Sci-fi/Fantasy is the future

Sci-fi/Fantasy is the future.
Shounen and Isekai will lead the way to the new age of sci-fi and mecha and we will finally be liberated from the old school mechafags and their dull ass OVAs.

Attached: Knight's & Magic.png (1400x600, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-Ybu1E79vY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>liberated from the old school mechafags and their dull ass OVAs.

Attached: [SHIZA Project] Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam TV [45 of 50] [RUS JAP] [1488x1080 H264] [Azazel][00:08:04]0 (729x808, 537K)

Mecha is a dead genre and every new attempt at it just makes it worse. Look at DiTF.

Attached: 1553034046874.png (1088x1191, 1.02M)

Why does Yea Forums hate mecha so much? Are there any Yea Forumspproved mecha at all?

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

>DiTF
It was great until the 2nd half.

>DiTF
Had literally nothing to do with the mechs, at all.

It was never great, shut the fuck up retard. Watch more anime.

Please post /ourguy/

It was fun to follow but still shit.

Fafner comes out in like a week my man.

Attached: 1427411921590.jpg (500x375, 26K)

Code Geass and Valvrave for anime
Muv-Luv for VN

Video game isekai is the future user.

Do they release The Beyond as a movie or TV series?

Attached: Eru.png (1280x720, 1017K)

Mecha is for homosexuals.

Movie series.

Isekai is a fad, true Science Fiction and Post-Apocalyptic war anime will return to the forefront. Now I think space opera anime will bring back interest to science fiction and instead of all male casts, there will be an all female cast in space opera wars.

Just wait for next Gundam to save mecha

I wonder if the elevens will ever want more real robot mecha or just continue churning out gundams and gundam clones.VOTOMS is more my speed, just can't deal with more magical nonsense. Thoguh an Armored Core series would e fuckin dope as it straddles both super orbot and real robot just by going off the intro cinematics.
I hope some studio decides to be a bunch of mad lads and go for walking tanks.

Attached: the_fiddler_by_flyingdebris_d345p45-fullview.jpg (900x700, 97K)

Walking tanks are fucking retarded.
Jets with limbs is where it's at, user.

But we already have Macross, and super robots are pretty much that anyway. Wanting mecha not to be retarded means you are in the wrong genre, nearly all mecha are retarded.
The last interesting show I've seen was Heavy Object, again, retarded but it was fun to watch with a decent premise.

>nearly all mecha are retarded
>nearly

Anime needs its own Yoko Taro and Tetsuya Takahashi.

Yes, nearly all. Power armor is technically mecha and that makes sense. Even landmates are perfectly within the realm of reasonable. This is the kind of stuff that augments normal people and acts as a supplement to normal combat doctrines. The same power plant running your robo dudes is also upscaled and stuck into tanks/jets.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-Ybu1E79vY

This looks good. I wish that it had aired during this dead season instead of during a season where there's a lot to look forward to.

>Power armor is technically mecha and that makes sense.
Like those Russian combat armors?

I forgot they made a live action Mitsuboshi Colors.

Not sure what you are referring to, but it is probably in line with what the US is doing with powered exoskeletons just to alleviate the weight of their gear so it feels like you aren't carrying anything, also useful as a harness to move heavy fuckin munitions and materials around base without having to use a forklift or whatever. Next logical step is strap armor plates on top of that and now you are a mini spacemarine.

I haven't seen anyone have any kind of opinion about this show

Granbelm looks cool

Attached: granbelm.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

I miss him lads.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Knight's & Magic - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.21_[2017.07.16_18.52.01].jpg (1280x720, 68K)

this but unironically

How do you guys want your sci-fi? hard cyber or fantastical elements in a mundane setting? No Guns Life is cyber punk so there's that to look forward to.

Most mecha are either boring melodramas or toy commercials

Once sunrise realises it can combine its love live and gundam franchises, the new era of cute girl SOL mecha series will begin. Just look at the success GuP saw, I can't understand why they haven't done it yet.

Attached: 1521995357521.jpg (1604x894, 85K)

Yuri and Mecha go well hand and hand.

Just caught up with the manga and LN, gotta say it's a fun ride. Gonna start the anime later tonight, hope it's not too bad.

Attached: km05front02.png (2048x1536, 1.06M)

this the thread?

Fuck it, let's have an Armored Core/Infinite Stratos crossover just for the hell of it.

user, sci-fi and fantasy in the west has been completely cucked by the agenda.

If the japs can put out good sci-fi fantasy without stooping to the horrid western trends that have destroyed it for us or the horrible otaku trends that are making anime unwatchable to the normies everywhere else that can appeal to westerners then they'll find a thirsty as fuck audience in the western markets.

I'm serious.
We have fucking nothing anymore.

you just ain't looking hard enough pol nibba

I'll take pseudo-hard to damn pure fantasy sci fi. Love me cyberpunk dystopia but then feel terrible because we already live in the dystopia. A Shadowrun inspired anime would be great, just reskin any fantasy stories and add cellphones and AI that will eat your brain. I want mecha that aren't just big magical armor suits; non-human shaped machines with bro tier combat AI that will die heroically and make you cry like a bitch.
I would even take at this point; ACs may run on unobtanium but they can run out of ammunition and the variety of just legs to have would be enough for me. Then you get one of the more coherent story lines like AC2 and have Leos Kline be the antagonist.

mecha is dead, have fun eating burgers

>isekai
opinion discarded

I wanna see Wynne D Fanchon tear Phantom Task a new one.

The Beyond is like late May or something.

fuck off ni