How do you read manga?

Your computer?
Phone?
Tablet?
Kindle?
Actual physical manga?

currently use either my phone or laptop and it's annoying af. looking for a good tablet for manga + anime

Attached: file.png (980x552, 841K)

I get my scribe to write them out on my clay tablets.

The iPad is without a doubt the best way to read manga.

If its avaible on my country I buy them and read the actual physical copies
if not I just read it on my computer

I use MangaMeeya on my computer.
I feel like you can't really appreciate 2-page spreads, as a whole, on smaller screens.

Physical if the translation isn't garbage. Otherwise I read on my tablet. I haven't tried reading with a kindle or other readers, but I assume it's a pain in the ass if you use your own .zips.

Tachiyomi on my phone.

based

Attached: 1557097869915.jpg (653x461, 29K)

Based

smoke signals and peyote

What position do you read your manga on the tablet in?

>Your computer?
Check
>Tablet?
Check
>Kindle?
I plan on getting an e-reader, but it will probably be a chinese brand since I think it would be nice to have tachiyomi on it(some of them run android).

Attached: reading manga.jpg (838x350, 32K)

You have to convert manga to read it on an e-reader. It's a pain in the ass and I just gave up on it.

I got an old ipad 1 for free when my dad bought a newer one. it's fantastic
I also have one of my monitors on a rotating stand and I use that on occasion, but I do prefer using the tablet
I don't know if I'd recommend getting an ipad 1 specifically, since application selection is incredibly limited and any time mangadex changes their site there's a risk of not being able to access it, but I'd definitely recommend an ipad or another 4:3 tablet

I use my phone since i can use it anywhere I want, anytime I want.
whenever I'm waiting for something I can just pull it out (the phone too) and read one or two chapters in the meanwhile

Attached: 1552422065187.jpg (225x350, 53K)

with my eyes

i stream my manga from websites and read on a computer

Tachiyomi while in bed

Attached: 1554335049029.jpg (262x206, 12K)

/ˈmɑːŋɡə/

Comfy level:Max

been using the second version of the nexus 7 with tachiyomi

shit's perfect

I cant really stand reading on my pc and i only have an og ipad so i have to decompress, rename and the convert to pdf in order to read manga. I would buy physical but translations to my language are dreadful. And getting english translations is way too overpriced here

PC in bed.

65" 4K HDR OLED TV

get comic storm. it works on the ipad 1 and it's not bad. it can read zips, rars, cbz etc, and you can turn your ipad into an local server and upload stuff to it from your computer
some official english scans are too high quality, so you still have to use something like irfanview to batch resize, but I've never had that problem with fan scans
also it crashes if you have too much manga on there, but I'm sure you're used to that with whatever pdf reader you're using. I know that's also a problem with books on the kindle application

I just got an iPad pro 11" from my company so im using that. Had to buy ComicGlass since I didnt want to bother with any of the free apps. Loving it so far

Attached: 20190503_232826.jpg (1120x2016, 298K)

Tablet. But it's getting increasingly hard to download manga. Goddess is next to useless, mangadex keeps trying to stop any program which I use to download, groups don't upload to filestorage and few have IRC these days; fewwer still XDCC bots.

It's just casualfaggotry on online readers now. Guess that's no surprise considering the way the internet has changed.

Attached: spooky_rage.gif (475x347, 486K)

Companies like Shueisha/viz are teaming up to make their own apps now. The shounen jump thing they're doing now is $2 a month and has everything ever printed in shounen jump.

Manga piracy is dying out. Slowly but still.

Android tablet, shit is comfy

>iPad
>apps
what a fucking tool.

>$2
this killed scanlation

>piracy is dying out
No, its because stupid newfags want to use all their other fancy devices that aren't PCs, so they get to waste all of their money of proprietary programs that run on proprietary operating systems because you cucked yourself when you bought your "device" that you can't even put your own OS on without jumping through a massive amount of hoops. Its like buying a car and you have to only drive on the special roads made for your car and can't put anything in it that isn't name brand.

Piracy isn't dying out, its just that the newer generations have no clue that they're technological sheep.

>old man yells at cloud.jpg

Laptop for keeping up, physical copies for comfy re-reading.

I read it on my computer, reading on my phone seems retarded and I don't have a tablet or kindle. Physical copies are too expensive

Attached: UzakiMonster.png (307x312, 79K)

Tell your company to get me one

>How do you read manga?
I don't.

(you)

Get Samsung Tab S3 Or Huawei media pad M5

My PC. I'm confortable the most when sitting and looking straigth

Still using mangameeya on my shitty, old laptop.

Attached: 1.png (192x192, 12K)

I like how the look on their faces is that of contempt.

Got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A just for manga reading.

No regrets.

Tablet. Just ordered a samsung s5e since my old huawei medipad m3 has some burn-in now. Almost 3 years I had that bad boy, it was the perfect size for reading manga with one hand too. Afraid this one might be too big, but I'll adapt eventually.

Attached: 1549960626188.png (477x625, 257K)

This. Or sometimes I buy and read the physical copy that released in my country.

>burn-in
That's why IPS is better than OLED.

>Actual physical manga?
Always without fail, and if a manga is not officially licensed and/or sold out i compile my own manga omnibi and have a company print them on hardcovers, (and that shit is usually even as expensive as buying a new manga)
My most recent self made is Boku Girl which i've split into 4 books.

>has everything ever printed in shounen jump

where the fuck is eyeshield 21

phone and laptop for the most part but ill buy and read physical copies for ongoing manga that i really enjoy like dead dead demon and houseki no kuni

>trying to hunt down raws or obscure manga on some godforsaken Russian or Chinese sites
>instead of buying it from an official source in few seconds for few bucks in digital format or from a local store in physical format, while saving tons of time and nerves
What was this thing about jumping through a massive amount of hoops?

Tablet, I use media365reader, wich is a shitty application but lets me read pdf off line. Besides I didn't can't find better.

>and has everything ever printed in shounen jump.
So fucking nothing worth reading then. 90% of decent manga is shit that major companies don't know exists and that's why scanlation dying is a problem.

Based
this is me but for light novels

cope

show proof

mangarock on the ipad (actually paid for the app, I hate ads),
physcal manga

>Kindle
isn't reading manga on those tiny kindle screens any good? I have a paperwhite, but never thought that reading manga on it was any good

>Likebook Mars
>Android(Tachiyomi)
>Micro SD card slot
>7.8 inches screen
>Fast refresh option

Is this a good way? i saved that reco from an old thread and i was now thinking about buying something to read, would it be good for reading normal books to? i would like to have some f.lux shit or something so i can read in the bed late at night.

Cellphone and tablet, but mostly in my phone

on my kobo h2o, it's pretty comfy. I have to zoom in a bit to be able to read the kanji at times though.

Reading in bed with a tablet holder made of pvc is very comfy and not huddled over a desk is great. Damn shame that the older manga is getting harder to find/get, fucking sucks.

i have a mediapad 10+ which weighs like 620gram and i consider it too heavy to hold in one hand for any extended time. am i weak? should i change posture?

I like using my kindle, but the small screensize and compression fucks up the shading on some manga.

>reading
Fucking nerds

so like..how do you read manga on a tablet..u just use google or what

Neko on my S8+

Tachiyomi (I know Neko is a fork) is pointless if I can't read from MangaDex.

I don't see me buying a tablet ever. And I don't think I'm going to upgrade my phone before 5G becomes the standard.

Physical manga is pointless if it's not widely available like in Japan unless you're into collecting. But in my case I would just throw them into the garbage after reading.

Attached: 1556982601949.jpg (709x1000, 83K)

Reading mangas on Manga Rock on my tablet is absolute perfection. The smoothness when you scroll down while reading and the quality of the scans are incredible.Also you can find any manga you think of on that site (trust me I've tried). I would be extremely sad if copyright shit shuts it down.

hello shill-kun

It's just about the best way short of physical copies. If you really want to splurge, the same company released the likebook mimas, which is the Mars but gigantic and more powerful. You'll never have to zoom in ever again with those 10 inches.

i never had any real problems reading on my paperwhite, except for the very rare cases where some text is especially tiny.

There's a million other sources besides mangadex on tachiyomi though. While none of them are as good individually, you can mix and match to find the best for each title. I think I only have two titles that are sub-par quality and when I checked mangadex, theirs was shit too. And plus you can migrate sources so easily you can just wait until it maybe hopefully one day isn't ddosd and just migrate everything to it again.

Yeah, but I wouldn't bother looking for the best.

MangaDex it's not the best of the best on everything but it's not utter garbage either.

A tablet or some obscure device maybe better for reading manga but I don't care. A phone is good enough for everything, not just reading manga.

my nexus died :(

On my computer with a dedicated portrait monitor.

It wouldn't work if the scanlators didn't intentionally texture their work so that it creates artifacting once compressed.
I get that they're tilted that online manga reader sites steal their stolen stuff, but compressed jpegs are obviously better for online consumption. As it is I've got to cache 20 pages to ensure a smooth reading experience.
Some manga exists in superior quality to official releases, and there are certainly better readers than those apps.

for you who only read battle shounen shit, maybe.

Who are you kidding, the library of official content is comparatively tiny.

Get one of those cheap windows tablet so you can also play eroge on it

pc and physical

My nigga

Are there any good, affordable, e-readers similar to the Kobo Aura HD but that can run Android so I can run Tachiyomi on it?

Only good taste in thread.

So are tablets actually good for manga? I feel like they're too small compared to a monitor.

With all my devices. In bed and bath it's usually tablet or phone, in workroom and office a desktop computer, and in the sauna paper.
Never used a kindle though. Don't even know what this thing is good for. Weird neutered off-standard tablet with limited functionality and unasked-for contractual commitments to Amazon or whoever else owns this brand. What's the point? Is there anything this device can do that a Chinese $20-tablet can't do better?

They only expend power when changing the image on the screen so the battery can last up to a month of reading.

mangadex for free scanlation and kobo/kindle>calibre>windows photo viewer for raw manga.
I buy every physical manga that's not scanlated to English. mostly moe, axed short kuso shounen manga and rare shoujo manga.
the localization in my country is actually pretty good.

Attached: 1520049562583.png (1200x1194, 1.11M)

Kindle or Tablet? The Tablet hurt my eyes but the screen size of the Kindle is too small.

Attached: tablet_or_ereader.png (972x534, 89K)

Tachiyomi mangadex has been fixed with the introduction of webview. Just open webview once there's a 403.

Computer at home
Phone if I'm away from home for more than a day
Physical if I really like the series and it's available in Burgerland

I have a old iPad 3rd gen. No useless update, always disconnected from the internet. Just one app to read manga. This shit is 7 years old and still does wonders.

>Never used a kindle though
Kindles are shit for everything besides reading actual books, max comfy for that though.

>and unasked-for contractual commitments to Amazon or whoever else owns this brand
I dont even use the Amazon store, converting books to Kindle format is literally 2 clicks

>Is there anything this device can do that a Chinese $20-tablet
I get headaches if I spend most of a day reading on a non e-ink screen

Computer if it's ongoing and released weekly and physical if it already finished.

I read on the go on my phone using a scrapper app

physical manga, tablet and my PC

based

same. contrary to anime, manga is actually fairly cheap. it's like 6 or 7 bucks for 200 pages

>af
Kill yourself.

Tachiyomi on tablet.
Downloading mango is for Retards.

>I get headaches if I spend most of a day reading on a non e-ink screen
Check your video screens for unnecessarily high brightness settings. Too much light strains the eyes and causes headaches. If the screen area is not exposed to direct sunlight (and it shouldn't be), 0-20% of the maximal brightness is often enough. Manufacturers usually set the default value to 50, some even to 100. Makes the device look better in a well-lit shop window or display case.

Like this

Attached: 1550856443047.png (722x666, 251K)

PC + CDisplay/CDisplayEx

Manages my manga library with calibre on home server. Reads them on surface