Copyright issues

The japanese author found out his scans were avaiable in english and even donations were being asked and is not hapoy about it. Why do you do it, Yea Forums ? Is it for anarchocapitalism's sake?

Attached: Screenshot_20190427-175919_Brave.png (1440x2560, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ennorei/status/1122200572361203713
twitter.com/ennorei/status/1122251928480567296
exhentai.org/g/1308535/cfaa7c4913/
helbraunlaw.com/reviewing-the-questionable-legality-of-fan-made-translations-of.html
exhentai.org/g/1402689/f654bbe4f9/
nhentai.net/g/269825/
twitter.com/ennorei/status/1122293548647211008
exhentai.org/g/798695/d68e7028c9/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winny
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_(P2P)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying I paid for thing that I could get for free.

>make product
>other person steals product and gains money from it
>you don't get a penny from it

Attached: 1518986028459.png (461x550, 266K)

Did he make it available in English? No? Then who cares.

He's saying something about selling an official english TL?

twitter.com/ennorei/status/1122200572361203713

Apparently the author.
That a consumption focused untalented brainlet-eop wouldn't understand his feelings is to be expected.
Don't complain though when people stop making things that you like though.

Are female nipples allowed on Yea Forums these days?

scantalators begging for donations are scumbags

God the Japanese are fucking stingy

>t. person who pays for free doujins like a retard.
Stay based, good friend.

or else what?

>steals someone else's work
>asks for donations

why is patreon legal?

The donation is very jewish.
But I have no problem with pirates. intellectual property is a spook anyway

I think that scanners that ask for money are genuinely scummy

Attached: 1555059162729.jpg (424x476, 43K)

This is off topic

>Look at me, I'm a college freshman!
East or West, nobody likes their IP being pirated.

They don't use Patreon.

Which part is offtopic?

>Don't complain though when people stop making things that you like though.
Pretty sure they don't make doujins betting on foreign sales to keep them afloat. If his butthurt over foreign makes him quit then he was never going to last in the doujin scene

Either offer it in English or don’t be surprised when there is a English translation available.

Intellectual property is theft.

>Proceeds to download a car
Not very convincing

Property is theft!

Attached: Portrait_of_Pierre_Joseph_Proudhon_1865.jpg (1446x1880, 602K)

>East or West, nobody likes their IP being pirated.
People don't really have the option to not pirate when your product is not available legally in their country.

Look dude, If I have the money I'm not going to donate to a scan group, I'd rather give it to the dude that drew it. It's hentai, you don't need the dialogue

Attached: 1555867196278.jpg (500x500, 133K)

Based.

L M A O

Attached: 1369299141989.jpg (630x634, 86K)

I wouldn't either but you're not really in a position to call them scummy when you're downloading it.

Based and Proudhonpilled.

Why not?

Because the author thinks you're scum too for pirating his work.

It's scummy because they're trying to profit on someone else's work.

>donations
He's right. ebeggars deserve everything they get.

Attached: D5MIlngUcAAx0yV.png (944x864, 191K)

Does the author translate to english? if not they're not, they're offering a service and people that want that service are paying the only source for that service, you're simply a bunch of retarded childs that can't understand these basics.

t. patreon beggar scum

Then I'll just fap to the raws, faggot

Attached: 1456620065350.png (613x543, 351K)

They're profiting off translating it. Same as the numerous groups that take commissions.

yea. its mostly complaining about "lost" money cause those gaijins were totally gonna buy it anyways
then moves onto support me/buy official etc.

>he's just going to steal the translations back
fucking based

Based.
I would buy official English version of doujins if my favorite artists offered them honestly.

Even if it's you think it's scummy this board wouldn't really exist if not for fansubs and scanlations.

Attached: Afterword.jpg (1200x1920, 458K)

You're free to do so. Just as people that pay for translations are free to do so as well

>put work into stealing an author's work
>author steals that work back and charges for it
based

At that point they should just team up with that artist to distribute it in English. Commissions are stupid too

Do you really not see the difference between downloading something 'illegally' for personal use and making money off distributing illegally?

If that's legit, then that's easily the best way he could handle and respond to the situation. Wish more Japanese authors would think in terms like that - use it as an opportunity to provide a legal translated alternative and make some extra cash off it, rather than just bitch and moan on twitter.

Stealing something and selling it in another form isn't a service it's fencing.

That's so petty jfc.

I wonder who's behind this post

>If that's legit
The translation was done by someone else, but he did retweet it
twitter.com/ennorei/status/1122251928480567296

Well yea. But I'm not going around pretending I have some higher moral ground. A donation tab won't make them much unless they have diehard fans.

Your point is what exactly?
Yea Forums has been cancerous for years and nobody would shed a tear if it was gone.

You just proved what I said, you're a child that can't understand how basic of supply and demand work. Feel free to re-read my comment again until you understand

Scanlators are fucking retarded for asking donations.
If they only uploaded the raw translated text then I agree they’re offering a service that can be sold. Taking images and putting text on them, asking for money, without the permission of the author is wrong.

I’m a manga translator in a scanlation group and I would never in a million years ask for money. I know that what we’re doing is illegal in the first place.

The author should have made his work available in english somehow by contacting various groups that do work like this.

Honestly there's some jewish translators out there that put series up with donation requests as ransom for them to translate it and have the community attack anyone who do it for free since they're all a clique. The more the japanese know about people wanting to read their works in english the better because it benefits japanese giving them more money to do their work, encourages japanese to release their works faster in english to cater to wider audiences and it reduces the influence and power greedy translators have with patreon and donations and pushes the ones with passion and love for a series to keep doing it for free.

>Do you really not see the difference between downloading something 'illegally' for personal use and making money off distributing illegally?
There's a difference between charging per download and begging for donations.

Kys leech

A mere technicality. It's basically the same.

Actually, if any author did something like that with releases of my group, I would be totally fine with it. Maybe even felt honored.

Except it's not, child

Yeah, I can agree there's a difference between those two, but it's pretty minor. They're both super scummy.
The best I could see as 'morally grey' is accepting just enough donations/commissions to purchase the original work for scanning/translation if absolutely necessary, but even that feels like stretching it. Anything beyond that is scum material.

> nobody would shed a tear if it was gone.
Yea Forums may no longer be one of the big forces in the online anime community but it still does a lot to expose and perpetuate smaller manga series.

Attached: 1550840564639.jpg (625x471, 54K)

The infrastructure for the overseas market is absolutely terrible. It isn't lost money if there was no profit to be made in the first place.
Any artists or studios with complaints in regard to this need to develop a market system that also works outside of Japan.

Doesn't make it any less illegal. Why don't you start a drug ring. It's just demand and supply after all.

The courts disagrees. Any profits made from illegal activities are also illegal. This also applies to secondary profits.

Not really though. People are free to donate them their money for buying the books or maintaining their shitty group. Charging per download illegally is outright asking people to use their money in other to get the manga chapter. Clear example of this case is the difference between your usual manga scanlators and Mikocon.

Making profit from stolen translation is a crime btw. The author can get in hot water fast.

It sort of depends on how you view the fanbase as a whole. I still think of English-speaking consumers as a totally separate thing; basically the Japanese produce whatever, and we English-speakers kind of exist like ghosts, with absolutely no impact whatsoever on the Japanese so that they don't try to pander to us. Within that English-speaking ecosystem there's a general inclination to make translations as freely available as possible, although some groups are willing to be motivated by money to produce more (freely available) translations. Where I draw the line myself is when accessing the translation costs money.

It is illegal but your argument about the technicality between these two concepts is still wrong.

Why are you even here if you don't like it?
Illegal downloading has been a normal part of the site since the start. I can't imagine how shit the board would be based on just the officially released anime and manga, especially 10+ years ago.

Ok, child

>Translators steal his shit
>He steals the translation
Now this is awesome and I wish more groups would do it.

Does he understand English enough to make "improvements"? I'm thinking of that one horribly bad engrish Goblin Slayer doujin right now

making profit from stolen scans isn't?

A derived work adding new content, you must take in factors like how much of the market this takes from the original, how much it uses of the original, the nature of the new work and so on.
Given that the market the new work overlaps with the old work is effectively zero it's no a strong case for the copyright claim.

In short you don't get to cry if someone translates your work and sells it if you had no motivation to translate it first.

Roger that

>t.goldenstienberg

I don't think that this situation is good for somebody making legal products.
Ideally, outsourcing translation to fan groups would be possible, but that does mean you would need to acknowledge them and sign deals.
Plagiarizing is not suddenly legal because you're stealing from people who stole from you.

Why do authors get so fucking anal about this shit? You’re selling a piece of shit book in Japan you’re obviously going to get japanese people to fucking buy it.

You’re sitting there selling some jailbait shit for like 3 bucks a pop and the entire time you probably don’t even have the rest of the fucking world in mind but AS SOON as some whittu piggu translates your fucking scribbles you start to act all offended and angry as if you were intending to release this shit internationally?

What the actual fuck? Does it really fucking matter?

It seems like he's just improving the font and sound effect bubbles and stuff.

No, they're making money from the translation and it's in the form of donations, nothing required just what people want to give. So no, it's not illegal

Can anybody tell him that he would actually get sales from filthy gaijin if he sold his works uncensored and translated? Are they really that narrow minded?

Actually based

I don't think so, since the author owns the rights to his work and derivative works which includes translation rights.

If he does and ask for some money help to defend himself, you bet I'm gonna put some into it.

They're paid very little and live in a shithole of a country so greed gets the best of them

It could be argued that the donations are in response to making available illegal content (the translations).

literally nothing you said is right.

impressive

How is it fair that he makes money from the translator's hard work

exhentai.org/g/1308535/cfaa7c4913/

Japanese culture tends to very heavily support creator's rights since media lobbies are very powerful in Japan, which influences the law and therefore cultural perception of what's right and wrong.

Does the author translate to english? Wow Didn't know that!

The translators work is illegal anyway. He can't have right to it.

The argument would be that the author owns the rights to the translation, and the translator made the translation available.

I feel like sellers have that exact mindset when selling their products. You make something and suddenly it’s as though the only place that exists on Earth is your own country. You don’t care about anywhere else in terms of selling your shit, you only have your own country in mind.

But then suddenly some other part of the world takes your work and translates it and basically “steals” it and people have the audacity to get angry about it

I'd understand his anger if they had a membership fee or charged per download. But asking for donations is smalltime. Mangatraders was the biggest library of it's time and it could barely get 1% of it's userbase to donate.

>How is it fair that the translator makes money from his hard work.
You can't just go for thee not for me like that

It's kind of like people getting angry if they sell you some broken electronics (on the understanding that they're broken), you fix it up and resell it for a lot more, and they get angry at you. Obviously a manga artist has more of a right here, but the same mentality of losing out because you didn't put in the effort is more or less universal.

doujin artists barely get paid enough selling their books since it's mostly at cost prices with the mindset they're doing it as a sacrifice for the fans and to spread their name to become bigger so they can get hired by big name companies.

When other people steal their work and charge money for them, it just makes it feel bad for them because they're not making any money in the first place and this group is making money off your work.

In reality he probably isn't losing many actual potential customer and if it wasn't free they wouldn't consume it. The people who donate to the site hosting it, if there are any, are especially stupid tho.

Yeah a doujin and a broke electronic are essentially the same thing

Yes, in the sense that a doujin raw cannot be used by gaijins with its full capacity therefore it's broken, a translator comes and repairs it so gaijins can enjoy it fully and the original owner that never put the effort or even though about it gets butthurt over nothing.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

They're not, but there's a similar mentality here. Not putting in the effort to repair the device vs. not putting in the effort (and money) to have it translated and sold in English, that kind of thing.

The translator might not even make money from the doujin, the donation doesn't say to which work it went. However the author is selling directly from stolen translations.

>stolen translations
The author owns the translation rights, so the translator has no legal recourse.

Except he doesn't

>nobody likes their IP being pirated.

There's that word again - 'pirated'.

Like villanous characters of the high sea robbing those poor, innocent merchants who only wanted to enrich the world by selling their wares but instead denied their rightful profit!

Who are these chucklefucks kidding? They make the false equation that their intellectual property being read/listened too without their consent (i.e. you did not purchase it) is a valid frustation ridiculous.

Are we 'pirating' something every time we watch a movie with friends or families though only one person brought it? Are we pirating when we let someone else listen to that CD we bought ( back in the day of CD players)?

If certain people of the world could have their way this would likely be the case. That every purchase is limited to a single person - the 'customer' and that person only. Want to share it - pay more!

I fail to see what he's getting butt frustrated about - where in this instance his work is being fully accredited back to him, no-one is making 'profit' from it, and any donations are purely voluntary to translate something that would never otherwise be available in a country he gives no shits about to begin with.

Attached: 1530838311038.jpg (960x720, 43K)

Is anyone here actually a lawyer and not talking out there ass?

>mangatraders
Wow fuck man. How many years have past since that thing ceased to exists?

Nice.

Taking from unofficial translations opens a legal can of worms that no publisher wants to get into. Fan translations themselves have never been taken to court to determine fair use, so the legal basis of this is faulty. The most that has ever happened was cease and desist letters for distributing image or game files, but companies don't ever go after the translated script.

I'm a layer but not familiar with japanese laws, also I find more entertaining talking out of my ass, why?

Attached: disgustinn.png (548x666, 361K)

>500 yen per download will be enforced
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA
HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This happens all the time. I get why he's upset, it is his work after all. However if he never planned to release it in English, he never lost a sale.

He's not even making a loss because his core market can't even read english.

Bet I’m genuinely curious as to what a real lawyer should opinion on this would be. The shitposting is fun too

I want to give Pochi all my money.
I want to live with Pochi.
I want to take care of Pochi.
I want to marry Pochi.
Pochi!!!

Here's an article from a law firm
>The Copyright Act grants authors the right to make derivative works, that is works based on their preexisting work. One of the examples of derivative works given in the Act is translations. Thus it seems copyright holders do have the sole authority to translate their works. Why then is the legality of fan-made translations even a question? The answer lies in fair use.
>Unfortunately, no court has ever applied this test to the case of a fan-made translation. Further complicating matters is that the fair use analysis is performed on a case-by-case basis
helbraunlaw.com/reviewing-the-questionable-legality-of-fan-made-translations-of.html
The author doesn't have any inherent right, unless it is found in court to be specifically true in this case. Fan translations are not necessarily legal or illegal, since they haven't been taken to court.

This, this is how you deal with it.

Oh hey, i remember fapping to it.
exhentai.org/g/1402689/f654bbe4f9/

Attached: D2_l1oLVYAEEwLz.jpg (777x1087, 83K)

If the doujin is based on someone else's IP or the author stupidly signed away their rights in a contract, the author has no leg to stand on and can't go after a translation.

i liked that one
nhentai.net/g/269825/
he saw the positive side and move on to improve himself for the sake of my cum

Does his works have ntr, sluts abd cucks? if so then fuck him.

there are app stores for games and music so why not loli hentai?

Maybe make the first 2/3 free and pay 500 yen for the rest? give tl/typesetters a cut?

It is an original work though.

>umineko translated and released for free
>Ryukishi loved that more people could read his work
>Brought Witch Hunt in to translate his next game so it could have a simultaneous release in English and Japanese

since the start of this season because of that anime with those THOT teachers

She's a beast not a human female, so that's okay.

translating stuff is good having a patreon for it is bad

Porn is more niche and less people are willing to pay for it

>The author owns the translation rights,

But not the translation itself. Further when it comes to >Thus it seems copyright holders do have the sole authority to translate their works.

Surely this applies to translating AND SELLING the translation.

Fan translation are not (or rarely) done for profit nor do they deny original authorship of the story. Full credit is given - it's not fan translators are claiming the work is their own because they provided a translation.

The likes of Kireicake need to die. piece of shit.

>However if he never planned to release it in English, he never lost a sale.

Fucking this

I'm down. Let's replace lootboxes with Lootcunnies.

That would've been an even better response, but I doubt he has as much as Ryukishi to hire anyone.

kek Is this real? Which autor?

Attached: 1554495131690.jpg (1069x829, 239K)

>happy faps

I wonder if the japs would cringe if they understood what they were reading on that image

Because "stealing" is fun

Attached: lmao.jpg (1057x119, 46K)

Are you serious?

>But not the translation itself.

By that I mean anyone can come along and using their knowledge of another language translate ny material they come across for their own use. They can share that translation with others on a personal (non-profit) motive.

There is no such thing as a sole translation as all translations are interpretations in another language - look at the myriad of Greek classics translated through the ages or even the Bible.

You can have an 'official' author endorsed translation but that does not mean it is the best or most correct.

Based

>Which autor?
Do you have brain problems?

you're right.
Selling a translated patch that applies translations on top of raw would be perfectly legal.

>japanese authors actually think people would buy their shit if it weren't translated
until the translator translates, the work has no value to 99.9% of people reading it in the west

>until the translator translates, the work has no value to 99.9% of people reading it in the west
The value is fap fuel you mongoloid.

>I can not live
get a real job then

If you like this please consider buying it > Donate to us

Someone should tell him that no one actually uploads to nhentai, it's just taken from other sites.

No, it wouldn't. thankfully they aren't selling it :^)

>stop rearranging numbers in specific ways
>stop rearranging your means of production the same way as me
>stop repeating my jokes
>why, because the law says so!
It's not like his shit was even available for foreigners, why is he bitching?

Attached: 1458182238658.png (338x367, 252K)

>implying good porn needs to be translated

lol, porn is what makes most money for artist on the internet, baka nips are just retarded and prefer to spend months drawing and printing doujins for some shitty coins.

Then befriend a seiyuu like Asakura Blue and his doujin circle friends did, and promote their circle in the radio hosted by the seiyuu.

1 download = 1 lost sales

Attached: 1521402871855.jpg (1200x720, 105K)

To add to the legal situation, it's not even that the author is the only one allowed to produce a translation, and I very highly doubt that he could rip a fan translation for profit. This would have to be taken to court to resolve, unless it's settled between both parties as an official translation.

fap fuel where you can't understand any dialogue at all?

They are asking for donation so they are selling a work even if they don't say it directly.
Those have long expired and are free domain not like that was a thing back then.

imagine thinking a bunch of virgin neet translators who ebeg for donations have enough money to sue some jap

1 download = 6000000 lost sales

Attached: 1485165402853.png (400x390, 170K)

I like it better untranslated. You can imagine the situation however you wish.

>he needs dialogue
>>Yea Forums

let's just pray that jap will be forever English-illiterate so we can still pirate mangashit as much as we want. Please keep being illiterate at least until I become senile!

If his doujin is only available in comiket and Mandarake and not in DMM or dlsite, an upload on sadpanda and its mirror sites won't hurt the sales as much.

>my work cannot be sold and I cannot live

The logic behind this baffles me sometimes. As though the only way of earning a living is a very specific way that they have chosen and now absolutely nothing else can be done for them to earn money. They can't re-skill, they can't find another job etc. It's great to do what you love but pragmatically very few can do something like 'doing what you love as work'.

As for his 'thank you translator for your free work' attitude is kind of stupid as he thinks he' got a 'victory' over them. They did it for faps and giggles and because they wanted to translate and share, and just for the hell of it - they were not being malicious in the slightest. I'm sure those few extra dollars he earns from the idiots who actually buy his degenerate shit make him happy but at the end of the day a translation exists for his work for free and there is nothing he can do to change that except speculate on all those 'lost' sales that presumably he deserves.

The only thing that ever happens in this field is cease and desist letters, which an author would be just as susceptible to for stealing a translation, as that would eat up any profit in court costs. You have to tread very lightly around fair use issues or everybody ends up losing time and money.

I'm not a pirate unlike all of you SCUMS.

Attached: Maidoll.jpg (1697x229, 42K)

If it's a Japanese court then the author would probably be fine. That being said, it's a legal grey area that has existed for ages. I vaguely recall some official manga translations being largely ripped off from scanlations way back in the day.

But what if the author owns the rights to any translations of his works?

yeah you're a retard

>they stole my work so im going to still my translation and improve it
okay
>i'm going to charge 500 yen per illegal download
pffffffhahahahaha

If they're being sold in America, it's the distributor that would be keen on avoiding legal trouble.
Having a right to translate does not mean having the right to all translations. Fair use principles do need to be considered. See

Let's be real, if all the doujins/ecchi manga were translated and made available behind paywall, would any of you faggots pay for them?
People will download free shit for faps and giggles. The author is delusional to think that he's losing massive amount of 'untouched' revenue.
It's a fucking porn book. No one's going to pay for shit. Just look at FAKKU.

>Those have long expired and are free domain not like that was a thing back then.

It was just to illustrate the point that multiple translations exist for works - never mind the fact they were public domain.

A book, any book you read that you pick up in the library or bookstore, you can translate on the fly in your head and jot down in a scrapbook - you are not breaking any laws doing this. To then give this notebook to someone else and say it is a translation of whatever again is not breaking any laws.

>They are asking for donation so they are selling a work even if they don't say it directly.

Selling = making money from. It's like kickstarter - you put a donation in for something to happen i.e. a translation. It's only when a transaction of the finished work takes place that benefits the seller is it considered 'selling'. The thing being bought in this case is not the intellectual property but another persons time/effort.

It still baffles my mind that people pay for 3D porn, but it's still a gigantic industry somehow

>500 yen for each download
i aint gonna pay you shit hentai artist, but nonetheless, pretty based to steal back translations of your work

This isn't fair use, they're doing translating the work and using the scans too.

>would any of you faggots pay for them?
I simply wouldn't have gotten into anime/manga and the porn that comes with it in the first place.

People do pay for Fakku.
Only Shitsurakuten shit are worth it though. Kairakuten and X-EROS are complete shit.

You kinda have to pay if you really really like THAT one actress.

I can read jap and only paid for non h doujin of my favorite yuri ship but it's because no one scans them.

What are they going to do in the next 15 years when google translate can just ocr translate pages on the spot with high accuracy? Try to sue google lmao
I guess if they were smart they'd just use google to translate their own product then. But then they'd be forced to realize we still wouldn't buy

Copyright just like any government regulation should be removed since it distorts the free market

Fair use has to be settled in court; it's a defense. You can't decide whether something is or is not, only make a prediction. The article mentions that fair use would definitely not apply to people distributing the whole work (scans, game files, video files) but that translation patches (and therefore the translations themselves) have not been demonstrated in court as illegal (or at all, since companies consider it a waste of time). Therefore, it's very hard to make any guess as to what would happen if this all goes through.

>spooks

Attached: 1447742621794.gif (245x320, 150K)

Has he figure out how to get past the mysterious sad panda yet?

My series is still not scanlated by some obviously guesstimating scanlation group, so i can never be sure how I would deal with it killing my income. But if it was scanlated now, I would put it on hiatus or make the dialog balloons smaller or whatever that will not accommodate english alphabet unless you shop big white boxes on it ruining the art.

I agree with that reasoning but that doesn't make this less moral

When there's 100000 demands, but they aren't given any by the supplier, they will do whatever it takes to get it. And the supplier is simply stupid for not capitalizing on that obvious business opportunity.

tldr japs are idiots

Morality has little to do with supply and demand

no one cares about your art
that's why it isn't even scanslated lol

>t. Crunchyroll

This. Even worse when they force you to go on their shitty website so they can get ad money.

What?

Fucking based.

scanlator is asking for donations, I have no sympathy. I scanlate shit with no English license and I stop when it gets one, I'm not in it for the money and I wish no-one was.

t. faggot angels
moralfag scanlators are shit

Attached: 1555862393741.png (640x478, 392K)

Crunchyroll started out as an illegal streaming site that used fansubs.

>scanlation jews running damage control ITT
please donate to my patreon goyim I have a sick mother

You still ask for donation right? that's theft faggot.

Ah, that time when I can freely watch Super Sentai show with the shittiest quality on Crunchyroll.

Kek, if he tried that same thing in another bunisess sector he would be in jail in the blink of an eye. Still, based as fuck even if he has no room to complain since he never made an english version available.

The implication here seems to be that "fair use" would require separating the translation from the work, which would for all intents and purposes kill manga translation since who the fuck would read text only? At any rate, charging money for translations definitely wouldn't be fair use.

I think it's pretty obvious from my post that I turn down donations.

Fucking based.

It is not theft when people won't give money to them. It is not pay per download anyway.

>my mom is sick for 15 years and I HAVE to take care of her. but instead of getting a real job and earning real moni, I translate chinese comics to earn like $100 a month instead and spend my free time to stream overwatch all day

Attached: 1552743152506.png (699x604, 472K)

>i'm going to charge 500 yen per illegal download
What the fuck does that mean?

He means he's going to sell the scanlation for 500 yen.

Man, nips are retarded.

>still does a lot to expose and perpetuate smaller manga series.
>meanwhile in reality most threads on Yea Forums are generic moeshit and shounenshit
lol

Popular opinion.

>reading
>porn
Is this even necessary? Just fill in the blanks with whatever fetish you have.

That's why American brands dominate there because japs can't into business and distribution of goods,

Not only that, but they were one of the scummier ones charging people for 'premium' memberships to watch their stolen fansubs in slightly better (still garbage) video quality.
Then they did a complete 180 almost overnight. Struck some deals with Japan, purged all the fansubs from their site, and started acting like fansubs were a horrible evil and the bane of the industry. The primary intent of Horriblesubs creation wasn't to make their content freely available but simply to piss them off as much as possible. Personally I don't really care about the 'betrayal', but the sheer hypocrisy of the whole thing is the reason why, even if they do fix their technical and translation issues someday, I'll likely never give a single cent to that company.

He can't even English that's why he needs to steal translations.

Yes it's necessary, the art alone isn't going to get me off

>People in the twitter thread telling the artist how to DMCA and report the group to paypal

Attached: 1555392962176.jpg (244x284, 15K)

What if I'm fapping to ntr or used goods shit without knowing it? and understanding what's happening heightens the experience.

Absolutely based, any scanlators asking for donations deserve it.

The only way I care is if this guy's stuff gets purged from Sadpanda. Then I would need to actually fish around for it.

wait, is it $5 for the translations or $5 for the translations and book?

>hating glorious ntr
spotted a pathetic self-insertist boring vanilafag

What the fuck?!

All talk.

based, he should also release the uncensored version, too.

500 yen is stupid, though.

>like certain h artists so much I started buying their tanks and monthly magazines and figures
Without free doujin hosting sites I would never have gotten into dropping 30-50K yen a comiket.

t. "Mao-senpai's Faithful Servant"

What's the hate bro? Were your translations too shitty?

Now he knows he can trnaslate it himself and ask for shekels.

>projecting

Falling physical releases are much nicer than any Japanese book releases. Paper, binding, color, also uncensored. People buying digital content of ANY skins are complete suckers though.

>wanting to be paid instead of doing it out of passion
Fuck off, never come back, stop profiting off someone else's work and just contribute to the community. It's not hard.

Make up the story to fill the bubbles. It’s not high art.
Change it to not be NTR that’s what I said by inserting whatever you want.

I read it again and it gets better.
He's saying he's going to charge the uploaders 500 yen for each illegal download.

Attached: oh yes.jpg (1280x720, 323K)

Of course not.
I'm only in this business because it's free.
But then again I used to only care about video games because they were free, but now I'm buying them all the time.
Maybe if the service is good enough. No shitty proprietary reader that only works on your devices if the planets are in alignment.

This is a juvenile move that shows he has no idea how the legal system works

I would only pay for physical versions.

Even digital manga are region locked bullshit. The industry is just shit at selling their shit.

based

The inital rage clouds his judgment. In a few days he won't give a fuck anymore because there's nothing he can do.

I would buy it if it's a physically translated english version. But 500 yen for a digital? Yeah, no.

500 Yen per chapter.
Full tankobon aren't even that expensive.

Not the first time I read of retard nips unironically thinking 1 download=1 lost sale.

HA. What a retard, I'll continue to enjoy sexy onis without paying then.

Probably just the usual media industry corporate propaganda.

That would be almost true if they had a good site to sell from. I like to buy things on Gumroad, even if I could pirate.

He seems to be OK. If he were the author of a series I'm actually reading, I'd probably buy them, as long as the quality isn't worse.
I like this grass-roots style idea much more than what happened to crunchyshit and fakk(yo)u.
What happens to the scanlation group though? Surely they can't keep this up.

You can tell this poor guy hasn't left his room in years, he's beyond delusional and has no idea how the real world works. Even worse, he has no idea how the internet has always worked.

>make thing
>people like said thing
>they translate and distribute it at 0 cost to you to people who will never buy it since they don't read moon
>get angry

Intellectual property, like all other forms of property, should be abolished. File sharing lets people enjoy far more content than people before it could ever imagine. We may need an alternative way to compensate creators (state support or something, idk) but trying to use the legal system to create artificial scarcity just makes things worse for the overwhelming majority of people.

so do doujin creators go on porn site like doing a google search to see if thier product is on their? cause I remember amanoja9 saying something about this too

Why doesnt he simply nuke the translators patreon/paypal/whatever if he's so butthurt?

He's trying to blackmail fan translators by charging them $5 for every illegal "download", of which nobody is able to track since a lot of it is just page views, or dispersed through torrents

He is

only losers do. successful people spend their time to draw more and more

Traditional publishing is slow and they eat money away from artists. You have to wait years until a manga volume is finally published by an US company.
The author could publish it for free on his own and ask for donations. But donations are unsteady income and you can't live on it. Most people wouldn't even consider donating. And admit it, the threat of something being illegal does make more people pay for something than when it weren't.
Crowd funding is basically the same as donations.

How would you fix copyright, publishing, and piracy, and the fact that it always seems to fuck the artists?

State support for artistic works would be nearly impossible to implement. Copyright is a necessary evil, in my opinion. The most we can do is streamline the experience of buying so that illegal means are less appealing.

He could just use the archive download count on EH

unironically based

why are fan translators asking for money anyway? Go get a job at fakku or something

That doesn't account for every download. The whole premise is absurd to begin with.

Oh, I thought this was the price he wanted to set for his dlsite downloads.
It's dumb, I wonder if it's even enough to make the group drop it.
It's not even a DMCA.

Holy shit, based pornstar.

Attached: 1526051027281.jpg (453x640, 54K)

They're not trying to make money. probably just to pay server cost.

kek what a retard. pathetic

I work in retail, so I see the same thing with people who come in for hot items at Christmas and buy scalper quantities. It's like, dude, go for it, we're still making money on our end and if someone buys it from you at a jacked-up price when they could just buy the same thing from us for cheaper, that's their decision.

>How would you fix copyright, publishing, and piracy, and the fact that it always seems to fuck the artists?

micro-transactions might work. I'm more willing to pay 50 yen for a online released chapter. Privacy doesn't worth it when the official version is dirty cheap.

why do dumb males give them money?

Good goy.

>lookup the work
>look at 2 pages
>close the work
It's shit.

What "server" do these discrordniggers have?

>like all other forms of property, should be abolished
Said user from his™ computer.

Attached: 1485909292196.png (564x283, 89K)

Dumber than quint

Cringe and commiepilled.

You don't need a publisher to sell volume downloads online. Japan is just stuck in the early 2000s with their site design and advertisements.

Looks like FAKKU is getting involved
twitter.com/ennorei/status/1122293548647211008

jewcob trying to make shekels again as usual it seems.

>author cucks the scanlators out of donations
that would be a fun timeline. I hope he somehow actually does this.

>we need the money to buy the raws

It seems like he probably won't be able to sell their translations in the USA

>Fakku trying to profit off this
Based artist telling them no

Attached: 1556075469074.png (635x490, 290K)

No, he's going to enter a contract with jewcob . Jewcob will send DMCAs to the scanlation group and ehentai, and it's gone from a big part of the piracy reach.
This is the timeline we're in.

when raws are piss cheap or even already ripped for free and scanlators are releasing only 1 chapter per month.
>"we need money for raws!"
>credits page: "raws = das"
kill yourself

Can't he just set up a patreon and do the same thing some scanlators do?

unsuccessfully

Put all the authors in to gulag and have them make anime and manga. The better the work the more rations they get, most underproductive teams will be sent to coal mines or minefields.

>fakku
who cares it'll be on cafe anyway lel

>Earlier, we received a DM from American FAKKU (@FAKKU) who specializes in translation and distribution for comics and fanzines for adults, and let me talk about it with a view to distribution in FAKKU. Once the story is decided, it will be possible for foreign erotic manga readers to read Ennosuke's coterie in English (cont.)
>However, for works translated by Mr. FAKKU, distribution and sales in Japan are prohibited. On the other hand, I received a story that "The English translation version that Ennosuke personally translated and produced is OK to sell on a site in Japan."
It had to be Jacob.
I wonder how many times he already sent mangaka links to nhentai galleries only to trigger them, just to strike a deal. What a fucking scumbag, thankfully he won't be getting shekels this time.

Attached: 1363113242471.jpg (500x500, 50K)

cafe hasn't even updated their shit for months.

side effect of people gloating about pirating shit

I hope he dies soon.

Sure, if he operates legally (which that would not be).

>tfw all of benantoka's non loli stuff is stuck on FAKKU

Attached: 53079807_p6_master1200.jpg (1179x1079, 183K)

>"The English translation version that Ennosuke personally translated and produced is OK to sell on a site in Japan."
jacob btfod

google translate is pretty based.

oh, so that's what happened.
is there a list?

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
>Mao-senpai's Faithful Servant
AHAHAHAH HOLY FUCK imagine being the cucked translator

Attached: screenshot044.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

It's the first thing on goolge when you look him up

No bully

Attached: 1422753350111.jpg (833x696, 123K)

what? I meant is there a list of doujins they are hoarding?

They're not hoarding doujins, those all get posted. They only have exclusive licenses for hentai in serialized magazines.

so the serialized manga ones get posted?

and nuked countless old doujins that they don't even have the license for.

Then why do some doujins get expunged from ex for fakku?

It's a lot more than some. FAKKU is on a rampage

I don't mind if the mangaka stole my script back. I actually wish the official translation or anime adaptation would too because I find them inferior.

Why doesn't exhentai just become legal?

I'm just talking about benantoka. FAKKU sucks I'm not defending them

Just his serialized ones, yeah. Unless they've expunged some and I didn't notice

Attached: 1553425229932.png (550x563, 183K)

Fakku DMCAs any English translations of doujins that they have the English rights for.

oh god, don't bring the jews from Yea Forums on this
please god

>they want to sell it not only through fakku, but also on Japanese sites using the scanlation
lol

Wow, who knew it was that easy

And why do any of you have to comply to that? DMCA doesn't work.

Don't ask me, ask them. Maybe they're legally vulnerable somewhere.

Copyright should be abolished desu senpai

That's cool but who the fuck is going to buy it on DSlite and Booth when they already got it for free?

Attached: 1547065831481.png (800x1200, 900K)

Someone who wants to help out artist with his 5$

They can already buy the original

especially if they're censored like lightsabers

This

Attached: 1551702612727.png (202x405, 64K)

I give them a pass if they're legitimately spending the money on manga / doujins to scanlate, or upkeep for the website.

>donate
You said it, you don't need to give them money so you don't unless they are good enough or any other biased standard you have, I also agree on giving money to the actual artist but then again, you are a pleb if you think that dialogs are unnecessary on doujins.

Based.

>I feel entitled to do whatever I want
nobody gives a shit man, why bother with the justification

>I also agree on giving money to the actual artist
Unless it's a doujin, the best course of action is to directly mail cash to the artist.

Not him but it's a really retarded mindset that pisses off any pirate with 2 neurons, not only doujins but music, movies, porn and any digital media that can be pirated.

>any translators or uploaders that have complaints are welcome to send them my way along with a payment corresponding to the number of downloads
>mfw

Attached: 1471102239202.png (427x319, 69K)

80% of doujins have the same over all dialog. Really it's only doujins based on comedy series or artists that can actually write that need translations

Attached: 1555874863721.webm (670x720, 1.14M)

Fucking jews.

That 20% that you pulled out of your ass it's still a big chunk of doujins though.

Original is in jap and in japanese dlsite so people won't bother because EOPs find it too hard to use sites without english.

Who reads hentai for story?

me

This guy apparently

If that's the goal, japanese artists should be capitalizing the chance they have by getting their work translated by themselves or by opening a crowdfounding site that allows gaijins that like their work to donate.

Even scanlators that take donations and want to go on a more moral way should just take what they need to buy the raws/keep their web and donate the rest to the artist they're getting the doujin from.

Artists should also be aware that their work devaluates as times goes and they can't always be trying to charge¥1000 per digital copy forever.

exhentai.org/g/798695/d68e7028c9/

>Translator works hard to translate Japanese only doujins and erotic works
>Genuinely only wants to share their favorite works with others, who normally would be unable to fully enjoy it
>Greedy japanese man comes in and demands the translator pay for translating, literally demanding someone work not for free, but pay to work
Fucking scumbag, translators don't make any money off their work and often only make enough in donations to reimburse the cost of the doujin. This means I essentially have to work for free, doing this out of the kindness of their own heart.

I mean there are ongoing series like distance and there are some that are actually more smut than hentai.

>by opening a crowdfounding site that allows gaijins that like their work to donate.
Please no patreon shit.

>do work people find valuable enough to donate money for
>jap guy who doesn't provide english versions of his work steals their work
If he wants to monetize the western market he could've hired pro translator and at least provide a way for consumers to buy it? Is that a difficult concept?

I won't read it if it doesn't at least have a serviceable narrative

get better taste

>Jewcob sending random scanlation websites to artists so there's a chance of making a deal
I can actually see this happening.

>he doesn't enjoy plot on his PLOT
Next thing you are gonna say is that you masturbate to 3D, fucking plebs.

>implying he would have potential customers if scanlations didn't exist
>implying the scanlators are getting paid for his manga and not being paid for the the time/energy they put into translating/editing
Scanlations are the sole reason we have so many otherwise obscure manga eventually being released officially in English. People read the scanlations. The author gains an English fanbase. Then years later a company releases that same manga in a physical format and people buy it. That's the only way Japanese manga can gain popularity in the west without a preinstalled fanbase.

If Japanese authors want to change this, they should be starting up patreons. Team up with scanlators to release free chapters and gather subscribers.

>upkeep for the website
imo paying for a site isn't a legitimate use. no one needs a website to scanlate, especially not since they're probably uploading to mediafire and whatnot anyways.

Hentai doujins probably need to be pushed out to the market a lot faster than manga.

Don't forget to mention the part where he is furious for not perceiving the profits of a product he never released. Just like those poor middlemen on the music industry bitching at the billions of trillions of dollars they loose on each illegal download.

I can't talk about the anons that translate and typset just because they want to share their love for a doujin, but some scanlation groups have patreon rewards like asking for $60 to get a 18 pages doujin translated.

sites like fantia are getting more popular among doujin artists, so probably crowdfounding sites may work better than trying to sell individual pieces of work. Besides, those sites are not bad per-se, but the bigger ones get greedier and greedier as they grow.

Well, it's a place to host their releases, and putting all your eggs in the single basket of an online reader website is a bad idea, as we've experienced time and time again.

People are less willing to pay for porn though,

>what are server costs, storage and backups
Not everything is a nice layout, a navigable place is good enough.

>some scanlation groups have patreon rewards like asking for $60 to get a 18 pages doujin translated
Private commissions are one thing, but waving around a particular doujin and asking in public for money to translate it is about as scummy as it gets.

Calling it “piracy” was the biggest mistake shareholders could make because pirates are inherently cool.

Or you could just get a word press

Good thing there are like a billion online readers

none of that is necessary. Just slap a mediafire link to a wordpress blog or some other free blog. website costs are just an excuse to get money.

I was under the impression that Wordpress blogs were easier to take down.

Normal people paying for 3D porn? Arguably, but then again we are taking about the western anime fanbase, if you throw actually good scans with nice resolution and uncensored on top of a good translation and you have a really nice product. Just don't fuck with everyone and out yourself as a complete jew.

Oh boy I sure love your 2005 style.

Why not support both the translator and the artist

because one is a criminal and one isn't.

rather than a Private comission, in the sense of "user pays for something and only that user gets the product" it seems more like an "sponsored by a guy translation", since the doujin gets publically released anyways. And even then, asking $60 for that while the doujin artist gets nothing is quite scummy.

>not supporting criminals

They're not criminals, we got pay back for Pearl Harbor twice over, they've paid their debts by now.

The usual term for it has always been "private commission", but yeah, most of the time the person commissioning it specifically requests that the translation be publicly released. I believe there have been cases where they have forbidden or delayed a public release though.

fucking phoneposters

Attached: snapshot20090324040026.png (704x396, 217K)

(((Fakku)))

Attached: Fakku.png (1152x1408, 727K)

whoa whoa whoa I'm pretty sure korea and the rest of asia would disagree with you.

The artist is morally not very different for plagiarizing their translations

>oh no I cant read a language
>please translator, translate this text so I can read it
>oh thanks, Im so grateful, heres some pitiful amount of money for the work you did

Translators truly are a menace to society.

nah

no u

;)

I gotta admit, it's been years and I still dont know what was purged from sadpanda or whats only on fakku to know if I should actually be mad or if I dont have to care care.
Back when it happened I didn't notice anything disappear from my favorites so I really cant say I can see how it affected me.

plagiarize a language?

>Mao-senpai's Faithful Servant

Attached: 1525455624398.png (476x635, 292K)

Umm he is saying that the work will be available on FAKKU AND on Japanese websites. Future work will only be available on FAKKU. You need to get better at Japanese.

All Wani magazines and tankoubons (Kairakuten, Kairakuten Beast, and Shitsurakuten are the main ones) have been purged. They've licensed BAVEL, Girls for M, and I think Koh as well, although those haven't been purged as far as I'm aware. They've also purged English translations of the few hundred doujins they've licensed.

fakku saved the day
this artists work will be available soon

Plagiarizing the work they did instead of paying them or hiring somebody else.

>he even speedreads the threads
How sad.

now confirmed the artist is working with Fakku
so those who want to support can buy it there
the rest of us can keep pirating

Attached: fakku.jpg (980x646, 113K)

what if someone post the doujin on Yea Forums? can fakku take down the site?

I was actually just considering donating to a couple groups because I really want some stuff to get translated/continue getting translations.

The first dude literally used google translate.

I can wait for the torrent

dunno if it will work
but im going to download the thing 10 times so galaxy brain senpai can get some cup noodles for the month

FAKKU would have to email Hiroshima and have him take it down
Safe harbor provisions allow sites to be free from legal ramifications if they work to remove copyrighted content

>West censoring vidya from japan
>Now Jewing with porn from japan
Such hypocrisy

based
shitty fan translators btfo

>pay for hentai
>pay for anything you can get for free
sorry bro, i'm not a fag

Attached: e10.png (2518x1024, 276K)

fucking jewcob

Attached: jewcob.png (719x960, 133K)

I feel better pirating now that I know he's getting paid more

Attached: 1551452886532.jpg (410x391, 70K)

I'd rather we have the option to buy if officially
plus it'll be uncensored no which is a big fucking win

The thing that annoys me is him DMCAing rips and scanlations, especially since Fakku started off by hosting scanlations. I doubt the existence of Horriblesubs takes away much in the way of revenue from CR; panda and other sites probably don't actually cut into Fakku's sales.

Do VNs count?

Attached: Ren vs Reinhardt.jpg (1364x1536, 424K)

They just retweeted the first tweet That doesn't mean the artist accepted. It's most likely a way to pressure him into accepting the deal.

Is there a list?

Ask on /h/'s sadpanda general. Something of the sort does exist.

just learn japanese with that money

Would this guy not care if the scanlation wasn't making a profit? His work is still being pirated regardless of translation or not, no? He's just mad about money? Nothing new, I guess.

lol no

>@5月コミティア
He's going to be at COMITIA. I'll go fuck him up. Gaijin pride worldwide.

How come he isn't attacking the Chinese hentai scene?

The Chinese hentai scenes is much much much larger than Western hentai scene.

The Chinese are not even helpful at all. They beg for raws from English scanlators when they don't have access to them.

Then when it is the West's turn to ask for raws, they don't respond or lock it behind some Chinese forum that needs like a lot of posts to unlock.

And what's worst about Chinese hentai translators is their awful scan quality and watermarks everywhere.

Anyways, why is this author so buttmad when the Chinese and the Koreans have a bigger pirate presence?

because they're not in front of him gloating about how they love pirating his work

Because they're not easily accessible like you described whereas you can just go on nhentai for free, peabrain.

Because Fakku contacted him, and Fakku is not in the chi/kor business?

>It's a the only version of the doujin available is the chink translation episode

Attached: 1329591207200.jpg (144x152, 6K)

I'll never understand why they all don't do this.

Comiket had a scandal 1 or 2 years ago when Comiket artists discovered some people have paid for doujins with Chinese or Korean currency.

Chinese and Korean pirates are much more hardcore than Western pirates.

Anime and Manga Scalpers of limited edition anime goods are usually Chinese or Korean as well.

Anytime some anime pirate uploader gets caught in Japan, its usually a Korean or Chinese as well.

Also, manga spoilers are usually from Chinese or nearby Asian countries who break manga embargo date.

So yeah, what caused this author to focus so much on the English scene?

The raw for this erotic manga probably came from a Chinese, Korean, or Japanese guy as well not a Western guy.

look at the OP post and see why the artist is upset

I guess the West is the only one he can take action against. He should be mad about piracy within Japan though else he's just a gaijin hater.

>let me jack your work, slap my shit all over it, and release it to my peeps for free

hey it's a service

bump

>literally fakku

seeth more

Wouldn't the first upload technically originate from Winny or Share or possibly some Chinese pirate site anyways?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winny

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_(P2P)

does the chinese hentai scene try to profit off their translations too?

>scanlator-kun sacrificed his ass so we have better scans for free now
10/10

Japs hardly ever pirate.

>artist says they'll put their doujin for sale online but the date has been undecided and it'll probably take a long period of time
>they then retweet ennorei supporting him
goddammit