Did they really have to make him so dumb and annoying?

Did they really have to make him so dumb and annoying?

Attached: Broken_mind_Subaru.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Re-Starting-Another-World-light/dp/0316412902/
pastebin.com/V6yEqbgT
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rezero/images/2/21/Re_Zero_Volume_10_3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180407224525
yaraon-blog.com/archives/105296
docs.google.com/document/d/1iCIAkimv9IqGFxTJ-GN9ShoZa3YdOkqiu4nyX1WVcHQ/mobilebasic#heading=h.24wupho1nohw
youtube.com/watch?v=BjbLdIY2kgY
books.google.com/books/about/Re_ZERO_Starting_Life_in_Another_World_V.html?id=UhWzCwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re:Zero_−_Starting_Life_in_Another_World#Production
mega.nz/#F!KkEAGCqS!xoPEC1isMhJSjHFsEGOkTA
witchculttranslation.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did they really have to make you so dumb and annoying?

Yes, that makes him easier to relate to and you know it.

Attached: MoreRem3.jpg (1199x970, 311K)

Please excuse my brother user. His brain doesn't work very well after mother dropped him on the head one too many times. He tends to make dumb threads as a coping mechanism. Please humor him a bit.

Nobody has ever said I'm either of those things.
No. Weak and cowardly MCs are fine, but they should have at leadt some positive traits. Subaru is so loud and illogical and thickheaded that's it's frustrating to watch.

Steve stop this, you need help. Take your medicine.

I know, right? They should have made him Space Dandy. Now that would have been great.

Attached: 1543804177342.jpg (1001x717, 155K)

Why do people never understand the point of making him dumb/annoying? Did you even watch the show?

>implying Space Dandy grabing boobies and booty throughout re:zero wouldn't have been fucking kino

Attached: 1543702640768.jpg (1920x1080, 705K)

His positive traits are that he's able to grow (like we can), he protects what he cares about (which starts as just selfish guarding of his own desires but evolves into protecting those he cares for) and (granted after eh becomes mind broken) He's willing to die repeatedly and go into dangerous situations if that means to protect his love interest.
That being said I do think they made him TOO insufferable. When he was yelling at Emilia I could hardly watch

your too old for this

Attached: Dakuan.jpg (270x203, 10K)

Lazy writting.

no, but the author didn't know how to write a good mc so he just made Subaru retarded

Attached: tumblr_ozy4ygOmZQ1tndn6wo1_400.gif (400x225, 1.59M)

>Nobody has ever said I'm either of those things.
Your parents have.

Attached: 1510696612068.gif (600x444, 3.55M)

yes, otherwise the main character would have figured things out before you the viewer did, thus removing the sense of pride and accomplishment of getting to the point before the story, he is only stupid because you are.

Unironically yes.

Yes, so incels can self insert as him.

you're too old to have the disabling lack of intelligence that makes it acceptable to make basic grammatical errors. I recommend leaving the internet and opening a book.

>STILL seething

Attached: emilia cuck rem 2.jpg (1170x915, 231K)

you

All you need to do is look at the intended audience to know the answer.

Attached: 02 (you).gif (480x269, 3.04M)

For the most part, he acts the way a socially-dumb kid would in the same situation, with gradual improvements.

the only really fucking dumb thing is his obsession with emilia. everything else is somewhat understandable for a teenager in his position, even if his spergout during the introduction of the princesses was kinda extreme.
but emilia has never given him any reason to feel strongly for her whereas rem was willing to give him everything he yearns for - and then he rejects her to keep going after emilia.

it's a little thing called love user

Attached: I love emilia.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

There’s no show that isn’t improved by replacing the MC with Space Dandy, prove me wrong.

Even when Rem is explaining to Subaru why she loves him, I can't believe her. He's such a loathesome pathetic creature.

Yeah, but love also dies again when it is never reciprocated in any way, and it is also possible to fall in love with someone new.
He does like Rem as a person and she accepts every aspect of him, even the shitty ones, and puts much of his personality which he judges negatively in a way more positive light. That would have to have some effect on him.

Just finished watching this show. Finding it hard to pin down my opinion on this character. He is indeed annoying when he tried to be cool but I find him agreeable at other times. He's like a Shinji that actually does stuff and is therefore more likeable in the process.

I hear from the next season on he actually gets some powers of his own so I am wondering if that'll make him a better or worse character.

>love also dies again when it is never reciprocated in any way
kek
also, read WNs

>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
>[Subaru: Heh?]
Raw Version ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

Maybe a day will come when I don’t have to post that pasta.

please keep posting it. Posting "I love Emilia" only for someone to immediately follow up with that pasta makes me laugh every single time

Oh I’ll never stop. I just wish one day I won’t have to remind people. It irritates me to no end that Subaru canonically is supposed to be in love with Rem but the anime cut it out but left enough of Rem in to confuse the fuck out of people.

relax you sperg we still have season 2 and probably 3 and 4 to look forward to.

>look forward to

yes, I'm looking forward to the next season of the great anime Re:Zero

Thats the point. It shows what will likely happen. You think your gaming and fantasy knowledge come in handy in a fantasy world but nope, that will be useless. I generally know how a car works but couldnt fix one it it really came down to it. However, hes got this trial and error repeat power and would eventually fix it... in theory, aall while looking like an idiot in the process. 2nd repeat: Dammit greg, why the fuck are you a screw driver in a bolt socket. 369 repeat: dammit greg, why are you using a LS 3200 O2 sensor, this is a 2015 Hyundai Sonata, you have to use a LSX 3200-b O2 sensor, only litteral retards make that mistake.

how else can they make him relatable to the target audience?

Reminder that he is still intended as a self-insert, it's just that the japanese are such shitty people that they'd still rather be a bumbling retard like this.

It’s his entire appeal

>Did they really have to make him so dumb and annoying?
how else are the otaku isekai fags supposed to self insert?

Rem has only seen the saves where he did things right, not all of his failed attempts

Okay Yea Forums, how would you rape Emilia if you were in Subaru's position?

Easiest way to do it would be to get Rem to fall in love with you first, so that's after you save the village.

But Ram would probably get in your way. Cant really make her fall in love with you since shes in love with the clown. Whats the best way to deal with Ram with Rem's help?

As for Emilia, you could probably get some shady aphrodisiacs from the slum guys by pretending its to spice things up with Rem right?

Then there's the problem of Puck...

Scene pictured is just him realizing that he'll never be this Isekai Uber Chad since he's the only one that remember his many deaths and the only one that will ever know how much he's sacrificed for the safety/happiness of the people around him.

He's stuck in Isekai-land with a legit hax power but can never show it off and will never get the true credit he deserves.

Say what you will about 'deeply flawed characters', watching someone shitpost IRL just isn't my thing.

He gets better.
He'll mostly be suffering in S2 anyway.

I love him

The ending of the anime pisses me off so much, did the LN go further? I'm considering whether waste my time reading it to know what happens next or move on to something else and forget about it.

Read this amazon.com/Re-Starting-Another-World-light/dp/0316412902/

Yeah it continues.
The anime should've had the balls to end on the expected cliffhanger.
But since the next season has been anounced, we will see if they adapt it well.

Like every neet

he has now, dumbfuck

Nobody can because you're 100% right, even Space Dandy would've been better if Space Dandy was replaced with Space Dandy

since when is reddit permited to post on Yea Forums? go kys autistic fuck.

Attached: 9955071542212227.jpg (128x193, 14K)

Attached: why.jpg (1908x1064, 170K)

That's why 1000 Dandys episode is the best

wooaahhh

Attached: 234632461.jpg (667x720, 47K)

>isekai has reincarnated neet become a demigod
>waaah gary stu too broken!!
>isekai has reincarnated neet actually act like how a socially stunted guy who suddenly finds himself on another world would
>waaah why is he so useless and annoying
I guess the only kind of mc this board likes are either little girls or Golgo 13 clones

So his suffering can be more entertaining desu.
Also antiheroes are fun.

Attached: obscenecleavage.png (252x252, 76K)

Yea Forums hates anime

The only mystery for me is why people prefer Rem when Ram's personality is superior in every way. Is it the tits, the screen time, or her initial craziness ?

Attached: Ram.(Re Zero).600.2525646.jpg (600x588, 46K)

Yea Forums is one person

Wait, so he never rejected Rem in the novel ? Or did he change his mind ?

>Golgo 13 clones
The anime would be 10 times better if he was Golgo 13, if Subaru's dad was transported instead if would sort of be like that

t. masochist

Attached: troll.png (760x889, 907K)

>Wait, so he never rejected Rem in the novel ?
From:Zero (the confession) comes off almost 180 degrees than the anime shown it. It's clearly not a rejection as when you reject someone you reject their feelings and don't accept them. Throughout the scene Subaru is thinking he isn't good enough for Rem. Instead of me just telling you about it
pastebin.com/V6yEqbgT
here's the chapter, come up with your own conclusions. Later in the next volume Subaru actually confesses to Rem and says some really cheesy things like how he cannot live without her and he won't hand her to anyone which is here

What do you like about Ram's personality? Rem is playful and even better at banter than Ram, Rem is also not lazy and has a bunch of fun hobbies.

seriously it's really cheesy which is something that I love about Subaru/Rem
From the LN
>“I really love you. Of course I do… I can’t…manage without you.”
>They were words from his heart of hearts.
>Subaru poured all his unembellished true feelings into the words he spoke that instant.
>He couldn’t have made it that far without her. He couldn’t live without her.

>They smiled at each other for a while. Then Rem straightened up, elegantly grasped the hem of her skirt, and in a display of perfect courtesy, she said, “If this will bring a future where Subaru, my hero, can smile, then I humbly accept.”
>“Yeah, you just watch. You’ll have a front-row seat.”
>Rem took the hand Subaru had offered as they exchanged their vows. She let out a small “Ah” as Subaru drew her close, burying her petite body in his chest. He was grateful that there existed a girl so soft, so warm, and who liked him so much.
>“—The man you fell in love with is gonna be the coolest hero there ever was!”

tell me if this sounds like a rejection to you

He was only pretending.
Maybe it's because of how the anime pictured Subaru but people underestimate how much he seeks reconition for his action while at the same time wanting to seem humble (it's not even because he is humble but because he is persuaded that if people think he is they will give him even more recognition).
Thus why it took him so much time to try to tell Emilia about his redo.
Hell even the sword practice with the butler was about the same thing, all he wants is people to take pity on him for the effort he does or he pretends to do.
Makes me sick to recognise it but I was more or less the same in high school, and I think I still am a little thus why I can relate to him so easily.

He is self centered it's as simple as that.

Why does he need positive traits? he's entertaining and thats all thet matters

Just Marathoned it.
It was fucking good.

You are dumb and annoying

This except most people are like this too anyway. It's not Subaru's failure most shounen protags are unrealistic as fuck retards that will throw themselves in front of a barrage of gunfire to save someone they just met, and be fine with getting nothing in return, or not even have to deal with getting nothing in return. Also there's the fact that things don't work out for Subaru whenever he tries something like that, while every other protag had plot armor that lets them live through everything.
I dunno why so many people on Yea Forums pretend they're so altruistic to not get as frustrated as Subaru that his efforts aren't recognized. Especially since that pic that the woman from the end of Erased triggers the fuck out of Yea Forums because they feel the MC was entitled to her love for all he did for her.

>they feel the MC was entitled to her love for all he did for her.
because he is canonically supposed to in love with her, the anime tried to remove it but the little that they left in is what anons are picking up on

wait I'm stupid maybe

Why WN/LN readers can't accept that Subaru didn't want just Rem or Emilia, but like a manchild wanted to gather a harem and don't make a choice between them? I mean, this was literally what he talked with Emilia before she asked who is Rem.
After that, obviously, he had no need to make a choice.
Also, in flashback we see his fetish for white-haired elf-girls. Why Remfags always ignore this crucial detail?

It's not that Yea Forums pretends to be altruistic, it's that Yea Forums is autistic and thus cannot comprehend complex human relations.

Agreed. A good example of a better MC is Kazuma, who doesn’t act cringy and irrational, and actually tries to make the most out of his new life, despite being in the same situation as Subaru.

>Kazuma
>the same situation as Subaru
Eh?

ignore his dumbass, he said that Kazuma is a better MC. Kazuma is a self insert type character who is surprisingly competent "when he goes all out", nothing more than a NEET powerfantasy character

because how is that fun or interesting

Because arguably Subaru does not love Emilia, sure he has feelings for her but if you take his feelings for Rem and set that as "Love" then his feelings for Emilia can't compare. words =/= doing

I went through the entire Arc 4 WN and it barely ever uses Subaru's heart to describe his feelings for Emilia, and when it does the "hottest" it got was warm. It later describes Subaru's feelings for Rem as a blazing inferno always burning in his chest.

Now maybe I'm a stupid dumb boy but I always thought the reason Subaru loves Emilia is because of Jealous Witch subconscious fuckery basically priming him to already love silver haired half-elves.

Attached: 1437962697593.png (510x346, 209K)

Silver hair half elves are hot as fuck. His obsession being purely because she's an 11/10 is totally realistic.

there's a few moments like this
>Emilia: “...Be careful. Quickly would make me happy, but even if nothing happens it's best that you take care.”
>Subaru: “Crap, heartflutter.”
>Feeling his chest throb with love, Subaru draws back while holding down his shot-through heart.
Which would happen to any man if a cute girl like Emilia said something like that but
>Subaru: “You might not feel this way, but it's thanks to you that my resolve hardens.”
>Subaru can tell that the surface of his weak and brittle heart has been peeled, and is steadily being replaced with a covering of steel.
>Rem's sleeping visage, her assuredly present heartbeat, just the very fact that she was there, sent Natsuki Subaru back to that time. To that moment, to that feeling of being born again.
>Subaru: “It's because you told me that my weak self was fine, because you proposed me that I get stronger... that I've been able to stand up so many times, saying that I'll do something.”
>No matter what pain, suffering, hardship, or other unpleasantness awaited, her full-souled love healed Subaru. Spurring him forward, his heart wishing to match up.
>Subaru: “You, and Petra, and everyone else... I'll get you all out of here safely.”
>Tenderly stroking her forehead, Subaru holds back his desire to touch her further. The breeze blows into the room as he simply sits there, silent, seated, at her bedside.
>Pouring all of a section of precious time into her was the best Subaru could currently do to present his heart to her.
Is on a different level

Test

see top right, for some reason I cannot save this image in a proper file format, fucking niggers

vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/rezero/images/2/21/Re_Zero_Volume_10_3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180407224525

i meant top left*

Nah, Subaru simply has a juvenile infatuation with Emilia because she was the first person to show him kindness when he got isekai’d and also because she’s pretty hot. From that point his imagination started building a concept of her which is what he is actually in love with, not Emilia herself.

Satella doesn’t need to fuck with Subaru’s brain, she picked him explicitly because he already possessed the traits of a person who would follow the route she wants.

>Did they really have to make a neet with no social skills cringy and without social skills?

Are you a retard, OP?

I don't get it

poster of a silver haired girl

It's an issue of screen time. She'll shoot up in the ratings next season when people see the light

her big moments are trash now so I don't think so

Attached: re zero picture that anon is too mentally retarded to right click and save as jpeg.jpg (2205x1600, 642K)

That's what I call Shinji syndrome. People see that they would act like the main character in these situations and that's why they hate them.

Attached: 1546612421645.jpg (231x205, 16K)

Why was Rem completely forgotten for the last 4 episodes? She wasn't shown or mentioned once.

>wn reader pretending to be animeonly

uhhh animeonlys actually did notice that people sort of forgot about Rem's existence, didn't you remember the threads when it aired?

Subaru’s not a Shinji clone. I just in fact made a thread specifically to point out that he’s actually a Sayaka clone

I had to actually go back and rewatch ep 21 to see if I forgot something, like getting hit by the whale fog and being erased from existence. Nope, she gets hurt, makes a teary heartfelt scene, and is never mentioned again. Like they couldn't show her even worrying about Subaru in battle or something.

But he has a penis

God i love you copypasta Rembro.
Keep up with the good work.
Here a little Rem as a present.

Attached: Oni-grin.png (1200x1200, 583K)

nice Рем

And Sayaka is a tomboy while Subaru is pretty high strung and emotional for a male, so they basically meet in the middle of the genders.

The anime likely purposely made the fate of Rem ambiguous because there was never a guarantee that the show would get a 2nd season.

It’s not ambiguous. The blank letter is comfirmation.

Interdasting

I never noticed this

it's such a minor detail that's pretty inconsequential since what really matters is Subaru was looking at an idealized version of Emilia and never at actually at her. Even the Lap pillow scene is a lie as Puck was the one who got her to give him it.

I too, can post out of context Re Zero WN translations:

>[Emilia: But it’s different now. I’ve always been thinking about Subaru. You’re all I seem to think about. Just like how you……um, told me that you love me, and that you’re always thinking about me…… now, maybe I…… feel the same way about you too]
>[Subaru: ――――]
>[Emilia: I’m sorry. That was unfair just now. Even when you were scared and didn’t know what I thought, you still said it to me]
>[Emilia: So, I’ll.. say it properly too. ――I want to tell you that…]
>[Emilia: You know, Subaru. I… love you. I really, really love you. I keep thinking about you, I’m always thinking about you, and about how I always want to be with you]
>[Emilia: Subaru, if you feel the same way about me…… I’ll be really happy…… you know]
>[Emilia: Ehehe. Mn, mn……love you. Subaru…… I really, really love you]

>...

>Emilia didn’t seem to notice it, but only adorably tilted her head at Subaru, who had gone quiet.
Then, she smiled, and brought her face closer――
>[Emilia: Subaru――]
>She took the silent Subaru, and kissed him on the lips.
>――His first kiss was of the cold taste of Death.

Attached: cuyob34ukaaixqz.jpg (736x414, 17K)

What was the point of making such a change? Was Emilia more popular to nip audiences?

is this the birth of a new copypasta? I hope it is

but user

its actually canon

this is somewhere around chapter 69 iirc

>Was Emilia more popular to nip audiences?
nope

Arguably it was the director who was a emiliafag
>Watanabe: That’s a tough question. People will get mad at me no matter who I say (laughs). But I suppose that Rem’s role in the story is that of a sub-heroine, while Emilia is the main heroine. I directed episode 1 myself and did as much as I could to enhance her presence in the scenes to make up for her lack of screen time. I’d change her outfits and made sure she gave off a strong impression. As far as I’m concerned, the heroine is Emilia, but perhaps nobody will believe me when I say that. After all, Rem clearly acts more like a heroine (laughs). But please don’t forget the scenes that showcase Emilia as the heroine (laughs).

Attached: longest active ReZero poll to date.png (648x428, 20K)

I know. I read it. But If we can tack another thing onto the "I love emilia" reply chain than that's wonderful

>To relish this instant, this passion, was what everything had been for.
>Which was why—
>—He had never imagined that the day Emilia blindly sang her love for him would terrify him this much.

>its actually canon
Mine is also in the LN, also what you posted is the WN version. The LN version might be different with lamer wording

>I too, can post out of context Re Zero WN translations:
What other quote can I use to show that Subaru has feelings for Rem? Do you want me to post a dozen or so WN/LN quotes every time?

Tappei wanted Rem to be just a flirt, but once the non-nip audience started liking Rem more, he was upset because he wanted everyone to like Emilia.

Getting into cultural shit, nips, in a high context culture and language, like the vagueness, (and frankly to us westerners, the "deadfish" attitude) of Emilia. High context basically meaning, beating around the bush and using lots of inferences in the context.

Low context, like most english and germanic countries, like straight to the point, brash, and simple things, like when Rem confessed to Subaru.

TL:DR because culture Nips no like Rem's directness and love Emilia's hard to get attitude while American's feel the opposite

Nigger fuck off
yaraon-blog.com/archives/105296
1位 レム                  21679票
2位 エミリア                 4163票
3位 ペテルギウス・ロマネコンティ    4072票
4位 ベアトリス                2853票
5位 エキドナ                 2190票
6位 ラム                    1706票
7位 ナツキ・スバル             1254票
8位 レグルス・コルニアス          1097票
9位 ラインハルト・ヴァン・アストレア    813票
10位 クルシュ・カルステン          736票
See

Why is Emilia so oblivious to love/sex? Specially after having being kissed by Subaru. Is Subaru so unattractive that her hormones/body/stuff doesn't urge her to get impregnated by him?
>"she was thinking about the Trial"
Maybe, but still, she clearly thought about that later so it's pretty strange that her vagina didn't react at all to that

Attached: 1520237351988.jpg (790x719, 93K)

>"Nigger fuck off"

nigger i don't read moon runes

she's mentally a child and grew up without learning about that stuff

Just because you kiss someone doesn't mean you instantly want to fug them

But her body is adult and should react appropriately

shes ~80 years old, thats like being 10 in half elf years

The anime director did literally nothing wrong. The author messed up by making Emilia so damn boring from the get go. It’s only smart business sense to at least try and add some appeal to the less popular girl so there can be waifu wars.

Attached: 94A3951A-7174-4A00-8438-DEC50FA57966.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

who's to say it isn't? Maybe it is and she just doesn't understand those feelings or know what to do with them.
>80 years old, thats like being 10 in half elf years
nah man, if it was like being ten she wouldn't have them titties

Ever heard of juvenile gigantomastia

I also see shinji in him but because he acts so cringey. like nobody in the world with half a brain would act like them, just hurts to watch. I haven't watched re: zero but this thread is actually making me want to watch it.
Though it's probably the reverse psychology tendency to always shit on the OP opinion

Rem has been the fan favorite in Re:Zero before it became a LN, Tappei doesn’t give a fuck about non nip audiences

>Tappei doesn’t give a fuck about non nip audiences
That's why he sent that Youtuber every single LN volume for free?

How does that disprove what I said

He failed hard then in my opinion. Making a character more visually appealing and changing scenes dont matter if the couple has no chemistry, drive and looks completely one sided.
I like unusual relationships myself and beating around the bush isnt the problem as much as theres no bush to beat around or chemistry to reflect on. His love for Emilia comes off more as a character flaw than a positive or a strength and thats awful.
Nah, if you want to get cocky and change a story its on you to do a better job than than the guy you're trying to prove wrong.

Emilia isn’t boring, it’s just that everyone else is more interesting since Tappei have himself more freedom with those characters. He has a strict image of Emilia he tried to stick with

What if he was like this instead?

Attached: ClgkKPXXEAAYvKH.jpg (707x1000, 127K)

The only similarity between Shinji and Subaru is that they are subversive protags in their genre who’s actions are largely dictated by their situations, but that’s where the similarities end. Subaru DOES have a real personality that compels him to do things that he isn’t necessarily forced to do, where as Shinji is a completely blank slate who only goes where the wind blows.

He just looks like a grown up version of himself.

Him being the sub in all the Fuji porn would look weird

its a cartoon for kids

Is there a likeable isekai MC?

Attached: 1380706325174.jpg (256x256, 18K)

The next arc is very good and I'd say it's way better than what's been shown in the anime. If you do decide to read, read the WN as most people agree it's the best version, and also look up content cut from the anime as some seriously important shit got cut

>falls in love with the first bitch he sees
That should've been a dead giveaway that the author is a drooling pillock.

This counts as isekai, right?

Attached: devilisaparttimer.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Reverse isekai, but yes.

Attached: kagome dance.gif (300x225, 342K)

>read the WN as most people agree it's the best version,
Everyone agrees, the only people who think the Ln is better is catfag and contrarians

Kagome sucks and was worst girl.

Chiho is cute. CUTE!

Attached: chiho bow.gif (400x446, 1.21M)

Go back to death, Kikyo

Him being the sub already doesn't make sense.

Because they didn't include the actual ending to the arc which is centered around Rem

Because it’s more interesting to see him fuck up and make bad decisions. Same reason he fucking strangles a kid

Attached: 5EA2A95B-6A04-4E3D-8C21-C1C01430E417.jpg (1668x1124, 528K)

Nah it does, he’s a sub to Rem, the fucking land dragon also has him whipped

Anime > WN > LN

Anime leaving the coma up to interpretation as to whether Subaru was faking it is kino.

Hey sometimes those little shits need to be taught a lesson

Anime shouldn't be up there WN and LN, it's something else

the voice acting is good, visual directing is good, cuts to the source is bad as they were fucking with something that shouldn't have been fucked with since it's pretty integral to the 3rd arc

So what do you think season 2 will be like?

kino

Bad because the LN ruined arc 4. Only saving grace is Echidna and Beatrice

less Re:Zeroy as it LN Arc 4 deviates from the WN significantly, some scenes will still be absolutely kino though shame that some of the really good ones in the WN were cut

The LN was bad but the anime is already bad once you compare it to the source, look at the anime as it's own thing

Translation for arc 4 is dead?

>LN Arc 4 deviates from the WN significantly
how so

Stop reading translationchicken and read witchculttranslation

I wish those fucks would stop wasting time on arc 6 when they haven't even finished 5

basically a rewrite, a lot of the "same" things happen but how Subaru got there, why he's there are different. The tone and atmosphere are completely different. In short the LN rewrote it to be more "exciting" by removing almost all the worldbuilding, foreshadowing (things become asspulls instead of being set up long beforehand), and the side character's moments.

Arc 4 has been done for years user.

>no Petra getting stabbed in Subaru’s arms
>no Roswaal getting choked out by Subaru
>no Garfield knocking Subaru’s eye out
>no Garfield massacre
>no Satella possessing Subaru’s corpse
>the trial 2 scene where Rem killed Subaru is gone
>magic stones teleport Subaru everywhere
>puck has a shonnen battle with Roswaal instead of Ram having the confrontation
>no I love sanctuary
>Frederica has a beast transformation for some reason
>no two wife’s scene
>all scenes where puck is an asshole are gone
>the scene where envy invaded Echinda’s trial is cut
If you want more check out this

docs.google.com/document/d/1iCIAkimv9IqGFxTJ-GN9ShoZa3YdOkqiu4nyX1WVcHQ/mobilebasic#heading=h.24wupho1nohw

Attached: 2C9E13C7-094F-48BD-845F-247A6122C5FC.jpg (1280x720, 283K)

please cancel season 2

Attached: ram disgust.png (565x481, 491K)

You are dumb, and annoying as fuck.

Unironically great. The WN and LN are just being purposed as rough drafts to make the anime amazing.

>done for years
Well, guess I know what I'll be doing for awhile. Thanks.

Oh hey, it's the desperate remfag sperging out again. How UNcute.

oh boy are you in for a rude awakening. watch the anime trim ever more rem shit out of the way

They fucked up so hard with that. The lust scene is not going to make sense

>Did they really have to make a NEET dumb and annoying

Yes, otherwise he wouldn’t be a fucking NEET.

eat my ass

The LN isn't even written by Tappei anymore. Kadokawa has had a history of being more aligned to the WN then the LN because they're still mad they don't have the rights to the LN.

the LN is trash and should be treated as such

*farts*

Too much tsun even for a Rumiko Takahashi lead.

Attached: 1543861828301.png (569x1101, 287K)

wait so they usually buy the rights to the WN too? I don't know that much about other WN/LN combos

whats wrong with Translationchicken?

she was only tsun for like a quarter of the series though

Kadokawa has the rights to the anime but doesn’t have the rights to the LN but both are based on the WN

How in the actual fuck is this even possible? Are you goofing me?

Yes, so you won't feel bad when his grandstanding and self confidence leads to world crushing defeat.

he died

He’s a Jew who hasn’t finished arc 4 after 3 years. He’s milking his Patreon for all it’s worth

>Kadokawa has the rights to the anime but doesn’t have the rights to the LN
they own the LN, they publish the LN

He's slow, gets paid way to much for how much he translates, and in my opinion is a fucking dumbass as he skips a chapter in the Arc 3 Interlude.

Tappei still writes for the WN. He still owns his own writing. Arcs 1-3 LN were sold to a different online only jap no name publisher and they themselves "adapted" arcs 4 and 5 to the same LN format. Kadokawa owns the anime and has tappei do shit for them, so they take shit mainly from the WN.

Tappei sold the rights to the LN in desperation for money right before the anime started

I have a countdown clock on my wall for season 2. Extremely hyped and even more excited!

Check out this cool trailer guys/girls!
youtube.com/watch?v=BjbLdIY2kgY

Kadokawa rep please go

I'll shoot you dead if I could.

>When Subaru meets Daphne, she’s awake instead of sleeping like in the WN (complaining about how being awake is exhausting and can we make this quick please etc.). Also the scene where she shows Subaru her eye and makes him starve/eat himself is cut. Otherwise their meeting is pretty much the same as the WN.
What were they thinking?

So that other guy was spewing bullshit when he said
>Kadokawa has had a history of being more aligned to the WN then the LN because they're still mad they don't have the rights to the LN.
Right? Because that makes no sense.

Is this actual unironic paid shilling?

Your ass is irrelevant.

?

Media Factory, a child company of Kadokawa is the one who always published Re:Zero LN

Oh I assumed
>they don't have the rights to the LN.
was "they don't have the rights to the Wn"

Now I'm really confused

The LN is owned by Yen Press, not Kadokawa
books.google.com/books/about/Re_ZERO_Starting_Life_in_Another_World_V.html?id=UhWzCwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

What the fuck is this guy even saying

>Kadokawa owns the anime and has tappei do shit for them, so they take shit mainly from the WN.
The Anime was based off the LN.

Yen Press translates it. The LN is owned by Media Factory, a child company of Kadokawa. Are you stupid? Yen Press owns nothing but the rights to distribute the English LN translations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re:Zero_−_Starting_Life_in_Another_World#Production

Hey all!

Who was your favorite 'waifu' from this iconic series?

I am partial to well thought out(and animated) 'yandere' characters.

*raises hand for Echidna here*

Even the anime goes off the rail of the LN AND the WN in certain parts, so I have no idea whether that user is right or wrong.

ugh what the fuck do i read then?

what is the "canon" medium?

WN or LN?

Attached: 1549780104231.jpg (509x625, 31K)

He's absolutely wrong.

Its realistic!
No really, that's the defense for this schlock.

Unfortunately the LN is technically canon. But the WN is what you should read since 99% of fans agree it’s the superior product

Okay, that’s what I thought.

WN. LN readers are niggers

Canon doesn't matter. Read the WN since it is the best of all versions

the WN is the source material. Do with that as you will.

Then why does the author still make additions to the WN?

Haha, Echidna is great, but for me it has to be Beatrice!

It was her that made this not only my favorite anime of the year, but my favorite anime of the decade!

Attached: beatrice hug.jpg (640x896, 78K)

WN

The WN is far beyond the LN

Me, the dreaded autist of the Re:Zero threads decree that the WN is the Author's original artistic vision and should be held above all the other mediums.

For reading, LN Volumes 1-7 follow that artistic vision close enough but listen to this
>Most light novels are around 250 pages in length, but Nagatsuki submitted a manuscript of more than 1,000 pages for the first novel, forcing Ikemoto to edit it heavily

But afterwards it leaves his artistic vision as the Anime changes started to influence the LN. So past Vol 7 the LN is irredeemable trash and should be burned.

vols 1-7
mega.nz/#F!KkEAGCqS!xoPEC1isMhJSjHFsEGOkTA
WN
witchculttranslation.com/
Беако

i get you're being a dumb autistic retard but its "EchiDONA" not Echidna. Her nick name is Dona or Dona-dona

I hate his spergy ass

Haha, Beako indeed! All of the girls are wonderful, but Beako is just so cute!

I bought another figure of her just last week, I can't wait to get it in the mail!

Of course you're right my friend! We're sure to see lots of her in the upcoming series. To be honest, I can't wait!!

Attached: beatrice puck.png (570x767, 300K)

>last update 4 months ago
Cut my life into pieces

Realistic would be that if he would get his shit together faster. I get that he is entitled little neet shit, but his sperg outs were hard to watch.

>nobody has ever said I’m either of those things
Newfag spotted, requesting authority to begin expulsion process
here’s a reddit meme for your reddit taste

Attached: 2B84EC74-395C-4824-979F-39388C1E2240.jpg (1242x1529, 311K)

Season 2 when?

Беако

>NEET
>getting his shit together
Good one user

This so true, I join you both in bated breath excitement for what is sure to be a roller coaster of a new season. Releasing early 2019!

Quit self-inserting. If everyone who watched had treated Subaru as his own character with his own flaws and goals there would be no sperg outs on this board. Subaru starts the series as a broken person, you have to be broken to become a neet. It would be absolutely retarded if he managed to become a good person within 2 months

How did he even got so broken at the age 17?

>Realistic would be that if he would get his shit together faster.

That is literally the opposite of unrealistic. The average person, let alone somebody who’s as messed up as a NEET, doesn’t just decide to change themselves one day and actually follow through with it. Usually people fail multiple times, and if they’re lucky, continue to stick with it despite failing until the change they want actually becomes a built-in habit.

His father is the greatest man to ever live in his town, everyone knows his father, so whenever Subaru would do something it would be attributed to his father's genes instead of his own success. Subaru also is a autist, sperg, or whatever so wasn't the most popular guy. There was a incident where he accidentally wore a woman's uniform to the first day of highschool and that's sort of why he's a neet now

seriously look at his father, gigachad with a hundred or so highschool girl's phonenumbers

Daddy issues just like Shinji

It'd be best to just read arc 4 as that's where it's explored in depth, but basically he tried to live up to how he saw his dad, which led to some embarrassing stuff and so he's kind of a joke around school and has had no friends since middle school. At the point where the series starts Subaru's basically given up in his life

At the same time, surviving being in this world would force him to shape up faster than a NEET typically would in ours, since he wouldn't have the luxury of pride and convience. Especially if he never lucked onto Emilia and we're being completely realistic.

It's been 2 years since I read arc 4, but I think it wasn't that people attributed Subaru's success to his dad but that everyone told him they had high expectations for him and he felt very guilty that he couldn't live up to them. A big reason he comes off as obnoxious is because he keeps trying to emulate his dad in social situations, without realizing that his dad only acted that way towards people he knew well

he's supposed to represent you

Well they're not the same daddy issues.

finished this not long ago, pretty awful first few episodes were funny but christ, shit was bad near the end.

>all this butthurt reddit:zero damage control
The only time an insufferable MC is tolerable is when he acts logically and grows as a person. This shitheap of a series uses a groundhog day scenario and still can't get Subaru to grow organically. The fact that you retards defend this is more frustrating than anything.

Yeah, any socially awkward kid would force himself on everyone around him all the time. That's what socially awkward people do, yup.

More like Satella grabbing him by the balls to drag him into future where his sorry ass survives.

Well, it didn't really affect it's popularity with the normies.

what are you talking about? Its a great comedy. Its always hilarious to see Subaru fuck up and die because of his retardation

Well before every success she sees him in a close to despair state covered in Satella's smell every time. And his plans always revolve around shooting in the dark and getting "lucky" hits. Maybe she gets something, or just sees him as a man that can get his shit together under stress.

It's the most retarded power ever - he keeps his knowledge, skills and even muscle memory between loops. With enough determination he can time loop that bowels cunt enough to rape her in her bowel loving gut.

Forget Isekai Quartet. the ultimate Anime Crossover would be Subara trying to catch this mother fucker.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 9.30.06 PM.png (363x528, 227K)

But dying really fucking hurts and he has no clue how long it'll last

Because he is a NEET loser ?
Youre going to break if you and your cute anime waifus died over and over and over again.
Also Rezero has one of my favorite anime cliches, full suffering then some cute anime girl slapping back to your senses and become a hero.

So how many episodes S2 gonna be ? 12 ? 26 ? i dont care about LN/WN.

Attached: 1477624756366.png (537x600, 221K)

You must be a brainlet AO or a speedreader of the LNs but it's heavily implied that Satella has manipulated Subaru to "love" Emilia in an irrational manner.

isekai shitters wouldn't watch it otherwise.

Around 12 maybe, the LN shortened it considerably

Is anyone hyped for season 2?

Attached: re-zero-subaru-windows-bliss.jpg (1920x1080, 692K)

I was until I found out it's going to be butchered to hell

How bad is it gonna be?

As entertaining a doujin that would be, its not the case. Characters in Re:Zero can get their powers enhanced by their mana gate which includes strength and speed. If you really want the gut slicer, you need to burn the entire country.

see

what? No. That's like saying if you fight Mike Tyson enough times you'll eventually win

Well its going to be the exact same as the butchered LN. See, last thread someone was kind enough to post excerpts of coma scene from both the LN and the WN, and the LN one had unnecessary additions that, I will admit, would carry well for a future anime adaptation. The problem is that the book is being written with an adaptation in mind, not the other way around. Essentially, since the anime went all Emiliafag and gutted Rem's scenes, the novel treats Subaru and Rem's love as something vague or doesn't even exist. Meanwhile they are doing poor decisions with Emilia herself like complimenting her way too much, fellating her in and putting her in scenes she has no business in. In addition, they seem to suck out Emilia's flaws and pin them all to another character. They are also removing god tier scenes that existed in the WN and replacing them with more easier adaptable scenes. Not withstanding the constrictions of a light novel, the result is an unsatisfactory version of a great novel series.

the this show is shit

The music, voice acting, and atmosphere will probably be top notch just like the first season, and watching anime onlys react to what few good scenes are left will be good too, but a spit in the face is still a spit in the face. If anything I'm most excited by the popularity bringing stuff like fanart, doujins, and possibly sped up translations

>tfw it will be edited in a shitty fashion for the AO plebs

Attached: tfw.png (1920x1575, 1.38M)

This sounds fucking awful. How come they're doing so many redactions and plot changes this time around? I know arc 4 is ridiculously long and could have been written much more concisely but these sound like stupid pointless changes.

Attached: 1522979697242.png (1448x2048, 1.9M)

He doesn't loop to the exact start of the fight - he has plenty of prep time.

hes clearly talking about real life everyone gets called those things online no matter if its true or not

Most overrated anime ever.

Attached: 1555400378686.png (241x286, 68K)

Episode 15 is so disturbing it make me depressed a bit.

the irony of this post speaks for itself i think

how else are people who watch this dreck supposed to recognize themselves in him?

I need to ask you this honestly, how are you able to spam and shitpost about the same inane topic for over 3 years and still not get perma b&? WTSnacks was less annoying that your inbred ass.

Attached: 1461832382972.png (358x450, 118K)

this had to be the most misinterpreted shows of the decade. anime fans literally need themes and messages aggressively shoved down their throat by shows to even know they are there. embarrassing

FUCKING ROCKS

Attached: 1522705812870.jpg (500x255, 19K)

You guys always somehow conveniently cut out important bits of information to fit your headcanon don't you? You are no better than the editors.

Attached: 1474092689399.jpg (3000x7000, 2.05M)

Attached: AB01F8C6-DB00-42DE-B3B0-72E9C482FEE9.jpg (900x1358, 182K)

cursed image

THIS

is there any fan translation of arcs 1-3 of WN?

No, but as I said the LN follows it closely enough 1-7. The Subaru’s might have their differences but at least up until that point they are on the same track

>WTSnacks
>tfw there are still other people here who remember the hero Yea Forums needs.

You truly don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Attached: bring-back-snacks.png (680x432, 602K)

Attached: 8D0AC6E9-E9ED-42C8-B63D-E437A127981C.jpg (850x1195, 214K)

Self insert character

Did they really have to make him so sexy?

Attached: 101F0D52-CA66-474E-9723-995E874B2ADB.jpg (611x1199, 113K)

Attached: 64587472-DBB2-414E-A84D-81A7FFC6AEEE.jpg (855x1200, 137K)

Attached: 1297AF54-81BE-44ED-8EEE-7334CCB4C326.jpg (849x1200, 318K)

who in the fuck can self insert as Subaru? What kind of weeb can relate to the amount of self confidence, initiative, willpower, and success he has?

Making him a canon cross dresser was a little too far

Attached: E846E179-A69C-47D1-BB82-81D205826CE4.jpg (1129x1200, 605K)

One that never goes outside

Attached: 00686469-6558-49C7-A96F-2DC20563B7A9.jpg (860x1200, 214K)

Attached: CF889823-F998-42C6-9266-37FC092A856F.jpg (550x1200, 99K)

So it can be adapted into anime. The original just wasn’t fit for tv

I'd love to see how well you take getting horribly murdered over and over and the person you're doing it for not even knowing about it

holy shit
is it really that bad? Editor-kun really screwed many novels like Incel Hero, Overlord and now this

>Incel Hero
I would actually say that the LN is a improvement overall, you lose the bits of the MC that set him apart but the side characters are so much more fleshed out and the middle arcs are so much better than their WN counterparts.

Attached: DF6D6027-3DB0-46A1-91AD-92AF019AC2E6.jpg (843x1200, 303K)