AOTD

Now that the 2010's are nearly over what was AOTD?
I doubt there's any chance there will be a contender in the next 2 season so might as well decide now.

Attached: 2010s-640x320.png (640x320, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/12978
sakugabooru.com/post/show/59738
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/175771690/#175771690
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020s
google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.animeclick.it/immagini/anime/Yurikuma_Arashi/cover/Yurikuma_Arashi-cover.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.animeclick.it/anime/6954/yuri-kuma-arashi&docid=yb72-Zi-MQWX_M&tbnid=dlHVGylRFvqd4M:&vet=10ahUKEwinpqG88oPiAhUGLFAKHbtuALYQMwg1KAAwAA..i&w=1000&h=1461&bih=752&biw=1440&q=yurikuma arashi&ved=0ahUKEwinpqG88oPiAhUGLFAKHbtuALYQMwg1KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lucky Star since no anime this decade came close, so it carries over to this one.

Mob psycho.

>inb4 violet evergarden

Mob psycho 100/10

Unironically Madoka

Attached: 2e6.png (500x647, 732K)

Attached: pom.png (517x465, 289K)

>doubt there's any chance there will be a contender in the next 2 season
Not so fast.

Attached: Chikyuugai_Shounen_Shoujo-cover.jpg (565x800, 159K)

My lewdable son mob

K-ON!!, if 2010 anime are allowed.

Kill la Kill

Wantanabe, Ikuhara, yuasa, imaishi > Iso > shinkai hack

All of those are past their prime, while Iso has been preparing for his next masterpiece for 12 years.

I think gridman.

That and Vinland Saga i guess.

Nope
Wantanabe C&T is better than bebop

Ikuhara was always gay

yuasa more movies better than Miyazaki

imaishi finally an original movie

Iso won’t be better than planets

> shinkai doing the same shit over and over with ugly visuals and boring love stories

Well yes retard the decade started in 2010 but k-on doesn't count since it first aired in 2009.
On the contrary HxH would count since it's completely a new adaptation that aired entirelly in this decade.

>gridman
Not even the best Trigger anime you have horrible taste.

It's been IM@S since 2011 and it will continue to be IM@S.

Attached: 1547498732208.jpg (1000x1535, 244K)

Symphogear, of course.

The second season of K-ON is a different anime.

What do you faggots expect for the 2020's in anime? Will the medium die as a whole now with more western investments and the increase in fully CGI anime?
Is there anything new to look forward to or everything will go to shit? Any adaptations you would want to see in the next decade?

>C&T better than bebop
lmoa, cringe and bluepilled
>yuasa better than miyazaki
lmoa
>imaishi
>good
>planetes better than dennou coil
absolute shit taste

Kimi no Na wa. Not only the AOTD but also the best, biggest, most successful and most important anime of ALL TIME.

Attached: your name.jpg (1536x2048, 592K)

>what was AOTD?
Unit Pandora for normal anime, Nighthawk Star overall

Attached: 3454657656542339871234.png (770x456, 221K)

That fourth J9 anime that was supposed to come out in 2016 would be really nice to finally get released.

Most of my favorite anime are from this decade.
Konosuba, Himouto Umaru Chan, Steins;Gate

Based Elon

more movies, probably
more chinkshit
maybe some more one off web anime exclusives for a new age of OVA-likes
death of physical media
this decade was pretty bad compared to the one before

Attached: 1337551140357.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Either Bunny Girl Senpai or Yahari.

Attached: 1554635920442.jpg (1920x1080, 570K)

Are you literally me?

Attached: 1544422032823.webm (640x480, 3M)

Jojo

underage b&

>Himouto Umaru Chan
Is it even possible for a human to have such shit taste? Especially since i liked Steins Gate and i didn't watch Konosuba so i couldn't tell about that one.but itseems decent compared to that hamster shit.

this. both are easily the best written anime of the decade, especially when it comes to dialogue

Attached: aotd.png (625x352, 389K)

Ping Pong The Animation

Attached: PPTA.png (1280x720, 889K)

It might be still hard to say his works deserves AOTD, but Tatsuki must be the one who will go down in anime history as an epoch-making creator.

Well, Steins;Gate is pretty entry level, so it isn't surprising that someone would like it, even if they have shit taste

Milky Holmes.

Attached: typical loli dykes.png (1405x793, 1.44M)

my hero academia

Dragon Ball Super.

this

Attached: cause i ping poooong.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Attached: 17946839.png (668x479, 185K)

hunter x hunter how is this even a debate

Attached: 1540643067584.jpg (1920x1080, 628K)

>le suffering magical girl
>good

Attached: I just feel my wind.gif (320x180, 2.1M)

Based and samefagpilled

Attached: 1336696495227.jpg (2112x2769, 1.48M)

Hunter x Hunter 2011
Other contenders: Madoka, Fate/Zero, AOT s1

Good job user you have the most normalfag cancerous taste ITT.

>All that entry level trash

kys

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Yea Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Yea Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

haven't seen this one but the synopsis reads like militairy k-on

i dunno if worth watching or just another shitshow

based and /thread

Yorimoi and it's not even close.

Attached: top-main-v3.jpg (800x1050, 363K)

>cute girls doing literally nothing
I do not understand this at all, is it just some meme are so many of you into a conspiracy where you pretend to be retarded and enjoy this shit just to fuck with my head?
Literally what's the appeal to any of this shit?

It's top 10 for the decade at least.

Attached: 1517331711239.jpg (1280x720, 398K)

that says more about the quality of the decade than the show itself

Ahem

Attached: 7850355.3.jpg (500x735, 80K)

>is it just some meme are so many of you into a conspiracy where you pretend to be retarded and enjoy this shit just to fuck with my head
There are at least 50 popular series here which also have cute girls doing very little so it'd be a major conspiracy, one that the Japs would also have to be in on considering the success of things like K-On over there.

5ch's Top 10 Best Anime of the Heisei Era:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Madoka Magica
3. Aria
4. A Place Further Than the Universe
5. Shirobako
6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
8. Dragon Ball Z
9. Azumanga Daioh
10. Hyouka

Who?

Penguindrum

Attached: [Zurako]_Mawaru_Penguindrum_02_Risky_Survival_Strategy_(BD_1080p_AAC)_[D3E8A595].mkv_snapshot_05.18_ (1920x1080, 257K)

Kino and patrician choices.

seethe harder
>Yea Forums hates imaishi
exactly the opposite friendo, they suck him off

Oreimo, of course

Attached: ore no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai.jpg (1149x1600, 1.13M)

Evangelion.

There's no good anime since 90s

Unironically Mob Psycho 100, my second pick would be Jojo

Attached: 1549330882817.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

What about Ping Pong and all the other adaptations of stories fromt he 90's user? This year also had more good series than the 90s

This.
Hi Re*dit.

Ignore him, Ping Pong won Yea Forums's official AOTD poll

>everyone that I dislike is reddit
>btw my pick is Oreimo xDDDD

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, please follow the rules if you want to stay

Someone make a strawpoll with
>Ping Pong
>Madoka
>Kill la Kill
>Tatami Galaxy
>Jojo
>Steins Gate
>k-on s2
>psycho pass s1
>fate/zero
>hyouka
>kimi no na wa
>mob psycho
Just using some posted here.

We already talked about it
1990s Evangelion
2000s Gurren Lagann
2010s Oreimo

Attached: 1421638032407.jpg (739x990, 133K)

This and anyone claiming otherwise is a contrarian idiot.

Attached: 3bc2735ecb47b975a0360d5d64cb4d28.jpg (2777x2471, 3.39M)

Fuck off, Barakamon won 2014 and HARD, and if you want to talk about outside Yea Forums, Akame ga Kill won, Ping Pong is literally only for tryhard edgy fans.

No, thanks.

>psycho pass s1
>fate
>Hyouka
I mean okay the first 2 are subjective but Hyouka? Really? That boring pretentious shit that doesn't know what it wants to do?

Mob Psycho is a niche thing. It will only be remembered by the technical part. Its characters and story had no impact at all. Stop being pretentious.

Why the fuck is EVA even there?

>Ping Pong
>Edgy

Attached: 1483723595602.gif (300x351, 61K)

Heisei era retard, not the decade.

>edgy
Why do you use words that you clearly have no understanding of? Do you even know what that word means? And TG, SAO, Seven deadly Sins and unlimited blade works were way more popular outside among normalfags than fuckign Akame ga kill which even they thought was poorly written edgy garbage,that actually was really edgy unlike ping pong you dumb faggot,

Madoka by far.

Attached: Madoka frontpage.jpg (1680x6909, 1.01M)

It was garbage and i couldn't get past the first 4 episodes but some anons posted it and i do believe that even the opinions of retards should have value. We are votign here afterall.

EVA aged like milk. Who really cares about it today?

>people still asking this
Excuse me, I didn't knew your favourite anime also became an important element on the congress and political system of Japan.

Attached: Make Japan Great Again.jpg (600x800, 84K)

Not even the best anime of its season let alone year or decade.

Based retard.

Yeah, that's the kind of anime edgy teenagers like, just let it sink that Akame ga Kill and Ping Pong are on the same level and yet people outside here still prefer the former.
Why don't you learn to read first.

This

but that was a stupid idea. 18s should not be allowed to vote.

Speaking of, did it pass or not?

Madoka of course, but because it was popular and Yea Forums is now just a bunch of contrarians you guys like to pretend it wasn't a masterpiece.

user the best arc in the whole show doesn't even have a fight in it

Ping Pong ou Mobbu.

Re:Zero unironically

That's why is boring.

>Yeah, that's the kind of anime edgy teenagers like, just let it sink that Akame ga Kill and Ping Pong are on the same level
People that liked Akame ga Kill didn't even pick up Ping Pong because of it's artsty;e. Literally nothing edgy about it but you are such an autistic fucking cunt that you call anything that is not a pointless moe edgy.

Close.
90s
>Eva
00s
>Haruhi
10s
>Oreimo

Attached: haruhi kirino.png (1377x2039, 1.16M)

Your post proves exactly what I'm saying, i'm not calling the show edgy by the way.

It was pretentious garbage filled with contradictions and one dimensional characters the whole premise of the hsow was retarded Psycho Pass was just as simplistic in it's view of morality and lack of nuance but it at least had a better concept and setting
Madoka was dogshit user, even the first season Thunderbolt Fantasy was better.

>pseud-intellectual crap
>moe waifu bait
>moe waifu bait
I expected more from Yea Forums, this is reddit.

>it wasn't a masterpiece
it isn't a masterpiece Madoka is 8.5/10

Does she have autism?
I was never able to piece it together

>longer timer has passed between then and now than it had passed betweent the creation of Yea Forums and the date of this screenshot.
Time sure flies.

We have 2 seasons left but so far Madoka or MiA easily.

It depends if they do any do any early preview shows in December before the primary release in January.

Attached: 87675645382.jpg (886x1200, 107K)

>Look mom I'm so contrarian!

Attached: [DeadFish] Aria the Origination - 13 [DVD][480p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_23.53_[2016.01.15_03.13.16].png (848x480, 824K)

longer time*

Decade lasts until 2021 retard

For me, it's these.

Attached: 2010s.jpg (1341x1209, 819K)

>top seller
>praised by industry legends
>most awards in the history of anime
>top3 in literally every japanese poll

You know it's objectively Madoka and every other suggestion is just trolling or being a butthurt contrarian.

Attached: [Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Part_III_-_Rebellion_[BD][h264-720p_AAC][06B21A44].mkv_snapshot_0 (1280x720, 2.35M)

If being reddit tier is a problem to you Ping Pong is one of the highest rated anime by them. Add in that Yuasa did an AMA there and it is the most reddit choice around.

Attached: pingpong.jpg (1280x720, 485K)

Insignificant compared to the success of Your Name.

Attached: 91Z1PV6nvGL._SY741_.jpg (495x741, 73K)

Anyone who doesn't think Madoka is the most important anime this decade is either a contrarian or has only been watching anime on Netflix for two years

Other titles like Ping Pong, Space Dandy or Shinsekai Yori are fucking amazing but they didn't make as much of an impact

Attached: 1479046883936.jpg (2339x1956, 331K)

Considering that the median anime is a 1/10 that's quite good.

hyouka and shin sekai yori are so fuckin boring though

>Anyone who doesn't think Madoka is the most important anime this decade is either a contrarian or has only been watching anime on Netflix for two years
Or maybe they just have a different taste than you? Ever thought about that?

Attached: 123847129304.png (639x469, 348K)

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

The whole Bakemonogatari series is a masterpiece. Hunter x Hunter remake is a masterpiece as well. Slightly lower in ranks are stuff like Steins;Gate, Hyouka, No Game No Life, One Pan Man, Kiseijuu, Yuri Yuri, Witch Craft Works, and Underwater Ray Romano S2.

If I have to give it name only 1, I'd say Bakemonogatari defined this decade.

Madoka + Rebellion is one of the best combos of the decade for sure.

Hyouka maybe but Shinsekai Yori picked up after the first arc.

unionically mushishi season 2

Infern Cup!

Attached: 1379874758856.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Baccano followed by Steins; Gate.

See

not everyone is diagnosed with ADHD, user.

>pretentious garbage with forced animation
>AOTD

Attached: 1494120077104.png (240x257, 109K)

I thought about that, and it's probably true in forums where people discuss these things in good faith and defend their honest opinions, definitely not here though.

Slideshows, not force animation. SLIDE SHOWS. Get it right.

could be opm or the last season of bleach snk season 1 was nice too but theres nothing better than these

Only in box office.

This goes beyond horrible taste.

Are you insane? Your Name's success completely changed the theatrical anime landscape in just a few years, kickstarted sociological studies to explain why it resonated with the Japanese so viscerally, took Miyazaki out of retirement. Madoka simply can't compete.

Poputepipikku

Madoka

This.

Attached: 1441477412501.jpg (522x404, 36K)

I don’t know about AOTD, but AMOTD is definitely Madoka Rebellion.

I liked Kimi no na wa and it made mad box office numbers by virtue of it being a fun Shinkai film unlike 5cm/s, but it didn't matter at all afterwards. It's been a couple years and nobody cares or has anything worth saying about it.

Madoka's influence can still be felt today in the industry, and people are still arguing about its merits and flaws. It made a difference

Objectively HxH

Based and Hiatuspilled

>It's been a couple years and nobody cares or has anything worth saying about it.
I can someone be this ignorant? Your Name's insane success, together with the decline of studio Ghibli, changed the theatrical anime landscape completely. More and more studios and directors are throwing themselves on the big screen chasing that success, ex-Ghibli animators that first moved to Your Name are now flocking all over the industry, copycats like Fireworks and the upcoming Yuasa movies are straight up marketed to the same audience. Miyazaki was fucking taken out of retirement by the movies smashing his record.
And then there's the academia, studies trying to explain why Your Name resonated with the japanese population so viscerally, taking to the theatre young people and old folk who didn't go to see a movie in decades alike.
A modest success and influence within the niche otaku industry like Madoka is literally nothing compared to Your Name. Nothing.

*How can someone

>all these posts
>not a single one has mentioned Kiseiju, DRRR!!, Sakamichi no Apollon, Shinseksi Yori, Mushishi Zoku and Sho, OPM s1, Shirobako, Made in Abyss, FMA: Brotherhood, Death Parade, Bakemonogatari, Your Lie in April, Anohana, Kokoro Connect, Usagi Drop, Assassination Classroom, Chihayafuru, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Tatami Galaxy, Erased, Chuunibiyo s1, Sakurasou, Mawaru Penguindrum, Gintama 2011-now

I didn't even included films, just series, and only those i remembered. I mean, Madoka, Steins, Fate, Psycho Pass, Mob, HxH could still be the best, but the lack of mentions and alternatives of so many good anime speaks loud of new Yea Forums culture.

Literally Shingeki no Kyojin
No other anime has art, story and voice acting like it. Thinking anything else just makes you a butthurt contrarian.

Most of those are shit user.

Butthurt pretentious contrarian who probably thinks neon genesis trashelion is good and strokes his facial pubic hair while talking about it.

But Penguindrum and Bakemonogatari have been mentioned you moron, and those are the only 2 in that list which are potentially AOTD-tier.

Also FMA:B isnt even eligible as it came out last decade.

Infinite Stratos

>AOTD
>Death Parade

Nope. It was a disappointment, especially when you compare it to Death Billiards, one of the best OVAs ever.

>most of these are shit
>including shigatsu wa kimi no uso

stop LYING raging fag :'(

At least someone mentioned a few more anime before my post , saving the day

You're a retard, Your Name made waves bigger than Madoka ever did

>Its another "Yea Forums virgins try to think of the most obscure dogshit anime to try and impress other Yea Forums virgins" thread

Hunter x Hunter 2011 is pretty good until the Chimera Ant saga. Unfortunately it gets very very bad pacing then.

Jojo for bringing heat since 2012.

ping pong is garbage

Pacing isn't great but it's still the best arc

Try reading the chimera ant arc as it was coming out with all the hiatuses, narrator dumps, and terrible art that had to be redone.

That hasn't been confirmed for 2019

The remake of Stardust Crusaders. It literally has it all

to be honest, i wouldn't say that there's an anime of the decade, rather i would do a tier list of the value of the classic that were made this decade, starting for tier "F" to tier "A" or "S", obviously still being classics

It doesn't have cute girls.

It will be Vinland Saga.

I won't bother to debate what was the best show of the decade but if anyone disagrees in saying that SAO was unironically the most influencial anime of the decade he's retarded.

Shit Art Online. Sadly,no other anime in the history of anime had such impact, except Gundam.

>Brown loli voiced by Rie

If you're watching anime for cute girls, you're clearly 14

What are your favorite 3 anime? I'm curious what the high taste of a mature adult like you looks like

Seasonal AOTD? Probably Madoka, even though I personally have no interest in it and have never seen it.

AOTD including movies? Your Name, no question about it. Huge profit, huge impact. Even my finance's 55 year old mom watched it.

My personal AOTD? Space Dandy, followed by Shirobako.

Attached: J23pGsc.png (580x843, 147K)

>A Place Further Than the Universe
Stop shilling your dead time flop, faggot.
It's not cute girls doing cute things/nothing, it's ugly girls doing melodramatic things, and it's a piece of garbage that no one even remembers. It doesn't even have a sequel, and only people who have extremely low standards praise that piece of garbage.

Attached: 1529325874960.jpg (3840x4320, 1.07M)

>Shinsekai Yori
How is it amazing? It's literally worse than Sword Art Online.

LOGH, Jojo and Stand Alone Complex.

It's not about my being an adult, it's about the kinds of people who watch sex pest shows

Mm yes nice pretentious anime list there.

My favorite anime is umaru-chan, because i don't hate fun

Anyone who says Yorimoi deserves public execution.

Attached: 1532795374846.jpg (979x1200, 185K)

Bake came out in 2009 and even then it's worse than MiA, Mushishi and Shinsekai Yori.

So a show that came out in 2009 define the 2010's decade?

Kill yourself, subhuman Yori shill.

Attached: 1540226825139.png (1021x1035, 1.33M)

Devilman Crybaby was betetr than anything there.

Honestly? Baki was by far the best anime this season and the manliest too no more of that gaycute girl stuff MANime is back faggots.

Attached: 1556157358843.jpg (474x750, 201K)

>JoJo
>Pretentious

How about you call him a Yea Forums faggot or a normalfag like he is?

better question: Who was LOTD?

Attached: 1497906242869.png (1280x720, 864K)

hxh is the manga of the last 30 years, desu

if I had to pick one, prob would be Gintama.
Shinsekai yori 2nd
*monogatari 3rd

The reason why something like Madoka gets mentioned so many times why those others don’t is not because people haven’t seen those shows or don’t like them, it’s because it’s a clear cut fact that Madoka will be remembered for a long time while those other shows will much sooner fade from the public’s consciousness. You could make the greatest anime ever, but if nobody sees it, it’s meaningless.

i wish i could mention some mecha but most of the hyped mecha turned into big meme shows

g-reco and ibo ironically are the best mecha i would reccomend from this decade
g-reco if you are a gundam fan, ibo if you are a casual

Katanagatari is anime of the decade.

This.
But since I think movies should be considered separately,
This.
Which is unfortunate for a number of reasons, since it came out so early in the decade.
Other honorable mentions may be SOA, Kemono Friends, Love Live, and maybe AoT.

Mind you, I've only seen a handful of any of those shows, but when thinking objectively, my opinion isn't the only one that matters. It's about the impact these shows had on the industry, and anime fans as a whole, that make them the defining series of the decade.

Attached: 1368957819913.jpg (558x932, 219K)

Shiro from No Game No Life

It would unironically be Space dandy.

Attached: Y9qfXHF.jpg (675x477, 137K)

memes are good, thats what made sidonia & gargantia

Steins;gate or Shinsekai Yori

sakura

see, sidonia and gargantia aren't bad shows, just are worth mentioning at all

>IBO
>Good on any way

Ultra shit taste mechafaggot.

It's called promare and your grandchildren will be talking about it

if you go into it not thinking of it as a gundam or some sort of space opera how but a story about abused children and child soldiers it holds up

Hyouka

What was so good about that voring shit? It was so painful to sit through you might as well say Charlotte, at least that one was fun to watch.

lol nice taste

>The year 1980 wasn't part of the '80s
>The year 1990 wasn't part of the '90s
>The year 2000 wasn't part of the '00s
>The year 2010 wasn't part of the '10s
>The year 2020 won't be part of the '20s

No user, the retard here is you.

Attached: 1549169199727.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Trash opinon discarded.

For me it was sora no woto.
Other anime that came close were NNB+R, SG0, and yorimoi.
I didn't watch enough movies to even consider them.

Attached: 1548203906715.jpg (1920x1080, 85K)

If you ironically believe this, you are probably;ly suicidal. If I thought the best thing that came out in a whole year was yahari, I don't know how the fuck I would deal with that horror.

This.

Easy Madoka. Might be Snk if this season delivers, but I doubt it.

Put in one more unironic vote for Madoka. But this thread is full of irony and """irony""", so I won't be reading replies to this post.

Attached: pmmm_1061.jpg (1500x1062, 773K)

Whichever one it is, it has to be one that aired in 2011. Other years have no comparably good anime

>1998 was 31 years ago

hold me bros...

>ctrl+F Katanagatari
>1 result
I hate you all.
By far the best anime this decade.

Attached: 0748.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Theirs.

Attached: 1523032226505.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

I liked Invisible Victory the most out of the all the trash mecha shit we got, but it's a sequel to sequel and manga fanservice for the most part.

MJP got really good combat scenes but that storyline was so uninspired it's basically the mcdonalds of anime plots.

Came here to say Ping Pong

How do you know this without outing yourself as a redditor? Everyone on here seems to be secretly a redditor, confessing shit I don't even know is going on there.

Attached: 1526928583029.png (611x720, 400K)

Madoka, specifically Rebellion. If Rebellion didn't exit then I could possibly concede the title of AOTD to SnW, but with Rebellion being the masterpiece that it is, I don't see any other anime even coming close.

Violet Evergarden.

Attached: Night.webm (1440x810, 869K)

/thread

This.

Attached: 38247383439439.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

First and only time I cried watching a piece of media.

Did it really come out this decade? Feels like it's been around forever.

>Your Name's success completely changed the theatrical anime landscape in just a few years
How? What is its influence on the industry? Whom did it inspire?
>kickstarted sociological studies to explain why it resonated with the Japanese so viscerally
What? Who even gives a shit? If some western landwhale decides to write an essay about Carole and Tuesday, are you going to call it AOTS?
>took Miyazaki out of retirement.
He was never going to retire. His declaring retirement and then not actually doing it has been a running gag for quite a few years before Your Name ever aired.
3/10 got me to reply

I was going to go with Madoka but I may have to give it to VEG for anally destroying ADD Yea Forumsedditors like no other

Shit taste, even Mob is a better pick than this.

I've seen every single one of those, and only like 3-5 of them come close to Madoka (SSY, Mushishi, Shirobako, maybe Tatami, and MiA somewhere below those; not to mention Bakemonogatari was 2009). Most of them are complete dog shit. Erased and Chuuni as AOTS? Are you fucking kidding me? Either way Rebellion is still better than anything there

These guys are right. Madoka had a huge influence on the anime industry in the past decade. Only other possible contender is Shingeki no Kyojin.

it's madoka

I'm glad Yea Forums can still agree it's Madoka.

>Yea Forums
>implying it's not THAT tubo samefag(You)

Do you mean THAT samefag or that samefag?

(You) know the one.

Space Brothers

Clearly aot

this

It's SAO. Started the whole isekai and LN adaptation trend that has defined the 2010s.

You can stop samefagging now, nobody unironically believes Toilet Evergarbage to be AOTD.

Attached: 1515642998906.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

how did she do it???

Attached: mil.png (1315x622, 492K)

>APFTTU
Cancerous and poorly written moeshit.

By being the best!

Attached: 12094837859834.png (631x574, 678K)

Violet Evergarden.

>1 MILLION on a teaser
fucking crazy. can't wait for the actual PVs

Easily.

Attached: fp-fafexodus.jpg (387x387, 58K)

kek

This. Attack on Titan is genuinely the best show this decade.

>I doubt there's any chance there will be a contender in the next 2 season so might as well decide now.
Why would you doubt that?

>enter thread
>all this horrible taste
Maybe it is Oreino after all.

Attached: DzhTXgVUcAA3VD8.jpg orig.jpg (960x1237, 120K)

Best anime: Madoka
Best kinography: Flip Flappers

Attached: 1485420443475.jpg (1968x3598, 2.94M)

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Though if you are one of those fags that don't think movies count or that it wouldn't count because of Melancholy was in the 00s.
Then probably 3-gatsu, Sora No Woto, or Ping Pong.

Attached: [Doki] Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (1920x1080 Hi10P BD FLAC) [3F1D19CD].mkv_snapshot_02.29.54.899. (1920x1080, 189K)

If we're including anime that started in 2010's but haven't ended yet, it's unquestionably jojo. But if we're talking just in this decade, what can compete with Planet With?

Attached: space cats.png (1366x768, 1.24M)

My choice.

Attached: [Erai-raws] 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season - 16 [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_22.47_[2018.02.0 (1920x1080, 270K)

>The anime that killed SHAFT
agreed.

>he doesn't know

I want to participate on the discussion but my memories are pretty bad, it's like i watch something and enjoy that at the maximum level for months but before one year or two it's like i forgot everything. I don't even remember what animes i did watch in 2010~~2016

Attached: 165px-Th03Mimi-chan.png (165x100, 19K)

>but before
after**

I'm seriously disappointed that nobody has mentioned Rakugo yet.

Attached: 1a5cf74930e3f840d1e4722a243ba2c61452284006_full.jpg (640x960, 249K)

the only reason its not tatami galaxy is because of U.S. licensing restrictions

Literally the most obvious answer. If not AOTD, it at least has the best openings/endings

Attached: POSE.jpg (683x384, 164K)

It doesn't matter because there is no right answer, there isn't a single anime in existence that someone could name that someone else wouldn't come on and shit all over. So really as shallow as it sounds it does come down to popularity and which shows have stuck around in the culture for the longest time. That means that more niche shows like Ping Pong or Rakugo have little chance of recognition even if they easily qualify as top tier choices. In the end it's cartoons so who the fuck cares, like what you like and don't let these autistic fucks think for you.

Based Chadver of course

Attached: Straw Hat Asta.png (1040x1040, 1.27M)

Evergasm

Attached: 13890784934275493594.gif (800x455, 427K)

Unironically this

Madoka I guess.

shitty snorefest

This show is gorgeous.

Attached: bike keyfr.jpg (1199x786, 250K)

For some reason I get this weird feeling that this decade's animu began declining after 2014 and hasn't really recovered. I just don't enjoy it as much. Take shit shows like Valvrave and Darling for example. Valvrave was a lot more enjoyable than Darling. Both were trainwrecks, but Darling wasn't fun to watch and the threads were fast but not that great.

It all comes tumbling tumbling tumbling down

*mushishi was also pre-2009

The sakuga in this show looks so unbelievably good.

Hibikek.
Potatoes adventure.
Gembutts.
3gatsu.
Comfy campers.
Sorayori.
Violet everkino.

The last 2 years have been good.

This is true

Attached: reigen comparison.gif (540x304, 1.72M)

but SEED was 2002

Darling in the Franxx. Serious exploration of coming of age, realizing adults aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Deals with teen pregnancy, eating disorders, and sexual discovery much better than any live action teen drama.

It was a perfect anime about exploring the dark and uncharted territory of growing up and discovering yourself. Very beautiful series that will be remembered as a classic for decades to come.

Several of those are merely from autumn 2017, indicating a sudden uptick in quality before things fell back into a stupor

Zombieland was also in Autumn, though 2018. It feels like Autumn has become a time for good things.

Zombieland Saga is crap though

Being objective it's Madoka, everyone from the industry, critic and general public agrees it's the defining work of the decade

>all these adaptions being mentioned
Why not an original instead?

Attached: 1444893154410.jpg (480x519, 27K)

Being objective it would be the best selling anime of the decade, most likely love live, sunshine if I remember correctly.

Attached: 1550676846248.gif (320x239, 100K)

Hard to decide because so much good shit aired in 10 years.

Steins;Gate, Kill la Kill, Konosuba, MP100, HunterxHunter (2011), and I’m naming the best from very different genres.

Was this decade the best for anime in all its history?

Madoka is the second best selling anime of all time

Because they're mostly cancer. Just look at Trigger and PA Works' entire library. Also an original can be just as good as an adaptation and vice versa, what matters is the content.

Objectively speaking Violet Evergarden is the best. It's the most technically impressive TV Anime ever.

>industry
This show was a milestone for the industry, Madoka never was.

Attached: Mechanics.webm (704x396, 2.92M)

Got to agree with this user. If we're really being objective then it's VE. No other tv anime can compete in terms of production value. It's not just the animation that was amazing but the sound design was movie tier too from the thoroughness to the acoustics.

Attached: ad6153e72ea41da462632d56f9341030.jpg (1081x922, 120K)

>Milestone of the industry
Imagine if in 2020 90% of anime productions had the same production values as VEG.

The decade started in 2001. There's no year 0

No you

This but ironically

You posted a good picture of an anime that utterly fucking shat itself

Yikes, I was looking at the wrong table. Madoka won this decade.

MHA

Attached: Deku_Render.png (405x558, 284K)

I wish but we know that's unlikely. But user, They raised the bar, for the kinds of production values a tv anime could have, to higher than ever before. They proved that it's actually possible to give faithful adaptations to stuff like VNs that have really intricate and detailed art. This is undeniable.

Attached: Why VE is AOTD.jpg (2560x1440, 2.26M)

>I wish but we know that's unlikely.
I believe!

Attached: 1555652397362.jpg (2560x3650, 1.54M)

Madoka with Bakemonogatari series as honorable mention.

This was SHAFT's decade and no one else even came close.

Get real nigger, it's not happening. You would at least need to cut the amount of shows being produced in half to even come close. Maybe if the industry was producing 15 anime per season. They just don't have the infrastructure or the manpower for it. Kyoani train their own animators, that's also one of the major differences here.

Unironically Violet Evergarden.

Your opinion is not objectivity, VEG is absolutely irrelevant outside of your head.

Is it me or does somebody at Kyoani have a shoulder fetish?

Attached: kyoani shoulders.png (1280x689, 692K)

Not him but relevancy being used to judge the quality of a work is absolutely retarded. Lots of shounen and kids shows that air early in the morning are far more relevant than, say, Madoka. Fucking Precure is more relevant than Madoka and guess what, it's shit just like Madoka.

Deal with it.

It's not an opinion, newfag. It is well known to be the most impressive televised production ever. This show hand draws it's background characters, it animates it's background characters, whereas shows like Madoka can't even draw their fucking foreground characters properly.

Attached: 121248309383904.webm (800x450, 2.6M)

kek, This. Madoka was full of QUALITY.

Attached: 5743bc984bde0f6d2200e343eacd602d5d6e42c5_hq.jpg (1017x575, 83K)

Bocchi is on track to becoming it.

Attached: 1557009502348.jpg (228x208, 38K)

Attached: [DB]Puella Magi Madoka Magica_-_01_(Dual Audio_10bit_BD1080p_x265).webm (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Best boy of the decade

Don't use bocchi for ironic shitposting please.

>Shingeki no Kyojin
Big difference between sales plus mass appeal and quality.

honestly i don't see how people can consider madoka as AOTD when Shaft care so little about their productions. no wonder this industry has such shit standards

>subhuman madokafags
>people

So basically the most standard anime ever ignoring the fact anime turned to shit.

obviously Hibike. What a dumb question

>Shaft doesn't care about their productions
How do you propose this works?

>He thinks its ironic

pure, unfiltered kino

Attached: fgqefg.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

>best graphics = best videogame
When will you grow up?

Intent is irrelevant.

Attached: moot2012.png (438x93, 2K)

I don't think this though. I actually hate a lot of modern video-games for this exact reason. A lot of the best games I've played are still from the 80s and 90s even to this day. Still we should always be trying to push the boundaries of anime and continue raising production quality. I can't stand how awful most shaft production are. Also Violet Evergarden does have great things besides visuals like characters, symbolism, story-boarding, voice acting etc.. I can go into more detail if you want.

Definitely Hyouge Mono.

fucking kill yourself reddit

this is the right choice

It's probably Madoka. These things are just popularity contests anyway and they tend to be really, really biased toward more recent shows. That Madoka all the way from 2011 is still being remembered at all speaks to its exceptional popularity.
If we're just talking my personal favorite, for me it's the McPenguindrum

Attached: A9rEdk5.jpg (720x960, 83K)

We will never have a serious thread on Yea Forums right

>katanagarbage best anything
kill yourself

madoka and 3-gatsu were the most visually impressive for me

VEG is basically style over substance: the anime

Attached: 1534469085011.jpg (1280x1920, 328K)

2000s anime > 1990s anime

>only a couple of people have mentioned Flip Flap

Attached: 1476978706052.jpg (4163x1080, 1.31M)

This isn't a criticism. Any show with Evergarden's absurdly beautiful visuals would be style over substance. It's unreasonable to expect anything to live up to this.

Attached: 289128493081238.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

well, the second half was utter garbage and sold awfully bad

>generic ps2 tier cg
>slideshows that hardly move
>QUALITY
watch more anime. plenty of seasonal shit is more impressive and better produced. sangatsu is definitely better than madoka in that regard though

Attached: 3029409235443.jpg (848x808, 171K)

only memelords who didn't actually watch the show call the 2nd half garbage and sale numbers have nothing to do with the quality of a show

Attached: 1479400704700.webm (852x480, 2.13M)

Madoka's plot and characters are light years above pretty much anything that has aired this deacade.

This. It deserves more love.

The second half was good and sales do not determine quality.

the witch barriers are some of the most creatively sound designs in anime ever. don’t give a shit about your hot opinions nerd.

madoka's production values are a joke

Attached: 1400913236950.jpg (1920x1200, 2.04M)

Nice, I think there's too much to choose from but maybe Kill La Kill or Fate: Zero off the top of my head, I don't know for sure though.
What is?
Underrated.

Plot wise I agree it's better than 99% of anime but characters not so much. I don't like how they killed off mami too early. I feel like her death would've been more impactful if we got to know her a little longer.

Attached: 201947391428434.gif (500x281, 1.39M)

that doesn’t change the artistic value of madoka one bit. EVA’s production values are complete shit to the point that you can even tell the exact moment when they ran out of money and time and yet everyone in the medium acknowledges EVA for what it’s been for this industry

Hibike

Attached: 102148390843928324.png (878x1252, 1.35M)

I fucking hope so. That looks delicious!

that's not what impressive means kid

>complete shit to the point that you can even tell the exact moment when they ran out of money and time
Fucking THIS. Easily the most overrated anime of all time.

If you like pretty CGs with clunky animation just go rewatch VEG
Maybe Kyoani should just do that and only work making VN CGs

Re:Zero

Attached: Rem_chibi_thumbs up.png (519x469, 394K)

It very much does. Fuck garbage QUALITY like this.

Attached: 1209180493585094.png (560x720, 398K)

Like it or not, it's Sword Art.

I wasn't a big fan of SAO, for some reason it just couldn't hold my attention.

There is no artistic value in a hilariously bad retelling of Genesis with hilariously meh production values in an audiovisual medium. You having to bring up EVA only proves your shit doesn't hold up on its own.

Who is right here? All the big fish of the industry from all paths of anime, the critique and their universal acclaim making it the most lauded anime of all time, the sales polls of regular consumers from 5ch/futaba or that user on internet?

AnoHana

Nice joke, user.

Attached: 1556933995966.jpg (320x401, 37K)

You can't be this retarded can you? There are plenty of things in 99.99% of anime ESPECIALLY Madoka which could be refined and improved upon with better production values. For starters they could avoid having shitty CG backgrounds that clash with their characters, less off model garbage and actual animation in their damn show. Madoka is a fucking slideshow, it's hardly even animated. And it could do with more shading too, they only bothered to do 3 tone for their sakuga cut here.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/12978
See how much better this looks? They could've done this everywhere if they cared more.

With higher production values you have more details and more ambitious cuts etc.. The action could be better, everything could be better.

With better production values more if not all the backgrounds could be stylised and animated like this. Watch from 0:01 to 0:04.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/59738

EVA alone proves that your whole argument is wrong though. The rest is just your opinion, which isn’t really worth anything anyway.

You are legitimately braindead if you think it's perfect or that there isn't plenty of room for improvement in some areas.

>All the big fish of the industry from all paths of anime, the critique and their universal acclaim making it the most lauded anime of all time, the sales polls of regular consumers from 5ch/futaba or that user on internet?
Use you head instead of appealing to authority.

darling in the franxx is obviously the only correct answer

Attached: 576E57FC-FF5E-43C9-962F-996ADB2622E9.jpg (1080x1921, 180K)

>wanting (You)'s this bad
Enjoy it.

Attached: 120984392584123.jpg (1280x1040, 258K)

Madoka is perfect as it is, we already got a movie to see the full sakuga potential of Madoka. I don’t need to appeal to any authority I just happen to align myself with them because they are right, if everyone is wrong except you maybe it’s time to start considering other possibilities. Use your head.

Madoka = Shit

SIT
DOWN

Madoka defined the decade in terms of content. The sheer amount of shows it influenced certainly gives it the title Anime of the Decade. However the anime that was the best quality in my mind was Hyouge Mono.

Attached: hyouge.png (1280x720, 421K)

>Madoka is perfect as it is
So you are legitimately braindead then? Okay. I see no use continuing this conversation.

Usagi Drop failed for a a reason, daughterwife stories will never be a success, even less when the daughterwife is a hoe.

Is my idea or Yea Forums have officially changed "Boku no Pico" for "Violet Evergarden".

Good lord that is a great show. Really good OST too.

You're just mentally ill.

BASED AND DANDYPILLED

Attached: space_dandy_bones.jpg (640x360, 93K)

I think it's Violet Evergarden.

Just stop i’m not braindead. Madoka, with it’s imperfections, is perfect as it came out and had a ton of sakuga, the last thing it needs is a rebuild, if you want to see how Madoka would look with a huge budget and a big staff backing it just watch Rebellion, it has plenty of stunning sakuga.
I don’t even understand how you can hate Madoka when you sound like you like EVA and 3gatsu.

No, we changed "Boku no Pico" to "Madoka" ESL kun.

Violet Evergarden is the best show this decade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seethe more cucks.

Attached: smugrl104.png (828x963, 286K)

BASED AS FUCK

Cross Ange

>Just stop i’m not braindead
>Madoka, with it’s imperfections, is perfect
What the fuck does that even mean? You are braindead and on top of that you're deluded. Are you trying to make madoka fans look like retards?

>when you sound like you like EVA and 3gatsu
I can simply acknowledge that the show is not devoid of flaws and that it could be better. 3gatsu has better production values than Madoka but the story isn't as good.

Why do people hate it?

Sounds like you are the braindead here, what a waste of time.

Apparently some studio fanboys shilled it before the season it aired or something like that which pissed some people off. As a result some people are way harsher on it and like to pretend it isn't good.

Oh how Ironic.

Madoka can't be AOTD because Magireco will suck ass

That poster is right. Franxx has better production values than Madoka. Madoka doesn't even have average production values, that's how shit it is. Why should people have to tolerate the garbage production quality just because the story is good? It will never be on par with shows that actually have BOTH great narrative and visuals like Code Geass. I don't think a show like this deserves the title of best in it's decade if it can't even do that decently well.

Hating anything because of the fans is stupid. VEG was good.

Pretty much.

Excuse me, what part of that post was ESL?

The Tale of Princess Kaguya.

I agree, you have common sense. Sadly though a lot of people here are mentally ill and can't look past their grudges. Refusing to judge work on it's own merits.

VEG was good, but it wasn't anywhere close to good enough to be a contender for AOTD.

>but it wasn't anywhere close to good enough to be a contender for AOTD
Neither was Madoka when we look at it's visuals and sound design.

>people keep responding to falseflagging bait
just go to Yea Forums for that shit, at least there you have people that are actually retarded enough to hold bait tier opinions as truth.

I never called it AOTD, just that it is good. I'm actually not sure what I think my AOTD would be though.

I was unironically going to post this. (Assuming K-On S2 doesn't count since season 1 aired in 2009.)

My personal list would be:

0. K-On!!
1. Sora Yori
2. Hanayamata
3. Yuru Camp
4. New Game! (S1)
5. Gabriel Dropout
HMs. Anne Happy, Wataten, and SSSS.Gridman

Is just once again the proof that mentioning VEG should be a bannable offense.

Stop replying to yourself and just die.

I think Violet Evergarden is Anime of the Decade and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Attached: 209139834.gif (540x300, 1.18M)

The decade doesn't end until 2021 you fucking brainlet

Violet Evergarden

It's just, once again, proof that mentioning Madoka should be a bannable offence.

Kill yourself ESL.

Definitely Violet Evergarden.

Attached: 01290483412935434.webm (704x396, 2.55M)

>Anne Happy
Confirmed
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/175771690/#175771690

How do you get rid of spammers changing IPs?

Going with Violet Evergarden just because of how much it triggers underage retards.

Attached: bestgirlcrop.jpg (599x816, 110K)

Evergarden desu

Can we really not use anime from 2010? Wouldn't that also mean that we have to include shit that comes out in 2020? Or do we just never ever use anime that comes out in 1990/2000/2010/2020?

My waifu's Anime.

Attached: 209389238257953.webm (1920x1200, 2.87M)

Why not? The decade goes January 1st 2010 to December 31st 2019.

This is probably it, sorry madoniggers.

Toasting in bait bread.

1. The Tatami Galaxy (2010)
2. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (2016-2017)
3. Carnival Phantasm (2011)
4. Shinsekai Yori (2012-13)
5. Space Dandy (2014)
6. Kyousougiga (2013)
7. Shirobako (2014-15)
8. Mob Psycho 100 (2016)/S2 (2019)
9. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (2018)
10. Psycho-Pass (2012-13)

honorable mentions:
Mushishi Zoku Sho (2014)
Sakamichi no Apollon (2012)
Sekai Seifuku ~Bouryaku no Zvezda~ (2014)
Watamote (2013)
Yuri Kuma Arashi (2015)

Attached: manager magic.webm (800x450, 2.54M)

Chunibyou

This but unironically. Shame the Hollywood remake will be garbage

If we're going with TV anime shows though I figure Madoka or iM@S would take the spot. They aren't my favorites but they arguably started new trends in the industry and have had a lasting impact
>inb4 hurr magical girls existed before Madoka
Well yes, but its direction and delivery were different

Nichibros

More like your post is bait. That's just obscure, ugly and shitty garbage. Only decent stuff on your list is Koi Ame and Space Dandy.

Attached: 912783425934373.jpg (689x720, 297K)

Evergarden. It's powerful episodic stories and excellent visual storytelling left an impression on me like no other. While it doesn't have the thrill or the plot twists of something like Madoka it has more 'human' characters and a fulfilling tale of growth. Characters are subtly, expressive and endearing in ways that something like Madoka just isn't.

Attached: 012930184234923543.webm (800x450, 2.27M)

This.

Yea. I get what you mean. There's so much expression just in Abelfrja's hand as she moves to touch the letter. You can really tell that this was a passion project and feel the animator and storyboarder's vision in this cut.

Tamako Market

Good taste but Violet Evergarden did it better.

Attached: 1202934852901482354.jpg (3840x1080, 972K)

And the movies.

1. Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome (2017)
2. Kimi no Na wa. (2016)
3. Dokyuusei (2016)
4. Hana to Alice: Satsujin Jiken (2015)
5. Empire of Corpses (2015)
6. Garo: Honoo no Kokuin (2016)
7. Momo e no Tegami (2011)
8. Hirune-Hime (2017)
9. Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni (2016)
10. Kaguya-Hime Monogatari (2013)

honorable mentions:
Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] (2017, 2019)
Kotonoha no Niwa (2013)
Lupin III: The Gravestone of Daisuke Jigen (2014)
Mushishi Zoku Sho: Suzu no Shizuku (2015)
Sakasama no Patema (2013)

Attached: 1506126640557.jpg (1024x768, 505K)

One of these.

The ending made me cheer out loud. What a great episode. Best of the series IMO, edging out the ones with the writer, the little girl and her mom, and Violet and the dying soldier.

My head says muhdoka or your rope due to how those will definitely be remembered in the future. My heart says ping pong. My dick says oreimo

Attached: the hero and the dragon.gif (500x281, 796K)

DBZ isn't Heisei.

Summer 2019 actually

Evergarden. Best work of art this generation.

Attached: 129812325893943.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

God these watercolor backgrounds look fucking delicious.

Attached: lick03.png (622x641, 379K)

>TV series*:
1. Madoka
2. Rakugo
3. Ping Pong the Animation
4. Uchouten Kazoku
5. Made in Abyss
6. 3-Gatsu no Lion
7. Kiseijuu
8. Kuragehime
9. One Punch Man
10. Fate/Zero

*Doesn't include sequel series/seasons

>Movies/OVA
1. The Tale of Princess Kaguya
2. The Secret of Arrietty
3. Doukyuusei
4. Liz and the Blue Bird
5. In This Corner of the World
6. When Marnie was There
7. Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
8. Penguin Highway
9. Night is Short, Walk on Girl
10. Kizumonogatari III

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Natsume Yuujinchou Roku - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.13_[2017.06.21_14.29.14].jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>veg
>watercolor
how retarded are you?

Thread should've ended here. Character driven masterpiece.

Attached: 1048932483.png (1920x1320, 2.31M)

>retard doesn't know
look at this newfag and laugh

Steins;Gate no contest

This century started in 2001 the decade started in 2000 you dumb suck of shit
>imagine being such a dumb cunt that you think the 2020s won't start would include the year 2030 but not 2020
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020s
Why are there so many fuckign retards on Yea Forums?

Maybe we might get noragami S3 in the next decade

>Kiseijuu
Son, that adaptation was a travesty. The manga deserved so much better.

Kemono Friends Season 1

Top 10 this decade;

1. Violet Evergarden
2. Madoka
3. Hibike! Euphonium
4. Space Dandy
5. Made in Abyss
6. Uchouten Kazoku
7. GuP
8. Oreimo
9. OPM
10. Koi Ame

Attached: 83787949324.png (1038x576, 889K)

Actually the most accurate post in the thread.

Probably Violet Evergarden.

Attached: 291894235793282573489.png (1000x800, 1.17M)

This.

>old stuff good
>new stuff bad

Attached: 550076475.jpg (550x505, 32K)

The style in this show is just so damn good. The swirls look magnificent. If only more anime had this kind of artistic sense.

Unironically Oreimo.
Name another anime this decade that memed Yea Forums so hard that there are still threads about it to this day. pro tip: you can't

Attached: 1496791064140.jpg (1749x1075, 456K)

Japan Has Spoken

Attached: 1549347051854.png (1277x3517, 1.96M)

I know right? Wish Takase could be Character Designer on all their anime.

>87870787

OH DAMN

Japan taste is the same as mine, good taste japan

Any 2019 anime that would rank even in top 10?

Counting starts at year 1. There is no Year 0 AD or BC.

So a decade is years 1-10.

Casuals celebrated year 2000, because it had 3 0's. Informed people celebrated 2001 as the true end of the millenium.

Violet Evergarden actually made me tear up. No piece of media has ever managed to do that so it's my Anime of the Decade. I don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks.

Attached: 28347918357235974.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Promised Neverland.

Why are "anime of the..." threads allowed? They're always shit

Dororo. Maybe slime too.

wow a lot of good shit dropped in 2011

Mirai Nikki

You fucking returd

It's VE, no contest.

What is #26 of 2011?

Shirobako is my personal AOTD

If I have to choose a single show, it would be Madoka (the TV series)

Attached: 1321446554487.jpg (880x640, 255K)

Shirobako was fucking trash dude. Shit message.

>187871052
gdgd fairy

2011 was amazing year for anime

Is anybody here tryhard enough to name all these in english?

best ITT so far but why carnival phantasm so high?

Violet Evergarden. It was honestly such a breath of fresh air, something a little different, something character driven, something crafted with real passion, care and talent. It's nice to have something that isn't cheap garbage once in a while.

Attached: 921128923889123423.webm (960x540, 2.47M)

between quality, influence, and popularity i guess it is pretty hard to argue against madoka for AOTD

Attached: 1300119384682.jpg (980x1000, 90K)

So true. Couldn't agree more.

came here to post this

Attached: rikyu.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

i can do the ones written in romaji

>it appeals to the lowest common denominator therefore it's good
popularity means nothing

art that does not engage its audience is failed art

SAO is more influential than fucking Madoka. Is that shit Anime of the Decade now?

It's dead, user

Attached: Fy2zeHO.jpg (750x730, 38K)

K-On!! with an honorable mention to 3-gatsu no Lion.

>muh imperfection
I might be just a brainlet but i didn't understand any of it jap culture is fucking weird.

If we're talking about influence then this is it really.

Pretty much

Based history maker

name some works influenced by SaO

Good taste user.

Your mom

yeah she's a piece of work alright

THE ENTIRE FUCKING ISEKAI BOOM

lol

Rising of the Shield Hero

lol

bringing out the big guns here

Face it retards, SAO is more influential than Madoka.

Overlord, In Another World With My Smartphone, I could go on..

>all these people saying Madoka

Did I miss something or are you guys really that new? Did "cute magical girls ... but bad stuff happens + shaft visuals that were better done in Bakemonogatari" blow you guys away so hard? I understand rating it highly if you are a normie who's new but I expected better from Yea Forums.

If you take out pre 2010 anime

>「魔法少女まどかマギカ」 2011年
Madoka
>「宇宙よりも遠い場所」 2018年
Sorayori
>「SHIROBAKO」 2014年
SHIROBAKO
>「氷菓」 2012年
Hyouka
>「メイドインアビス」 2017年
Made in Abyss

Attached: file.png (637x563, 319K)

here, i hope this helps

Attached: 1324887481505.jpg (1279x1240, 275K)

t. i don't get what's so special about this hitchcock guy i've seen that stuff done a million times

I watched Madoka while it was airing man, it is a fucking gimmick show. Every second of it was just "what if we combine these two things that don't belong together". Hitchcock had inventive and new direction techniques. Everything Madoka did was done in other shows by shaft before and better OUTSIDE OF THAT ONE GIMMICK. This is why I say you guys must be new in one way or another. If anything, you're impressed by a hitchcock knockoff.

Wolf Children or Yurikuma Arashi

He's right, the 2010s are dominated by trapped in a videogame isekaishit.

Re Zero, Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria, Log Horizon, Gate, Shichisei no Subaru, Knight's & Magic, Grimgar are all shit influenced by SAO.

sao was the crest of the wave, not the cause of the surge

Most popular heroine

Attached: 11_201905021257382ed.jpg (674x3814, 1.12M)

Nigger, it was the cause of the surge. It's garbage alright but it's extremely popular garbage.

I'm tied between Evergarden and SG 0.

Don't fight, let's just agree both of the show are classic, and infinitely better than violet ever garbage

Where's VIOLET EVER GARBAGE?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lmao. fuck off tranny

Take your meds sperg.

The only one that like veg are fujo landwhale or trannies, prove me wrong you can't

> SG 0
What? I know this is bait but couldn't you at least pick Steins Gate, that aired in this decade too you know.

>Anime Original
1.Space Dandy
2.Madoka
3.Shirobako

>Anime Adaptation
1.Ping pong the animation
2.HunterxHunter (2011)
3.K-ON!

>Movie Anime
1.Kimi no na wa
2.The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
3.Wolf Children

>The big thing of the 2010's
CGI anime and Virtual Youtubers

Attached: 1526288266000.jpg (446x564, 78K)

Cope

Violet Evergarden

Violet Evergarden has been the only show to really blow me away this decade.

Your anal devastation is palpable.

Attached: n8d4nd9ws.gif (500x484, 1021K)

>cgshit
>anime
pfft

Why are you keep samefagging in this thread?

lol what a pathetic loser

Cope harder, your magnum opus is forgettable

google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.animeclick.it/immagini/anime/Yurikuma_Arashi/cover/Yurikuma_Arashi-cover.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.animeclick.it/anime/6954/yuri-kuma-arashi&docid=yb72-Zi-MQWX_M&tbnid=dlHVGylRFvqd4M:&vet=10ahUKEwinpqG88oPiAhUGLFAKHbtuALYQMwg1KAAwAA..i&w=1000&h=1461&bih=752&biw=1440&q=yurikuma arashi&ved=0ahUKEwinpqG88oPiAhUGLFAKHbtuALYQMwg1KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

>Search VEG doujin
>Almost zero result
Oh no no no HAHAHAHAHAHA

Learn English and try again kid.

>samefagging
pot kettle

Posting with proxy is bannable offense

Reported

Just notice how the thread was going fine until this moment

Violet Ever Garden forever irrelevant, not even the most hardcore Kyoanifags like that shit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The characters in VE are drawn to be modest and classy. Especially where the MC is concerned and meant to be viewed as a daughter character. Of course this show wouldn't have many doujins retard. Kyoani don't need fanservice to sell their shows like Trigger do with franxx for example. Their shows have great writing, characters, audiovisuals etc..

Why do these fags have to ruin everything?

Fuck off KHK. Only you're this obsessed.

Jokes on you nigger. I don't even like Kyoani and only care about Evergarden.

Violet Evergarden haters are insane.

Nah, they're just boring literal who

This is also why VEG character was never rank in popularity poll, (animate, animage, newtype, etc), they're just forgetable

I like Violet Evergarden. What the fuck are you going to do about spammer?

>VEG got called out
>Suddenly those random proxy post praising VEG stopped
Really joggin my noggin

>Xe/xir/they/them like VEG
Oh no no no

>suddenly
The thread is on fucking autosage you tinfoil retard.

It sold better than franxx without needing fanservice. Cope nigger.

That didn't stop VEG autist spammer

Violet Evergarden IMO.

Based autist.

What the fuck is up with all the Madoka spam ITT?

Attached: 09183721493575.gif (540x395, 188K)

Just blow your brains out with a shotgun already KHK.

That season alone, it sold less than idolish7, yurucamp, touken ranbu, fate spinoff cooking anime

The novel was a massive flop too, the anime certainly didn't help it

Get fucked

Attached: file.png (266x127, 9K)

Just notice how the thread was going fine until this moment. Khk is fucking insane.

It got overshadowed by the VEG tumblrfaggot?

not even reddit like it

Baste doraemon kun

Well yeah, VEG was garbage, re**it was shithole, but they still have their bottom line

Either GuP or Violet Evergarden. Can't decide.

ACK is at it again with his shilling.

This

You literally cannot explain why the show is supposedly garbage.

Stop samefagging.

Hardly even memorable

KHK is deranged. He legit has a mental breakdown every time someone mentions VE.

I just check their archive, there's certainly some vocal poster on reddit that keeps spamming his/her endless praise for VEG, after he/she got outed in those thread i think he/she migrate here

>VE haters browse reddit
>literally a tinfoil
pottery

VEG BTFO hard

Stop replying to yourself and address

>idolish7
>idolshit

>yurucamp
People only bought this for the competition.

>touken ranbu
>fujoshit

Why the fuck are you even so obsessed with sales? They don't determine quality retard kun. By your logic LL is better than Madoka.

Nice upvote.

Stop samefagging nigger

Why haven't the VEG spammers been rangebanned yet? Between ruining every thread they show up in and spamming SoraYori salt threads everyday, there's literally 0 reason for mods not to remove these shitstains from the board.

Jashin-chan
just kidding. It's Madoka

Attached: image.png (1280x720, 512K)

>another "robot learning to love" story that has been played out countless times already.
>stupid premise and incosistent logic, post first world war europe, but yet it has japanese food and advanced prosthetics. They've also mentioned Leiden which is a dutch non-capital city whilst the Netherlands wasn't involved in WW1.
>shit character with muh PTSD shit, shit side-character
>boring as fuck

Why haven't you been rangebanned yet false flagger kun?

Stop deflecting

>Implying VEG isn't fujoshit
Hello retard

they have brain damage

That's a cute headcannon khk.

Attached: 3734783425423978.png (720x720, 493K)

Yep, he's probably the most autistic poster on this board

When is KHK finally going to have all the IPs in his range permabanned?

Hopefully soon. This fucker is deranged.

idk but it needs to happen already. this is just getting ridiculous now. he goes ballistic at the mere positive mention of VE anywhere and destroys threads in the process. as of right now he's worse than ACK

Yep i agree, that autistic VEG spammer should be banned asap
Though i don't blame him for being deranged and mad as fuck

Imagine giving your supreme grand prize of excellence to what you hope it'll be the magnum opus megahit of this generation and sell 50k+ only to get cucked by some dabbing campers penguins and dinosaurs AND only sell 7k, lol

AOTY more like Comedy of the year LMAO

Samefag

Based

Attached: 1546320795170.jpg (636x720, 214K)

Fuck off KHK.

Both of you are really fucking autistic.

what the fuck?

Attached: 2198309182435489.png (398x121, 2K)

Ouch

Just kill yourself already you insane spamming bastard. I don't care about fucking sales or about any fucking kyoani grand prize. I just like this fucking show.

Who ruined the thread more VEGfags, Madokafags or KHK?

Best post in this thread

/thread, everyone go home

KHK. He is ridiculously obsessed.

>100 hours in paint

Stop replying to yourself you comatose retard.

Not even saber clone can save that shit stain

Both of you seem retarded though one chimps out at the mere mention of VEG while the others shitpost praising BEG without providing any arguments just to trigger him.

>HURR it's "shitstain" for inexplicable reasons

Just fucking kill yourself khk.

See

Madokafags did nothing wrong
And neither did Homura

when the mods start caring.

VEG was not even AOTS, if you're thinking thinking that shitstain deserved to be mentioned alongside classic anime in this thread, then you're a fucking retard

Both KHK and VEGfags should be banned actually you are equally spergy.

Is this REALLY the best you can come up with? That's fucking nothing. It's not even an argument.

>another "robot learning to love" story that has been played out countless times already.
Not really though. It's about her journey as an AMD a story of personal growth. She becomes more human over the course of the series. Violet learns about the different types of love and through the experiences of others.
>stupid premise and incosistent logic, post first world war europe, but yet it has japanese food and advanced prosthetics. They've also mentioned Leiden which is a dutch non-capital city whilst the Netherlands wasn't involved in WW1.
It's not inconsistent at all. This means literally nothing.

>shit character with muh PTSD shit, shit side-character
>boring as fuck
Not an argument.

Subhumans like you deserve to be skinned alive and have you bodies dipped in Piranha acid.

The only thing it had going for it was the direction, art and animation. If your story doesn't have any good characterization or story it really does not even deserve to be called AOTS

>Violet learns about the different types of love
you're just proving my point lmao
>It's not inconsistent at all
>it's not incosistent because i said so
lol
>Not an argument.
lol

It has good production values and it makes me laugh.

Attached: [UTW]_Carnival_Phantasm_-_01_[BD][h264-720p_AC3][F7FCE7A4]_00_05_54.937_0001.png (1280x720, 1011K)

And you're calling him a sperg huh?

Those are some really low standards for AOTD user.

>you're just proving my point lmao
I'm not. You literally have nothing to say about the series, you can't even criticise it. This is an episodic drama and for a significant part of the anime Violet takes a step back and lets other characters become the protagonist.

>it's not incosistent because i said so
No. Not because I said so but because it's a fucking fantasy you cretin.

>lol
Yes "hurr boring" is not an argument.

Why couldn't we just have a decent thread? Why did you faggots have to ruin it with all thhis pro/anti VEG shitposting?

I make no pretense of objectivity.

Attached: [UTW]_Carnival_Phantasm_-_05_[BD][h264-720p_AC3][B3A88264]_00_07_12.056_0001.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

What fucking right does he have to call it a "shitstain"? This fucker could never paint the backgrounds in VE, he could never animate any of those those intricate sequences. He's a fucking loser. He is incapable of appreciating a masterpiece of art like VE.

Honestly Vinland Saga is going to be AOTD if it gets a good adaptation. It's one of the best seinen and the anime will likely adapt everythign until farmland saga which is the best part of the series.

If that brain damaged spammer didn't sperg out over it every time it's positively mentioned, this wouldn't happen.

Yup, you're just as spergy as him.

I like Violet Evergarden.

>over 600 posts
>most of them are just autistic shitflinging
Should have expected this when i made the thread.

>She becomes more human over the course of the series. Violet learns about the different types of love
Are you pretending to be retarded? it's exactly the same thing

>because it's a fucking fantasy
Is fantasy just another name of shit writing?

>"hurr boring" is not an argument.
It is, the story was boring and that was a hard cold fact, it's also universally agreed, you can check every other VEG thread in whatever forum/board, the most commonly seen complain was it was boring as fuck

Meant for

Mob S2 as part of a unit with S1 (if it comes down to it I think I liked S1 more though, just because the payoff with Reigen was so great). Of what's airing right now Carol & Tuesday, Sarazanmai and Dororo have potential, I'd say.

Attached: [Koten_Gars] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon S - 090 [DVD][h.264][480p][AC3] [E4040B88] (1)_00_06_12.621 (720x540, 564K)

>masterpiece of art like VE
My sides, VEG and their fans should win the comedy of the year award

(You)

What about and Vinland Saga which air next season?

Simply learning about love not all there is to the show retard kun. There is no anime like this or with it's charm. There are hardly any episodic drama.

>Is fantasy just another name of shit writing?
There has to be a limit to how utterly retarded you can be.

>It is, the story was boring and that was a hard cold fact, it's also universally agreed, you can check every other VEG thread in whatever forum/board, the most commonly seen complain was it was boring as fuck
Ad populum is a fallacy. You can't even articulate what supposedly makes it boring for you. You're just a pathetic troll.

Attached: 12092943081242339.jpg (750x850, 310K)

>Simply learning about love not all there is to the show
Yawn, you're just proving my point again

Not an argument

Can you describe why watching the paint dry is boring? Exactly

Kind of hard to pass judgment on anime that don't exist yet.

Attached: Boogiepop 14 [007338EB]_00_20_25.140_0001.png (1280x720, 3.64M)

Fact: No other anime handles personal growth and learning about love the same way Violet Evergarden does.

>Not an argument
>Can you describe why watching the paint dry is boring? Exactly
Stop deflecting.

Both lose to Dorohedoro in the "adaptations that have yet to air" rankings.

Attached: tumblr_oa8l2iVEs11r9xqnno2_1280.jpg (1130x1500, 714K)

Watch more anime retard

>deflecting
Yawn, so no argument?

>nobody hailed their Zvezda today

You all must be smokers, because you're about to be eliminated.

Attached: 71753639_p0.jpg (1102x1817, 170K)

>The only thing it had going for it was the direction, art and animation
How the fuck can you make ignorant posts like this? There are absolutely other great things about the show. You obviously haven't payed any attention to it so just stop fucking posting. Violet Evergarden has a phenomenal and thorough sound design. Lots of little details are accounted for here that are just not in the average anime. The acoustics are much better than the average seasonal anime too.

>doesn't have any good characterization
It does actually. They did an excellent job in the time frames that they had. Even fucking side characters have their lives off screen taken into account. I can give multiple examples.

E.g. Iris's ditzyness is shown in multiple episodes, Erica's Isolation is shown throughout ep2, Abelfreyja's admiration for earnestness presented in ep5

I can go into more detail if you want.

>Watch more anime retard
I've seen over 1000 you humongous pleb.

>Yawn, so no argument?
YOU have no argument, that's why YOU deflected. YOU still cannot articulate why YOU supposedly think the show is boring. If you can't even fucking do that then you have no right to criticise the show.

Kill yourself, cancerous salesshitter.

fair enough

Yawn so now you lost the argument, you resort to lying and deflecting?

But its cool to smoke

Attached: 1394881280671.jpg (900x636, 624K)

That's what you're doing. You have no fucking argument.

>Violet Evergarden has a phenomenal and thorough sound design. Lots of little details are accounted for here that are just not in the average anime. The acoustics are much better than the average seasonal anime too.
Yea, Kyoani's sound design in general has been much better since Hibike. You shouldn't waste your time responding to these trolls. They're obviously haven't payed any serious attention the show they're signposting about.

cringe

user, it's obvious to everyone here that you're just irrationally obsessed with Evergarden despite not even being able to explain what's supposedly wrong with it. This is extremely sad.

>cringing at people actually enjoying and appreciating anime

Attached: 1555600834924.jpg (633x547, 121K)

You have great taste user.

cringe

It's fucking overrated trash.

This honestly.

sorry mate you got btfo. its over retard

I already state my argument , now state yours

>HURR I'm going to repeat the same shit like a broken record
Kill yourself subhuman.

You have no argument you spamming nigger. You were proven to be retarded.

I'm not the one that spammed the thread with multiple random proxy to praise VEG, see , let's be real no one give a shit about VEG, except (you)

Stop samefagging for that utter shitstain you sperg it's the worst piece of shit ever created and everyone involved with it should be executed for wasting so much money on the most generic and bland piece of shit story ever created.

Hang yourself KHK.

>Posting argument
>I-it's not an argument because i said so
Ok retard no wonder you watch shitstain like VEG, shit anime with shit fanbase, truly match made in shithole

>cant refute any of user's point
>..b..b .blown the fuck out
Absolutely pathetic.

>VEGfags can't even read
Yawn

t.

Attached: 6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg (600x686, 106K)

>HURR DURR IT'S A SHITSTAIN BECAUSE IT'S A SHITSTAIN