Scanlation Thread

What do you think of scanlators who beg for money?
Do you actually give them money?
I hope you don't actually do this shit.

Attached: beggar.jpg (800x320, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/29236/adamasu-no-majotachi
mangadex.org/user/61949/steamedbuninvasion
horriblesubs.info/category/scans/
mangadex.org/user/289127/random_teki
zipraw.com/manga-34767.html
nyaa.si/view/907862
drive.google.com/file/d/19DIOLr1V5ChZ0Q-42zpboSPBrPtxz9C2/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do, I want to support the imdustry.

I'm pretty sure that group gets free raws from daz, so this is hilarious.

If a scanlator asks for money then his scanlation better be worth the money
In most cases it isn't so no cigar

It's really pathetic

Attached: lmao.jpg (890x409, 99K)

>Scans are better then official translations
>We need money
>Fuck you losers

Why can't Yea Forums just admit they are just worthless human beings who want the anime/manga industry to be starving slaves who work for their enjoyment

Scanlators are inherently starving slaves who work for their enjoyment.

I don't donate to them but I bear no ill will to those who ask for money or those who give it to them because I'd rather some other faggot lose their money than not having a translation.

>"support the industry"
>scanlator can't even pony up the $6 himself
>Has to resort to digiscam rips from some other person
Good times, what a cute racket.

The funny part is that the ones what put three extra pages of begging for money at the start of a chapter are usually also the biggest shitters.

>What do you think of scanlators who beg for money?

Depends, are they pay walling their shit and being absolutely pedantic? Fuck them, if not they can do whatever they can. Money serves as an incentive and if that keeps the guys doing a nice job out of it, go ahead, I'm all for supporting scanlators, not I would ever give them money though.

They aren't part of the manga industry. The guy who pirates the newest Microsoft console isn't considered part of the gaming industry.

No, they can fuck off.

>pirates the newest Microsoft console
Like with a ship? It's the only way I can think of to pirate a physical console.

I'd pay certain translators to pick things up but mostly they just want no strings donations.

they're better than that guy with the dying mother

You should give away your money.

Attached: e1.png (984x1400, 892K)

Just buy and translate manga yourself if you're just gonna complain.

I'll only give away my money to my cute findom mistress.

t. beggar scanlator

Yeah, I want it with limits.

Translate 1 volume of the manga in one month, if not, they return the money. Clearly defined goals for success and clearly defined punishment for not meeting the goals.

Wait, I can monetize having learned Jap? Where do I sign?

>user still hasn't started learning Japanese

how am I supposed to type those moonrunes into Google if I can't copy paste

That's because anyone who is in it for the money and even marginally capable will go official. People who don't care about the money and do it as a hobby don't need to beg because they have other, better-paying jobs and know that the cost of raws is marginal.

>Yea Forums hates giving any money to read manga, or watch anime

mfw user decides official release is the best because the current 3 chapters are free.

Attached: smiley-laughing-to-tears.png (400x400, 16K)

The only scanlators that deserve any money are the hentai scanlators that do niche hentai that should never see the light of day. Not to be confused with shitty fakku scanlators.

I'm actually learning japanese to translate for money. I'm wondering how i should go about it, mainly scared of being hit by copyright issues, but i assume if i just do a txt translation while being given the raw, it shouldn't raise any issue.

Attached: beware.png (1637x1088, 1.31M)

Those moonrunes are the the title of the manga. And if you're too incompetent to even find the Japanese title, you're probably to incompetent to buy it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

We should buy caps and shirts that are illegally taken from the manga instead.

Any number of companies will pay you good money to use your foreign language skills. The catch is that you have to actually know Japanese, something that isn't true of begger scanlation.

アダマスの魔女たち
you're welcome

Considering most of the actual scans look like literal garbage ... no

>Donations
>Begging for money.
You do know it's not mandatory to give them money. I'd actually give them some spare change if they do a good job.

easiest way is to probably translate niche hentai. if you can tolerate incredibly niche hentai then I'm sure there's someone desperate enough for it to pay you.

People that do niche anything are valuable, even if it's not a niche I care about

>it ain't cheap
Yes it is, most magazines are printed on shittiest paper possible and cost pennies unless you're underage buying few of them every week/month shouldn't be an issue unless you live in Venezuela.

#snipinggotoubun

Hey there, dropout!

Who the fuck is daz?

I think its okay to have a donation page or something, but pushing it into the readers face is kinda bad and scummy.

I think I'm on my last leg of scanning stuff. After these anthologies and Eko Eko Azarak I think I'm done. It was a fun but exhausting road.

Attached: let go.jpg (395x395, 13K)

It ain't cheap if you buy the magazine just to read THAT 1 manga. 600 Yen for 1 chapter is overkill.

KireiCake?

Import fees don't care how cheap your paper is.

Hacker from d*scord that can get any raws for free. I don't know if he's the same guy as the ripper user (ahi) or not. He's been missing for months.

Either pay for the manga or pay the scanlators who pay for the manga. Everything in life isn’t free.

I know it's called "scanlation" but not many people actually scan things themselves now.

Better than buying a shirt with autistic tomo crap for $30.

>import
Of fucking course there's always that 1 idiot that doesn't even know that digital books exist.

He's limited to Kindle and to certain publishers that he got the login for.

Fuck how did I not know this? How do I contact him?

>hacking amazon
what? it's possible?

Yeah that retard.
He's fucked up on numerous occasions so we know he doesn't have any such obligations. He's just a NEET who streams himself playing video games most of the day. He even had the balls to add an extra page with a screenshot of all the views his uploads get on Mangadex, saying that if everyone who read his shit just donated $1, he'd be set.

>scanning stuff
What've you scanned?

ripper user is currently dead.
and I don't know about the d*scord guy. I'm not part of the scanlators clique.

mangadex.org/title/29236/adamasu-no-majotachi

>expecting people to provide a service for free
>bitching when the one providing said service asks for compensation
Kys you bernout poorfag

Chapter 3 never ever

Attached: handred.jpg (716x1026, 367K)

>I want Japanese manga in English
>I want it fast
>I want it as high quality as possible
>I want it free
Frankly, scanlation readers disgust me. Do you even realize how much time, skill and effort goes into scanlating? Of course you don't.

Attached: Magetsukan Kitan v4ch37.jpg (728x1075, 157K)

>Why not do it yourselves?

I think that's from Duke something something manga.
I only remember the parody from this manga

Attached: u1.png (1150x1900, 1005K)

Scanlation is very easy if you're actually competent.

Not sure why the 'free' part would be of any importance, if you spend a lot of time scanlating something, you can also shell out the bucks to buy it on Amazon.
I sure would like to get better quality from sites like Comic Walker though, shit’s even worse than Pixiv.

Wrong.

I would rather be that then to worship the orange God like you freaks.

pay for them both. What are you? Poor?

Attached: 058586.jpg (225x225, 9K)

a fucking disgusting creatures than jews
EXCEPT that one translating komi-san

>but how can get scanlations
GET RAWS

>but raws are low resolution
waifu2x just werks

>do thing you've never done before and have no skill for
>wtf why is it so hard

Isn't this manga garbage? I guess junk food will always be the most popular.

>Why can't Yea Forums just admit they are just worthless human beings who want the anime/manga industry to be starving slaves who work for their enjoyment
are you saying "Yea Forums is worthless" or "scanlators are worthless" i agree with both

I just want to say to all of you scanlators to PLEASE don't upscale the images.
If you only have shit quality raws, then don't make it even shittier by upscaling them from like 1200 pixel to 1900 pixel. There's no point.

Thanks.

>Can't read the language you're translating from
>Use Google translate
>Guess what it's supposed to say based on what Google spits out
What kind of person can sit there and do this and think to themselves "Yeah this is acceptable"?

Now if only digital books weren't garbage quality.

Fucking this. Specially if it's $10 and you only get 8 pages of filler crap.

>. I don't know if he's the same guy as the ripper user (ahi) or not. He's been missing for months.

He's not, and you can contact ripper user on his email address.

You can be both a Trump supporter and a pirate.

Since everyone is talking about scanlation in here: What's the point of redraws? It feels like a waste or ego flexing most of the time. I'd rather see panels how the artist has drawn them rather than how some random on the internet learning photoshop wants to draw them. If anything I'd rather everything was translated in a system similar to danbooru where the translation just hovers over the original image.

average N4 translator.

Why would I give the scanlator money when I can just buy the official ebooks myself? In about two years I'll be able to read them without relying on scanlators too.

>buy magazine for $10
>your favorite manga is on break
Hehe

To satisfy perfectionist scanlators's ego because it looks good. That's it.

No it's not, it takes a lot of time and effort if you want it done right.

Not everything gets picked up, user.

Rarely have I see so much dumb in one post.

You are incompetent.

>He's fucked up on numerous occasions so we know he doesn't have any such obligations.

Source? I would like a few laughs.

Tfw threads on Yea Forums keep asking for more chapters but the cleaners and typesetters do jack and my tls sit in the bin
Is it time to join another group

Google translated is better than no translate.

Just put in big letters, THIS IS A MACHINE TRANSLATION and don't pretend you shit it out with your experience and knowledge.

>1/3
>buy
there's a theory among e-celebs and e-thots that you can get ONE PERCENT of your audience to buy something if you sell or shill it. ONE PERCENT. this moron will never get those numbers.

how many people watching an anime series do you think ends up buying it?

Because people will notice you MTLed it or just simply guesslating. Scanlators are fucking idiots, they mock each others works.

I'm not in favor of upscaling, but conisder this:

If you put out your translation out in something like 900px, chances are people are going to zoom in to read it anyway, so you might as well let them "zoom in" using a decent algorithm rather than whatever interpolation browsers use.

>waifu2x
Disgusting.

Attached: screenshot Sun 28 Apr 2019 08.59.05 PM CEST.jpg (733x479, 99K)

it was a joke retard

>join
If you're a translator, either go solo or get a photoshop slave from Yea Forums

>Assuming i'm a trumpfag because I'm not a lowlife poor degenerate like you
oof

He hasn't said anything wrong.

Or right.

1/3 was taken from the original Kireicake's credit page

Attached: n2.jpg (1150x1900, 484K)

>waifu2x
>ever
I hope all subhumans who use it for manga die from cancer.

It has a very nice denoise function though.

Works great for removing .jpg artefacts, though.

Fucking nips, who uses .jpg for something like manga anyway.

Please be ironic, I find it hard to believe there are people here who like that crap.

Just snipe it if you can do better.

>the original is 900px, so let me upscale it to 1900px so everyone can read it easily without zooming in themselves!
It's retarded.

Attached: plsbuyourshirts.jpg (436x613, 54K)

Post your scanlations.

fucking kek is this for real?

It takes me about 3 hours to translate and edit 25 pages.
Donate to my patreon.

Attached: 1555725435596.jpg (2580x1440, 643K)

How hard is it to find a translator for a series you want if you're a cleaner/typesetter Yea Forums? How much more demand is there for translators than typesetters?

Attached: 1499425709212.png (207x210, 11K)

Well, yeah, except maybe up to like 1600px, because past that point you're just blowing up the file size for no good reason.

Post your work.

*7 years

And just the basics with little furigana to help.

Would it be okay if I beg for money for the author by telling people to buy the author's works?

Attached: 1516401712528.png (522x364, 237K)

I don't want to get doxxed though.

Attached: 1534350292726.jpg (1280x720, 359K)

It depends on how connected you are. In the groups I worked with, we always had more translators than typesetters. To be honest, if you compare a good translator and typesetter, then translating is the easier task of the two and less time consuming. I worked in groups full of professional translators and letterers. The translators could bust out great scripts in about 1/4 the time it took for the letterer to typeset.

mangadex.org/user/61949/steamedbuninvasion
Each chapter was done solo in less than a day.

Attached: 1525280147397.jpg (1000x720, 104K)

user I think you may have some sort of learning disability

Why does Yea Forums not hate Hachimitsu Scans?

It would be okay if you don't allow people to look at the scans until they send you pictures proving they bought a copy. It needs to be a 12mp photo.

It’s useful to make reading the kanji a bit less of a pain, but that’s about it.

What are your thoughts on Shurim getting so butt hurt that he dropped a 1k/month "hobby" just because an Yea Forumsnon sniped him?

As an editor you don't usually have a lot of series-picking power, I'd say just try to get someone interested, either by contacting someone who might be into it, or posting about it on Yea Forums until someone bites.

Very hard. Translator is the core of scanlation. He has to be the one that's passionate about the project, not some shitty typesetter like you.

Cause we're idiots. Or the guy who started this thread is butthurt or hates that particular group. Either way, it's autistic as fuck.

Who the fuck is shurim?

Nigga, I don't even give the IRS money. The fuck you on about?

>can't translate
>can't typeset
>dialogue light manga easy for editing
>doesn't have to scan
>doesn't redraw
>"less than a day" (24 hours)
And yet you still put out shit like this

Attached: uh huh.png (1022x412, 386K)

Who? elaborate.

>waah waah waah
Post your scanlation.

What a crappy thread.
>Scanlator thread
>thread is all about mocking it.
Mods do your jobs.

>donate to me
>don't show where you are

Attached: 4vj-i1rhQW50qfetrzrmS072TxD34QyAbI71IKGGRKc.jpg (274x250, 42K)

The guy that was translating the slime manga.

that dude put his chips on the table, unless you show something too you're just lookin like a fool

t. animeonly who doesn't read any manga

>or posting about it on Yea Forums until someone bites.
Wouldn't that just piss people off? Whether you hijack a thread or create a new thread for that.

This is why I donate.

That's completely readable if you open your fucking eyes

AHAHAHA OH NONONONO

Attached: x9.png (1129x1618, 1.92M)

Elaborate the issue.

No one gives a shit about some literally who stirring up drama unless you're from reddit.

Out of the 3 hours that it takes me to do 25 pages about half an hour is translating and the rest is typesetting, editing and redrawing. I don't know about group mechanics because I've always worked alone though.
I was just joking. Well I do have a patreon but unless you really like reading my stuff I don't think you should donate.

Attached: 1530320761643.png (283x314, 84K)

>caring about flashback text
you're just making yourself look worse user. from my perspective the other guy is winning this argument hard atm.

KanoKari scanlation was intentionally super low effort to save the manga from Jet Yau with their 3 weeks delay.

Attached: 1524691352362.png (565x541, 157K)

Would it be possible to hire SEAniggers for dirt cheap to translate manga to ESL-tier translations, and then interpret it and modify it to a degree that's legible enough to be typesetted onto a manga?

Attached: 1445788782940.png (500x500, 178K)

>unreadable scribble shit
universe_brain.jpg

He deserved it. His fonts are small as fuck. Same as Meraki for getting $800/month and making it into a family business.

Yes i am butthurt as fuck. Why couldn't i make the same amount.

>kanokari
Y*kes, get that shit taste cured senpai

I don't care how they shill their stuff as long as the group actually translates decently most of the time and at a good pace.

Attached: LHT.gif (494x628, 490K)

Jesus christ and here I felt bad about my own scanlations

Attached: 1551443369082.png (395x463, 204K)

How the hell did he manage to do that with the tones? Is he running it trough ¨some smudge filter and masking it only for edges?

I'll snipe Toubun's next chapter and defeat Yea Forums and #dropout

Wow, even my dumbass could translate that "unreadable text" they should just stop.

Google translate plus dictionary is way more accurate.

I'm sure you could but why not just go with machine translation at that point?

Topaz. Are you even a scanlator?

>can't read basic japanese and calls it "scribble shit" (It's perfectly legible and really big on the page)
>claims he translates and typesets a page in 7 minutes
I believe you

yeah but I don't have a bank account or money.

I wonder if that lolibaba guy that was in an older scanlation thread around right now. If I can't get the original translator, maybe he might be up to helping out.

Attached: 1550611352688.png (1026x966, 609K)

If you're not as autistic as the Peleliu guy, you'll probably be fine. You probably won't get many replies if you make a thread about something that hasn't had a single chapter translated, but if the translation got dropped, you might find people who are in the same boat.

>Topaz. Are you even a shitty scanlator?

Scanlation group that deals almost exclusively with tranny manga.

My nigg/a/, I was just about to post that picture but I love you nonetheless. Any idea who drew the isekai reunion?

I used to be. Back when even mentioning Topaz could earn you a boot.

Fuck, look what you did #dropout!

pic unrelated right?

Yea Forums gets pissed off over nothing anyways, just look at this thread. do whatever you want. if you wanna type set some shit make a thread and see if there's interest. it'll alraedy be a better thread than 50% of the board even if all you accomplish is dumping a raw chapter.

Get scanslating Yea Forums

Attached: 1548361937550.jpg (1399x3132, 1.19M)

The raw I found looks the same, so it may be some nip magic.

It's really unfortunate how many absolute morons out there are using topaz filters. Literally just piling on filters to make the raws look worse.

Google Translate isn't working out half the time.

That's not me though, I said that I'm not posting mine, especially with this much shitposting around.

Attached: 1544977563067.png (1240x1753, 1.63M)

Yeah it did. Then digital raws came. Why would anyone topaz a digital? A simple surface blur will do to remove the artifacts.

this.

>scanslating
>google transate
>digistrips
>gimp
>"Failure yo comply"
>all caps even for the "i"s in the middle of words
Kill yourself

>muh typesetting
Am I missing something? isn't that just filling the text in the panels? what's so hard about that?

And then they end up claiming scanlation is easy.

That's what LHT is doing, minus the "legible enough" part

Please give transcription to the bottom right one.
I'm allergic to shitty handwriting.

Not knowing how to hack the Xbox in 2019. Yikes.

You have 10 seconds to explain what's wrong with GIMP.

Retard.

editors, typesetters and redrawers always have overblown egos. nothing new. in the end translator is the only one that matters.

I'm yet to see a digital raw that really needs anything except removing text and redrawing.

You don't know until you do it, but it takes an obnoxious amount of effort to do, especially if you clean and even more if you redraw.

Copypasting can be hard you know.

>typesetter spends more time and effort than translator into a scanlation
>translator is more valuable
Why is this Yea Forums?

It's called the invisible art for a reason. You can't truly know until you do it. Letterers are a premium in the American comic industry because they are insanely valuable.

Sheiusha stuff usually. Their volume raws sucks.

t. typesetter-kun who takes a week to typeset 1 short chapter
>typesetter-kun, where is the work? are you done yet?
>s-sorry... depression kicking in..
EVERY TIME.

I like to not feed the public potentially shit translations user.

Did anyone else notice google translate shit the bed a few months ago. Like say near end of january or feburary?
I used it to read syosetu stories but it changed overnight. Words were getting translated differently and worse.

Typesetters are worthless without Translator, but translator can always do everything alone.

Pretty shit stuff overall desu senpai

Not that it deserves any special praise, but it's menial job if you want text to look good. Most of the time shitty typesetters just put text off center, can't split sentences correctly or just use terrible fonts. Having a good typesetting can mean a lot.

Because there are fewer translators than typesetters, and it takes a lot longer for a person to learn Japanese to become a translator than for that same person to learn how to typeset properly.

If you don't have a translator, you don't have anything to copy paste from, retard.

Like translating many things into "Moth"?

I know a translator who used to typeset his own stuff but eventually he started getting me to typeset everything because "typesetting is way more time consuming and I hate it".

Typesetter's job can be done by a monkey with photoshop, but it takes some skill to be a glorified Jisho API, let's be honest.

I'd be depressed too if I was a typesetter

>translate "日向ちゃん hinata-chan"
>get "hyuga-chan"
Why.

It's the most tedious part of the process, excepting redrawing but you rarely have to do that much redrawing.

Names are difficult, even for people

I guess I'm not the only one that keeps on seeing this "moth" shit on Google Translate.

Scanaltors should charge market rates for quality, €20/hr. All it takes is 20 people to give €2 to get a volume done.

Attached: hyugakojirou_01-e1533038214231.jpg (376x256, 20K)

Same here.

Everything besides KanoKari is pretty good stuff desu senpai!

Are Narutards feeding Google Translate this shit?

You need a couple of hours to learn to typeset but maybe a couple of years to learn moon.

>2 hours to get an entire volume done
Holy shit

Just donate $1 a month to your favorite groups. No. Donate $0.50. If everyone did that, we would have an actual industry and could probably even pay each mangaka, too.

nothing's hard about doing the editing if you dont care how it looks but doing it right is pretty tedious and slow.

I could typeset for you anons but I only have PAINT and I'll use times new roman or @yu gothic.

Attached: 1556254510787.jpg (792x815, 67K)

And I thought zoomer fags were supposed to be tech savy.

>mfw readers think it literally takes like maybe 2 hours to scanlate 200+ pages
If only you knew how bad things were

Attached: 1554322910760.jpg (540x720, 53K)

I wish I have your translator. I'd gladly do the typesetting if it meant progressing in the series I like.

lmfao good fucking luck finding 20 people willing to pay

One of them told me his poor mother was sick so I gave him money.
lmao imagine begging people to pay you for mangas you stole.

>270 donators
unbelievable

Yea, fucking google a shit this year. I wonder what the fuck they did. It also seems to be translating far too many things as "eyebrows".

Yet plenty of it was apparently cleaned with Topaz. The guy shouldn't be mentioning how fast he can work when it's so obvious he just runs bad raws trough the filter and calls it a day.

What the fuck is even Topaz?

It's definitely gotten worse than it used to be in the past few months. I think they turned it over to an algorithm at some point that tries to gauge how good it's translation is via A/B testing of the two translations it'll offer. Then in the past few months they made a change that poisoned the algorithm with bad translations, or someone just deliberately started fucking with things.

Do you have any real reasons to actually hate waifu2x or are you just being a contrarian faggot?

Attached: 1553146311093.png (1080x1288, 1.36M)

>muh bestest grand image quality with 100 steps page cleaning
Hahaha nobody gives a shit about that. You are less than worthless, you know that?

did you know that despite being only 3% of the viewers...

Not him, but upscaling makes an image look like shit and on top of that waifu2x throws on all sorts of blurring and whatnot. This kills any detail in the art and fucks up screentones.

whales contribute BILLIONS to gacha companies.

You're an idiot. Topaz overfilters things. That's why you end up with fucked up images full of sharpening and blurring. Good cleaning uses far less steps than Topaz, but requires actual knowledge about what you're doing.

Shitty ass photoshop filter you can recognize from miles away and a best way how to make the raws lose every detail. Often used by speed scanlators, because doing a good cleaning job as a member of such group is apparently a crime.

A few blurbs I've seen here and there, though I don't remember exactly what chapters of what manga he put them in.
The long and short of it is that he usually wakes up some time in the early afternoon, translates a bit, plays Overwatch, translates some more, plays more Overwatch, then goes to bed around sunrise. I'm sure he helps his parents with shit from time to time, but he's very clearly not a primary caregiver.

>topaz topaz blahblah topaz
I don't even know what the fuck Topaz is. You're babbling and assuming a lot of shit. I just downloaded the raws and started translating + typesetting without any kind of modification to the images whatsoever.
1 thing that I know for sure though, that you're definitely autistic.

Who the fuck cares about me? Topaz is and was always shit, It's intended for color photography where details generally matters less that in manga. It destroys every fucking tone, every thin line and blurs the fuck out of all the thick lines like no tomorrow.

>If anything I'd rather everything was translated in a system similar to danbooru where the translation just hovers over the original image.
FUCKING THIS
Just imagine the manga translation scene after such a site kicks off:
>no more cleaners
>no more redrawers
>no more typesetters
>no more aspiring translators unable to find one of the above to make a team
Every manga would get translated within hours! Proofreaders could edit the text after it's already been released! Everything would be perfect!

Is it copyright? Would publishers start cracking down if people started hosting raw manga online? I know Japan doesn't have anything like Mangadex.
How are scanlations even allowed to exist? It makes no sense.

Korean/English to Spanish here
I have only once managed to translate moonrunes to English and then to Spanish using this shit but there was a lot of mispronouns, it's best to wait for the Korean bugmens to do their shit since Korean is a lot more understandable once put in Google when these weird words came out

based

It’s a necessary evil with extremely shitty low-res raws.
Unless you really have to scanlate something that’s only available on comic walker, just wait for tank releases.

For somebody who claims that scanlation is easy, you sure skipped a lot of steps.

>I don't even know what the fuck Topaz is. You're babbling and assuming a lot of shit.
What? All I did was tell you why Topaz is bad and actually uses more steps than a competent cleaning job. Also, I'm not the same poster you slinging shit at originally. Stop shitposting, you fucking moron.

Typesetter requirements:
>Editing software
>Good fonts
>Cleaning know how
>Difficulty scales with typesetting autism and art complexity
>What you see is what you do work
Easily supplied and mentored to acceptable skills.

Translator requirements:
>functional understanding of an entire language
>understanding of story lore, culture and occasional real life subject matter
>ability to comprehend dialogue and context
>writing ability to put out natural sounding dialogue befitting character and setting
These are things that take much more time to master and some people just can't into these skills at all. Also, translators have the option of just fucking off to enjoy the raws for just themselves, such is the fate of the experienced fan translator.

They don't need money, the exposure they get from showcasing their skills are worth thousands of dollars. This leads to lucrative jobs and other ways to expand their skills.

>topaz topaz topaz topaz topaz
Fuck off with your autistic speech. I don't know and I don't give a shit about Topaz and worthless cleaning shit. Having a translation at all is my number one and only priority in scanlating. Unironically have sex.

>Proofreaders could edit the text after it's already been released!
Holy shit, you're retarded.

Wasn't Diaz talking about something like that years ago?

t. can't do either

Then don't go being smug about how fast you can work, when you skip half of the steps in the process, moron.

I remember those idiots over at horriblesubs trying to shit talk scanlation by saying it sooo easy and that subtitling anime is so much harder and yet they gave up after three (3!) short chapters

horriblesubs.info/category/scans/
>This is our first time scanlating manga. We’re only doing this to spread our love for the work, just like how we fansub 50 series a week. It took the two of us no more than a few hours to get this done from translation to release. However, I dare say our translations are top-notch, unlike a lot of the absolute horseshit we’ve all read (not for this series, but in general). Scanlating is easy, unlike subtitling anime. Come on.

Yeah, half of the steps that don't matter at all, shit that nobody knows or gives a shit about unless you're autistic.

>literally retarded
>literally shitposter
Consider yourself getting laughed out of /a7 right now.

Nah. Nobody actually cares about page cleaning stuff besides autistic people like you. And you know it's true.

You have a mentality of a speedscanlator. Nothing wrong with that, but if you call people incompetent because they care more about visual aspect of visual medium is retarded.

I thought Horriblesubs are just Crunchyroll rips.

They are, but they won't admit it. Don't believe their lies.

Nobody's getting fooled.

As a true connoisseur of manga I think digital manga in general is disgusting. Mangaka draw for magazines, meaning magazines are the intended medium for consumption. If anything editing and redrawing should change digital scans to reflect how pages would look on magazine paper. Preferably they should get it to look like a worn copy of JUMP someone left in a public restroom or abandoned by a river.

Do you need donations to keep up all your projects and ultimately your whole hobby? Learn to be economical.
Do you want donations, because you're a jew and don't care about scanlation at all? Kill yourself.

The only thing I can get behind is, if one provides raws for a translation request. Everything else is retarded.

It only takes "effort" and time when you don't give a fuck about scanlation. Also, it's your own fault, that others dictate your projects.

Attached: ..._2.png (262x197, 63K)

いいえ。出来ますよ。見ろ、今夜のラノベ。JKとおっさん屑ラブコメそうと思った、実は社会人の事務ドラマ!それこそ面白いだこの作品。余の見間違いのせいで読んだでも後悔なし!やりちん最高!

Attached: 71m2KUdOcRL.jpg (903x1260, 208K)

I take it you're not into JS or JC?

>that weeb level google tier nip
Like I said. Can't do either.

Your tone is all over the place, dekinai-kun.

>2019
>not having learned Japanese
You have only yourself to blame

Whatever gave you that idea? I read Ryuuou too. Ginko a shit though.

You know, I would have thought that one particular kanji would made it clear.

Attached: Ais guy.jpg (2251x1725, 853K)

How much Japanese proficiency is needed to translate manga anyways? As competent as a Japanese middle schooler? A Japanese high schooler? A Japanese working adult?

>he can't speak English either

none

小2 and you're good to go

>I read Ryuuou too. Ginko a shit though.
Based

I don’t think there’s another answer than “depends on the manga”. Any idiot could translate yotsubato while some mangas are such a pain to just read for me that I can’t ever imagine translating them.

The minimum requirement is kana and a dictionary, but if you want to be done in less than an hour per chapter, you're going to want at least N3.

Are you looking for a project to translate for?

Back in teh good old days, people would frequently give money to good scanlators who kept up a close knit community and were part of the larger scanlation and manga community.

But after the great purge headed by the failing offiicial dubbers and scanners ti's all sort of going to hell.

They should just do patreons and get twitter and instagram accounts so they can scanlate stuff that people want scanlated and also keep themselves above water.
Hell a mangaka who wants their stuff to catch on with audiences across the planet, but mostly in the very lucrative western market, might even help...while working under a pseudonum of course.

As long as it's on a credit page, I don't care, especially since I power-skip the credits pages. If someone puts it in the middle of the manga, what am I going to do about it? Keep reading while I self-righteously bitch and moan about it. The end state is the same regardless, so does it even matter how I react?

I am surprised that this hasn't been scanned or translated yet into English. German, Spanish, and Italian anons even have access to it.

Attached: bestalious.jpg (2000x1472, 821K)

Aber Ich kann spreche Deustche, Pусский, Bahasa, Preselenian und 한글. Psy ist mein Freund.

Nope. Like I said, experienced translators usually go hermit mode to read their own shit and I rarely get the urge to translate. What did you have in mind?

老女的少女ひなたちゃん
I couldn't get contact with the guy that last translated it, so I'm looking to at least fill in the pages I have cleaned and ready to typeset.

Attached: 01_080.jpg (1112x1600, 361K)

Yeah and I can speak Martian. No one is buying your shit except for this one idiot

Wonder why the old scanlators don't set up a little meeting ground and lend out their services to paying groups or paying customers?

It seems like a nice way to make money for NEETs and Hermits and what not.
I did the entire final issue of psyren after I found the correct translation in a weekend and redid an issue of naruto manga that was so bad I had no choice but to rewrite it.
Took me all of a day...two days.

>Ich kann spreche Deustche
Du kannst sprichst sheisse.

lol
Not him, but I have been thinking about taking it over for some time now.

Is the original translator not responding or something? He's online on mangadex like everyday.

Probably because scanlation is operating in a legal gray area and profiting off someone elses work could open them up to liability. Either do it for passion or don't do it at all.

scanlators are fucking assholes

So you've noticed that too? I sent a message but I didn't get anything from him. I was thinking of going to Lolibooru to look for him since it seems like he's an admin of that site as well.

If not, and if you're up to it, we can work on that project together. I have multiple chapters ready to fill in, and all I need at the moment are the translations.

I also just asked another user in another thread who seems to be willing to work with it as well, but we can work something out once things get settled.

My account name on Mangadex is random_teki. You can contact me there and I'll give you the details of what I have in mind.

Oh. That's actually one I like. What chapter are you guys on now? Seems like you found somebody though.

>Martian
Begone you scumsucking moledigger. We shot your planet full of holes with the venus flyby to rid the system of your scourge. Your people got what was coming to them. How did you even manage to sneak past the moon?

Pride I'd say. Doing it for money was practically unheard of outside of the hentai scene when I started out so it's a really alien concept to me. Also, I actually did forget about about it till just now but Mangahelpers is still a thing right?

>Du
I ain't your friend buddy.

I only just found someone, so I haven't actually uploaded any chapters yet. It doesn't hurt to keep in contact though if you're interested, in case that user drops off later on.

Here's my Mangadex if you may be up to it in the future:
mangadex.org/user/289127/random_teki

Post links to raws, link needs to be something that doesn't expire at least for a week, I might write out a translated transcript if it isn't shit.

I think I got my raws from one of these:
zipraw.com/manga-34767.html
nyaa.si/view/907862

I can send you individual chapters via Google Drive on Mangadex as well.

Zenon should be 2048px. Not that user.
I'm hoping your raw is.

Just go buy the manga for fucks sake.

I don't think mine are that big. Here's one of the chapters:
drive.google.com/file/d/19DIOLr1V5ChZ0Q-42zpboSPBrPtxz9C2/view?usp=sharing

This size seems to be the same for the first 3 volumes that I have. Unfortunately I don't know of any other raws besides those.

I did buy Volume 5 and 6 and made raws out of those, but that's a different story when I get to that point.

Only 5th volume and beyond are 2048px.
t. bought and ripped it

Not really

>doing acanlation
>for money

Lol, internet shouldn't have reached poor countries.

Findom always makes me think of spurdo

>Aber Ich kann spreche Deustche
Aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen.*
Ne, kannst du nicht. Selbst Google hätte den Satz besser hinbekommen. Außerdem ist es im Internet normal, sich zu duzen.

My first thought was sharkgirls, but the Fins were a close second.

Attached: 1549187999136.png (260x193, 6K)

Use digital raws and learn to TS.

I think they're probably teenagers?

It's so incredibly easy to pay for scanlation yourself. Of course I never donate.

>typesetting
Would you guys want that automated?

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 133K)

>It's so incredibly easy to pay for scanlation yourself.
How much does it usually cost you?

Compare the TS from genderbender to Helvetica and you'll see what good typesetting does.

Unironically yes, if it gets shit done faster, and I say this as a typesetter.

Das (not daz) is still around. I don't really interact with him but we're in the same server and I consult with him from time to time about getting scans myself (I try not to rely on him, but he tends to just give whatever so long as someone on the server asks). Honestly though I'm ignorant as hell about the scanlation scene and I'm only even in that group because a typesetter invited me.

If I'm ripping a single series that's like 400 yen a month. I do tend to buy a lot of digital editions of things and each one ranges from 400 to 600 yen, with a few things like Touhou magazines and books costing around 1600 or 2000. All in all, it's chump change. Even if I spent 6000 in a month, that's just like "well, make lunch instead of buying it for 6 days and there you go"

Anyone had problems ripping this month's Morning Two from Amazon? I could rip Morning and my other weeklies, but I could not, for the life of me, rip Morning Two. I had to buy it from Rakuten.

黒ちゃん可愛いとか言ってる場合じゃねぇ

Numerous people have tried this in the past. Protip: it will never produce decent results.

But you're just paying for the original raws, not a scanlation for it where people actually translate it.

Can you name examples?

I tend to translate or give the raws to people who want them. You don't need to pay a cent for translation or typesetting/cleaning.

It's great that you're doing that, but that's not what I'd call "paying for scanlations".

It's the *only thing* paying for scanlation really means, for most groups.

Occasionally there are server cost to consider. To be honest, I wouldn't mind donating to mangadex because I feel like overall they do the manga industry a lot of good (promote series AND provide easy ways to monetarily support series, while centralizing everything so everything has a fair chance of exposure and profit).

I can understand it not working well for things that require redraws but what about automatically placing text centered in bubbles? Shouldn't that be fairly easy to code for? Either purely automatic with some kind of optical image recognition or with user input of where the bubbles are

Sorry to interrupt this autism but is there any known way to rip chapters from manga one?

>I wouldn't mind donating to mangadex because I feel like overall they do the manga industry a lot of good
Yes, pirating sites sure do the manga industry a lot of good. Mangadex is literally useless compared to actual scanlators. Pay translators and typesetters or buy the official manga.

Yes.

Go ahead, try it. I'm sure it's suuuuper easy and doable but nobody has ever tried it before! What an original idea.

>I don't know any kanji or kana. I just rely on OCR google translate, so I'm fucked when that doesn't work.

But it's exactly the translation that shit series deserves, so whatever.

Damn it, my "topaz denose filter" meme picture isn't on the archive anymore. Get it? Because characters' noses tend to disappear after it's applied aggressively.

Didn't they switch over to completely mobile, basically app only? Or also known as shitty WEBP compression and low resolution.
There probably is but I don't see why anyone would even core or bother.

I wrote a PS script that places lines of the TL script one by one at marks set in the psd, automatically switches documents and applies fonts and size based on presets. After that I still have to adjust every text layer manually though, sometimes only a little and sometimes a lot, because trying to recognize the size of a bubble/box/background is too much of a hassle. At least it saves me the effort of copying and pasting every line and applying the fonts by hand.

>giving a shit about xbox
double yikes

You can get jpeg just fine. Slightly better resolution than Amazon for these titles although with moar jpeg.

Attached: 001.jpg (960x1361, 135K)

How?

if some goober can single handedly code an automatic decensor script that detects genitalia and works pretty decently, im sure someone could train something to detect text bubbles. That should be far easier to detect compared to genitalia. I'm no code monkey so I wouldn't know how easy it'd be but it should be "easier"

You analyze what the app does and use your brain.
Anything specific you want from the app?

this is sorta what I was saying. Some kind of script/program that can take user input of where a text bubble is then white out the original text using a dumb method of whiting out the entire bubble or using OCR to remove the characters and center the user translation. I don't see why this hasn't been made yet. Seems logical enough

Not yet. They're putting up all of Pokemon Special up on there and I thought it'd be a good opportunity to download the RAWs.

>find manga which I like
>scanlations slow down
>it gets licensed, scanlations end completely
>would have to import it as paper from USA (overseas)
>and wait for years until they finally release volumes that consists of chapters that were available in magazines years ago
Reading manga sucks.

If you think it doesn't do any good you're really being naive.

Imagine how many series would have next to no exposure at all without sites like that. There are STUPID amounts of manga out there, many under different publishers and licenses, most without any official Western promotion whatsoever. In a world without piracy, the Western industry would have to rely on advertisement alone, and how exactly do you imagine they'd reach a large audience in this day and age? Manga ads on youtube? Like, what?

Scanlators also incur almost no cost, but something like mangadex DOES cost, and for that cost even something as obscure as, fuck, I don't know, "Witch Meets Knight" has 400 eyes on it as opposed to zero, and that at least manifested into two sales I'm certain of. Not licensed in English, and if it was just stuck on Dynasty and whichever scanlation group's site originally translated it, you'd have a much more difficult time promoting it.

>Scanlators also incur almost no cost
Time = Money
>but something like mangadex DOES cost
They can generate revenue from views.
>Imagine how many series would have next to no exposure at all without sites like that.
Virtually none of those series see an increase in profits for the publisher or mangaka because of pirating.

>Time = Money
Are you seriously >>>IMPLYING most scanlators do what they do as anything more than a semi-passionate hobby? If you're not scanlating because you want to, and thus don't mind the time it takes, stop scanlating. If you're doing it to profit, stop living.
>They can generate revenue from views
I don't know what you mean by this. MD can use ads or something? Except they don't, and there are many reasons for that.
>Virtually none of those series see an increase in profits for the publisher or mangaka because of pirating.
I like your sources, considering I could name, if I really did want to go out and look, like a hundred series with no license in the West which were translated and got exposure on MD or batoto or the like, which is more than the NOTHING they would have otherwise.