One year later the memory of zero tsu still burns bright in the hearts and minds of fans everywhere

>one year later the memory of zero tsu still burns bright in the hearts and minds of fans everywhere

mmmmmm yep, I'm thinking DITF is a modern classic

Attached: 1529675775089.png (1002x1500, 904K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/"time flop"/start/2019-01-01/order/asc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1554546330450.jpg (1536x2048, 1.17M)

Should I watch it?
I heard that the ending sucks

People are unhappy with technical aspects of the ending because they forgot the show is a romance. The foundation is romance, everything else is built on top of that.

Attached: 1554930710379.jpg (1366x768, 131K)

DiTF is the perfect example of what not to do. Uninspired waifubait can only get you so far when the writing shits the bed that hard.

Attached: 1519683763139.png (372x388, 265K)

Who?

Attached: trigger aliens.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

But the romance sucked too.

I can tell you're from Yea Forums by the way you type. Go back there. DitF was a travesty.

All you've done is out yourself is out yourself as the Yea Forums poster and prove the good opinion is liking DITF.

Kill yourself faggot, never come back to pollute this place

>
This board has been slowly getting invaded by you vermin for years. DitF airing was the worst I had ever seen the problem flare up. If you hadn't started browsing Yea Forums in 2018 you would be able to recognize the mannerisms of crossboarders.

Attached: how ditf was conceived.png (581x1033, 826K)

Why are you replying to a literal underage seriously?

>we're

poo in the franxx will be a good example of shit anime for years to come.

I just hate seeing this board slowly die over the years and I'm bitter.

Attached: 1541123991455.jpg (945x1181, 104K)

>Started browsing like 10-15 years ago
>I'm still here
Thanks for reminding me

Attached: 1547387403128.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

It's not really dying, the site's foundation is anime and based on nips version of 4ch, just that unfortunately there are retards that like to flaunt their time flop and thus turning it into a cascade of trolling here. Many people are smart to ignore and report hese trolls but some are easily baited.

Someone post the webm. You know the one.

Attached: You Know.jpg (250x250, 15K)

You mean THAT one?

>modern classic
>cult flop
>time classic
I guess this is IRC all over again. Kill yourself.

Reminder

Attached: 1554546269015.png (1128x809, 77K)

Attached: 1554568822583.gif (540x303, 3.67M)

>strawpoll

Attached: Illya.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

Yea Forums strawpolls have always carried significance here. Don't you remember the ass vs boobs poll when kill la kill was airing? when it was pinned and anime developers/manga writers/artists were retweeting a fucking Yea Forums strawpoll on their twitter.

Attached: 1555906065456.jpg (1366x768, 137K)

Objectively false
Yes, and unironically consider stopping at episode 15. It was good up until that point.

>comic sans
>something to be taken seriously ever

Attached: 1555847914281.jpg (396x402, 81K)

02 is an EVA unit, right?

First episodes were fine, then it went to shit and if it is remembered that should be the one reason. Sad to think Zero Two was stuck in that anime, she was really cute.

The romance peaked in episodes 16-18. That's where it built up to exactly what people wanted. 02 and Hiro got to hang out in their room for a month and fuck like rabbits. Kokoro and Mitsuru got their own run at it too. Everything that came after episode 18 was just shit nobody wanted in terms of romance. The show literally dismantles everything the first 15 episodes were building up to after 3 episodes of payoff only to leave the romance in a worse spot than where it was before at the end.

You have the characters literally consummating their love in those 3 episodes of downtime where in the end one of the couples dies, one of them is essentially forced to get back together because of a pregnancy. And of the side couples, Goro settles on his strawberry whore, Zorome and Miku never get confirmed to be together, and Ikuno and Fatso get with complete randos.

I do not understand what they were going for. They failed to deliver a satisfying end to the plot and a satisfying conclusion to the romance in the end.

>modern classic
It is a time flop

And I'm still mad at this fat pig.

Attached: pleasekillthisfatguy.png (1000x1333, 2.59M)

Stop forcing your retarded shitty meme
boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/"time flop"/start/2019-01-01/order/asc/

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-28 a - Anime Manga » Searching for posts that contain ‘ time flop ’ and post (1094x3646, 683K)

Only significance that strawpoll have is their susceptibility to proxyvoting.

this is bait

just stop after episode 16

Based dino.

STONEEEEEEEER SUUUUUNSHIIIIIIIIIINNE!!!!

I LOVE 02 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 002 finger.gif (589x525, 283K)

Oni's fairy tale romance was actually Uncle Abe's cautionary fable about how those who do not BREED are losers, just like the self-absorbed insular galactichomos.
BREED
EVEN THE FATTY GOT A QT CHUBBY WIFE

I know this is bait, but I've seen people who still like this shitshow and its shit girl a year after it aired, so I'll still say it. Only normalniggers who've never seen more than five anime think DitFlop was good. Shit should've just ended at episode 15.

Attached: kot has no mouth and he must scream.png (512x512, 515K)

>wanting to ruin a perfect body with scars and have a leech waking you up at 3am everyday while shitting and pissing itself
Pregnancy fetishists are deranged.

Not even best girl. Pic related.
What is Michlan doing lately post franxx?

Attached: 1528252789138.jpg (2000x7885, 2.93M)

>ruin a perfect body
>leech

homosexuality is a sin, user

So.yniggers like you are the ones breeding, you should fit perfectly in there.
Humanity is corrupted, we are making God sad by breeding.

I miss 02 and Hiro.

Just stop at episode 15 or 16.

Attached: 1522546269742.jpg (1474x907, 118K)

I Wonder if faggot OP would stop making threads if manga got axed. Probably not. Also ignore this thread and shit show, unless you want to fuel OP's obsession with this series and maybe your own as well

>one year later the memory of zero tsu still burns bright in the hearts and minds of fans everywhere
No, it’s not, a couple of faggots like you try to start threads about it, which never hit bump limit, have very little unique IPs, half of which are just anons shitting on it and the other half are retarded waifufags/shitposters. Go back to pleddit already

she deserved better

A bad ending does not invalidate all of the good things the anime did.

Attached: 1556380564447.jpg (725x469, 97K)

I guess you were right. Next Two posts were just that.
Posts that prove the point. Is there a board where we could dump all these shit coping circlejerk threads?

>Illya.webm
Great, now I'm obligated to post this one.
And now this thread has been guaranteed to shit up the board for another 100 posts. Sasuga.

sage

Attached: dr gilgamesh.webm (854x480, 1.29M)

Why did they die... I miss them :(

Attached: hiro-zero-tsu.jpg (960x1031, 125K)

Darling in the Franxx was a really heatwarming and wholesome show. The people who nitpick it are autists who have trouble enjoying things

Attached: Capture.png (399x229, 6K)

Unironicly best boy

Attached: 1520006510173.jpg (630x604, 58K)

FranXX was trash from the start. If you disagree you're a normalfag.

false

>pleasekillthisfatguy.png
Picture of real life Goro, real life Hiro and real life Futoshi at an autograph session?

wat do

The only good thing about that trainwreck was shitposting.

Attached: 1556443735015.png (1194x673, 798K)

>not watching it along with Yea Forums

Missed opportunity desu

You meant to post this in a VEG thread or something?

Attached: 1532212778355.png (1021x1035, 1.33M)

The show ends at episode 15.

Attached: 1533476341285.jpg (735x680, 105K)

>mean score 8.71
Oh I am laughing.

>Objectively false
romance aspect is good if you are either a teen, a retard or a psychologist observing the idea of romance in japaneese culture.

>8.71
Based shit eater.

>mal score as an argument
So this is the power of franxfags

Attached: 1556444567866.jpg (1920x1080, 567K)

I've only rated 7 shows, either 10 or 1. I don't care to rate unless I either love or hate something.

I don't know why you needed to make 3 posts but the pic was for this
>Only normalniggers who've never seen more than five anime think DitFlop was good.

Hey, I generally use MAL scores as an argument: The higher it is for an anime, the more likely that anime is shit. If something has a score greater than 8.0, it's practically guaranteed to be worthless.

Works pretty reliably. Last time I went through their "Top-100", only about 20 were "okay", with maybe a handful I'd call genuinely good.
First one I'd call okay is HxH (2011, the slightly worse of its two adaptations) on 5. First one I'D call good is Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi on 19.

who knew it was shit all along

Attached: Capture.png (1051x463, 375K)

>in the year 2015
WHEEEZINGLAUGHTER.JPG PLEASE CALL 911

Attached: 1529819927326.gif (264x248, 959K)

Not him, but NGE really wasn't all that great outside of a few episodes, or at the very least the rest of them haven't aged well. I won't deny its influence on the industry, but the content itself is pretty boring.

I watched the whole thing drunk and it was fine.

I agree with you, but I used Eva because it's the most fellated show on this board bar none

Where's Getter Robo when you really need to fuck dinosaurs?

i'm currently reading it and i don't if the anime reach a conclusion before the manga. I honestly don't like it so far. looks like its just romance with mecha thrown in. I don't like how there is love triangles everywhere and it shaping to up to have NTR everwhere.

>If something has a score greater than 8.0, it's practically guaranteed to be worthless.
>7.55
Lol, looks like your metric holds up

I also agree. I never really saw the appeal. The music was nice, gundams are cool and all but they just aren't my thing

Attached: Capture.png (349x376, 214K)

I'd put Evangelion under the "okayish" to "somewhat good" category. Like I said, about a fifth of the top-100 are in there - and Evangelion isn't even in the top-200.
You might even call it outright good, and it definitely is entertaining, but it's not as perfect as people make it out to be.

By the way: MAL also has an enormous bias towards popular anime. It rarely rates on merit. Which is why big names and seasonal successes end up higher on the list than lesser known things. Without the "10 because it's a classic" votes, EVA would be nowhere near that 8.33 score.

The manga came after, so it is probably going to be a lot better

Attached: time to browse a.gif (478x360, 1.36M)

You don't seem to get how logic works: Just because most things over 8 are shit, that doesn't mean that there isn't any shit below 8.
It's just a statistical analysis of empirical evidence that I find that the density of bad anime gets higher proportional to how highly rated on MAL it is.
The main point is: MAL scores are a bad metric for how good something is (if you apply them traditionally) and work way better in reverse.

yeah it’s actually the best girls EVA unit

Attached: 2A95E0F5-B390-4EC0-8F26-D19269FAF8C7.png (341x1000, 242K)

>Just because blah blah blah
I was only half serious. I don't care what any show is rated by anybody. None of that matters to me.

it's a boys EVA too

Attached: asuka bonk.gif (500x341, 519K)

>I don't care what any show is rated by anybody.
Good. Because that's actually the point I was also making. Make up your own mind and then laugh about how inaccurate "public opinion" is.

feet!

Attached: 1520114958334.png (1280x720, 530K)

god I wish that were me also nice digits

Attached: 5AE3A9CB-7B74-4DA6-B3E4-54F0E8C7A346.jpg (1440x1080, 924K)

>slightly
Even without any comparison it is mediocre at best anyway.

and yourself user

Attached: asuka shinji.gif (544x384, 501K)

>Mikufags
>her character literally does nothing except act tsundere and contributes nothing to the plot
>discount Asuka
>relationship with Zoromeme doesn't really go anywhere not even in the 10 years after epilogue.
>that one potentially interesting moment when she finds the photo of oldP13 and realizes her own mortality was given to Mitsuru and Kokoro in the manga
I can see the appeal of 02, Kokorofags and even Strawberrryfags, but she's literally a pointless character. Not that fatty and the lesbian are any better.

Attached: miku.jpg (800x4000, 601K)

>trips responding to trips
yeah this is an Asuka thread now

Attached: FF0AC035-9FBD-4B8C-BBDE-38A9C7981D18.jpg (279x304, 16K)

>I can see the appeal [...] Kokorofags
I was with you until that point, user.
(And, hey, at least Miku has a great design and is somewhat fun.)

but her design is cute.

Yes, but what's her point? She does fuck all.

if you're gonna acronym it, DitF is much better and clearer
though DariFran is the obviously superior choice for nonplebs

>DariFran
Lactose intolerance in the franxx

You know that Asuka herself would say that you are pathetic right?

Ok I'll prove it to you (you absolutely pathetic scumbag)

What's Asuka's favourite colour?
(Hint she hates red)

Based Mahoposter.

>DariFran
It's DarliFra. That's the actual official abbreviation they used on twitter.

>Yes, but what's her point?
What's the point of anything in Franxx? Let's be honest here: There was no internal consistency to its writing at all. Miku was nice to look at and more or less entertaining. That's more than you can say for half of the cast, including the MC.

It was too cute and heartwarming.
I expected something more NGE but instead we got lovey dovey.

0/10

It was a cartoon about a boy falling in love with a monster girl and saving the world. The writing was consistent with that.

>ITT: newfag get's buttblasted

Attached: 1251166169151.jpg (641x480, 40K)

>kot has no mouth and he must scream.png
YAMERO

Attached: 1528362985945.png (445x486, 139K)

obviously blue because her and rei are good friends

Attached: DD0DCB33-4F94-4D75-92A1-4DC23918FF7F.jpg (1578x2354, 1008K)

>boy falling in love with a monster girl
>writing was consistent with that
Lots of episodes had no bearing on that "plot" (can hardly be called that) whatsoever.
Or what did the 3-episode-long "MitsuKoko" arc contribute to it? Or the jobber-squad. Or the space-alien-invasion shit?
Franxx was all over the place. Miku really was the least offender.

Can't tell if netflix shill or ironic shitposter or Yea ForumsEG-table

>Zorome initially likes Kokoro the most because big titties and sweet girl personality vs Miku who's always giving him trouble
>Miku sees Ichigo as her rival but is secretly tsun-gay for her
>initial pairings Hiro+02, Goro+Ichigo, Zorome+Kokoro and Mitsuru+Miku
We'd lose nothing.

Attached: ichigo sip.jpg (313x363, 23K)

I haven't seen a single episode of this show yet I masturbated to this semen demon hundreds of times
This is peak female beauty

Attached: perfection_01.png (940x1080, 855K)

Yes you're right (aoi/ocean blue green to be specific)
But don't go telling those Asuka fags

die yurinigger

>clearly popular opinion is wrong and my elitism is the only thing that matters

Asukafriends deserve to know. Don’t you think it’s time someone’s told them?

>my elitism is the only thing that matters
It's called "forming your own opinion". If you consider that elitism and rather let others decide for you what you have to like, be my guest.

Oh, and next time you're sick, don't consult a doctor: That'd be elitist. Try to ask a huge number of laymen about your health problems. I'm sure that a representative poll amongst them will give you a much better solution than one expert could.

you're tattling on yourself user. "my opinion is better than anyone else's" is the definition of elitism

Attached: asuka upset.jpg (1440x1080, 814K)

Japanese "romance" is literally the worst.

well it's my opinion that your opinion is shit. see how that works? yeeesh, anything over an 8.0 is terrible? what the fuck do you even watch? do you even like anime? or are you just clown tryin to make me booboo the fool here huh? I pity your bloodline user, may you never breed on my earth and pollute it with your awful genes more then it's already been soiled by your mere presence.

I love this semen demon. She carried this entire trainwreck of a show by herself.

Attached: 1518947191072.png (600x550, 85K)

>no horns
how the fuck am I meant to masturbate to this

It’s a metaphor for you needing to be self sufficient and get horny on your own

>"my opinion is better than anyone else's"
No one in here said that, retard. But if you think that an average score calculated from mass opinion on some website that considers itself an authority on that shit, you are clearly delusional.
If your taste happens to align with MAL, for whatever reason, good for you. But you might be a bit shallow.

What an accurate display of how MALtards think and argue.

I disagree. The story was very good for 3/4s of it. People felt like there could be a classic in the making.

so what do you think is a good anime then mr. badass anime guy

Attached: n.png (725x469, 233K)

Where did you think it was going? I watched it recently so I knew it was gonna end at 24 episodes, which kinda put a limit on my expectations.

Why should I help them?
They only seem interested in creating "Asuka is made for gangbangs" threads.
Just yesterday we had an Asukafag creating thread after thread without worth and then samefaging it up with the same ip adress

Oh, there are many good anime. What you or me personally consider "good" or even "great" depends on the writing, the filmmaking aspects, whether we consider non-original anime at all or how we relate them to their source material. Depending on how we weight all those aspects against each other, we might get different definitions. Personal history also plays a role: Nostalgia is a legitimate factor for why you might find something better than it is on a technical level.
Last but not least, I think the best metric is whether an anime (or any piece of art, really) achieved what it set out to do. We should try to judge it on that.

As for what I find good ... well, I've said before in this thread that I like "Sen to Chihiro", even though it's not among my absolute favourites.
If you want one of those ... I guess the one things in my favourites where you can see best how everything I just wrote in the first paragraph applies is "Urotsukidouji". Great writing that added a lot to the source material, incredible design, cinematography, editing and so on. A fair bit of nostalgia. And definitely delivered on its themes.

>They only seem interested in creating "Asuka is made for gangbangs" threads.
Are they really asukafags then? Sounds like reiniggers in my humble opinion senpai

you are dodging the real question mother fucker

what do you like?

>"Urotsukidouji".
never mind this man likes tentacle rape by allah he is a heathen and should not be listened to on what good anime is.

>what do you like?
Did you even read my post, retard? Or are you just too dumb to understand full sentences?
I gave you the names of two things I like, one of them I called a favourite of mine and argued for why that is. How is that "dodging the question"?

Attached: see what you want to see.jpg (959x690, 99K)

>this man likes tentacle rape
Seems you missed the point of that anime. Probably never seen it, have you?

i mean i did, and then i looked up that second one.
you forfeited your right to having an opinion on anything.

Why would anybody care about 02 when based Fujimoto is writing a manga with a better version?

Attached: 1548091121695.jpg (358x601, 48K)

>then i looked up that second one.
What "second one". The second OVA? It's still part of the series as a whole, as are number three and four.
Anyway, if "tentacle rape" is all you got out of it, it seems as if your familiarity with it is limited to the parts of it you've seen on porn sites. If you look at what I've written, you'll see that I don't consider its sex scenes a deciding factor in why it is good.

uh huh. so that's what we're going with, huh?

And I say it was extremely disappointing and ultimately mediocre.

Attached: Capture.png (97x61, 1K)

Attached: 1555067876429.gif (480x270, 1.59M)

Well, you're the retard who thought I was dodging the question by answering it and then proceeded to show that your understanding of what a good anime is is limited to whether or not it has specific kinds of hentai in it.

Am I really the retard here, or are you just a nasty person decrying popular opinion while jacking off to hentai from the 90's and claiming you watch it for the plot.

Like NGE with despair.
Instead it was more of a TTGL treatment and it didn't work to DitF favour. While I think the alien move was always there, the way it was done made it a bit too sweet and comfy compared to the rest of the show which was bleak and horrific. The aliens needed to be more like the Alien series xenomorphs or something. And there needed to be FAR more collateral or failure. Otherwise it just comes across as a bit deus ex and less "we're fighting for our survival".

NGE does that very well. The aliens are overpowering and horrifying.
TTGL's ending only worked for it as it was never that serious of a show - it was slightly comic.
Franxx took a thrilling drama and turned it into a mere romance which was odd.

i

>Am I really the retard here
Yes. Again: You thought that answering the question counted as dogding it. That's pretty retarded, if you ask me.

no, what's retarded is posting obscure ass hentai and expecting people to know what it is.

I think you’re both pretty retarded honestly

It's probably same shitposter.

>obscure ass hentai
>expecting people to know what it is
How is it my fault that you don't know what I'm talking about? You never made it a condition that I limit myself to things you know. Give me your shortlist of anime you are actually familiar with and I'll tell you which one of those I liked best.

I guess you have a point. Might be that what they were going for was making the mood of the show directly linked to the progress of the main romance plot.

how about you say something from the last 20 years you fucking geezer

> What you or me personally consider "good" or even "great" depends on the writing, the filmmaking aspects, whether we consider non-original anime at all or how we relate them to their source material.
There are few anime reviews for this, that's why Yea Forums is interesting because when it legitimately get's interested in shows it's very good at taking shows apart and finding out why it worked or didn't. That's only if we start looking into shows like we do with NGE constantly. When Franxx was airing, there was a lot of this because we could tell the show was really onto something.
I think until recently Hollywood reviews were very good at doing this for Hollywood movies. What the fuck happened though? They're pure shill machines now.

I don't really know what was happening with SSSS.Gridman though. I think that was a mess from the start even though it seemed to listen to what went well with Franxx and what didn't.
I think it's sad Trigger are taking an arrow to the knee when they were just metamorphosing into a seriously interesting studio. Like early Gainax (Gunbuster, Nadia, etc).

Romance is great when done on the Titanic.
Romance is not great when the Titanic successful travels to America and avoids the iceburg.

Asuka is mentally ill as demonstrated by this gif.

>Yea Forums hates Franxx
>but likes TTGL even though it's the same exact shit
Nice doubles standards.

That would be pretty hilarious.

>evangelion character is mentally ill
really makes you think

...Obviously? Not even Asukafags dispute this

It's a fake enjoyable timeflop which will be forcefully remembered.

Attached: 1549681132296.png (1181x1200, 446K)

>Show introduces dark, traumatic themes for several secondary characters
>Abandons them 1-2 episodes later

This show's ideas had a lot of potential energy, but not a lot of kinetic energy

>Romance is great when done on the Titanic.
Not really. I always skip forward to the scene where the guy falls and hits the propeller.

DitF was all about love and marriage and babbys and yet it didn't have a My Wife Is The Best In The Universe Swing.

2025 Yea Forums will love franxx because there will be some new anime to shit on while saying how franxx did it better. That is, of course if the board survives that long.

They like TTGL because it's chuuni comedy bullshit and hate Franxx because it reminds them of the hot female cosplayers who won't have sex with their gross Cheeto virgin asses, and also of the time their sister got knocked up and had to crowdfund an abortion

>moving goalposts
Well, seems you're not interesting in an honest, open debate. Go back to MAL, please.

Attached: get_out.gif (418x734, 273K)

Yea Forums will probably be shut down for legal reasons at some point. Too many criminals and extremists associated with this site over the years, like the serial killer who posted timestamped pictures of his victims on Yea Forums

if that's what you call goalposts then it's no wonder why you never played college ball, y'know?

>of course if the board survives that long
D-don't say things like that user

That sounds oddly specific, user.

>Yea Forums will shut down
w-where do we go then

Attached: BB68B4CE-B32F-478D-AF22-D702CC727AC6.png (1080x1080, 1.08M)

>Not really. I always skip forward to the scene where the guy falls and hits the propeller.

Attached: man_of_culture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Not even that similar. TTGL was very comic. Franxx was super serious and horrific.

It was more similar to NGE.

>Too many criminals and extremists associated with this site over the years
Please don't call the owner and the moderation team "criminals". Even though it's most probably true.

I doubt the deep state would shut down it's assets.

>implying it was fun to watch with Yea Forums
truly the WORST time to be on Yea Forums, it was literal forced trainwreck, when in reality it was just boring as shit and stupid.

Attached: [FFF] Kakumeiki Valvrave - 15 [BD][1080p-FLAC][533C7E95][00:04:33]001.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

If Yea Forums ever discusses DitF in a good light I will shake your hand, pat you on the back and give you all the special stickers, but DitF is more likely going to be forgotten by that time with threads like these

I disagree, it needs examination for what it could have done to be perfect.

It did some of the details very well though. It also had far more symbolism than most anime today. And people noticed it too. That was the weird part.

Yeah it will keep you enertained, even if the ending is weak. If you get attached to the characters, check out the manga, which is on track to have a better ending

Remind me why Valvrave was bad again. I remember dropping it but I'm not sure why.

>one year later the memory of Mitsuru and Kokoro still burns bright in the hearts and minds of fans everywhere

Attached: 1554604314784.png (1280x720, 527K)

>which is on track to have a better ending
How so?

>super serious and horrific

Attached: 1464066618505.gif (266x207, 260K)

>the memory of Mitsuru and Kokoro still burns
Yes, it still feels as if a burning cigarette is pressed against your forehead.

That Romance was the worst part of the series and was so oddly written. Why did they zap their minds? And why was that tool not used in any way other than "woah look we zapped their minds because they discovered love"?

It wasn't bad, it was fun. cannot say the same about Franxx.

Attached: 213543.jpg (768x864, 87K)

I was though. It wasn't comic at all. And it had a really interesting and graphic setting that was constructed. When they went inside the dome and discovered that everyone was a lobotimised zombie and that they were mere military pawns, it was almost matrix like. Furthermore it was different to say Attack on Titan where you know the civilians were at least people. Franxx seemed more like slaves fighting for essentially a zombie human race.

That was the best part of this show by far. You barely see anime doing stuff like that today.
It was beyond sci-fi/thriller and potentially push the show into horror or psychological genres. I really liked that part of Franxx and that was the hook that made me watch the series.

Franxx wasn't really fun in that way because it seemed like a psychological horror for most of the series. Only at the end did it become "fun" and that ruined the show.
It was also well executed for most of the show.

>You barely see anime doing stuff like that today.

Attached: [Dekinai] Soukyuu No Fafner Dead Aggressor; Exodus - 04 [41E1B2CB][00:07:28]001.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

>one year later the memory of Mitsuru and Kokoro still burns bright in the hearts and minds of fans everywhere
Because they had the best ending.

Attached: Dyu5M2bUwAAoLhU.jpg (900x1200, 76K)

I did say barely. I didn't say never.

Exactly, that was where Franxx had a lot of potential energy, it just needed to convert that into good kinetic energy

It's diverging greatly from the original shows plot, the Klaxosaur princess and the Alpha and Delta look to be more important characters, and it seems to be setting up for a rebellion plot, instead of alien garbage. And the art style looks better.

Attached: 1554577072897.png (822x1200, 815K)

>it seemed like a psychological horror for most of the series
It really didn't though. If you thought that was seriously 'psychological horror' you need to really watch more anime.
It was a poorly constructed setting and premise which decided to focus on garbage character drama and relationship bullshit for its entirety. It didn't even have the courage to kill off any main characters.
Also
>Only at the end did it become "fun" and that ruined the show.
No it didn't there was nothing fun about anything in Franxx. The ending asspull just revealed how shitty the writing and planning for the show actually was.

Attached: [xPearse] Infinite Ryvius - Sere 01 [English Sub] [Dual-Audio] [720p][00:09:19]001.png (958x720, 624K)

>and it seems to be setting up for a rebellion plot

So in other words where we were led to believe the anime was going early on

Cutekoro is Kokocute

Attached: Kokoro(Cute).png (773x1168, 358K)

>rebellion plot, instead of alien garbage
It should have both. The rebellion should be because the zombie state simply agrees with the will of the aliens.

>If you thought that was seriously 'psychological horror' you need to really watch more anime.
How is it not?
It's literally questioning what we assume about our own society in many ways. And it questions what it means to be human.

I think you believe in memes too much user.

But the aliens were in control of their society, so it ended up being a rebellion.
It needed to be more grounded though, it was a little too deus ex alien tier and not "hostile parasite to humanity" tier.

Just a reminder, that Futoshi was a mistake and should have never happend. He only dragged the quality down, triggered countless people and almost ruined Kokoro's character with his sperging (thanks writers). He has least fanart and relevancy, specially after partner switch. Became almost non-existent. His VA got fired from his company, not even his creators like him and some MGTOW try to defend him for being their self-insert stand-in. DitF would have been way better without him and if P90-kun or just about anyone took his place.

If you are gonna make fat character, then commit to it and don't make him ugly fatass with awful personality that no one can like. Except incels of course, because his their "literally me" I hope there will never be character like him again, god some of those threads were awful. Never again a nice guy/fat user as main character. They clearly don't work

Attached: Fatass triggered.jpg (800x450, 21K)

Absolutely based
newfags BTFO

Not true, threads were most entertaining to shitpost in, especially live threads.

Attached: 1528119824957.jpg (848x808, 171K)

>Futoshi was a mistake
Futoshi obviously was Imaishi's self-insert. And Imaishi obviously hates himself.

but user, that's why his character is so great

Indeed, top cute. Too good for the series. With that Hayamin voice and Hatoko design it was instant 10/10 for me. Shame she got screwed over by the writers like the other characters. Kokoro's romance with Mitsuru was also rushed when they had 11/10 cute scenes before time-skip. Sigh, well at least she didn't have to marry the fatass. Maybe manga can fix her development (and already is)?

Attached: 0Xfo7GNd_400x400.jpg (212x212, 8K)

OVA when?

Attached: 1520612591297.gif (960x540, 2.75M)

She's doing a lot more in the manga, so that's a good sign that she'll get better development. Its a shame to see such a perfect character ruined by poor writing.

Attached: 1553375994779.jpg (600x800, 550K)

What part? Is there something to like about him? Besides him triggering basically everyone, feminists, fat people, shippers, incels, lonely otakus and so on...? Why would you make a character that basically exists to be hated or controversial? Only people that might actually like him for who he is are Bara fans. Rest are using him as tool to be their stand-in so they can hide behind him. It was fun at first seeing people got BTFO'd hard, but it got more annoying as weeks went by. People say Ichigo backslash was worse. But I would say him getting NTR'd was one the worst butthurt events in anime history

>perfect character ruined by poor writing
The writing is what makes her character, user.
You can argue that her character design was wastes on the character she ended up being. Or that her character archetype had more potential. You'd be right about both of those things. But you can't argue that she was written worse than she was written.

What if they make a sequel where they have to redo all the things they just did?
Assuming Eva doesn't do this or it would be plagiarism.

Charlemagne-kun proves you are objectively wrong

Attached: Wedding Crashers.jpg (1012x1500, 323K)

True, had the writers done better job with the partner switch the backslash wouldn't have been as bad. Some fatties would have still got angry that their self-insert kun was denied, but others would have been fine with it that she went with person she liked more. But I guess "muh drama" was more important. Here's how you could have easily fixed partner switch:

>1 - Don't make Kokoro promise to Futoshi (the easy one)
>2 - Make her visibly disgusted or uncomfortable around him by his advances
>3 - Show their low sync rate to justify the partner switch in the first place
>4 - Maybe show her get along better with Mitsuru like in the manga

Because in the anime it went like this: No problems with his partner, Kokoro was fine with it. Only changed partners because Mitsuru was sick and motherly instinct kicked in, maybe liked him but mostly worry, so she left her basically good partner for no reason. It felt so forced and unnatural, like it had to happen for the sake of plot.
One thing that was funny though, is how she was almost 3 times more satisfied with Mitsuru on their first try. How much did she hate being with Futoshi?

Attached: 1521919082329.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

I totally agree that this relationship was the problematic point for Franxx. Most of the show outside of this was a lot better done, but this relationship was really odd to watch.

>this relationship was one of many problematic points for Franxx
Ftfy.

O ye, of little faith.

I don't think it was that bad. Only a couple things need adjustment.

Fucking this

Attached: 1552508070156.png (2484x1652, 3.05M)

Well, I absolutely loved the visual side of the Franxx and the character designs so of course I liked Mitsuru and Kokoro together for their looks. But there was the break between eps 12-15 where they barely talked and next one after mindwipe from ep 19 to 22. They didn't really interact much as couples, only when plot allowed. Most happend off-screen or Mitsuru was just quiet, because it was his character. Which is shame. because all the fanart and Mato comics were top tier that showed more aspects to their relationship.

Like mother Koro being dom and all "ara ara" and Mitsuru being bashful and a bit overprotective of her which was kinda cute. In my mind the fanart and canon are already kinda two seperate things, because OH BOY...the writing and pacing of the story. Sorry Franxxfags, but the story was really bad. Like some are blinded by the waifufagging, I'm probably blinded by the couples.

Attached: 0d25bb70a893404ed23537a6a727f77f.jpg (564x1027, 90K)

>1 - Don't make Kokoro promise to Futoshi (the easy one)
They had to write this in, because Mitsuru's main issue with distrust was the broken promise with Hiro.
Kokoro essentially had to break a promise to show Mitsuru that people do it because they're 'not perfect'.
It's also important to emphasize on Mitsuru's hero worship on Hiro, because it showed how much of a messiah figure Hiro was back at the garden, that the broken promise had so much impact on Mitsuru.
I won't argue it's the best the writers could come up with, but these are side characters so they're probably not as thought as well as the main couple.

She enjoys watching her boyfriend fuck other females

I've watched DitF with Yea Forums and I honestly can't say a single good thing about it and I thought about it for quite some time
you could only like the show if you have less than 5 shows under your belt or if you're underage
even the bad parts were forgettable, I wouldn't remember watching it when asked if not for this thread

The mindwash should have happened immediately when there were inferences of sexual interest. I think this relationship (which is to be treated differently by the society than with zero two and darling's relationship which had strategic importance) killed the orwellian atmosphere of the show. The relationship should have had the state crack down on it from early on to symbolise it's stranglehold on any "new life" that begins to flourish.

>When they went inside the dome and discovered that everyone was a lobotimised zombie and that they were mere military pawns, it was almost matrix like. Furthermore it was different to say Attack on Titan where you know the civilians were at least people. Franxx seemed more like slaves fighting for essentially a zombie human race.
The thing is, it was made really obvious from the start. Maybe it's because I watched the show in a few days, but if this was the whole plot it would seem pretty empty.

>these are side characters so they're probably not as thought as well as the main couple.
Why did they dedicate multiple episodes on those side-characters ultimately irrelevant plot though?
And would you really consider Hiro and 02 and their clichéed relationship "well thought out"?

First 15 episodes were great then it hyper space jumped every shark in the galaxy.

Attached: If only you knew.jpg (1440x810, 158K)

>Mitsuru's main issue with distrust was the broken promise with Hiro
Which is kinda funny, because even Mitsurus reason was pretty shallow even with the Injection. The way Kokoro broke her promise after 5 minutes was unnatural and stupid. I already thought that writing of episode 8 was pretty stupid, but they just topped it again and again.

It's really is frustrating, because I really liked the world and the characters at the beginning, but to see what happened to it. I just want to forget at this point. It didn't bother me as much when the show was airing with all the memes and fanart, but without them this show is pretty much nothing. Just a shallow corpse of TTGL and Evangelion.

honestly who the fuck keeps making these posts and perpetuating the meme that franxx is a "modern classic"

I don't see what's wrong with any of that. She was clearly showing interest in Mitsuru, it was a realistically cunty move.

It truly is a mystery.

Attached: 1526173771718.png (1280x1440, 2.21M)

Wanna know why? Because at earlier stages of the production (alpha phase) Mitsukoko wasn't event meant to happen. Then the staff and Nishigori became to like the idea of them getting together and Mitsuru and Kokoro basically became the secondary protagonists of the 2nd cour. Need evidence? All the screen time, merchandise, interviews and magazine pages dedicated for them. For reference, Mitsuru was the only boy to get to the posters besides Hiro (who was the MC). I'm not sure about this, but it felt like they became the staff pets which is funny, because how they were written. Mitsuru was pretty beta and Kokoro was just borderline Yandere crazy. Doesn't help that both were one of the worst pilots in the show. Seriously, Franxx pilots are one of the weakest mecha pilots in any show ever.

I wonder if there would be less backlash if they just had a battle against the ayy government on/around earth.

>Why did they dedicate multiple episodes on those side-characters ultimately irrelevant plot though?
As strange as this may sound, not everyone watched the show for 02. Those side characters have their own fans and would love to see their story unfold, even if it contributes little to the overall plot.
>And would you really consider Hiro and 02 and their clichéed relationship "well thought out"? Frankly, I'm not really a fan of Hir02, 02 herself yes, but not the relationship, if that makes sense. I have more things to nitpick in their relationship I'd rather not do.

I figured it'd be some kind of kid rebellion

Attached: 1518287784246.png (600x616, 277K)

>ywn be Kokoro
>ywn have your own fertility cult
Its not fair

Attached: 1546496758525.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

I expected they would clash with the zombie government, and the idea of them being ayy invaders did occur as a possibility. Really I think the wormhole thing overdid it a bit, but I wasn't as shocked or thrown off by any of it as many here seem to have been. But I binged through the show in a few days, so I guess I didn't have time to get attached to my pet theories and could remember things like the council talking about leaving their cages more clearly

Good times.

Attached: 1526214807483.jpg (1280x1440, 417K)

It's an anime on par with the like off valvrave and guilty crown
Funny to watch and shitpost about while forcing a trainwreck but it's actually garbage.

>even if it contributes little to the overall plot.
But that's the point: Why not make them relevant? Why not at least connect them to the underlying themes of the story or try to give them a theme of their own that adds to the main themes?
Why not use them to, don't know, contrast or forshadow something?
What we got was just three episodes of "and then this happened".

>02 herself yes, but not the relationship, if that makes sense.
It does make sense. Some stretches felt as if all her character was was a Macguffin for the relationship. But, unlike Hiro, she did have potential to be an actual character in her own right, not just a tool for artificial drama and forced (empty) plot development.

Shoulda ended on 15

Attached: 20190412_170833.jpg (933x2048, 667K)

>Which is kinda funny, because even Mitsurus reason was pretty shallow even with the Injection.
That injection only had 15% success. Mitsuru basically played a russian roulette. Of course he'd be pissed that Hiro forgot. And he's still a young boy, their psyche are more frail at that age. Again, I don't think it's the best the writers could come up with, but ehh.
>The way Kokoro broke her promise after 5 minutes was unnatural and stupid.
We're beating a dead horse, but for old times sake yeah...she shouldn't have broken a promise that way, but given her circumstances, it's like a once in a lifetime chance that probably won't happen again, so she didn't stop to think about anything else, but to seize that moment. One could argue that there had been enough time to discuss with Futoshi, but at that time, she didn't know Mitsuru and Ikuno were going to switch. She won't dream of disrupting another pair just so she could get Mitsuru, it was only when Ikuno basically 'set Mitsuru free' that Kokoro saw her opportunity.

Well the matrix was obvious to viewers before it was obvious to Neo. What was interesting was how the characters discovered that and how they reacted to it.
Then they needed to entertain that aspect of Franxx by connecting it more to the plot. It almost felt like it was thrown in and pretty much irrelevant by the end of the show.

>And would you really consider Hiro and 02 and their clichéed relationship "well thought out"?
It wasn't that cliché. I thought it was very interesting to have that in the context it was in. But then it turned into deus ex machina and that was when it got silly.

Yeah, I can see that. I guess the show could have done better job explaining that by getting Kokoro's inner monologue or showing that she didn't have choice before. I just wish so much of it hadn't been left for the viewer, because it made arguments hell to guess what the characters were thinking. I just wanted to enjoy Mitsurus and Kokoros relationship in peace since from episode 7, but NTR and shitposting almost ruined everything.

Else than that, yeah I also thought she changed because it was Kokoros only chance at getting to be with Mitsuru and injection for young people woud have been more meaningful. For some though, it made Mitsuru look like butthurt twat for no good reason (which he was for most of the time). Making Hiros betrayal worse, would have justified it better, but well... show is over already. I enjoyed some parts of it, but couples were the juice of it. Mecha action not so much

>Why not use them to, don't know, contrast or forshadow something?
Mitsukoko was a pair meant to contrast Hir02. If this was done effectively, it's up to the viewer. I think it only resulted to some fans hating Mitsukoko because they got the ending Hir02 didn't. They were the human counterpart, as already noted, they were the worst pilots, didn't kill Klaxxosaurs as much as the others did, which ultimately turned out to be um, ironic? Because the Klaxxosaurs were actually the good guys. In contrast, Hir02 were the best pilots, OP even, and thus were 'punished' by reincarnation shit. Ughh. I should stop. Now, I feel bad.

I thought that would be the case with the second half of the series being a timeshift or something and a new phase of the show with this, basically like NGE. Essentially, the first battle of the show would have been trying to secure the society from invader control, then the second phase would be to eliminate their threat to earth but around earth.
Instead they jumped straight into invading the alien fleet.... which assumes they all just fucked off from Earth with no attempt to retake control.

Hir02 should have been the only allowable relationship. The society went limp wristed with their "crackdown" on Mitsukoko. That should have happened far earlier in the series and should have created a hell of a lot more consequences.
Hell, I'm surprised they were alive by the end of the series.

>Mitsukoko was a pair meant to contrast Hir02.
They weren't really a contrast though. They had the same stupid "maniac obsession" and "codependency" stuff going on. They had the same "unorganically falling in love" development. The same forced outcome (relationship-wise, not the surviving or sacrificing part, obviously).

If anything could have served as a contrast, it'd be the Ichigo/Goro relationship. And that one mostly happened offscreen between the finale and the epilogue. But, really that relationship wasn't that well thought out either: Goro did nothing that we've seen that would realistically make Ichigo fall for him eventually. It also felt forced.

When hasn't trigger/A-1 show went off the rails in the 2nd cour (or last 8-11 episodes)? See: Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Aldnoah Zero, Franxx. All had one thing in common: Vastly superior/more fun first cour/15 episodes and then aliens and whatever bullshit they can come up with. When will Japanese learn to do endings? I'm not saying these shows were masterpieces though. Just enjoyable trash or fun. Gurren Lagann and KLK were pretty good though. Franxx was just cliche fest with barely any mecha action

Smol Mitsuru a cute

Attached: mitsuru-young--76.2.jpg (210x240, 19K)

>Those side characters have their own fans and would love to see their story unfold, even if it contributes little to the overall plot.
It should have been beheaded earlier and more dramitically to emphasise the shocking nature of their society. Instead they were given far too much wriggle room, like they were free to do whatever really. That felt like a massive juxtaposition to the fact that the rest of human society couldn't even properly emote about things.

>Why not use them to, don't know, contrast or forshadow something?
So much this. But I disagree they needed more time. The crackdown on their relationship should have been tormenting to not only the crew, but humanity's survival.

Notice how most of those had happy endings. NGE, in comparison, has a tormenting ending.
All those shows could use that.

Every couple ended up being forced, except Zoromiku, which had every reason to happen but didn't.

Very true, sadly. It's as if they tried writing the worst love story ever written. Or maybe they had watched the finale to "How I met your mother" and thought: "Yeah, we can do character development worse than that!"

Well, I certainly didn't enjoy ditf for its tragedy. But yes I understand what you mean, for a dystopian world, they should have been harsher, just to emphasize the brutality of the world they live in, just how fleeting their lives really were. Instead, we had a 'feel good' anime that didn't even deliver that for the main couple.

I read domestic gf this week and watched the anime yesterday and I‘m outraged at how rushed it was

I wish we got to see alpha cuckquean 02

Attached: 20190426_060140.png (1908x1080, 1.22M)

zero tsu is for ichigo only.

Attached: 72649259_p0.png (1071x1143, 799K)

I'm not a /u/fag, but this would unironically have made for a better pairing than those we got. At least they had SOME kind of dynamic between them.

I kinda liked it

The majority of the cast was a mistake given the direction they decided to go in the end.

Attached: 1539639033923.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

02 and her femdom appeal was all that carried the show, the moment that ended, the show went to shit.

The whole thing sucked. It was utterly stupid from start to finish, and people only make excuses for it because they beat off to the girls.

Sadly this is true, Yuri would have been hot and justifiable, specially when the boys are like this:
>Hiro - Talentless generic harem protagonist
>Zorome - Childish loud shounen protagonist and manlet
>Mitsuru - Beta doormat bitch and before that asshole jerk
>Goro - Based bro and only voice of reason
>Fatass - Fat ugly Cucked incel

Some great boys there to choose from.

Good point. Only the fat guy had a personality, the rest of the male cast were boring.

>02 and her femdom appeal was all that carried the show

Attached: bait or just retarded.png (531x529, 35K)

To be fair, the entire female cast were bitches and whores.

Personality? Well, not a good one if your personality is getting angry at your best friend and chad who stole your GF and being all "Muh Kokoro" and "Dont eat my food, Hiro". So you could say he had personality indeed, that one of a glutton and pervert that is. The rest of the time he was just triggered at Mitsuru, Papa and whatever.

Feel free to pretend it wasn't, won't change a thing. What was it that carried it if not 02? The ghastly mecha designs? The McDonalds Evangelion monster designs? The amazing side characters?

No, don't bother unless you want to stop in the "middle" (episode 15) like other people are suggesting. After that it all goes down hill. Slowly at first, you may even think it'll recover, but the actual ending crashes and burns entirely, ruining whatever good was left from its first "half". There are many better shows you could see, so I would suggest you skip it. When it was airing it looked like it had a lot of potential, but now that it's done we already know any potential it seemed to have was merely an illusion, so there's really no reason to waste 10+ hours of your free time on this.

>So you could say he had personality indeed, that one of a glutton and pervert that is.
Well aside from feeling bad about his image, being easily played by other members of the cast, being boisterous and impulsive in moments.
0/10 try harder.

Well this is true too:
>Miku - Salty tsundere bitch
>Zero Two - 100 men (maybe more) also salty bitch in the beginning, then doormat
>Kokoro - Surprisingly least bitch, but broke the heart of some fatty, so I guess bitch to some
>Ichigo - Salty cucked bitch
>Ikuno - Salty lesbian bitch

>Feel free to pretend it wasn't,
>implying it was
You need to leave to your containment forums like Reddit.

There wasn't anything remotely infering that.

he makes shitty threads in /int/

But I did like the whole cast having flaws. The problem was that some like Hiro seemed to not have enough. He wasn't even meant to be stamen yet somehow obtained that ability. His flaw was meaningless after that.

>>Kokoro - Surprisingly least bitch, but broke the heart of some fatty, so I guess bitch to some
Cowardly bitch.

3 excuses and you say try harder? Well done, user. So based! How much do self-insert to him, user-kun? Back from reddit I presume? I wonder what kind of mindset makes people think Fatass had any personality or was interesting at all, besides for the reason he was a rare fat character in anime

>heatwarming and wholesome show
>show about 2 kids who are actually genetically engineered bioweapons but fall in love and merely want to be together
>in the end they die young in what is an absolutely literal suicide bombing in space, fulfilling their role as bioweapons and not having any chance at their dream
>the enemy actually survives the suicide bombing, even promises to come back
>heartwarming

>Uninspired waifubait can only get you so far when the writing shits the bed that hard.

pic related, right?

How fat are you, user?

Just make him actually give up over Kokoro in the series

Damn son, never heard of that one before. Where do you get these original thoughts?

You wish, trigger kiddie.

>The problem was that some like Hiro seemed to not have enough.
Not only didn't he have real flaws, he also didn't have any character strengths. He was just a blank slate that for some reason was written to be a good pilot and to have all the girls (well, the relevant ones) fall for him.
He was outright abusive towards Ichigo and all of his (so-called) "friends", and at the same time an absolute beta-cuck towards 02. And a retard. You could call that "flaws", but I'd call it bad writing.

I'm outraged by that ending don't even get me started

It's beautiful and sad. That's what makes it so great. It's a very bittersweet feeling.

>the enemy actually survives the suicide bombing, even promises to come back
I think you misunderstood his words. Basically he was saying history will repeat itself, and that another conglomerate would come to assimilate them again. When he said he would see them again, he was identifying with this hypothetical conglomerate

Attached: 1554543536560.jpg (1366x768, 142K)

user, if I wanted to make myself depressed I'd go outside.

Kokoro saved the whole show! She was a Kokocutie and she stole my heart

Attached: 1550975156623.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

>It's beautiful and sad.
No, it's simply stupid. It did nothing. It meant nothing. It just happened. Because "drama".

Eureka Seven is better

Attached: Eureka Anemone.jpg (1280x1024, 338K)

>kids thinking baby's first mecha show is oh so amazing
watch the superior version, newfags

Attached: 1486339168113.png (704x528, 560K)

well, I can tell you right now, up until episode 15, it's probably the best show of last year, after that it's the most wasted potential I have seen after Kabaneri.

Yes, THAT one

Attached: Pepe Tongue.jpg (580x563, 41K)

user, it's more than a couple of faggots, it's way more and you know it.

The ending isn't that horrible, the problem is your mismanaged expectations. I went into it expecting a retarded harem show and was pleasantly surprised.

>up until episode 15, it's probably the best show of last year
Don't fool yourself. It was never well-written, not even in the beginning. People simply were blinded by the flshy spectacle and got hooked on the premise. It was obvious that it never had anywhere to go.

Hive mind

Probably if I was a young teen. She would have fueled my sexuality during that time. The show was still a disappointment. But still enjoyable in some parts.

No that just means they struck gold with 02's design, DitF still sucked eggs thanks to Abe forcing Imaishi to change course halfway through to birth rate moralfaggotry. Anything after the Red Streleizia transformation episode isn't even worth the time investment. Just watch the first half and drop it after the point that roastie cunt kokoro starts getting more screentime than 02

Attached: normalfags.png (500x427, 146K)

Are you guys talking about the Miku one? Cause that does not need to be posted.

Attached: 1554579157248.jpg (822x803, 207K)

Nishigori done it
It will go down like eva as the show that rocked the anime world
Gainax broke apart but the spirit of making something crazy never left.

>the problem is your mismanaged expectations.
Bullshit. I expected nothing. Things happened for no reason, had no narrative cohesion, no consistent themes. The characters were merely plot devices. No matter how it had ended, it wouldn't have made sense.
I don't mind that the main characters died. Hell, often a main character death is a very sensible decision. Also, they weren't my favourite characters in this one, and I have had favourite characters die in other shows which I still love - because those character deaths made narrative sense and gave the characters and their themes a conclusion.
The problem was that they died for no reason and that their deaths changed nothing about the story. They died because the writers wanted to be edgy. And it fits in with the rest of the plot not making any sense as a whole.

This.

Attached: 1524264333525.png (775x260, 22K)

Eat a salad fatoshi and fuck off

The day we showed the world

Cheers

Delta!

Attached: 1554564813161.jpg (403x537, 104K)

SQUASH

Cute veg, she'll wake up eventually

Attached: 1553823585150.jpg (258x287, 73K)

No, I mean your expectations about how good the story of an animu about a teenage boy getting to ride a hot monstergirl-mecha is going to be. Most anime is retarded if you start to think about it. Most stories in general are. If you hold everything to an exacting standard you will enjoy nothing.

You have to go into it truly expecting nothing besides maybe pretty 2d girls doing girl things. Being drunk helps.

WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY YOU LAZY CUNT

Attached: comatose.jpg (222x214, 16K)

Cute retard, I wanna pet her

>Most anime is retarded if you start to think about it. Most stories in general are. If you hold everything to an exacting standard you will enjoy nothing.
There's plenty of anime I enjoy. And stories in general. Wanting something to have some theme or message is not that high a standard. Expecting that storybeats have motivation or teleology isn't a high standard either.
There were even some traces of themes and teloi in Franxx. It just didn't commit to any of them. And that's the problem.

>good show ruined by shit ending
you are now given 1 chance to improve the end. what will you do? personally id remove the alien garbage crap and set a deeper plot within the empire

Scans soon

Attached: 1555539640526.jpg (1000x500, 129K)

>what will you do?
Rewrite the whole thing. It went to shit long before it ended.

How many days till the manga comes back? I miss her

Attached: 1553371025585.jpg (415x297, 100K)

remove the nig from APE, then have some sort of plotline about how APE is profiting from the whole emotionless population thing and have Hiro and zero tsu lead their plantation against them (and also give my wife Nana more screen time)

The whole plot is a strong assertion of classic family relationships being preferable to castrated digital immortality and atomization. Also lovey dovey shit about life bring easier with someone to lean on, trusting others, forgiveness and all that. Might be dumb and shallow but there are clear themes in the story.

Exactly 19 days and 22 hours from now
But volume 5 releases in 3 days, and it will come with bonus content that we haven't seen

Attached: 1528754553850.jpg (1500x1080, 183K)

>why is this blue vermin touching me?

pure

sex

Good lord I wanna have her give me a paizuri with her suit on.

This. My opinion still on it is that the ending was absolute dogshit and irredeemable but everything else made for an enjoyable anime I looked forward to every week.

Those are at most "stumps" of themes. Nothing happened with them. They went nowhere.

Would rather get a buttjob myself though I can respect that

Attached: 463.png (640x478, 392K)

Cheers
man of taste

>Nothing happened with them
What do you mean? The plot happened. They all went to live on a farm instead of merging with the hive mind. What would constitute something happening in your book?

Is someone planning on scanning it or will I have to actually buy it?

Attached: vol5 cover.jpg (420x594, 155K)

what a fucking ride this shit was

>What would constitute something happening in your book?
Examining those themes from multiple sides, trying to take a critial stance on them and expanding on them. I agree that the themes were there, but nothing that happened really made use of them being there or tried to work with them. Stuff just happened, some of which played into the themes somewhat, but most of which simply did nothing. Much of it was just meaningless fluff, not connected to anything.

egg

Hir02 and their united appeal of sociopaths in love carried the show. 02 is only the setup Hiro being a crazed monstergirlfag is the punchline.

Attached: 1523227118142.jpg (764x651, 419K)

It's funny to consider that Ichigo had the most people lusting after her in show.

Attached: die.jpg (449x450, 22K)

Well, even if it gets scanned, all volume sales help with the serialization which is why I'm thinking of getting the e-book version just to support the author. Don't count on me for the scans though, I'm not expert with those things. I think someone will post the lewds to twitter anyways, but every volume sold helps

Well that again comes back to the mismanaged expectations. Most stories about riding your hot dinosaur monstergirl-mecha gf into battle by using the handles on her ass are not deep philosophical treatises.

Attached: 1548440686880.jpg (1075x1071, 286K)

That's not surprising, considering that she's clearly the most physically attractive of the girls, as well as the best written. It's as if she wasn't even from that show.

It doesn't have to be either of those extremes. Most anime manage to hit some balance inbetween. And some of them even manage to be actually well-written.

The only thing I remember being excellent about this show is 02's body being pure sex, especially in fanart. The show wasn't that bad though

>the day when Mitsuru and Kokoro having sex demolished the catalog
never forget, 12/05

Attached: DdAgYW_U0AAv6Z5.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

>up until episode 15, it's probably the best show of last year

Attached: 1553526298438.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

The same thing happened when Ichigo kissed Hiro. Some "fans" of this show went full retard and tried to shut the board down on multiple occassions.

You're right, it needs to sell to increase the chances of a movie or OVAs happening. Time to hand over my shekels to Yabuki, I think I'll go with the digital version and post the rips here. Though it would be nice having a physical version of the posters to lick and rub my face on

Attached: 1549214037526.jpg (844x1200, 187K)

002!

Attached: 002 old.png (800x580, 839K)

02 is the hottest girl, but she's too intimidating (not to mention, the whole "partners dying" thing) for most of the cast.

>Somebody is using the image I cropped

Attached: 1554545075051.jpg (805x576, 85K)

More like number 2 cause she shit

Attached: a11.gif (278x340, 84K)

>02 is the hottest girl
In your dreams, maybe.

>he doesn't want to die

Attached: get the fuck out normies.png (500x729, 496K)

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't outstandingly bad in any respect.

The thing to think about is that if you scrutinize any story but the very best, you will quickly find inconsistencies. If you focus on the inconsistencies, you lose suspension of disbelief and can no longer enjoy a story. I remember a few years ago, as I was finally getting a good grasp on physics and at the same time had consumed enough media to develop a good intuition for tropes and cliches, I couldn't enjoy anything anymore because every inconsistency or ass pull would jump out at me and ruin my suspension of disbelief. Every technology or magic item became a glaring plot hole due to authors never thinking about secondary implications. Every bit of foreshadowing stood out, and I would frequently be left disappointed by what I found to be stupid resolutions to plots. Then I realized that if you scrutinize everything you enjoy nothing.

Nowadays when I watch a show I just go with the flow. DitF has a reasonably interesting setting, cute girls, decent robot battles, ok story and was overall enjoyable to watch for me. I wouldn't call it a classic or anything, but it's completely watchable. I found it more enjoyable than most things I have watched recently.

10/10

bruh liek le imagine le frackxx being NOT anime of the century desu it's porbably the best fucking anime evar!??!?!?!!?
non #franxxuers can get fucked XD

Ichigo is cute and funny. What's not to like?

Attached: 67667737_p0.jpg (1150x1754, 415K)

The city-state of Franxx haters

>ichigo fan
>cunny
Of course , worst girl fans are pedos.

How can you like this anime past episode 18

>The thing to think about is that if you scrutinize any story but the very best, you will quickly find inconsistencies.
This is not about plotholes, user. This is about theme inconsistencies. Which means that the plot itself is not just inconsistent, but incoherent: It does lack motivation, meaning and purpose. What you describe is nitpicking about details of the plot that might or might not make sense. I'm talking about the writing itself being sloppy. It's important to make that distinction, because those things happen on entirely different levels.
I agree that hunting for "plotholes" and logical errors is stupid and doesn't say muich about the quality of a narrative. But it is legitimate to look at the internal structure of a narrative, at how it's written, to be able to critique it. And in that aspect, Franxx was "outstandingly bad".

You might want to look into the theory of writing, as well as the distinction between consistency and coherence. Ironically, inconsistent themes cause an incoherent plot. And an incoherent plot is way worse than an inconsistent plot, as plot incoherence means that you have no "red line" you can follow, nothing that binds the plot together. You just have events happening in sequence, with no meaningful consequences at all. Watching something that's incoherent is basically a waste of time, albeit often an entertaining one.

ZEROTSUUU~
DAHRIIIN~~

i dont lurk /a often,in this year any anime created a shitstorm of threads like darling?

good times,i kinda miss those days

Attached: fatty.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

Attached: Dvu6Va8UcAES726.png orig.png (500x456, 152K)

Add more pregnancy for starters.

This guy's art is the one thing I liked about DitF

Wish we had a shitstorm every year, they are fun.

>they are fun.
Only if you're a troll.

A classic? You must be joking, or talking about some other anime. Certainly not Darling in the Franxx, the dullest anime in the history of anime. Each episode following the boy pilot, his dinosaur wife and his pals from Plantation 13 as they fight assorted dinosaurs and aliens has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the sexualized imagery, the series' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make mecha unmechanical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Nishigori vetoed the idea of Miyazaki directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for hentai artists. The Darling in the Franxx series might be part of Abe's anti-extinction program (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Gurren Lagann series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the writing is good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time the main characters' relationship is described, the show announced instead that it is "Profoundly Beautiful".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Nishigori's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Darling in the Franxx by the same Hideaki Anno. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Darling in the Franxx at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Evangelion." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Darling in the Franxx" you are, in fact, trained to watch Evangelion.

Literally kill yourself you absolute faggot.

actually when was the last time an anime caused that before DitF? JIBUN WOOOO?

>tfw I took a break from anime right at the happenings

Attached: 1554443536509.png (1366x768, 822K)

Nobody cares aside from a few dedicated shitposters. Face it, it's gonna be a time flop, replaced by whatever new show Trigger shits out next.

hey can someone commission some 02 foot art??
ty in advanced.

Attached: 1554597002980.jpg (695x768, 52K)

I thought it would pull some Brave New World/Zardoz type of shit.

There's pretty hard parallels between the two of them, a somewhat of an outsider hero who's well read and educated compared to his contemporaries, led by a doctor who's sick of the status quo of genetically engineered humans controlled by a corrupt council, brainwashing children and encouraging hedonism among the adults, etc. Too bad Nishigori hasn't read either of those books, so he didn't know how to end his post-apocalyptic social critique besides:
>Aliens dunnit and the heroes die, now go outside and breed while I get my government cheque

Gridman already came out and we've all agreed both can live on as masterpieces.

Lmao Gridman is acceptable and neither even approach masterpiece status

just post zero tsu

J.K Rowling pleas fucking go away

I enjoy these dinosaurs.

Attached: playing_with_darlings_dino_size.jpg (2048x1044, 433K)

no. it's an awful waste of time

I could probably write a short political treatise on why DITF is wasted potential

Attached: 1531262517275.png (2560x1440, 2.2M)

yuck

Disgusting pink egg I bet Nishigori faps to this

Attached: 1554569638574.png (600x600, 590K)

The difference between a plot hole and plot inconsistency is mostly a semantic one. Both are fundamentally the same thing, contradictions. A plot inconsistency might be something that violates an explicit assumption, or a strongly implied one, while an incoherence might be events that seem to imply contradictory things about the setting, but really both the setting and the events are part of the same logical structure which is the story as a whole. They are the same thing. The mechanism that makes them pull you out of a story is the same - something occurs that contradicts your mental model of the setting.

No world constructed by humans is likely to be perfectly internally consistent. It's just a question of degree. The way to deal with incoherent plot is the same as the way to deal with inconsistent plot - don't scrutinize it. Keep your mental model fuzzy and don't get too invested in it. Unless you want to, of course - if it's the sort of show you watch for meticulous worldbuilding or complex plots, then of course contradictions ruin the whole thing. I treat it like a meta-attribute of the setting - how much importance I feel like I should give to consistency, and how much consistency I should expect. You can't have Light using the power of love to pull a machine gun out of the death note because that would violate what the show was all about. But I didn't mind when 02 used some telepathic lovey dovey prayer shit to defeat the ayys because super duper special power of love ass pulls are a thing I was expecting to happen given the overall nature of the story. Hell, for all the praise it gets, NGE's ending is one giant sequence of diabolus ex machina ass pulls. The reason most watchers don't mind is that it was compelling anyway.

I guess the TL;DR of this is that the degree of consistency or coherence that you should expect in a story is in itself a variable you can infer from the narrative and overall nature of it.

Attached: DuhT9BCUUAAU8Dr.jpg orig.jpg (2048x2048, 423K)

Damn, Mitsuru with disheveled hair was so hot and Kokoro is too cute and sexy. Why didn't he keep that hairstyle? I hope it makes comeback in the manga. To think Kokoro barely had any fanart, before partner switch and then it all exploded. So much good fanart. They look way too good together. Good job Tanaka with the designs!

Attached: 1522163507482.jpg (867x598, 72K)

Attached: dance.webm (720x630, 746K)

Well, yeah. They spent a single episode on things that should have been half-season long story arcs.

Is there anything better than the two objectively hottest characters ending up together

Attached: 1553822264510.jpg (950x1000, 225K)

>those last two digits
It must be done.

Attached: a9271004627ab5a759420fdf0857fdd7.png (918x918, 1.18M)

People who appreciate good anime with beautiful character dynamics and important themes.

Darling in the Franxx is also part of a wave of anime that rejects the tsundere/yandere paradigm (or uses "soft" versions of those tropes), which enrages otakus with mommy issues who are used to fantasizing about women psychologically controlling or beating the crap out of men as a display of secret affection. See also: Bunny Girl Senpai, which shows a realistic flirtatious relationship instead of the domestic abuse fetish that passes for tsundere.

How about some ntr?

ZEROSUUUUUUUU

>The difference between a plot hole and plot inconsistency is mostly a semantic one. Both are fundamentally the same thing, contradictions.
No, retard. I explained exactly what the difference is: A plot inconsistency is what you talked about, plotholes, faulty logic, etc. Moments where the plot itself "breaks".
Plot incoherence means that the underlying structure is faulty, that the writing does is not well-structured. It does not manifest itself in plotholes or contradictions, but in the individual scenes and storybeats not working well together at all. Cohesion means that everything in a narrative follows the same goals, irrespective of possible inconsistencies.

>an incoherence might be events that seem to imply contradictory things about the setting
This is false. Coherence has nothing to do with whether the setting is contradictory. Contradistions are a matter of consistency, no matter where they appear. Coherence means, and I repeat myself, that all things cohere (as in: fit together structurally).

Lastly, even if you don't want to accept that, please read my actual criticism. I did at no point argue anything about plotholes or "internal inconsistencies", as you like to call them. I always argued the problem of themes not being applied properly and the characters being underdefined and underdevelopped. That is a completely different thing from what you are arguing against. Are you intentionally building up a strawman and willfully ignoring what I'm actually saying? Because you try to shut my arguments down by appealing to something entirely unrelated. I've already told you that I have no problem with "internal inconsistencies", and your claim that that's only semantics is preposterous. You can't just dismiss any valid criticism of writing by falsely equating it to something it is not. Darling in the Franxx is badly written - not because of inconsistencies, but because the writers didn't bother to follow the basic structures of good writing.

I wanna have Zero Two and Kokoro take turns torturing me

Attached: 70358280_p1.jpg (929x1300, 368K)

>have very little unique IPs
>117 IP
That's more than 95% of the board. OP was completely right.

Attached: 1553347666788.png (233x255, 76K)

That's probably just because of people who post from different locations and devices throughout the day.

You've been shilling this shit for an entire year? Damn dude get a life.

>Hiro
Plot device and harem MC. Doesn't deserve to be called a character.
>02
Plot device and waifubait. Just barely a character since she actually has clear motivations that make sense based on her life that show through in her actions. Probably the most well-developed character despite being extremely cookie-cutter
>Kokoro
non-character. exists to get pregnant.
>Mitsuru
was a frustrated twink and then overnight transformed into bland generic boyfriend
>Ichigo
Easily the character with the most depth even if that's only relative. Has shifting priorities, feelings, and motivations like an actual human fucking being. Too bad she gets no airtime.
>Ikuno
glasses lesbian with no other traits
>Fatoshi
is nothing. does nothing. exists for kokoro melodrama.
>Zorome/Miku
purposefully obnoxious time-fillers - gotta get this trash to 2 cour somehow

I'm only still watching this because every once in a while it gives me some good fetish shit like 01 mouth-raping Hiro

Also I find it absolutely fucking hilarious that they finally decided to give the series a plot at EPISODE FUCKING 20

Attached: kenshiro.png (75x95, 16K)

>117 IP
Most of which belong to people who agree that Franxx was not a very good anime, as you might notice if you actually read the thread.

ignore the faggotry with epidode 15. the ending is ok, i've seen much worse (KLK comes to mind, huge potential but bad second half and terrible ending). and even if the ending wood be shit, you would have to be brain damaged to just watch 15 episodes and live it like that, with no explanation for anything, no conclusion, no nothing.
overall, it definetly has its flaws, but the length of this thread alone proves that it's worth watching.

Disgusting

You could say the same for every single thread on the board. Doesn't explain why this one has triple digit IPs and others don't.

is Yea Forumseddit in the franxx almost back? need to update my filters

You're spot on about the characters (and non-characters). But ...

>they finally decided to give the series a plot at EPISODE FUCKING 20

You really can't call that a "plot". More like an "idea", a vague one at that.

He's a man of excellent taste.

Attached: 70145358_p1.jpg (2093x2960, 1.15M)

>but the length of this thread alone proves that it's worth watching.
How? What does thread-length have to do with whether an anime is worthwhile or not?

You know remember the hype after Episode 22.

Attached: And the Dragon was slain, and he was bound on Mars for it was the Emperors Will (2).jpg (1448x1739, 558K)

Fuck tnigger, doing the same alien shit 3 times

Just don't get too attached to Delta.

Attached: 1529260818659.jpg (324x512, 26K)

ok, maybe i wasn't clear. not the length itself, but look how much discussion is in this thread, look at the endless comments arguing over every small detail. it doesn't prove that it's good, but it's a good indicative that there is something going on with this show and it's worth making your own opinion on it. you won't see threads like this over random average stuff.

why would he get attached to a boy?

>Just don't get too attached to Delta.
Getting attached to her is your only chance of having any scene with emotional value in the whole series. And if you ask me, it makes that whole scene even more "stimualting".

I miss them bros

>arguing means a show is good
No it doesn't

Look, man: This show is 80% filler tween drama. If you like that, you'll probably like DITF. The actual "plot" if it even deserves to be called that starts in the last 4 episodes and is pretty hilariously stupid. If you're looking for an action mech show because it's by Trigger then you're going to be seriously disappointed. That's not what it is.

I made that mistake
Hope the manga will give her the good end she deserves. Who am I kidding, she'll sleep forever

I guess I'm focusing too much on low level aspects like the plot, but my basic argument doesn't really change regardless. I will try to reiterate what I mean:

When you consume some media content, you create a mental model of what it is you're watching, what you expect from it, what you want from it for it to be worth your time. This includes the plot and internal world in itself, but this also includes everything else about it - the art style, the acting quality, the coherence of its structure, whether or not you expect it to be finished, etc.

I'm not saying incoherent writing isn't bad, I am saying that coherence is something that exists to a degree - and how much coherence you expect is entirely subjective. This is how people can learn to filter out emotional moments in movies being broken by commercial breaks. A commercial is not directed towards the same goal the movie was - but if you anticipate something like that might happen it will not necessarily break your immersion.

The same thing is true for the thematic consistency of a show. If you go in expecting something that establishes itself clearly and follows strict direction, you will be annoyed when you see something that was clearly changed for an ulterior motive, or because the writing team changed, or the producers failed to arrange for a sequel, or whatever. But if you already start off knowing that what you're watching was created primarily to give context to cute girls having action scenes in giant robots and swooning over the protagonist, you can adjust your expectations accordingly.

Is it well written? I guess I'll take your word for it and say no. But does it make it a shitty show? Depends on how much importance you place on it being well written, and the consequences of failure in this respect.

If you expect something to be badly written you can get over it. If you don't expect something to be well written you will not be disappointed when you see signs of bad writing.

>it's a good indicative that there is something going on with this show
Well, yeah. People getting overly defensive over every little thing is a natural consequnce of all the trolling they had to endure when it aired.
But that's it, really. It's a high profile show on Yea Forums because of its meme qualities and of how much spam it produced that flooded the whole board. It 's also famous for leaving many viewers disappointed. Of course people talk about all of that.

The ending is actually great.
Ignore ep15 retards.

Canonically a hermaphrodite

>arguing means a show fits my arbitrary definition of good
no
>arguing means a show fits someone's arbitrary definition of good
quite likely but not always
>arguing means a show is relevant and people are likely to argue over it again in the future
yes

only Yea Forums likes this show though

t. fagolet evergay

thank you for proving my point by defaulting to console war mentality

thank you for sucking cock every day

seething incel can't even read

have sex

Well, okay, I can somewhat get behind that point of yours. I just tend to evaluate things on how well they are written, on a technical level, whether I expect them to be or not.

I do grant you that DitF was, at least partially, enjoyable for me, despite the flaws I did notice. The problem for me is that when I see how easily one could have woven in stronger themes, focussed on them and restructured the narrative without losing any of the things that were enjoyable, I do mark that as a negative. It is something I do blame the writers and directors for: Unused potential.
See it this way: If I didn't believe that it had that potential, I'd not be in here arguing it's weaknesses at all. I did like some of the themes it had. I liked some of the character and relationship setups. There's a lot that could have been done with Ichigo, Hiro and 02. Ichigo needed closure to her personal arc, for example, but the writers didn't dare to go full circle. 02 needed to learn her lesson about being part of a team, but the writers didn't want to have her go through doubts and self-criticisms.
And Hiro ... he needed an actual personality. He had all the ingredients for an anti-hero, a self-absorbed arsehole. But that's another thing the writers didn't want to follow through on.

Mainly, the writing lacked focus and commitment. And that's hard to overlook for me. That's why I brought it up in here and why I consider the series as a whole bad - or at least very deeply flawed. Not because I disliked everything about it, but because some things that I consider incredibly important failed spectacularly.

The ending isn't very good but this scene is

Attached: 1544651777286.webm (720x404, 2.69M)

>fatboy got btfo
>super cute main couple
>main character alluded to be a jesus like figure
>side characters get laid
>robots
>child soldiers

What is there not to like? Other than the trash ending.

Attached: 1525639078423.jpg (1920x6480, 1.2M)

>still inspiring threads with hundreds of angry shitposts on Yea Forums
yep, you'd be right

Dunno about this anime, Hiro felt like a male anglerfish after the first episodes.

i like miku though

Attached: miku family tree.gif (680x540, 853K)

why are so many faggots obsessed over kokoro and mitsuru? both are ultra-secondary, bland characters with barely any role in the show.

>i like miku though
Miku is very likable. And hot.
The problem is that the writers didn't know what to do with her, other than fanservice.

Pregnancy fetishists and NTRfags.

Yea I'm stealing this image, thanks user

Ew.

Attached: 130003e1525026945o232.png (600x600, 215K)

That's kinda hot

It was a super cute boy getting with a cute girl, which is nice. I liked how Kokoro helped Mitsuru work through his anger at Hiro and his resentment to become a better person. I also really liked how Kokoro was willing to go against society to have her baby, I think thats a beautiful message. The ntr stuff was weird, but it did result in them getting more screentime so I won't complain.

Attached: 1553432637430.png (700x639, 195K)

Yeah, sounds pretty much like Hiro. Though ... he has less of a personality.

This dinomutt buttslut is simply too pure

>all this time making a parallel about a bird lending its wing when in truth they were just anglerfish

Reminder that Hiro literally did nothing wrong and humanfags were all in his way

Someone edit this and put 02 and 016 faces in there

Fair enough, we all are free to evaluate the shows we watch according to our own criteria. Whether or not you think it was worth your time, it's your call to make. I personally think it was quite good overall. I would probably recommend it to the average viewer, given my estimation of what their expectations would be.

ok, makes sense.
thanks for taking the time to write to a calm and serious reply to my shitty question.

So fanny meme xD

I thought we were going to get loss.jpg'd when I saw this scene.

Something tells me it's not a classic in any way.

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (1172x824, 828K)

>Meme
He literally did nothing wrong, his friends ruined everything, including the ending

Every time I forget about this shit, some retard has to make a fucking thread about just to remind me it existed. Fuck everyone in this thread. Fuck your families. Fuck your friends.

>Fuck your families.
Please don't tell people to fuck their own families. Someone might do that.

Too late. You're already fucking your family.

THIS. Fuck all the bleeding heart pseudo-intellectuals who want to shoehorn drama into every fucking story.
>bu bu but that't like real life!!! In real life, not everything has a happy ending

YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER This is a chinese cartoon about robots and magic or whatever the fuck! Nothing about this is realistic!!! I watch this because it's an escape from real life! I'm aware how shitty real life is, I'm fucking living in it!! FUCK

Hey, what about Goro? You forgot him. But I guess cuck bro was based at least
It's not a classic and pretty shit cliche fest. Without the memes, waifufagging and shipping this show's score would be around 6 or even 5.
>"Hey, let's make mecha series but only have mecha in few eps while rest is teenage melodrama and also we try to pretend to be deep as Evangelion only to throw all of that out of window and go full Gainax with aliens, except without the fun"

Imagine being Goro and this guy starts shitting on the rest of the characters for being bland and the only thing that saved you is he forgot you exist.

Pregnancy fetishist here, fuck those two, I didn't even get to see Kokoro with a belly, fucking Fatoshi's NPC wife was better at inspiring a boner.

>Imagine being Goro and this guy starts shitting on the rest of the characters
Goro'd be indifferent that he forgot about him and overjoyed that he complimented Ichigo.

We also got to see Ichigo with a pregnant belly, but everyone seems to forget that

Pretty much this. Cute boy and cute girl with healing and lot of fluff. Added bonus for the green themed Franxx, because it's my fav color. Mitsuru/Kokoro also got some top-tier fanart and cute scenes. I'll never forget though, how Nishigori screwed their development so I'm shackled by the manga and fanart. When they stop/end, I will completely drop this shit. Could have been even worse is the only saving grace of this series (it was pretty bad desu)

Attached: FkGpHBPUYp0.jpg (835x838, 85K)

>It's beautiful and sad.
Nah, it's full retard. Once the alien plot point dropped, internal consistency went entirely out the window and the story just goes from one plot point to another simply on contrivance in order to deliver 'drama'. Nothing makes sense in-universe, especially the ending and the lead-up to it.
>suddenly aliens
>klaxos built a suicide bot instead of a bomber
>the whole True Apus shit or whatever it was called
>they want a surprise attack, but the special-purpose wormhole drops them so far away they take fucking forever to reach their target and the big bad aliens get as much warning as they could possibly want
>aliens can somehow sever connection at will, but have never done this before
>magic baby telepathy
>literal reincarnation in the literal last minute

>one year later, I still beat off to her

Episode 21 and 22 were so good I thought they could turn it around.

Attached: 1527487952813.jpg (1000x750, 100K)

I saw E7 before but Renton and Eureka feel like a more normal relationship even with some pretty great things. Hiro and Zero two felt like they'd die without the other, I was looking for this kind of obsession in Franxx, and I'm glad I got it. E7 couldn't quite scratch that itch, even though it's by far the better show.

21 was just meh, 22 was great. Never understood why people want to claim 21 was good.

I kinda hoped that short wavy haired guy would be like Edmund in the Narnia books, where he goes against the rest of the group out of misplaced aggression but then has a redemption arc

It's the best looking action episode in the series. It's the only strictly Hir02 episode in the post episode 15 universe. It's the only episode that gets VIRM right, the animation on their unnatural movements and how they slaughter the Nines. It has the good version of Apus's design doing the sky clearing Buster Beam. And finally this scene is cute as fuck.

Attached: 1529170711774.webm (640x360, 237K)

It was shit then it's still shit now

It was terrible

Oh yeah I remember making hundreds of Franxx votes with vpn servers to get it to win. I don't even like this garbage anime and I was a Violet fag.

>Because I believe in ratings for the highest bidder

Attached: 1491976148727.png (200x200, 8K)

>pretty shit cliche fest
>having a zombie human race and orwellian nightmare
It was the opposite. It didn't stick with many cliches.

Because someone in this thread is baiting anons. I can't tell if it's a shill for or against the show but they have occurred in every franxx thread ever since VEG started to mysteriously tank.
Really makes you think. I doubt trigger has that capacity. VEG on the other hand was on fucking Netflix.

Attached: 1536683010409.jpg (302x225, 9K)

>Better version
>NO DERE SIDE
Kill yourself my dude.

>It just happened. Because "drama".
Oh wow, would you like that. A "criticism" that applies to every anime with drama!

I don't know about you, but I was genuinely interested in the world of Franxx rather than the stupid love stories and relationships. I don't get why this show didn't exploit such a well designed world. It's flaws are purely on the aspects of the show made to humanise the lead cast.

The love stories and the science fiction worldbuilding could have actually worked in sync and it felt like they were trying to early on but after a certain point it was half-assed.

What was left unexploited ? The Klaxxs weren't that interesting since everyone save for their queen was a mindless drone and we have seen enough of the human side already. I'm glad they kept the focus on the main cast development.

>giving a fuck about dere side, the worst thing about 02 that devalued her to a typical waifubait with zero personality later in the show

Attached: 1544615630171.png (913x1300, 294K)

>Thought he was gonna be the chad who tells authority to fuck off and stage an uprising
Hate how much wasted potential this shitty show was.

>comparing science to art
laughably stupid.

literally the MC himself realized that with no dere there's no point in gropping tits.

The cute scenes that Mitsuru and Kokoro got were top tier healing

Attached: 1544150616757.webm (1280x720, 1.47M)

>The Klaxxs weren't that interesting
They really didn't have to be interesting outside of what they did as a hive and what they looked like and what their collective goals were.
The interest for me came more from the society though, the monsters were almost an annoying distraction to me. The society was a very weird thing, the way they relinquished organs for immortality and used child slaves for breeding and defence.
I've never seen any story with that mix in an Orwellian setting. It gave me weird Narutaru vibes with the child torment. To me the Klaxxs were like the titans in Attack on Titan.

There was one other thing though. Trigger tried this weird "red pill into the real world" aspect twice too, with SSSS.Gridman and both times that was the best aspect of these shows for me. It's the inverse isekai in some way. Normally characters "escape" into fantasy worlds which replace their real world. Franxx and a couple other shows (like The Matrix) have fantasy worlds or matrixes which they then drag the characters from and then places them in a hellish reality that was always there. Unlike isekai, there's little actual transportation and the emphasis is more on a change in the character's perception of their existing reality (the Matrix going even further than that obviously by making the change in perception more of a literally change).

>the worst thing about 02
Literally one of the best thing about her character was her dynamic with Hiro which helped him and herself grow as individuals. Saying that dere ruined her character shows that you understood nothing about 02.

Hiro is literally devoid of any semblance of growth or even personality for that matter. He never matured enough to be anything resembling a leader or an actual human being, in the end his entire personality revolved around 02.
02 on her own is hardly any better. Her manipulative side was interesting and she merely devolved into a typical bland waifubait. Even worse, we never saw the process of that transformation, only a shitty 30 second long flashback.

what was the name of the artist who posted misturu x zero tsu a lot a again?

It was more it didn't mesh at all. The only points it meshed was with Hiro and 02's relationship (obviously with 02 being a creation by that society) and with Mitsukoko and the society finally intervening with the "problem" of an "unnecessary relationship" in the scheme of things. Hiro and 02 was obviously a relationship construed from the start by the leaders of the society. Mitsukoko was a mistake.
What I don't get is why the society took for fucking ever with Mitsukoko. It would have pitted the society against the lead cast way more I think.

>Franxx and a couple other shows (like The Matrix) have fantasy worlds or matrixes which they then drag the characters from and then places them in a hellish reality that was always there.
But they were already in a hellish reality? They grew up in an institution where they were injected chemicals and were forbidden from being treated as normal human beings. And after that they were thrown directly on the front lines.

>Hiro is literally devoid of any semblance of growth or even personality for that matter. He never matured enough to be anything resembling a leader or an actual human being, in the end his entire personality revolved around 02.
He needed to be way more like Shinji. He had "flaws" but they were overcome so quickly that he might as well have been a gary stu.

>A "criticism" that applies to every anime with drama!
No. In most anime "with drama", things still happen for a reason. Things still mean something.

Hamlet is pretty dramatic, yet things happen for a reason. Polonius dies for Hamlet's character arc, Laertes dies to make a point about his theme of pointless revenge and obsession, Gertrude dies to illustrate how Claudius' schemes backfire and how much of a coward he his, thus explaining how his character weaknesses and his ambition lead to his downfall, which is also why he has to die. All of which shows Hamlet how needlessly destructive his own quest for defense was. Which is also why innocent Ophelia has to die. Lastly, Hamlet's death is basically about death itself and how it means the loss of agency. A point which had already been made in the Yorrick scene. Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern die for the same reason Horatio survives: The theme of honesty and trust, and what betrayal of those values entails.

Hiro and 02 die just because.

>not understanding that it wasn't about scienece and art, but about not trusting the stupid masses
abhorrendly stupid.

>But they were already in a hellish reality?
And they seemed somewhat unaware of that until they saw the inside of the society where "lifeless" adults existed. That's my point. They considered it normal and not a hellish torment. They were brainwashed and deluded by their reality to believe it was such.

It's not just "flaws", he never got challenged enough by the show to evolve into any meaningful direction. Even after regaining his memories of childhood he didn't become THAT Hiro who was actually interesting to follow. He never evolved as a leader, he never evolved even as a person hell-bent on defending 02. This is also the writer's fault for not making him dinosize earlier which is a huge wasted opportunity on its own.

The fact it was our best shot at the "guy falls in love with a monster and becomes a monster too in order to be with her" type of story and it absolutely fucked this concept up is one of the worst things about Franxx.

>Hamlet
Ok this thread is turning into my high school lit class, how did this happen?
NO I DON'T WANT TO RE LIVE THAT TORTURE.

Attached: 1549729271199.png (1014x720, 1.02M)

Hamlet is well-written drama.
Franxx is cheap immitation of drama.
That makes a hell of a difference.

The thing is: What I wrote about Hamlet isn't even set in stone. We could debate the exact meaning of all of those deaths in detail if it wasn't off-topic. But we can all agree that the deaths in DitF meant nothing.

It's almost time

>No DERE side
She and Denji are like siamese twins after they resolved her arc. She was a cunt before but warmed up to him and expresses her affection in her own autistic way. They're adorable without being in a romance.

Attached: tumblr_pokgwguEem1til28x_1280.jpg (1246x1548, 382K)

> things still happen for a reason. Things still mean something.
See Josef Conrad - Heart of Darkness; a story that has very little meaning and lot's of horror and "something to experience".
But I see your point there regardless.
>Hiro and 02 die just because.
I expected there to be more consequence for their actions. I thought their choices would put humanity in grave danger. Having the globe tormented and things ruined would be fitting for their blind aspiration to "correct the wrongs". And having the leaders as aliens, rather than obedient human servants really prevented their actions and the consequences from them from having any real meaning to them.
So you have to consider Franxx more as an experience, which is why I preferred to look at their fucked up world and have them as "humanised" slaves trying to live in that world.

Zero Two is just this generation's Lucy from Elfen Lied.

But I think Franxx was only partially thematically important. The world design was interesting regardless. If I remember correctly there were major changes in director or screenplay or something mid way through the series. Something tells me the first director(or whatever) had some idea like that and the latter one did not have that idea communicated to him (like the first simply thought he would "get it").

gr8 b8 m8.
Never discuss elfen lied on this board again.

Attached: 1541161104474.jpg (600x564, 43K)

I bet my ass they are going to fall for each other for real in some extremely weird and awkward way after Denji will understand that Makima is no good and Power will gain more empathy.
This pair seems a lot like what Franxx main duo could've been if Nishigori actually wanted to do something different with it, like not making MC a bland self-insert piece of trash.

Attached: 1535578807343.jpg (883x1300, 1.3M)

Just give me that new chapter already, the withdrawal symptoms are setting in

Attached: 1554576496310.png (822x1200, 798K)

>Hiro is literally devoid of any semblance of growth or even personality for that matter.
>in the end his entire personality revolved around 02.
What a clusterfuck of a post. You say that he has no personality and in the next sentence you admit that he has one.

>Devoid of any semblance of a growth
In the beginning of the show he was an insecure guy unable to shoulder the hopes and expections of others and cracked under their pressure, making him hopeless, self-deprecating and feeling that he belonged nowhere. He was so desesperate that he accepts to ride with 02 if that meant he could ride a Franxx even if it meant death. Then as he rode with her, as he interacted with her, his reason to fight changed, going from "being papa's shield" to "being 02 wings". That was where his personality started to changes, going from relatively meek (still fought against Zorome though), obedient to rebellious and fearless ( he was fearless before too but not in the same way). He is also the one throughout the show that morph his squad members into human being by challenging their thoughts and making them think about their future and their desires (he was the one that made Kokoro and Mitsuru want to get married for example).
You may complain about his growth but don't try to deny it.

>she merely devolved into a typical bland waifubait
I can write as much about 02 as I did for Hiro but those are things you should have seen when watching the show. Also 02 wouldn't have gathered that much attention if she was "typical bland waifubait", at most she would have been a forgotten memegirl like Hestia or that purple girl from the candy manga.

Between certain aspects of her personality & backstory, PLUS her popularity with normies, are you really going to tell me Im wrong?

>This is also the writer's fault for not making him dinosize earlier which is a huge wasted opportunity on its own.
I still wonder why was that even a plot point.

Give me more Kokoro please

Attached: 1554579896773.png (822x1200, 935K)

Thanks for posting the one with the correct translation

>a story that has very little meaning
I agree with you there; I myself am not a big fan of Conrad's. He has a nice style, but like many authors, he tends to go too easy on themes and symbolism and makes his messages too obvious. We still have to hold to his credit that he delivers a more or less interesting and accurate gaze into the depths of the human psyche. Something, of course, that Poe's Telltale Heart or Kafka's Steuermann do way better and with a far more elaborate meta-dimension.

>Having the globe tormented and things ruined would be fitting for their blind aspiration to "correct the wrongs".
That could definitely have been a sensible way to add meaning to their character arc! Not the only one, of course, but I think I would have liked your idea there.

>you have to consider Franxx more as an experience
Maybe. And it wasn't as bad an experience as many say. But, like I said before, it would have been so easy to add more to it ... to add SOMETHING to it, that had some meaning. And thus I consider it a failure by the writers.

Give me explicit sex scenes please. Scenes, as in plural. Every couple in the series needs a dedicated hot steamy sex chapter! It will be MotD if it happens

Attached: 1549214069396.jpg (844x1200, 130K)

I wanna believe but with this author, I don't expect predictable stuff like that.

>Every couple in the series needs a dedicated hot steamy sex chapter
Good thing that neither Futoshi nor Ikuno are part of any "couple". But also, I don't need any MitsuKoko sex scene. What the anime gave us of those two was bad enough already.

>I don't expect predictable stuff like that.
If you don't expect it, how is it predictable?

Give me dino babies and dino Reich ending please.

Attached: 1549566846483.jpg (1448x2048, 327K)

It's not really a problem with the show, but Hiro looks so generic that people somehow project other generic personalities o to him, when he's an obsessed waifufag with a natural capacity to lead that was stripped from him and resulted in a meeker personality with sparks of greatness.

Denji and Power have dog/cat theme like Agni and Luna had a sun/moon theme in Fire Punch though.
Fire Punch was all about incestuous love that survived through the proxies to the end of the time and space, one of his one-shots is about the confession that stopped the Earth's destruction and Chainsawman itself is about a horny guy trying to understand why he lives so it actually has a decent chances of having some sort of real romatic storyline later, even if it's going to be as bizarre as other Fujimoto's stuff.

Maybe predictable is the wrong term. I don't expect typical stuff like that.

When you spin it that way, my mind opens up a bit more to the possibility. I need to read the rest of his work. I only read Fire Punch and the vampire one.

But Hiro looks plain because his character design is incomplete. His final form is every bit Zero Two's compliment.

The fact they don't use it except for the very end is a problem with the show.

Attached: 1530869290233.png (1773x1080, 773K)

The scene was cute but I couldn't care about the episode as a whole.

Elfen was dull moeblob shit with some edgy elements. Franxx has a far better world, something that many anons noticed too.

>post episode 15 universe
We are reaching levels of delusion that are only seen in the darker than black fanbase when talking about DTB season 2