Let's be honest here: even if you hate these three shows, you cannot deny their impact. Therefore...

Let's be honest here: even if you hate these three shows, you cannot deny their impact. Therefore, the question is: which light novel adaptation had the biggest impact on anime?

Attached: 1533985783655.jpg (1998x986, 2.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=/m/02rfzq3,/m/0gtxdb2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Haruhi, not even a question. In terms of which is the best though, monogatari

Haruhi, without a doubt. Anyone who says otherwise is just being silly.

Haruhi.

SAO still spearheaded a decade of shitty isekai

Is this the new KusoAnus meme or do people seriously not understand how game changing SAO was, has been and likely always will be?

Bake, because it taught the industry that you could air a half finished product and people will eat that shit up anyway as long as it has cute girls, single-handedly ruining the industry

>grouping haruhi and bake in with SAO
sao was influential
but it's also shit

Attached: 1557042894363.jpg (941x841, 325K)

So are the other two. Especially Haruhi. Your point?

Haruhi and Oreimo. Monogatari is boring pretentious slideshow shit aimed at horny pseudointellectual teenagers

Attached: haruhi kirino.png (1377x2039, 1.16M)

Haruhi and Oreimo are also aimed at horny teenagers, though.

>biggest impact on anime?
NOT Haruhi, that's for sure.

They don't take themselves too seriously, though

That's a hard question and nobody here nows the exact answer so why did you ask that?

Did Bake even have an impact? It's not like other shows copied the gimmicks that were used to bridge the production gaps, everything continued to air "complete" with standard drops in quality at crunch points with more and more reliance on CG backgrounds/crowds/etc to reduce the workload. CG crowds wouldn't be a thing if Bake was influencing the industry; everyone would just drop background characters entirely.

Bake itself came in on Haruhi's influence, but its success could certainly have added to the wave.

In what way?
Haruhi paved the way for boy meets weird girl?
Monogatari paved the way for............. fuck if I know?
SAO paved the way for more isekai shit?

Quite true.
ZnT was the isekai-harem prototype not SAO.

I would say Haruhu because 1) It was basically the first huge hit based on a light novel so it contributed greatly to the hige number of anime based on lignt novels rather than manga and 2) Kyon is prototype for the legion of snarky "normal" high school guy leads that have dominated the industry ever since.

>Monogatari
>better than Haruhi
Shaftfags everyone!

At least I can watch Monogatari without being bored out of my mind. Also I will never watch eight episodes that are literally the same because of some unfunny meta joke.

>implying Endless Eight matters

Haruhi is pretty much forgotten with no season 3 in sight while based SHAFT continues to adapt Monogatari, which still sells like hotcakes. Monogatari is a far better series than time flops like Haruhi.

Attached: 1436864945482.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

It's not a matter of quality, Haruhi died because the author is too busy hiring prostitutes with his LN money. It's okay though, ending with the movie is a great way to go.

That is even worse.

The question was not "which the most popular now" but "which light novel adaptation had the biggest impact on anime?"

SAO. It's the one big show that popularized isekai for normies while at the same time working as gateway anime for people who weren't into it before. Monogatari is not as popular as Yea Forums might says it is, and it's certainly not the first thing one watches when first entering the world of anime.

To rile up the retards, naturally.

Haruhi

Haruhi and Monogatari is basically the same.

>monogatari
>impactful

Who started this meme? Nothing resembles it remotely, years later its still relatively unique. People can't copy it because its driven by writing and not SOL hijinks or RPG menus.

SAO changed the landscape of anime forever.

Pretty sure Bunny Girl Senpai was BakeLite.

>Nothing resembles it remotely
Bunny Girl Senpai?

I fucking wish more anime/LN writers took their writing and characters as seriously as Monogatari does. Anyways SAO has the most impact and its not even close

>boring pretentious slideshow shit aimed at horny pseudointellectual teenagers
people that think pseudo intellectualism is offputting are usually coming off their pseudo intellectual phase of puberty.
Something that's actually intellectual doesn't exist in this medium. I'll take what I can get.

Yeah but being an influence to the industry is different from a hack ripping off your IP 8 years after the fact.

Haruhi, not even a question. Bake didn't influence anything and SAO was itself just the most prominent member of an existing trend.

Bake is the better anime though.

The question is, from where did the "literally me" anime boy character originate? That's the true impact.

Attached: literally me.png (498x809, 509K)

The interesting point there is that the anime adaption was nothing like Bake's despite the source being a copycat.

SAO it’s not even a contest. It’s impact was so big that it even affected LNs and manga, that’s how big of an impact it has had.

SAO

Bake is the best imo, but Haruhi and SAO are the most influencial on this decade; if we include everything, SAO, Haruhi, Madoka and OPM had the biggest impact on anime in the last 10 years imo.

What impact has OPM had on the industry?

>Madoka and OPM
What? I can be tricked to agree with you on Madoka if you choose your words carefully. But fucking OPM? Excuse me?

madao

If Monogatari truly made an impact, then every season would have some sort of Powerpoint Presentation show.

Why Haruhi tho? It's nowhere near as popular as SAO.

Does anyone still care about Haruhi? I know some younger "anime fans" who haven't even heard of it.

It's not really relevant anymore, particularly compared to the two other series that are still active that the OP describes, but that's not really the same as not having been a major influence

There's probably some weirdo somewhere that still does but most have accepted that its a dead franchise now.

Yea Forums still has yearly rewatches of Disappearance.

Haruhi is basically what Ranma is back in the late 2000's. A juggernaught at the peak of its popularity a few years after it's airing, but now is merely an afterthought.

SAO normiized the non on TV anime

It was a negative impact

I still see people here begging for season 3 but outside of that most people have moved on.

It's the same type of people that begs for more LWA.

What impact? I've been watching anime since the early 1990s. These shows did nothing to the anime industry. Get on my level.

But its popularity wasn't that big, right? I mean anime in general was a very niche thing back then.

Haruhi for sure. Monogatari is a much better series but it remains pretty unique. I don't think many shows even try to copy it. There are only a handful where you can clearly see the influence.

Haruhi was fucking huge dude.

Estabilishing an OP character, completely changing the typical "path of the hero" and the climatic, long battles, and basically changing the way of thinking a MC and shonen. It's a modern cult. While others may have more influence in the last years, i feel OPM impact is less strong in the short term but will last way longer.

Hello, zoomer.

I don't read OPM. It sounds more like it's something "new and fresh" rather than an "impact".

I'm not even a capeshit shonenfag, but even I think BHA will make a bigger impact than One Shit Man.

But how? I mean I know Naruto was huge because it was airing on tv but haruhi? It wasn't airing on tv. How does it compare to snk or opm?

Where do you think anime normally airs if not on TV?

Not every anime becomes popular when it gets a TV airing overseas. How many people still give a shit about Wolf's Rain?

When people are talking about popularity or impact, no one is talking about it in relation to the west. The west is irrelevant to this.

trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=/m/02rfzq3,/m/0gtxdb2
It doesn't seem that huge to me. I guess it is because anime fanbase was really small at the time.

>Comparing otaku centric medium to normalfag medium
Really?

You guys know nothing. Shakugan no Shana is the real god here. Just bend the knee, plebs.

>The serie that influenced anime the most doesn't even have a proper anime adaptation.

Attached: 3153.jpg (800x600, 209K)

Attached: 1556464295057.png (555x585, 134K)

Let's not forget that asterisk war was quite influential as well, it put an end to a trend that people thought would never end.

light noves, visual novel, I didn't pay attention, but the point is not a single light novel comes close to the influence muv luv had.

Please don't make me side with the frogposter

Haruhi paved the way for light novels adaptations, cute girls doing cute things, Kyoto Animation and more, is not even a contest

Well to respond to the thread out of those three Harui was by far the most influential.

Attached: Haruhi#06 _000g.jpg (1970x1400, 382K)

>Haruhi paved the way for light novels adaptations
This has been happening since the 1990s. Example: Record of Lodoss War.
>cute girls doing cute things
Azumanga Daioh. Lucky Star.
>Kyoto Animation
They were already popular from FMP (which is another light novel turned anime btw), Air, Clannad and Lucky Star.

Haruhi was a fad anime and is completely irrelevant.

>comparing by amount of searches
>when one came before the golden era of smartphones and the other came out in the middle of the boom
user, what the fuck are you even trying to do?

Lucky Star came after Haruhi stupid.

>SAO still spearheaded a decade of shitty isekai
No. What SAO spearheaded was Web Novels getting some consideration for possible Light Novel publication and that's all to it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Isekai itself was spearheaded by the Log Horizon anime and later the Overlord anime. Only then did the "isekai boom" really start, though in most cases they first got a manga adaptation which ends up being either trash, or sometimes a decent sustainable manga adaptation and in some very rare cases an unprecedented success like Slime's manga.

>Haruhi paved the way for light novels adaptations
Do you want to laughed at or something? Do you really not realize how many LNs got adapted before KusoAnus shat out Haruhi?
>cute girls doing cute things
Haruhi is a harem, not CGDCT you dumb nigger. And CGDCT had always been present in form of mahou shoujo.
>Kyoto Animation and more, is not even a contest
>and more
So nothing, then.

These guys are all radically different though. I think you're looking for the self insert character which has been a thing since forever.

gatari impacted on what

>Do you want to laughed at or something?
While attributing it to Haruhi is indeed a stretch, in 2006 alone were adapted almost a third of the total until then, so it came out at one of the big booms of LN adaptations.

>Overlord
>Log Horizon
>Spearheading Isekai
No, it's Re:Zero. It's also because of it that LN contests started to ban entries featuring isekai.

Haruhi is easily the most influential. As for best, any answer is acceptable other than Shit Art Online.

GIVE ME ZOKU OWARI NOW NOW NOW YOU WILL DO IT NOW SHAFT

Why are their faces like that

Monogatari was the most successful adaptation out of those.

Kyon's literally a pretend normalfag whose problem is getting too conformist, how the fuck is that literally me?

>Seething SAO Shitter

Attached: 1369451667152.png (488x446, 106K)

Just because it keeps getting released doesn't change that it stopped being good long ago, at least Haruhi ended with a high note.

Most influential and best is Haruhi.

It’s hard to say unless you started watching seasonal anime a long time before Haruhi. SAO had a way bigger impact than Bakemonogatari though.

>LN contests started to ban entries featuring isekai
Really?