Why aren’t celebrities summonable with the Holy Grail?

Why aren’t celebrities summonable with the Holy Grail?

People now a days worship them as if they were gods, you’d think all that faith would get them a spot.

Attached: C4565FBA-CB35-46FC-B7F4-882279B98960.png (512x724, 396K)

I’d like to summon Arino from GCCX

what for?
noble phantasm: cry on twitter

Probably because they would have really shitty stats. If all the US presidents had to combine themselves to make a semi decent sevant then I doubt a Humphrey Bogart servant could be of much use.
Still if GO survives I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they pull a Marilyn Monroe servant or some bullshit like that.

>Not a noble phantasm that gives them the abilities and skill as there characters in movies

>tfw you reminded me there hasn't been subs in a long long while

Attached: GameCenter CX S21E04 - 240 - Um Jammer Lammy [SA-GCCX].mp4_snapshot_27.37_[2019.02.06_17.57.32].jpg (1280x720, 549K)

That wouldn't be a Moble Phantasm, it would probably be a variation of a skill like Innocent Monster.

They are, cases in point Edison & Nightingale were widely looked upon as such during the Edwardian period.

They are, but what would be the point? They have no magic powers and would be useless in a fight.

>Shit stats
They have higher fame and knowledge about them then the majority of heroic spirits. That should make up for age.

Which historical Servant in the Fate universe died the most recently? Anyone know?
I wouldn't really want to deal with the can of worms that summoning people from the WW2 era would involve either

Neil Armstrong is the most recent one I can think of

Attached: Fate EXTRA Last Encore - 03 - Large 22.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Being worshiped and having faith in you doesn't mean shit if you aren't worshiped for how mighty or brilliant or skilled you are. Being famous for doing something stupid or being a movie star isn't going to mean much unless you get a conceptual boost for being the best or being the first at something important.

>knowledge about them then the majority of heroic spirits
That's actually a strike against them. The more that is known for sure about them the less mystery they have. It means there's less open to interpretation that could make for bullshit powers. Tesla only gets to be as strong as he is because he has some conceptual bullshit related to electricity even though his life is mostly well-documented.

>summoned in the moon cell
>loses horribly because it's different than the moon he visited
Poor Neil

>higher fame and knowledge about them then the majority of heroic spirits
and that's exactly why they would have shitty stats, there's no point in said Taylor Swift becoming a servant because nobody believes that she has powers or committed great feats aside from releasing pop songs

>Loses against a servant AS a servant
>Beats the crap out of the moonbitches in 2hu despite being alive.
He must've had a very shitty master in the mooncell.

Guess what faggot if Nikola Tesla can have noble phantasms, literally anyone can be a Servant.

>yfw you realize that Celebrity Deathmach was actually a Holy Grail War

Attached: cv.png (1100x615, 684K)

Nikola Tesla has the whole thing about being a big mover in creation of usable electricity on top of the rumors of him having attempted to create a death ray as well as manipulate electricity. Plus he was born before mystery in the world fully faded away. Tesla is actually a pretty special human being as far as modern humans go.

You obviously have never meet a ravenous fan before.

Yeah that’s mostly the point, Tesla could still feeds form the Myths or craze theories that surrounded him, not to mention the impact he had in human story, I guess a modern servant could work if there is a good amount of mystery about him or is connected to a higher concept or something similar

Attached: 1513095231635.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Where’s my black servants?
Archer or any variation of him or Emiya don’t count.

So who would work for that? There's got to be people out there who have weird mystiques around them in the modern world, right?
I wonder if stuff like Chuck Norris Facts or shitposting about Keanu Reeves being an immortal demigod would work

Fucking kek

>If all the US presidents had to combine themselves to make a semi decent sevant
Which is some nonsense that doesn't hold up, because fucking Anastasia is powerful as hell

Wright Brothers could probably get some dumb wank in their corner. Like, say as the fathers of flight their Noble Phantasm is the Wright Flyer and they can outfit it with any form of armament or equipment that's been used on an aircraft, buffed up to Servant levels of output naturally.

Congrats, you managed to make Fate an even more retarded franchise.

Chaplin servant when?

Attached: fgo riyo sevant bunny girl jump.png (622x839, 394K)

Not really a high bar, though

She's not Chaplin, is she?

Charles Lindbergh, Rider and Avenger.

Alan Moore would likely get decent results. In addition to being a famous author of things which have hit the modern zeitgeist pretty hard (superheroes and especially Watchmen) he's got some pretty bizarre stuff going on, like being a chaos wizard and the actual Rasputin, who never died.

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 32K)

Attached: C2DB8528-8AC5-49C0-9939-D5C3538D5DF4.png (1334x750, 3.36M)

How would someone like Mark Twain be portrayed in the Fate universe?

No, she's Georges Méliès

Superman would probably able to legit earn his way into the Throne with all the modern mythmaking he's been a part of. He'd be super-nerfed as a servant, but his Noble Phantasm would revolve around being able to tap into his full strength at climactic moments so long as people believe he can save them.

I sure hope that’s not the case, but I think that’s one of the characters from the “learning with manga” thing, so it would certainly fit with the absurdity of the thing, I sure hate it sometimes

It would be their fictional counterparts rather than "them." Zorro would most likely be summoned as a weird amalgamation of Douglas Fairbanks, Guy Williams, Anthony Hopkins, and (probably) Antonio Banderas. However, it would be "Zorro" rather than any of the specific actors though.

Attached: zorro.png (576x394, 154K)

He’s got 50 years worth of “legends”, not sure if that would be enough though

can a comic book character even become a servant?

>Nursery rhime.

God I hope so

Attached: popeye.jpg (800x1536, 82K)

You aren't wrong, a MJ dancing and looking for kids while fighting would be cash.

>Rider: Michael Jackson
>Lancer: Hitler
>Caster: Alan Moore
What other 4 could fit from the 20th century?

Elvis
Boris Karloff
Marilyn Monroe is a must
Mike tyson
Tesla or Madam curie for the damn lasers boi

>noble phantasm: leaving neverland

Nursery Rhyme is the concept of stories come to life. She's pretty much the embodiment of all story-based fictional characters in the Nasuverse. If she were summoned by another master, she'd appear as something else to fit their tastes. The only reason they kept that design for the mobage is because it was recognizable.

Outside of Neil Armstrong, who's only been shown in the Mooncell's grail wars, the most recent servants to have died are Mata Hati, Tesla, and Anastasia

>formally one of the highest damage servants in the game
He was pretty usable for a while. Still alright for what he is.

Because Type Moon/DW would have to pay royalties to celebrities. Same reason that they only include fictional characters who are in the public domain as Servants.

Something something planet types something something magic circuits something something quantum time lock

I doubt celebs can get recorded in the throne, unless they become alaya's eternal bitch janny. Redman needs to pull that shit off while having a really useful NP.

Redman doesn't have a NP

Kek

Because the age of gods ended and mana is slowly disappearing from the world. There can't be any new heroic spirits aside from some very rare exceptions.

Attached: 1547379192283.png (688x500, 374K)