Is this the greatest battle shounen of all time?

Is this the greatest battle shounen of all time?

Attached: Fmavol1.jpg (1222x868, 367K)

the worst*
good things it's forgotten shit now

Who else here didn't manage to watch maybe half of the first episode? Fuck that yellow haired faggot. Holy shit.

Attached: 1244533425322.jpg (625x780, 71K)

for me, mob psycho has superceded it, but before that came along yes, it was the best

cringe normalfag

Can someone actually be this objectively wrong?

yes, the faggots who still think it ever was any good.

I couldnt watch this past the first episode.

Yes, even though calling it "battle" shonen is a little reductive.

couldn't really get into it
doesn't have the pure hype trashy fun I look for in shounen

gash bell begs to differ.

>Lol plot that progresses purely on million of conveniences
>greatest
Only if you're a degenerate. Women can't write stories

its shit confounded on "le funny jokes"
"haha youre little
dont call me that!!"

wow i died haha xD

12 posts and not one of these faggots and give a non autistic answer breaking down several categories and doing a comparison.

This board fell off, we used to have a decent poster for every 10 retards.

Rewatch this shit that fma is and look how many lucky coincidences always happen. Without them the plot would stop at episode 1. This is shit writing

The Elric Brothers are both jobbers compared to Saitama

Attached: (47) Pinterest.47bdd4030d35c250a719938826569008.jpg (236x391, 19K)

name five major coincidences.

the series existing
people giving a shit about it
people pretending to give a shit about it in 2019
this thread
eng dub va for MC being a faggot coincidentally also voicing a character in such a shitty series

Akame ga Kill was better.

Attached: 1418161777121.jpg (960x640, 116K)

Dude, someone posted a chart of japs shit taste, this bullcrap was rated number one, Eva the second; decided to give it a try and watched exactly 50% of the first episode before deleting it.

but its only americans who give a shit about this series

it doesnt get new games, new merch or new manga

its forgotten because it sucked horribly

So you have no arguments and are just sperging.

Explain to me, if you actually watched the first episode, what was wrong with it. Go on wikipedia and read the summary if you want, I am patient.

>Elrics accidentally meeting ling to progress whole ling route
>winry accidentally meeting scar
>old man (roy's acquaintance) accidentally meeting mei on a train station to progress whole northern arc
>mei accidentally being at the right place and right time to save scar when he was cornered
>scar accidentally meeting marco in the sewers to progress
There are tons of this shit in every episode or chapter

Greatest is precisely the word I wouldn't use. That would be Hunter X hunter in 2011, and Mob Psycho in 2019. Now, hear me out.
FMA managed to be kinda perfect by playing it safe in my opinion. The story is super consistent and thus leaves little room for flaws but by that same token the epic moments aren't all that great, not all of them. It still has cool stuff but I'd say most remember Hughes and Nina as the sad scenes (brotherhood butches the latter) and Mustang killing homunculi, the Fuhrer fights and Kimblee vs Alphonse as the cool shit. And they aren't exactly clap worthy.

It's perfect and safe but doesn't reach the highs HxH does. Hxh is instead stupidly inconsistent story and tone wise and this alienates certain viewers. The first arc is early one piece, then we go to rescue Killua and Idk what that is, then a dragon ball tournament with the kids learning ki, then a mafia arc similar to death note, then it gets lighter with the SAO arc and finally half the anime is Chimera Ant kino full of philosophy and darkness with a resident evil invasion and a cast of different characters besides Gon and Killua.
And all of those do a marvelous job at setting up something and then paying off. HxH does the hype thing much better than fma because Hisoka showing up or finally getting to see the troupe on action has a stronger impact than seeing the homunculi, which are the strongest on fma. The humor is better, the sad parts are properly set up and will depress you, and the joy you feel seeing Gon and Killua progress isn't something you'll find watching fma. Hxh makes you feel stronger emotions.

.... Which is why I believe Mob wins in the end. That anime was built to make you feel emotions and its like 10 times shorter than hxh. More power per pound. You'll feel happy, sad, laugh and get hyped with Mob every episode and the story is simple but decent enough to not hold it back.

only good for fapping

I didn't get a single emotion out of Mob's 2nd season. I remember I liked 1st season, but 2nd was a total shit

>First episode when Mob saves the girl's paper
>Mogami's backstory
>Reigen and Mob
>Mob loses control of his emotions vs Toichiro
>Toichiro before the final explosion
You are full of shit.

Yeah, I got the same feeling. Nothing flows in this world naturally as it should

>posts a yellow-haired faggot

Attached: 1549521697218.jpg (626x756, 181K)

Dude, I was precisely thinking about the 2nd season writing that block. From the first episode with Mob dating that girl and standing up for her I teared up when he fixed her novel, then shit got freaky with the ghost family episode as Mob was being pushed to kill them and the ghost dad was about to retaliate, the Reigen fiasco and Mob telling him he's a good guy and the tension at the Mogami exorcism episode. Not to mention the battle parts with the 2nd half.

Are you being genuine?

this, it's really a slice of life shonen

>teared up
Fuck off with that reddit tier shit. We barely knew the girl and mob did something nice like he always does, cut the damn theatrics.

>battle shounen

>Mob did something nice like he always does
I mean that's the highlight of this anime

>OPM
>battle shonen

>perfect
more like perfectly shit

I will never like that craptastic piece of media

That would be Mob. FMA is pretty linear since the first episode, it's about 2 soldier kids traveling the country while kicking bad guys' asses looking for clues on the Stone. And starting from the snow city it is full on military warfare.

>normalfag zoomers ask me if i have anime recommendations
>hell yeah i do, do you guys know kill la kill?
>akame ga kill? yeah that was lit bro xddd
why are they like this

Yes that's what I said. You can like it or not but it's perfect shit. Personally I got bored some times and some of my friends didn't finish it. It's pretty linear but I can't exactly say
>Aha, the author made X mistake!
Like you can do 3 times per episode in Naruto for example. And what other battle Shonen of high quality are out there to compare fma to?

Cringe contrarian faggot. Imagine being this much of a virgin with rage that you can't enjoy anything that is remotely popular.

lacking in the battle department, but a great shonen nonetheless

>virgin
Mate virgin shaming on this board with 98% of the users being virgin is a terrible insult that bordering on the ridiculous. Stick to the arguments.

>Kill La Kill
>not a normalfag zoomer anime

why would you compare shit to anything of high quality though?

Ignore it and move on. It will never get any new game like Dragon Ball, Naruto or MHA. Dead series, the sooner everyone forgets it's existence, the better for humanity.

>fmafags are the ones using "virgin" unironically

LMAO this is the level that said series taught you, isn't it? Good thing I never watched that crap

More of an adventure than battle.

Friendly reminder that Roy wanted to start a revolution and to bring democracy in the country that was in the state of fucking war with everyone around it. You don't even remember how retarded FMA was.

2003 > Brotherhood

I don't think it really matters though as long as the plot is interesting and flows. There's going to be some degree of conveniences for the story to happen. I don't expect every writer to set things up so everything HAS to happen as organically as possible.

I barely remember any battles in fma though, while I do in mob so it's only mildly sol

Not the greatest, but pretty damn good. Yea Forums is full of contrarians so they'll insist it's nothing above shit, of course - most likely because they are understandably sick of it being praised by the mainstream as the best shonen series in existence.

If I had one complaint, it's probably that it feels too "safe" in its themes, and a little too optimistic and consequence-less in the end. The thing Ed gives up for Al's body is something he never ends up really needing again anyway, for starters. That, and Arakawa is terrible at humor. My favorite comedy moment in the whole series is a scene she didn't even write (the one where Sig and Armstrong dramatically shake each other's hands)

But it's otherwise got an engaging plot/mystery, an interesting world and some pretty fun characters.

>pitting Gash Bell against FMA
Don't, both are great for completely different reasons.

have sex.

Wouldn't exactly call it a battle shounen. It's more of an adventure story. It is great, though.

>complains about what he thinks other people should have posted
>doesn't post it himself
you're a special kind of retard.

That was fucking TOO much for me, and I'm not a big opponent to conveniences

Why is Gash Bell so beloved on Yea Forums? I've never read it, or even heard of it too often past the Toonami bumpers that used to air.

You don't remember Bradely vs a tank + chinese ninjas?
It was one of the best fights.

Dragon Ball is the best battle shonen of all time. FMA is adventure and One Piece is the best adventure shonen of all time

POST YOUR TOP FIVE FAVORITE ACTION SHONEN, GO

Attached: JanembaPort.gif (500x280, 1.7M)

Hokuto no Ken
Dragon Ball
Yu Yu Hakusho
I don't know any other action shonen to be honest. All of the others I like are either comedy or adventure

yugioh
saint seiya
yyh
dragon ball
bleach

>claps
>slaps ground
>some column sprouts from the ground to hit enemy
>repeat
what are some other garbage shonen combat styles?

Attached: Artbook_11-2007.jpg (683x1000, 177K)

a new contender appears...

Attached: 466-tower_of_god_manga.jpg (225x301, 24K)

In no particular order:
>JoJo
>Gash Bell
>World Trigger
>FMA
>HxH

Deku's, where he just punches something or kicks something, and when he's in a pinch he'll just punch or kick something a little harder than before.

>JoJo
>Gash Bell
>HxH
>KLK
>FMA:B

No, Bleach manga is.

Anons who was your favourite sin?

It's not a battle shonen

Hunter x Hunter.
Yuyu Hakusho.
Dragon Ball.
My hero academia.
Jojo part 3

>tfw want to watch this and brotherhood
>no torrents on nyaa
end me

normies don't want watch (or associate with) KLK once they see just a bit of ryuko's ass. I mean, I was greatly pleased, but they seem to be offended by it or something. I don't know.

mob wasn't a battle manga

Attached: 1556747781097.jpg (771x1159, 359K)

Yeah that's why it ends in a cliched boss fight straight out if dbz

I liked the show itself a lot but I honestly didn't like the fanservicey component of the show. Ryuko's regular uniformed look is a really good design, but the senketsu and junketsu battle forms feel too gratuitous to look cool. There's a number of really nice ways to make designs both horny and cool but I just wasn't a fan of how they looked, it was almost obnoxious.

I'm far from offended, but I get why someone might not want to fuck with something that is so earnestly in-your-face.

divine and CHADly taste

wow, you might be gay

Attached: 23345233m51s843.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

KLK is extremely normalfag, not sure why it had such a following on Yea Forums when it aired, I guess people just loved inferno cop or something.

Attached: Kill le Kill is the best show ever anime is le saved.png (1613x641, 829K)

>KLK is extremely normalfag
you, sir, are living in a god damn bubble

It explicitly makes the strength of its powers directly proportional to emotions and the bond you have with your partner from the very beginning, so you're not allowed to complain about it when it happens.
Throw in a whole slew of likeable characters and one feat of legitimately heartfelt self-sacrifice after another and you have yourself one very enjoyable shonen.

Attached: 1449802116896.png (1798x1400, 649K)

What kind of bubble would that be? It was very popular at cons and I have heard normalfags speak about it in public. If Tier 1 normalfag is attack on titan, naruto and avatar, it's in tier 2.

Attached: hF730FE8E.jpg (500x667, 96K)

that dude is at least level 44 wizard, and by no means a normalfag, fag. Nice tummy.

the constant tone-deaf quipping and non-sequitors annoyed the fuck out of me when I first watched it a long time ago

reminds me a lot of what modern marvel movies do nowadays where everyone takes turns pretending they're tony stark

Did this guy ever meet up with Man-Faye?

I thought it was called zatch bell

Zatch Bell is the english localization in the west, the scanlations by fans use the original name, Gash Bell

I will never understand what was up with that localization. Was "Gash" too edgy for American standards?

manlets btfo

No.

Read mob psycho 100. It has a better final arc than that father god arc in fma

FMA is good, but it's not even the best battle shounen by a woman.

o
I watched it as a kid but have basically no memory of it other than the protag and his blonde haired little guy with a blue shirt thing?

Pretty sure it was because gash is slang for vagina. I guess it could be because of the injury type too.

It has battles and is a shounen user

On the other hand, FMA doesn't have any arc as bad as the telepathy arc of Mob, nor moments as preachy as in the Claw Boss arc.

The final arc of fma (ed beating father is preachy)
So was envy crying for his life from mustang

Greedling just wanted friends like Ed

At least mob has shorter arcs that get to the point

The telepathy arc is one of the best arcs ever user fag

Also greedling is a dumb ass who never goes full shield on wrath and breaks his swords

>The final arc of fma (ed beating father is preachy)
>So was envy crying for his life from mustang
>Greedling just wanted friends like Ed
These aren't nearly as preachy.
>The telepathy arc is one of the best arcs ever user fag
It's pretty bad. The Reigen spinoff made the same point way better, and more in line with the tone of the manga.

The moe eyed aliens was the funniest shit user!

And winry as a character was preachy

did you not even watch the first time he got completely fucked up by wrath?

totally a great idea

I do not think FMA played exactly "safe", the "safe" would do something with dragon ball-like with the tournament saga

because the country was a military dictatorship ...

And still didn’t cover his whole body

>Yu Yu Hakusho
>JoJo
>Hunter x Hunter
>Rurouni Kenshin
>InuYasha

Attached: 1557653270844.jpg (1668x1900, 807K)

Gunsmith Cats is amazing
I actually enjoyed the anime

Attached: 1317561666586.jpg (1280x800, 470K)

Nah that’s DBZ of course.

No, it's Hunter x Hunter and every other answer is wrong.

Second is FMAB, come on now.