What's the greatest shonen arc of all time and why is it the Soul Society arc?

What's the greatest shonen arc of all time and why is it the Soul Society arc?

Attached: soul1.jpg (1024x768, 152K)

It has soul.

fullbringer is the best arc in bleach but chimera ant arc shits on it and shits on all the best arcs from the best shounen and it's not even close.

Attached: episode 126pt2 HxH.webm (640x360, 1.74M)

Yorkshin shits on Chimemera.

OP spelled "chimera ant arc" wrong

i'm convinced only low iq retards who for some reason don't or can't appreciate the symbolism and themes in chimera ant arc think this.

yorknew is fun and fast-paced but that's all it is. there's not much about it that's deep. it's better than the vast majority of shounen arcs but it's not really art like chimera ant arc is. what, did the sudden cuts to ikalgo bore you that much? just suck it up. the pay off is immense.

Attached: 1555754964405.jpg (1209x7002, 730K)

>no tatsuki
arc was already shit before it even started

Attached: tatsuki.png (199x253, 82K)

Yorknew was still important as a foreshadow for CA arc

I dont know user. You tell me why

>Chimera Ant Arc
>Good

that arc was one of the worst Togashi ever wrote.The Chimera Ants are poor man's versions of the Arrancars, they are tacked on and come out of nowhere, the power scaling is shit, the art in the original manga chapters was shit, plus the hiatuses killed my interest even further.

Those last two would not be seen if you just watched the 2011 anime but overall it's still poorly done.

The chimera ants did come out of nowhere but they were nothing like the arrancats

BASED
CRINGE

Chimera Ant's symbolism is shallow as fuck and revolves around cliche pre-modern themes like muh relative morality. It's not like those themes are bad, but the only people who pretend that Chimera Ant is better than Yorkshin are the ones that can only analyze the outermost layers of a concept and think that having a narration where the roles of villain and hero are blurred is something experimental and new.
Meanwhile, Yorkshin is a reflection on the semiotics of battle shounen itself.

I enjoyed greed island a lot more than Yorknew.

t. 2011baby

11fag underage

>Hybrid like beings created out of human souls
>animal like features and transform into such
>lives in a white castle in the middle of a desert
>higher level hunters/Soul Reapers knew about them but stated that their evolution wasn't this quick. (Soul Reapers have a better explanation since they know why from Aizen and his magical mcguffin device).

The only thing missing from those would be arrancars is the cracked masks.

why was there a dog captain ?

This is the greatest shonen arc, and every good shonen arc rips it off

Attached: Santuario-12-casas-cavaleiros-de-ouro.png (2001x776, 2.15M)

Soul Society wasn't that bad, but collective, unlimited and undetectable hypnosis being behind everything is probably the dumbest plot twist in any fiction ever.

He's best captain and best doggo.

Perfect Origin > anything other battle shounen arc. Only everything involving the Hokuto Brothers from Part 1 of Fist of the North Star is as good.

Attached: A15.jpg (760x1200, 626K)

The one behind everything was Urahara though. He sending Ichigo to SS with an ulterior motive was the plot twist.

Chimera Ant is the greatest shounen arc.

This moment ruined the final battle.

Attached: Ep58BladeToTheNeck.png (836x622, 801K)

How?

This is what peak shonen look like

Attached: 1550955369409.jpg (1024x578, 62K)

boring af

so good the author just stopped trying to come up with something better and just "reskinned" the arc with northern/greek mythos