Why is Naruto so much more popular in the west than One Piece?

Why is Naruto so much more popular in the west than One Piece?

Attached: 1552888577304.jpg (600x338, 71K)

One Piece's art style ticks me off, Naruto was only good for a laugh during part 1, then it started taking itself too seriously

Isn't One Piece the best selling manga in Europe?

>the west
>burgerland

America=/= west you retarded burger
One Piece is more popular than Naruto in France

the only important country im the west is america
yuropoors are too poor and can't affort to buy manga

Maybe a more consistent and/or heavy broadcast? Or that it focused more on ebin superpowers than adventure.
Still I think it's more the case with the US than "the West" in general, whatever that might mean.

Kill yourself

say that to my face when the nazis come back and you need papa america to come save you again

Art style is better. Ninjas are more popular than pirates, Naruto's world building, power scaling, and fighting style is better early on, at least in the eyes of the younger folk that normally watch this. I remember when I was young OP was just weird and I didn't enjoy much at all of it, I liked naruto due to the gloom early naruto had and better fights. Again this was in the eyes of me when I was 8 or so so don't throw a tantrum one piss fags

That being said HxH is better than both (sorry I don't have any other shounen images)

Attached: IMG_1805.png (167x485, 60K)

My guess is that 4kids ruined One Piece in the US. In other countries, however, they got a better localization

Now you made me curious how a Gon-fied Hisoka would look like.

Early Naruto beats every early part of any shonen anime.
One Piece might seem goofier westerners.
One Piece was raped by 4kids.

Mainly because the Naruto anime got more of a push in the west. The 4kids dub of One Piece really hurt its brand over here and it only recently recovered.

>in France
Why would anybody care about cretins?

One Piece's art style is an eyesore.

Americans are edgy and like edgy things

Cause black people like ninjas hitting each other than pirate adventures

4kids and having a more "cartoony" artstyle that doesn't look like traditional anime killed One Piece in the U.S.

I think it's starting to change now that many other series are done or on hiatus. People crave powerlevel battleshit and One Piece is one of the only things actively delivering.

Cause one piece isn’t that good

Well for starters One Piece got fucked over by 4kids while Naruto debuted on Toonami.
Fucked over might be an understatement. They cut short or skipped over entire story arcs like Reverse Mountain and Little Garden.

One Piece of Shit sucks and the art is AIDS

As far as I know One Piece did air all around the world but nobody liked the artstyle/story, if you fail to catch the attention of people at first you lose, on the other hand Naruto artstyle and story was appealing to everyone, show the first episode of Naruto to any 13 years old kid and they will be like "this story is about me" while in One Piece you won't get that reaction, both series had the same opportunities but One Piece never appealed to anybody except those who stay to at least the Arlong Park arc.

because it's the second biggest manga market in the world after japan

I heard more OP ringtones than naruto ones.

Because people were able to relate and sympathize with Naruto in the beginning. The underdog story appeals to the audience more when done right.

Part 1 was good and to some extent shippuden, until the War arc came into the picture. Besides Naruto was better promoted in West in that it appeared on both cartoon network and toonami. One Piece tried and failed and the anime didn't get interesting until Water 7 arc.

Naruto unironically has a much stronger beginning to get people invested in the characters

>Why is Naruto so much more popular in the west than One Piece?
As far as I know it isn't anymore, it was only more popular more or less during the Chuunin exams arc when the anime was aired on western TV, and just because most weebs back them were dumb tween edgelords that thought One Piece looked too "cartoony" and not like "muh real ani-mays"

Because One Piece has the content of a G rated Disney show despite have big anime tits

Have you ever heard how casuals see anime/manga, some people think that dragon ball Z is the absolute best just because "lmao they can blow up planets" THAT's IT, so as long as the power levels are high the anime will be popular.

Naruto has a good start. Zabusa is a top tier arc.
One Piece has an awful start. Straw Hat introductions and Arlong are all boring, comparatively.

One Piece was slow and not appealing in art in the beginning. Even Bleach of all things is more popular in the West than One Piece is.

Are you a former executive of 4kids who thought that just because the manga looks goofy it's g rated? Because you clearly don't read one piece if you think that, I'm not saying it's dark or edgy but definitely not disney tier, in fact the whole reason the anime bombed in USA was all the censorship that ruined It.
>Remember usopp, it's a RUBBER knife
>Laboon is an iceberg
>Little garden doesn't exist
JUST

I guess One Piece fans are just mostly normies who'll watch or read it from time to time, share a meme or two every now and then and otherwise you won't recognize them.

This was the case a decade ago but One Piece is even more popular than Naruto nowadays. On the contrary, I see the fanbase growing at a fast rate daily.

Niggers.

Attached: d2z0cjm-ac4abe3a-d2b0-4657-aa36-ad60eed64604.jpg (500x500, 167K)

>t. braindead zionist bootlicker

I still barely see it compared to Naruto.