Scanlation Thread

What's with all the ESL stealing the english translations?

Attached: 1440261108030.png (300x295, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/diytranslations
pastebin.com/2midtYPn
ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/index.html
sensescans.com/index.php?topic=3260.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>stealing

It's not stealing if they're not official.

t. guido
The translator owns the rights to the translation not the translated form.

>Watching with subs
EOPs cant even learn japaneese nowadays. Just how pathetic can you be

>The translator owns the rights to the translation
I don't think they do, not even when it's the official translation.

>Scanlation Thread
>subs

Attached: 5498.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Reminder if your chapters don't get at the VERY least 10k views, you are working on an irrelevant manga.

but I like my irrelevant manga

Meraki is now legal. Fucking crunchyroll 2.0

According to copyright laws and such they do. You can translate a manga chapter and put up the text but not scanlate the actual manga legally

Attached: 1492494339761.jpg (1800x1012, 580K)

5-10k is the comfy zone

>According to copyright laws and such they do.
Well you certainly sound like an expert, what with all your high falutin' corporate law speak.

>Hey guys, lately we've been working on some projects for WebcomicsApp
Are they gonna continue working on their manga?

I usually dont get into scanlation Drama and shit like that, but right now Im kinda tired of seeing so many .1, .2, .3 Chapters, and Kireicake is dividing chapters just to get more traffic in his site.

And picking up random isekai crap but hey, it's all for his dear mommy.

We need a private tracker/forum for raw manga
AB sucks because they don't allow magazines

Explain further.

why would you ever go to KC site anyway

Go to marumaru. They post early chapter 1 there.

I dont even read his series, but that doesnt stop me from getting mad when I see manga with incomplete chapters

Gook shit aren't raws.

Everything is on share.

>tfw routerlet who can't into open ports

How can I crawl the magazines and mangas I buy online in japanese? Like ebookjapan

I know it's been a fairly short time since the last release but are scans for this stalled again? Asking for a friend.

Attached: Screenshot (1408).png (818x726, 262K)

>ripping from ebj after yahoo buyout

Monthly Action anyone?!?!?!?!?!?????!?1

Nobody scans Kirara.
If you're connectable on torrents then try using UPnP PortMapper.

same.
I don't even have dynamic IP

This has nothing to do with dynamic IP, like I said, there is a chance you might be able to use UPnP if you can't change you router settings. You still need to know your PC's local IP.

10-15k is the comfy zone for me. You're popular, but not enough that other people sperg over every little thing nor demand faster release dates.

works on my machine(tm)

I was going to ask on /g/, but I assume some of you would be more familiar with this.
I use a JS script on Photoshop to load text into layers, but I have a problem when applying the font. If I use fonts with no space in their name, like
>textItem.font = "CCJeffCampbell";

it changes okay, but if it has space like
>textItem.font = "Wild Words";

it loads the default "Myriad Pro".
I've tried several combinations of underscore, dot or removing the space but nothing seems to work.
By the way, justification and font size work with no problems either.

Go to your fonts folder, find the the font you want, then right click> proprieties.
You should see the file name there.
In my case I use New Wild Words, but the file name is "NewWildWordsRoman.TTF" for some reason.

If I remember right, PS scripts need the Postscript names of fonts. If you don't know them, here's a short way to get all the ones you have installed. Just make a short script like this:

dlg = new Window("dialog{inputText: EditText {preferredSize: [800,350], properties: {multiline: true, enterKeySignalsOnChange: true}}}");
var installedFonts = "Name - Post Script Name\n";
for (i=0; i< app.fonts.length; i++) {installedFonts += app.fonts[i].name + " - " + app.fonts[i].postScriptName + '\n'}
dlg.inputText.text = installedFonts;
dlg.show();

Is there some kind of starting pack or beginners' guide when it comes to do a typesetting translation?

There is some short mangas or 4komas that already have been translated in the boorus, but I was thinking of doing the typesetting, so we can have them typesetted

pic not related

Attached: 1548611098827.jpg (4843x7239, 2.25M)

yes

Could you be very kind and provide links?

Choose a font that doesn't look like shit, center the text and you're good

TL'er here

feel free to scanlate this shit
pastebin.com/u/diytranslations
First come first served.

Do you need one? Erase the Japanese, put English in the empty space, pick some obscure font for typesetter street cred.

use comic sans

>Comic Sans
>obscure

Comic sans is a nice font and did nothing wrong.

A based user began working on this manga and I am sure Nick Fury is gathering a team

Attached: 91IWihajDnL.jpg (1764x2508, 741K)

The first draft I got from lurking deeper

pastebin.com/2midtYPn

Also, as a tip: Using creating a Layer.textItem object and then applying the changes to it takes forever for a page. Using an ActionDescriptor speeds up text placement by several magnitudes. It takes more set-up to write, but the benefits are great. Download the Photoshop ScriptListener plugin, place it in your Plug-Ins folder and restart Photoshop. Then just open a new document and place a single layer of text. The plugin will have created a .js file on your desktop that has the code you need. It's huge and ugly but it's much faster than the textItem methods. Put that code in a function, replace some strings like the font and size with parameters and you'll be amazed at how much faster it is.

Attached: 1521651317324.png (270x262, 37K)

>Scalation thread
>Not helpful at all
I know is 4chins, but come on

Attached: 1497815644185.jpg (894x894, 293K)

>typesetting
>hard
google "common manga fonts", pick one, center the text and fit it in the goddamn balloon

Attached: 1556620910630.png (857x720, 741K)

Asking that question in the first place in not helpful, what can we tell him that he wouldn't be able to find on google?

Load up powerpoint, pick a good font (comic sans is pretty popular) and typeset away. It's not hard.

>powerpoint
Too advanced. Use paint. Or even better, Gimp.

Thanks, it was the postscript name the one that worked, WildWordsRoman. Now it works perfectly.

Since I work on a manga with short chapters I don't mind it that much, but it would definitely take a while for longer chapters, so I'll try to do that eventually, thanks.

In no point I said it was hard

>Asking that question in the first place in not helpful,
How so, I come here thinking that anons who gather here are hard boiled veterans when it comes down to this, and could have some type of starter guide for newfags, so that way you reduce that amount of times people could ask for tips for beginners, sort of like the buyfag threads have a guide for newfags

What?

>you reduce that amount of times people could ask for tips for beginners
Or we can bully the shit out of newfags, that works too.

>Or we can bully the shit out of newfags, that works too.
well, at first it could be the case, but soon even bullies would get tired of people keep asking or other anons could pretend to be retarded newfags asking for help/tips just for shit and giggles, either way, not the best route of action
I can talk for experience as this is always the case in the buyfag threads

So, why not help an user in need here, user-kun?

Shut up and go google how to be a photoshop monkey.

It's basically rolling the dice as to whether or not anyone who feels like helping newfags is around.

Here:
ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/index.html
sensescans.com/index.php?topic=3260.0

try either of those.

>I can't come up with a counter argument

This is a good start
Thanks, helpful user

>this thread

Attached: epic.jpg (800x450, 35K)

Make it happen and I’ll dump anything you can rip on the web to it.

Anyone have any font recommendation for a robot/doll? Imagine the most generic robot impression people do.

Preferably something that's enough to differentiate it but still not cause it to clash too much with the most generic of scanlation fonts (wild words, augie, etc.)

Consolas, if you're brave enough.

That's because you asked a stupid question and revealed to everyone that you didn't bother to make even a basic attempt to find the answer on your own. Why would anyone want to spend their free time helping someone like that?

Attached: 1516299648507.jpg (466x696, 182K)

I finished all the easy pages in this doujin, but now the remaining 17 pages need a ton of redraws on every single page, and they're all full color. Where's the motivation when you need it?

Manmachine BB

there are people out there who do redraws
get connections

I am that person, that's the problem. I could outsource some of the work to some of my friends, but I prefer working by myself.

>full color redraws
time to make all the bubbles opaque and not touch sfx

use papyrus whenever possible

-pick a random font that you think looks good
-have some whitespace in the bubbles when you can
-don't worry about font sizes being consistent overly much, just make it fit
-read a bunch of scanlations and pay attention to the details

This guy gets it