Remember when Anime had MC's with some spine? Where exactly did it go wrong?

Remember when Anime had MC's with some spine? Where exactly did it go wrong?

Attached: 02.jpg (1859x1038, 1.06M)

Is turn "A" gundam good Yea Forums?

Bait

People still post this shit unironically?

Japan has went down the self insert route, meanehile China and Korea have started to make MC that aren't beta males

Beta/weakling MCs have been a thing since Doraemon
They’re not going away

no idea about China, but Korean manhwa mc's are either generic shounen protags or as beta as your generic japanese high school boy mc

So, instead of viewers wanting to be the main character, the viewers now want to be the main character?

Left: power fantasy
Right: self insert

Which one is more entertaining?

You are implying that the right side is the only to self insert? Kek, I prefer to self insert with the left side.

Attached: images (2).jpg (504x292, 36K)

how nips were able to split thos two is the real question here

bait I agree with it anyway

Touma belongs on the left

Attached: 1541709390058.gif (540x304, 1.05M)

honestly i look like one of the fags on the right so im ok with it

holy shit everyone on the right looks fucking identical

oi jannies. We got another one here

>putting touma on right

Attached: touma.jpg (1199x673, 183K)

>confronts screaming incel Bakugo
>threatens to break arm
>actually goes through with it

Ideal Protagonist, determined and has a spine but for once is also kind and calm and not an edgy asshole that’s constantly screaming “muh family REVENGE”

Attached: DDA1338E-FA39-4FBC-81C1-B9D7B07A34EB.jpg (1024x715, 80K)

>eiji among the "now"
He's from an older mango than half the fucks on the left.

Attached: 1523967327508.png (439x445, 119K)

how did they get away with this?

What the fuck
Source?

Would he fit in with the guys on the left even though he was kind of a pushover?

Attached: f9f63478-8246-4cbb-b2f1-96c4354ff9c6.jpg (400x600, 54K)

People were self inserting even with the guys on the left. Especially Joe, a lot of left wings movements members self inserted as him by calling themselves “Tomorrow’s Joe”.

Touma is a bitchmade faggot.

Attached: 8C5002AB-9F25-45C2-BFC7-A9AA2767DA35.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

This is a show where you see decapitated heads flying, breaking an arm is nothing

Touma's willpower alone crushes all of right and left multiplied thousands of times. Man is so insanely determined he got a god wet for him.

Any recent shows with mc's like this or the one from shield hero? Tired of battybois.

Oh wow, a girl likes a self insert dweeb MC. More news at 9! How original......

>removed Eren from the right side
>replaced him with Naofumi
you undid your right with a wrong, goddamnit

like this one I meant

What bothers me the most is that they all have the same damn hairstyle.

People self inserting in a character isn't the same as a character being a self insert. The guys on the left have qualities that people want for themselves, meanwhile the guys in the right have barely a character to offend as few people as possible.

I am a femanon and actually watch anime that has cute boys as mcs so why is it wrong?, It is just like many men watch anime just for lolis or waifubait seasonal character...

Attached: Untitled1072.jpg (600x337, 44K)

neither naofumi or eren belong on the right.

I don't know about Naofumi because I didn't watch his show, but Eren as of now definitely doesn't belong on the right, he has gone full freedom fighter while not giving a shit

naofumi is redpilled.

Naofumi yes, because he has a cute baby face even if he is 20+ years old

real man dont want shitty loli characters

good times. when men looked and act like men. nowdays anime need to represent beta male snowflake sjw crybaby twitter generation

Some of these are kind of apples-and-oranges.

All of the "Then" are action shounen/seinen main characters, while some of the right (Oreki, Tomoya, Kyousuke, Chuu2 Yuuta for example) are from character study light novels or romantic comedies. The "good old days" had its share of hopeless perverts too like Tenchi and Ataru.

If stupid joke scenes counted, then you might as well throw Lina, Bobo, Onizuka, and Goku onto the right side as well.

I don't undestand this logic
>oh look this little girl is beating MC
>OMG WHAT A PUSSY WHY DOESN'T HE BREAK HER TEETH
You guys should talk to a women at least once in your lives.

Watch Mob psycho

Hasn't this image been proven to be cherrypicked enough times?

Every man is beta nowadays, specially the Yea Forums posters. The art is just a reflection of that.

Really good protagonist. Feels empathy for demons but makes sure to kill every last one of them. Really mature and kind, but isn’t afraid to stand up what he thinks is right or wrong.

Attached: 8B3B5627-E2D1-4256-A4DA-44B96A8009D5.jpg (1334x740, 92K)