Attack on bullshit

Is there a term for when the antagonists have an unusual amount of plot armor?

Attached: plot armor titan doesnt die.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouCantThwartStageOne
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's called deconstruction

>them all just watching instead of stabbing him in the heart, cutting off his head, and cutting out his spine vertebra by vertebra
>Then feeding the parts to Eren and getting Eren to smash the titan to a pulp to be extra safe

Don't they remember that Levi just failed to kill him?

OOOOOO MYYYYY -X-

It was like every character went retarded.
Not only that, but Mikasa somehow failed to kill Bert 1 on 1.
What the fuck was this about?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Shingeki no Kyojin S3 - 52 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_17.28_[2019.05.12_22.43.21].jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

it's called an asspull,pretty clear on series like HxH and Naruto

it's called deconstruction

didn't expect Bert's new resolve

I'm glad I dropped this shit on the first season, I can't stand overly long manga/anime

Reiner has the opposite of plot armor
He has the armored titan yet he gets completely fucked every time he fights

Retard please that's nothing, fucking nothing compared to the plot armor shit you see in dragon ball or fairy tail.

If it was plot armor, Reiner would have come back with a villanuous HAHAHA and ten times stronger because titan cells or some cheap shit like that.

So this is the level of SnK, just above shit like dragon ball or fairy tail?

You Can't Thwart Stage One.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouCantThwartStageOne
Basically it means that the villain is utterly unbeatable, and none of the protagonists' attempts to stop their plans will succeed. Everything will go right for the villain until the very last second, when the hero magically defeats the villain thanks to a deus ex machina.

In this case, a running gag.

Attached: every fucking time.jpg (651x353, 106K)

He dies later on anyways retard

Seems you forgetting Berthold was the 3rd best graduate of the 104th training corps just behind Mikasa and Reiner. His potential has always been elite, is just that he lacked resolve.

That's the power of the Plot Armor Titan

Howcome they can regenerate their entire bodies yet they can only live for 13 years

>best graduate of the 104th training corps
>not even in the top 100 of training corps

Attached: f0e.png (600x625, 316K)

LMAO Some of you guys are acting like they are aware that he can willingly transfer his consciousness. That explanation was an inner monologue so it was for the viewers not the rest of the characters.

Annie looked very cute, CUTE!

The SL doesn't want to kill him, they want to capture him, interrogate him, and possibly feed him to one of their own. Killing him would just get in the way of all that.

This is the best brain fart I've seen on Yea Forums

I see that a lot of people didn't understand why reiner survived. Let's me explain:
Titan shifters are able to recover,activate the powers and give the powers(if eaten by another titan) thx the spine(mostly the spinal fluid, later in the anime you will understand why it so important).
So the spine is their true weakpoint and the core of their powers, so even if you separate the brain from the spine or literally blow up the brain,since the spinal fluid take all the information from the brain and shares them entire the body, they can survive sharing their subcontious in the spine and waiting for the regeneration.
This move is actually possible not only for reiner, but literally all the titan shifters ca do that( even if this move is considered a "last hope").
The only ways to kill a titan shifter are 3: blow completly up the entire body,destroy this spine and brain at the same time or weakeded him so much until he can't regenerate anymore and than kill him as a regular human.
This rule is literally the main ability of a shifter outside the titan power,and since this rule didn't got contraddicted, this can't be considered an asspull

That's just their name because there had been 103 generations of cadets before them lol. Is not a ranking.

Kek

No, it will became better and better from the next arc

God damn it, Akko.

Attached: 1498188803909.jpg (665x574, 39K)

You probably wasting your time user. This seems to be a case of "i don't understand it, so it's an asspull" when it's clear that this shows reveals stuff and explains it later.

that's not what military divison numbers mean either

103rd Training Corps (846-849)
104th Training Corps (847-850)
105th Training Corps (848-851)

As you can see, every graduating class start training with 1 year of difference.

Both of the Reiner brain asspulls are not inconsistent with the nature of Paths described later in the story (albeit, they are an ill-defined sort of magic); the main problem is that Reiner uses these abilities with no foreshadowing to the reader/viewer that such abilities exist, so the twists feel undeserved. Also, it is unclear how Reiner or the other Warriors would know of the existence of such abilities, let alone know how to perform them -- we never see any Warrior recruits participating in Severed Spinal Cord/Decapitation Training Day.

Please don't double down on this

>t.retard
Do you really think someone like Mikasa would graduate in the 104th training corp if there were over 100 other corps active at the same time and that they were based on skill? Are you fucking retarded?

If my memory still work, it was told this move was actually possible, but since no one ever tryed it, it was considered a "last hope" move.

That's not plot armor retard, and if Reiner actually got taken out just like that with a random asspull weapon it would have been anticlimactic as fuck. I'm more pissed about the cgi colossal titan it looks ugly as sin, they should at least have the budget to do this shit properly its fucking aot.

what's it got to do with "paths"? paths describe some sort of psychic connection between all eldians and ymir. Reiners just shifting his conciousness into the rest of his nervous system
Which isn't generally how we understand conciousness to work, but this is fiction

What I mean is that it is plausible that the paths could facilitate the moving of one's consciousness into another part of one's body, assuming that one's body is connected to paths as in the case of the shifters.

We have seen that paths can transmit memories and aspects of a shifter's personality backward and forward through time to shifters within the same line of succession, so it is plausible that a shifter's body -- which is created by organic material taken from and connected by the paths -- could serve as a temporary conduit for their personality/consciousness. In other words, I see the two things as being different expressions of the "memories connected by paths" phenomenon.

It could be that I was being a speed reader and didn't remember some foreshadowing.

There was no foreshadowing, it was only mentioned as a last resort by Bert after Reiner lost his face.
I don't get why people try so hard to defend this, it's just yet another random Titan skill out of nowhere used once in the story, it's just clumsily handled and got a lot of shit when it happened in the manga too.

Why would they have to foreshadow a 'Last Resort' move?

To know that there might be something they can do when they're desperate and cornered so when they suddenly push their consciousness into their ass when they're desperate and cornered it won't just seem like an desperate move done by the author to get them out of a high tension situation he just created. It takes away a lot of investment in the fight since you realise they can just pull some previous unknown bullshit to win or escape anyway.

>Which isn't generally how we understand conciousness to work
Brain function transfer actually is a real thing IRL. There are many cases of people losing half of their brain and learning to use their remaining hemisphere to make up for the loss of the other one.
But instead of another hemisphere of his brain, Reiner uses his spine.

I don't mean to defend the handling we got; I just think that with what little we know about the titan abilities and how the paths work, it would be possible to write a version of the same events without them being an asspull to the reader/viewer.

Reiner didn't even need to pull that move, it's never mentioned again and Isayama could have avoided it by making the Manlet just not hitting or something. It's just a badly handled plot point overall.

>it won't just seem like an desperate move done by the author to get them out of a high tension situation he just created.
The conciousness thing appeared 2 seconds after Reiner was stabbed by manlet, in the very same chapter. The ability was introduced to us there. If the author was desperate, he could have just have Reiner not stabbed in the fucking neck or not stabbed at all.
But he did on purpose to show the reader that is was possible. Manlet even commented about it being an ability he's never seen literally after the stab.

The second time it happened is the real cliffhanger, but by that time the ability was already introduced to us. Only retards could have not seen it coming after getting spoonfed literally seconds earlier.

Yeah, that's the point, it's all only explained after it happens. It's badly handled because the reader learns that no matter what happens or things seem to be foing there might be some unknown bullshit that determines the fight anyway, and while you claim that it's supposed to be a good way to deliver information what happens is that most readers and watchers will lose investment in the fight and call bullshit. It's just clumsy writing.

>it's never mentioned again and Isayama could have avoided it by making the Manlet just not hitting or something.
That move was essential to establish the shifters' resilience and make them a much more serious menace.

I don't particularly disagree with you, but I would also acknowledge that the plot point is meant to reiterate the Warriors' superior understanding of the titan powers relative to Eren's group, who are still a bunch of yokels fumbling around with a weapon they don't understand.

but reiner is the main protagonist

>It's explained after.
He survived first, in the very same chapter he was stabbed. It was the first time he was lethally stabbed. The ability was established there. You need to introduce it somehow and it's something only the enemy knows because they are elite titans unlike Eren.

If I follow your logic, any fight against a new/unknown enemy is any story ever is badly written shit with 0 tension.
>MC punches a new enemy, it does nothing because the enemy has superb endurance. No one told us about this : shit writing. It removes all tension to the story because any new enemy can get away from getting punched because they can asspull superior endurance out of their asses.
>MC goes to a dojo. Meets a master there. Gets wrecked because the master has a technique he's never seen. It removes any tension to the story because anyone can asspull a never seen technique out of their ass to survive.
>MC sneaks behind an enemy and kills him. It actually was not his target but a double. No rules in the story said this was possible. It removes any tension from the story because every single enemy he kills can potentially be a double, or any other similar asspull.
Congratulation, according to you any story with mysterious element is now badly written shit.

from chapter 115

why did he say this ? why would it be "bad" ?

Attached: New Canvas.png (849x806, 764K)

Last time Eren used the coordinate all the shifters in the vicinity felt it

oh okay, so their position would be known ? i didn't remember that

you aint seen plot armor yet
*wheeze*

Dumb speedreader.

I think what most people take issue with is that a titan power being the ability to shove your consciousness into your spine somehow seems sillier than all the other abilities that came before it. It's hard to explain why that feels more like a fanfiction-tier copout compared to say, Annie becoming a crystal, but I would guess it's because it's a step further and you feel that Reiner really should have just died from that.
Reiner is my favorite character but people need to stop pretending that SnK doesn't have people escaping death for the sake of drama all the time, the series thrives on the melodrama that any war story has.

>MC punches a new enemy, it does nothing because the enemy has superb endurance. No one told us about this : shit writing
No, because this isn't a new enemy, MC has punched this enemy before and knows about the super endurance. And just when you think the MC won by punching his head off he grows a new head. The previous fights with Reiner and the shifters set some expectations, and how you subvert them depends on writing. Most people don't think suddenly pushing your brain into your ass was a well written outcome.

Mikasa e su kasa

Attached: 1486276133450.png (278x259, 63K)

And this is his stage two kek

Attached: an hero.jpg (511x801, 79K)

He is called plotarmor titan for a reason