Re:zero

Ready for season 2?
youtu.be/_vzlO4yvHVk

Attached: satella3435666.jpg (848x1200, 628K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HdQCWXh3XXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When's it airing?

Attached: 1462393524450.png (1024x768, 578K)

Attached: 1493220697905.jpg (1000x604, 93K)

Moblia a shit

Attached: 00FC43B0-FDF9-43E2-A76E-440FCF5E354A.jpg (1254x1771, 298K)

Can't wait to drink salty Remfag tears

Attached: 1554100085448.png (552x688, 358K)

who?

Salty about what? The anime and Kadokawa editors shat all over Re:Zero?

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1557202564025.png (565x481, 491K)

Of course I fucking know, anyone who follows the series would know instead of being a stupid anime only who only gets a watered down censored product

>censored
Yeah it’s seriously censored. No more Petra’s innards strewn across the table dresses up as a meal, no more Subaru eating himself because the witch of gluttony, I haven’t checked if the assrabbits are still in but that’s definitely going to be toned down if it’s in, I’m also pretty sure the loop where Elsa turns all the villagers into sirloin steaks is also gone, Subaru’s feelings for Rem was also definitely too obscene for the general public so that had to go too

If you want to see a salty Remfag there one right here.

I seriously cannot believe anyone would defend the LN/Anime cuts, I believe this so strongly when someone calls me some sort of delusional Remfag for a second I consider the fact that they may be right. So I go back and reread the LN or WN or whatever and I’m back to being a “delusional Remfag” as there is no way anyone could believe the butchered corporate product is the superior version.

Attached: D347E45B-5CBC-4AF1-9375-3CE5DA674F44.jpg (744x1044, 160K)

Attached: 1496906173880.jpg (480x321, 20K)

Just read the latest arc 5 chapter. Anyone else find it nigh impossible to comprehend what the fuck Priscilla and Lilliana are on about? Had to reread their lines multiple times to understand.

Also was just skimming though some late arc 4 stuff. Had completely forgotten that someone other than Roswal had ordered the attack on the mansion. He only asked for Beako to get merc'd, someone else sent Meili. Any theories on who ordered the hit? Another kingdom maybe?

>Any theories on who ordered the hit? Another kingdom maybe?
Could be just Roswaal again, sometimes when I get drunk and order pizza I order pizza twice without noticing until the second pizza shows up

I was also thinking it could be the council of wise men or whatever that are running the royal election. I doubt they want a half elf queen.

Well I was thinking whoever ordered the second hit was the same person who ordered the hit on the mansion during Arc 2, which was before(?) it was revealed that Emilia was a candidate.

Attached: D3lTfLaUwAAk14j.jpg (343x600, 45K)

No one actually defends the anime/LN cuts. It’s just shitposters trying to get (you)s

I'm pretty sure the council knew who the candidates were since before the series, although it wasn't public knowledge. They were aware, after all, of the search for the final candidate - implying awareness of the candidates found before her.

Did she woke up already?

Nope not yet, she did come back as a blue force ghost to yell at Subaru for a bit though

The show is really terrible and the only good thing about it is the two waifus.
They should skip all of the plot bullshit and just straight up make season 2 into an ecchi series where Rem's tits pop out every five minutes

Okay mister room temp IQ

Yeah, maybe they wanted Emilia assassinated before they found the 5th candidate and had to start advertising a half elf as a future ruler. Makes sense.

Attached: 60088351_p4.jpg (961x1500, 900K)

>he doesn't know

Attached: rem.jpg (1280x643, 89K)

wtf my IQ is not 20 you bastard

Attached: 69795931_p0.jpg (2244x1890, 3.46M)

The issue with these theories is that Emilia wasn't targeted by Meili in arc 2, and she wasn't even present at the mansion in arc 4. Even in Oboreru, where Roswaal shuts down and Subaru leaves the mansion during arc 2, Emilia is left undisturbed.

My money is on Al being behind it, and that Rem was the target. It would explain why he's so shocked and frustrated that both of the sisters alive in arc 3.

Wow, first time I've gotten 3 (you)'s in one comment lol. Know what chapter in arc 3 has that Al reaction by chance? Seems like a good theory.

Here's the scene in the manga.

Attached: 35.jpg (728x1042, 158K)

Attached: 36.jpg (728x1042, 176K)

Attached: 37.jpg (728x1041, 168K)

Oh man, that's hella suspicious. So, I guess this means he was involved in the destruction of the oni's? Maybe it was Ram who got his arm. I just picked up where the anime left off pretty much so I'm not sure but didn't he claim to lose it in a Colosseum fight or something? Ty for posting the scene

Too bad the manga is now an anime clone. God I hate this talentless fuck, I want the arc 2 mangaka to make arc 4 to
1. Make Echidna delicious
2. Make Elsa plump and fuckable (you should see the mangaka's Elsa, absolute sex)

>So, I guess this means he was involved in the destruction of the oni's?
He only specifically wants Rem dead probably because she was given the ability to smell the witch and suspiciously is involved with every awakening of Subaru's authorities

The destruction of the Oni's I think was related to giving Rem that ability as the Witch Cult's gospel's are incomplete copies and only give vague directions instead of Roswaal's which is accurate to a T. Capella, the Archbishop of Lust was told to find blue eyed onis and pour some weird shit down their ears. It probably didn't say anything about destroying the villages, the Witch Cult probably did that because that's how they roll.

Wait a minute, maybe Al retains memories whenever Subaru returns by death too. If he got confirmation from Meili that Rem/a roswal maid was successfully cursed and killed in that one loop and remembers that. Then the second time he tells Meili to visually confirm all of roswals maids are killed. That's why Petra and Frederica get killed too. Now he's onto the fact that Subaru has a similar power.

nah he doesn't, even when his own ability loops the opponent instead he doesn't remember the hundreds if not thousands of loops they went through before they gave up/mentally broke

He's most likely is or has the Pride Archbishop or the Authority of Pride. His name also fits the motif of Archbishops as they are named after big name stars in constellations, "Al"debaran is known as the bulls eye in Taurus
The previous Pride archbishop, Stride Vollachia, was operating in the country of Vollachia where Aldebaran originally lived. Priscilla also has a fire sword which seems to belong to Vollachian royalty. It might as well be practically confirmed at this point

It's likely that he was somehow involved (he apparently knew one of the former archbishops), but I doubt he was actually there.

See, there's another fairly prominent theory that the witch cult did *something* to Rem during the attack on the oni village. In the Rem IF, there's this third oni survivor introduced, who is able to smell the witch on Subaru because she was experimented on by Capella. This, of course, raises questions such as, "why Rem is able to smell the witch when Ram can't?" My thoughts are, if I'm right and Al really did try to get rid of Rem (who he finds "sickening"), this has something to do with it.

Another interesting tidbit is that Meili is on Subaru's side now, and Rem will presumably return to her memory at the end of arc 6... and according to Tappei, Al will be a central character in arc 7. Interesting stuff...

Yes. Re Zero is unironically the absolute best Isekai series there is, no doubt.
youtube.com/watch?v=HdQCWXh3XXU
I just hope we will get more emotional OSTs and tragedy

Attached: On_Your_Mark_04_1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

>I just hope we will get more emotional OSTs and tragedy
nope instead we get the most heroic and magnificent heroine of all Isekai series, Emilia

she is the kindest, purest, gentlest heroinest who will always support you

I hope we see her tortured and raped in front of Subaru, but I won't get my hopes up.

Man, I'm hyped for Arc 7 now. Wish he'd update the WN faster

With a name like that I guess the trick to beating him is not falling within his gaze

Anyone have theories on why Al wears the helmet? Is there any chance his identity would give something away to the reader, and if not, why wear the mask

>6
Well, if you read the spoiler ed text here then I assume he wears the helmet to disguise some kind of hideous eye mutation that effects his power

>Is there any chance his identity would give something away to the reader?
Yes, Tappei is on the record saying that he wouldn't hide his face if it wasn't important, and that he intends for Al's face reveal to be a big shocker. He also said that revealing Al's identity would be one of the three biggest spoilers possible for the story.

>and that he intends for Al's face reveal to be a big shocker. He also said that revealing Al's identity would be one of the three biggest spoilers possible for the story.
>it's another Subaru under the mask
lame

I do remember that a picture of his face existed as it was from the Anime's animation team, I don't think I saved it but it was posted here

this is just a animator's resource so it's probably not canon though

Attached: 1551122849628.jpg (1024x580, 104K)

Oh shit, are we talking about Al now? I just got done reading through the latest Al sidestory, and there's a brief description of how the power looks from his perspective. The space around him distorts like it's being twisted off.

What are you referring to as, "the latest?" Are you talking about Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies? Or The Day I Gave Up Being a Following Star?

nani the fuck are you talking about nigga

>After Subaru disappeared his parents had anther kid - Al
>He got isekaid further back in time than Subaru

There are 4(I think?) side stories where Al is a POV character. The most recently released one is PP&Z. The one that was most recently translated was TDIGUoBaFS. I was wondering which one he was talking about.

Having read the original and and all the Al sidestories, Al generally interacts amicably with Ram. There are hints in the text that Al stares uncomfortably long at Rem when she and Subaru visit, and he only gets pissed off when she denies that she's Ram and turns down the rest of Al's explanations as well.
>Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies?
That one. There are some lines I'd like to reread, but it's the first story in which we see any of the power from Al's perspective. Aside from the whole "twisting off" a portion of space, he uses it to fight a horde of zombies and the assassin meido, who he says he won't let kill Priscilla again. Which confuses her, of course.

>Al generally interacts amicably with Ram.
Yeah, I forgot to mention this. It's Rem that he has a problem with, no doubt about it.
>It's the first story in which we see any of the power from Al's perspective.
Fascinating. Of course, the "twisting off" of space is no surprise at all; unlike Subaru's authority, which reverses the entire time-stream, Al's authority only affects a designated area. I had already surmised that it involved isolating the "territory" from the rest of the world. I'd love to hear more about it from you, though.

Oh shit, Alderbaran - Bulls eye - Sees everything in red - thinks Rem is Ram because he sees her hair as red

>Fascinating. Of course, the "twisting off" of space is no surprise at all; unlike Subaru's authority, which reverses the entire time-stream, Al's authority only affects a designated area. I had already surmised that it involved isolating the "territory" from the rest of the world. I'd love to hear more about it from you, though.
Well, what I recall of the description, the space visually distorts to Al. He can see it being twisted off, and the scene is later described as like looking at the world as if reflected on the surface of a bubble. In certain parts of the story, Al rambles on about what his chances are in a fight estimating what the odds are if he fights a hundred to one vs if he fights one to one a hundred times and finding both to be unlikely, before using his power a second time.

The first time he just called out "Zone Deployment", or "territory" as it seems everyone else calls it. Second time, when faced with hundreds of zombies, it's "Zone Deployment, Thought Experiment Start". During the confrontation with the meido, after she replies she hasn't killed Priscilla once yet, he replies with, "That's right, huh. To make certain of that, I will pluck the sprouts of the uncertain entirely."

>before using his power a second time.
Also, should note, he does it with a very "Fuck it, I'm a man. I'll find a way through no matter the odds" attitude

Anyhow, my current theory is that Al can more or less tear off a piece of space and run through, and experience, all possible outcomes/choices for the scenario contained within his "Zone", before selecting one. The more shit that's going on in the Zone, and the less his chances for success are, the more possibilities he'll have to filter through and account for before finding a victory condition, but he can very much use it against a horde of enemies if he must.

>The space visually distorts to Al. He can see it being twisted off, and the scene is later described as like looking at the world as if reflected on the surface of a bubble.
It's sort of weird that Leip didn't experience anything like this when he was the "victim." Perhaps the Al in the bubble, regardless of whether he's the "victim" or the "oppressor," is just a simulation? And the real Al views the whole thing from the outside? That wouldn't really make sense in the case with Capella, though.
>Second time, when faced with hundreds of zombies, it's "Zone Deployment, Thought Experiment Start."
So do you get the impression that the space he creates, and the events that take place within, aren't real?

Also, is there anything on the previously mentioned conditions of his powers’ activation? Previously, I had theorized that they were something along the lines of:

1. The odds must be against him.
2. The territory must be enclosed. (As he “twists off” space, perhaps he needs to work within physical barriers, which is why he became afraid when Capella started wrecking the sewers.)
3. There may only be two individuals in the territory. (Since his power apparently selects an “oppressor" who is unwittingly looped, and a “victim" who remembers the reversal, it wouldn't work if there were a third party in the dynamic. I thought that perhaps this was why he was unable to use it against Leip’s knight, because there were bystanders. I figured this was also why he had Schult leave Leip’s office.)

However, if Priscilla being murdered was really reversed by his power, and if he was really able to use it outside against a horde of weak enemies, that would mean that every one of my guesses so far were off. So I’m definitely interested in the circumstances of each use, in order to reevaluate the trends.

Post it

I've only read the fight against Capella so I might be off. But it seemed to me that he sets an arena within his field of view. He gets designated as the bull and his opponents are matadors. Whenever the bull dies it resets to the start of the match. He can only lose if the matador escapes his arena so in Capellas case he'd lose if the arena broke apart and she flew up and out of it. Once the matador has escaped he can't rechallenge them by setting another arena so he's vulnerable to death. So he escaped into the water. So I think he does physically experience every scenario and dies an resets the match or maybe it auto resets the match when he should have taken a fatal blow because he's too proud to lose.

>It's sort of weird that Leip didn't experience anything like this when he was the "victim."
I think it may just be that Al can sense his own power at work. Not everyone could see the Unseen Hands, but Pete could. I don't think that it's purely a simulation. Al is clearly able to end the repeats after he's accomplished his goal, and the goal remains accomplished, no matter how difficult it would be to perfectly repeat. I think that in the end, he can choose the route he wants to make real after the Zone breaks down, and this is what everyone else sees in the end.
>1. The odds must be against him.
I think this is just a matter of the power being utterly pointless otherwise. If Al knew he was gonna win, why the fuck would he bother?
>2. The territory must be enclosed.
I think this is a matter of practicality, It's easier to control the space and keep things simple if it's enclosed. I mean, what happens if a dude just walks out of his Zone, or pushes Al out of it? I don't think his power can stop that.
>3. There may only be two individuals in the territory.
He'd have to be doing some fucked up shit to fight a zombie horde that way, as it's hard to get them one on one, so I'm pretty sure Al has a choice who's looped.

>getting baited this hard
truly low iq

In the first sidestory in which he uses his power, we see that Al can also make other people loop. However, most of the time it's just Al who loops.
>However, if Priscilla being murdered was really reversed by his power,
It actually makes me wonder when he activated his power in that case. When Yae, the meido, approaches Priscilla's room, Al is already waiting for her. When she tries to kill him with a kunai, he's already got a block of wood in his shirt. That sounds to me like Al already somehow had his Zone active near Priscilla's room from the start, or his power is more flexible than I'd thought.

I could see that, but we shouldn't really pull matadors into this as Regulus was more about the Lion's heart than the lion itself (Regulus is the heart of Leo). I'm thinking that Al is going to especially focus on the "eye" part rather than the bull.
Honestly it may just be that the Authority activates with whom he can see. Since it's most likely Pride, I'm guessing that it works like this. The authority can manifest in two ways, a time loop in which Al retains the knowledge or a timeloop in which Al retains no knowledge. This might be dependent on the actual strength of an enemy judged by Al, if he thinks he's outmatched to the opponent he will loop without knowledge, this act would break them down until they give up. If he thinks he's stronger, he will loop with knowledge as it would be unacceptable for someone of a higher position to fall to someone of a lower one.

Watching the first season right now! It’s a fucked up show but it has some sweet characters

All the sins seem to have a couple effects. Maybe his Pride refuses to let her die so when she does die time auto rewinds to a point he can save her. Where these stories at anyway. I just started reading one called Priscilla cheers for me

It's in Japanese, sadly. Was Priscilla Cheers for Me translated?

I think Al chooses who gets looped. So far, 3/4 times he's been the one who retains memories. Now, the truly odd question is, how does he know Ram? He's clearly in denial about Rem's identity, but he's downright familiar with Ram. What's more, Al's conversations with Subaru and others reveal a strong bias against heroes. He practically preaches knowing your limits, as I'd expect from a Bishop of Pride, but where did this anti hero behavior come from? Why does he sound so bitter about it?

I suspect Al has used his power on a much larger scale before, and during his first run of Re:Zero he tried to be a hero. As such, Al can recognize certain key characters in the upcoming cataclysm and can read the signs. But that's just a theory.

part 1 is at least, found it in the side stories section on witchculttranslations.

What the hell, I'd never heard before that Priscilla is married to a fat old man

Don't worry. Al mindbroke him.

Oh, and he also makes out with is wife.

Attached: p238.jpg (1441x2048, 975K)

Al doesn't choose. He comes out and says that he would have preferred that it went the other way with Capella.

Then that's pretty odd. It's almost never the way around, and I doubt Capella would be easy to mindbreak when she could just fuck off.

What do you mean? If the opponent has an immortal body, attacking the mind is ideal.

The mindbreak works because Leip couldn't take the strain of killing and resetting, and then being killed and reset. Al wouldn't be able to force Capella to experience death. He'd confuse her right up until she decided to just fuck off.

Did the warlock of vainglory only ever make that one appearance in arc 4 when he rekt roswal?

Sorrow/Melancholy, not Vainglory. He never shows up again. Yet.

What’s her endgame?

Attached: 33A45E8F-115C-4CCF-B400-78F104E0FCBB.png (357x589, 203K)

She's Pandora. Her role is to unleash evil on the world.

Vainglory is being extremely prideful of ones achievement's, it could be referred to as vanity as well, it could be referring to empty achievements as well

be a sexy loli

final boss

Attached: 51839.png (725x1249, 1.24M)

Reminder that Satella is literally in a box.

I'd love some IF stories of Subaru joining the other camps day 1. Like going to Reinhards house and becoming team Felt. Being save by Julius, Al (well, Priscilla herself more likely) or Wilhelm day 1. Could be fun.

It wouldn't happen because Subaru will always be be drawn to Sate-*cough* Emilia.
The author did talk about some hypothetical situations, though. If he joins Emilia, then Elsa is the first boss. If he joins Crusch, then the White Whale is the first boss. If he joins Priscilla, then Al is the first boss. If he joins Felt, then it's a really boring story.

>If he joins Priscilla, then Al is the first boss.
when was this?

It's from one of his many Twitter Q&A sessions. If this thread is still up in a couple of hours, I'll make a point of finding it for you later.

Attached: D5zKx1wUYAEkZC-.jpg large.jpg (986x1462, 143K)

>sexy loli final boss
>loli daughter-sister
>unconditionally loving oni girl
I want what Subaru has.

>beeing so insecure about your waifu that you have to remind yourself why you like her
fuck dude pls just off yourself

FUCK YEA!

Is Emilia important in the next season?

Net season focuses heavily on Emilia and Subaru, learn lots about their back stories

Then I won't be in the threads on Yea Forums because they will be unbearable with waifufags seething.

I'm ready for Subaru to get fucked up by rabbits

Have you ever held a position for so long and so strong and you encounter a position completely opposite of yours and you cannot even comprehend how he arrived at his position and his version of the facts?

>remind yourself why you like her
That’s not what I had to reread for but okay.

Q: Previously, you said that if Crusch’s route is entered, then the first battle will be against the White Whale. But then, what kind of perspective would we have in the case of Priscilla, Anastasia, or Reinhard’s route?

A: Priscilla’s route would be a battle with Al, Anastasia’s route would be the manservant ending. Reinhard’s route would be a situation of the exceedingly strong ally in shitty videogames.

>focuses on Emilia
the reality is that she sits in a bed for 75% of the arc and her backstory is actually the backstories of Juice and Fortuna.

the title of the arc is the "eternal contract" and it's actually more about Beatrice and Roswaal's backstories and not Emilia's.

thanks

Attached: 7682C69E-FFB2-4B18-83E2-7037A22F44EC.jpg (670x1199, 224K)

Attached: D5dJU6cWsAAGt3I.jpg large.jpg (710x710, 87K)