All things considered, was it really that good?

All things considered, was it really that good?

Attached: the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-light-novel-1.jpg (353x581, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

2cat.komica.org/~tedc21thc/new/pixmicat.php?res=2973440
natalie.mu/comic/news/329852
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't you think it's time to stop?

Yes.

Attached: 1542374142606.jpg (1920x1080, 437K)

is that a

Attached: 1535674844524.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Yeah

No

stop making this thread

>quietly nibbles on sandwich

Attached: yuki_sandwich1.gif (319x533, 2.59M)

yes

Nah, not really

Yes

Disappearance is one of the best animated movies of all time, so yes.

I want her to quietly nibble on my cock

Of course

Attached: 09.png (1280x720, 579K)

Yes.

>Suzumiya Haruhi-chan's Final 12th Volume Includes Newly-Written Novel by Nagaru Tanigawa
fuck misleading titles

Great show

Attached: kimonos_005b.jpg (1902x1208, 534K)

Generic harem romcom overrated by newfags, so no. It was the bunny girl/kaguya of its season.

What are we looking at?

Duh,yeah.

Attached: 1549082240457.jpg (1750x2480, 384K)

Ah~ I wanna taste a Haruhi

Attached: 62772119_p4.jpg (989x1319, 162K)

Gross

Attached: yuki_mad_001.jpg (1620x919, 566K)

>this thread again

Attached: 1451600162019.jpg (848x480, 55K)

Why didn't Lyon just tell yuki to remind him in the next loop?

Attached: yukisip1.gif (390x350, 1.16M)

yuki wearing different kimonos

>harem romcom

You sure you didn’t watch the wrong show?

Attached: yukifasteat.webm (852x480, 66K)

What color is Miss Nagato's hair?

Black obviously

I watched The Disappearance of harsh Suzumiya a few days ago (feel free to make your Slowpoke jokes). It left me with an odd, bittersweet taste. On the one hand, I was relieved that the movie served as a satisfying conclusion to the series, on the other, I felt sad that I wouldn't see these characters on-screen again. And this got me thinking, why am I thinking like this? Why was this show so popular? I came to the conclusion that Haruhi was such a big hit because it satisfied a specific fantasy that hadn't been satisfied before. Think about it, what disaffected teenager in the 00s wouldn't want to be Kyon? Who wouldn't want to trade their high school experienced filled with bullying and ostracism for one where they are surrounded by attractive friends and do all kinds of wacky things? Just like Kyon in the movie, they would be snarky and whining because they are edgy teenagers, but they would secretly love having these friends. Haruhi was basically a friend simulator, that came at a time when friend simulators didn't exist, at least in anime. I too didn't like the series that much when I first began watching but I grew to love the SOS Brigade, which is why Endless Eight killing any chances of the rest of the LNs being adapted leaves such a sour taste in my mouth. Sorry for the long blog post, just my two cents.

Attached: Haruhiism.png (2000x1212, 3.44M)

E8 didn't kill the series, the lack of new novels did. Which is criminal because the Dissociation arc is one of the greatest.

Pastel purple

How would you cheer up Yuki?

Attached: yukisad9992.jpg (863x713, 90K)

Was it overrated, maybe a bit. But it was PEAK COMFY and that's why people will always remember it fondly.

Make her feel appreciated
>inb4 "feel" lmao

Attached: av2zF5f.jpg (1280x687, 434K)

kiss her on the lips

E8 killed the series for me and my friend that watched it. God damn were we mad. We both dumped it out of protest. Going through all the trouble to animate 8 episodes with the Exact same dialog. No plot progression, nothing new, nothing interesting. After waiting awhile for the second season to come out, it was a slap in the fucking face. Only the most pathetic fans without any self respect would tolerate that abuse.

It looked really good and was an interesting experiment. That was some top Kyoani directing right there

Rig her programming to quench Kyon's massive sexual desires that could jeopardize the whole operation only to make him realize that he's falling for her.
Like in Ore to Nagato.

Yeah it was clear that it was supposed to be some sort of artistic expression. But who gives a fuck? He’s making a TV show, and his viewers aren’t art critics. If you betray the fans by making 75% of your 12 episode season the same damn episode, people are going to stop watching.

Without going as far as MUH ARTISTIC EXPRESSION, I found E8 interesting to marathon, especially during summer. Good job from Kyoani there.

>muh expression
You seem to be under the impression I approved his actions

It's a supernatural coming-of-age disguised as harem romcom, dumb pseud

To be fair it's more apparent in the later yet to be animated novels

Attached: movie never.jpg (1000x1000, 442K)

S1 is fantastic, S2 is good but repetitive obviously, I haven't even seen the movie. I've been keeping it in my back pocket to watch on a cold winter day when I've lost all hope.

Watch the movie nigger

well, our chinese overlords already have it.
2cat.komica.org/~tedc21thc/new/pixmicat.php?res=2973440

Attached: 0.jpg (650x459, 183K)

don't ask me what it means, can't read it.

Attached: 00.jpg (690x920, 192K)

new art by Noizi Ito?

Attached: 1.jpg (447x597, 50K)

Attached: 2.jpg (453x620, 54K)

Man Noizi does great artwork nowadays

Attached: 3.png (427x596, 32K)

Attached: 4.png (428x584, 50K)

article:
natalie.mu/comic/news/329852

Attached: 5.png (446x594, 54K)

Attached: 6.png (440x593, 63K)

Attached: 7.png (422x581, 51K)

Attached: 8.png (439x584, 60K)

last page

THE END

Attached: 9.png (413x561, 41K)

Haruhi is above average for light novel standards, Tanigawa genuinely has talent for the medium

Attached: Suzumiya.Haruhi.no.Yuuutsu.full.406983.jpg (750x690, 677K)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he got the wrong show. This entire show had bright, energetic characters and yet the viewer felt nothing but anger and depression through the entire thing. I still to this day don't see how they glossed over that giant plothole of just putting a fucking bullet in the bitch's brain before she destroyed the universe. Seemed like a simple solution. "b-b-but the universe might disappear!" How convenient of an excuse.

But really, this franchise consisted of 5 different plot arcs (between the manga, movies, anime, etc) and each of them felt different. For example, Haruhi was an absolute cunt in the anime. But in the movies and manga, she was much "lighter" and didn't come across as scathing.

Attached: 1532126514912.jpg (640x360, 30K)

Boomer Haruhi?

What does it say?

Tanigawa is good period, not just for LNs.

>I still to this day don't see how they glossed over that giant plothole of just putting a fucking bullet in the bitch's brain before she destroyed the universe. Seemed like a simple solution. "b-b-but the universe might disappear!" How convenient of an excuse.
More powerful people tried doing like that (except a lot better than just a gun) and got absolutely btfo

What has he actually done in this last few years though? I don’t think i’ve heard his name attached to anything at all.

>All things considered
It was fun, I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed talking with Yea Forums about it. What else is there to consider?

Short Haruhi story and something else that was pretty inconsequential. Probably fapping