ITT

Shows whose season 2 is better than season 1.
Pic unrelated, I literally can't think of a single show that did this.

Attached: onepunchanimation-1280-1553119874788_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DflP5mBsivA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's common in live action stuff, but I don't think it's very often the case for anime. Most of the stuff I would consider a favorite is only one season

I gotta be honest
You had me in the first part

Yeah much better than season 1

Attached: 1557283710247.png (757x555, 280K)

Unironically most western shows where season 1 is a pilot season and the budget is up not down for season 2 (ex. GoT Breaking Bad, The Orville)

are you fucking kidding me,kek

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (392x450, 67K)

NUmber 1 ONE PUNCHHHHHHHH

Attached: parental advisory.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

>S3 is better
>Bangaichi is better
cope with it,Chirifags

Attached: heh.jpg (508x493, 35K)

Easy, Mob Psycho 100

No.
Next.

Ashita no Joe,K-on!!,Dragonball,

Comedy might be an exception in general. Without digging through an episode list I feel like I may have liked Konosuba's second season more
I assumed the OP was just talking about general drops in quality as shows continue

I'm really liking S2, thank god have no standards for anime

Attached: CanIGetUhhhh.jpg (184x184, 7K)

dont worry it will be fixed in the blu ray :)

t. chinese cartoon maker

No fucking way! You're an animator?

Attached: CascaAu.jpg (288x186, 29K)

does fumoffu count as S2

Attached: pony.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Hot take: Hibike S2

imagenin being this wrong

Exosquad fits what op is talking about, the only caveat is that its a Western cartoon mimicking anime, hell it was billed as "The Western Anime" when it came out. Its a Western homage to space opera like LOGH and Gundam, its superior to 90% of modern anime but remember that this was utterly groundbreaking for Western cartoons in the early 90s. The first season is alright but the second is where the show really starts taking off and puts it into uncharted territory. Even today I don't feel Western cartoons have approached the quality of Exosquad.

Attached: qwe_download.png (925x622, 471K)

K-On, Oreimo, 3 gatsu no lion, Bnha, Railgun

3-gatsu no Lion
Clannad
Mob Psycho
K-On
GochiUsa

Does this shit get better? I dropped it after the first season cause it pissed me the fuck off

Rakugo Shinjuu
Except the last episode, fuck that episode

no user no it does not

It's consistently great, so no.

In terms of animation and production? Yes.
In terms of literally everything else? mobs2 is fucking garbage

No. Only gets worse.

Yes nigguh

Attached: MikasaGetsBTFO.webm (1280x720, 337K)

5toubun

Space Dandy

I mean it only gets better, but if you're a battle shounen plebian like you let off it's best you stick to the baby stuff.

>gochiusa s2 op
this

Attached: 1491383660518.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

> brainlets pretending aot didnt go to shit and you need to be 300 iq to enjoy it. it's just garbage user get over it

Do JoJo parts count?

Each part is basically a new series, so I wouldn't, but I do at the very least consider 2 better than 1

They redid the punch animation for the actual episode.

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>ruined Mogami's arc

By me

This post is literally just to shit on OPM S2 isn't it? Also pic related.

Attached: myMHbIX.jpg (640x360, 30K)

>imagine being this retarded

>redid
Zoomed in*

Battle Tendencies is part of S1, so no.

the entire animation is redrawn nigger.

Haruhi second season. Season 1 broadcast order was great, but I will never cease to laugh at the butthurt that the Endless 8 caused.

The retard can't even memetext properly, go back to boku no shit pleb

Slayers is the definitive example of this but Birdy Decode definitely comes to mind

No because the second season of Jojo is the first half of part 3 and it's fucking terrible

Dragonball Z

Pic related.
Also Kekkai Sensen.

Attached: e50869901ececd8f320a9fe12cae1e0e.jpg (720x721, 87K)

Aria had a better S3 than S2 and S1 if that counts.

>Kekkai Sensen
S2 didn't top Zapp's episode.

Darker than Black

Attached: Suou.Pavlichenko.full.206762.jpg (1600x1200, 909K)

Read the manga , you Moron. Right now it is considered at the same level of Berserk (manga ,not the anime).

>S3 never
I remember most anons in the threads thinking it was worse than S1 though.
Which episode is that? S2 has KK’s ep but a severe lack of autistic red orc.

Attached: AF5B7085-F5F9-492E-9DFE-EF4BF0214E8D.jpg (357x348, 81K)

If the studio don't screw up......AoT S4 will be considered a masterpiece.

Attached: images (1).jpg (265x190, 18K)

Non Non Biyori.

youtube.com/watch?v=DflP5mBsivA

Attached: non-non-biyori-repeat.jpg (1440x750, 331K)

Or the boxing episode, the chess episode, the food episode, and the burger episode.
Even the worst of Kekkai Sensen's arcs are still pretty damn good though.

K-ON definitely.

Fate/Zero

Everything with "seasons" is shit in any medium. If you really have something to say, you know the length from the start: 24 episodes, a movie trilogy, 2 books and so on. If you just keep going without any finish in mind as long as the cash flows, it's no longer art, it's meaningless trash (see western shows).

Attached: 17324-745062.jpg (800x1200, 298K)

gatchaman crowds

Aria the Animation

RENGE NO

This.

Attached: Non Non Biyori29.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

No.

GITS SAC

Kiniro Mosaic, Gochuumon, Yuru Yuri, Hibike.

Attached: 1557267455461-a.png (597x186, 23K)

Thank you for reminding me Morgana exist, best worst character ever.

Berserk hasn't been good since chapter 177.

>Haganai Next
>Tamako Market movie (if it counts)
>Nurarihyon?
>Gundam Seed Destiny for the first dozen episodes
>To Love Ru
>Chihayafuru 2

>Right now it is considered at the same level of Berserk (manga
>same level of Berserk manga
Imagine being this retarded. Isayama can't draw for shit even if his life depended on it.

Attached: 146778446567.jpg (1200x867, 253K)

>western shows
>big 3 all have 600 episodes
alright buddy

I hate capeshit as much as you do but calling it western is fucking crazy, also half the fun of watching anime is following the seasons and seeing what looks good so you just sound like a fucking jackass.

I guess you just read classic literature or something? Why are you even here?

People trashing OPM2 are such entitled crybabies.

Attached: 1539161846790.jpg (824x579, 85K)

Is not about the draw, but about the writting. AoT writting is one of the best in the last decades and is fair at the same level of berserk's writting (marley arc is near the level of golden age arc)

People not trashing OPM2 are fucking delusional.

Well, season 1 was like an anime, but season 2 seems to be a power point slideshow.

My nigger

Show the the merch you have bought to support this show.
Be glad this show even got a season 2, something being good dont always mean there will be more seasons.
if this S2 is powerpoint, then what does that make the Berserk anime?

Hey J.C staffnigger

I haven't brought shit for OPM. The first season was good. Not great or anything though in my opinion. The second season however, in contrast, is fucking obviously dog shit.

This. Nips are just cheap bastards pumping out low cost schlock to meet bare minimum standards.

Just finished Toradora! for the first time recently and the fight scenes in that were a hundred times better than any effort they've put into OPM2 so far to be fair.

>I guess you just read classic literature or something?
No, I quickly got bored of it.
All the anime I watch has 1 season.
The western thing was just an example, but no, I don't think the never ending shonens are good.

Black Clover

No doubt about it, it feels much more consistent than S1

Attached: stand alone complex.jpg (1536x2048, 626K)

Do we count Jojo? Otherwise bnha is an easy pick, probably because it was developed like a Western show with a competently made first season with a tight but pilot to test the waters and then got a massive two season high budget commitment, im surprised OPM didnt capitalize more.

>Pic unrelated
Are you joking? So far season 2 has been better

For all those faggots asking about JoJo. Season 2 is better (part 3 for you retards). Don't @me hamonboomers

Crest of the Stars

Attached: 1121188300778.jpg (508x712, 113K)

K
I
N
O

spice and wolf. the plot was slightly more predictable, but lawrence and holo were so much better together in II

>AoT writting is one of the best in the last decades
Jesus imagine actually thinking this.

That's the absolute state of /snk/. Brain damaged anons circlejerking their shipfaggotry and Eren being the best mc.

So explain me why the writting is trash?
Because you are usually just people who hated s1 and now hate the entire manga for this reason.

He is not "the best one"but at least deserve to be considered a really good character, only blind people wouldn't be able to understand his development.

Nigger, pulling a Lelouch tier on Eren doesn't mean it's the best writing in the last decade

>slowly growing up ,learning step by step the truth abuot yourself,your father and your world and understand that you are going to die young and if you don't react your land and the people you care will be destroyed by a massive GoT like world politic.
>he just pulling an edgy leoluche.

His character development started during the unprising and slowly evolved in what he is now, stop speed read or blinding yourself just because you hated to character from the start and you won't accept his development.

Kaiji.
Chinchiro Arc was fantastic the whole way through and Bog Arc is the best pleb filter there is.

Attached: 1476863830371.png (1354x757, 704K)

Code Geass. You know I'm right.

what the fuck are you on about, that was straight kino

CHOO CHOO

Easily

Attached: ANZX-13334.jpg (500x686, 123K)

hard agree

Fukigen na Mononokean

>Oreimo

It got better if you like incest

Konosuba

Attached: 2019.03.12 - 14 - the forbidden dance--00:03:51 [0001] .gif (448x336, 2.51M)

Yes.

They rushed it and cut out most of Mob's suffering and the fight with Mogami.

Nah. The artstyle got even sloppier than it was, and the adapted arcs weren't as fun. Axisfags were literally the only memorable part of it.

this, s1 was fairly meh, s2 was great and s3 was half good half meh, hopefully s4 will be good

not wanting to watch something even if its great doesn't make you ""entitled"". you are also entitled to nothing if you make something even if its great. you shouldn't feel entitled to people watching something they don't like or buying merch for something they don't like just because its the followup to something they did like. it's nobodies obligation outside of the staff of opm2 to make sure it succeeds.

Agreed

Attached: novel.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

Reducing Mob suffering wasn't that big of a deal,they still get point across and that scene of mob being hit by a brick and his blood splaying over Minori maniacal face was brutal and memorable enough.And fight was great too,choreography was more abstract then in the manga but it isn't bad all,all checkpoints were kept.

Yama no susume.
While the 1st season was charming, the episodes were only 5 minutes long.
15 minutes for S2 was great improvement while the content kept it's quality.

3D Kanojo.

Attached: 95391l.jpg (400x553, 48K)

Attached: [Anonymous Merchant] Tantei Opera Milky Holmes the Movie ~Milky Holmes' Counterattack~ [720p].m (1280x720, 258K)

This scene hopefully has some strong story relevance because it looks like some Walmart Ghibli drawn by 2 Koreans in their spare time.

I hated the first season because of the god awful pacing. Season 2 picked it up and has one of my favorite scenes ever. Season 3 was a blast. Sounds like a bit of an unpopular opinion but I've enjoyed it more as it's gone on.

>convey exactly what they needed to in a single episode instead of multiple chapters
>ruined
What they just didn't have mob suffering long enough for you? Who would've wanted to see a whole episode of that? Mangafags are the worst part about mob psycho 100. The manga is great, the anime is great, most of the fans are great. But you faggots that endlessly complain about the adaptation not being a panel for panel recreation of the manga are insufferable. Fuck off.

Because its trash user. Celebrate good anime. Do not celebrate bad anime.

Draw a still frame of Mob that looks anywhere near as good as any still shot from that clip and upload it here. That'll be a perfect test to confirm you have no idea what you're talking about.

Railgun is true, but as it is a spin off, does it count?

His character development started after his first shift, but otherwise you're correct

Imagine being a yikesfag with no argument
Listen to yourself user, you're using the quality of a fucking Yea Forums general to judge the quality of the series itself

Jojo has terrible anime adaptations, you cuckbook shills.

>mfw both the girl and that scene are never brought up again in the manga

Berserk has been shit since the end of the GA arc so that's not saying much

Season 1 was pretty boring. But season 4 was great.

Attached: Marimite-pics-maria-sama-ga-miteru-9920084-340-500.jpg (340x500, 35K)

I liked the second season of pic related more

Attached: oregairu.jpg (540x443, 25K)

If clannad counts, then it's 100% clannad. The first season is like a 5/10 show, while after story is a solid 10/10.

season 1 wasn't that bad, but s2 set the bar too high

Season 1 was just an average seasonal VN adaptation. No one would have ever remembered it if it wasn't for after story. It stands on its own as a fluffy school romance with a few good emotional moments, but there are hundreds of those.

Attached: 1445683830310.jpg (310x310, 18K)

OH NO NO NO the reversal of shonen trope was just good for the over the top sakuga

I should really give it all a rewatch, it's been years.

Peak pseud

Shaft shows usually dont peak at first 12 eps.
Monogatari, madoka, szs, gatsu. Rest dont really matter.

It does seem like the adaptions put all their eggs in the s1 basket and s2 is the cash in season because the tiny number of superfans will buy the merch at higher margins.

Attached: gatsu girls.jpg (1533x1200, 1.82M)

Easy.

Attached: B52B0D78-A54F-42B3-ADE1-28FC05D38C0C.jpg (456x485, 25K)

How much of the mob s2>s1 crowd are just sakuga fags?
S1 was better in every level, including action.

Attached: x10.png (715x1013, 419K)

>Shows whose season 2 is better than season 1.

Digimon?

LET ME TELL YOU KIDS ABOUT EXCEPTIONAL SEASON TWOS

This right here was the most generic run-of-the-mill shonen battle anime imaginable complete with a shitty moralfag "YOU'RE A GIRL I CAN'T LET YOU FIGHT I MUST PROTECT YOU" brain-dead male MC, generic oh-so-evil overpowered villains led by a big bad who basically slap the MCs around and then fuck off, episodes upon episodes of training arcs, you know the drill. By the end of S1 most of Yea Forums had dropped it since basically nothing noteworthy had happened for a whole cour.

S2 started and it continued much the same way for the first few episodes and noone who dropped it bothered picking it back up. BUT THEN SHIT HIT THE FAN. THE MC, AFTER CONTINUALLY GETTING HIS SHIT FUCKED OVER FROM HIS MORALFAGGY WAYS, MANNED THE FUCK UP AND BECAME AWESOME. THE VILLAINS WERE FLESHED OUT AS FAR MORE THAN THE CARICATURES THEY HAD BEEN AND REVEALED TO BE A WHOLE CAST OF CHARACTERS ON A GRIM MISSION OF SURVIVAL. ALL THE BORING FILLER AND TRAINING SHIT GOT TOSSED OUT FOR AWESOME BATTLES, AND FROM A THIRD OF THE WAY IN RIGHT THROUGH TO THE AFTER CREDITS OF THE LAST EPISODE IT BECAME ONE AMAZING WILD RIDE OF GREY MORALITY AND INCREDIBLE FIGHT SCENES. THE ENTIRE SHOW WAS LITERALLY ONE MASSIVE BUILDUP TO THE FINAL SCENE, WHICH WAS AN ABSOLUTELY PERFECT MOMENT OF ANIME KINO AND KARMIC RETRIBUTION THAT IT EASILY MAKES THE REST OF THE SHOW WELL AND TRULY WORTH WATCHING.

10/10 it was alright.

Attached: ae99d066-2acf-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg (3000x1688, 1010K)

Love Live

It was a pretty good followup season
>Rumba > Bure
>3 good or at the very least acceptable ED's
>a few fun meta gags/episodes
>didn't have to adapt the character intro chapters
>not too much QUALITY considering SHAFT was juggling a couple of shows at that point

Attached: 1526384588542.jpg (322x450, 34K)

>thinking an anime where you have to subject yourself to 16 episodes of boring shit before it gets good is a masterpiece
Fuck off retard.

K-on

Attached: 1434211867635.jpg (5571x4088, 2.03M)

BBB S2's only saving grace was that it managed to build off of S1's shitty anime original content and had the same animation staff. That and the parents day episode maybe.
It had no episodes even close to the better one-offs in S1 and had garbage like the Chain Charlie's Angels shit that should've been a two parter

People defend trash like Shiki and SSY all the time here though

Shit someone else who knows this show. Yeah s1 was the groundwork while s2 went full force with its story and plot.

Season 1 blows most (but not all) of the framchise's best ideas but season 2 is far better constructed

agree

came here to say this, Next was great.

Minami-ke.

They didn't even include pic related. Stop arguing with the obvious, Bones left out the best parts of the arc.

Attached: 1553008534880.png (437x312, 107K)

The manga made what /snk/ is now, retard

Zero no Tsukaima?

You're an anonymous fucking loser on the internet faggot. Nobody cares about posing a fucking argument to you. We're all just laughing at your shit taste.

>and it's fucking terrible
It's the only watchable season you pleb.

Attached: 1433651283474.png (625x626, 174K)

>if you can't cook very good you can't complain about a dead rat in your soup
timeless classic
sorry but me sucking at drawing doesn't make that abortion fine art
try again next time

Space Dandy

Attached: Liberty and Life.gif (500x281, 1.96M)

God that scene is kino.

Attached: 1549393294260.jpg (616x816, 88K)

Hibike season 2, Full Metal Panic TSR, Code Geass R2 and Shana Season 2

You're absolutely right. Season 2 was a masterpiece.

Stop spamming ponyfucker.

Yea.

Railgun

Attached: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - 09 - Large 03.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Thunderbolt fantasy

>Code Geass R2

Attached: full troll.jpg (632x356, 50K)

S2 toned down the punching scenes which got incredibly stale in S1. The interactions in general were better.

Attached: 1553971958130.jpg (750x900, 630K)

This.

yuru yuri

oreimo season two was markedly better and way more interesting once they added more characters without increasing the overall harem

Easily this. It improved upon everything the first season set up.

Attached: 1556497055807.jpg (497x705, 33K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hina Logi - From Luck & Logic - 11 [1080p].mkv - 0022.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

mob psycho

S2 wasn't as good because it took on an episodic nature instead of having an overarching story plot like S1 of Sensen did. It was still very enjoyable but there was no real story drive behind it. S1 was unironically better because of the anime only content in it.

Attack on Titan

Clannad

Nura S2 was better than S1

Attached: hagoromo-gitsune-nurarihyon-no-mago.jpg (1026x664, 265K)

cgdct doesn't count

Actually yes, the second half of s1 is pretty tame, however, if the first half didn't sell you you shouldn't bother.

White Album Season 2.

This heals the soul on so many levels.

I rewatched the reveal and the whole rest of that episode so many times. I mean, I knew it was Rainer and Bert because Yea Forums won't shut up about it. But it still caught me off guard and it was still absolutely amazing.

KonoSuba season 2 was way better and more consistant
Gintama' too

I don’t get why purely episodic character-centric shows are so dislikable to some people.

It was but the Laughing man was more memorable and iconic

Came to post Slayers Next, thanks user

Attached: fishing rod.png (500x501, 80K)

>100% Carried away

Haikyuu

Attached: 786.jpg (1280x720, 124K)