Boogiepop

What is Yea Forums's consensus on this series?

Attached: 1548639645510.png (1200x675, 1.1M)

Shit

Watching it felt like torture, it's really bad.
I like it for being so bad in retrospective. But it's not even funny to watch and laugh at, it's just bad and afterwards you shake your head and laugh at it.

It's good, AOTY and brainlet filter
plebbitfags and OPMfags BTFO

Only good for the music and smug boogiepop. Read the novels if you are interested in the story at all

Gave the first 3 episodes a watch. It's boring as shit and the OST is all it has going for it, really.

It was great, they fucked up the first 3 episodes but the rest was good, especially the scarecrow arc
Also 10/10 soundtrack and Aoi Yuuki

Attached: 1550940659731.webm (720x404, 452K)

everyone looks the fucking same

Attached: 1557802317975.png (166x296, 82K)

>Yea Forums
>consensus

>caring about Yea Forums
Nips liked it and that's all that matters
MALtards btfo

Attached: based nips.jpg (974x600, 177K)

Anime is good.
Light novels are great.

I'm kinda happy that this series didn't get popular so we could have the comfy threads for ourselves.

Attached: 1554037535258.gif (500x281, 1.06M)

This

We want togo fuck Boogiepop.

I want smug boogie to step on my dick

still haven't understand what was about

Boogiepop makes my penispop

the last hope for psychological anime instead of moe shit

Attached: 1554816675228.jpg (1257x1422, 187K)

>"Just be yourself."
Woah, so deep.

Utter crap that only people who watch nothing but seasonal shit would consider smart

AOTY

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

aoty

HELLO Yea Forums

Attached: IMG_20190514_064521.jpg (1240x1754, 134K)

Why read the novels when you can just IMAGINE them

Attached: 1557677846855.gif (500x439, 2.07M)

A O T Y
O
T
Y

Attached: 1555308622814.webm (800x450, 615K)

garbage
we call it boogieflop for a reason

Aots, and a real pleb filter.
Based
This

Attached: 2ebe8501744e45e0d365bf973c962b64.webm (640x360, 1.58M)

where can i pick up the LN? are they translated or do i have to muddle through smug with dekinai?

BASED AND AOTYPILLED

Attached: 1553867413236.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

too normal and too cute

Maybe it would've been more popular if it wasn't awful

It was good
And I love boogie

Attached: D4FJMkbUEAAmLbW.jpg (1200x675, 53K)

>we
you have to go back

Attached: D4rlfgXUcAAEjX4.jpg (1200x848, 104K)

Chibi show when

Attached: bt_contents_08_02.jpg (1200x1200, 87K)

>Wanting a show to be popular on Yea Forums
Haha, no thanks.
Season 2 comes first.

Attached: 1552759596840.gif (600x338, 1.32M)

>Season 2 comes first.
God I wish

Attached: touka-chan.jpg (884x1132, 293K)

>season 2
soon

Attached: 64462047_p0.png (569x381, 66K)

I love it. Are there any translated books aside from volumes 1-6 which we're pretty much covered by the show.

Events happening so out of sequence put a damper on it and thus made the pacing turn out wonky. Mood, atmosphere, tone, writing, maturity all good. I give it a 7 out of 10.

funny namae

Saotome did nothing wrong

Attached: saotomekun.jpg (1351x1000, 283K)

It does look like this prediction from December happened. I'm sure lots of people gave it a try and dropped it quite quickly.
The fag that kept posting AOTY threads before it came out probably didn't help the perception of it. I've got a feeling it's the same one that switched to calling everyone brainlets if they didn't like it once it started.

Attached: Thread #182084429.png (3334x490, 123K)

I want to see chibi boogie smug faces

Was she a cuck?

Attached: Boogiepop16_2.jpg (1200x675, 60K)

ARE THERE ANY OTHER TRANSLATED BOOGIEPOPU WORKS OR AM I GONNA HAVE TO START LEARNING MY KANJI ALL OVER AGAIN.

You can start learning

Yes

Attached: 1556444572349.gif (842x594, 1.21M)

CUTE

Amazing OST and VA (at least Aoi Yuki) – they really carried the show. It was pretty good for an anime-only me, albeit a bit lackluster at times. The ending was too abrupt.
The heavy use of CGI was sad and it's disheartening we didn't get even a half of what was showed in the trailer.

After reading first 4 volumes of LN, I think I get why it didn't do as well as it could have.
Boogiepop's design – instead of a mysterious androgynous (more male than female) boy that never actually smiles, we got a smug girl in a hat.
"He" was supposed to suddenly appear from and disappear into the shadows, but half of the scenes we've seen "him" are under sunlight. It's dumb when "he" suddenly disappears in the broad daylight without other characters seeing shit.
But probably my biggest grip is that they've focused too much on Boogiepop. It felt like anything the other characters were doing was a bit meaningless and it was just the wait until Boogiepop arrives to save the day. It worked much better in the novel, where each arc (each volume) had a set of lead characters whom we learned of by having their point of view, and Boogiepop is always pretty much a side character shrouded in mystery, despite "him" being a titular one – we never get Boogiepop's POV.

It was a pretty decent anime and I enjoyed it despite the flaws. I didn't feel like I've missed anything of the importance (certain character connections, motives, etc) – when I was reading the novel, I didn't learn anything actually new, even if it was more in-depth – so props to that. But it certainly works much better in the novel form – don't know whether it's the problem of the execution or anime format in general.

Attached: 1557659267869.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

Attached: Spooky Suiko.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

Good write-up, basically sums up my opinion of the show as well

It was super chuuni and pretentious, but still entertaining. My biggest compliant is they spent too much time going off on 2deep4u tangents that didn't really mean anything.

AOTY
I miss Boogiepop so much!

What was she trying to do?

High 7. Skip Manticore.

No, the point is not "just be yourself." The point is you can't never be trully yourself because you're influenced by society whether you like it or not, but ultimately there's nothing wrong with that as long as you can keep your priorities straight.

>Boogiepop's design – instead of a mysterious androgynous (more male than female) boy that never actually smiles, we got a smug girl in a hat.
But smug is life user.

Jokes aside, your post is pretty well informed. I also agree that the Aoi Yuuki and the OST really were the highlights of this adaptation. Unfortunately, I now feel spoiled by these and would find it difficult reading further should more novels get translated (or should I actually master moonrunes). The TV ending was indeed unfortunate, and really felt like just an afterthought and placeholder. And as much of as I love Boogie, I agree that there was not an enormous amount of effort to make the "others" seem like anything other than sidekicks in the show.

Something I slightly disagree with is the lack of Boogie's PoV. It is not that abnormal considering his character, and we still get a sense of his thoughts and perspective through interactions and dialogue with the other characters. In addition, I also don't really mind the gripe about Boogiepop appearing and disappearing anywhere, anytime. It's difficult to explain, but at least to me, it's more reaffirming of their role as the supernatural counterbalance of the world. The best example I can think of is the scene in episode 14 when Niitoki spots Miyashita on the street staring at the Moon Temple. You can actually see the precise moment when Boogiepop senses a disturbance and awakens, leaving Touka vanishing in the blink of an eye. In this way, it really does seem like something purely automatic with no regards for things like timing or effect.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 18 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_21.45_[2019.0 (1616x909, 417K)

7.5/10 AOTS. Brainlets with no attention span HATE IT.

Attached: superior superhero coming thru.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

>But probably my biggest grip is that they've focused too much on Boogiepop
You feel that because you only read through the first 4 books. The anime didn't do any major changes when it comes to Boogie's screentime. Boogie does get a lot of screentime in the King of Distortion novel, just like he does in the adaptation of that arc. That's why you get that impression, I guess.

If you keep reading more novels, even through the ones who aren't translated yet, you'll see Boogie slowly getting more and more focus.

>Something I slightly disagree with is the lack of Boogie's PoV.
No, user. On the contrary, I wasn't complaining about the lack of Boogiepop's POV, my complaint was that the anime put Boogiepop to the forefront – it's hard to say why, but it feels like that to me. Or maybe it's the opposite and—like you said—they didn't put much effort to establish other characters. That's probably the case, yeah.

Also I was a bit drunk when I wrote that post, so maybe I could have phrased that better.

I unironically don't get it. I'm not saying it's bad, just that I'm too stupid to understand.

The anime skipped volume 4 where Boogie almost doesn't appear, and adapted volume 5 at the end, where Boogie has as lot of focus. That's probably why you get the impression they focused a lot on him, even though it was all pretty faithful to the novel.

Perhaps. I'm halfway through volume 5 now, I guess I'll keep reading for now. Volume 7 translations never.

Liked the original more than this, but this wasn't bad at all, in fact it was suprisingly good. There was no arc that was extremely weak imo, but i liked the more mysterious aura of the first anime.
I came into this anime expecting it to be < to

>I never realized I needed smug boogie, but now that I have it, my life is complete
This

Attached: 1552657259607.jpg (1280x720, 356K)

10/10
Season 2 when

>sate wa...
I love this even though I can't read anything else.
I really need to learn japanese to move from this shounentard western shithole into the cute japanese web

Soon

Attached: D0FCuGNU0AAbF0d.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

Daily reminder that he won and he was right since the beginning
Apologize

Attached: boogiepop-anime-2019-02-15-21h49m52s994-768x432.jpg (768x432, 29K)

Best grill

Attached: 1555437428090.jpg (800x558, 94K)

how did he win?

Attached: 1557671995633.png (400x300, 56K)