Thoughts on new season of One Punch Man so far and how many more seasons do you think will be made after this?

Thoughts on new season of One Punch Man so far and how many more seasons do you think will be made after this?

Attached: one-punch-man.jpg (646x431, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M7WgNRmtWrw
youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w
twitter.com/_jashinslayer_/status/1106715655749828608
youtube.com/watch?v=GRBl2r2LpTA
twitter.com/jumpaoki/status/1116627679980052481
youtu.be/Zb_mnqDUVy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Given how shit this one is? None, because I can't think of a single fucking soul who will bother to pay for the blurays.
I'm sure the manga will get a bump from how disappointing this adaptation is though.
Fuck you JC Staff
Fuck you Shueisha

Why do you think it's shit out of curiosity?

It's garbage and I've already dropped.
Read the manga or webcomic.

Attached: 151711541519139.png (718x718, 503K)

Animation isn't even mediocre, its just bad. Sound design is fucking strange. Just about everyone's attack sound like gun shots. The pacing in both fights and overall are confusing and erratic.

Overall a big disappointment.

Attached: 1461813862402.png (302x448, 155K)

I haven't read the manga, but so far I think it's meh

Im sticking with season 2 since the humor is still good.

But the animation of the fights is pretty jarring in how bad they are. I just hope they find a new studio/freelancers for season 3.

Yeah. The use of CGI makes it hard to watch.

Why did the animation switch anyways?

A lot of the artists are freelancers so they kinda just went on to different projects.

Gotcha

This.
I hope pic related actually gets decent animators.

Attached: R52.jpg (1600x1138, 753K)

I LOVE FUBUKI

Content-wise I think there's plot for 1 or 2?

I wonder if they'll surprise use with what they'll do with Orochi or if they will make him into a cgi fucking mess.

Look at it.
Shueisha threw it under the bus becuase OPM was RAPING DBS in terms of memetic popularity with everyone across the planet.

They couldn't have their cheaply produced piece of shit canon raping franchise being oudone by this little show.
So they threw it under the bus.

Shit direction in every scene that results in extremely static shots, low impact fight scenes and jokes that generally have no heft in their punchline because the transition to the “punchline” shot of a character just looks boring
It’s actually not about the number of frames of animation for me. I thought the Garou vs Tanktop fight was weak as shit too because, while having a lot of frames, the actual direction of how each shot was compose and the transition from shot to shot as well as the actual way the director chose to portray certain moments was just weak and boring.
You can have a good show with relatively few frames of unique animation that at least looks interesting
KLK is a good example of how to do this with action scenes. Inferno Cop is an amazing example of how to do this with comedy.
The issue isn’t just that JC staff are lazy in the production value of this season. It’s that they’re creatively lazy too, unwilling to convey a single moment in an interesting or unorthodox way. I’d youre not going to give me something good, at least give me something original and unique and unusual.
But nah. OPM S2 feels like it’s being treated as generic shonen job #395 by the animation studio.
It’s really telling when the manga has a better sense of motion and movement and impact than the anime (you know, the medium where presumably those qualities would shine most?)

still best anime in 2019
ONE PUNCH MAN NUMBER 1

Every fight scene skips the fights. Its aggregating. I wanna see a fight. Not blurry lines and flashes to aftermath

That's how it is in the manga
blame one because he's the one who removed the great fight scenes that Murata did

Can someone post pics of that whip girl monster? Black sclera is my fetish.

>That's how it is in the manga
Yeah, but the manga has much more detailed art as well as motion lines that help you see what is going on. Anime is supposed to make up for that with animation.

>blame one because he's the one who removed the great fight scenes that Murata did

You guys just keep making shit up about Murata and ONE's creative decisions together.

you're the one who didn't watch Murata's stream

It feels like they are intentionally stalling.
Why is there so much exposition in season 2?
>inb4 it's in the manga
That may be, but that doesn't mean the exposition has to consist of voice explanation only without nothing much going on screen.

There's not much you can do when the writing is bad.

In the manga it doesn't feel like stalling because the fight scenes are actually good.

Just got done with the 5th episode. I thought it was getting a little better, but it got worse. Metal Knight and Genos look so fucking bad

Just watched episode 5. This show had so much potential and I am so immensely disappointed in how wrong it has gone. The plot is retarded, the setting is completely chaotic and unfailingly boring. they spend way too much time showcasing the character design despite the obvious fact that these characters are all meant to be seen as mundane and ridiculous, there's absolutely no character development whatsoever, the animation is disgustingly lazy, the audio is completely bizarre, the voice acting is phoned in, the humor is poorly executed, it really does seem like everything about this show is being done wrong. Feelsbadman.jpg

>episode 1
Heavily flawed but a pleasant surprise given expectations.
>episode 2
Utter shit, ruined Garou and Fubuki's introduction.
>episode 3
Pretty decent. Garou VS TTM was surprisingly good besides the ghosting. Still rushed, but didn't bother me as much as the other episodes.
>episode 4
I liked how they made a Kamen Rider-like theme song for Justice Man, but other than Garou's backstory the episode was shit.
>episode 5
Fucking terrible. Could've redeemed themselves from ep4 if Garou vs MB was done well, but they gave it their absolute worst in all areas. Dropped.

Attached: 1557272072635.png (1280x1750, 2.03M)

Who even cares about the animation. The pacing is the bad thing that is ruining this season. It could be potato quality as long as the pacing is good.

fillershit/10

Poop.

Hilariously shitty. That's like on of them "survive" motion hentai where they just wiggle colored manga pages a bit and add SFX then call it animated hentai.

Mob psycho Was always better

Shueisha threw OPM under the bus because it was proven to be far more popular and better on every level then their moneymaking scheme called Dragon Ball Super.

OPM 2 animated by the orignal OPM1 animators would have outshone their Broly movie fuck up and any DB anything they could think of.

That's why OPM2 is trash.
This isn't even JC staffs best animators. These are the B team and they were told to just do the job and don't try too hard.

Nice projecting

It's so hard to watch. Theres just nothing impressive or funny happening on screen in this season. That leaves it being a pretty bland action story, that sometimes looks okay, but often looks bad. Lots of ugly still frames and shitty editing in place possible art or animation.

Honestly I tried watching 2 episodes in a row last night and I was actually falling asleep by the 3rd.

>Watching OPM for the plot and character development

Attached: Saitama_serious_profile.png (797x807, 642K)

I cannot beleive people are doing this.

>how many more seasons do you think will be made after this?
None, if we are lucky.

That's because this arc is filler.

post chibi Lin Lin

i enjoy it but the quality is so much noticeably worse than season 1. pretty sad about it. season 1 was incredible. why did they do this?

Why did they do Overlord S3? Money.

Attached: 1556897343314.jpg (1358x615, 56K)

no, i mean why did they hire such a worse studio?

Is that copypasta because the jokes are definitely better than s1 or even the manga.

It is actually that people want to complain but want also to be unique.

It's about time. J.C. isn't really doing their best here, since they are trying harder to work fast. Other studios would take longer, and then interest would wane.

I don't understand why anyone would even want an anime adaptation when you have fucking Murata drawing the manga. Like, how do you expect it to possibly improve on anything?

They are either obscenely cheap, or they are shitting on opm season 2 so they can hard push their more profitable and cheap to produce crap like dbs and op.

My money is on the latter and the former.

It's been fucking years.
People have been wating on a season 2 that entire damned time and it the manga isn't big enough to lure people into reading it and spoiling it for themselves.

>new season of One Punch Man, faggotry overload SnK, BokuNunaruto, DBspics, InfintyOnePiece, various flavors of waifu faggotry, etc, etc.
It's just me or is Yea Forums's catalog always the same?
Are we another Yea Forums that only has threads about GoT and capeshit?

This is fucking it, after the shit show that was S2 we are never getting any more one punch man anime ever again, Thank god for the web comic

Attached: dedd.png (761x1080, 1.18M)

They had 4 years... how much time does someone need?

the animation is as shit as the shit story deserves. OPM peaked at the Deep Sea King and everything after Boros is pointless padding to make ONE and Murata more money

>Watch S2
>Mediocre animation but nothing offensive so far
>People on Yea Forums shit on it 24/7 like it was the second coming of berserk 2016
>Go rewatch S1 again for comparison's sake
>S1 is mostly stills and smears and it doesn't get amazing up until the Boros fight
People really are blowing this shit out of proportion the anime is fine

Why didn't the production committee ask ONE to write a couple OVAs between the seasons if they were that desperate to retain OPM's media visibility? Would've given more time to schedule another studio for S2.

One Joke Man was always shit and people only just now started to realise that
The fights are awful and soulless
The """humour""" is LOL HE'S SO STRONG HE FINISHES HIS FIGHTS WITH ONE PUNCH
The characters are awful and onedimensional

>S1 is mostly stills
>It...it was NEVE..R Good..trust us
Fuck off JC Shills
youtu.be/M7WgNRmtWrw

The direction/animation is extremely bland and low effort compared to last season, but this is also around where I totally lost interest in the manga so it's hard to place blame. There won't be more seasons because the source material is slow to update and fights that can take a whole chapter could be animated in 1 minute.

New episode was legit terrible. Previous one was alright, but this one is holy shit how bad it is.

>Post 4 minutes of stills and smears
Why are you proving me right?

Just filter out those threads newfag. Yea Forums looks like a pleasant sanctuary once you actually utilise the functions of this site to silence the retards. Also Yea Forums isn't completely overrun with blatant /pol/ shit and media article bait like Yea Forums.

Stop trying retard. I get that you're bored, but forcing your bait statements over and over again won't make it any more true.

The music is terrible. OP. ED. The bits of S1s that you hear. All of it.

>m-muh db boogyman

>Watching OPM for the plot and character development

Because there actually is some decent writing and compelling worldbuilding accompanied with the action and humor. Why else would you continue reading after the MA Raid arc? The past few webcomic chapters have mostly worldbuilding and setting up of future events. I think some of you guys constantly regurgitate the "dude, it's a parody. don't take it seriously" shit because you don't actually want to put forth the effort to address criticism concerning the series.

>projecting
What the fuck do you think that means?

>or
You mean and

(You) need to stop posting.

Want more seasons only because I want to see his fight animated.

Attached: 028_1550368597.png (800x1138, 1.63M)

It's normal. There isn't anything remotely good coming out lately and the anime industry is desperately trying to live off of old glories.
Everything right now is either a SoL, loli fapbait, a sequel or am anime adaptation of a manga/LN that did good. There is nothing remotely original, risky or adult coming out right now.

>because you don't actually want to put forth the effort to address criticism concerning the series
I am critical of the series. I don't say "dude it's a parody" because I want to deflect criticism I say that as a criticism. If it's meant to be anything deeper than that it fails completely. And now that we have an adaptation that fails to deliver on comedy and visuals, it's just bad.

As a reader of the web comic it's pretty disappointing to me that instead of Garou ending this season we're getting some other monster I barely remember that apparently got a bigger spotlight in the manga. Overall though the comic finally getting updates again is nice enough to balance it out.

S1 ED good? Talk about overreacting.

You should be happy that Suiryu is about to get buried hard starting next week.

Kill yourself

who?

>As a reader of the web comic it's pretty disappointing
that you didn't make a thread for the fucking webcomic and post there instead.

>If it's meant to be anything deeper
>If

The contrast in tone between comedy and legit drama, action, and worldbuilding could not be anymore clearer in the story. There is no "if". Although I'm interested to see why you think it "fails completely".

I'm here for the girls.

Attached: ring ring bananna phone.jpg (850x850, 117K)

I cant believe the normies didnt find MB vs Garou offensive, I mean they hated Goku vs Beerus from DBS episode 5.

who's the weakest monster who could destroy fubuki's clothes in a fight

Job Job should be her new name

what if the Secret of Saitamas Power is that he reached Buddhahood?

Attached: 3917536-3668980-2059323450-motiv.png (732x799, 407K)

Is there anywhere I can get updates on manga production of one punch man. Last chapter was 3 weeks ago. What's going on

The hell is her problem?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Punch Man S2 - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.46_[2019.05.07_23.02.00].jpg (1280x720, 90K)

this latest episode was fucking atrocious

any faith i had that jc staff werent going to butcher this shit is gone

MetalJobfags deserved this, honestly. All the upcoming fights are going to look great in comparision and I can't wait.

I don't like their stupid blurring effect during fights but I'll still watch it bc I have nothing better to do

probably crablante

how tho

what do you mean how

is he even threat level tiger?

yeah he is, probably one of the stronger ones

couldn't she just one shot him

Usual release schedule is biweekly, and last week was golden week. Next chapter should normally release within the next 2 - 3 days

she's a shitter so i doubt it, and he only has to rip her clothes anyway

Its funny how she looked on model unlike Fubuki.

When did I ever say that the S1 ed was good?

Last week was Golden week, there was no chapter from any mainstream manga.

One was working on the webcomic so probably a better chance we get a webcomic chapter this weekend.

what would he aim for h-haha

How far will this season go in arcs/chapters? I'd like to know what all I can expect to be butchered.

It's ending on the Elder Centipede Serious Punch.

should be around when Saitama punches elder centipede, after Garou vs the A class heroes -> Genos -> BangBomb. Maybe we'll get a shot of the S class assembling to go fight the MA but we 99% sure won't get further than that.

Next week, ghosting in Genos vs Cockroach, Hell Storm looking worse than MB serious attack.

I'm tired of this shit already

What went wrong bros?

Attached: dos.png (866x718, 825K)

They gave her Zombieman skin color for a reason when she is supposed to have human skin.

I can already imagine how this plays out:
>>Centipede approaching Saitama
>>Saitama pulls back his fist and throws it
>>Cuts to a still of the sky or something as shitty SFX plays
>>Cut to centipede's dead body

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING UPDATES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can't take it anymore, bros.

Attached: p.png (800x1138, 215K)

>Why is the animation so bad?
Because they're spending most the budget animating Garou's muscles and back

Attached: 1557299409829.jpg (1280x4415, 1.57M)

Where the fuck can I find the colored meteor panels in English?

Attached: 1535374661526.png (626x620, 37K)

Thats a man.

So when y'all are talking about ghosting, you mean that technique where they layer translucent frames onto each other to simulate movement too fast for the eye to follow right?

Whatever you call that, it sucks and I hate it.

She literally looks like trash in the anime...

It was ok at first with the exception of Episode 2 but this was the worst one yet. All the problems that the were there before was multiplied by 100. I'll jeep watching to see how it goes and if they can fix stuff by after episode 3 and going to this it hurts. Well not too much as im getting used to butchering anime. Even Goblin slayer wasn't this bad despite cg slayer. Good thing the manga and webcomic are going so I'm sated. If it does get s3(which I doubt after all this mess) we can get a better production and time management.

Attached: 74213531_p0.jpg (2000x1407, 1.22M)

Yeah that's the one. Its worse when you know it's used to cover animation they weren't confident with.

pretty much this, I will keep watching tho

Would tats and Zombieman get along on a mission?

Attached: 74133562_p1.jpg (1407x2000, 1.06M)

Animators weren't Fubukifags for this episode.

>season 3

I imagine he knows not to anger her, so they might get on well enough outside of work, but the way they do things is different. She’s not stealthy enough for his specialty, and he’s unneeded for her’s.

Why do people always post the untranslated pictures?

>Garou arc's been over for like 4 1/2 years and it still feels like we're barely past it
What is ONE's excuse?

>RAPING DBS
lmao no, most of DBS was absolute shit and was still insanely successful while OPM did decent in Japan
>in terms of memetic popularity
Again no, a community of redditors making the same “OK” joke again and again doesn’t compare to the amount of utter bullshit spawned from the tournament of power and DBZ Abridged

Attached: 8E8A7BDC-AE2D-495E-BBBD-820810A0F12A.jpg (645x729, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w
for nostalgia sake

Attached: one_punch_man_artwork_by_corphish2_d9e2l0w-pre.jpg (700x1142, 116K)

Attached: phoenixman_colors_comp.jpg (1334x1456, 915K)

Episode 1 was bad
Episode 2 was shittier than shit
Episode 3-4-5 are better, not good as S1 but enjoyable.

hopefully you mean "enjoyable" as "it's so bad it's enjoyable"

He's a mangaka as a hobby

Why was ithisso hard to do? Who the fuck is in charge?

Attached: 2372368267.png (500x500, 230K)

Decent animation but very, very little attention to detail. You get better animation from the original source. GIF related was made by ONE himself.

Attached: 1450565412762.gif (628x350, 2.1M)

No, I mean enjoyable as enjoyable

that's too bad, hope you get better man

If anyone cares here’s the English TL

Attached: 0E6C9E67-01EE-4174-9D7D-A5970351F038.png (844x1200, 1.13M)

already up to date with the manga, updates so irregularly though
dont want to read the webcomic, i like the cool panels

Attached: CE150434-0F71-43C8-BBB7-5A074AE4E963.png (844x1200, 1024K)

> GIF related was made by ONE himself.

Are you retarded? No it wasn't.

Aaargh.

>It's bad that people enjoy things that I don't

Y-you too

the monster association arc is filler?

Not Index level but it sure is a big downgrade from season 1, still watching it and so far its decent.

Webcomic elitism.

Garou

Attached: 1557254783102.jpg (1920x1080, 728K)

she's not even that cute, give me more fubuki and tatsumaki. honestly some of their portraits are the best thing in the whole manga

Attached: tatsumaki.jpg (732x1193, 297K)

He's probably talking about the Super Fight, which still isn't filler but he's one of those retards so

whats this from? i dont remember it from the manga

It’s just a fancomic
twitter.com/_jashinslayer_/status/1106715655749828608

would you?

Attached: 1556947724389.png (400x492, 173K)

you are fucking braindead if you think the comedy is better this time around

Sexy Garou

Attached: garounutting.gif (300x171, 1.46M)

s1 op and s2 op is literally soul vs soulless

Was there any particular reason why Hellfire and Gale Wind were expanded upon so much? I thought Phoenix Man was integrated way better. The ninja plot felt tacked on by comparison.

Probably because ONE is going to expand on the Ninja Village plot some more in future.

To give every S-class a good fight

padding

imagine complaining about something that could have looked like this

Attached: c8d251e7a9c4a8212eb292e41ad620ab.png (593x840, 311K)

PhoenixMan will probably get new colors in Season 3 with a different anime studio.

Tatsumaki should be easy to draw/animate due to her loli design. If she has another ass shot like in Season 1, that would be an improvement over this weeks episode.

so much soul

It has better flow than season 2

Tank top master vs garou is really all you need to see how shitty this season is. The animation is fluid in some parts which gives people the idea that it is 'good' yet barely if not flat out conveys the sense of speed and power behind his tackle. Flashy colors, ghosting, and mirrors best describes this season in a nutshell. They can barely make any action scene look passable which is leagues behind season 2. Its a literal pleb filter for retards who understand good animation and those who just want flashy after effects and pointless fluidity. Fuck season 2.

At this point I'm so bummed by this season I start to fantasize about a world where the pure outrage forces a redo.

Fuck off retard pretending to know some shit. If we don't listen to the audio, TTM vs Garou was better and had more animation than the famous Genos vs Saiatama in s1.

>Its a literal pleb filter for retards who understand good animation and those who just want flashy after effects and pointless fluidity

Geekdom101 likes S2.

Does anyone really think that Deen wouldve done a better job with Season 2?

Yeah Deen is based and more experienced.

The only thing JC staff needs to do is change the coloring director and the sound director. That's it.

It's truly awful. The direction and pacing is garbage. Animation and sound quality is too. It's 20 mins of cuts, mindless battle scenes and set up scenes, with like 5 mins of actual plot.

At least if anything they're faithful to the manga, but that's not to say the manga is without problems. The manga is being drawn out and taking the focus away from Saitama. He's merely a side character in his own story now. The pacing has also slowed to a crawl. I think it's evidence that they've just run out of ideas to do with Saitama. ONE is being stingy with Saitama and doesn't want to overplay him and the joke of him being the strongest. In the mean time he's stringing the readers along with filler and hoping people keep reading for the minute appearance of Saitama and some tease of his power. It's understandable but his world building is very mediocre and can't make these characters actually compelling. Murata is pretty much the only redeeming quality now.

I guess it could be said that OPM never had a good season 2 story to animate to begin with.

>coloring director

JCStaff always uses that woman as the coloring director for all of their series. They need to get a new sound director for S3.

Saitama still has the most screentime. Stp bullshitting.

>It's 20 mins of cuts, mindless battle scenes and set up scenes, with like 5 mins of actual plot.

You just described the manga and explains the "Nothing happens" posts during the tourney arc years ago. Suiryu never added anything to the plot, and good to see him getting buried with QUALITY, at least we can laugh at it.

I don't care who does it. I care that it is done well.

who the fuck are all these characters, and why am I supposed to give a fuck about any of them

Pretty much a bunch of whos, and half of them are going to kick the bucket in like 2 weeks.

While it's true that it was rather unfocused, and very clearly an attempt to give some charaters more screentime than in the webcomic (up to Garou himself), the true reason behind "nothing happens" was the horrid release schedule with little substance each time. Both factors combined in a very terrible way.

Define "the plot".

> new characters? Oh no my brain can only remember a few of them

Are you autistic by any chance?

Child Emperor vs PhoenixMan pacing reminded me pretty much of the tournament with a bunch of nothing happens, good thing quality improved drastically after that fight.

The only thing that matters is the stuff between chapters 76-84, because the tournament can have endless QUALITY and give us memes.

the ost and garou's back muscles are carrying this season no homo

>retards defending shit animation
Yeah sure but I'm pretty sure people wanted good animation not amateur compositions that destroy what is being conveyed. Look at this shit: youtube.com/watch?v=GRBl2r2LpTA

There are five cuts to this animation:
>Tanktop starts the charge and leaves the frame
>shot of ground and legs
>shot of upper body and torso running along
>final coming up and impact of the movement
>then after effect of impact.

The first cut is perfect because tank top leaves the screen in a few frames to convey the sense of speed, aka a super human startup to his tackle. Then we literally go to his legs moving slightly better than normal and his torso moving slightly faster than normal. This is what happens when you can animate but have no creative bone in your body to properly composition a scene. Seeing his legs and torso only slows down the first cut's illusion of movement. Now he's gone from swiftly going out of a scene to a slow tackle. The only other good shot here is right before he hits garou where they show a slight second where there are airlines curving around the tackles apex. This does a great job of showing the user visually that the tackle is going at superspeed. Too bad they just ruined it altogether by slowing him down to a brisk run through rubble. You cannot be so retarded to not understand how utterly boring and amateur the animation of this scene was. Having a bouncing ball doesn't make it in any way fun to watch.

and looking back on it, it's a good fight. just lasted way, way too long.

Are you retarded or just baiting?

Metal Knight OST felt like it was from Hero Academia(You Say Run).

you underestimate the power of mindless shonenfags and how long they stay on sinking ships

Attached: 1550469151906.jpg (1024x768, 43K)

Like the user said, it's basically a microcosm of the tournament arc reduced to one fight: extended past the ideal lenght, and ON TOP OF THAT, Murata wasted an entire update on redrawing shit.

But perhaps the most important factor in that fight turning sour was that _________Child Emperor a shit__________

Explain what fight of the tournament was bad. The actual tournament was super short, the only focus being Sairama, Suiryu, Max and Snek. We have Suiryu throwing a jab at heroes on one hand, while we also have comedy on the other hand with Saitama’s punches. Then the two clashes and it’s great. After that we have the amazing Suiryu vs Choze, followed by Suiryu’s descent to despair which was intense. All in all, it’s a rather short arc which has lots of nice ideas, developpement and fights.

some people just have an absolute burning hatred for shounen fags that they can't enjoy any fight that lasts longer than 1 chapter.

TTM vs Garou is good animation. Don't know what you are smoking. There are other things to complain in the season that are truly bad. For example, in the !atest episode, the blood from Metal Bat's face completely disappears from one scene to another but I only see the usual people complaining about pace/direction etc... while nobody noticed this amateur mistake.

I din't say the tournament was bad, it was actually handed really werll with that montage sequence o Genos mirroring fight from the tournament as they breezed through in a single chapter. What I criticize is that al the different viewpoints from all the different events happening at the same time, with Murata's poor schedule while it was happening, made it a slog to experience. Same with Phoenix vs CE.

It's primitive and sketchy but looks good. If ONE's parents never beat him up for drawing and just send him to art school he could have unironically become a good mangaka.

Much as I enjoyed Phoenix Chad, he was at a dead end in terms of (narrative) potential. Plus, he ended up too strong to be ignored and allowed to escape, and the spot for weakened monster sorta kinda turning a new leaf is already taken by Black Sperm and Rover. Adding another one would be too much, specially if you also add Psykos to the list.

While the ninja's also make too many survivors from the monster side, at least you can argue that they have Sonic/Flash related plotshit going for them and they have a chance to exist as not-so-serious antagonists/allies in the future, while Phoenix Man would have the good sense to retire from the monster business and send an try to get hired by Genus or something. The real tragedy here, regarding the ninjas, is that their unironic sad end got totally ruined by bringing them back and turning them into exactly the same type of butthurt gag Saitama orbiters as Sonic and Flash.

It’s too soon to know what ONE will do with the two ninjas. I’m guessing they’ll end up remembering their last moments. It was just a, excuse to leave the place and have a quick gag with Saitama.

>their unironic sad end got totally ruined by bringing them back and turning them into exactly the same type of butthurt gag Saitama orbiters as Sonic and Flash.

Im still confused about this one, Did One really plan that or he changed his mind due to fan feedback ala Kubo when he refused to kill Byakuya?

He totally has plans for the Ninja Village later on.

How hard did JC fuck up for Metal bat vs Garou to be described as a "noting happen episode"

I wont mind it as a mini arc in order reveal the true relationship between Flash and Sonic, and you can insert Shadow Ring as well.

Pure Garou

Attached: 1556902806496.png (500x418, 31K)

Metal Bat looked weak compared to the manga, JCstaff buried the hell out of him, the stuff after MB vs Garou was harmless though.

Good lineart and shading there.

Attached: 1556183572952.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

One Punch Man is only now getting its second season?
Meanwhile Free! has already had its third season done, and one or two movies.

To wank Flashy CHAD.
Seriously what hero besides Tats can beat him?

Attached: 1557323599064.png (600x750, 351K)

You can't have an anime if there is nothing to adapt.

It has to be one of his best shots so far.

Attached: 1557262080718.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

There's been enough material for a season 2 for at least a year

Attached: x15.png (600x848, 515K)

The fuck is this? Fuck off.

It hurts because I've gone through the manga recently and I'm seeing them make a fucking mess of fights that are fresh in my memory and it sucks so bad.

Animator san didnt work in this weeks episode, that explains it all, I hope he does Tats rampage or at least do Fubuki Hellstorm.

I liked Phoenix Man more than the ninja precisely because he had no plot threads after his bit was done. He added to the arc without weighing it down. Particularly since evolution is such a big part of it and how it affects Garou later. It's supplemental to the main plot in a way that the ninja with Sonic and Flash are not.

twitter.com/jumpaoki/status/1116627679980052481

I see, seems that he was ordered to animate Suiryu fights.(the important ones)

They should've kept Ninja bros at around Sonic's power level, who's already S-class level.
Why make them even stronger and able too fodderize Sonic? They would've crushed almost any S class hero besides FF.
It's ridiculous how big the speed gap is now with FF and SoSS.

Saitama didn't have much focus in original webcomic arc to begin with. This also the first time a lot of these characters are given significant screen time. They haven't gotten the chance to develop. People forget that the story hasn't progressed much since the Alien Invasion arc.

anime doesn't get produced in a week.

yeah but it also doesn't take 4 years from the announcement to come out, especially when it's this kind of quality, retard

>They should've kept Ninja bros at around Sonic's power level, who's already S-class level.
Sonic is only on par with Genos, who is within the weakest S-class, alongside PPP and TTM

it wont

>coat with hood
>long sweater
>bare legs
Are you cold or not?

What the heck are you talking about? Sonic defeates the two easily.

Are you dumb or what? When opm s1 finished there wasn't enough content.

2 years then, my point still stands

According to ONE, Genos is in the top of the S class.

Atomic, Darkshine, Bang and Tats would all win.

>Speedblizted so hard he's pissing his pants
Lol

Attached: 1556164215244.png (835x1200, 1003K)

ESL-KUN, PLZs

That'd only be with his latest, anti-Dragon body which apparently can go toe to toe with Flash and not die instantly.
Genos is constantly going upwards.

darkshine wouldn't be able to hit him, but flashy wouldn't be able to damage him either. neither of them win that match up.

He said that a about the newest dragon level update Genos, current manga Genos is weaker than MB, Atomic Samurai, Bang, Darkshine, Flash, Tatsumaki, Child Emperor and WDM

yeah he is almost able to solo a dragon now

ONE said that quote 5 years ago, moron.

>Actually thinks FF would go serious on Keknos, a fellow hero when he didn't against a giant tentacle monster or Gale and Hellfire at first

the webcomic MA arc ended in 2014, retard

Would all win against the ninjas brothers I meant.

Flash doesn't do that "hold back my true power" thing.
He went all out against the giant octopus and the only reason he didn't against the ninja duo is because he didn't have the position to get them both in one hit, and didn't have the means to reengage if the other fled after seeing his buddy instakilled.

His new upgrade just have a higher attack output. He’s still as crappy as usual. Remember how he lost instantly his two arms in the MA war?

I think he was talking about Gale and Hellfire.

>Atomic
Atomic Slash won't hit FF when he's showed to being able dodge a Garou's attack(even if he's holding back MASSIVELY his attacks are still faster than anything Atomic can do with his sword)
>Darkshine or Bang
Stalemates.
>Tats
FF can't get past her barrier if he can resist her telekinesis.

Attached: x2.jpg (600x848, 488K)

>Remember how he lost instantly his two arms in the MA war?
before those upgrade

That Genos' quote "I can handle dragons now" was only a recent chapter". There was a long hiatus after the MA arc.

Genos litterally said his last upgrade is just a higher destruction output. Same shit as usual.

Than that statement is outdated, about half f the S-class are inarguably stronger

> if he can resist her telekinesis.
> if

There is no if. He obviously can’t.

Genos could keep up with Flash, that should put him in the Top tier among the S class imo.

>Just requires a strong will to resist it

ONE just said that Genos is a fairly strong S class. Nothing about being anywhere near the top.

No he can't stop over hyping Jobnos over a non serious scuffle.

You must be making reference to the latest manga upgrade, which is different from the latest webcomic one, which takes place post MA

No you retard, I’m talking about his last webcomic upgrade, go reread it.

> litterally only the three strongest other guys of the cast were able to resist it
> it’s totally just a strong will dude, Mumen would easily tank it

Please post more birbs

He clearly added new feature

Attached: Capture d’écran 2019-05-08 à 20.12.36.png (468x259, 92K)

Wow, that’s for sure THE weapon that can let him no dif dragons.

You are an intellectually bankrupt person

You were arguing he only added destructive power, which is what he said concerning his latest upgrade in the manga, which is based on nothing, saying he has the same durability than in the MA arc is retarded

It's a pretty good fight in many levels. Not only does it give us a practical example of bullshit evolution in preparation for Garou (something that technically is already done by Orochi and Golden Sperm), but it actually shows us something much more important: a monster existence that is tied to a "monster suit", and reverses the monster status once it's destroyed sounds familiar?

On top of that, it's great fight full of cool and funny scenes. Giving it a reread right now, I see now that the redrawn version has some nice visual pottery, with Brave Giant mirroring Phoenix Man's traits (two-faced head with multiple eyes on the torso) and Phoenix Man raising the comparison between himself and Child Emperor's own "suit". Good shit all around.

Attached: 9283552983.jpg (800x1138, 206K)

>a monster existence that is tied to a "monster suit", and reverses the monster status once it's destroyed sounds familiar?

Attached: WDMWc.png (308x242, 37K)

It’s not because Genos’s durability has been consistently shit and not improved through his upgrades.

Possibly. We've yet to see if the second half checks out.

Please don't let the Garou beatdown look shitty

imagine the the ghosting

Attached: Capture d’écran 2019-05-08 à 20.32.23.png (344x255, 108K)

Genos is cute and lovable

Attached: 1557022910141.jpg (600x600, 305K)

Powerlevelfag here, have a fun time shitting on my list as usual

Saitama

1. High god tier
Boros (Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon)

2. Mid god tier
Awaken Garou
Boros

3. Low god tier
Orochi
(Tatsumaki) Tornado of Terror
Golden Sperm

4. High dragon tier
Overgrown Rover
Psykos
Elder Centipede
Evil Natural Water
Flashy Flash
Multi-cell sperm
Superalloy Darkshine
(Bang) Silver Fang / Bomb
Phoenix Man (post millenium emperor nova)
Gouketsu
Carnage Kabuto

5. Mid dragon tier
Black sperm
Child Emperor (brave giant + millennium emperor nova)
Hellfire Flame/Gale Wind
Atomic Samurai
Amai Mask
Marugori
Vaccine Man
Homeless Emperor
Phoenix man (second resurrection)
Metal Bat (fighting spirit max)
Watchdog Man

6. Low dragon tier
Fuhrer Ugly
Melzelgard
Nyan
Gums
Child emperor (brave giant)
Phoenix man (first resurrection)
Metal Bat (fighting spirit)
Bakuzan
Pig God

7. High demon tier
Bug God
G5
Garou (Genos fight)
Genos (Garou fight)
Suiryu
speed of sound sonic
Super mouse
Royal Ripper
Choze
Garou (initial apperence)
Metal Bat (base)
Hundred-Eyes Octopus
Tanktop Master
Awakened Cockroach
Genos (post G4)
Face Ripper
Senior Centipede

8. Mid demon tier
Genos (G4 fight)
G4
Zombieman
Puri-Puri-Prisoner
Deep Sea King / Sky King / Subterranean king /
Genos (DSK fight)
Beast King
Mosquito Girl
Rafflesidon
Vaccuma

9. Low demon tier
Evil Eye
Devil Long Hair
Pureblood
Demonic Fan
Fubuki
Do-S
Eyesight
Genos (HoE arc)
Armored Gorilla
Rhino Wrestler
Iaian
Okamaitachi
Bushidrill
Death Gatling
The Three Crows

10. High tiger tier
Hammerhead (power suit)
Stinger
Kombu infinity
Spring Mustachio
Golden Ball
Lightning Max
Lightning Genji
Electric Catfish Man
Maiko Plasma
Glass
Sneck

Homeless Emperor himself said he was more dangerous than Black Sperm and Evil Natural Water. His explosions are not weak and come in crazy numbers. Just because he has the proximity problem, it's not easy to get up close to him because he doesn't fuck around and posture but opens with "instant death without any resistance". The only person that made him hesitate was King. He should be high dragon.

>Homeless Emperor himself said
aaand stopped taking the comment seriously. oh wow, he said he was stronger than the other cadre? that must mean he totally is!! retard

I tend to not take posting not very seriously, especially in that series, while he got great offence, he's a glass cannon that could get overpowered by the weakest physically S-class in close combat, most high dragon can close the distance fast enough to oneshot him, he works best as a support

*boosting

You can't just arbitrarily "close the distance". He surrounds himself with his spheres in an impenetrable minefield. Zombieman was just already within that.

He can't used them at full power at close distance

The first episode or two was so badly drawn and animated but at least they improved after that. Though the said improvements are still no where near S1's quality. Right now its average at best.

he is just a human with the power to create overwhelmingly powerful explosions, get a sniper rifle on him and he dies in one shot if its not detected.

The jokes are the same as the manga, minus the good timing and delivery.

What do you expect to see?
They basically just play giving paw and then Garou gets hit. That's it. It'll be short and shitty, live with it.

I feel like Overgrown Rover should be Low God Tier, yesterday ive read the webcomic MA arc again and it still surprises all the punishment he gets and still comes out relatively unscathed out of the whole deal. Bang alone destroyed Gums and Furher Ugly in one punch, and the combined of him and Bomb damaged Elder Centipede, and OG completely ignored their other combined attack like it was nothing AFTER he was punched by Garou and Saitama, the only reason it is not the most powerful cadre behind Golden Sperm is it being quite literally a dog.

And you can't just get to close distance without dying.
And ENW is just a waterjet. Either knock it down a tier or raise HE up.

It's good but why not just put each character once at their strongest for readability?

i agree with everything except for the bang thing, even then though im not really disagreeing. bang used abandonment on gums and fuhrer ugly but not on rover because he only uses it in desperate situations

Who wins in a fight, Charanko or Mumen Rider(without the bycicle)?

the art is absolute cancer, and the anime is horrible in every possible way, buy im still watching it for my guy
opm has tons of top tier guys
that just makes it even hotter
see bait != /pol/
the very ones to bitch about them (on Yea Forums as well) are the first ones to bring up off topic politics to begin with, cause theyre playing some retarded culture war bs.
shut the fuck up, dude

how does saitama deal with monsters who don't possess a physical body?

he punches them

vigorously

imagine a ninja village filled with fuckbois

is the only thing carrying this show.

Attached: garou stomp.png (1261x1394, 1.7M)

Thing is, they're probably all dead. Remember how Flash kills everyone from the underworld he finds out about? Remember how fuccbois from the village end up as assassins and bodyguards? Remember ho Sonic's generation is titled "the last"?

Fuccker most likely erased the village.

will murata be able to adapt king breaking his limiter with the quality it deserves?

Attached: kino.png (590x1710, 842K)

If you can fit an enemy's name in the sentence:
"Saitama can punch ___"

Then he can kill it with a punch. It's a comedy, best not to rationalize it.

why are fubuki's clothes so weak

Just like their wearer.

damn, so he technically created a whole group of extremely dangerous assassins roaming the world without supervision and aim.

Nice superhero, looks like a shit created from DC.

could she beat suiryu?

Maybe in bed.

what about martial gorilla

Maybe if she used her telekinesis in an imaginative and effective way. Sometimes I think she's a fucking idiot considering there are situations she could have gotten out of, like floating while her possessed comrades were attacking her. What a dumbass.

what about in bed?

Telekinetic handjob. She wins.

couldn't he just grab her

He would be weakened from the cumming her powers would induce. She could escape without getting pregnant.

from martial gorilla?

Why not?

he seems stronger than her

Maybe she has more bedroom experience.

I'm not sure monsters would even be interested in that

The first season set a very high standard for what to expect from the series quality-wise. Anything less than that was bound to fail.

Attached: 1445322053222.png (454x476, 44K)

fuckin nerd

>shonenfags seething because muh badly animated flights
>I'm still enjoying my SoL/comedy chaiwanese cartoon
Life's good

Attached: エイレーン2.jpg (512x512, 35K)

t. basedboy. Whats wrong cuck? Can't handle a strong woman? That's probably why your into children and loli's, huh? You only like to prey on girls who are less developed than yourself.

Do you ever think bones studio is EVER going to get another anime contract after this shitshow? I think not.

Attached: 1556857336642.png (680x445, 427K)

>bones
I'm confused

>bones studio
?
Yes
Do you ever think... ...is EVER going to get another anime contract after this shitshow?
>...JC SHIT...?
Yeah, raping anime and shitting on source material is what they do for living.

well, there's only one left, and he's the gimpy slow ninja of the group who gets punched in the dick.

>Shueisha threw OPM under the bus because it was proven to be far more popular and better on every level then their moneymaking scheme called Dragon Ball Super.

Hahahahahaahahaahahaahahahaha

>flights
they're not birbs.

People think it's a conspiracy theory, but I think this (or something along these lines) is exactly what happened. There is absolutely no logical explanation for the huge decline in quality from S1 to S2, especially when everyone knew the audience would want a second coming of S1 in S2.

I think a lot of execs. didn't want their products outshone, so, as someone already said, strings were pulled.

i already splurged and bought the entire manga series because i needed to forget about the anime

they would need a godly animator for that, i can't understand how murata conveys the motion so well

Attached: 1543429826983.jpg (2741x4604, 2.52M)

THIS

>it doesn't get amazing up until the Boros fight
Is there such a thing as speed watching? How does it work

i hope this is bait
this is definitely bait

The Suiryu fights are going to look terrible.

Attached: 1548331643439.png (316x490, 108K)

he's murata so yes

JC Staff were trying their hearts out for the first few episodes, but I think they hit their limit already. Honestly surprised at the quality of what we got, didn't think they had it in them.

the fuck does Bones have to do with this?

These do not exist in OPM's world. There are no metaphysical beings, no extradimensional beings, no ghosts, no beings of light or shadow. There is nothing but the material.

can't wait for this to get the metal bat treatment

Attached: 1543834978305.jpg (901x1400, 1.07M)

How does ESP work then?

physical psychic waves

>. There is absolutely no logical explanation for the huge decline in quality from S1 to S2
You mean other than having a completely different director at a different studio with different staff working on it? Because the original one was done by super talented freelancers and there's no way to guarantee all those people will be available in however many years it takes you to get your project ready? What part of this is inexplicable to you? Animators gotta eat, can't just wait around for the dream project season 2 to come around.

It is a telekinetic emanation from the esper to their target.
Apparently the Third Eye can be opened to see into the future, but beyond that, they have no unusual supernatural abilities. Neither Tatsumaki nor Fubuki can read minds or create fire or ice or teleport or anything.

I actually really like the 2nd OP. Maybe even more than the first, honestly. I just think it's ruined by these names/words plastered over it in such a lazy way.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Punch Man S2 - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_02.22_[2019.05.09_02.05.12].jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Maybe you should watch MHA instead, they always post the name plates of every character so your raisin brain can remember

>telekinetic emanation
Sounds like a textbook example of something non-physical to me

but user-kun that’s not carole & chuusday

How? It's effectively little more than a shockwave that can be manipulated. It's purely physical. It picks up physical objects, moves things physically. It is an investment of kinetic force, originating from within the body and shunted outwards along a path.
It's 100% physical. It's supernatural since you normally can't control how kinetic energy moves with your mind, but still physical.

no

So you're telling me Tatsumaki's powers are caused by her literally physically sending waves through the air? How?
Like, what is the cause-and-effect relationship between what she is doing and, say, a skyscraper being lifted into the air?
Put yet another way, what physical process is she performing to apply the """kinetic force""" (whatever that means) that you speak of?

I will suck off the dick of any fag Still thinking JC is "saving the budget" for the important fights after the metal bat crap, which was a featured scene in the opening. Firstly animation isn't about throwing money at it. It's all about caring about it and having enough talented people drawing. Apparently animator-san fucked off after the Tanktop fight and even then it was merely a decent 30 seconds segment.

So stop having hope. That's not happening. The episodes are being done on a weekly basis, nothing will change for Garou vs A class heroes, it'll be a rushed mess. Have despair instead.

Just watched the new episode and was not that bad, most of the QUALITY was stuff was on screen around 1 sec or less. Was expecting stuff like Overload 3 level of QUALITY but nope, JC Staff is still good.

>I will suck off the dick
Just made this webm

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Punch Man S2 - 05 [720p]-[15.00.942-15.06.072].webm (686x588, 266K)

Attached: 1534804636804.jpg (295x362, 27K)

>no ghosts
From audio-book
"Saitama thought Tatsumaki was a lost little kid and Tatsumaki called him a balding samurai and thought he was a ghost when her powers didn't work on him."
I mean ghosts were never revealed, and it's an obvious joke but there was also Evil Eye
Just like in Mob Psycho, this is what connects both series.

Attached: 178966454.png (800x1150, 1.3M)

Wrong picture

Attached: 1790564.jpg (800x1138, 309K)

>Apparently animator-san fucked off after the Tanktop fight
Either that or the nigga did only a few fights in the season.
Even in episodes 4 and 5 you see some quality frames obviously done by a talented key animator but shoehorned into scenes with insufficient number of in-between frames. Who the fuck knows what's going on, the only logical explanation is that they didn't complete enough inbetween frames to account for a decently directed fight.

so how come they chose to animate Murata version over the webcomic? It baffles me, even mob got a proper treatment.

Mob doesn't have a manga redraw. Also I imagine its easier for animators to transition from Murata's version to anime.

Are you stupid? It’s not simply two versions, the manga is official and commercial. The webcomic is just a free, much less known, webcomic. Mob Psycho wasn’t a webcomic but a proper serialized manga, that’s why it has tankobon.

Because they wanted to push out Season 2 and Madhouse was busy.

Fact is, JC Staff have the reputation they do not because they're low budget (Season 2 actually cost about the same amount as Season 1 to make) but because they take on way too many projects at once then rush them all
While other studios might be working on 2, MAYBE 3 shows at the same time JC Staff averages 5-6 shows in simultaneous production. They're the fucking McDonalds of the anime industry.

>badhouse was busy
More like the bones freelancers were busy. Without them badhouse is even worse than JC

>Atomic Slash won't hit FF when he's showed to being able dodge a Garou's attack(even if he's holding back MASSIVELY his attacks are still faster than anything Atomic can do with his sword)
headcanon but ok
>Bang
I don't know chief, one block by Bang and the reversal could be ending the fight

Phoenixman?

The art is QUALITY.

What are you one? The manga gets a chapter per month pretty regularly. When the delay is longer is usually because the chapter is longer too.

Fucking unironically believing that shit-tier Boros is more powerful than Orochi. Unironically believing that Awaken Garou is more powerful. I mean maybe he will be, but the Orochi as shown so far, has already demonstrated that it is more powerful than the Awakened Garou in the Webcomic.

>1. High god tier
>Boros (Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon)
>2. Mid god tier
>Awaken Garou
>Boros
>3. Low god tier
>Orochi
>(Tatsumaki) Tornado of Terror
>Golden Sperm

No the reason why this season looks like ass is because it is handled by a different team there is no conspiracy theory

Maybe DO-S will show up in the webcomic now?

Attached: 74634553_p0.jpg (690x680, 85K)

what, why?

Swap vaccine man and rover. The latter doesn't have the feats to be put higher than the former, unless you are counting rover's durability. Even then, I think that in sheer power vaccine is still much higher.

man this thread is just filled with silly baits today, more so than usual.

>Even then, I think that in sheer power vaccine is still much higher.
He didn't show being stronger than Rover at all, though.

He's much more dangerous because he actively seeks killing humans, though.

Why is S2 called an anime when there is 0 animation? Might as well call it a slide show.

Attached: 1526547778998.png (480x482, 337K)

Left or right?

Attached: tat.jpg (828x299, 63K)

It's called S2 because it's ass, too

left

Yes to all this. The main problem of this show is the direction, which is amateurish at best. Sometimes you are watching the episode, something happens and you get confused because you don´t know how it happened. This kills action scenes, jokes and even fucking static exposition scenes.

Because she is cute and it would be a funny joke if she became Saitama's maid that was forced to clean his apartment. There is even a possible reason i the story for this to happen as it in the recent chapter was mentioned that there was an organization that captured mysterious beings, enslaved them and then sold them as pets/slaves to people. That's the perfect way Saitama could get himself a maid.

Same predictable shit like the first season.

They were not able to hit him retard.

You would also lose motivation if you were being nitpicked even when you tried your best (episode 3)

The Manga will always sell because ONE's writing and Murata's artwork are amazing but the anime looks DOA. If they redo S2 with the same people in S1 maybe. I doubt it though, they already had so much trouble trying to get the current season started.

Based on online comments, a lot of people are already giving up on the anime after the Metal Bat v Garou fight.

Studio Bones or Fubooty dies!!!!

>art school

Imagine being Sweetmask and capturing DO-S and having a legal torture slave. Violate and abuse her anytime and no one would care because she's a monster. That'd be weird and funny haha

This honestly. Those were the dudes really responsible for S1 being kino.

Why was ONE so anxious to push it out though? Not like he needs money that bad considering his manga sell tens of millions.

Because money

Felt like drawing best Hobo.

Attached: hoboemperor.jpg (1060x1500, 777K)

Attached: manga-opm2-comparison.png (1000x655, 910K)

Both are perfect.

>Making a tier list
>Putting some random weak monsters above WDM

Attached: itstimeteostopposting.png (307x269, 104K)

>We waited years for this budget-quality animation

Attached: oh.png (423x410, 3K)

With the right OST, right pic would look very menacing.

kinda like seeking the greatest thrill in a fight, but it ends in one punch

It's bad. I don't fucking care about these shit characters. More punch man, less metal bat faggots.

there are 3 now thanks to phoenix guy

once again this just proves that manga >>>> dog shit >>> anime

we NEED another board to filter the shit eating plebs

bad sound design, bad action scenes, pacing all over the place, QUALITY everywhere.

Attached: jc staff.png (1920x1080, 800K)

what the fuck is with the 2006 power point backgrounds?

half of the MB vs Garou fight had that red gradiant. They didn't feel like bothering putting proper backgrounds it seems.

is genos x tatsumaki canon?

any news on the next webcomic chapter?

Attached: 1549999155201.jpg (1051x461, 279K)

Why do nips tolerate such abhorrent animation quality for such major properties?

Berserk, One Piece, this. So many huge sellers that have anime that is such amazingly bad quality.

Surely what should happen is the major publishers of these properties should commission the animation, take one look at the quality of the product and then tell the animation studio to go fuck themselves for producing such unsellable trash? How does this not happen?

what, no

Someone PLEASE teach J.C Staff how to stop making god awful blurry outlines where they don't belong.

I think the season is pretty good, but the tournament pacing is too slow. I feel like Saitama will still be fighting in that tournaments by the end of the season, they need to get on with it.

imagine if madhouse with Shingo Natsume one of the reasons why s1 looked so good animated garou vs saitama, it would be absolutely kino

Attached: x6.gif (600x848, 963K)

>one of the reasons why
he was basically the only reason, he was the one who brought in all the freelancers etc on favours

Tomorrow or Sunday

One Punch Man

OP Man

Overpowered Man

As this irrelevant filler faggot deserves

full of shit

>replying to some teens shitting threads up with their meaningless power level bs
God I wish all these people died.

Why are we still here?

Attached: 1557416463169.png (295x277, 108K)

does anybody know at what stage the season will end, is it gonna end with the garo fight?

imagine losing your mind over comedy anime lmao

i agree that s2 is mostly fine, but only because we were spoiled with how damn good s1 was.

The manga makes sanic look really gay and sexy, how is it in one's webcomic?

Sauce?

me

I don't even know what point you're trying to make. Nothing about season 2 is making me laugh, nothing about season 2 is visually impressive, there were the only two things season 1 had going for it.

You tell me, wtf does this story have going for it besides that? There is nothing that I can come up with to talk about in this post.

BUMP

not him but why you think it's either one of them?

>Season 2
This adaption is shit. I'm not talking about the anime, nor the manga. I'm talking about the original webcomic which is completely different at this point. No Tournament arc or Monster Invasion, and it is much further in the story. The best arc in the series has yet to be fully adapted.
> wtf does this story have going for it besides that?
Worldbuilding. After the Monster Association is over, the world has been expanded on much more. Conflict within the Hero Association and the individual factions of heroes. Blast is revealed. The backstory of Psycho sisters is touched upon, with a possible link to Shibabawa's prophecy. A cosmic threat known as "God" known has been teased. Bofoi's ulterior motives. Along with a lot of other plot threads.

S1 wasn't even exceptionally good outside of episodes 1 and 12, which just goes to show how how everyone has fucked up standards. S2 is actually WORSE than what the critics rate it.

Interesting. But in keep with what this thread is actually about I am Judging the anime and the anime is shit this season. I also don't really like ONE's style so I'm probably never going to read the webcomic.

>Bang
>Moving at the speed of light

Attached: 1392943052000.gif (241x200, 316K)

Do we get a chapter tomorrow or what?

Why does Japan lag behind the rest of the world so much???
Here in America, when you buy a Spiderman comic, it's in FULL COLOR.
The Japanese are too lazy to do that, so they make it black and white

and even if they're doing it for money they know very well that they need to make their popular shit look good a

I just hope this current S2 at least gets to the part where Tatsumaki crushes the Psychic eyeball guy.

Hello friends, I have two questions

What's happening in the manga right now? I started reading it back when I started watching S1 and got to this tournament, how much has it progressed since then?
Any other anime that has animation like S1? Humor is a plus but not necessary

Because of pic related.

Attached: cap_[Erai-raws] One Punch Man (2019) - 04 [1080p AVC-YUV444P10][Multiple Subtitle]_00_20_42_85.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

overlord S1 has the same animation quality but the rest of the seasons are hot CGI garbage

Mob psycho has bretty gud animation though it's not on the level of S1 just close.

The 'Garou saga' in the manga basically consists of hero hunting,tournament,monsters invading the cities and heroes raiding the monster base. We're now around halfway (probably less) through that final monster association arc.

>tournament,monsters invading the cities and heroes raiding the monster base. We're now around halfway (probably less) through that final monster association arc
It's just one arc and it makes sense to call it the Tournament arc because all of it takes place on the day of the tournament, and it's where the main character of the series spends his panel time.

It's actually weird when you have some 100 times more popular manga relative to the average and with that success you cant afford someone to color it.

Yes, a good point is to make the anime as bad as possible.
In envy and spite of ONE, who made a simple webcomic but is now very successful.
The jealousy is very strong so they wanted to damage one punch man, and hopefully ONE

maybe ONE was forced to do it.
He was threatened to destroy the reputation of the show

I wonder if those people would be paid more than animators.

If you were to pay someone less than animators at that point you'd expect UN to intervene for human rights violations.

>I also don't really like ONE's style so I'm probably never going to read the webcomic.
Brainlets aren't welcome.

And best ugmon.

Attached: fuhrer1.jpg (1060x1500, 960K)

black and white give more soul.
read french comics not american crap

It's related to their magazine and book papers. It would be way, way more expensive to have color pages.

Don't most people read digitally anyways?

Dude, where do you think they get the money? Of course the books sells a fucktons, it's the main source of income.

What exaclty is the appeal of this series?
I tried to get into it through season 1 and though the animation was gorgeous, like over 1/3rd of it was "enemy shows up, Saitama doesn't oneshot them for whatever reason, and then eventually does". The characters are fun but none of them strike me as particularly developed/interesting, and then Genos would if he weren't so obviously meant to be a parody like Saitama is. The plot itself doesn't feel like it goes anywhere either, though the Mumen Rider bits and the ending with Boros were cool.

Why exactly do you read/watch this series? The art/animation is nice but it feels like it doesn't really have a particular "center" like I thought Mob Psycho did. Not in villains, or characters, or plot. Does Season 2 improve on this somehow, or at least the chapters in the manga that Season 2 cover?

Past 2 years the appeal has been a hero goes and fights a bad guy, then the hero wins. Then you get to speculate on who would win vs who, and what the power rankings are.

The publisher of the print version, Shueisha, probably has subsidiary rights to the OPM manga. Which means they can produce an anime without ONE's consent. Not that ONE necessarily gives a shit, he has no obligations regarding the manga itself so he's free to write it however he wishes and take as many breaks as Togashi does.

Even ONE didn't know what the point of OPM was when he started it. Having read both the webcomic and the manga, I think the "center" you're talking about formed between the latter half of the MA raid in the webcomic and the start of the tournament arc in the manga. They were the first instances of longer and more elaborate stories in OPM.

>Not in villains, or characters, or plot.

You're totally wrong about that. While MP100 just have a few characters like Reigen and Dimple, OPM also have a much more solid and interesting cast. ONE introduces the monster association which switches the format to a much longer arc than short ones. If you liked what he did with Sea King and Mumen Rider, it will keep going in that kind of direction. ONE is great at combining seriousness and comedy.

Genos might be a very comedic character but he still have a his serious sides. The setting has always been serious but ONE gives less screentime to Saitama to showcase more that, which makes the contrast when Saitama does his stuffs all the better.

Attached: 003.jpg (1157x1736, 214K)

the story for season 1 was really meh

Don't remove the watermark, it could be stolen.

Really good, made me care about rando monster

> The OG MA cadres of all monsters
> random

Attached: 52a.png (341x252, 125K)

I don't get why some people think that Saitama has to be the only interesting or relevant element in OPM. The name of the series isn't some ancient chinese curse that compels the writing. OPM is just as much about the world it's set in as it is about its main character.

>ONE introduces the monster association
But they're boring. I can't take the Monster Organization seriously as villains. They're just not relatable, they're just a bunch of assholes that like killing and destroying stuff and have no real goal other than to kill and destroy.
They're the most boring kind of antagonist imaginable, villains who do evil because they're evil.
The heroes are only being challenged on a physical level, Garou is the only villain in this series that has any real depth and presents an actual challenge to the ideology of the heroes (even if I strongly disagree with everything he says, I understand why somebody would think like him).

People can be really autistic. I guess that's how it lead to Dragon Ball becoming a Goku & Vegeta wankfest. They're seemingly right away telling themselves that if it doesn't have Saitama/Genos it's not worth it.

>They're just not relatable, they're just a bunch of assholes that like killing and destroying stuff and have no real goal other than to kill and destroy.
Putting aside the idea that antagonists have to be relatable, you're not even correct. The various monsters are distinguished from each other in personality and in motivation.

They all have the same motivation and personality
>I am the fucking strong, I'm gonna wreck shit

That's a very limited way to see things. Yes, monsters in OPM are violent by instinct which puts them against humanity, but it doesn't makes them uninteresting. Plenty have noticeable personalities. Black Sperm didn't end up 4th ranked of the Webcomic popularity poll for nothing.

Attached: 122.jpg (800x1138, 228K)

I want one to explore more of saitama depressing side..
plus We need more tats at least she told the mc to shut the fuck up, man that was refreshing and made her best girl immediately.

Attached: btfo.jpg (600x848, 129K)

>Putting aside the idea that antagonists have to be relatable,
I probably used the wrong word. Understandable is more what I meant. I do not relate to gangsters, but I understand why they do what they do: they're greedy and want money and power, and are willing to use violence and any underhanded method to gain money and power. With monsters, I don't understand them, they're just violent assholes that have power, and all they seem to want to do is kill all humans and destroy everything, when it would be far more logical for them to want to rule over humans as tyrants.

>I am the fucking strong
That is not a motivation.

a recurring theme in OPM is frustration. The monsters are usually frustrated humans that mutated, not just simple monsters. Since they had nothing before, their new strenght is now what matters to them and they want to feel good by using it.

Even after becoming a monster, Fuhrer Ugly still reads books to be popular with girls. It's a bit sad.

Attached: fuhrer.png (377x1251, 307K)

who cares about monster when we know they cant even kill heroes no matter how silly the situation?

The quality of a character depends of their kill count now?

How come there aren't any monsters that chose to become heroes instead? You'd think at least a few people who somehow became monsters would choose to use their powers to become rich and popular heroes.

WDM, Pig God and Zombieman

Because, as Genus explained, speed reader faggot, when you become a monster, you lose humanity.

>when it would be far more logical for them to want to rule over humans as tyrants.
Tyrants are known to kill their subjects for various reasons. That's already been brought up in OPM anyway. Gouketsu spoke of a utopia where monsters rule the world and are free to do whatever they wish, but that doesn't mean just killing people. What about that guy who just wanted to molest women with his tongue? And more than that, Gouketsu came with the offer to turn people into monsters so they could join the fight to create this brave new monster civilisation.

They're not called monsters for nothing. It's a transformation that comes from negative frustration and which makes you more violent. It's a bit like asking why zombies can't be nice (though it's nowhere near that extreme with monsters, they still have plenty of emotions and can think).

The leader of the monster association is a psychopathic woman who wants to destroy humanity because she saw something in the future that me her lose any hope in humanity for unexplained reasons (so far).

Attached: dc4xls5-da8ab675-a8c6-4106-bd63-5c16b5eb952e.jpg (1276x900, 555K)

Is this guy faster than sonic ninja

Kinda like me browsing the internet in 2019.
Man I wish everyone just died.
ONE is good at representing reality in his works.

Test

Of course, this is a battle manga, of course
Fuck character development
Fuck actual motivations
Fuck what they live for and aspire for
If they job theyre bad
If they win theyre great

Attached: 1557344143240.gif (368x368, 2.32M)

Yeah, but only the leader knows that. The grunts know nothing about this, they just want to destroy and kill wantonly.

It's fnny because the main appeal is in the season being currently butchered by JC Staff. Once Saitama gets his own gang (more regulars like Genos) it's just stupid fun to see them having casual interactions. Also with the CO protagonist Garou we get a real story with him trying to hunt down heroes while he himself is being hunt down.

it's good enough for them. Read Destroying stuffs if the only way to have fun that they know. In a way they're very similar to Saitama. Some aren't even that violent but as monsters they're better off without humanity or as the winners at least, so they follow the MA which has chances of beating humanity.

The power system in this series is weird.

reading the volumes, I think the bonus chapters adds a lot as it allows to go back to small stories focused on Saitama. Too bad the Anime removes them.

You can just mildly retain some sanity after transforming. Homeless Emperor however seemed fully conscious but he isn't a proper monster, just a human with powers like tatsumaki

A reminder that Boros wipe out a entire city off the map A city full of civilians with no escape,A pure human genocide, A true villain, the strongest alien, the strongest monster.

Attached: boros.png (640x360, 542K)

he's so bored that he gives litterally no fuck about innocent being slaughtered.

Anybody thought that the latest episode was a bit worse due to the golden week?

Most heroes don't really have "superpowers", they just trained really hard and became superhumanly strong/fast, and sometimes use weapons. Espers like Tatsumaki are the exception, as well as that guy with vines growing out of his head.

We know that the police story is in since the opening shows saitama doing the fingergun to the gum monster, although i wonder where the fuck are they going to put it, timeline-wise

Phoenix Man aspired to become the king of the monsters. Rhino Wrestler wanted to be the strongest (a surprisingly rare motivation among monsters, actually). Great Food Tub was driven by constant hunger. Kombu Infinity wanted notoriety. Even Crabrante's main interests were presumably eating crab legs and sleeping, he was only after the buttchin kid because of the marker incident and not because he had some unbearable bloodlust. The common thread among monsters is that they don't care about the consequences of their individual pursuits.

The opening has random moments from various bonus chapters for flavor, they are not getting adapted.

It's the opposite. They're in the opening because they won't be adapted.

A real hero and alien being

>main villain is just an overpowered for no reason average human
>tournament arc
it's garbage

>main villain is just an overpowered for no reason average human
>main character is literally the same
So you've always hated OPM I take it?

wow this season really won't have anything good huh

>They're just not relatable
They are honorable, noble warriors for peace you anti-monster, prejudiced bigot.

Attached: 12908866.png (835x1200, 797K)

what chapter was this?

I think it's either 78 or 79.

It's 78

I’m still pissed they completely ruined this joke by adding some hesitation on mantis’ part

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rKJjxprA4&t=969s
Same thing happens in the sub

Attached: A36881ED-BB3A-4C80-A80A-FB916CF7E556.jpg (1066x1600, 674K)

I disagree. You can see that One Punch Man could've ended at the end of House of Evolution, it even had a super powerful enemy that we've never seen before and the trick that Saitama was being challenged, then the last line was from the scientist Genus
>I'm done with evolution. It seems I'm the one who has to change
OPM could've honestly ended right there but from then on we got introduced to a bunch of new characters starting with Sonic and we got alot of subtle details pointing towards the Monster Association and Garou foreshadowing. Seems like ONE had the story figured out till the end of the MA raid and then tried doing a bit more with Tatsumaki vs Saitama and a bit of KING before he ran out of ideas. Seems like this big hiatus for a few years gave him enough time to really decide where to take the series now that we're seeing webcomic updates again.

Unironically better than Murata's. He can't draw ugly people so his fuhrer looks far too cute and not nearly repulsive.

or its because murata's isnt nearly as detailed as this standalone headshot

I think that it's intended. He looks ugly cute when doing nothing but once he goes in battle he quickly gets much uglier and digusting looking as he uses more power. It's in line with how he can mutate himself in the webcomic, but just like Garou transforming into a monster, it would happen by by bit.

Flashy cant do that either, so what is your point?

Based. TGSmurf > Murata

Even the next episode preview is the laziest shit. It's just 1 frame and episode title.

To be fair, s1 previews were litterally nothing besides the title a,d a character talking.

And that's more creative than a single frame and episode title.

>It's just 1 frame and episode title.
Episodes are not finished my friend, there is nothing to show :)
>TGSmurf > Murata
Most of Smurf's drawings are disgusting so I guess it was way easier for him to redraw fuhrer. It looks like his specific natural speciality, the talent for drawing ugly things that works only in this one context surpassed Murata's raw skill. It makes sense.
But even a cranky nitpicky ass like me can honestly write:
>TGSmurf>JC trash's CGI departament(or whoever made "centichoro")
youtu.be/Zb_mnqDUVy8
It's great work, Elder in this mere seconds established his presence much better than grandma bug produced by JC in 2 episodes. He looks intimidating, menacing, dangerous and ,of course, unspeakably hideous.
So if you are reading this frenchie smurf, I recommend you to focus on intentionally ugly shit, you have potential.

Attached: angry grandma.jpg (1280x720, 264K)

Okay fag.

Attached: A6AC1871-B90B-4AD0-9E31-5477BEDC93CE.jpg (2496x2000, 1.25M)

Show your work.
Oh wait you're a talentless hack like ONE

>Show your work
No way fag this is Yea Forums not /ic/
>talentless hack
Yes, but I'm also lazy, self-haiting, complainer that's what i've learned thanks to painting.

Attached: glennfeel.gif (300x328, 19K)