Is Detective Conan really that good? Any one watched it?

Is Detective Conan really that good? Any one watched it?

Attached: 1557611752759m.jpg (479x1024, 97K)

holy shit, China loves capeshit

Conan is top tier OP. There isn't an anime I watch more, I recommend it. The movies are gradually more action oriented than the series but its regarded as great action. Movie 5 was Die Hard in anime form but they ramp it up more and more.

Yea Forums's lack of current interest in the franchise is a shame but understandable since its been over two decades of a series. The movies are annual, have been since the first in 1997.

Attached: take off your clothes.webm (720x540, 2.57M)

They just have a shit ton more people.

This fucking Endgame movie was hyped to hell and back worldwide, everyone flocked to it and it ended up being in like #2 of the best selling film of all time despite not being anything worth being that high over on its own merits.

>Is Detective Conan really that good?
No. Endgame is simply shit.

How does that even happen?
Isn't the entry barrier gigantic?
Shouldn't movie series like this lose steam as they go on because the amount of people who actually watched every one of the previous movies be actually pretty small?

As if people actually gives a shit about that.
You think all the kids who watched Naruto and Dragon ball refused to watch it before seeing the very first ep1.

Pretty sure even people who only saw a couple came in for this just because of how fucking big everywhere was reporting it was. That coupled with the big 3 hour run time made everyone want to see it. It could have been a jar of mayonnaise for 3 hours and with the backing this shit had it'd sell equally well. One of the morning news things locally here (I'm in the US) ran some interview with an actor and all he said was shit like it was good and that people will like it and the girls interviewing him were practically wetting themselves, it helps to have hot actors.

Technically this is only the fourth Avengers movie. The Marvel films basically function as a dozen intertwined franchises that were designed to stand alone and marketed individually to various degrees.
Streaming has also vastly lowered the difficulty of watching films. The average person watches a couple of hours of TV most nights, so they click a button and rent a movie instead.

I wonder why they don't have things like Conan does where every movie is easy access with a nice and concise retelling of important details in a cool movie themed montage. You don't even have to know 1 thing about Conan and can just walk in and see a film.

wrong, they like it just as much as any other country. but they have a shit ton of people

I watch the Conan movies every year when english subs become available (generally need to wait for DVD release later in the year). Haven't seen this year's yet.

Nothing to do with Conan, all capeshit movies bomb in Japan.

Not true, when Endgame opened it beat Conan during that weekend or at least one of the days, Conan went right back to number one after the initial day(s) Endgame was out despite having been out for about a month at the time.

It is, as long as you skip non plot episodes.

>implying
Stop watching the series wrong.

Attached: heiji group.jpg (640x480, 128K)

No in fact the movies have been complete shit for years. Last year's Zero Enforcer was the top grossing film in the franchise and it was pretty bad.

>for years
Zero was an outlier. Let's hope the Akai film in 2020 isn't another.

I'll be honest, back in my senior year I tried watching every single episode, but I gave up on that somewhere around episode 150, and just started watching plot relevant episodes, but then I just gave up on watching it all together in 2014. I have no idea what's going on now, I'll just wait until something major happens and then rewatch.

Understandable. I don't know many people who can binge it without burning out. People compare it to the Simpsons but with them they aren't tied to a specific genre or as down to earth so they have more variety, so if someone wanted to binge Simpsons it might be easier. I've binged Conan fairly regularly and am in the 700s currently. I did stop here and there a few weeks and watched something else for a refresher but I didn't entirely burn out. Even when breaking I'd rewatch certain bits I already saw. I don't expect the same of anyone else.
>I'll just wait until something major happens and then rewatch.
Spoilers, but there's been a good few things. Conan knows who the boss of the organization is, a new APTX victim has shown up, Shinichi is dating Ran, Gin wants Kogoro "finished off" due to him being at a case involving the organization, more people know Conan's identity (of course, not Ran), and Conan's parents are staying in Japan now until the series ends to help him with the organization.

I think there's more but that's just what comes to mind. Due to the nature of the show not many of these things have had time to develop, they're all relatively recent and the one with Shinichi and Ran getting together was the last canon episode released, it's been filler since the start of January. Finally got a release date for the boss and his parents coming home episode for the start of June.

Attached: tiny edogawa.png (488x367, 306K)

>Shinichi and Ran are dating
Officially? Finally.

Yea it's official.

Attached: answer.jpg (800x450, 31K)

Also he firmly gripped her shoulders and was going to mouth rape her but he started shrinking again.

Attached: grip.png (813x591, 688K)

The crimes usually devolve into some overly complicated rube goldberg contraption.
But it's still fun for the most part.

Attached: rube-goldberg-machine-1021x680.jpg (1021x680, 85K)