Backlog Season

Since this season literally doesn't have a single good show and only a small handfull of okay shows, I hope you're all working on your backlog!
What are you watching?
So far this season I've already completed Love Live Sunshine, next Im going to watch my friend Hädzuki's anime, Tasagare Otome and YuYuYu

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail Final Season - 304 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_07.53_[2019.04.14_21.33.24].jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

I've been reading some LNs and WNs and right now I'm trying to find a good truck.

For me this season is definitely better than the last few but there's always time to watch backlog shows.
Probably watching Heroic Age, Mugen no Ryvius Karekano, Sunabouzu and amanchu next.

Go fuck yourself

gonna start Honey and Clover soon. is it good or is it shit. Need to finish og Fruits Basket too.

>I'm trying to find a good truck
Good luck with that.

>having a backlog at all
Hello there, ~100 anime-watched newfriend.

I'm rewatching Steel Angel Kurumi and going into diabetic shock every time the OP plays it's too sweet bros.

Attached: Kurumi01.png (720x540, 431K)

650+ actually.
Not my fault you can't find anime you want to watch.

Is this the new seasonal meme? I've seen 3k cartoons and still have a backlog that always hovers around 100 entries.

Nice quads

You don't need so many anime, I think it's better to primarily rewatch the few works at really resonant with you in cycles, so you can squeeze every drop of appreciation possible from them and know them like the back of your hand. Rather than waste your time mindlessly watching a lot of anime you don't really like. It makes it all the more worthwhile when a new show makes it into the fold.

Attached: Re-L15.png (1920x1078, 1.19M)

I've seen like 20 anime I don't give a fUCK

It's nothing new. It's just people that doesn't understand the concept of time. So they don't understand that it's actually not possible to watch everything you want at once.

I started the colors, it´s fun so far. Does Nonoka please old men for money?

Thanks.
I do feel like re-watching anime sometimes, but I'd rather work on my backlog and maybe find a new anime that I absoloutly love. And I never get the same enjoyment the second time I watch anime anyway.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! - OVA [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_05.13_[2019.04. (1920x1080, 74K)

But that's not what they are referring to. They are referring to the fact that there are only X good things to even exist, so anyone who has seen 400 anime shouldn't have a backlog cause there's nothing left to watch. I mean, there's a reason why the guy says
>~100 anime-watched newfriend
He basically implies that having watched more than that would result in a backlog being pointless. And I do think that this is a fairly recent meme. At least I don't remember for it to have been this common in the past.

based anarchic user

It must suck being scared of trying new things because they might be bad

It's old as fuck.
And it really is what they mean about it. They usually make arguments like this
>I don't have a backlog because if I want to watch something i watch it
They literally doesn't understand that you can't eatch everything at the same time.

>not having a backlog
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1530087586222.png (169x19, 1K)

>you can't watch everything at the same time
is that a challenge?

I need to set up a way to manage my backlog. My current system is downloading shows when I hear about them, then seeing the folders months or years later when I'm bored. Seasonal shows are in their own folder to make this easy, but that makes finding a seasonal show a bitch. Even a spreadsheet would be a better system.

Right now, I'm watching Azumanga Daioh. Innocent comedies are my weakness, and I now regret putting this one off for so long.

Attached: Azumanga Daioh.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Senryuu is nice, Yaiba is watchable.

>Senryuu is nice
It's okay.

Attached: [GJM] Senryuu Shoujo - 02 [A4122423].mkv_snapshot_05.58_[2019.04.15_12.57.30]_stitch.jpg (1884x1982, 379K)

Hi

I don't watch anime, so I don't care.

I've actually managed to finish 10+ shows past week which is a high number for me. I might actually be able to finish my backlog at this pace Jesus Christ

Senryuu is nice, Chou Kadou Girl is nice, Hitoribocchi is nice, Joshi Kausei is nice, RobiHachi is nice, Senko is nice and there are a few other shorts that may or may not be worth watching

The best thing I've finished from my backlog this season is probably SnM.

If you are completely adverse to the idea of using online trackers just organise your folders better. Have anything you haven't watched in a separate folder and maybe separate them again vaguely by genre so if you feel like a comedy or romance you can just pick something from that folder.

Attached: [SNSbu] Stella no Mahou - 02 (BDRip 1920x1080 HEVC-YUV420P10 FLAC).mkv_snapshot_17.11_[2019.04.01_15 (1920x1080, 176K)

I just finished Demi-chan wa Kataritai and it was very fun. It got a bit too serious for its own good at a few points but overall it was a very charming anime. A solid 9/10. I'm also going to start watching Youjo Senki. From what I remember it was well-received on Yea Forums so I might as well give it a go. I might watch one of those edgy Mahou Shoujo anime next, like the one from last season or Mahou shoujo site or whatever that was called.

Attached: Sakie_white_supremacist.jpg (1920x1080, 944K)

Finally getting around to Monogatari

Been powering through Dunbine, it meandered a bit in the middle but that's not that out of the ordinary for a Tomino show. It does a better job with large scale battles than any of the Gundam TV series too which is pretty cool.

Attached: Dunbine - 42 [BD 720p AAC] [B4DEFEA7].mkv_snapshot_01.31_[2019.04.28_12.15.41].jpg (960x720, 122K)

Lolisenki is an edgy magical girl show

Fucking based

Attached: e3cc0ed88778d02c88d3676312ab020f.jpg (800x604, 58K)

moefags

>perfect season to work on my backlog
>anime burnout kicked in before the winter shows ended

Fuck

BASED

Screenshot taken as soon as I read the post.

Attached: [Doki] Zero no Tsukaima - Princess no Rondo - 10 (1280x720 Hi10P BD FLAC) [83ED6F1F]_snapshot_00.01. (1280x720, 148K)

lol i just bookmark the wikipedia page. It's not like you guys don't wikipedia the show when you finish watching it to see what other related media there is.

I was meaning to rewatch the entire monogatari series before watching zoku
that was back in february

Attached: 1444275632947.gif (497x372, 120K)

Joshi Kausei is cancer, Hitoribocchi isn't my cup of tea but I can respect that. If Chou Kadou is the min girl then it's not horrible, just not my thing either.

I want to have sex with Irene

Attached: 1b565f87cd1fcf4d5444a47a9b094344.jpg (1282x1335, 218K)

Hyouge Mono and Hachimitsu to Clover.
Hachimitsu is kinda weird but not bad at all.

>Joshi Kausei is cancer
I'm guessing you only watched the first episode? It's not all like that.
Although I don't hold shorts to a very high standard, as long as they're somewhat entertaining it's alright in my book.

"Cancer" is a really heavy opinion for 3 min gag show.

Get in line.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail Final Season - 301 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_20.15_[2019.03.31_22.43.12]_stitch (1969x2234, 374K)

>plan to read
A list of what you'd like to read/watch is not a backlog. If you don't have it downloaded and ready to be watched or read, it's not a backlog.

YuYuYu is great, but don't have any overly-specific expectations going into it and enjoy the ride.

Did she get an abortion?

Cesarean delivery scar.

Watching

Asatte no Houkou - very slow and pretty dry, but some how the setting and drama hits this equilibrium between comfy and unsettling that keeps me watching an episode or two per night
Aiura - I didn't know this was a short anime until I downloaded it, not really that funny but the style and animation make up for it, weird that there's basically two EDs taking up half of the 5 minute runtime
Kamichu! - every episode was less good than the previous but I've only watched up to the UFO episode, hoping it shifts back more to the fantastical elements because it's a gorgeous show for its time and format
Monogatari - just finished Hana and Tsuki, loved both, looking forward to Owari next

Yes it is.
All I know is that I dropped it after first episode when it aired. Giving it another try because YuYuYu fans were nice people in Toji threads.

Currently watching ef - a tale of melodies and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi.

I wasn't that big on the first season of ef, I love Shin Oonuma's direction and overall it's fine but this coming of age stuff doesn't do much for me anymore. This one has some more interesting stuff going on but overall it seems more of the same.
The latter anime is really fun oldschool Gainax shit. Not as monumental as their more popular works but still fun.

Attached: Magical_Shopping_Arcade_Abenobashi_-_E02_-_Adventure_Abenobashi_Sword_and_Sorcery_Shopping_Arcade-OU (1926x1080, 225K)

>ef
Best fucking scene.

Attached: ef_a_tale_of_memories_Ep07.png (1280x720, 1008K)

I thought Melodies was shit. But I really liked Memories.

If you liked Toji no Miko, I can't see you disliking YuYuYu. In fact, I found the latter to have much better pacing and more focused plot.

Watching this really pretty arthouse. A bit incoherent plot, but nonetheless a proof that MALshit scores are to be treated with utmost disregard.

Attached: Urahara.jpg (1000x740, 211K)

I absoloutly loved TnM.

>he's seen 20 fucking anime
wow what a fucking weeb ahaah ahahahahaah, holy shit even i've only seen 3

Attached: 283475923745.jpg (718x661, 35K)

I liked it, but somehow I don't remember much, other than the feeling that it didn't quite fulfill its potential. Probably something with the plot. Really liked the characters though. Will have to rewatch someday, as my backlog finally doesn't seem overwhelming.

I rarely watch seasonal anime in the first place, they don't tend to do much for discussing on Yea Forums. I could watch 20 seasonal anime, and in one year I'll have nothing to talk about, or I could watch 20 classics, and those anime will be talked about forever so I can still join discussions on Yea Forums even if I don't watch any more anime.

Anyway, in the past few days I've seen a few episodes of Heroic Age. It's SOOOOOOOO boring, I'm literally falling asleep 12 minutes into every episode. Will probably read up about the plot so far on Wikipedia or something, because I've probably missed some stuff.
It's a bit cool, though. Right when I fall asleep, and my eyes close, I still hear the sound and I'm dreaming that I'm watching something that fits the sound that isn't accurate at all.

I'm a bit stuck on what to watch, because there's nothing that I really want to watch, and I also don't want to start something new when I've already begun so much. Rewatched a few episodes of Kaleido Star, it was still inspiring but not as fun in the moment as I remembered it. Still great though.

Lately it has just been one episode of Kanon here, one episode of Heartcatch Precure there, maybe an episode of Akastuki no Yona, and none of them are really that good, so I don't feel like continuing.

How new are you? You can easily watch all the so-called "classics" in half a year at a leisure pace.

every season is backlog season for me because I don't generally watch airing shows

I just finished rewatching Haibane Renmei so I'm feeling emotionally drained right now but I'd like to start watching Planetes some time soon. I don't know why I put it off so long.

I am rewatching Saki and planning to finally complete the *monogatari shows off my backlog

I don't know what a leisure pace is for you but if you only watch the original UC-timeline Gundam, 1 episode a day it will take like 4 months.

I don't watch a lot of anime. It has been years, and I still have plenty left.
To finish the classics that quickly, you need to have anime as an hobby that you spend significant time on.
Actually, if you watch one anime each day, you'll still only see a bit more than 180 anime in a year. Don't know if that's enough to finish everything, and it's not realisitic for most people to watch much more than one cour each day.

I finally gonna watch NGNL 0.
I'm gonna do it and I can't stop myself!

Making a list and sorting it by priority, put 30-50 into the top priority at a time so you have a good selection to pick from. Pretend the rest don't exist until you add them to the high priority list.

It's better than the series.

not everyone is a neet with hours to spare each day

Wow, it's almost like there's a way to organize things called "a list". You know, those evil things many people use nowadays but that trigger self proclaimed oldfags because "they are a waste of time".

>Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
I've got a feeling I should go back to that. I think it was the second anime I watched after Akira and as far as I know it parodies things I would've had no idea about back in 03.
Did knowing the references affect how fun it was when you watched it?

Doesn't count. Gundam is not a classic. It's a classic for mechafags. Only reason to watch it is if robots make your peepee feel funny.
Well, what is a classic? I don't think there are more than 50 anime that could be considered classics in the strictest sense. Then again, I haven't counted, so I could be wrong.
>leisure pace

list the 'classics' then

I have a job and train/instruct Jujutsu so I literally only have time to watch anime 3 days a week.
I still watch 15-20 shows per season (including backlog shows)
You just need to not have any friends or family to spend your free days with.

Anyone has hours to spare each day unless you are a literal slave. Normal individual works 40-45hrs a week on average. Blow another 42hrs a week on sleep. If you take the train you can watch stuff while you commute. Be more efficient about your time, retard. The problem isn't that you don't have any, but that you want to use it for other things.

No, I have better things to do. Like working on my backlog.

Gundam is definitly a classic. But my point was that there are far to many classics and they are to long to finish in just 6 months.
Take LoGH for example it would take almost 4 months to finish at the pace of 1 episode a day.

add cooking, cleaning and other chores, caring for kids/pets, other hobbies to that

If you think LotGH is a classic then you probably shouldn't watch anime. It's a reddit anime that can barely even be called animation. Go read the novels instead but don't waste your time on the shit tier adaptation.

Good thing you aren't too busy to shitpost on Yea Forums.

Who watches 1 episode a day? You will die before you even watch every potentially good anime.

I'm thinking stuff that's good and old. Let's see the 90s, since that was a good decade that I've seen some of but still miss a lot from.
At least Evangelion, Lain, Utena, Escaflowne, Berserk, Saint Tail, Rayearth, Slam Dunk, Romeo no Aoi Sora, Now and Then Here and There, Kare Kano, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Cardcaptor Sakura, Infinite Ryvius, Cowbow Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Initial D, Nadia, Turn A Gundam, Giant Robo, Big O, Sailor Moon
Okay won't list any more because it requires more effort but at least all of these are either good or something you should try either because they are popular or important.

>caring for kids/pets, other hobbies to that
Yes, choices you made and chose to blow your freetime on. Cooking is also a choice. you can live healthy by throwing everything into a rice cooker and then make some scrambles eggs or fry some chicken. Literally takes no more than 10 minutes in total. So again: You don't lack time. You simply choose to blow it on other activities. So stop pretending that only NEETs have freetime.

>Now and Then Here and There
I haven't even seen it and I wish I could forget about it. Sickening.

My condolences.

I am watching Touch since the currently airing Mix takes place 30 years after that one. I like it so far. Though not much to say since it is progressing quite slowly.

I am also watching Victory Gundam, and I don't like it. Mostly because of Uso. I hate almost everything he does.

Attached: TOUCH 020(BD) - Central Anime [4070AEFB].mkv_snapshot_11.11.233.jpg (960x720, 78K)

I'm working my way through Symphogear.

Attached: 8c64e0941053bb941ee3ba096844ae00c60e20b4.gif (277x325, 133K)

Erzas mom is so fucking hot. Such a shame there's no much art of her.

Spotting the references and generally having a background on the people working on it definitely makes it more rewarding, but the animation and characters are pretty fun in their own right. Gainax just had a style like no other studio. That said I think it takes a certain taste in humor to appreciate the more whacky stuff of Gainax and I'm not sure this would've been a good entry point. If you like the comedy in FLCL, P&S, KLK or even Kare Kano you should check it out.

>FLCL, P&S, KLK
I liked FLCL back then as the 3rd anime I watched but since then dropped P&S on episode one and KLK on episode 8 so it might be best to leave it as a vaguely nice memory.

I'm gonna do it bros, i'm just at the point where i 出来る.

Attached: yotsubato.jpg (225x350, 60K)

I'm sorry you watch garbage, friendo.

You can even watch anime WHILE doing Jujus

Watched Nisekoi and Oreshura, both were pretty good now I'll probably go to the source material to see how they end. This season has some decent shows but yeah its not as great as the previous year was.

Attached: 1530185743005.gif (500x281, 978K)

This season is good thought because there's no yurishit