Other rocks can be found at

Attached: d3.png (1114x1600, 285K)

Attached: d4.png (1114x1600, 193K)

Attached: d5.png (1114x1600, 493K)

Attached: d6.png (1114x1600, 374K)

Attached: d7.png (1114x1600, 312K)

Attached: d8.png (1114x1600, 372K)

Attached: d9.png (1114x1600, 337K)

The fact that no one's asking about nuGoshe makes me believe he's accounted for, somewhere.

Attached: d10.png (1114x1600, 260K)

Wonder what their periodic table looks like, surely in some hundred thousands years some more synthetic elements would pop up

Attached: d11.png (1114x1600, 391K)

Attached: d12.png (1114x1600, 310K)

Attached: d13.png (1114x1600, 491K)

Attached: d14.png (1114x1600, 331K)

Meanwhile, on Earth.

Attached: d15.png (1114x1600, 610K)

No matter what everyone says, nuMorga is still precious.

Attached: d16.png (1114x1600, 464K)

Attached: d17.png (1114x1600, 259K)

Attached: d18.png (1114x1600, 671K)

Attached: d19.png (1114x1600, 237K)

And that's it.
What did everyone think about the chapter and this arc in general?

Attached: d20.png (1114x1600, 671K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
I LOVE PHOS!!!

Attached: 386F506B-E3AE-4EE8-A308-EB39D9B94466.jpg (960x640, 117K)

I'm loving the developments so far and everything seems to be settling down again at a steady pace but goddammit I feel so bad for Phos.

Yellow looks lunarian as fuck with that long, slender body and some sort of gown made from this bedsheets.

I read this chapter after reading volume 8 when it arrived in the mail. This is essentially the tail end of the 10th volume, so essentially for 3 entire volumes Phos took a few gems to the moon and got herself scattered on the earth. Aside from cairngyaru fangirling over Aechmea and some meaningless battles, literally nothing else has happened in 3 whole volumes.

Still one more 25 page chapter until the volume ends, there's a slim chance things may hit the fan so Ichikawa can end Vol 10 with a cliffhanger.

I think she just doesn't want to go back to the cup ramen days and is dragging it out way longer than necessary. By volume 8 most of the initial mysteries are resolved and we're just waiting indefinitely to see if and how she eventually wraps things up. A cliffhanger could just be another mostly irrelevant speed bump like the "battle" was.

>everything sounds simple when I simplify it!
Yeah okay, let's ignore developing interactions, new characterizations and the awaited confrontation during the raid that everyone was losing their minds over. Also
>implying that HnK has ever been about twist reveals and info about the lore when it's often the gems's interactions/turmoil that serves as the primary focus of the story

I'm not normally an ADDfag complaining that every scene isn't a reveal but it just feels like its dragging its feet to me. Obviously I'm exaggerating but my point is still that the pacing of the story and the amount of character interactions has increased in the last few volumes compared to the first few. I mostly read older manga so this is probably normal but it's pretty frustrating and reminds me why I mostly read finished series.

Something is going to happen and someone is going to gather Phos and phos will fix and redeem his actions

please

Every volume usually ends with a cliffhanger and it's consistently been major ones since volume 5. I definitely expect the same to happen next month, I only hope Ichikawa actually releases a 24 pages chapter instead of adding pages in the collected-only edition like last time.

Look, I'm not going to say you should change your mind since it's fine if you didn't like it, but the night raid definitely wasn't meaningless and the mystery of Sensei's nature and his connection to the Lunarians which was ongoing since the start of volume 2 has finally been investigated and solved.
Plus the chapters from 52 to 78 are one huge arc depicting Phos's death and rebirth, which include a smaller arc about his failed attempt at being a leader figure (from 57 to 71). Phos used to be the main character because he was the only one who wanted some change and went through it himself, but now he actually brought about the single biggest series of radical changes in the series.

Attached: Phos death and rebirth.jpg (1174x2557, 659K)

There's also the fact that the interactions and other gems's responses to the events actually lend to giving proper characterization to them which in turn, has shifted the status quo of the storytelling itself. I like that the overall pacing gives the characters and story actual time to breathe instead of just constantly answering some great huge mystery every single time.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, which gem would you?

Attached: 74006560_p0.jpg (636x900, 154K)

So, is Euc still an evil mastermind? Have you guys calmed down? It also seems to me that Aechmea was not expecting Cairn to get so attached to him and now doesn't know what to do with him.

My cute wife Phosu of course.

Attached: 1531523816961.jpg (1600x2255, 1.47M)

>tfw the Euclase/Phos fan rivalry flipped on itself in just a couple of chapters
She's the only one who gives a shit about Phos's pleas. So yeah, she's cool in my book.

This is nightmare fueling

The words Candycane is saying seem kind of oxymoronic. That "all I can do" is pretty much nothing right now.

>we tried to get your ex-dad to pray nuke earth but now we know he's broken
>also your former partner is rock candy at this point

I think most people were and still are missing the point: Euclase being the gem who can detect and interpret patterns more than anyone else, which is the thing that didn't change.
When Phos came out of the sea in chapter 57, we get the sequence with Sensei: unlike every other time Phos gained a new part, it's not Sensei who gives meaning to her transformation, but merely asks if Phos came back: it's Phos who certifies her own identity, Sensei goes along with it, and all the gems immediately accept that this is the Phos they always knew. This doesn't sit well with Euclase, who can't help feeling like something is off (which actually is the case: Phos has been lying) -coming to the conclusion that maybe Phos isn't what everyone is assuming he is.
So, when Phos reveals his intentions by taking the gems to the moon, everyone reads his actions "correctly" this time: she has aligned with the moon and therefore is effectively a Lunarian, and should be treated as such. Except this too feels off to Euclase, who understands that Phos's last actions didn't seem to be hostile and were consistent with his words. Once again, while the gems take everything at face value, Euc can't shake the feeling that maybe Phos isn't what everyone is assuming he is.

Attached: eucbutt.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

If one wanted to run an ttrpg based on this series, which system would best cover the fighting elements, as well as the slice of life parts?

It depends. It could even work well as pencil and paper, since most of the battles consist of striking the right place at the right moment and it's over flawlessly.
In my opinion, battles could work decently with any turn-based system that allows for continued actions really. As for the SoL parts, the world allows for very little traveling so it'd have to resort to doing your job and occasionally helping the non-fighters, so some sort of specialization or skill system would help. Are you aware of the /tg/ houseki quest going on ?

Attached: 1513266569792.jpg (800x1130, 71K)

What are your predictions on Euc's role later in the manga?

I love Zircon but she is barely ever relevant.
I don't know why they would waste the best design on such a irrelevant character.

Attached: 1500473284704.png (379x1080, 404K)

Now that I finally caught up with the manga I can finally start discussing it with you guys!
She is relevant enough in complementing Bortz and giving diamond a reason to wallow in melodrama and self-pity.

She will dig out Phos and run away with her to the sea.

Welcome!

Attached: Read_the_Compilations.png (800x794, 852K)

I imagine it could be like monopoly.
Every time you land on a character you have to grab a card from their deck [depending on the game's price it could have 10-30 cards] which are very idiosyncratic. These cards could be interacted with between players, if a player gets an outcome right he gets one of three points with the character. If he has three he's got a character devoted like Pad or Cairn. If he's got a character with two he's got a character who's on your side but can be converted, like Phos or Yellow. If you've got one point that character will do less damage in combat.

You then also have chance cards which are random events like Admirabilis uprising or a new type of Lunarian.

Combat works by placing cards with their back facing upwards, and then turning them over. Cards taken in by lunarians are disabled. Cards taken in by gems are redeemed.

Slice of life element comes through the characteristic cards, let's say i land on dia, then i have an option of urging bortz to stay with me, letting it go and going to the moon or something else gay. If another player has the bortz card, they can choose how they respond in turn, and exchange points.

the game is fluid and the goal is being on the winning side, but what side that is is unclear, and everyone can change continually except for a select few characters in circumstance, like say pad is on the same side as the lunarians, then rutile will always go against phos or pad or something

okay i'll read the compilations

Nah, at best they would have new names for those radioactive heavy elements that are still named after their atomic number.

>I hate cairn now, and fuck shinsha.
el rojo perro de euc
la puta (transsexual)

>Phos finally gets whats coming
I hope they end it right there and let him rot

Attached: 1502297962017.png (291x319, 57K)

el joto pedofile

name ONE (1!) thing Phos did wrong.
the only thing I could REMOTELY consider as bad is his treatment of Sensei but then again it was a CONFUSING time

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 15.03.35.png (449x449, 163K)

>name ONE (1!) thing Phos did wrong.

Attached: 1494745666976.jpg (373x531, 66K)

sodesu ka?

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 23K)

Attached: D5K_EU1X4AAYJ6w.jpg (1200x1200, 78K)

Who knows? The little we can try to predict comes from the symbology of buddhistic last rites in the last three volumes. Basically, 'going to the moon' is an equivalent for death in the manga, except it's more fucked up because the gems are functionally immortal and the survivors can't grieve a body. Phos decides to die and stays on the moon for 49 days, which is the traditional period during which Japanese folklore believes a spirit is not at peace and has to be prayed for with specific rituals (so on the 50th day they can be reborn into the Pure Landâ„¢and become a hotoke, receiving a Buddhistic posthoumous name as an official ancestor spirit) . At the end of that, we can say that Phos is supposed to have officially died and become one of the dead, i.e. the Lunarians. In chapter 57, Phos is dropped in water which means he is reborn on Earth. As Japanese hungry ghosts are wont to do, he's seen dwelling at night over the roof of the house, but to the earth gems his symbolic role in the story is the one of a moon agent looking to trick the living into following him to the other realm. Now I did some bit of research and finally found out the reason why Ichikawa suddenly started to mention specific number of days around volume 8 and 9 when she literally never had the characters do so before, and I discovered what the reasoning was. While the 49 days is obvious to anyone who's at least a bit familiar with Japanese funerals or folklore, the manga has Phos come back to the moon after 27 days on Earth and then back to earth on the 66th day (while Karen retrieves him on the dawn on the 67th day). Now it's important to remember that the memorial rites for the dead used to be a huge deal in Japanese buddhism, since it's basically THE thing that made buddhism successful in Japan in medieval times in the first place and your average XXI century Nihonjin still associates organized buddhism with 1. annual celebrations 2. funeral rites and memorials for relatives
cont.

Attached: sleeping Dia.jpg (1280x720, 316K)

Real talk for a second.
Aechmea, does he actually love that dumb cocksleeve Cairngorm or what?

Attached: hs78p09amm5z.jpg (643x744, 125K)

>he still thinks this is going to have a happy ending

Attached: b74.png (814x764, 541K)

Are you new to /hnk/ threads? What he posted wasn't even long.

Attached: hnk_talk.jpg (7889x4251, 2.83M)

so this is compilanon shit that i'm supposed to read?

also
>diamond got cucked by bortz (black)
>diamond wants to get cucked by cairn (black)
who knew that diamond was a cuckold.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 15.21.06.png (326x367, 59K)

imgur.com/a/3fVKI1A

What the fuck... Does anybody read those?!

I'm so fucking, fucking pissed off that Phos, the person with the highest intelligence, best information processing and memory capacity of the gems, is the one deliberately being kept ignorant by Aechmea. Maybe if Phos could learn some science he would be able to call Aechmea out on his bullshit about the love armour and stuff like that.

You think Aechmea was lying about the love armour? I mean it wouldn't be impossible considering the nature of this show, right, and with Phos being inactive and away from Sensei for so long, she also really hates him, which could allude to Phos no longer loving sensei.

Also interesting fact is that the figure Kongo is based on is the patron of dead children and fetuses and has said he won't be crowned Buddha until Hell is empty of souls.

That means that Aechmea really is a fucking pedophile which adds a whole new layer to his idea of freedom by grooming cairngorm.

>What the fuck... Does anybody read those?!
Some people wrote them and some others made them into pics so yes.
We are willing to try to answer but if you can't even read 4 lines before giving up, most anons probably won't take the time to.
If you are interested in the lore just read the compilations, I bet 99% of your questions have answers there anyway. If you don't want to then expect to be treated like an ignorant.

Attached: 54a30f7e44b6a4754ea95bb9bc09f2ef.jpg (798x900, 190K)

>Red dia
>confirmation that Sensei is incapable of prayer
>snail history
>extremely important characterisation for the gems as a whole
>Red dia restoration
>a lot of setup for the next arc

what if i just watch some crash course about buddhism? i mean then i'd be able to follow along too right lmao

>You think Aechmea was lying about the love armour?
Moonies interpreting emotional things as purely physical (love armour, red areki, ghost eyes and stuff like that) has been something that pops up a lot in the recent arcs, it seems very unlikely at this point that the love armour is an actual thing.

>red dia restoration
her memories are wiped
>red dia
like three frames lol
>snail history
yeah that's pretty good
>a lot of set up
yeah, yeah
>characterisation for the gems as a whole
please elaborate
>confirmation
we don't know what his reason is, he could just be heavily principled.

Anyone have the gem dick comparison chart?

aechmea is full of lies
i wonder if he even cares about anything other than nirvana and just sees it all as necessary but annoying involvement

Was the snail history "pretty good"? I remember being disappointed that we got almost no new information we hadn't already got from the first undersea visit or the moon.

my theory: phos will be reconstructed eventually, someone will forget their hide out and fill fill phos with something else
phos will be able to summon sensei to pray but will be too dead inside to do so, having meditated and achieved nirvana or something

or

phos is forgotten about
the lunarians continue their war
ichikawa shits on everyone

If I had to buy volume 8 or volume 9, what should I buy?

So something that's unique to Japanese Buddhism is the concept of the 13 Buddhas grouping and its association with afterlife and hells (as a result of mixing with Shinto and pre-existing traditions but that's too long a story).
Anyway, the 13 Buddhas are invoked in memorials for the dead on specific day intervals, each per memorial rite. Mainline Pure land Buddhism has a certain grouping which is the more popular, but Shingon Buddhism has another. Ichikawa studied in a Shinran institute of the Pure land 'sect', but said herself they studied other schools.
To cut it short, in that grouping the 27th day memorial is 'ruled' by or linked to Shaka Nyorai, the historical Buddha. That's why Phos is able to make the travel back to the moon safely, he 'passes the test' of being the Buddha of the present times and a proper tathagata (the one who can go and come). Phos then comes back on the 66th night, fails spectacularly and is rescued on the dawn on the 67th day. The Buddha associated with the 67th day is no other than Miroku bosatsu, or Maitreya -the Buddha of the future who Ichikawa explicitly had Phos imitate in pic related.
So the numbers of the days (which immediately disappeared again right after) are there as a deliberate symbology to tell us that Phos is still a Buddha figure and on his way to enlightenment in the present, but was wrong to 'cut in line' and claim he could already bring peace and paradise on earth as he was. Thanks to Karen and the circumstances, he realizes this and goes back to Earth unarmed, this time putting his faith in Sensei, explicitly recalling the Jizou Bosatsu imagery of children hiding in his robe in chapter 76. Now if you don't know it, Jizou is a catch-all patron saint and protector in Japan, but one of his main roles is the protector of children (the ones who are very much alive as the dead and the aborted ones): Phos came down to Earth with nothing but the trust in the protector of children.
cont.
sorry for being a long-winded faggot

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c057 (v08) - p095 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2587x3684, 1.55M)

well we know they're cannibals now
we know why they're dumb now
we know that earth snails are living a lie and that they're out of the equation

Didn't we learn 2 of those 3 things from the moon people?

Probably not. If he did, he wouldn't lie about things like the arm from 102 years ago, and about watching and loving Cairn before he went to the moon.
Eventually he'll get tired of Cairngorm, but for now he uses him as an entertaining onahole.

>people don't lie to people they love

wait so ichikawa studied buddhism in a university?
also if sensei recognises phos' similarity to the maitreya, why doesn't he do anything to allow for a moment of dialogue between them?

why is phos so violent and still very much absorbed by ego. I mean he is hurt by cairngorm and denounces him and also hasn't really achieved impartiality

largely depends
but most certainly you will need to incorporate HB rules
good luck running a ttrpg with Yea Forums

Attached: 6af.jpg (480x360, 37K)

the arm is fake, as I guessed but how did you come to that conclusion (based on evidence).
It's very likely he's just grooming cairn as we saw with him saying he's got something very important which was actually banal

not in that way, dipshit

Are you guys ready to be sidelined for 20 chapters for the next riveting rescue Phos arc, where the main conflict gets completely ignored over trivial matters?

Attached: sust-fuck-my-shit-up-4155621.png (500x522, 126K)

Attached: 1546820738990.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

>rescue Phos arc
nobody is going to rescue phos.
are you implying yellow will? nobody will. she's a complete outcast

what's the main conflict even? the lunarians ascending?

>benito

>You think Aechmea was lying-
yes.
We already have fairly solid proof that he was lying about Cairn's arm and Red Alex' condition, and most of the rest of what he says is sketchy at best. The love armour seems improbable, the Ghost-eye thing seems improbable, why would the Slugs go through a sudden famine out of the blue? And the whole shit about him not telling Phos about the human particle puts everything he says into a doubtful light, because if praying REALLY does what they say it does, then why should they hide Phos' cool new absolute command power from him? If Phos knew he could order Sensei to spill the beans, Phos would immediately go and find out the truth from Sensei, and for whatever reason, Aechmea absolutely didn't want that to happen.
Aechmea also had that "totally coincidental" piece of "artificial" Antarc on the moon, ready for Phos' arrival, and had the pearl eye ready before Phos even told him about the plan. This implies that Aechmea has been keeping tabs on Phos in particular.
Literally the only thing Aechmea has said that we know is true, is that Sensei isa tool made by humans.
Take everything else with a grain of salt.

Attached: 1551647978853.png (1114x1600, 1.05M)

>>characterisation for the gems as a whole
>please elaborate
For individual gems, we've gotten a huge amount of characterisation for Cairngorm, Rutile, Shitsha, and Euclase, and quite a bit of characterisation for Yellow, >benito, and Padparadscha.
For the gems as a whole, it's 100% confirmed that they have fairy-like blue and orange morality, which puts everything they have done up til now, and will do from now on in a whole new light.

Attached: 1526138623627.png (958x4670, 843K)

This is super interesting, thanks user.
There's also that thing that it seems like Ichikawa is leading to the entire series taking place over 108 years.

Wtf happened to us singing the op? Did anything come of that?

Hi rohiniposter, you're delusional about Aechmea again today.
The arm is too long to be the one from 102 years ago, particularly since the arm Aechmea presented to Craig was black, meaning it was fully Cairngorm. That means that, if it really is the one from 102 years ago, they would have had to shave off all the Ghost pieces, which would make it even smaller. The arm from 102 years ago was cut off from halfway up the forearm, while the arm Aechmea gave to Craig was cut off above the elbow.
The graphic included here on the far left explains it pretty well.

holy kek

>cairn's arm
>red alex condition
what's the proof
why does he enter a relationship with cairngorm? he said it's all pretences and has talked about how she makes it "all possible" but it's too fucking unclear

>slug sudden famine
why would they want the slugs that can fight back in their lands

>if praying really does what they say it does
are you implying sensei praying will have a different outcome?

>aechmea absolutely didn't want that to happen
he sent phos either way and was pumped when phos got sensei to beam up

>aechmea has been keeping tabs on phos in particular
very obviously but why pretend to be doing so on cairn?
is it to make phos feel pressured by a hostile princess and to let phos know she's got no allies except aechmea?

mistranslation

Attached: H_He_Li_Be.png (433x247, 70K)

>sensei recognises phos' similarity to the maitreya, why doesn't he do anything to allow for a moment of dialogue between them?
Probably because it's too dangerous to deal with Phos if Phos can get him to do basically anything with a single command
>why is phos so violent and still very much absorbed by ego.
Phos isn't actually that violent. Remember that Phos didn't even start the fighting during the night raid, he just correctly predicted that the earth gems would attack him, and came adequately prepared for a fight.
As for being absorbed by his own ego, this arc's characterisation for Phos was literally about Phos having any shred of arrogance beaten out of him, along with any remaining love he might have had for himself.

Seems nicer than Phos' current situation. At least here he's in one piece.

I see.
Why do you reckon Aechmea is playing mind games on cringeworm?

Eucposter died, no updates.

>if Phos can get him to do basically anything with a single command
Wait... WHAT?!
I thought fucking Sensei could only pray on command...

>about Phos having any shred of arrogance beaten out of him, along with any remaining love he might have had for himself.
So in that sense getting called "bad gem" as though he were a dog will be a catalyst for Phos and his starvati... his fasting (he won't get no sun no more from melon or the rest) is his ... asceticism.

Holy fuck it all makes sense now.
He is deprived of sunlight, his ego is gone and he now has the chance to "think about what" he's "done wrong".

So when Phos is restored he'll have sick ass Buddha powers and be able to make sound decision right?

also
>mfw no buddhist gf

He already tried the exact same mental seduction shit on Phos, (remember how he transformed to look similar to Aechmea during the dinner, and how he pushes all the right buttons with Phos by using Aechmea) but it didn't work, because in spite of how most of the other characters see Phos, Phos is possibly the most resilient and mentally sound characters in the series, at least by human standards.
As for the reason why, Aechmea clearly tried the same thing with Phos so that Phos could be manipulated more easily and used to his advantage, so it stands to reason that he wants to have Aechmea be available, just in case he needs a gem willing to cooperate later. Also, taking Cairn away from Phos went a long way in making Phos more vulnerable to manipulation.

In the end, Phos ends up shattered instead. To be honest, it's partly his fault: she was the one who wanted Sensei to abdicate from his role of the current buddha and protector of the gems' Pure land, and he did. The whole story revolves around the symbolism of the pure landâ„¢ and how there isn't an Amida to grant it: chapter 71 does well in showing how and why both Aechmea and Adamant fail at being the Amida of the story (Aechmea shows his Yamantaka/Dai-Itoku Myo-o face -Daiitoku being the wrathful emanation of Amitabha- while Adamant heals the gems but is now too subservient).
So Phos ends up metaphorically dead and buried: it sure adds up the the uncomfortable feeling that we readers look at it as a burial, while the gems have no idea of what that might be: to reinforce this, Ichikawa has the Phosboxes literally look like Japanese cinerary urns (a urn inside a wooden box wrapped in a cloth) while the gems cheerfully hide them. Now since today the usual Buddhistic funeral involves cremation rather than burial, what happened to Phos is reminding of the umebaka ritual -what used to be the first burial of two when cemeteries became too crowded: umebaka is burial in nature, where the body is left to be forgotten without a name or recognition (this gesture is called 'nageru' so just "throw away, waste"). The meaning of this was so that everything but the bones would rot and be purified for the 'real' burial in the family tomb after three years: the irony of the gems doing this is that a gem is already nothing but bone, but in doing so the gems are instead desecrating their pure land that never saw a burial before.
This is made clear by the shot of the broken bell: the gems use that as a way to call a moon attack, but the temples' bonsho are a call to meditation and insight. The conspicuous absence of the bell means the gems can rejoice that the moonies stopped coming, but in fact their fake peace only means they aren't reflecting on their actions anymore.

Attached: Red Aleki high impact.jpg (800x667, 288K)

Yup, it's at this moment that they're reminding me of the fairies in Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, lacking the ability to see the extent of their actions.

Perhaps not as outright, but it definitely reminds me of one of the fairies disappearing forever (implied to have died) in a nasty little hole and her relatives and father basically don't give a single crap. At least one of those fairies act like kids to and love to dance and sing, but with the added dimension of doing it after they've murdered someone, get disappointed that they died so easily and then they lose interest in their victim immediately.

Anyway, it makes you wonder how much of what you have seen all manga is filtered through Phos' perspective.

Attached: 4L_6gRBypd2.jpg (632x601, 171K)

People keep doubting lunarians but what could they even be lying about?
They're literally a space traveling civilization where the only other 'sentient' beings next are a tribe of 30 something individuals who still make paper out of plants, who they hunt out of sport, and literally cannibalistic slugs who they keep as pets. What could be their objective other than passing away? Become gods? They could already do whatever they want and no one could oppose. They haven't killed all the gems already simply to have something to do. Ruling the world? The world is just an ocean without nutrients, and a tip of land. Become human again? On a world that can hardly sustain simple slugs, humans are completely out of the question.
I cannot see lunarians lying. They really just want to become nothingness.

I suspected so, 'sailor' seemed so random. What would a TL sound like? Is your filename it?

>what's the proof
Here >red alex
We've seen Alex turn red without any moonies on earth at all, and we know for a fact that it was caused by psychological reasons. So saying that it was caused by moonie light is plain incorrect.
>makes it "all possible"
probably because Phos, without any support from anyone whatsoever, was pretty easy to use as a puppet.
>why would they want the slugs that can fight back in their lands
The point is that the slugs were taken to the moon, and couldn't fight back, and also they could be used for human particle synthesis. See pic related. Remember that all the slugs were on the moon until Ventricosus and Aculeatus escaped back to the ocean duing the early slug arc.
>are you implying sensei praying will have a different outcome?
We don't know what praying does. It might actually make moonies disappear, or it might join the three species into humanity again. In chapter 9, Ventricosus said the moonies want to become humans again, now that they have a fresh new world.
>he sent phos either way and was pumped when phos got sensei to beam up
He sent Phos there in the one way where Phos was least likely to ask Sensei questions directly. This was the safest thing for him to do.

Attached: 1534577660992.png (1114x1600, 917K)

Holy shit, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks user.
Where's compilanon when we need him?We don't know the condition of the world apart from that one single island, and if it's needed, the Moonies could fix earth into being habitable and prime for humanities return very quickly.

>In chapter 9, Ventricosus said the moonies want to become humans again, now that they have a fresh new world.
confirmed by aechmea to be delusion
why would he lie about this?
i mean i bet aechmea understands that he can't just achieve nirvana so he wants a second chance by being reborn (and dying) but does sensei have that power? he's only a robot
>He sent Phos there in the one way where Phos was least likely to ask Sensei questions directly.
That is only if you forget about Euclase and her lack of need for revenge

>remember how he transformed to look similar to aechmea during the dinner
what who are you talking about?
>he pushes all the right buttons with phos by using aechmea
??? who?

also i agree that aechmea was erogenous at first until he realised cairngorm's importance to phos
otherwise it'd be too random
however everything is too coincidental isn't it?

... if aechmea was planning everything from the start, was it part of his plan to have the lunarians produce "swit" sounds to bait out phos specifically with cairngorm, the unstable one, who he can easily manipulate in order to get to phos?

>Moonies could fix earth into being habitable
If there were planning to do that, they would have done it first, before turning into humans and having literally nothing to eat.

do you think phos' burial could also be metaphorical for his asceticism that he will reincarnate with higher karma now, since he suffered so much?

I feel as though this next Phos reconstruction will be the true Buddha.

>why would he lie about this
user. If Phos knows this, then Phos isn't going to ask Sensei to pray, because if humans are recreated the gems will stop existing.
Don't blindly trust Aechmea, seriously.

>??? who?
fuck, I meant that during the dinner Aechmea transforms to look like Sensei.
And he manipulates Phos by using Antarc. Sorry about that.

how to memorize periodic table

Attached: suihei_liebe.gif (338x191, 4K)

> humans are recreated the gems will stop existing
Where this even comes from?

Because to make humans, the gems, slugs and moonies presumably have to be joined into one?

So, to FINALLY answer this question : the chapters from 52 to 78 are filled with so many precise references to funeral rites' numerology in Japanese Buddhism that the whole arc's best interpretation is in terms of the moon as the Other Realm/Realm of the Dead.
Without going into excessive detail again, Phos died, was reborn on the moon to get brought back with a liminal identity, tried to conquer the trial of the Miroku bosatsu but failed (the 16 arhats on Earth didn't recognize him as Maitreya).
After losing everything and having an identity crisis in chapter 72, he tries again and he actually succeeds at pleading, only to end up literally buried. "Lunarian" Phos had to die and be reborn once again.
If we follow the numbers, it's not unlikely that the earth gems could be split between Euclase, Jade and Sensei on one side and the other 13 on the other, representing the Jusanbutsu ruling over the Netherworld who'll have him "stand on trial" to reincarnate. It looks like Sensei should be central to this because of the Jizou imagery rescuing children from limbo (and because Jizou is in fact one of the 13, if you want to know more I suggest reading onmarkproductions.com/html/sai-no-kawara.html ). Euclase could be the one who realizes that Sensei still has an important role to fill in their society.

Attached: Euclase sketchy euclase background.jpg (1240x1754, 388K)

> The only being whose even made a tiny iota of progress towards you realising your dream of finally achieving death gets wrecked and more or less taken hostage
> A shame, really.
Fuck Achmea, holy shit, and fuck the moon gems too for not even being that worried and just switching topics to Candycorn being horny.

These recent chapters are doing a good job at making the characters piss me off.

Attached: 724152152152.png (415x380, 364K)

so they would only adapt... also that cairn is a narcissist and would possibly join up with aechmea is really fitting

brain fart, happens to the best of us
the gems don't understand the gravity of death and aechmea pressumably hasn't given up hope since this is entirely anticipated

Fuuck, that makes sense but it really would need its own translation note for us dekinaifags to understand and to read like
>I was listening to the "sailor etc" nursery rhyme

That is also a possibility, although Aechmea's barely hidden dissatisfaction in this chapter tells us that he really was betting on the Phos plan to work. Now that Phos is out of the table and it's confirmed that Sensei cannot pray his plan is probably going to involve another way to recreate a real human.
Still, the lesson in reading the manga should be that humanity never really disappeared and "bringing it back" is a pointless task: humanity is literally what we've been looking at since chapter 1, only split in three.

Attached: WAKE ME UP.png (761x339, 239K)

> the gems don't understand the gravity of death

That doesn't mean they shouldn't be concerned with whatever the fuck the gems are doing to Phos back on earth.

Hell even Dia is uncaring as fuck even though she was willing to devote heaps of time to helping out 'phos' when she thought he had turned into a slug.

We don't even get a "Oh jeez that's a pretty bad situation, when/how are we going to go get him?" from any of them, they're all just pre-occupied with Candycorn smiling, Barbata is the one who had to say it in the end.

checked
also by now they have gone through enough to stop caring and ...
... they want some peace from all the drama

i believe HnK is an analogy on the secular, modern Japan and it's rich teeming history
nowadays not a lot of people really care about death and violence in the world, despite regularly hearing of it

i imagine it's similar for the gems

>literally nothing else has happened in 3 whole volumes.
Yeah, gem society changing overnight is nothing.

I mean Bortz turning even more dominatrix is worth reading the entire manga back to front again.

>mfw no buddhist mangaka gf (male) to hold in my islamist arms

>Euc with Ttttthighs
I never knew I needed this.
Any fanarts of Euccc out there?

>i believe HnK is an analogy on the secular, modern Japan and it's rich teeming history
interdasting, haven't seen that take before
tell us more user
we've already had a few crack 'philosophers' on here, your interpretation can't be awful (it sure beats discussing Enlightened Plato's Cave or confuscianist authoritarianism for the umpteenth time)

Another small thing now that we've ascertained that Ichikawa knows and referenced Shingon Buddhism as well is that this scene is probably meant to be read as a "real life" representation of a Shingon mandala.
The whole way the chapter is framed with the use of dark and light is interesting, but it's also interesting how Sensei's activation frees Phos from his six-folded cage (symbolic of samsara) and turns it into lotus petals, pouring everything with pure light (pure light is incidentally what the name Amitabha means), the disappearing background meaning we're introduced to a scene outside time and space.
Anyway the whole page can be read as a representation of a mandala, which is in standard iconography should look like Jizo-bosatsu standing on a throne founded on a lotus spreading its petals, with a chapiter of gems and gold (Phos), with a halo made of fire, holding up a flaming wheel (that could also stand on a lotus bud). I don't know if something exactly like what I described is out there, but that's the iconography here.

The moon is filled with the brim with temptations since it looks like the realm of desire. On earth the gems had none and their suffering could help better them, while on the moon they can fulfill every whimsical tendency of theirs since there's infinite time and no supervision. They do care a bit, but no one's willing to step up and say they'll do something about it -like Ame and Dia said when Benito wouldn't accompany Aleki on Earth.

Attached: B14.png (1114x1600, 226K)

A generic system would be your best bet. I would recommend Genesys because it's not too crunchy and focus more on narrative gameplay than tactical, grid-based combat and the non-combat stuff is also pretty good. There's Fate too but I don't know much about that system other than /tg/'s hatred for it.

Bort is getting pegged by Shinsha now, dom Bortz is gone with the hair.

After Oda Nobunaga unified Japan, Hideyoshi went out of his way to pacify it.
Books on weapons were banned, weapons were gathered and smelted to make bolts and nails for a Buddha statue that dwarfs the Statue of Liberty.

The Japanese society at this time was as peaceful as it ever had been. Art and culture flourished but technology stayed the same.

Europeans force the markets to open, and the Japanese do.
Suddenly there's guns and western laws in Japan.
It's the Meiji Restoration.

This is the lunarians expanding their arsenal, like compare the beginning of the manga where the lunarians had mere arrows compared to later where they've developed their military doctrines and eventually get to the point where they actually have fucking fragmentation grenades.

The Japanese (Gems) have to keep up.
However to keep up they need resources/diplomacy.
1. Japan adopts a western constitution.
2. Japan joins European wars.
Lieutenant-Colonel Kanji Ishikawa recognised the potential of developing Manchuria and Mongolia, and invades it without initiative. Initially the government isn't sure what to do, but later it joins them and withdraws from the League of Nations.

Phos goes to the moon to talk, she comes back and takes gems with her.

Warfare.
Japanese roll into China and commit genocide. Why? Genocide is easier at the time and they already are fighting the U.S.

So too was the rational consideration of BakerBoy to genocide the Admirabilis, a race considered animal.

After this Japan is pretty much occupied, after the catastrophic devastation of war, as we can see with Cinnabar, the bell is gone.

The Gems haven't surrendered yet but they certainly are subject to the Lunarians now, with their divine authority making way for democracy which could be considered an improvement except the gems are now soulless and criminal (the latest chapters of Phos in front of Sensei really reminded me of this yakuza/terrorist hideout) Cont.

There's bourgeouis nature and proletariat nature.
All the gems with their love armour have been raised in the world of the proletariat.

Cairngorm literally gets his vision replaced and turns into an apostate, who defies everything he used to be. He's a consumerist, a brat and utterly shameless.

He wears sneakers and is hyper sexualised but also infantilised. (see > infantilisation of women) typical of pornographic, American culture.

The lunarians are tired of living and have lost purpose in their post-industrialist society. (see > neetdom, hikkis and suicidal millennials/zoomers)

Sensei is powerless. Religion in this world only holds so much influence, until it becomes terroristic in nature, similarly to Phos' execution-without-trial. Sensei cannot intervene, even if he wanted to, the stakes are too high, and so are unknown unknowns.

Aechmea is the ruler of the sky and very calculating. Game theory and marketing.

Lunarians' products are infinitely better than that of gems but their labour is unrewarding and goes unnoticed with Aechmea having too many clothes too choose from. Everything is a shitty replica.

That is my take on HnK, from a historical/geopolitical standpoint.

Attached: tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

All of this is nice but it doesn't add up to your own chronology and remarks, not to mention that the earth gems are basically the same on every aspect except for Sensei's abdication.
Also change in the series is depicted as a good thing because everything used to be stale and stuck. You don't need to reject everything new to realize that materialism is bad.
"You can't go back to where you were so you'll just have to move forward" is Phos's main character trait.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c013 (v02) - p171 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 1.22M)

>wrecked to pieces
>inability to perceive a state of non-mobility
huh
LOL*

Attached: eat rabbit.jpg (904x670, 39K)

>You can't go back to where you were so you'll just have to move forward
that's the entire point of my argument

>the earth gems are basically the same on every aspect except for Sensei's abdication.
what???

How much chapters have they read?

Attached: 72e4a19e41c83755f0fc0a0c794a46bb.jpg (1080x1350, 162K)

Why are that Bort's badly shooped shades reflecting something else entirely?

What's the best parallel in the series?

Attached: 1532386741749.png (2006x1320, 1.65M)

Holy shit am I just stupid or did that just fly by me?

It's kinda easy to miss. I only noticed thanks to storytimeanon.

No matter how advanced the lunarians may appear compared to gems and slugs, they're still not the most advanced civilization in this story. They are the second most advanced civilization. The most advanced civilization is the humans, pre-cataclysm. Humans made Adamant and Adamant can do things that the Lunarians can't do. Therefore they were more advanced and this fucks over the lunarians, because they want a thing that they can't have. The entire story is about subverting Adamant to make him do what the lunarians want. The lunarians are forced to interact with the gems because Adamant interacts only with the gems.

The lunarians claim that praying will make them vanish but we only have their word for it. That is exactly what the characters explain at the start of this story. For all we know it could destroy the universe and they lie and pretend it will only kill him. Or perhaps it doesn't actually kill and it will turn the Lunarians into gods. It's really unclear what praying actually does, the lunarians are not trustworthy and Sensei is programmed to not tell it. But the fact lunarians have advanced technology really has no bearing on whether they are trustworthy. It's the entire point of this story that their technology is not enough to fulfill their desire so they need to make an ancient relic do what they want.

Attached: 1552602305808.png (1819x1355, 2.54M)

user....
I believe you.

That is our encyclopedia, newfriend.

Didn't notice it, as always. Sasuga Ichikawa.

Phos and Lapis really do look similar.

It's an interesting place to put the story in. The pacing has slowed a bit, mostly because there's a lot more characters actively involved in the plot rather than just Phos and a few others, and they've gotten quite a bit more development that will almost certainly play important roles in the story moving forward. Since I have no real idea how Phos can get out of the situation he's in, I guess it's also time for a big change in Phos' thinking and/or physical compostion, which are always some of the best parts of the series.

Attached: 71664780_p0.jpg (1200x1697, 742K)

I didn't notice the first few times but what is Melon holding in the last two panels? The last wood slab to cover Phos's shards? Did he decide to give him a little sunlight after all?

probably too dumb to realise she still has it in her hand

Hello my fellow gem geniuses, Compilanon here. Thanks for your contributions everyone, I answered every posts I'll use to make it easier for me, big spam in perspective.
Please be considerate and don't talk too much when I'm doing it. It's a joke, please keep making content.

Thanks again for your contribution, you can mention me any post I have forgotten or one you want to see added.

Attached: 1542145026444.jpg (1179x1250, 87K)

Thanks compi-desu
I will be reading your compilations

Wow, my post made it in a compilation.

Attached: 1508947208249.webm (728x720, 1.08M)

How can a rock have such fertile-looking hips?

Attached: 1548389839970.png (862x1329, 1.02M)

When is Craig going to stop being a slut and go rescue his One True Partner?

Should I give up hope?

Cumberbatch is in full dere-dere mode with el Joto Pedófile so don't expect him to do anything right. My hopes are that Euc or Yellow rescue Phos.

Attached: 1556322431006.jpg (1400x1050, 186K)

Get off of Gemnet Shinsha

Thanks for one new episode of The Passion of Phospholyte

This time I, anonymous, made it in the compilation

Attached: kumiko_58.png (618x623, 446K)

Adding these I totally passed by. Nice job user.

Is it just me or are the moon gems starting to look "cuter" compared to the earth gems still having the more androgynous faces

I think the faces are a little bit different from usual, but Ichikawa's not the most on model artist ever. If they're staying on the moon for a long time, their appearance will definitely change more drastically

Yeah I noticed too. It's the long pupils

>lemme compile meaningless text into an image to demonstrate that our worthless manga has depth!

Attached: 1465821737514.jpg (311x336, 23K)

user who requested the Alex lewd art here, just to say that the artist continued it and its delivering gloriously.

Attached: alex.png (370x165, 124K)

AAAAAAAA
I LOVE OPALINE
AAAAAAAAAAA

ooh, very nice

Attached: owo.png (137x133, 14K)

Man, Robin has really let himself go.

indeed

Attached: me irl.png (186x265, 88K)

Wait do they have boobs? Eww

Alex? No, not really. It does look like that in the crop I guess.

Thank God gems should only have delicious flat chests

Attached: DhD_64ZVAAA7X6u.png (800x1600, 449K)

Attached: DatcFYgVAAAi4Qe.png (800x1200, 492K)

Attached: Dc7Y8W7V0AA0E85.png (900x1200, 309K)

fucking ni-

i realised that melon have the pearl eye

I forgot to actually make the original point I wanted to make here since the point wasn't showing off irrelevant knowledge: I feel like the point of the pseudo-mandala iconography is communicating that the whole image is the representation of the Buddha, not just Sensei.
In the same way your usual Renaissance Crucifixion painting would have the three crosses, John, the soldiers, a centurion, the three Marys etc so that the whole scene makes up the crucifixion imagery and not just Jesus on the cross, the Buddha in that page is the WHOLE image, not just the guy who looks like one. Meaning that Phos has an integral role in "holding up" the Buddha and his role.

Also, another smaller thing about death-related numerology is the grouping of the 25 bodhisattva or Nijugo bosatsu who accompany Amida in his descent from the heavens (the Raigo imagery that the moonies imitate with their clouds) to the death bed of the faithful to lead him to the Pure land they inhabit. Given that icons of the 25 bodhisattva seem to be quite popular in historical Japan and their connection to the Amida's pure land or Gokuraku, it's not unlikely that the current number of the gems might be a reference to that. Which should also mean that the number of the gems could stay unchanged for the foreseeable future since the number of 25 has remained unchanged since chapter 37 and could have been planned for a while, as we've never uncovered who the 28th gem really is is it really doritos?.

Attached: Om ha-ha-ha vismaye svaha.png (1114x1600, 220K)

Im really starting to get tired of the gems on the moon being blind/retarded and the story not progressing meaningfully overall with no change in sight

Attached: 1531089009158.png (475x687, 210K)

This series for having such lewd, flat, delicious, and elegant bodies has very little hentai after it.

If what has happened recently doesn't count as progressing the story then pretty much nothing in the whole series does.

I like to think that Lapis lazuli would be an unapolegetic slut who wouldn't really cover unlike the prudish Euclase.

What makes you say so? I don't see any eyeball, just a tiny white thing.

Attached: Euc covering.png (1284x1262, 1.17M)

a bolivian Phos!

Yeah sorry, phos getting captured is progress but we have been listening to aechma bullshit for so long that i cant even count

Eternal reminder that Jade, unlike his partner Euc, is not a fighter and doesn't carry a sword with him, as can be seen here.

Attached: Jade no sheath.png (1986x1188, 1.24M)

based slutty-chan

h-how deep can go Houseki no kuni ?

the light colored area is the eye illuminating the box

Wow user, you gave me a hard time, adding something at the last minute, but I guess I managed to escape the disaster.

Here you go my favorite faggots.

Attached: The Path to Enlightenment_26_min.jpg (8321x2798, 2.94M)

a bald gem for (you)

Attached: 1556315220444.jpg (800x1066, 106K)

Wow, thanks!

Attached: HappyPhos.jpg (867x862, 86K)

It's not, because you can see the shadows from the strands of grass, meaning the light source must be from above.

>transparency
we hightech and modern now. Very sexy.

I really like the transparency and the general legibility, which has improved immensely since your first ones.
Still, there are probably too many one-line off-replies that deter from readability since they're too tiny while adding little of value also it's definitely my fault because I hate quoting myself or putting "1 of X" at the end of my posts but what I wrote down ITT had a reading order that's completely butchered here, sorry

Attached: [Erai-raws] Houseki no Kuni (TV) - 12 END [720p]_HD.mp4_snapshot_07.41.png (1280x720, 357K)

what was he doing on the bed?

Attached: 1544265632332.png (562x585, 230K)

I'm sorry user if I messed up the order, I tried to make it as readable as possible... Still I'm glad you liked the transparency. I'll try to do it better next time.

Attached: forgiven.png (704x695, 250K)

something like this

Attached: tumblr_pqsk2wgzyW1s7tpjd_540.png (472x810, 298K)

Huh, bad filename but the art's not half bad at representing the last page and its implications.

pomf =3

>if we feel like it
brutal

It's probably deliberate on Ichikawa's part -since the boxes look like urns as if they're entombing them, the piece of wood Melon holds makes it look like it's one of those wooden nametags in front of the headstone.

why does everyone ship Euc/Lapis when Euc and Lapis already have cute partners who they love and would never cheat on

Attached: D5UXOdyUUAEDY3N.jpg (768x1024, 96K)

good fucking work, you good friend!

read the compilations

Fuck Phos, I hope he stays buried for the rest of the manga

Euc vs NewLapis when?

Jade had some dialogue this chapter!

Shipfags are degenerate and will try to infer romantic/sexual relationships where they are none because they cannot comprehend the idea of friendship.

t. Bort

Sensei has good taste in body shape, and Phos is no exception.
I do agree though, goddamn Phos is one sexual-looking rock.

Yellow finally escaped the wheel of samsara

So what will Yellow do now?

She's meditated and realised a crucial thing - if she can't bring the Lunarians to Hell, she'll bring Hell to the Lunarians.

Attached: Event-Horizon-1997-scene-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

any/all, I'm not picky

Attached: gems.jpg (3663x942, 729K)

Nice.

Attached: Dvr3tbEXQAAOJNI.jpg (680x670, 35K)

She was with Ghost of curse.

Attached: lapi_ghostie2.jpg (1400x1900, 699K)

cancer

Attached: __chen_yagokoro_eirin_and_yakumo_ran_touhou_drawn_by_cloudytian__sample-b86d848ba775d5b1b11f7feab47f (850x935, 211K)

Now I feel bad for hate Euclase.

stop bumping this garbage

Bort. She's such a bad gem.

I like the fanmade antagonism between those two.

Attached: Dy42mnyUcAAjysi.png large.png (2048x1451, 1.42M)

well at least you recognize the error of your wars

Attached: euc.jpg (500x913, 48K)

Unlike shitsha.

Fuck you shinsha.

What happened to the bell?

Torn down during the raid I think.

why? she did everything wrong

sauce?

Eucposters admired her for being Hitler though. Now when they learned she is a gentle person and rather weak leader wouldn't they throw her under the bus?

I read a "bald" gem.

Attached: 1535558385598.jpg (808x851, 31K)

>Post diamonds.

Attached: DruoIGsU8AEsLrC.jpg (1000x1414, 189K)

Sensei was the true villain all along
>t. loonie moonie fuck then spoonie

Attached: senseipath.png (1114x1600, 547K)

Phos broke it.

Attached: D4wIkUJU4AAEE1m.jpg (1200x675, 121K)

what will Phos dream of while he's in pieces?

I don't think gems dream when in pieces, only when sleeping.

Attached: Dt7eokHWsAAosxy.jpg (632x900, 174K)

I LOVE PHOSPHOPHYLLITE

Attached: illust_74241849_20190423_041928.jpg (1668x1668, 649K)

Event Horizon

Imagine NOT absolutely hating Cringeshit’s guts at this point

Attached: 643B597C-4696-4C4F-B6F6-2D43523D170C.jpg (530x391, 37K)

No worse than most of the other gems at this point.

>drilling a gem on curry
Doesn't seem sanitary.

This moment seriously made the series for me. Not every girl is some ravening slutwhore living for dicks, not even every girl even gets sexual urges, but it's nice, every once in a while, when writers admit that girls are human beings.

That actually brings up a good point about the differences between these strange conservative prudes and the rest of the world. The rest of the world understands that sex is a human thing. The human body is equipped for sex - hell, it's built for sex. Sex is a human issue that everyone eventually has to confront. Eventually, everyone has to grow up.

These people have to confront that sometimes people just want to have sex with other people, or consider them sexy for fantasizing purposes. It's not like it's not a two-way street. I've had to confront the reality that a lot of the time a lot of people don't want to have sex with me. I'm not just going to go around demanding sex because I'm being "dehumanized" due to sex deprivation.

Of course, try and tell them that and they'll kick and scream about why it's a completely different thing.

Attached: Antarcticite.full.2211624.jpg (1181x1748, 1003K)

user what the fuck.

user, what are you trying to say?

>The start
Based and correct, something many people need to understand
>The second half
hol up, what are we discussing here? we either missed a sharp turn you took or I''m confused