Clannad

Just completed clannad and what a fucking shitty ending. S1 was boring except for few final episodes regarding nagisa and tomoya. That didn't bother me because AS is being touted as masterpiece. But even AS turned out to be massive disappointment. First episode was fun but following few episodes had absolutely mind numbing retarded drama and conflicts. Even that didn't got my spirits down because I heard the actual after story after they graduate high school is a stroke of masterpiece writing. And I was again disappointed because it was just basic protagonist accepting loss and moving on kind of story done in pretty uninspired way but I accept that I like it and made me emotional. What really got my balls irky was the fucking ending which is purely done as a pathetic attempt to have an happy ending. Magic as a narrative tool is very tricky because you can manipulate events in any way using it as an excuse and clannad ending is case study on how not to use supernatural element.

Attached: Nicsesjsi.jpg (1024x640, 194K)

I felt exactly the same way. When I finally watched it, it felt like the paranormal elements were totally put of place. It made all of the emotional resolutions to each arc feel really manipulative and melodramatic. AS was better but man I will never forget how people tout the purple hair genius girl's 3 episode arc which ends with total bullshit as some beautiful story that made them cry.

Anything Yea Forums says is good is actually bad, thats the philosophy I've always lived by.

I actually completely agree with you here, and I say this as a KyoAnifag.
Clannad seems like one of those 'classic' great shows but in my opinion it's overhyped and not actually that good; it merely has all of the qualities of a good show.
It's kind of like when you can tell someone isn't actually a good writer at all and they're just using a thesaurus.
It seems very formulaic to me.
Also, like ToraDora it suffers from a terrible ending that is very telegraphed and ruins the suspense.
If you want to watch an anime from that period you'd be better off going with School Rumble, and if you're wanting a KyoAni/Key production you should choose Kanon instead.

Oh and I forgot to add to all of the above if you want something with better use of supernatural elements choose Angel Beats (or even fucking Haruhi lol).

I think haruhi uses supernatural aspect in very creative ways. I tried school rumble but it wasn't very inconsistent with the quality of jokes so I dropped it at 6th episode. Angel beats was good.

>wasn't
*was
Fuck my brain

Last good thing kyoani made. Kill all secondaries.

>Last good thing kyoani made
>Kill all secondaries
What? So you like anime or not?

Angel beats was retarded.
Haruhi was shallow.

Magic amps up the drama and magic resolve the drama. The writing is outright hilarious.

>Haruhi was shallow
Did it lack your "deep" themes?

It was a great adaptation, anyone who thought the ending was dumb, clearly didn’t notice the hints given throughout the show.

It has no message. It just plays with tropes

>clearly didn’t notice the hints given throughout the show.
You clearly don't understand the opposition, user. No one said that the ending is asspull.

I guess you don't like subtlety

The ending was from the game. It was an adaptation of a game with a true ending. Since tomoya cleared all the other routes, he gets a true ending.

I liked the character development of haruhi and kyon. I liked the foreshadowing of disappearance. There’s nothing else aside from endless8 and the release order.

What is your point? How does that justify anime ending?

It’s an ADAPTATION. Not an original anime

So what? You mean we can't discuss anime adaptations on their own without bringing up source?

Quit watching anime adaptations of VNs before you play the game. Of course you're going to be confused because you haven't played all the routes and the fanservice provided by a monoroute with all the characters will be meaningless to you.

I would've read VN if not the reputation of anime being best VN to anime adaptation. I feel that most of my problems with anime seems to be from source itself.

>read
>VN
No wonder you believe moronic statistics like "VN to anime adaptation".

Wait, you don't read VNs?

user, I...

Attached: Hibike.jpg (640x409, 85K)

i bet you like madoka or shingeki no kyojin or some other overhyped bullshit lol
man Yea Forums is shit nowadays...
either that or schools are going on vacation early these days and that's when all the summerfags come in
i wouldn't know so someone who's not a NEET would have to tell me

That's just a stupid drama with annoying 3DPD characters. Actual Last best thing kyoani made is hyouka.

That's exactly what it means. Now go give birth with the flu on a cold winter's day and die you faggot.

If they stopped at the first season, I would agree but the kept milking it and made it worse

You PLAY VN's and READ LN's retard

Your optical drive reads them. You play them.

Dude, "playing" VNs entails mostly reading them and occasionally choosing options. What I said isn't wrong at all.

hyouka's decent; i watched the first couple episodes after my brother rec'd it but i didn't continue it
it's funny cuz i got into anime first with lucky star and haruhi but the last 6 years or so kyoani has really been disappointing

You are fucking retarded.

lol so how many video games have you READ this year so far hahaha???
whatever man i'll quit being autistic about it but i still think it's funny

Attached: NagaClapping.jpg (1043x1191, 154K)

>i watched the first couple episodes after my brother rec'd it but i didn't continue it
I didn't like first couple of episodes. It gets way better later.
Yeah, new kyoani is disappointing.

"playing" a role-playing game is mostly just watching the cutscenes and occasionally moving the character to the location of the next cutscene. Does that mean that I watch role-playing games?

>video games
VNs are reading games.

What you are taking about isn't RPG.

No they're literally an offshoot of roleplaying games with less gameplay and more story and still images instead of CGI animation to save money.

Not him, but I agree with him. If the anime is being adapted from the visual novel and the anime follows the visual novel very closely, there's no reason not to consider the visual novel in discussion.

>and the anime follows the visual novel very closely
Don't even put in that qualifier. Also there is no way that Clannad can be said to have a faithful adaptation. People who perpetuate this idea haven't played the game.

I'm playing ebooks bros

Why did you even bother watching it? That shit artstyle should tell you everything

Dumbass.

Doesn't matter. What I'm doing while I'm "playing" VNs is reading. That's why the phrase "I read VNs" ain't wrong for most cases unless we're talking about real gameplay ones like rance.

VN's are like a choose-your-own-adventure, which is a fundamentally different experience to reading a normal book.

It very much does matter. Unless you're fluent in japanese, what you do when you watch an anime is read the subtitles, therefore you are "reading" anime. Any excuse you will use to disqualify that will do the same for VNs. But you're not going to admit that you're stupid so here's a picture of Angel Beats guy as a freeter directing traffic like all freeters do.

Attached: mpv-shot0018.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

>Don't even put in that qualifier
Why?

>Unless you're fluent in japanese, what you do when you watch an anime is read the subtitles, therefore you are "reading" anime.
Anime is made to watch. EOPs can fuck off. VNs are made to read. The sprites and backgrounds are just there to create mood and nothing more.

roflmao pwned

Attached: FuminoBulge.png (360x1150, 56K)

Dumbass.

Why should I consider VN while evaluating anime? I'm not comparing both.

Because if you don't hold an adaptation accountable to its source material you let companies like Kyoto Animation buy out obscure LNs for the IP so they don't have to invent memorable characters for themselves and hurt any fans of that LN in the process.

Because if you aren't familiar with the source material you cannot possibly attribute errors in storytelling to the correct party and will make assumptions that are incorrect and make you look a fool, like OP.

You sourcefags are fucking annoying. We are just pointing out flaws of anime. The source of flaws isn't the concern of either OP or me.

Then you revoke your right to ask for explanation when people call you a dumbass.

>the explanation of anime flaws lies in source
No one fucking cares. We are discussing anime. You can fuck off to /vn/.

>this anime is shit
>read source, retard
Every fucking time

Dumbass.

>reply chain ends in a definitive loss
>replies to the thread quoting nobody reiterating his losing point
Every fucking time.

>definitive loss
Nice delusion, retard. You don't even deserve a (you).

Are you going to rebutt anything?

Are you ever going to make an argument that isn't utter retarded?

I'll take that as a no.

I see you embraced your retardation

I'm sorry but it is forbidden to use that word unless you are one yourself oh wait

I already said why in my post. Try reading it again and actually replying to it instead of repeating yourself.

You didn't, bozo. Unless we are comparing anime to source, there's literally no reason to bring up source while discussing anime.

Amazing.

Wait how are there only 9 posters in this thread? Is the retard in the thread only one retard who is also OP? I hate this kind of thread and miss global IDs.

Does your dumb fuck brain think you really made a valid lucid argument that doesn't demand further "why?"?

OP we know it's you. Can't you like make another thread and try again?

I expect an actual post that counters the points that I made like the other user did. Repeating your stance doesn't help develop the discussion in anyway.

You get nothing, OP. You've been found out. Make another thread and start over, this time preferably after playing the VN.

The problem is you aren't expanding your stance. You aren't even refuting mine. You think you make self evident arguments.
>If the anime is being adapted from the visual novel and the anime follows the visual novel very closely, there's no reason not to consider the visual novel in discussion.

>not actually that good; it merely has all of the qualities of a good show.

Dumbass

Just use the word game. Otherwise you open yourself up to discussion from retards who think they "read" "VNs".

>Why should I consider VN while evaluating anime? I'm not comparing both.

>If the anime is being adapted from the visual novel and the anime follows the visual novel very closely, there's no reason not to consider the visual novel in discussion.

I'm not sure how this doesn't already answer your question.

Attached: 1407818599476.gif (240x160, 899K)

I read VNs. I watch anime. I fuck girls. You suck dicks.

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAiyxW-d0f9EtZuPMnC0XWSU.png (640x480, 280K)

Okay i kinda agree up to some point the ending also bothered me a bit but it would have bothered me even worse if it wasn't for the fact that it was slowly developed since S1 but even like that i do understand if you feel it's kinda shit but remember it's also a VN adaptation so, anyway i think Clannad has a lot more to offer than the ending, i loved AF because of how kinda realistic it is in the way that in one moment you are enjoying highschool with your friends and then suddenly you don't see them anymore and how life changes, how Tomoya has to assume responsabilities and sacrify himself for his daughter, and how after maturing he is finally able to put himself in his dad's shoes

Only one of those statements is true, and I'm starting to doubt even that.

Jesus this is fucking retarded. Ok, let's say I say "clannad anime ending is bad". Some sourcefag butts in and says "it is adapted from a VN. Read source retard". Don't you see anything weird? I'm discussing anime here. What does VN has to do in anime discussion? No additional information from VN can justify the flaws I find in anime.

We already answered that for you, dumbass.

A big portion of VNs consits of only reading and even if you have options you are mostly reading.

Stop making this thread you fucking retard

Attached: yui strange.gif (500x284, 313K)

>Re;zero thread

Most of the drama bs sucked but i liked how they resolved the daddy issue
That was the only good thing to come from this

And this changes the fact that it is a game run by a game engine stored on a game disc purchased from a game store how?

all the scene when he entered the house until the dad left was kino

If the conversation is that vacuous, then um yeah, I agree with you. Can't really expect much from Yea Forums Yea Forums though.

However, if you talk about a faithful adaptation anime, (and I'm not referring to solely Clannad, since the other user pointed out that it's not faithful and that was wrong of me to assume) the source material it adapts from can help you find things you may have missed or interpreted wrong in the anime and allow you to rethink your stance because of it.

You didn't, nigger. Comparing source to anime is another thing for another day. Discussing how the structure of VN had led to flaws in anime is also another thing for another day. Bringing in source is totally out of context in this context.

Imagine being too braindead to understand CLANNAD

Attached: haruhi disgusted disbelief.jpg (704x396, 25K)

It's fucking magic yo, I ain't explaining shit.

It doesn't, it's all about how you say it, you don't say "play the visual novel" because you don't play a novel, you play a game and you don't read a game, you read the novel.

nice meme, I think it would be more suited to reddit though

>the source material it adapts from can help you find things you may have missed or interpreted wrong in the anime and allow you to rethink your stance because of it.
I am not a retard. It's anime's fault if it doesn't make things clear and it's incompetence can't be justified by bringing in source.

That's why I say don't say "visual novel". It isn't an english term even if it looks like it and is based on one. To the japanese it is literally just another genre of game. Without this context a retard is likely to think that it is actually some kind of book.

You are a retard. That was established when you first made this thread.

>if you hate something then you didn't understand it
Fuck off, retard.

>Without this context a retard is likely to think that it is actually some kind of book

I implied that it may have been the viewer's fault when needing the source material. I've been guilty of misinterpreting particular scenes in anime before until I had it explained it to me. Of course, if the actual anime is not coherently adapting the information, then yes, you're right and it's not an excuse. Doesn't dismiss the fact that discussion of the source material could help with reevaluation.

>ME NOT LIKE END WHY PEOPLE NOT DIE???
ok user

Your whole argument is undergided by the fact that the subject has misunderstood or didn't pay attention while watching anime. Bringing up source isn't the necessary way to correct the subject's errors if anime alone is enough.

>le reddit boogeyman

More like why revive dead people when your theme is coping with loss

>have you played the VN?
>no
>Dumbass.
That's all you need.

Because you misunderstood the theme because you didn't play the VN. Dumbass.

>theme is coping with loss
sasuga

Attached: aqua intelligence.png (800x1000, 104K)

>A work can only have one theme
"Family and compromises and cooperation" is also a theme and coping with "loss and finding new meaning to live" is also a theme in clannad, retard.

Oh right, the theme was getting all the dragon balls.

You didn't get them so you have no right to speak of it.

Why are clannadfags so annoying?

Why are you doing that thing you were called out on earlier in this same thread?

What is wrong you fags? Did I hurt you by shitting on your favorite danime?

The source material can just be another way of looking at the faithful anime adaptation. Such as if you learned what the plot devices and themes were in the source material and then reviewed the anime again to see dialogue and hints that were meant to adapt the same thing. You can then decide for yourself whether these elements were well written in the anime and you overlooked them or not.

I'm not saying you're retarded. I'm just saying everyone interprets things in different ways. I mean just look at all these replies right now arguing over what the theme was. People interpret things differently and allowing source material discussion can help bring some common ground.

>posters:14
>posts:118
Epik

You aren't supposed to even watch anime adaptations if you aren't a fan of the source material or aren't interested in being advertised the source material. They were never supposed to stand up on their own. This trend was started by K-On! and has attracted the worst kind of troglodyte imaginable.

I wonder how much the discussion quality would improve if we had thread IDs

I'm not against the idea of comparing anime and source and then evaluating anime. But I don't think reading source can negate all the flaws of anime considering I didn't miss anything while watching anime. It does have a potential to make me find even more thinks to hate. Since our discussion is about clannad's ending, I don't see how reading source can make me "understand" the "anime" ending.

You're just reiterating the same points that like 3 people have spent their idle sobering-up hours debunking. Why am I even still here? What else can I be doing at this hour?

>You're just reiterating the same points that like 3 people have spent their idle sobering-up hours debunking. Why am I even still here? What else can I be doing at this hour?
Same to you fag

Like your mommy has ever let your lips touch a beer bottle

>anime is bad
>READ SOURCE MATERIAL, FAGGOT
>ok, bro
>oh my God anime is masterpiece. I just misunderstood it all along

If you understand Clannad, you understand Clannad. And the source material doesn't excuse its flaws; you're right. Hell, maybe that potential of finding more things to hate will strengthen your previous points. I think we do agree on that. I'm going to bed since it's late.

also this wasn't me

Attached: 1420408958795.gif (330x300, 953K)

>Hell, maybe that potential of finding more things to hate will strengthen your previous points
But this potential doesn't necessitate reading source. Because sometimes even staring at a sun can make me stumble upon new way of thinking the work.

Clannad fandom has changed a lot. People don't even bother to defend shitty ending these days and instead resort to shitposting.

Read the VN, dumbass.

No, the fact that it is an adaptation necessitates playing the source game before you attempt to color your opinions with the pretense of being informed.
>same amount of posters
You know you could have already cleared the Fuko route in the time this thread has been up.

I actually just started watching it myself. I love Kyoani, but I never watched any of their Key adaptions, I just thought they looked bad and were probably overrated.

I am on episode 4. It is okay so far. I am going to continue it but not really impressed so far.

Also, goddamn, this thread is terrible.

I thought only loligags like Clannad and that's the only reason people talk about it

>reading source to comment on anime is necessary
Do you even know what "necessary" means?

All the threads are terrible because it's Yea Forums post-2014 and this isn't /pol/.

>People don't even bother to defend shitty ending these days and instead resort to shitposting.
why would I bother taking the time to explain something to somebody who is either retarded or trolling

Yes.

>why would I bother taking the time to explain something to somebody who is either retarded or trolling
Tone down the patronizing attitude dude. Why do you always assume that people didn't understand the ending when they say they hate the ending?

Terrible...like the show?

Because it is invariably so because animefags especially animeonlyfags tend to be retards.

to understand the end you have to watch the vn

I don't know I only watched 3 episodes so far. However, they were mediocre not terrible.

because if they understood it they wouldn't hate it. They may not like it or think that it was inappropriate, but they wouldn't make retarded threads and posts about how shit it is. Unless they just wanted to stir shit that is

Now, you see, you didn't watch this "blind". You were told what to expect and it didn't work out. While real anons with actual pubes on the balls watched this when it aired, not being spoiled on stuff.

and observe the xylophone

So it's just a stupid assumption. Clannadfags are really retards.

>because if they understood it they wouldn't hate it
I understand it and precisely because I understand it I hate it even more

it's a VN adaptation it's not going to be good. Period.

Have you played the VN?

Have you sucked my dick?

Implying there is one

>ITT people try to appear more intelligent than they actually are

You're doing it again. Does this work on other boards?

You don't understand. Did you just read this thread? Did you even read the source which is on discord?

No change in poster count. It's just OP trying to reset the argument by replying to nobody like he did three other times in this thread.

You are also just figment of my imagination. You don't exist. You are my samefag.

are you mad people are discussing anime?

Clannad is one of those anime I like substantially less the second time I saw it. Normally it goes the other way around. I began to see the bullshit with nostalgia goggles removed.

Yes because there are shows that came out in the last 5 years that I haven't seen that probably have active fanbases that aren't like 1 retard and 3 drunks.

Why doesn't VN have H scenes? I don't play all ages VN.

Because the sex scenes in Kanon were forced and unsexy and he didn't want to make the mistake twice. Also with half these girls sex would feel like statuatory rape and the other half are shit anyway.

If sex scenes in previous games were bad then write good sex. People have sex, user. Even pure ones like nagisa gets crazy im bed. Like MC fucked her so much that she ended up pregnant.

Do you not know what sex is?

>with half these girls sex would feel like statuatory rape
picked up

You take a dick and insert it her mouth. She drinks the seed and it goes down to belly impregnating her.

Its quite obvious that the butthurt people are just mad Nagisa won the Tomoya bowl. Probably Kyou or Tomoyofriends.

I WANT TO SEE HORNY NAGISA

that's her secret, she's always horny
her usual airhead attitude is a mask meant to deceive poor virgins

this

Attached: nagisa beach 2.jpg (848x480, 46K)

JOHJ

She reaches for dick and they fuck. Kyoani removed that scene.

frankly I’m glad I get to keep her to myself

Attached: 64A1E366-4CCB-454A-A4A2-9C38F576BE6C.jpg (600x855, 289K)

Kyou is good girl, it's Tomoyofags that must be eliminated

Attached: smug Kyou.jpg (400x339, 48K)

>tfw only one episode AU Kyou winning the Tomoyabowl to self insert
feels

Attached: 90AEBAD4-57DE-4736-B27E-1DFAC657BF42.jpg (452x578, 45K)

bad

Kotomifags didn't get shit :/

Attached: kotomi is very strong.jpg (550x309, 54K)

>Kyou is a good girl
>Constantly beats you up
>If she doesnt throw a book at you
>Loves tomoya but doesnt say anything
>Sets Tomoya up with her sister hoping they would fail
>When they start working out, she butts in and tries to ruin it anyway
>Then feels bad when the relationship falls apart anyway like that's not what she wanted
>This cunt is a good girl
The only good thing about her is the fucking pig

>Tomoyofags got the clusterfuck tomoyo after
You have no idea how good you have it

fuck off Ryoufag
Good. I hate you faggots so damn much for getting an after

>t. Butthurt kyoufag
Ryou is the superior sister and the only reason she suffered was because of Kyou. Fuck that whore

I don't care how many times I have to explain this to you retarded Ryoufag, Kyou gave Ryou every possible opportunity AT HER OWN EXPENSE and Ryou still couldn't do anything because the only thing she's capable of is abusing the kindness of others.

Attached: kotomi blink.gif (245x300, 165K)

Lol funny. You know that Kyou set them up to fail, right? And those dates with Ryou, she was always there as an annoying third wheel, right? And how its because of her meddling tomoya and ryou couldnt build a proper relationship, right?
Its even worse in the VN as if you still focus on Ryou, she gets her own ending, as part of a truncated Kyou route

If there's one character I hate in clannad, its the 'nothing is ever my fault and if you say otherwise, i'll throw a book at you!'Kyou

>Kyou set them up
yes
>to fail
as if there was any other possible outcome
>she was always there as an annoying third wheel
because her retard sister is too useless to do anything herself
>because of her meddling tomoya and ryou couldnt build a proper relationship
it's because of her meddling that they even talk at all.

>Kyoufag in denial about how his shitty waifu is actually shitty: the post

Cope. Your manipulative whore waifu didn't even have the courage to eat lunch with the boy she was trying to steal from Kyou with being literally forced to.

And FYI I'm a Kotomifag

Attached: kotomi sip.gif (245x300, 907K)

Out of 49 episodes, only the main arc in After Story is legit good (from episode 9). It peaks at episodes 18 and 19 with GOAT stuff. After that is a really quick downhill.

>Ryou couldnt win even with kyou 'pushing' her when kyou was really hijacking their dates
>Kyou ruins Tomoya and Kotomi's dates as well
>Defending this jealous thirsty whore
Dude, enough already. You're just embarassing yourself

you’re just jealous because kyou never loved you enough to sabatoge your love life pussy

Attached: 6A7BB414-E491-4B4A-805E-F0EBE28BA42A.png (640x480, 341K)

Ryou never worked up the courage to talk to Tomoya. Fact.
Ryou told Kyou that she liked Tomoya because she knew that Kyou liked him and wouldn't make a move if her sister liked him. Fact
Ryou forgot about her new bf the instant she found out he had cancer and came crying back to Tomoya. Fact.
Ryou has never and will never accomplish anything by herself. Fact.

>Ryou forgot about her new bf the instant she found out he had cancer and came crying back to Tomoya. Fact.
What?

When she found out Kappei had cancer, her first reaction was to go find Tomoya and cry into his arms. Gotta keep him close in case her new one dies.

congrats on being the 923546th person with this opinion after watching it for the first time long after it aired.

now, name me a few other anime like After Story that you think were good. or if that's too hard, just anything similar to After Story that you can think of

You have shit taste. Seek help.

Attached: shit_taste.png (800x800, 826K)

They're like the 2nd person books where you flip to page X if you want to do something.
Zelda had some interesting books like that in the early 00's.

Nobody understands CLANNAD. CLANNAD instead takes you to the world of sorrow and agony. It takes everything you hold precious and burns it with no fucks given.

Kyou a qt.

How thirsty was she?

Attached: Clannad After Story - 14.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Why is Youhei mostly comedic relief?

Attached: YouheiPout.png (396x409, 163K)

careful, you'll trigger the Ryounigger
that's his purpose. It's a shame that they didn't get any of the serious bro advice moments

Attached: Shy Kyou.jpg (510x383, 52K)

here is your K(you)

Attached: happykyou.png (498x627, 396K)

stop samefagging dumb kyouposter

yeah you're on my strings you little puppet

Attached: dancepuppet.png (346x111, 4K)

I fucking hate when they relegate male characters to comic relief punching bags. His treatment in clannad is misogynistic.

>misandric*

>a male character gets mistreated by females
>misogynistic

Sorry dude I meant misandric look above post

>Misandric
Yeah he received a lot of shit for no reason. He's said to be short tempered, but we never saw anything like that. He is shown as an arrogant prick, but did nothing to warrant his abuse

Eh, I liked it, after story actually made me shed some tears. Overall an enjoyable story.

You sound like the autistic one my dear fellow. Please go to bed.