What grinds your gears about it? Lovers and haters both welcome

What grinds your gears about it? Lovers and haters both welcome.

Attached: jan-goszyk-nge-eva-tribute-by-jan-goszyk.jpg (1920x1080, 451K)

Almost nothing, really. It's the fans who are largely braindead retarded.

This. It's a decent show. Even great at its time, though it aged like milk.

from NGE absolutely nothing, the rebuilds grinds my gears for existing.

People who choose Rei and Misato.

I wish they didn't sabotage the second half.
You could have a solid Shinji story without necessarily fucking up the overarching narrative. I know this is usually derided as a pleb opinion but I genuinely think the last quarter to be pretentious garbage and EoE especially.

Not in the anime, but but in the N64 game, Israfel and Sandalphon are fucking cunts.

how has it aged like milk user?

Attached: DOxrInbVAAAv2F-.jpg (500x446, 55K)

>And so, you get in the damn Robot. Of course you don't want to! That's hell!
>But maybe, if you got over your hedgehod's dilemma and got your act together, you'd get in the robot, rescue your father from the ancestral abyss and maybe, just maybe you could do a bit of good in the world!
>I mean, what's the alternative? Instrumentality? That's good for about, oh, 10 seconds
>Until you realise you're alone, and you're nothing without others...
>So... So maybe getting in the robot isn't such a bad thing after all...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

People who choose Asuka.

how is it fucked up in any way, all the thematic and symbolic seeds are planted in like the first 3 episodes

I genuinely enjoyed sci-fi part of the story until it become nothing but vague words and mystery boxes that eventually got dropped for budget and more of Anno wanking. It never got quite as bad in the original show as 3.0 did of course, which presents a story completely devoid of context.

>the eva's out of control... there's no stopping it now
next episode
>dude we stopped it with bandages LMAO

yeah but that's not the narrative

It's part of it, fuck off.

That whole '90s hacking' episode where they hack the microscopic angels to death with computers was lame. worse than Magma Diver.

If he ever starts to drag anime into his nonsense, I will have to go kill him for the defense of the purity of 2D.

>though it aged like milk.
Not really.

Makes me wonder what episodes you could remove from Evangelion

None, not even the recaps

What Ritsuko did was use the remaining Magi to make attacks on the other two and force the Angel into adaptations that ultimately left it harmless, she tricked an animal into evolving away all its advantages so it could run faster. I like it because it's early detail about Magi and the Evas and how they're related that gets followed up later, the evolution and death commentary also comes back around, and the '60s-styled all-talking scifi is just good shit and a fun anachronism.

Love the visual directing, think that the audio directing is incredibly mediocre (especially in EoE) and hate every single character. Yet I still like show and love movie because it was Anno's goal to make me hate the cast, and he did an incredible job in achieving it.

The ending of course (original)

EoE is massively overrated and unnecessary

Deliberate, shameless use of fanservice. Fuck rebuild Asuka, fuck Mari, fuck Girlfriend of Steel, and fuck you.

Half of Rebuild 2 and all of Rebuild 3

Rebuilds.

My only issue with the original series is that there's one two many scenes where something happens and then Anno cuts to Misato and Ritsuko going "oh no what have we created", then it zooms in further on Misato and she goes "I have to find out the secrets of NERV!"

>fuck Mari
Would if I could