Who else hates entry-level pretentious teen shit?

Who else hates entry-level pretentious teen shit?

Attached: pretentious shit.png (675x342, 429K)

I just hate depressed faggots

I can't believe that the Evangelion film got a mixed/negative response when it first came out. When I saw it for the first time I watched it twice in the same day because I thought it was so amazing. What was wrong with people back then? Am I missing a cultural context where mainstream Japanese audiences actually only enjoyed the really forgettable parts and NGE? I know people hated the TV ending as well, but the film ending was really eventful even if it was not entirely happy.

If anything Patlabor would be considered too slow for today's ADHD addled teens. Also fucking neck yourself.

Depressed faggots are alright as long as it's not the typical narcissitic outcast weeb

I watch anime for the qt girls

Slow movies are fine, Patlabor is just shit

me

>Patlabor
>Angel's Egg
>entry level
You massive retard, you absolute dunce. Try to show these movies to your average teen and he's going to get bored out of his mind. They're definitely not entry-level, faggot.

I know this is a low-effort troll but it's a good excuse to talk about Angel's Egg.

Angel's Egg was an experiment in non-narrative animation. Calling it pretentious is like calling a painting or poem pretentious. Like, yea, you have to bring something to it, but it's not trying to be a standalone message or a fill-in-the-symbols exercise. It stands alone just as an aesthetic exercise (that fucking shadow fish scene is god tier) and the symbolism is just some scaffolding, not the main point.

It's actually surprising to me that there haven't been more such animations produced over the years.

>poem pretentious
literature are pretentious who need that shit when technology is already like this.

Attached: images - 2019-04-28T182524.159.jpg (739x415, 34K)

Hating on angel egg is like hating on Koyaanisqatsi, you can enjoy both films without being a piece of shit pseudo.

imagine giving this much shit about what other people think

Non of those are entry level.

Youd show any one of these to someone, they'll call you a fucking idiot for showing them nonsense.

This, it's like listening to music

sorry to tell you newfriend but these shows are very entry level when it comes to any that watches anime. When you complete more anime and lurk more youll understand

Because you watched it as a teenager and Japan watched it as adults.

>Eva
>not entry level

Man I went straight to Hunter x Hunter after these ToGODshi is the best mangaka ever just get him to direct real intellectual anime.

If you have to watch more anime to understand, that means it's not fucking entry level.

hey newguy netflix is redubbing eva and then theyre going to rerelease it on their streaming platform. Any one that has watched anime for more than a week knows what eva is

The pic OP posted shows EoE you blind fuck.

Look at OPs pic idiot

understand what? I said if you lurked more you would understand because obviously you would see how widely known a lot of these titles are sorry you dont watch much anime and havent been around long on apparently any anime site aside from maybe horriblesubs comment section

Anything with English subtitles available for it is entry level.

Someone who watches Eva, which is entry level, is also going to watch EoE.

I did newfriend and I see eva and that post didnt exclude that title.

Well thats just a retarded and simplistic observation

imagine thinking anything eva related or patlabor and eggshit isnt entry level. Clearly you are some kids from Yea Forums that havent seen much anime.

The movie works conceptually, but the exectuion of the concepts is really, really weak. I imagine there is an extended cut of the ending somewhere on the cutting room floor with the neccisary explanations and details, but then someone realized the final scenes were an hour long and chopped out everything except the cool shit.

based retard

I love posts like these >Try to show these movies to your average teen and he's going to get bored out of his mind

Clearly some guy from probably Yea Forums that has seen like 60 anime and then one day came here to a 3x3 thread saw these titles watched them and now thinks hes into the real hidden underground anime that other people would be like "woaaaah" when they see. So fucking delusional

The problem I have with Yea Forums, and actually Yea Forums in general, is that most boards are enthusiast boards regardless of how much people shit on each other for watching entry level shit. In my experience some stuff that's considered entry level on Yea Forums (or pick your board really), nobody I know irl has heard of. It's frustrating. There's just such a large gap there.

no matter how much you try to tell us they're entry level
they're not
retard

Look at this faggot

Attached: sips-tea_1.png (948x771, 672K)

imagine also trying to look for retarded cousins who will agree with him.