Why is costume design in anime so gorgeous, is every jap artist a fashion expert ?

Why is costume design in anime so gorgeous, is every jap artist a fashion expert ?

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-033647.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wear.jp/women-ranking/
style-arena.jp/en/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They probably just copy local fashion magazines.

Anything looks good on 2D.

Japan is a fashion capital of the world alongside France and Italy.

i just rewatched this for the fifth time, movie is just beautifully done

Not trying to be a weeb here but Japanese people have fashion sense other than camisoles and denim.

But do they have gucci masks ?

Attached: guccibalaclavajumper0602a.jpg (968x645, 33K)

Gucci is anime now

Attached: serveimage (2).jpg (800x800, 162K)

Every teenage girl wears a top like that now.

If eromanga is to be believed, all Japanese girls study fashion trends from a very young age.

How is her shirt not falling off?

Elastic at the top hole

>They probably just copy local fashion magazines.
Can confirm. Takeuchi was pretty outspoken about it.

Attached: Capture.png (1095x957, 1.43M)

the top edge is usually has elastic material at the top, like at the waist of sweatpants/basketball shorts./other stretchy clothes

Attached: file.png (322x138, 74K)

this kind of shirt makes me want to put my hands under it

Is that a mf jojo refrence ?

Anyone with even a small amount of fashion knowledge knows that Japan dethroned France as the world's fashion capital some time ago.

But 90% of japanese girls don't know shit about fashion.

Fashion isn't about the clothing most of the population wears, it's about the ridiculous stuff models show off. That's one key reason why the "fashion" industry is utter nonsense.

The way it was explained to me, it's a form of art that uses the human body as its canvas. It's not about what people actually wear, it's the expression shown over a human medium. It ranges from utilitarian to abstract, beautiful to grotesque.

Just copy off of fashion magazines. Moron artists try to invent new fashion

No it's not?

Hell, the Visual Kei scene alone can inspire anime character designs for generations to come. Japan's pretty /fa/ as a whole, desu.

Tokyo and Seoul are probably two of the most fashionable cities in the world, although they have slightly different trends. Japanese fashion is a bit more subtle and there are little touches that make outfits look a bit more individualistic, while Korea is also very trendy but tends to be a little for formulaic. Most of Yea Forums probably knows shit about fashion, though. wear.jp/women-ranking/ is pretty popular if you want to see what a lot of trendy Japanese women wear. style-arena.jp/en/ is also kind of cool if you want to see how styles tend to vary by area (e.g., Shibuya vs. Omotesando vs. Ginza, etc.)

I mean they do have costume designers same as film. So of course costum design is still good dumbass

Most anime don't have costume designers.

Attached: Kaneki's_Mask.png (2443x1613, 2.17M)