Fruits Basket

Tohru has always come across as really genuine and sweet, but in episode 6 she cranked up the saintly, saccharine act so high that she came across as fake.

Attached: Tohru.png (1366x768, 1.25M)

It's annoying at times. I hope she'll fuck some shit up later, even if involuntarily.

You are watching a show for little girls. This is what a self-insert for little girls looks like.

Tohru is just extremely mentally/emotionally damaged, it's an act in that she forces herself to act like a saint due to how worthless she feels.
It's not well done, but it's mean to come off as annoying.

What the fuck!
MOOT!

Attached: 2019-05-11_062058.png (880x379, 82K)

>it's mean to come off as annoying.
Is it? Everyone around her acts so fascinated by her holier-than-thou attitude. Not saying they should be irritated, Tohru is such a nice girl. I'm just waiting for the moment when she does something wrong or morally questionable.
Also, as I understand it, don't almost all characters have psychological traumas they silently deal with?
Most shoujo heroines are clumsy and have no outstanding qualityes to make the self-inserting easier. Tohru kinds of breaks the stereotype, and in addition she looks beautiful (might be the long hair, I don't know. I find her above average).

I'm here for the boys anyway.

Breaks my ass. You haven't read shoujo manga in your life. 'Clumsy', 'air-headed' and 'eats too much' are not real character traits.
She's just another Mary Sue who is given superficial 'traits' to make it look like as if she wasn't a perfect character (even though she is).
Next you'll be telling me that Onii-sama from Mahouka wasn't a Gary Stu.

I want to FUCK uo-chan and hana-chan

I get what you mean. She is almost kind of too perfect, at times. Then again, girls really seem to like characters like this. And it does make her a good foil to all of the ridiculously flawed people around her.

Then what are character traits to you?

It's a coping mechanism. She's had a tough life, and that has its impacts. This get explored later on.

I take issue with whoever thinks yuki was unable to see tohru in a romantic light.

>I'm here for the boys anyway.
this

>don't almost all characters have psychological traumas they silently deal with?

I don't remember the exact article but there was a very bizarre writeup about manga culture in Time magazine back in 2006-2007ish that called Fruits Basket a "psychological thriller"

Oh wow I guess if I get traumatically raped or get a crippling bullet wound I too can become a shojo protagonist

Tohru a cute.

Attached: 1554687904574.jpg (600x640, 74K)

Of course

She's an idiot. She's literally too dumb to know any better.

Because she is faking it. She's literally putting on an act so people don't hate or ignore because her mother forgot about her after her father died. It's all a ploy. This is touched upon but not until way later.

Man how fucked up is the world if we find genuinely kind people as annoying

>her mother forgot about her after her father died
What?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.10.55_[2019.05.11_21.21.19]05.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

This series came out at the time when humanity still had faith.
The series isn't the thing that change but we are, I mean more degenerate

Her mom had Tohru when she was like 16, Tohru's dad was a decent guy but Kyoko was emotionally dependent on him for basically everything. Once he died, she collapsed and forgot to take care of Tohru due to being constantly depressed and unmotivated.
There's a lot more to mention but that's the gist of it.

Attached: cute onigiri.webm (800x450, 97K)

Tohru comes across as perfect and saintly because the Sohmas are literally inbreed retards, but she's not really a saint but a normal girl with issues, and instead of being a pathetic depressed cunt all of the time she tries to move on the best she can.

Sorry, user. That's not how I mean to come across. Being kind is good, but I also believe in being honest with your feelings, and "teehee I'm a 16 year old orphan but I'm not unhappy about that at all it would be a sin to feel any kind of bitterness over that" feels pretty bullshitty to me

Attached: Pokemon heroine.jpg (850x999, 149K)

>teehee I'm a 16 year old orphan but I'm not unhappy about that at all it would be a sin to feel any kind of bitterness over that
>I'm not unhappy about that at all it would be a sin to feel any kind of bitterness over that

Literally missed the point, do you watch your anime at 2x speed?

But Thoru flashbacks are all about how caring her mother was. Does she have fake memories implanted?

tohru is a poor, unfortunate heroine!

She was very young and lost basically the only person who gave her any emotional support at all. People can change, user. Kyoko moved on, became a hard-working and responsible mom.

Attached: fruit v16 p063.jpg (6146x4600, 2.62M)

Your mom's a poor, unfortunate heroine

Attached: 1557308750904.png (457x632, 271K)

What is this thing, Yea Forums?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.21.14_[2019.05.11_21.29.22]14.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Its like medieval social media