What is the biggest overrated piece of shit you have watched/read?

What is the biggest overrated piece of shit you have watched/read?

Attached: From-the-New-World.jpg (1920x1200, 339K)

Gintama

Your pic related actually

These two and pic related, though my dumb 15 year old self sure did enjoy the hell out of this poorly-written, pandering garbage.

Attached: 91jY1SQauvL._SY606_.jpg (429x606, 60K)

>pic related
Greatest love story ever told my ass. The characters and story were annoying as shit.

Attached: 1527457337863.jpg (780x1147, 193K)

Romcoms are garbage by default. Toradora is glorified simply because it's probably the least terrible of them all.

>you don't understand, it looks like garbage and all the characters have no personality ON PURPOSE!

Anyway, while it wasn't *bad* per say, my answer is Gurren Lagann. The animated equivalent of a middle school motivational poster with a morally warped message (any reasonable watcher would conclude that Lordgenome, Rossiu, and the Anti-Spiral were all in the right, and Simon's I WIN BY SHOUTING LOUDER is only appealing to children and subhumans). Also Yoko has literally no personality.

I can't think of a bigger disappointment then OP's pic, what a shitshow.

Monogatri

Madoka, Steins Gate, Monster, Legend of the Galactic Gary Stues. Especially the latter 2. They can hardly even be considered animation.

At least Madoka is fun

Fruits Basket.

Lovely*Complex is a good romcom.

Strongly disagree. It takes itself too seriously for the laughably executed angst to be enjoyable.

Yoko >>> Nia
They had potential in making a miniseries of Yoko just being a badass teacher, I wish they did something with that.

Also killing off a character/ending the show as soon as they become a couple is an annoying cliche, I want more series that deal with actual relationship fluff like My Love Story.

>contrarian containment thread
Good job OP

Attached: 1541399475827.jpg (812x806, 114K)

What did Yoko offer as a character other than "hot" and "badass"?

Lain

I fucking hate code geass.

it was just 2deep4u

Well having thought about it, not much either.

not really
I loved texhnolyze and haibane renmei but hated lain

SSSSS Gridman

Madoka and Texhnolyze

Attached: texh.jpg (455x360, 107K)

flcl

The book was better

AoT
LOGH

Spotted the newfag

Angel Beats. The characters are idiots and it felt like watching a series of random events unfolding for no purpose.

>overrated
Why do you care so much about what other people think of some cartoon?

If i did not cared I would not be on this board

underb&

>per say

Neon Genesis Evangelaion is the most overrated anime of all time.

Shit taste

Wait, so you literally wish to live and be treated like a subhuman, not even allowed on the surface, but those who wish for a better future are supposed to be the subhumans instead? I suppose it's fortunate that you'll never wish to crawl out of whatever hole you're currently hiding in, dealing with you might otherwise be unpleasant.

pic related and this

Attached: Angel_Beats!_DVD_Complete_Collection_cover.jpg (265x376, 26K)

you wanted to say the best anime, right?

pic related is probably the most wasted premise I have seen in my life. characters are a huge piece of shit.

Attached: Shit.jpg (640x960, 241K)

Probably Kaleido Star, which may be my favourite anime. But there are many that I love

Attached: 75487[1].jpg (225x321, 21K)

Oops wrong thread, meant to post in >

This garbage

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.93M)

Say what you will, no other animu generates actual discussion (as opposed to waifu posting) after 6 years.

Obviously not in this thread, but there are some from time to time.

Stein;Gate and Cowboy bebop

Code Geass

Steins Gate was so overrated

How?

I would love to hear which animes they think that are good

Literally worse than SAO.

Attached: shit.jpg (640x960, 203K)

Literally no one rates that thing higher that 5/10 what the fuck are you talking about