why did it all go so wrong?

Attached: akemi15.gif (500x281, 896K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8CTeLy3Ujxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go to bed Sayaka.

kyoko pls

Homura did everything wrong

When you do something out of love it is above wrong or right.
At least Nietzsche said so

But everything went right

Attached: image.jpg (720x720, 50K)

Because reality was turned into a gilded cage for the forced happiness of one person at the potential expense of the entire Meguca system and instability of the world.

Which would be fine if we got another sequel. But we don't got another sequel.

She did it for Madoka, so it’s alright.

Mami's death.

Homura did everything right.

Attached: AiYoLever.png (506x267, 75K)

That’s funny.

Ai yo.

dead meme

You just don't understand Rebellion.
Not your fault either, some people are not worthy, that's all.

Attached: AndYouDon'tSeemToUnderstand.jpg (1920x1080, 565K)

It's not a meme. It's just the simple truth.

Attached: ai_yo.png (500x500, 143K)

Magia record is coming out this season user.

Shaft:
youtu.be/8CTeLy3Ujxc

they ruined a perfect ending to milk madoka and now nothing will be the same

Attached: 1541304743978.gif (400x225, 1.73M)

Isn't that just a gacha styled spin-off?

>people actually believing that Homura loved Madoka
Brainlets.
Rewatch the movie.

Rebellion has the perfect ending.
Nothing in anime made as much sense and followed it's theme better than Rebellion

she wanted to have madoka only for her, not love her

Closer but still not correct.

Homura did everything right.

The very fact that you thought Madoka ended perfectly shows how little you understood it.

>killing character development is a good ending
everything about rebellion was shit, that film gave us nothing good

Attached: 1542272345774.gif (400x225, 2.04M)

Whose? Homuras character would have regressed not progressed if the anime was the ending.
I agree that Sayaka was butchered though, and Kyoko was a bad character to begin with.

>Homuras character would have regressed not progressed if the anime was the ending
she accepted her death and Madoka's world, regressing would be being a possesive bitch like Homura was during the anime, aka what the film did

It was QB who did nothing wrong

How was she a possessive bitch?
It's not like she created the fake world to lock Madoka in it, she decided during the Movie that she would do it, after the flower field scene where she said she knows what to do, and with good reason. Moreover the scene where she turns into a witch clearly shows her emotional progression from start to finish, it's more of a loop than a straight line.
It also made sense because of how often Homura reiterated in the anime and the movie that she only fights for her wish, not even for Madoka, without wanting to sound deep it also works in the thematic way as both a repetition as well as following Nietzsches
>desiring is more alluring than the desired (das Wollen ist verlockender als das Gewollte)

So yes Homura is very selfish, but that is not a bad thing.

I could write a lot more but I don't want it to fall on deaf ears and feel like a retard.

>Homura fight and endless time loop trying to save Madoka
>Let her accept her dead and move on
>Nope, lets just go back to save Madoka
Congratulations for missing the whole plot of the anime

Attached: 1527100868078.gif (500x258, 497K)

She did not accept her death though.
Why would you think that?

watch the anime again

I have you retard.
Homura never had a choice. She "accepted" that she lost in the end because there was nothing else she could do.

The moment she finally saved Madoka. Yes, even from herself, if necessary. Perfect ending, to a perfect movie. The best I've ever saw. I've lost count how many times I've rewatched it..

Attached: cap_[Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Part_III_-_Rebellion_[BD][h264-1080p_FLAC][45D40AAC]_01_35_47 (1920x1080, 198K)

Same, as a matter of fact it's almost time for another rewatch

good idea

Attached: cap_[Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Part_III_-_Rebellion_[BD][h264-1080p_FLAC][45D40AAC]_01_35_21 (1920x1080, 273K)

Madoka being trapped in that dimension for all eternity with nobody remembering about her was perfect tragic ending, and they ruined it. Something even worse than death itself.

Shaft completely ruined Madoka, fuck Rebellion fuck gacha fuck everything.

Attached: 1351543165331.jpg (475x354, 12K)

Needs Sayaka's horsecock shoved all the way up her ass.

Sayaka will save Homura from herself

That's not the sequel to Rebellion, you stupid retard.

>Literally just finished the show like an hour ago
>Hear about this movie soon after
>End up spoiling the entire thing trying to figure out if it's a cash grab or worth watching
Welp

Attached: JPEG_20190423_213721.jpg (651x655, 49K)

Was this rape?

Homura a shit

emotionally damaged teenagers

Nobody even knows what the fuck is happening on their first watch anyway, it's still worth seeing

you just fucked yourself, but its still has some damn good scenes so watch it anyway

Homura did nothing wrong

Yes

Attached: Homurape.png (629x736, 752K)

Kyubey.

Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Homura

I was spoiled on both show and movie and still thought they were masterpieces after watching.

Things Homura did right (In Rebellion)
>Freed Madoka from her non-existence
>Subjugated the Kyubeys so they don't fuck up again
>The only one willing to escape her own Labyrinth
>Revived Nagisa (Which probably leads to Mami not offing herself in the future) and Sayaka
Things Homura did wrong
>Got them all trapped in the mess in the first place by telling Kyubey about witches
>Coddles Madoka
>Defied both of Madoka's wishes (Anime and Mercy Kill)
>Died
>Fucks with the other Meguca

>Coddles Madoka
What else should she do? Lock her up in a basement and beat her?

>beating Madoka then wiping her memory of it each time
This pleases my dick

>This pleases my dick
Homura's too probably. She must have quite a bit of pent up aggression towards Madoka from hundreds of failed timelines.

Lack of foreshadowing.

Watch it anyways.
It even better on rewatches since you know what the fuck you should be paying attention to.

Homo lust.

Homura has so much plot power she can pretty much do whatever she wants to others and no one could stop her.

>Defied both of Madoka's wishes
That's not an issue unless Madoka's wishes were to be a martyr
>Fucks with the other Meguca
No they fucked with her.

This shit was pretty much foreshadowed from the middle of the series.

Attached: 1415012801576small.jpg (1728x4743, 2.03M)

That's kinda hot. One can only imagine the things she'd do to Madoka if she had less self-restraint and looser morals.

>the scene in the OP where they're practically staring each other down

Attached: 5388143035bc5ad7e2a4b3a541992d30.jpg (913x692, 260K)

Forgive me if this sounds bad, but what I took from this is Homura cannot live in a world where Madoka is not with her and yet had an underlying hatred of Madoka unknowingly going against her wishes. And the whole 100x times of looping exponentially fucks up Homura's mental state. What I don't know is what anyone can do in a universe beyond their control. Would a sequel movie explore Madoka now and we repeat the ending of Rebellion, or a major clash between the Devil and the Savior?

>clash between the Devil and the Savior
Though the symbolism is clear that Madoka is God, and that by rebelling against God Homura would be the Devil, Homura hasn't really done anything evil, especially since both Madoka and Homura want to save others, but it just happens that their views on saving differ.

Madoka is more accepting of the way things are. Notice she didn't stop the Incubators, she just changed how they worked. She also didn't attempt to prevent Sayaka from dying from her own actions. For Madoka, her work was to make some slight chances in the system, which allowed the MS have more dignity in death (they went to the Law of Cycles instead of becoming witches). On the other hand, Homura preferred a method in which she was more in control of things and made the Incubators her bitches.

>Homura cannot live in a world where Madoka is not with her
not quite
>had an underlying hatred of Madoka unknowingly going against her wishes
not at all
>And the whole 100x times of looping exponentially fucks up Homura's mental state
Most definitely

Homura cannot live in a world where she believes Madoka is suffering.
The point is that at the end of rebellion Homura could have left with Madoka and enjoyed perpetual magical girl yuri haven with her.
The problem is that Homura convinced herself that it was not what Madoka actually wanted and being erased from existence and transformed into a god was causing Madoka to suffer.
Homura stepped in and saved Madoka from her own decisions that Homura thought were force upon Madoka.
In a way Homura is like an overprotective parent shielding Madoka from harm at potentially the cost of growth.
The nature of this relationship was already introduced and reversed in the original series, told visually with the red ribbon.
Rebellion reversed it again back to what it was at the start.

As to where the series can go from here it's pretty obvious that it would have to be Homura accepting the choices Madoka made and allowing her to suffer because of them.
The conflict would have to be primarily between Homura and herself where she has to accept something which at this point to her is completely unacceptable.

Attached: riddon.png (750x2067, 1.88M)

I think people tend to forget Homura's actions are heavily based on Madoka's. She became a Magical Girl for Madoka. She then tried to prevent Madoka from becoming a MG because Madoka herself asked that from her. Then she became a "Devil" because Madoka told her she would be very sad if she would have to part with everyone.

Saying that Homura has to accept Madoka's choices is just not understanding Homura's story. Homura's life is pretty much defined by her desire to protect Madoka, just as much as Madoka is definite by trying to sacrifice herself for everyone else. That's basically who she is.
Notice that the TV series ended with Homura being unable to do anything to prevent Madoka's final wish, and then she just accepted the inevitable and tried to make the best out of it, but still all for Madoka. In the movie she was given the chance to undo that, and she did. In fact, that was the whole "AI YO" thing. That was all about Homura embracing all of her emotions, and that's how she was able to turn the corrupted SG into fuel for her. It was all about reasserting her goals.

If anything comes after this, (and it's been around 6 years since Rebellion), then it should really be about both of them reaching a compromise.

Yes Homura is defined by her desire to protect Madoka.
In this Rebellion is clearly consistent with the rest of the series and people who cry retcon or character devolution are just wrong.
However I think it's clear that Homura's desire to protect Madoka at all costs is shown to be fundamentally wrong.
So yes I do understand Homura's story and why she can't accept the end of the series which causes Rebellion.
I think you are right in that there will have to be some sort of compromise but the point is that Homura won't accept a compromise at this point in the story.
There will have to be development for her to reach that point and that is what I mean by "Homura accepting the choices Madoka made".

Madoka is retarded, she needs Homura to protect her.

>However I think it's clear that Homura's desire to protect Madoka at all costs is shown to be fundamentally wrong.
Not really. Homura was never wrong in trying to protect Madoka. The problem with Homura was that she never managed to do anything that could defeat Walpurgisnacht.

Also, consider that she even tried protecting all of her friends at first, but Mami and Sayaka were rather unstable and making things harder for her, and thus , coupled with that fact that after several loops she still had no idea how to defeat Walpurgisnacht, she just decided to focus on Madoka, since she was always her priority.
However, in Rebellion, during her dream, you could see she also wished for Mami to get something akin to family, and for Sayaka and Kyouko to be happy, showing that despite everything, she still wanted a happy ending for everyone.

As for what Homura did to the world, we don't know yet. We know the LoC is still there, but we don't know if it works. The world looks odd, but we have no idea how any of this affects people. All we know is that the girls were given happier lives and that the only one being miserable is Homura.

user the problem is not in "protecting Madoka" but in "at all costs" because one of the costs is Madoka's growth as a person.

The issue is that Homura doesn't see Madoka's choice at the end of the series as her growing up as a person, but her having to sacrifice herself because she had no other choice.

Yes and I don't think that is fully accurate.
It's clear that being in charge of the cycles is quite a burden one way or another and at the end of rebellion Homura is shouldering all of it.
If your stance is that the ending of the series is fine with Madoka shouldering all of the burden then the ending of rebellion is likewise fine with Homura doing it.
However if your stance is that it's wrong for Madoka to do it alone then likewise it's wrong for Homura as well.

Therefore the proper conclusion is one where they accept each other's help as well as suffering and share the burden together.