ITT: manga that virtually never get mentioned on Yea Forums

I’ll start, pic related.

Attached: spurt spurt.jpg (1200x935, 168K)

TZ barely ever gets brought up. Part of that is probably just it being completed but even so you’d figure it would come up in discussions every now and again ...

Attached: Takemitsu Zamurai.jpg (1844x1300, 526K)

I love Akumetsu

Shuto Heru.

Attached: SH3.png (847x1200, 1.77M)

I sense a pattern ...

Attached: Gon.jpg (680x429, 82K)

Yea Forums only circlejerks over popular and/or currently running manga.

If it doesn't have a huge fanbase, expect it to be completely forgotten within 3 years of ending.

Weirdly enough, even that is not a guarantee for Yea Forums to be all over a manga. Take Kingdom which is ongoing and fucking HUGE in Japan. But for whatever reason, it is not present very much on here. Maybe because it has not been serialized and Yea Forums actually needs to be spoonfed its manga by U.S. publishers?

It's 2 things, 1) It looks like shit, and following that, 2) It doesn't have waifus for majority of the otaku demographic to get into.

>1) It looks like shit
That’s a bit harsh. While that claim is indisputably true for many of its early chapters, I would argue that it has improved considerably over the years and has gotten pretty decent by now.

Interesting point concerning waifus though. That is also true for Takemitsu Zamurai and Gon, incidentally.

For such a long manga I just think it's ridiculous that the man hasn't gotten way better. He has gotten stuck on his own style and refuses to progress, or so I think.

It all adds up

>Completed
>No Waifus
>Unconventional Art
>No Highschool setting
>No Well known author

The more of these traits a manga has the more obscure it's going to be.

For sure.

As for Hara’s art style, I agree but only to an extent. His horses for instance are still at an unacceptable level but his overall art quality is at a quite proficient level. Obviously, if you dislike the way he draws faces that is an issue but other than that I am not sure what else is a big deal ...

The way people hold/swing certain weapons?

>if you dislike the way he draws faces that is an issue but other than that I am not sure what else is a big deal ...
Actually that's it for me, it's not just him, I heavily dislike how many authors draws face. On Kingodm's case I like that it stands out from the usual generic manga style, but as I mentioned earlier, having drawns so many chapters he should have improved, but he doesn't seem to want to.

I see. Well, for better or worse, I don’t really see him changing that aspect any time soon ...

It is not a deal breaker for me though.

Even after getting an anime adaption I never see this manga get any discussion other than that one thread from back in 2016.

Attached: devils'_line.jpg (2183x3056, 769K)

I still want separate anime and manga boards personally. It's not like Yea Forums where everything gets talked about relatively equally, it's outright hard to talk about manga due to anime discussion simply being more numerous and active.

The art was messy at first but you get used to it. Never thought i'd come to appreciate muscle girls until this

Attached: dorohedoro.png (973x1400, 314K)

even though people mention homunculus often enough

Attached: 1920-17227.jpg (1554x1100, 480K)

>Dorohedoro
>rarely talked about
Bruh ...

Does Ichi really not get brought up? Like, it definitely is not a lot but I feel like you see it every now and again, even if just for meme pages like that spread where Kakihara is fleeing naked from Ichi.

I've never seen Cestvs talked about on here, and that's an ongoing series that I think is moderately popular in Japan?

> Good art
check

> Mystery
check

> Death game
check

> Special powers + gun fights
check

> Spooky conspiracy plot
check

Darwins Game is the spiritual succesor of GantZ and is really good, no idea why it get so many mentions.
Action packed with cool fights.

Attached: darwins_game.jpg (688x1024, 149K)

Attached: darwins_game2.jpg (500x742, 79K)

True. I myself have only mentioned it once or twice. Speaking of which, there has been quite a while since the last release, hasn’t there? What gives? Was it dropped?

That pic gives of a Cube vibe ...

gon is so fucking good, the one where he's with the penguins and the one where he learns to fly with the falcons or eagles or whatever the fuck is stupidly wholesome

Attached: darwins_game3.jpg (728x1060, 203K)

It’s the kind of manga that easily appeals to both young and old alike. Not having text probably helps but even so ...

Attached: darwins_game4.jpg (720x1129, 159K)

Don't remember seeing a single thread about MPD Psycho.

Attached: 220px-MPD_Psycho_cover.jpg (220x298, 13K)

I don't even know if it's been edited/translated into english

Attached: UnluckyYoungMen.jpg (1035x758, 570K)

Attached: karakuri.jpg (1537x1200, 545K)

Based. Finally got someone to pump out chapters recently too. Souboutei has got someone finally too. Its a good time to be a Fujita Kazuhiro fan.

Attached: 2667eeba8c73783354f11fb811ef614e741c8443r1-1125-1572v2_hq.jpg (733x1024, 155K)

Attached: 12.jpg (844x1200, 232K)

I don't think I've ever seen someone talk about Flame of Recca.

Gee, it's almost like it ended ten years ago or something.

You're missing possibly the biggest one - translation speed / regularity.

> It's not like Yea Forums where everything gets talked about relatively equally, it's outright hard to talk about manga
That's simply not true. Like a third of the threads on Yea Forums are about manga at any given time. If you can't talk about a manga frequently, that's not because anime is pushing it out, that's just because it's not popular enough to get regular discussion.

Im reading Azumi but never heard or seen it mentioned here.

I've seen it come up here and there over the years, was even on a rec chart a while back. I didn't find it that interesting, though, felt kind of unimpactful as far as that kind of story goes, wound up dropping it after she assassinated Tokugawa. So I can't really blame people for not talking about it.

people mention dorohedoro all the fucking time??