There are people posting on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who have yet to watch 0079

>there are people posting on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who have yet to watch 0079
Why is this allowed?

Attached: lalah.jpg (960x720, 111K)

This girl looks similar to my wife.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-01-25-13h03m41s233.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

Aged like raw milk

>implying
it's still just as poignant as ever

literally who?

My wife.

Attached: mywife.jpg (350x208, 14K)

I've seen it, and the soundtrack is legit terrible apart from a couple insert songs. A shame, because the worldbuilding is decent.

The first series was really solid but Lalah and the spacenoid autismagic she heralded were pretty much the worst

Lala doesn't deserve Char.

First Gundam was pretty great until they introduced the ESP crap.
Zeta was awful.
Double Zeta was dropped.

>Not liking one of the grooves that OSTs of all time

What is wrong with you?

don't talk about my mother that way

Char didn't deserve Lalah!!!!!!!

Attached: [EG]Mobile_Suit_Gundam_19_BD_V2(720p_10bit)[4C303274][00:22:52]001.png (960x720, 794K)

>the ESP crap.
U just gotta empathize bro.

Attached: tomino.jpg (751x554, 243K)

I finished the first Gundam recently
>expect real robot and hard sci-fi
>get super robot-tier "one robot versus an entire army" and fucking psychics
I liked it even though it took an unexpected turn when they got back into space.
A Cosmic Glow is one of my favourite anime episodes ever.

Attached: Gundam 0079 Fanservice.webm (640x480, 2.66M)

Do the movies count?

Best antagonist in the whole Gundam universe.

Attached: Gihren Zabi.jpg (500x264, 102K)

How can you blame anyone for not watching gundam? It becomes real obvious real quick that almost every gundam series or movie is just another heavy handed rehash of concepts that have been gone over again and again throughout the franchise.

Post kino moments

Attached: [EG]Mobile_Suit_Gundam_20_BD_V2(720p_10bit)[BC3238C6][00:17:54]001.png (960x720, 922K)

Go fuck yourself, mate.
SEED (and SEED Destiny to a lesser extent) was an anime masterpiece.

ramba ral was better

>Europe in 2050

>actually shills SEED
Oh my god can someone help this poor retard?

Attached: x1.png (1889x2800, 849K)

After watching the 79 and Zeta, I decided to watch SEED because I wanted to try a more contemporary Gundam series & I'm really enjoying it.

Attached: [TenB] Gundam Seed - 40 [1280x720 Hi10P BD FLAC][79664435][00:22:52]001.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

He had one good introductory line and that was it.
He's also the main NTR person in all the Gundam Build Fighters doujins. I fucking hate him now.

SEED was legit good. I'm willing to accept that Destiny went a bit off the rails.

heh

Attached: 1-2.png (755x1187, 322K)

Attached: 2-2.png (750x1193, 289K)

It wasn´t bad. Never watched Destiny because everyone shitting about it turned me down.

Attached: 1556430635101.jpg (1172x968, 662K)

I'd really love a gundam series that focused on mech tactics and low level fighting instead of all these series that are just masterbatory circle jerks over the 13 year old magical boy new type who comes in and saves humanity by piloting his deus-ex mecha, but I'm doomed to forever be dissapointed by these unimaginative retreads of the same shit every time

Go watch 08th MS Team.

Attached: [OZC]Mobile Suit Gundam - The 08th MS Team Blu-ray Box E02 'Gundams in the Jungle' [720p]. (960x720, 125K)

I have, it's pretty fun, I'm just sick of the same shit over and over with the rest of them

I liked zeta more

Looks like shit

>08th MS Team
You mean the shitty romeo and juliet story that completely fucks the entire development timeline of the OYW and deploys weapons stronger than anything seen until UC0093 on top of retarded sequences like Shiro dodging hyper rifle bullets fired by a Zaku at point blank range?

The last 13 episodes are one hell of a ride. If you haven't, I really recommend watching the third compilation movie (Encounters in Space). The first two are meh and really inferior to the tv series, but this one is a fucking masterpiece and really elevates those last episodes to an entirely new level with the few changes and additions it has and with how incredibly directed it is. You'll see this movie amongst top 10 all time favorites lists of many old school directors and animators.

I'm not saying that it's without faults in the greater scheme but if someone is after 'mech tactics and low level fighting' I don't think any other entry comes close besides perhaps some early parts of 0083.

Attached: 1465620162871.gif (500x375, 982K)

I found Gihren's unrestrained sociopathy kind of boring, but the way each Zabi had their own morality was great. I really liked Dozle.

0079's characters were very human and that was probably its strongest point.

so why'd shiro go after some zeek thot he met once when he could of easily had best girl?

Attached: kiki.jpg (300x290, 27K)

yeah gihren was literally just space hitler
degwin was more interesting and I did not expect him to be so affected by garma's death

>kiki
feddies are truly scum.

Attached: 1454461443416.jpg (1530x1215, 851K)

Because best girl losing is a staple of UC Gundam. From 0079 to Turn A.

i hope you're not implying Fraw is the best girl of 79

Attached: 1535305630504.png (638x515, 394K)

Exactly. I thought Degwin's character was gonna be about as deep as Emperor Palpatine but by the end he's so distraught he's ready to go to peace talks and call the whole fucking thing off. It was also great to see how much Kycilla loved her father--no revenge served cold for her.

This. 08th MS Team is probably the last time I ever had genuine fun with a Gundam series. It was so very far removed from the usual tween fantasy bullshit and it was glorious.

Now if we could just get Gundam WW1 or WW2 or something instead of more weeaboo wish fulfillment...

I've been putting off the movie recaps because I heard they're inferior to the TV series.
Having watched the TV series, can I just watch the third movie without watching the first or second? I'm aware they're recaps but I've heard there's been changes to make the mecha aspect more realistic and less cartoony.

Attached: Gundam 0079 chewing loli.webm (640x480, 390K)

I don't know how First Gundam fell out of Required Reading status. Didn't matter if you liked it or not; no weeb worth a damn took anyone seriously if they hadn't seen at least 0079.

UC is garbage.

>It was so very far removed from the usual tween fantasy bullshit and it was glorious.
>literal Romeo and Juliet storyline
>fighting mobile suits on foot and not getting instantly wrecked
>generic incest-obsessed antagonist

08thfags are fucking retarded.

>I've been putting off the movie recaps because I heard they're inferior to the TV series
That's definitely true for the first two movies as they skip a shit ton of stuff and give you a very abridged version of the story, and you end up with a straight up worse retelling (especially the second one, if you haven't watched the series you barely have any idea of what's going on since it's the shortest of the three and yet has the most episodes crammed in). But the third movie is the longest of the three despite covering the least amount of episodes. It's very well paced, gripping all the way through, and is honestly a hallmark in the history of japanese animation.
>Having watched the TV series, can I just watch the third movie without watching the first or second?
Yes, definitely. The only thing you need to know is that there is no G-Bull and G-Fighter since those were shoehorned in by the executives. Sayla pilots the Core Booster instead (a much better designed version of the G-Fighter). And make sure to watch the one with the original 1982 2.0 audio, the 2000 5.1 audio version replaces the iconic sound effects with stock ones, cuts out the music from a very iconic scene, and revoices the movie with worse performances (Sayla's seiyuu had throat cancer and was close to death for example).
Enjoy it, the way A Cosmic Glow was redone is astonishing and is Tomino at his best, and its version of the final scene (the one where Amuro drifts towards the White Base crew) is still legendary to this day.
I'll say no more, this movie is a fucking masterpiece.

I read Origin. It was much better than what little I've seen of '79.

Attached: I don't even like watermelons.gif (490x444, 3.39M)

Probably anime became more and more casual and new viewers didn't like old animation and only settled for post 2005 stuff or something.

Reminder that there is literally no difference between these characters but the mongoloid Tomino cocksuckers will disagree.

Attached: 1535766237464.png (660x412, 474K)

Because you touch yourself

>fighting mobile suits on foot and not getting instantly wrecked
Not that uncommon.

>Origin
It's not even canon.

Attached: 1488486908612.jpg (640x480, 25K)

>pic related

Attached: RWBYng it in.gif (500x281, 746K)

>Origin
It's not even good.

Attached: 21412893740.png (704x512, 327K)

Not him, but I'll stop you right here. The Origin OVA may be mediocre, but that's mostly because it's flashbacks taken out of context with none of the main story beats and themes that they're supposed to compliment and flesh out and because of the rather questionable directing and tone they went for in a lot of scenes. The Origin manga on the other is legitimately fantastic and is a must read. Hell, even Anno wrote an essay where he harps out about how good it is.

Yeah, she deserves a better non-pedo man like Amuro

no u

Yeah, 0079 had an episode where ordinary dudes jumped the Gundam with plastic explosives and if they weren't too poor to buy detonators would have completely destroyed it. It didn't make any sense, but it happened

Tfw no Lalah gf

Sauce

Master Asia, Domon, Garrod, anyone else?

Haman, pls

This. It's unbelievable. The only thing today's "otaku" preach is NGE and "just watch this season's x"

Shit taste
Flat naziboo

But it's bad. Even worse than 0083

user, I might not like 8th MS tjat much but aside from Destiny there is nothing worse than the last 5 episodes of 0083. Nothing is worse than seeing what could have been a good or even great show being squandered and shat on in every possible way. Hell, even Burning saw the script and tried to warn everyone of the horror that is to come but got killed by the showrunners because of that.

0083 and 8th MS Team are the only non-garbage UC shows, though.

Don't make me laugh

>He thinks those shitty OVAs are representative of tha masterpiece that is The Origin manga

>gf
u mean mommy?

It's true, the best Gundams are all alternative timelines.

seed is actually good though

Attached: [TenB] Gundam Seed - 40 [1280x720 Hi10P BD FLAC][79664435][00:16:12]001.png (1280x720, 753K)

meant for

t. blind zoomer

SHA SHA SHA

No, mommy is Nanai from CCA

BS. I watched it and barely made a over the first half of the show. They did everything 0079 did, and they made it worse

Finally someone who gets it.

The only reason one may watch the third movie if they already had watched the TV series is for more handsome maskless Char. Everything else the TV series handles better

Im currently watching it, its pretty decent.

Watch more Gundam.

Too bad there is almost no hentai with Nanai and with Lalah.

>tfw no mommy treesome with Lalah, Nanai and Haman

How can one zoomer have such shit taste?

Attached: BrightBurger.png (333x333, 108K)

There was an instance of it in UC gundam where the MC and a few other dudes did it (I believe only MC lived)

>Lalah, Nanai and Quess
This would be foursome

>char has a fivesome with Lalah, Haman, Quess and Nanai
This man had it all

>until they introduced the ESP crap
I hope one day you will be able to free your soul from being weighed down by gravity

Sixsome with Lalah, Haman, Nanai, Quess and Reccoa.

Are we going to include all women that were in some kind of relationship with him? This is going to become a crowd.

I think we should exclude Haman, Quess and Reccoa.

**elevensome with lalah haman nanai quess reccoa garma amuro bright kamille judau

>did everything 0079
they actually didn't, parts of it was definitely homage, but it had more than that.

Sorry user. Too busy being a ZetaChad

Attached: IMG_1218.jpg (326x323, 15K)

A kino moment in 79 is when the crew tells Amuro to eat a lot since he's a pilot and all, so he goes into the cafeteria and eats in front of an old man. Only, food is scarce for civilian and Amuro witness an old man stealing food from a kid's plate.
He then offers his meal to the kid and his mom before going back to whatever he was doing.
He meets Frau Bow halfway out of the cafeteria and she scolds him for not eating a lot
Amuro just says "Then don't make me eat in such a place !"
kino

They also had a Dougram homage

I finished 08th MS team a couple of weeks ago, it was garbage.

Attached: [OZC]Mobile Suit Gundam - The 08th MS Team Blu-ray Box E08 'Duty and Ideals' [720p].mkv_sn (960x720, 761K)

fuck off scirocco

Attached: 640.gif (600x434, 2.97M)

Attached: 1531272052867.png (600x450, 492K)

Masterful

Tomino's directing is autistic

0079 is peak Tomino

>Zeta was awful.
Excuse you

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-27-14h02m39s581.png (1440x1080, 718K)

>kino
Hamon and Ramba Ral's entire existence

And Zeta is the most autistic of them all.

Attached: v428.png (1492x1080, 1.18M)

>watching any gundam series that's not 00 season 1 or MSG Thunderbolt
do yourself a favor and skip all the other gundam series
they did not age very well at all

You should also watch CCA since that is peak Gundam.

Attached: [EG]Char's_Counterattack_BD(1080p_10bit)[23C71E13].mkv_snapshot_00.44.16_[2018.11.27_21.38.43]. (1830x988, 285K)

Char is like a communist hero

Kai's the best character. Not much else needs to be said really.

Attached: 1450888026677.jpg (500x333, 36K)

you have to get through the slog of 0079 and zeta though and that's like 100~ episodes with each around 25 minutes
unless someone's into old animation AND mecha with a shitload of time to waste, barely anyone is gonna watch that many episodes to reach the payoff that is CCA

A lot of people don't have ADD and don't have issues with long shows.

You can drop the "like".

Attached: Sazabi commie.png (392x528, 192K)

>unless
>barely anyone
That's where you're wrong, kiddo

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-26-02h01m54s199.png (1440x1080, 1.18M)

>implying I will ever watch your turbo cringy mecha shit for retards

Yet you saw a thread about it and came here to shitpost about not seeing it because you are above it.

Attached: you.webm (854x480, 603K)

He only wants people to stop polluting Earth and Spacenoid independence, he's not really a commie

He is a literal commie.

>A lot of people don't have ADD
that's hard to believe in an age of instant gratification from smartphones and the internet
doesn't help that everything has moved away from mecha now and are hopping on the isekai trend with self-insert MCs
your average anime watcher isn't going to drop that much time into a niche genre with the promise that "it gets good late onr" anymore, hence why i don't recommend CCA because there's a 100 episode prerequisite and it's not something that can be appreciated that well by itself

Isekai has literally nothing to do with the subject matter you lunatic and you're telling me that these shitters are willing to watch a new 24 episode show every season but somehow a 47 episode show is too much for them?

>niche genre
I doubt that.

You dont even need to watch ZZ to watch CCA. Amuro and Char aren't even in ZZ, so you literally miss nothing.

>char is not even in ZZ
Then what is this

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-07-00h03m12s415.png (1492x1080, 1.3M)

>wishes for society of total understanding of humans
Yeah.

why was he so removed in Zeta though?

>"it gets good late onr"
Gundam is already good at the first second of the moeagare song
>a niche genre
Seems you have started watching anime six months ago. Watch more anime.

A lie.

A painful lie.

Attached: Onda.jpg (1280x1565, 701K)

Bullshit, that's what it is.

But he's so pretty here

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-09-00h03m09s133.png (1492x1080, 1.19M)

WHY DIDN'T TOMINO JUST PUT CHAR IN ZZ WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!

Attached: 1535305630509.jpg (640x480, 137K)

Ratie from Vanguard

yeah, people are fucking picky about animation and characters these days, how do you think they're gonna fare against old animation that reuses scene often and whiny MCs and side characters?
barely anyone cares about mecha anime now, it's pretty much a niche genre these days
if you don't think so, you need to get more normie friends and see what they're interested in
hint: not mecha

I believe Tomino derailed his series on purpose, just to spite his capitalist overlords.

We need more Amuro

>normie

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-28-14h42m03s205.png (1440x1080, 1.22M)

CCA amuro is so handsome

Attached: 1280.gif (800x429, 2.67M)

Back to your cave . Gundam is absolute trash, especially the ones made by the bald, demented hack.

As soon as CCA was greenlit by Sunrise, Tomino stopped giving a fuck about ZZ.

Attached: giphy (4).gif (320x240, 450K)

>you need to get more normie friends and see what they're interested in
Why would I do that? If I listened to whatever retarded shit people said I would look like you.
>it's pretty much a niche genre these days
I doubt that.

>It becomes real obvious real quick that almost every gundam series or movie is just another heavy handed rehash of concepts that have been gone over again and again throughout the franchise.
We're talking about the first one, dumbass.

Who are these people so easily triggered by Gundam?

Attached: blue judo.png (960x720, 738K)

People with nothing better to do.

Attached: 114881080.jpg (1088x790, 416K)

Shitposters, and they're not going to stop as long as retards like you keep falling for the bait.

>retards
Fuck off.

Attached: judaua will beat your ass.png (960x720, 676K)

you never really think about it today because of the whole "golden age of TV" shit, but back then television was really seen as cheap media.

it makes total sense for Tomino to want to go for a film rather than another TV series. it's too bad for us now, though.

Attached: 1347235055539.png (1488x1080, 1.45M)

>Not thinking Mecha is a nice genre

Dude, Mecha is notorious for being a niche genre.

maybe in the WEST.
definitely not in Japan though, are you crazy?

>mecha
>niche
You absolute fucking retard.

It's not that great. The main character acts like a different person every episode, the love interest angle is forced, and it's only real high point is the Gouf fight.
If anything, it should have been from the Zeon perspective.

Attached: thebest.jpg (300x319, 23K)

Today it's a niche genre.

this is just willful ignorance at this point, have fun with your echo chamber user

You just don't get protagonists like these anymore.

Attached: 1280.jpg (1100x1429, 511K)

There are less mecha shows made today than 20 years ago but it's still not a niche genre.

At least I'm not the retard saying that mecha is a niche genre on a fucking Gundam thread of all places.

It's a waste of time and completely not worth it. If someone is curious about Gundam they're better off watching the movie compilation of 0079 and Zeta, skip ZZ and then finish off with CCA. That should take about 14 hours. Can finish that all in a week as opposed to spending a month or more on the tv series.

>Can finish that all in a week as opposed to spending a month or more on the tv series.
You can finish the entire UC in a month by watching 3-4 hours worth of episodes a day.

Gundam is not your cheap shit seasonal anime that you can shitpost freely and spread lies like that. If one start early UC with the movie trilogy/Origin OVAs of course it will be shit and of course they will not enjoy. It's not meant to be watched like that.
If you want to know what's all about Gundam just watch a couple of episodes of the 1979 TV series, three episodes or just the first one. And that's it. If you don't like it, the best of what the mecha genre has to offer, then it's not for you.

What is a niche genre then?

Talking about the first one in a time where every gundam series is available and most of them follow the first ones plot but with better animation

Kamille and Amuro are so best. What if Judau had a personality? They would be like the holy trinity of protagonists.

Sports or whatever genre Utena and Revue Starlight are.

Yes, in case you didn't read the OP it's very clearly talking about 0079

Nobody with a life will want to waste all their free time on garbage like gundam for a whole damn month. It's not worth it one bit. The only reason to watch it is if you're actually like mecha anime a lot or simply curious what it's all about, and in the latter case it's simply better to just watch the abridged version. Not like you're missing out on much. The tv series are just pointlessly dragged out toy commercials.

When people like you show up I wonder if they realize that they're posting in an imageboard that was made to talk about anime and manga.

>plot with better animation
>plot
This is not what Gundam is about. MSG 0079 excels in worldbuilng, storytelling and story composition. See Origin being absolute trash with fucking same plot.

>toy commercial
Heyyy shitposter, long time no see

Amuro with droopy eyes is cute

Attached: 1460292070457.jpg (400x400, 42K)

I hope you're baiting. Origin OVAs are vastly superior to 79. You can watch it and quit there as the rest simply doesn't live up to the OVAs.
>and that's it. If you don't like it, the best of what the mecha genre has to offer, then it's not for you.
It's worst it has to offer and probably the main reason why everyone is turned off by the genre. They watch this garbage, their impression is ruined and then they have no desire to watch anything else.

>Origin OVAs are vastly superior to 79

Attached: [EG]Mobile_Suit_Gundam_10_BD(720p_10bit)[BE02DFEB] (00_19_35.883) 0001.jpg (960x720, 99K)

Get that trash out of my thread.

Attached: 1544528482469.jpg (1289x645, 112K)

Why is his name spelled "Judau" but pronounced "Judou"

>my thread

Attached: [EG]Mobile_Suit_Gundam_17_BD(720p_10bit)[9AB8B8E7][00:12:36]001.png (960x720, 801K)

This bait is so nice, user. Congrats. But the subject chosen screams zoomerhood so I can't give you A. Anyways
>turned off by the genre
Give me ONE real robot series better than Gundam I challenge you
>Origin OVAs are superior
If you enjoy ugly CGI there you go user

>zoomerhood
Stop that shit.

He's just French like Camille, stupid burger.

but kamille is british

Attached: 1556231428882.jpg (847x1200, 275K)

Hey, pssst.
Want to see something cursed?

Attached: 1532707231310.jpg (723x1000, 130K)

Define real robot first.
>If you enjoy ugly CGI there you go user
At least it has shading, LMAO

Attached: dde.jpg (960x540, 63K)

Google it

But I've already watched 009, the superior digit anime.
Not sure why I should waste time on some retarded vehicle for selling plastic toys to gay little doo doo babies tbqhwy...

Attached: 9784779631979.jpg (448x640, 69K)

whatever user, enjoy your fanfiction series.

He actually has the best development after Amuro

>superior digit anime
Doubtful considering you're desperate enough for replies to make such low quality bait.

Why did you stop?

Attached: 1531996509268.jpg (1000x1301, 757K)

Not even a lie though, but I'll take that one.
Go back to playing with your Robotrons and Mechazords though little boy, my animes are obviously a little too, hmm, cerebral for you.

Attached: 1516762443920.jpg (3840x2160, 1.44M)

>ends up replying anyways
Ironic since you're the one desperate enough to reply to anything just to keep the thread alive.

She was a woman who could've been a mother to me

Attached: 456898449.png (870x722, 461K)

She's actually my gf, bro

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-10-20h07m48s170.png (1440x1080, 1.18M)

You never had time to spend. You know each other for two days.

Yes, at a time when the entirely library of gundam stuff is available.

>the soundtrack is legit terrible

Attached: 1440619042980.gif (500x267, 1002K)