Hajime no Ippo

Mashiba casually murders a guy while a Buddhist temple watches.

Attached: F.png (897x1300, 333K)

So, this a new chapter?

How much longer is he gonna drag out this shit?

Attached: 1542535351905.png (393x382, 45K)

Its almost as if he's in a rush now, he could easily have dragged this match for another 10-15 chapters and it wouldnt have suprised anyone

Ippo had the worst fights in the series, I'm glad we get more of the other characters right now.

>That panel of Ippo feeling the punch from how hard it looked
kek

The entire series is tainted.

Attached: 1542472884595.jpg (540x337, 51K)

That took almost too little time, Mashiba went straight from questioning who he is to completely obliterating the dude without letting the question simmer. Should've zoomed in on him walking away too.

because they are so drawn out and always is an asspull

I'm glad Mashiba managed to obliterate the guy. Would have been irritating to see yet another side character struggling like a bitch.

>How much longer is he gonna drag out this shit?

why asking that after 1250 chapters?

It's definitely not what I would have put my money on, but this time George pulled through and gave our boy some justice.

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-114325.jpg (1440x1335, 1.04M)

>Somehow wins a match where he received long strings of unprotected face shots and was utterly dominated just because his gloves gently brushed his opponents torso at some point

Attached: 1512042589240.gif (646x403, 685K)

Because it actually seemed like it was reaching a conclusion back when Ippo retired after turning into a complete useless chump in the ring.

The fight that soured the series.

>unprotected face shots

wtf are you talking about? he just parries with his nose to protect his face

>why foul them when you can just punch them
True genius demonstrated by our boy

He blocked with his head nigga, that's boxing 101.

Ippo's coach truly knows his stuff, no one else is such a master of strategy or caring for his boxers.

Attached: I wonder why Ippo has brain damage.jpg (800x1259, 157K)

Yeah given the general tone of recent matches, one would have probably expected Mashiba to lose or win in a way that he doesn't feel satisfied.

Attached: 1512238546883.png (900x1300, 1.46M)

vs Gedo was bad too but this one was too much. Vs Gonzalez was better but there hasnt been a good Ippo fight since the Karasawa one

people shittalk hajime no ippo but the pacing has been fucking fantastic lately. the last 3-4 fights have been sick

morikawa nailed the pacing here but the last major fights for ippo and takamura werent that good

I liked Takamura Oneshotting the guy when we all thought this was the one where he would lose.

Well, at least this chapter was kind of “quick”. Do you guys think Aoki (or Kimura) will still fight Iga?

He took that punch when he sparred with Mashiba (it was around chapter 800 if I’m not mistaken). In fact he was Btfoed in that sparring.

Iga just died user, show some fucking respect.

Why is this crap still running? Its like a Shokugeki no Soma but 100 times worse and longer.
Cant the editors have the guts to put the gun to a series when its due time? Cant they see its suffering?

Because Ippo hasn't proved his coaches boxing yet

Why is the bald Ippo even there? Holy shit just die already loser.

I wonder if Richardofag has killed himself yet

Attached: richardo-kun v2.png (1874x696, 130K)

Ippo's fights are like Joe's ones from Ashita no Joe before he stopped being retarded with his "hands low and get punched a lot" (Ippo never did).

Why would anyone ever think Ippo would move up? It's his natural class and his whole gimmick is that he punches like he's 3 classes higher.

Attached: 1511279950359.jpg (463x1080, 197K)

Manga is called hajime no ippo, you'll find it hard to get rid of him.

People misunderstood Takamura's words back when Iga had beaten Aoki, but yeah, Ippo going up a class wouldnt make any sense

If anything Iga losing completely to Mishiba actually puts him at a reasonable height for Aoki to aspire to.

Attached: DdPYyBi.png (680x635, 488K)

A lot, probably

Yeah, it was the best possible outcome. Mori can still write if he bothers

If he didn't end it when Ippo "retired" then he isn't planning on stopping any time soon. He's gonna ride this out until he dies of old age.

I'm actually stunned the match ended like this. Hearing you guys talk, I was pretty sure Iga was only down and he'd ass-pull a comeback in later chapters.

Very satisfying. But I doubt Aoki will ever get another crack at Iga... but that's only because I think that bitch Marron will abandon him, because that's the kind of prick he is. That'll cause the two bums to take Iga under their wing.

Aoki and Kimura suffered enough. For fuck sake give them something other than humiliation.

>Mashiba murdering a boxer in Ippo
>Schneidar trying to murder Genzo and stoping the heart of misugi in Tsubasa.
What is happening?

I agree. George even delivered with the disciple training shit adn the fights have been good lately. I've been enjoying it

If anything Mashiba held back to purely murdering a guy through boxing. If he really wanted to he could've really killed the guy instead.

Attached: jrrAwYq.png (1419x1100, 357K)

>did you forget who i am?

I dont know whats with this series, but the Hajime no ippo memes make me laugh harder than any other.

yhea, aoki might just win vs a brain damaged cripple, its his best possible match up

Iga might not even be injured considering how much the boxers in this series can take, him being mentally broken is more likely

Agreed, didn't expect it to end this soon but it was actually decently written.

Wholesome chapter, Mashiba deserves it.

So, who’s going to fight next? Sendo?

I lost my folder, please post your best ippo memes.

It's always fun seeing based Mashiba beat the dogshit out of someone but despite beein a running joke how bad the fucking refs are in this manga this is just fucking ridiculous.

Bet he would've allowed the fight to keep going if he hadn't crumbled. Either way i'm glad the author didn't go full retard making Mashiba lose and force him into being Aoki's training partner or some stupid shit.

Attached: file.png (897x1300, 983K)

Worse Miyaya.

GHAAAA SAVE ME Yea Forums!!!!!!

Attached: file.png (290x350, 72K)

This series is so bizarre now

Miyata fought like 20 chapters ago, it's gonna be Sendo or a major Itagaki fight

Just turn off your brain bro. Just follow my plan.

use your face to block that punch, kid!!!

this was a kino chapter.try listening it with ''no easy way out'' in the background.chilling

you're not breathing in enough OXYGEN.
YAMATO DAMASHI

Have we finally found someone dumber than Kamogawa at coaching?

Everyone will call Maron a retard for doing this "coaching".
>What the fuck, Kamogawa did the fucking same thing with Ippo and you praised him.

He did come up with a good anti-mashiba plan though, Kamogawa hasnt come up with a strategy since I dont know, Vorg match? Iga is probably fine and didnt suffer damage so by the series standards it wasnt too bad

The trick is to breathe in the oxygen pushed by the opponents glove into your face. This way you can take advantage of extra amounts of oxygen from each punch. The opponent ends up providing you with more power with each punch you facetank! Upper cuts are the most potent punches to eat, as they push oxygen from below right up your nostrils. Remember that and victory is yours!

I actually liked the Bison fight more than the Eagle one. Eagle was just a bunch of technical gimmick shit with the blood and had a fucking asspull "REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING" ending. Bison had some strategy at least. I really liked Takamura using the flicker on the spot

You must've forgotten where you are.

It was good until the stupid ending which took multiple chapters

Marron found a guy with talent who might not have the proper instincts but is very obedient to the point of subversiveness- which honestly is the EXACT type of boxer he would want to train, as it puts him into the spotlight. This works so long as his actual gameplans work to perfection... and up to this point? They had.

as said, this was a really great plan too. It's just that Mashiba inexplicably evolved beyond type in the middle of the plan.

>no chapter to gather material
What did he mean by this?

If the nigga stands again next chapter I am gonna flip, should had been knocked out chapters ago.

the fight is over bro. technical knock out

more like Over-Iga

The Iga and Marron relationship would be a good point for Ippo to think about the kind of blind faith he has in his coach and how little that's worth.

I'm sure Mori will do something with it

That's the thing a competent writer would do, but at the same time he had the chance for that retrospection right after nearly breaking a kids skull over that faith and didn't really do it.

What the fuck is going on with this series anymore? Wasn't Ippo unable to fight anymore?

Yeah, maybe. It still seems to me Iga and Marron are there for more than being jobber to Mashiba and Aoki's rival. During the fight it was mentioned Marron was rushing with the title fight and it's possible he will dump Iga now so there will be some drama involved later. The thing is, Coach wasnt a dick with his methods, he genuinely wanted Ippo to succeed and not get hurt but was too stupid to do anything more than tank hits with his face.

I'm so looking forward to know what exactly is "being a monster" for Ippo himself!
My bet is - to break his promise to quit, break up with Kumi and abaddon Coach™
That would be HUGE twist for this manga and it's protagonist. And it should have an appropriate reason for a turn like this and I'm dying to see it one day.
Something has to make the purest guy in the world selfish, make him finally want to fight for his own ambitions.

But this fight ended with a refstop, not a down.

That's what makes it so much harder, to everyone involved Kamogawa is a good person and coach, there's been hints of people questioning his boxing but it's never directly addressed by the main cast who completely believe in it, and until they do it's really hard to see Ippo becoming a real boxer and not just someone fighting for other people with someone else's boxing, putting kids in wheelchairs over old sparring mitts.

What the fuck is that 2nd panel, did he swing his dick at him?

It's the path his arm took to make Iga flinch.

So it looks like we are getting a Sendo match next. I just hope we don't see anymore of that candy ass faggot Miyata.

its just a feint with a jab

Everyone shits on Gedo but I like the whole fight. Maybe because I was entertained with his "magician" shtick and small character development out of the ring being shot and left to die in a street

There’s a good chance Sendo fights Gonzalez next.

There was nothing wrong with Gedo, but the fight dragged and was mostly Ippo tanking his jabs with coach being unable to come up with any strategy. Ippo should have at least kept that heart break shot in his arsenal

Any fight is fine as long as I don't see that little bitch Miyata

I want to get into it but im so lazy to read a shit ton of chapters

just be youirself bro

You have autism

Is this manga even about ippo anymore?

Most of the chapters are really fast to read. There’s a lot of double spreads and pages without dialogues, just action.

When I first read it (back in 2008) it took me a week to get to chapter 800.

It's better when it's about the other fighters, so I hope not