ITT: anime people pretend to like

Attached: 2e80a88668c2ad65675633ff474120471496347726_full.jpg (640x960, 216K)

Attached: avant teen trash.jpg (3264x2680, 3.21M)

Don't like feeling like shit user?
Baby's first physiological anime.

Attached: holy Shit Anon.png (580x677, 128K)

MOB PSYCHO 100

Attached: 15565586757.png (410x428, 65K)

this is all going straight to my backlog

Disliking an anime explicitly for the sake of differentiating yourself makes you just as much of a poser faggot as pretending to like it for street cred

Make me

>Lupin III
>Deep
Just a knock-off James Bond.

Joke's on you, I pretend to hate it despite having never watched it.

And you don’t seem to understand...a shame you seemed an honest man

>karekano
i know this is bait and all but karekano is a fucking rom com

most of these are at least decent

Attached: 1556583059080.jpg (3264x2680, 3.26M)

t. 90% of Yea Forums

FUCKYOUMOTHERFUCKER

Wow so you made this a ritual ? That's how much effort you need to put in just to COPE ?

and you seem not to understand

After a long and, much to my chagrin, fruitless search to find a show that has even the slightest modicum of thought put into it, I've just watched this show, Serial Experiments Lain, for the first time. Where it stands the question becomes one to definitely coalesce, but the words aren't so simple to be spoken as such, simply expressed in a form to be delivered in the inquiry that is the core curiosity behind this show which lies in the details of the intricacies of the writing direction as seen in the narrative direction of the story and is encapsulated in its main character, the focus of the story around whom all events and occurrences in the story revolve as well as a figurehead for the central themes of the work and a way for the authors to develop the plot and flesh out the world, Serial Experiment Lain's esteemed protagonist Lain Iwakura, whose mind quite like the work as a whole tends to be an enigma at times though clearly very intelligent, further serving as a microcosm of everything in the show as shown by the parallel obsession of the character with technology, computers, and the internet to an ultimate point of having one's entire being become inseparable from these things much like the show itself is defined by its almost prescient look at technology and its intricate interweaving of electronics with society, which brings itself back down to the protagonist's struggle once more as she experiences difficulties navigating through the tangled web of social interactions at school but seems to have no hardships interacting through the world wide web, hinting at the main character's extremely anischerality which makes sense in the context of many of her reactions to the events that unfold in this story, making Serial Experiments Lain not just a Nostradamic look into the new role that technology has on society but also a pressing social commentary, and I tip my hat to the creators for getting such a powerfully clear message across so succinctly and concisely.

You're off by about 10%

Even if I didn't really enjoy it as a whole its hard not to love its vision and aesthetic. Its like a future where the 90s never ended

Attached: 1533907420006.gif (500x357, 1.42M)

>you don't seem to understand
I am sure that all lain haters are brainlets that lost the plot halfway through. If this is not the case, explain the plot for me without googling it OP.

Oh wait you can't HAHAHAHA

Lain's sister is hot, that dude is lucky.

Attached: 1466202590827.png (1432x1076, 1.14M)

Only 80% you think? Awfully optimistic, user.

I got my degree in English, but okay.

Whoever made this chart seems to be projecting hard

haha tl;dr jk i did read it, i agree

guaranteedreplies.jpg

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA OP DESTROYED UNDERAGE RETARDS

Hey I like ghost in the shell you fucking faggot

Attached: FBBADC36-8F05-4778-AACD-876389AAB990.jpg (1024x609, 80K)

LAIN MORE LIKE LAME LOL
#WRECKED

Attached: 497.png (540x300, 64K)

>all these unironic newfag posts
this shit been posted since forever faggots fuck off

I thought I was going to watch an absolute Masterpiece when I started lain

Attached: LainScared.png (873x768, 407K)

Post your top 5.

It's actually right about Fooly cooly

naruto season 1

naruto season 2

naruto season 3

naruto season 4

naruto season 5

Are you actually fucking retarded?

>pretending to like
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard for a while, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean people that like it are pretending you faggot

nobody likes an elitist weeaboo

Remember newfags, whone somebody calls an anime pretentious, what they really mean is they are too stupid to understand it and you should probably put it on your backlog.

Someone can explain me what is the "Ninth Annex of the Reviving Hell" in the last ep of texhnolyze

>normalfag narutard
opinions discarded

Jack yourself harder, pseudointellectual

It's been a long time since I watched it.
My theory is that it's just some kind of figure of speech to show how terrible Lux has become.

He's saying Lux is the 9th circle of Hell. The 9th circle is where people who committed treachery or betrayal are sent, it's a massive lake of ice littered with the frozen half-submerged bodies of sinners. The Shapes in Texhnolyze betrayed Lux and are now rooted in place, so it's a pretty apt description.

Attached: Gustave_Dore_Inferno32.jpg (996x800, 356K)

I'm sorry, but some people are genuinely too stupid to get anything of value from watching lain. I know it makes you a big salty sour-grapes faggot, but it's true. you're too fucking stupid to watch it because it's challenging and it expects you to be paying attention and asking questions, not staring slack-jawed waiting for whatever the fuck your idea of a good series is.

can someone expLain how the hell is everyone alive in the last episode

Best answer I can give is that they probably weren't dead to begin with, and it was just the effect of the wired on everyone's perception, which got undone when Lain reset it.
Alternatively, they could be copies saved before they died, like Chisa in the first episode

chisa was copied?

Noooo, that's not me

Attached: 3x3.png (1152x1096, 2.07M)

Yes, that's why she killed herself, so her copy could live as her in the wired as she doesn't see any distinction between the "her"s.

I could be completely wrong on this, I've only seen the show once and still don't understand a lot of the show but my interpretation is that towards the end of the show the Wired was almost completely integrated with the Real so when Lain became the God of the Wired and reset everything it also reset reality.

oh ok you mean like a virtual copy
but still, everyone has their bodies in the end, including chisa and the guy who shot himself in the face
unless this guy is right and it was all in the Wired

a big point of the show is that the wired is affecting everyone's perception of the world since the senses are just a form of data, so it doesn't need to take place in the wired for people to "see" them walking around.

I hate this taste but it feels sincere

Couldn't Lain eventually shift part of reality due to the power of perception as well?

it's not that lain is shit but it simply not your cup of tea
watch more anime that are similar to lain that doesn't spoonfeed you with a bunch of expositions to unpleb yourself in case lain was your first avant-garde-3deep5u-tier bullshit anime you ever watched

I am falling,i am fading,i am drowning

t. moenigger

People don't like Lain? I really don't see how that's possible, it has such a heavy layer of atmosphere. The story is a bit lacking to put it mildly, but the visuals and the soundtrack really are good and compelling. It's spooky, surreal, and comfy all at once, a real treasure of the genre. I mean, you can say it's pretentious or meaningless, but the actual experience of watching Lain is without a doubt more engaging than 90% of the anime you generally consume.

Attached: just another day.webm (1012x720, 1.98M)

>People don't like Lain?
Retarded hipsters don’t like Lain.

Thanks for the recommendations, nigger.

If you haven't seen all of these yet you shouldn't even be posting here.

The anime that people do pretend to like are seasonal series that get shilled hard by anime youtubers or reddit and end up being garbage but no one admits it.

Every anime is seasonal, retard.

It's a good anime to watch if you have insomnia, will make you fall asleep

Attached: LainSmile.png (860x768, 423K)

Seasonal in the sense that nobody picks them up years later after they've aired and they're only consumed as background white noise.

i didnt get the story i just continued watching because of her sick ass battle station. Ireally hate the sexualized lain on the outro.

What's the one left of the memories frame?

She's kind of thick

Attached: LainToting.png (225x405, 102K)

You can just go outside and stare at powerlines for few minutes then put lain in your completed series list.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I really like LOGH, but so many people sure do like to pretend to like it. and Ping Pong is just entertaining and Crayon Shinchan is childhood morning weekend cartoon.

I don't know, I haven't seen it.

This is the kind of post made by insecure people who are like "People don't like good anime. PLEASE love my sword art online please"
Literally everything there is great in its own way but newfags I guess. Anime is dead

can we start making good threads and not "lul u are not intelligent enough to like this you just pretend to like it" let people enjoy things user

This bleeds being made by someone who was told their favorite anime is garbage and out of pain went on a search for almost all the few actually good anime out there. At least they knew they had trash taste. Great picks

>the few actually good anime out there

Attached: reddit-alien.jpg (1024x1424, 95K)

Yet people wonder why the most popular anime nowadays are isekai harems and shows like my hero academia

I'm sorry Re:Zero is a masterpiece if it makes you feel better user

Normalfags invaded Yea Forums. They think everyone loves Naruto

>I don't like an anime you like
>You must only be pretending to like it!
Next you'll say you were only pretending to be retarded.

Imagine liking Lain and LoGH over NARUTO.
WHAT MADNESS. I don't understand that so clearly you're pretending.
-the thread

Embracing philistinism doesn't make you cool or counterculture you dumb newfag.

Lain wrote herself out of reality so the story never happens.

Just because you dislike doesn't mean everyone that like it is pretending to like it

>struggling in english class
is that meant for americucks? euroucks? just plain ol brainlets? who struggles in english?

Attached: 1319834217759.jpg (255x241, 18K)

I thought Yea Forums mods deleted trash bait threads like these. Oh well

>turn a
>patlabor
>flcl
>akira
>utena
>shin-chan
nice bait,bitch

she wrote herself out of reality using a computer?

>nge
>logh
let's all appreciate that these are actually god tier though

People think that a show has to have amazing writing to be good but fail to appreciate compelling imagery or atmosphere.

Classic universally appreciated and still discussed today anime bad, show from this season that will be forgotten within a year good.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everybody hates it. Let me guess you didn't understand Lain, did you?

Attached: resized_JPEG_1549437668700_647372565746494589.jpg (625x790, 54K)

why are you like this

In 2019?

Nope!

>Ireally hate the sexualized lain on the outro.

Attached: 03DE5089-8CB2-458F-96CC-2336021F28C3.jpg (1000x1000, 154K)

YOU THINK YOU LIKE MOB PSYCHO BUT REALLY YOU DON'T, YOU JUST WANTED TO FIT IN ON Yea Forums

Attached: 15546982987.jpg (520x442, 65K)

Imagine how much your life must suck if you can't into ABe and his friends.
I get that there a lot of people who just like it because someone recommended it to them but it still gets me mad sometimes.
I really don't want to be around Yea Forums when they finally announce THAT anime.

Attached: vel_05.png (665x914, 1.51M)

Oh, look, the DBZ fan thinks it's people.

You could've just said yes

Attached: 15564997774.jpg (274x309, 31K)

>there are people on this born who still haven't watched Serial Experiments Lain

Attached: present year.png (2261x2261, 2.73M)

I just hope it releases at the same time as some big shounen to distract all the shitposters, I'll be really sad if the threads are unsalvageable.

Then again I don't think that many people will pay attention to it as long as there are no spergs constantly making shitposting threads. Either way I'll be the happiest user alive because I have been fucking waiting.

Fucking based

I'm not the only one who usually hopes this happens huh lol

does lain suffer from clannad syndrome where you won't really get why or how shit happened without playing the game? I might try to find an english patch of it if thats the case

Didn't one of the directors or something die?

Why are Cobra and Shin-chan there?

Do they look like Sword art online or My hero academia to you?

>all these angry replies by prententious college dropouts
Based

Lain is an excellent anime, you're just a fucking brainlet who's not familiar with Philosophy.
It's literally 2deep4u. Yea Forumsfags love Lain.
Even if you're not familiar with philosophy and didn't understand the anime, you should at least appreciate it for its art and atmosphere.

Stay pleb.

Attached: 1457994931324.gif (500x357, 1.78M)

Very good taste actually.

What's wrong with DBZ?

This shitty time flop.

Attached: Yorishit.jpg (640x960, 253K)

its so boring i feel like i'm watching blade runner

Why though?

>time flop

Stop this meme and argue your opinion

>bad animation
>extremely unattractive character designs
>3DPD-tier character personalities
>infinite amounts of forced drama
>mood whiplashes
>unfunny comedy
>bad direction that pretends to be good but fails
>NGNL poster placement (we also made this show, you guys; please buy this anime)
>appalling sound design
>miraculously working laptop
>not even enjoyable to watch
>insert songs
>the "haircut" trope to mask Jukki Hackada's inability to write
>leaving the money in Antarctica because "sentimental value"
Yorimoi is a melodrama overrated by e-celebs. Its attempts at serious storytelling and directing come off as forced. It fails to narrate Shirase's growth properly, relying on the classic "haircut" trope taken straight from Nisio Isin, because the writer (Jukki Hanada) had to find a way to develop a character despite his lack of talent. I feel that series is an insult to the industry, as it's a completely manufactured product, akin to Bollywood movies. It's full of mood whiplashes and it fails to maintain a tone for more than 5 minutes. I despise that series.

Attached: Forced Drama.jpg (3840x4320, 1.07M)

lain is enjoyable, but you have to go with the flow. if you have ADHD you'll hate it.

If by most you mean 4 or 5