What did you think of the Tokyo Ghoul manga?

What did you think of the Tokyo Ghoul manga?

Attached: 1530451996551.png (1826x1300, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bNAG6ObrO60
youtube.com/watch?v=YzSBWgF3aAo
youtube.com/watch?v=OZZFhxzEimo
youtube.com/watch?v=iMFShO9ov2g
youtube.com/watch?v=k699IAc1TPA&t=15s
youtu.be/QNqpES2XVIs?t=276
youtu.be/GK5C6UUKvW8
imgur.com/a/u4PRb
imgur.com/a/PMnEy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

trainwreck

edgyshit

Hello, Ishida.

used to be my favorite weekly series, but after the cochlea arc it went downhill

Read like 15 chapters over 6 years ago and thought it was edgy garbage shit.

reddit tier garbage

Honestly? It was pretty okay. Especially when Ishida btfo all the fujoshits with an entire chapter of Touka and Kaneki fucking

How did the eternal purityfags react to this

Could have been way better, now it's just wasted potential. Though, for an author's first work it's not that bad especially seeing how the art improved throughout the series.

Even with all the flaws still one of my favourites.

The series should of ended after the first Tokyo Ghoul, Re: was mediocre then just fell of a cliff midway.

Attached: he is ainu.png (595x720, 223K)

Spoilers when of part 3 when?

>he doesn't know

>Many forgettable characters
>A lot of panels that you can understand nothing from
Re was a mistake but even though it's faults I loved every moment of the original

Furuta was an entertaining villain though.

Finished TG and liked it, can't even be bothered to finish RE, seems like shit, but I did read the sex scene of course

yeah I guess. It kinda turned me off though. Since it was a pretty "serious" tone before hand, then you get furuta doing this shit

Attached: wut.png (391x467, 73K)

Attached: 58818524_331506254216621_7128506172828765224_n.jpg (404x218, 21K)

The first manga is legitimately 10/10. Re is fucking garbage.

Good.

I liked it in the beginning. Then it went to shit... Too much going on at once, jumping back and forth between the various scenarios that all were occurring either simultaneously, or right after the other situation ends, the next would begin. It just didn't keep me invested...

It DID give us one of the best girls in the entire manga/anime medium though...Touka is such a wonderful girl. Kaneki is lucky.

Attached: Best.jpg (1280x1592, 162K)

>then you get furuta doing this shit
It didn't really break the serious tone for me, it just cemented Furuta as being a complete asshole.
His behavior was also consistent with the whole idea of the Clowns anyway

hello /r/eddit

Furuta would have been a perfect villain with a relatable motivation, but the whole rize kagune hacks nullifies said motivation and makes him look like an idiot in retrospect, because he no longer had a reason to go all in when his lifespan got extended

Attached: 1521316981468.png (536x824, 234K)

Touka is a treasure though

I found it pretty relatable that he wanted to fuck rize until they had 100 children. Thats about it though.

Attached: Kamishiro.Rize.full.2077407.jpg (1000x1500, 1.31M)

Started out great, good concept. The entire Deathmatchy vibe was pretty cool. I also liked Haise and the Quinx squad. It went downhill pretty fast in the later arcs though. The amount of special snowflake treatment Kaneki got was astounding, the motivations made less and less sense. Furuta is aweful and is motivations are beyond Obito (Naruto) levels imo.

(Tsukiyama is my favorite though, what a guy)

Attached: Screenshot_20180626-190948.png (673x950, 459K)

>puts her in the tank, so she couldn't whore around on the streets
based

Original is one of my favourites, :re was really good in the beginning but then fell off

this, arima was a god. The manga ended for me when he died

arima was a literal who for almost the entirety of the series, i can't get attached to someone who almost has no screentime

>Furuta is aweful
Shit taste

One of the shittiest and dumbest world-buildings I've ever seen. Makes it unreadable if you have at least half a brain

i bet you also think wan piss' hopping from one island to another is good "world-building"

tg explained the stuff about rc cells, showed us the pov of the ccg, almost all relevant wards got explored and even the history of ghouls was explained. the only thing that i missed was how other countries dealt with ghouls, but this is fine because the series focuses only on tokyo. also, ishida could've further explored the 24th ward and its history, but that's about it

Tatara and Noro's deaths were the most disappointing shit imaginable.

I agree with Tatara, because that was also beyond the point where the manga went downhill. But why Noro? It took all the Quinx and many more investigators to beat him, and he killed sharkbro.

>why Noro?
He wasn't any harder to beat than any other strong ghouls seen in the series thus far, even though he was literally a monster. His death should've been a bit more impactful, especially considering his relationship towards Eto as well.

TG was alright, not great but readable.
RE is shit.

this

It was alright for me up until the raid on Tsukiyama's family, then it went downhill from there. Though, to be honest, I was enjoying it less after the raid on the Auction as well.

Solid Black makes it really hard to understand what's happening in a fight. Or any movement. Also had too many side threads.

>Solid Black
What do mean exactly? Also, did you read viz scans or niggastream?

It's been a while since i read the series so I couldn't tell you which scans I read, but it was difficult for me to understand the fight scenes. I heard there was a scan issue but didn't dig much deeper.

I am like YO like YO like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

>i bet you also think wan piss' hopping from one island to another is good "world-building"
no

my only complaint is the many last second save and a lot of character surviving otherwise pretty good compared to the rest of ongoing manga back then

Yeah people exaggerate and say it was horrible but that's just because it wasnt living up to it's previous quality. But there wasnt any other manga I looked forward to as much each week.

An even bigger disappointment than Magi

Furuta heard Hide giving away Kekneki's secret about touching his chin to Talker and did it himself just to go out with a bang. He's low-key implying that Kentucky isn't really fine with the way things turned out and should stop lying to himself.

All I think is that it's a prime example of burnout squandering potential. It was pretty good until after Cochlea at least.

But Rize never whored herself to anyone. She only used her looks to pray on the idiots who fell for her. I think she's actually waiting for him to come back. He was too much of a chicken shit to do that though and so decided to take the long route instead. Kaneki pretty much lays it out for him: "Even if I'd known what would happen, I would have still gone to meet her that day."

Underrated.

>mc decides to be a moralfag and not kill you
>do it yourself
Why was he so fucking based?

Attached: 18-19.png (1948x1400, 1.8M)

It was one of my favorite pieces of media up to Arima's demise, mainly because up to that time it was a setup and a promise. After that it became increasingly more and more apparent that the author had absolutely no idea what to do with actual story and plot. That being said he is great at visuals and ambiguous stuff so he has a chance of directing the next star wars trilogy.

Attached: pottery.png (2273x1704, 1.65M)

First part was very good. Second part I was getting bored at the 30 chapter mark years ago back when it was just being released.

Does the second part get better?

>does re get better
Hell no read the fucking thread. 1-56 are the good re chapters and after that it becomes a massive trainwreck and a horrible sequel

Literally pure unfiltered shit. It was not even entertaining enough to follow

this, the only ongoing series that's still worth to read is snk for me

OG and first half of :Re were my favourite manga, but everything after that was just horrible. I'm not even going to dive to the reasons why I think so, I'm more astonished by the fact how easily Ishida manipulated and baited the fans into still reading it. "TG is shit but heh heh look it's sex!!!and tits!!! fujos btfo what a 10/10" or even the opposite for fujos with Hide's "confession"(which was an obvious bait too)
Imagine being such an underaged faggot you are ready to consume any form of garbade(read as:badly drawn fanservice sex scene between a severly underdeveloped couple, that consists of two probably the most unlikable characters in the manga) just because it hurts some shippers and actually consider it good, mangasaving or something like that. This chapter is one of the consequences of TG turning into shit and it is truly beyond me why all criticizm inside your head is turned off when it comes to sex

What do you think?!

Attached: (PARTY) IS OVER.png (773x514, 264K)

ISHIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I thought Re: leaned too hard on the parallelisms to the point the story suffered for it as it, at times, felt that the series was retreading old ground and then Ishida burnt himself out working on the manga and the ending suffered all the more for it

>That being said he is great at visuals and ambiguous stuff so he has a chance of directing the next star wars trilogy.
based old tgfag right now, ishida is trying to fullfil his dream

>his dream
What would that be?

Sad that Ishida got extremely burnt out during re:. Seemed like it had a pretty awful effect on his mental health. At least e seems happier now.

imagine getting this angry at the mere idea of characters having sex

You underestimate the power of autism

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY tier villain ruined it.

pretty art and paneling, bullshit everything else

Then Rize shows him that memory of them playing together as kids and talking about getting old becoming grandparents which is her basically asking him if that kind of life is really ok. She then proceeds to trap the Kek into the Le Tsukuyomi and constructs a world for him to play around in. She's masquerading as Talker.

Attached: 3173a9f24d4bbea874e81b91b6b9e791--tokyo-ghoul-rize-illustration.jpg (600x694, 63K)

At first it was a fun ride from the end of TG to the entirety of RE:. But now I think it's shit and I'm trying to forget everything after the Rose arc ever happened.

Shame we never got to see the full kakuja. All the concepts were there.

Attached: centipede.png (1000x708, 1.14M)

Jack Jeanne. He always wanted to write a Shoujo and now he's fullfilling it through his upcoming game.

Attached: jack_jeanne.jpg (640x481, 68K)

How many girls are in this picture?

Attached: Aww.png (280x280, 63K)

It's fine, better then anime.
I like Saiko.

Attached: 84ded91a0b81dc2a449ba6078a0bc294--tokyo-ghoul-anime-manga.jpg (419x604, 49K)

Imagine missing the point of the entire post so badly

Literally all of them are boys, only the protag (the pink haired one) is a girl

fucking ishida, what a genius

Attached: 1521016716206.jpg (236x266, 36K)

>Saiko asked Urie to do that to her at some point

Attached: 40022923_379501505919745_3148521466039260507_n.jpg (234x234, 23K)

Sui is a fantastic author and TG should be a series of novels and nothing else. Turns out hes a decent artist as well, so we got a manga instead.
Anime is utter shit, the ost is gorgeous.
youtube.com/watch?v=bNAG6ObrO60

Attached: tokyo-ghoul-ken-kaneki-lico.jpg (1332x850, 276K)

Read his latest Q&A from Zakki 2 and you will realize how much he hated drawing on a weekly schedule, no surprise that the series shit the bed so hard at some point.

Attached: 1467434647616.jpg (295x334, 47K)

Why are there still no rips for viz vol. 10?

Sometimes i take a step back and remember how fucking shitty the industry is and we can only be glad to have free entertainment weekly

youtube.com/watch?v=YzSBWgF3aAo
youtube.com/watch?v=OZZFhxzEimo
youtube.com/watch?v=iMFShO9ov2g
youtube.com/watch?v=k699IAc1TPA&t=15s
youtu.be/QNqpES2XVIs?t=276
It's so fucking good!

Attached: Cz0kCtQXcAAVAXf.jpg (1020x1200, 83K)

here you faggots, that's ishida from behind

Attached: ishida profile.jpg (1080x1920, 175K)

Nobody cares

And the front.

Attached: 1.png (307x300, 50K)

You care, otherwise you wouldn't enter the thread baka-user

Attached: shirazu.jpg (499x554, 66K)

Yeah, i live for this kind of work. When i think about it, the only time where i was that obessed about an ost was with Death note when i was younger. 2 to 3h of work dedicated to world building, i love it.

>wants to draw a shoujo, one of the things he's looking forward to
>his favourite series are berserk and hxh
what's wrong with this guy

>his favourite series are berserk and hxh
Explains his adversity towards hiatuses.

Attached: 002.jpg (226x253, 21K)

he's also obsessed with star wars and holds lotgh in high regard, it's obvious that he took many inspirations from other works

Seems fair enough. It's around the time when he started to tweet about shonen manga that TG started to take the nosedive.

Attached: 89fc128ba8a74f63.jpg (2400x4000, 1.55M)

>It's around the time when he started to tweet about shonen manga that TG started to take the nosedive.
Don't blame shonen for this. He literally stated that HxH, or rather Togashi has had heavy influence on him and there's nothing wrong with it. There are many shonen series that are enjoyable, it's just that most of them gets thrown in the same trash like all these low effort battle shonen.

>Ishida: That’s right. When I was in junior high school, the first manga I copied was of Hisoka. It was the scene where Hisoka is letting down his hair after a bath, after he has a battle in Heaven’s Arena. It was so cool I just had to draw it

Attached: 834174689.png (600x849, 336K)

Madokami should have them

it's not on nyaa and sadly i don't have an acc for madokami

The industry ruined him, as it did with many before and will continue to do so in the future. I can't even begin to count the number of manga with less than stellar later halves/final arcs and disappointing endings, and in almost all of those cases, the authors were pressured by some thing or another. Then you read news about animators working for basically nothing and dying due to exhaustion. It's fucking poisonous.

Attached: 3ka.png (1920x1080, 790K)

spoilers when?

Attached: 1519680930147.png (500x800, 228K)

Two minutes, Turkish.

Attached: 2.png (824x780, 516K)

It's true, although there are rarely long-running series like Kingdom that remain consistent in its quality. Speaking of Kingdom (ishida used to be an assistant here), it kinda disappoints me that the author never truly improved his art considering that there're almost 600 chapters of it.

I think Ishida has kept people waiting long enough and it's about time he started part 3

Attached: autism man.jpg (599x337, 29K)

Attached: 5.jpg (640x475, 37K)

Attached: 4.png (209x100, 22K)

his next manga will be a shoujo

Attached: moeneki.jpg (427x291, 47K)

Attached: 3.png (310x453, 56K)

my wife

Attached: 1509170710848.png (285x461, 153K)

Is this an Eto thread now?

Attached: 2a5a3334-c276-4b84-b08b-bf89fb57f650.png (1314x1424, 3.08M)

saved and yes

Attached: 1448321282080.png (334x653, 133K)

Attached: 1545238504726.png (1024x1024, 1.11M)

I recall thinking about the first one how utterly asinine I found its premise. The supposed dilemma for the MC was not one from my point of view. You now have to kill people to survive? Well, that just makes it your moral duty to neck yourself.

In other words, wholly uninteresting to me in that regard and this was supposed to be the plot’s central point. In addition to that so many of the other characters were either unlikeable or cringy. Nice art though so at least there was that ...

Oh and I haven’t really followed up with the second one because of this so I can’t speak to that.

only good for making some edgy but pretty art

honestly, it wasn't that bad, it was a good seinen, with political intentions and a good setting. it made ton of errors, like reviving the fucking boyfriend of kaneki, or not killing anyone in the main characters, even if they were in a very dangerous situation, the ending was actually interesting, but not well written. the antagonist was a memorable character, at least for me, the rest of the characters are kinda trash, just the reaper was a bit good, (i'm talking about :re, i saw the anime in the first season, and it was SHIT), 8/10 for me, desu
also i forgot, some stories of characters were really good, the trap that killed al his family was actually good

Attached: FB_IMG_15170622685105820.jpg (720x538, 251K)

>the second one
It's pretty much what you said x10 and it manages to shit on every good thing the first manages to build up.

Attached: 05.jpg (920x618, 264K)

Glad I didn’t waste my time on it then. I’ve got too big of a backlog as is.

>has to live through a pretty sad life without parents
>suddenly gets turned into a ghoul and now has to deal with not being able to eat properly etc.
>not expectating him to struggle with this kind of situation
also
>You now have to kill people to survive?
Have you even read the series? What do you think was the whole point of joining the Anteiku?

read the manga if you already liked the anime, which is like a worse version of a teaser

There's is surely no point in reading the sequel if you didn't like the first part. But I guaran-fucking-tee that :re is better than 90% of your backlog.

Spoilers in 5 min

>Have you even read the series? What do you think was the whole point of joining the Anteiku?
He still feeds on humans, user.

>not expectating him to struggle with this kind of situation
I didn’t say that I did not expect the OP to struggle, just that I found it boring because the choices presented to him are not both valid. Self-preservation is basically never regarded by anyone as an acceptable highest virtue. Replace killing humans with whatever you happen to think the greatest crime. I dunno, raping toddlers or something. Sure, theoretically you could go “Boohoo, poor MC, he either has to do [really, really bad thing] or die” but to any sane, well-adjusted person there is no real conflict here, death is the obvious out.

>But I guaran-fucking-tee that :re is better than 90% of your backlog.
Ehhh ...

>TG
kino
>TGRE
kuso

killing humans ≠ feeding on corpses

the whole point of anteiku was to not having to murder people to get the food, and the second struggle was to overcome sad fear of having to feed on human flesh. it's not about the killing aspect, because kaneki never truly accepted to be a ghoul (this changed after he got tortured by yamori, which is why it's one of the peak moments from the series imo.)

You would have loved Takizawa.

Attached: 8fe4a3e0fd1d0907976afa010c9fb3ab.png (2436x1066, 2.76M)

Kind of obvious from a story progression that Ishida ended the series way sooner then what he previously meant for. There were tons of shit that could've opened to a part 3. Ishida was croaking though as most mangaka's do and simply got it over with.

Attached: Major Dropped Plot Point 05 - V's Worldwide Organization & Leadership.png (1720x1236, 423K)

it's confirmed that he at least wanted to draw 3 more chapters, but deadline fucked him

Attached: 1.jpg (500x554, 101K)

The whole point of Anteiku was regulation. The ghouls there didn't only eat suicides, they also hunted humans themselves but just kept it to a minimum. That's what Yomo tells Kaneki the time they go to pick up corpses. That both him and Touka (and most likely everyone else there) still hunt and kill humans.

The most based & redpilled character in the entire manga.

Attached: 0.jpg (351x500, 16K)

>would have
Huh?

See .

I thought we were talking about Kaneki's POV only? The manager knew he was too much of a pussy to kill humans so he offered him packages of human flesh at the cost of having to work at Anteiku. They gather the bodies for ghouls who cannot fight or use their kagune properly like hina and her mother, or in this case Kaneki, who finds it morally reprehensible to kill humans.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH KANEKI SAVE ME

Attached: 1507310187622.png (959x899, 912K)

>tfw no more monday spoilers

Attached: Kaneki_vol14..jpg (370x475, 30K)

Now that we're past the bullshit, wich one was your favourite Neki?

cuckneki

kingneki, but actually being useful

Attached: 1498321282080.png (540x704, 592K)

What should have been "Final Neki"

Attached: Screenshot_20170617-133515.jpg (793x793, 255K)

This was peak Kaneki. No idea why Ishida ruined it by turning him into a onions fuckboi in the epilogue

Attached: 0011-0012.png (502x566, 173K)

because the whole chapter was rushed as fuck, so that he even needed to redraw portions of it
pic related was months after :re ending

Attached: DvRREphVsAIEXcI.jpg large.jpg (900x557, 66K)

got the the part with the ear centipede and had to drop it, since it truly is edgy
a lot of awful stuff happened for the sake of being awful, y'know, and the characters grand takes on human beings bored me

most disappointing drop in quality ive EVER seen, from god-tier to worse-than-fairy-tail-tier

i thought it was kino, maybe wan piss is more your speed with goofy characters and shit

t. falseflagging fujo

>worse-than-fairy-tail-tier
FT was literally fanservice: the series with generic artstyle, nowhere was it as bad as

>to worse-than-fairy-tail-tier
Oh, come on.

there's no pink in that picture

Attached: D1tFm82UYAAhOL3.jpg (900x1260, 248K)

Furata is garbage and one of the worst psrts of TG. Swapping him out for Eto was peak braindead.

The thing is, Eto wouldn't bring us to the endgame

The manager was raising Kaneki to take his place and look after Eto, not unlike how Arima was. That's why Kaneki has that slight hesitation to come back after chapter 119.

Attached: kira yoshikage.jpg (225x350, 56K)

The 2011-2014 run is kino, re: is bad because Ishida just stopped caring

i dont like opm either

>author tries something new within the boundaries of the medium
>i can't write a genuine criticism but it's edgy!
fucking brainlets

>i saw the anime in the first season, and it was SHIT
fucking retard

Kaneki ruined :re. Everyone just sucked his dick.

does the OG art have more soul?

Attached: ishida upgrade.jpg (2130x1575, 1.03M)

>unironically reading O my immortality, the manga

Based

it's great

>jumping on the snk hate bandwagon because of the shitty threads

Attached: absolutely disgusting.jpg (277x592, 131K)

Yamori PTSD Kaneki

It's doing what the V plotline should've been and doing a good job with it.

Last Kaneki was the worst of all, along with OEK version.
>hides his people away underground and avoids confrontation, achieving nothing at all
>says he'll take responsibility for his actions, ends up doing fuck all, atones for nothing, and doesn't even face nor understand what he did wrong
>in chapter 101, when Furuta told him about the Washuu's deeds (e.g. breeding expendable child soldiers like Furuta, Arima, Hairu) Kaneki is still perplexed as to why Furuta would kill the Washuu instead of considering him another victim and valuable ally to destroy the system
>also never questions why Arima put the garden children under him, and just continues to use them as child soldiers, eventually getting two of them killed
>used to preach empathy but when his enemy is on the verge of death and lamenting how fucked his life was from the beginning, Kaneki just says lmao andt hat the current state of things isn't fucked and never was, since he got to fuck Touka, without actually considering what Furuta said
>actually gets a happy ending after all this
Seriously, fuck Kaneki. Worst character in TG by far. To think I used to like him.

Attached: 17.png (993x1400, 253K)

Fuck, I want that dream theory to be true with Based Rize trapping him inside Le Epik Dream in the last chapter.

Attached: 50952497_259970011584748_1461326860654029516_n.jpg (900x650, 67K)

>thinking only kekneki was affected by poor writing from ishida
just think about amon, juzou, akira, the remaining quinx, banjou etc. and how their fate played out, it's a shame really

Nah, but Kaneki definetly looks more like he should in this part of the manga in the 2012 one.

I started to root for the second fiddles more than for him.

Attached: 3d90713a61a9ee3e82265d6b52e5e07e.jpg (720x1018, 93K)

I want to see them fucking up shit in middle east

Fuck Et I wanna

Hey, remember when Takizawa said he's just going to live his life as ghoul, but suddenly started hunting ghouls who ate humans in the epilogue? Screw that dream.

JUST

Attached: JUST endings.jpg (718x570, 227K)

it's a dream

V I S U A L I S E

Attached: 8ed3432e4b9d8fab97640b31cb014ce5.jpg (652x414, 44K)

Takizawa eventually turns into Raiden. T-Owl in Japanese can be read as Thor.

Attached: 932521.jpg (2807x1469, 558K)

How does that confirm they're a worldwide organisation again?

That doesn't. But the implication that the CCG has ties to the Ghulforschungsgesellschaft in Germany does. Also that Shao, who is from the/a Sunlit Garden is from Taiwan. V wouldn't let anyone outside control research on ghouls, that would quickly destroy the equilibrium they maintained.

What they had done to you Amon

Just being irrelevant haha

Attached: Major Dropped Plot Point 01 - The CCG Conspiracy & Sphinx.jpg (3734x4046, 3.77M)

have amon and kurona ever interacted with eachother after the events?

haha

Attached: 27e46a212072b25f5b10e21529dcbee1.png (482x538, 185K)

>armchair mangaka

best characters ran away from his shitty writing

How is kuronoshit a well written character? A literal who, that was attached to kanou's ass

Nope haha

Attached: Major Dropped Plot Point 04 - Amon's Relevance & Deuteragonist Role.jpg (1767x1203, 781K)

sorry im retard and thought it was eto

So Amon got BTFO by the Quinx and then..? How did he land in the tank again?

She's just sleeping ,right?

Attached: 1520675493_original.gif (500x281, 770K)

CCG picked him up after getting btfo by Q's.

Attached: 4.jpg (510x798, 221K)

So, nobody, not even Saiko, asked the other investigators what would happen to Amon? Seems strange

You really think people in the CCG question their superiors?

Attached: ab7a252e-1ee7-4519-8c6f-1dc0e2b122f6.png (1280x853, 858K)

Is the anime worth watching? I liked the manga a lot (even :re), and the OST is amazing, but everyone shits on the anime.

No.

That's why the anime completely skipped that since it didn't make any sense and nothing came of it.

Who were the superiors in the end? CCG at the end of the day appeared to be completely blameless in regards to being the bottom bitch of V. There was no development in regards to the certain amount of Ghoul Investigators being in cahoots with V and the Washuu.

Attached: Major Dropped Plot Point 14 - RE Containers in CCG Lab.jpg (909x457, 232K)

The thing is, Saiko gave him the final blow and she already mentioned that she wants to have the ghoul's ownership. So, what happened to that?

ownership rights*

Season 1 has it's good enough. The rest, not so much.
The soundtrack is top notch though youtu.be/GK5C6UUKvW8

Attached: 5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwKYDz5sxKhwMVQDpai-7HaI.png (2072x1296, 2.67M)

>anime

Attached: anime manga comparison.jpg (1150x1472, 1.17M)

>Who were the superiors in the end? CCG at the end of the day appeared to be completely blameless in regards to being the bottom bitch of V. There was no development in regards to the certain amount of Ghoul Investigators being in cahoots with V and the Washuu.
It was probably supposed to be like this, hierarchy-wise:
>international V (with probably five or so directors/board members/whatever
>Washuu and other local clans that are breeding half-human child soldiers for V
>local V under Washuu/clan rule
>CCG

No clue. The ending of that arc was rushed.

part 1 was really good
1st half part 2 was mediorce but the 2nd half of part 2 was irredeemable trash

>tfw i thought tatara was going to be revealed as the OEK in the early state of :RE

Attached: 1522002273154.jpg (763x1080, 148K)

He received barely any characterization, which is a shame because he was interesting and had a nice design.
I wish he interacted a bit more with Eto as well.

This so much. The original Aogiri trio kept the stakes high during part 1, because everytime they showed up, you just knew something bad is gonna happen. I generally disliked, how in :RE, the investigators could barely keep up with ghouls because at that point the powercreep has already set in.

Attached: e6c9d3ec727ddeb57bfda455ef3dffb4157965a6.png (1000x1250, 506K)

His development lied in his backstory with Houji which was murdered for more Takizawa development that went nowhere in the end.

Attached: Cucktara.jpg (654x1042, 213K)

he got double assfucked by making him the slave of autisma, which wouldn't be that much of a bad idea if the execution was handled well, which it wasn't

The powercreep wasn't as bad as in other series, at least characters who were established as strong from the get-go (the owls, Renji, Noro, etc) actually remained strong even until the end of the series, instead of getting fucked by even more powerful new threats.
It fucking sucks that Tatara had such a great kakuja but that we only saw him use it once, though.

meant to reply to

Reminder, Tatara is alive and could've received more characterization, even with how his fight with Houji played out.

Attached: 132.jpg (974x2602, 2.16M)

>Tatara is alive
huh?

edgeneki of course, why else would you read this?

Attached: 1537345118007.png (981x1400, 405K)

He managed to escape, probably during Takizawa's fight with Houji and the other investigators.

Attached: KZ2nNAHLUCY.jpg (483x604, 49K)

Why didn't we get anything about him in the epilogue? What's he up to now?

The epilogue is a dream.

Attached: 255631.jpg (225x350, 27K)

Shitty theory

Ishida probably just forgot to draw him there

Nice.

Attached: Chinazard.png (400x533, 167K)

The weird thing is, it wasn't even fixed in the tankabon so how the fuck did his edtior even manage to overlook this?

TG was a nice tragic story
:re was absolute fucking hamfisted garbage

Could you imagine :RE with a monthly release schedule? How would things turn out?

Agreed. Same with Hairu.

Attached: I-Owl.jpg (3452x3064, 2.04M)

Would she have gotten Owl'd or Hikari'd?

Attached: Eh.png (959x819, 1.09M)

Cold black reaper Kaneki was one of my favourites too, felt like a proper follow up to his tortured persona after cochlea and becoming a ghoul investigator.

It's not. It's a dream written by Kaneki's mind. Why you think Eto wasn't mentioned? To him she died in Cochlea.

Furuta was outplaying the entire CCG and challenging their morals by offering unrealizable perceptions and creating things like the oggais - which are basically child soldiers. But he did it in such an exaggerated extent that the CCG had to open their eyes on the things they have been doing for decades. Your pic related also falls in this category, he merely played with Ui's feelings to destabilize him.

So what actually happened to everyone according to this theory?

it's a dumblr theory, some aspects are interesting, some are just retarded

The funny thing is, everyone could've stopped him but didn't. Urie realized he's fishy but worked with him anyway. So did Suzuya and not to mention Ui.
CCG deserved everything they got and more.

It has its ups and downs but the highs were really great while the downs only really appeared in the last quarter of :RE, and even then there were shining moments within that section. I preferred TG over :RE overall but the section in :RE where Kaneki's memories had returned but he was still pretending to be Haise was fantastic. Specifically the chapters just before and after Eto revealed herself as a ghoul to the world had me anticipating each new release more than any other manga at the time.

>offering unrealizable perceptions
>he merely played with Ui's feelings
Furuta could've legit brought her back like Okahira though if we've both read the same thing. She obviously wouldn't be the same though.

Ishida's zombie plotline was completely ignored until the end which I find absolutely hilarious.

>forgot pic related

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO.jpg (279x258, 35K)

Furuta did literally nothing wrong.

Attached: さろん 2018.07.07. (pixiv) [9].jpg (610x878, 203K)

Well, to elaborate, this was supposed to be the dilemma of ghouls in general along the lines of “Aw, those pitiable lil’ ghouls have it sooo hard, having to decide between suicide and murder”. Why would anyone NOT simply be in favor of their genocide or internment? If you can’t play nice with humanity by nature then your very existence is no longer justified.

He only wanted his sister to be happy.

Attached: family.jpg (1400x2000, 583K)

>implying Ui wanted her back as a zombie
Four chapters after his meeting with Furuta, he met Okahira himself and he literally tells him that the dead can't come back. At this point, he had already given up and knew that Furuta was just fucking with him. They are just like the spieldose type of thing, but they don't come back as a real person. Ishida even slaps it in your face, when the dragon was created and Furuta talked with Ui in the underground.

Attached: 16.png (800x1150, 1.2M)

The thing is ghouls are just humans that evolved a bit differently. Who gets to decide that they're not human?

the real humans that they need to eat to survive

It isn’t about whether or not they are human. This is not what I am basing my views on. It is their actions that interest me. If they can live without killing? Fine, go and live. But if not then they deserve the same treatment as any other murderer. This whole supposed moral predicament just seems to simple to me.

>the real humans
But who gets to decide that?

the non human eating humans

To elaborate, I just looked up my thoughts about the first part that I had written down when I finished reading it some three years ago:

>Wow, what a shitty false dilemma this manga has as its premise ...
>I mean ... seriously? I am supposed to feel for the ghouls’ selfish desire to live? If they feed only on the already deceased and never kill a human, fine, do as you will. But survive by murdering? Fuck you. There’s no way to justify that. You might as well write a manga about a bunch of monsters who have to rape infants in order to live. Let’s see if there’d still be imbeciles to defend that kind of ghoul.
>Obviously the ethical thing to do for the ghouls is to either live in the aforementioned non-violent way or to commit suicide. Your life isn’t more valuable than anyone else’s so to sustain it by taking away that of others is immoral. As such, Anteiku and Yoshimura’s style of leading the 20th ward was immoral, too. Letting sacks of shit like Rize slaughter humans at their leisure ... that was your way of trying to facilitate a mutual understanding and eventual cohabitation with humans? For real, you old fart?
>So I guess this was supposed to be a tragic ending? The only tragedy here I see is that the humans suffered such heavy losses. Who cares about those moronic ghouls?
>Why oh why was I talked into reading this? Such a waste of time.

Utter garbage pretending to be "cool" and "edgy" . Characters have lofty ideals and no one does anything to find a long term solution to ghouls. Zero world building. I personally think that Parasyte and AOT are way better than this shit.

I agree

>At this point, he had already given up and knew that Furuta was just fucking with him
Doesn't his following line after that page simply state that he will continue letting himself get fucked by Furuta even though Hairu wouldn't be herself if she was revived? That he would be okay with having a zombie Hairu as long as she appeared alive to him?

When Okahira refers to the dead not coming back, he means in the sense that they're memories are almost completely gone and they're a completely different person in a sense.

The underground talk with Furuta was something Ishida was doing to wrap up the storylines quicker.

Attached: 17.png (974x1400, 1.2M)

*too simple

>Zero world building
That wasnt an issue at all, there was world building but it wasnt taken advantage of.

>Doesn't his following line after that page simply state that he will continue letting himself get fucked by Furuta even though Hairu wouldn't be herself if she was revived? That he would be okay with having a zombie Hairu as long as she appeared alive to him?
I read another translation, which has more a rhetorical meaning. I really want to know the official english translations, but Vol. 12 is sadly not out yet.
>he means in the sense that they're memories are almost completely gone and they're a completely different person in a sense.
Where did you read about that? The only thing that was said, was in the page I posted previously where he states that he's lifeless and dependent on medicine. That's literally it.
>The underground talk with Furuta was something Ishida was doing to wrap up the storylines quicker.
But in that conversation Ui reveals that he "didn't believe furuta that far", he was desperate so he just kept clinging on that.

I rather think that whole zombie plot line was there to foreshadow the spieldose, because that's literally what they are. Not living creatures that act like remote quinques, especially because during the meeting where Furuta showed Harui's head to Ui, he talked about "extra upgrade to the qs" by using that technique.

Attached: 17.png (800x1150, 1.4M)

Okay, so in the hypothetical scenario where ghouls are real, if the majority of non-human-eating humans were to vote for helping ghouls instead of genociding them, would you accept that?

>. Characters have lofty ideals and no one does anything to find a long term solution to ghouls
You're a brainlet who didn't get Kanou's intention and why it was so hard for them to fight against the CCG

Furuta and Kanou are the actual heroes of TG.

That would never happen brainlet

They were but only speedreaders and unironic retards will think they ruined the series, when in fact, the main problem was with how many characters Ishida started to introduce in :RE so important characters got less and less screentime.

no because that would never happen ever you idiot

Why are you even trying to compare two monhtly series to a weekly series?

>hierarchy-wise
I was thinking the same too. Leaders over the leaders of the ghoul extermination organizations. Got the feeling that they would have a foot in every goverment on the planet and be the types that would instigate wars and sell a ton of weaponry, thus gaining a profit among themselves.

World-building could've easily been put in a part three. But like most authors, Ishida eventually lost the passion for his story and ended it.

Based Furuta lying down the redpills!

Attached: x7.png (873x1300, 363K)

>expecting anything reasonable from someone whose whole criticism consists of two buzzwords
he only wants to start shitty series war, though i enjoyed snk and kiseijuu and also TG for the most part

But I'm not talking about Kano only. What were the world governments doing in order to counter the ghoul problem on the medical side? It seemed to me that the governments had given up on finding any permanent solution and could only deter ghouls when they appeared. Do you think that nobody on the planet would have thought of "curing" the ghouls or making them live in separate colonies with different laws?
I actually liked the premise of Tokyo Ghoul, but in the end it devolved to only fighting ,mediocre plots and shied away from the bigger picture and important questions.

Who controlled the "world government"? Did you even read the series? They refused to reveal their century old history to the outside, that's why Furuta started his dragon keikaku in the first place to force it out of them.

Remember when he was the epitome of badass in part one ? Ishida turned him into another Kanae. What a hack

First manga was great, Re: was trash. The first half of Re: was decent with the peak being the Kaneki vs Eto fight. Then it turned into absolute garbage a repulsive brain-dead clown as the main villain. The Kaneki x Touka chapter gave me a small glimmer of hope but the clown autism and shitty yandere was too powerful.

First manga was a good read. Great symbolism and character development.

:re was slow but got better with time. It peaked at its halfway point and then completely tumbled into the abyss of rushed and shit writing. Especially during the final arc.
I think the author just grew tired of this series and gave up. Even the art was total shit in the end.

>tl;dr
Part 1 was good to great, and many people here seemed to like it. :RE was rather disappointing. If Ishida had more time to write the second half of :RE, he probably could've handled it better.

Attached: nuggetneki.png (844x1200, 1.39M)

I'll probably get railed on for this.

I honestly fucking loved it during the initial "How do I behave like a Ghoul?" theme, when everyone was kind of grounded in terms of strength and Ghoul Hunters were basically normal humans that just had almost instinctive reactions to Ghouls purely by living long enough to learn how to fight them effectively. No one was overly immortal or 'hard' to kill, people like Mado survived so long because he was obsessed with understanding how Ghouls tended to think, fight and live and Ghouls lived long lives by playing smart...and most Ghouls had a healthy fear of being caught by Inspectors and they generally disliked or avoided the more dangerous Ghouls.

Then the series just turned into madness with people showing up with Godlike powers out of literally fucking no where, the Detective agency being some kind of undercover Ghoul agency and Ghouls were actually like also leaders of the free world or some shit...I don't even know...I just started losing track of shit so quickly and by the end it was such a jumbled mess that I didn't even understand it. Also I honestly thought that whole thing was building towards Kaneki dying at the end of the series but it literally went for the cop-out of "X years later he's surrounded by all his loved ones and happy ever after, fuck you" style ending.

Reminder that Ishida probably sacrificed TG for the rhythm game he's been working on for the last 2-3 years.
For a fucking rhythm game.

Attached: Tatara_over 3 (PARTY).png (502x696, 372K)

please someone post the gif

>I really want to know the official english translations
Indeed.

>Where did you read about that?
Sorry, another translation of that page got me mixed up. I was speaking bs.

>he states that he's lifeless and dependent on medicine. That's literally it.
I agree then. Lifeless refers to him being despondent orwithout emotion. He acts more like a machine then a human now. Being dependent on medicine is like a person who has a severe disease and requires medicine after so many hours so as not to die too.

If Hairu was revived then, she would be without emotion, therefore not the same as before, therefore dead still.

Yep, I agree with this user. That's what I was talking about when I mentioned the powercreep in my previous post Thanks for elaborating it

>Also I honestly thought that whole thing was building towards Kaneki dying at the end of the series but it literally went for the cop-out of "X years later he's surrounded by all his loved ones and happy ever after, fuck you" style ending.
The sad part is, Ishida had planned to kill off Kaneki towards the end but he pussied out

>my thoughts about the first part that I had written down when I finished reading
???? One of the more mindblowing things I've read it a while.

With that level of unrealistic holier-than-thou moralism, I'm expecting you to be living a zero-carbon lifestyle completely devoted to helping the sick, elderly and disabled before necking yourself to save some resources for the rest of the world.

Considering people murder each other irl for far less than sustenance (there is probably someone in the world being murdered right now as you read this, for something dumb like flashing gang signs at rival gangs), it's hardly unimaginable for someone that was unwillingly turned into a human eating monster to have slipping moral standards when it comes to the sanctity of a sapient life. Reprehensible? Perhaps. Beyond empathy? Only if you harbor unrealistic ideals

In a recent interview or zakki:re he mentioned that his assistants were surprised when Kaneki "died" at the end of part 1 and asked if it's really over. Ishida commented in the interview that he was basically internally laughing about them thinking Kaneki died.
He also mentioned that he was so happy when he finally got to reveal Seidou as T-Owl, since he want him in that form ever since his first appearance. This implies a sequel was always the plan.
You can find it over at kenkamishiro's.

We don't know how much he's worked on the game while he was busy writing TG, but I honestly can't wait for it to release next year so he can finally start a new manga

Attached: 4t9fFE4.jpg (1200x1200, 95K)

how do you know he's not talking about :re when he says "towards the end"?

user, I was referring to the ending of :RE not the original, because it's pretty obvious that a sequel would come out since many plot threads were still left open

Attached: deathneki.jpg (818x400, 203K)

Sorry, my bad.

Attached: Furuta with a lobster in his mouth.jpg (540x757, 56K)

the peak of tg

Attached: 1525783675250.jpg (2130x3056, 1.22M)

Where did I call them beyond empathy? Maybe stick to what people actually write. Yeah, it sucks a lot to be born with immoral desires. But is no excuse to indulge them. Pedophiles have drawn a shitty lot, too, but just because they did not choose to be attracted to children that is no excuse for them to actually rape kids.

As I said, if they can live without harming others (as some were shown to do), great. Else, they 100% deserve the punishment that awaits them.

I don't get why many people prefer his art during the mid-stage of :RE, when mid to late Part 1 art was so much more clean and less cluttered

The issue is that the morality of the Ghouls is haywire at the best of times. There's Ghouls that want to live a normal life but willingly associate and aid Ghouls that literally hunt and slaughter humans for fun because it makes their lives easier to just exist in a moral stupor than admit that they actually have some responsibility to work towards this world they dream of. There's also the fact that Ghouls are more or less hunted because they have such a tendency to lean towards murder when the need arises since they can become blood drunk...also Ghouls have a nearly limitless capacity for carnage because they are superior to humans physically on every level and also have magic powers that's literal only function is to kill...no wonder people want them dead or controlled.

i liked it specifically because of the dirty kind of style it had

I would understand your point if :Re looked like this for the most part, but it got more and more sketchy towards the end while he kept adding smaller panels everywhere (kinda like what Oda's been doing since Wano) and it looks shit.

Attached: Tokyo Ghoul re v8 - c076 - 010-011 [Digital HD] [aKraa].jpg (2587x1856, 1.78M)

Attached: Mutsuki.jpg (1024x1452, 167K)

kino

>would have
Huh?

(originally meant for )

He's pretty much Mado, in ghoul form.

Attached: rtdQemkQAew.jpg (1024x664, 110K)

Any manga recommendations if I loved TG? Would be a plus if it's easy to get in physical.

Attached: cat.png (265x190, 75K)

snk

Attached: volume-241-e1544263792727.jpg (990x549, 344K)

attack on kino.
Houseki no kuni is pretty good too

As much as I used to shit on TG, it's hard to find something that will give you the same feeling that the good parts of TG did. But these are good and also Kiseijuu and Historia I can recommend (same author)

At last someone who understands that Ishida and Ichikawa need to have a baby who will produce the ultimate manga

Attached: Houseki no Kuni - Chapter 76 - 26.jpg (1114x1600, 173K)

Forgot to add but you can also try the works of Urasawa (pluto, 20th century boys) and kingdom (the author of TG used to be an assistant for this). Also, if you haven't read already, try HxH and Berserk. But generally, this is the wrong board to ask, go to

At some point i stopped paying attention while i was reading.
Then Kaneki turned into a tree or something.
Then it was over.
Its safe to say that i remember nothing of the sotry past Kaneki's amnesia being cured.

Attached: 1413696463738.jpg (1200x998, 241K)

I kind of don't want to read the manga since the anime adaptation has been so good, I'd rather experience it from that

Berserk I'd like to read but seeing the art is so amazing I want to save it for physical but it's just so expensive

Meant SnK on the first sentence.

these
why don't you just torrent the vol.?

Attached: Tokyo Ghoul re - c058.jpg (700x1005, 176K)

Wasn't that hack Ishida in love with Hairu?

He said he regretted killing her off like this

you talk like someone that has never visited reddit in any way but think of himself so funny by saying "haha reddit garbage"

Attached: 1530638177960 .gif (730x874, 477K)

Attached: THE GIF.gif (496x276, 2.88M)

Do people really find these Yea Forumsermin and dumblr memes funny?

Nah. I just had it lying around.

Attached: Muhoth.gif (892x1348, 330K)

First part was good. The second one was absolute and utter garbage.

Femtoneki soon

It was only garbage in comparison to the first part, it was still a fun ride and one of the series I enjoyed the most reading weekly. At least Ishida had the decency to end the series as quickly as possible and didn't pull out a next generation type of shit

Liked it for what we got, Gave good reaction faces and memes/10

Attached: Clownposting.png (850x839, 598K)

It's been so long...

Attached: Party.png (500x413, 808K)

Indeed.

Attached: final kek.png (870x815, 432K)

Early clownposting/partyposting was only fun, the threads got infested redditors and dumblrwhales very soon and everyone started to make these low effort edits

Someone post the .gif

Post some of the good ones.

Attached: K A R M A.png (528x811, 268K)

It's already been posted, senpai.

Attached: 1511750039264.jpg (460x314, 113K)

Attached: furuta party hard.gif (482x375, 1.94M)

It's good that you enjoyed it. I only read re once it finished, and to be honest, I couldn't give less of a fuck about a third of the characters and what was happening.

Attached: PARTY HARD KANEKI!.gif (478x258, 998K)

Honestly, I already deleted most of the stuff and the majority of them were just low effort edits and pure template

Attached: Vancouver.jpg (2044x1400, 463K)

Attached: K9thmZK.jpg (700x430, 199K)

I'll need to clean up my folders too. They've been festering for way too long now.

Attached: goon squad.jpg (2134x2134, 770K)

Attached: tZ0oSWe.jpg (700x430, 167K)

I recently skimmed through all the available viz volumes because I wanted to read it in better quality, and it's honestly not that bad up until the middle of rushima. The clown raid and 24th ward raid are better stomachable when read in one session, because then you get a better picture of Furuta's agenda. But then again, I really disliked how Mutsuki was handled later on and how Kaneki turned into a passive MC who couldn't do shit because the opponent outsmarted him in every aspect. Then you get the dragon arc where I enjoyed most of the, with the only exception being Hide's poorly written return to the story and the whole Quinx subplot. But I can understand why you would completely dislike the sequel, it's just a complete shift in tone from what the series used to be.

is this official art? where are these from?

>The anime adaptation has been so good
Everything after the basement is pure kino so have fun waiting 2-3 years for season 4 and 5/6 (there are just 2 arcs after the current one in the anime but the current arc, which is the final arc is shaping up to be pretty long), which will have the best arc of the series and another great arc for now.
About the anime, the adaptation is pretty good, but season one specially suffered of the director being a mikasa shipperfag and butchered other characters (see pic related), season 2 was the best adapted one, the first half of season 3 the first five episodes were butchered to be more normalfag friendly while, the second half was pretty good.
Its a pretty good adaptation but far from flawless.

Attached: The absolute state of Araki.png (480x542, 434K)

its a calender eyepatch-centipede.tumblr.com/post/99819555642/tokyo-ghoul-2015-special-illustration-calendar

imgur.com/a/u4PRb
imgur.com/a/PMnEy
No problem partybros

thank you user. but that doesn't look like ishida's art

It isn't. It was drawn by the anime staff I believe.

it isnt

Fuck I saw this shit and keked audibly.
Does someone have the video?

Attached: BROTHER....jpg (1392x721, 117K)

Were any of you here back when the original TG ended? What was the reaction to it like?

Attached: Kaneki_think.jpg (247x247, 11K)

Is this shit going to have a story? Is it just another reskinned anime musou #58529012?

Attached: call to exist.jpg (215x303, 22K)

I only started following it weekly when I reached chapter 50 or so, but I have this image. From what I heard, threads were constantly reaching 600+ replies and everybody went crazy

Attached: 1446949080955.jpg (2295x1234, 870K)

But you can just enter the post numbers in the archive and check for yourself

That Vancouver vs Dragon chapter was pure kino.

Attached: ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU.jpg (1536x2048, 590K)

Many Kaneki suitcase memes, people though amon would be the mc and ishida wouldn't be a hack, everyone being an etofag (that didn't change much in re) before it was cool on leddit and calling eto Yea Forums's new queen and being hyped for the future of the series after the reveal. That after 142.
After 143. I can't describe it but it was glorious.
You can still find those threads in the archive if you lurk a bit.
>This shit was fucking FIVE years ago (12/09/2014)
Fuck I feel old.
The manga became a trainwreck, but the threads were glorious, I miss you faggots. Hope we can revive in ishida's next manga, just to keep the party alive.
>Duplicate file exists
H-hayai, guess I'll post a random picture to remind everyone again

Attached: fuck ishida.jpg (561x800, 73K)

based vanchad

fuck, makes me sad that i miss these fun times together with Yea Forums

Man I wish I had started reading TG earlier so I could experience these threads.
Why was everyone on Yea Forums an Etofag?

Same, I hope we all meet in ishida's next manga, I will read it but not for the manga itself, but because I know you faggots will probably be shitposting on the thread too

I liked it since I wasn't mindbroken and 143/144 was the most entertaining shit ever

Her popularity exploded after the reveal and since touka didn't do shit in re because fucking kaneki she kept being the most popular character here, since most here were also plotfags before the manga went downhill.
I bet someone is still bitter about what ishida did with her in dragon arc

>I miss you faggots. Hope we can revive in ishida's next manga, just to keep the party alive.
Old TGfag here, and those were unironically the best times I've had on Yea Forums since I visited this place. I'm going to be honest here, it will at least take one more year until Ishida draws his next series, and then chances are high that it will be a Shoujo...
I will read it for the art, because that's what I mostly miss about this shit. Most weekly series have a generic artstyle these days and it sucks. Though, I doubt he will do another weekly series so it should be more promising.

>because fucking kaneki
>besides*
Also with reveal I mean chapter 142 of the original manga of course

>Redditors still here thinking clownposting wasn't shit forced by literally one dude when nobody gave a fuck enough to tell them to stop with the Yea Forums tier sneed spam because threads were dead

Attached: clownredditors.jpg (988x830, 75K)

The memes were created here you idiot, plebbitors stole these memes and edited their own unfunny shit. Just compare the dates or shut up

Like all memes, leddit copied us with the clownposting. Clownposting began here in late auction arc/beginning of tsukiyama arc, along with the slurp slurp rio de janeiro memes, so fuck off newfag

That reveal at the end was pure unfiltered kino. After all that build-up, to that fucking reveal. It was glorious.

Attached: nlgzebgGJQ1sb03l7o1_r1_500.gif (500x281, 1.11M)

Not even Ishida's best work.

Attached: 0651.png (836x1200, 225K)

>tfw her father saw her naked
based and incestpilled

Attached: Tokyo Ghoul v14 - 188-189.jpg (2091x1500, 847K)

I am still lowkey mad that her character went to shit in re, but to be fair, everything went to shit in re, she still ended better than some characters like tatara, and some others like amon also got shitted as much as her (yasuhisaconspiration.jpg)

hisoka's backstory was great, but you didn't post his magnum opus. this was real unfiltered edgeshit but entertaining, sad that it got cancelled

Attached: S8.png (600x3891, 196K)

damn she really has a great ass

She covers herself imediately after. Also, look at the way her body is turned the other way so that he wouldn't see the bit that counts.

Attached: d9f91200af989779d44cd4c3b2121158.jpg (650x883, 61K)

Attached: 1522687264272.jpg (400x502, 63K)

>Still unknown status in the wiki
I guess hope is the last thing to loose huh

he most definitely saw her cute little nipple, that's a guarantee user

based

kino spread and 10/10 reveal

Ishida is busy drawing his trap VN CGs but he will rise up with his yandere romcom series

It’s shit

JUST

Attached: 1542152898596.jpg (4000x2250, 3.76M)

She's an absolute trash character that deserves no salvation.

How did they deal with the ghouls?

That, The Centipede and Takizawa's will were probably some of the best original TG had to offer.

This one-shot was legit good. I remember when this dropped on Yea Forums and people were complaining when he said that he transmutes his aura in magnetic poles when conjuration is literally right fucking next to it on the chart.

he's already fullfilling his shoujo dream with the upcoming game, his next series will be a monthly shonen

Whatever you say ishida

Yea Forums tier screencap tbqh

as far as i can remember they just fixed the problem of them needing to feed on humans so they're essentially just humans now

>2014
I didn't realize it was so long ago. I still remember namefagging in the threads before eventually dropping the series and leaving.

Attached: 56133176_p2.png (1600x1200, 806K)

So in the end what's the powerlevelfag ranking for ghouls, putting aside Kentucky? Does Eto shit on everyone?

Attached: 1542540552593.png (1280x935, 1.23M)

Fuck off nigger. I know clownposting started here, doesn't mean it's not literal reddit tier shit just like Yea Forums's palpatine memes years ago when I had to see this shit every week.
You know what else "started here"? People thinking they're fucking hilarious for "POST LE GIF" while posting tumblr screencaps along with it and chibiposting.

pretty much just all of kanekis crew is the best

This guy gets it.

part 1 had many memorable moments like kaneki's encounter with shachi, "half", all the shit with amon and kaneki or hide's undercover mission from the CCG's pov. on the counter part, :RE had almost no memorable moments and is forgettable in my opinion, except shit like the first 2-3 dragon chapters or the scene at the rooftop

Those fucking thread were pure shitfests. People waiting for something good that eventually never came.

Attached: the party.jpg (4536x3504, 3.35M)

>O MY GHOUL ARTIFICIAL FOOD TECHNOLOGY

>still samefagging his own blogpost
cringe, nobody cares fag

Powerlevel is messed up in this series, Kaiko was literally stomping everyone and their grandma until he got backstabbed by Eto.

For some reason this scene is ingrained in my brain

Attached: black_reaper_kaneki.jpg (540x766, 47K)

Also I've been here since manga translations stopped at Kaneki about to beat Ayato's ass during the Aogiri raid and all the drama at scanlators being pissed off when high interest chapters were translated and sent to batoto or some shit. Clownposting wasn't funny then and it's not funny now when the threads in the last quarter of the manga just had strings of retards spamming the vancouver clown

Tsukiyama is mediocre, Ayato is good but not amazing, Yomo is the only truly top tier guy Kaneki has
The Aogiri trio is better than any of them

whoops wrong one

Attached: black_reaper_kaneki.jpg (869x1233, 177K)

20. Ayato
19. Saiko
18. Kaiko (F)
17. Noro (F)
16. Tatara (F)
15. Mutsuki
14. Roma (F)
13. Urie
12. Suzuya
11. Takizawa
10. Amon
9. Donato (F)
8. Yomo
7. Kuzen (F)
6. Eto (F)
5. Uta
4. Arima (F)
3. Furuta (F)
2. Shikorae
1. Kaneki

Attached: 1468076397507.png (677x495, 425K)

Attached: Tokyo Ghoul re Ch. 85 p.012.png (949x1400, 225K)

ah right, i thought we were talking about only the living ones

Attached: Tokyo Ghoul re Ch. 85 p.013.png (950x1400, 419K)

i fucking hate both anticlownfags and clownfags/partyfags, fuck off retards nobody cares about your little meme wars about a series that ended 1 year ago

>Donato and Takizawa stronger than Suzuya
>Tatara below Mutsuki, Roma and Urie
>Uta this high when he should be below Yomo
>Shikorae and Amon this high
Otherwise decent

Ishida could have made her character more sympathetic by either reconciling her with Yoshimura or handling well her "friendship" with Tatara and Noro. But he turned her into another poorly written and edgy garbage character, that's really it.

Being this assblasted

Attached: 145FD3BC-712F-4634-9CC2-C82FE9023572.png (750x1334, 371K)

Why does this remind me of young Donato or someshit

Attached: ishida_latest.png (1000x550, 374K)

>dumb applefag can't even take screenshots
just fuck off and never come back

Attached: FU©K.png (289x488, 203K)

why is he even posting unrelated drawings when he has a big project under his armpit? just start a new series already if you're this bored

Eto is the perfect example of a ruined character.
She had a good past, a good story and a good design and it was all thrown down the shitter

>getting this autistic over a screenshot
go outside

charge your battery and learn how to take screenshots if you're already a filthy phoneposter

This was a slap to the face to all the ghouls that suffered in this story.
Unacceptable.

>good design
She was cute but nothing to write home about
Touka's combover was superior moe and the coolest masks/outfits were Noro's and Tatara's
Eto's appearance as the owl was 10/10 spooky though

>c-charge your battery
now you just look petty and dumb

V influence curves it. Let's not also pretend that most people would be supportive of investing heavily to remedy the conditions of a race of serial killers from the perspective of humanity.
>making them live in separate colonies with different laws?
lmao

How can you ruin a character when you didn't even develop her character to begin with? Eto did literally nothing except for her final villain and little conservation she had with Amon, that's about it for part 1 Eto. Then she was irrelevant again for 40+ chapters, her hype around her was because everyone wanted to know who the girl in the bandages was and if she was the OEK. The chapter about her backstory was cool though

final reveal*

I really thought I was reading the birth of something great up until about half way through the Cochlea arc, when the unease started to set in. It was just downhill from there. The ending was legitimately terrible.

>The ending was legitimately terrible
Rize getting offscreened was lame, but his last inner monologue was kino. And "the world just is" is better than the generic "dude, humans are the real monsters" which you see in so many series, even Parasyte pulled that one off. If you're talking about the last infodump chapter, that was legitimately rushed and forced

She had green hair. Green hair is always best.
Also her tattered appearance was super cool.

>"the world just is"
Sounds like the most apathetic thing someone could possibly say.
Like something from South Park.

The second half of :re was garbage but at least the fujoshit meltdown was hilarious when the author dropped that sex chapter.

Attached: 1415370402203.jpg (549x435, 35K)

Not when it's been a big theme of the series, since the very early portions of the series.

She was super cool because she was mysterious. Her back story was the cherry atop the cake.

>South Park
I wouldn't know, I don't watch western Yea Forums shit.

I don’t remember any fujoshit meltdowns regarding that chapter, just a few assblasted Hidefags but nothing too serious, I think.

>petite
>nice ass
>nice tats
>messy hair
>bandages that cover just the right parts at night - full kinky
>glasses+turtlenecks during day - full dorky
>green eyes and hair
>approaching cake velocity
What more could one ask?!

Attached: miura-art-eto3-y001.jpg (1202x1530, 233K)

Half of Dumblr was on fire for a week.

Attached: 6060E9B2-55F9-4C75-9F1B-CD5277B747F1.jpg (1000x930, 339K)

Does anyone have the raw of this

Attached: FD09D93A-8CAA-4190-89FD-2177F5FECDE9.jpg (4814x4228, 3.77M)

Ajin

Attached: 1527064788956.jpg (1740x1251, 769K)

>ywn give Furuta a hug and a normal life

That one fag that burned his first volume of TG.

Attached: 1534830495774.png (600x536, 253K)

>kaneki's gay he cant like women
fucking kek

A big theme of the series has been struggling, not just saying "ayyyylmao u mad"

Congrats, I guess?

saved. also reminder that they sent him death letters and showed pictures of burnt volumes. western fans are cancer

Oh, shit! Is this still ongoing?

Attached: nyaice.png (640x632, 312K)

This user gets it.

>A big theme of the series has been struggling, not just saying "ayyyylmao u mad"
Read the parts after Kaneki's and Amon's first encounter and after the first Aogiri raid

Attached: 茜(neko) 2018.05.31. (pixiv) [1].jpg (750x964, 144K)

very slowly

Is it better than the anime? I watched a few episodes and it was shit

I really enjoyed that trainwreck. Too bad Ishida couldn't have ended the suffering right there instead of killing the series even further.

>Read the parts after Kaneki's and Amon's first encounter and after the first Aogiri raid
Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, just saying that there aren't things wrong in the world is just plain false, especially considering that nothing got resolved. Stop defending Ishida's rushed ending.

Yes that’s why I love Eto. She is my favorite character. She is also cool, so even if I weren’t attracted to her I’d still like her.

He just wanted to keep his sister away from a life of prostitution in which she would have eventually fallen since her thot factor was off the charts even before she met Kaneki.

Attached: Medusa.png (838x826, 534K)

but I thought it was :re that didn't have backgrounds.

Didn’t Ishida literally say he got bored of the manga since he didn’t expect it to go on for that long so he just threw whatever together and called it an ending?

Be quiet, Eto is sleeping.

Attached: 茜(neko) 2018.12.27. (pixiv) [3].jpg (2048x1391, 421K)

Yeah but he wanted to draw at least 3 more chapters

Today I shall remind them about the day the redpill was dropped!

Attached: Peak Yamoriposting.png (1895x351, 103K)

Why did you post a picture of me sleeping? That’s creepy.

Attached: Sleepy.png (811x805, 527K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ETO SAVE ME

the best quality i could find

Attached: DDQHvFIUMAEtI2X.jpg (1200x764, 145K)

source? he only said he was exhausted after vol 7 (of the og.) and didn't enjoy drawing it on a weekly schedule, which is understandable

Kino!

Attached: takizawa.jpg (600x513, 52K)

thanks

I will not save you. Because you are a creep that takes pictures of me while I sleep.

no probs, i was interested in seeing it myself

Imagine the reaction when his family opened that will (if he ever turned it in).

>pictures

Attached: I M A G I N A T I O N.png (1060x768, 1.05M)

Don’t talk to me or my butt ever again.

they are all dead anyways ;_;

I'm glad that Kaneki didn't end up with Eto, he doesn't deserve her.

Attached: T_T.jpg (1382x2084, 406K)

My thoughts exactly

You are like, so ew.

>chapter 179 came out almost 1 year ago
holy fuck, how the time flies

It teaches me how fucking horrible things can be when Mangaka has full control of their series without any competent editor to keep them in check.

I feel exactly the same. I am a bit afraid regarding how fast my time flies. But if it flies that fast then it just means I am enjoying most of my time, no?

It went a bit messy in the end, but I like it too much. Guees I'm just an edgy retard

You are NOT an edgy retard.
I like your taste.

>author actually admits that he go burnt out
>it's the editor's fault
low iq

It turned into one of the most retarded and cliche shounen shit in the end. And almost all ghouls turned into invincible mary sues. Disgusting.

Sauce?

ah the memories, the gif, the shitposting, the CIA spoilers. Good times Yea Forumsnons, good times

he wrote a 5 pages long afterword right after the final chapter and also gave several other interviews talking about tg's seriazilation and how he felt

>can't into reading comprehension
>accuse other "le low iq poster"
Sure.

You're a brainlet alone for even thinking that Ishida had "full control" of his series without an editor who supervised his work. Imagine actually thinking a series of TG's caliber gets left unchecked without an editor.

retard

hard to read

I gave up on RE after Kaneki changed for like the 5th time so I'm not really caught up on what happened. Can anyone give me a super quick rundown on why the manga went from mediocre to shit?

tokyo ghoul almost singlehandedly got me to stop watching anime because i realize how generally shit it is compared to manga. 90% of anime adaptations look like complete shit compared to the manga

Oh thanks. I almost have the whole first part bought, since it takes some time in my country to translate it and I for some reason decided to not buy it in English. Can't wait until the :re is done so I can read it again.

Why not just buy it in English? It gets the most accurate translation from Japanese, no?

Maybe I'm retarded but I couldn't understand shit from fights because of Ishida's art style. And it always seemed to me that he skipped many important things in the plot.

the peak of re

started great ended rushed and unfulfilling

Ishida just have just hated drawing to end it how he did

still annoyed we don't see original OEK or an explanation of what happened to kanekis body/ghoul origins.

Such disappointment.