Phoenix conducts investigations, collects evidence, interrogates witnesses...

>Phoenix conducts investigations, collects evidence, interrogates witnesses, pins down the culprit and ultimately disculpates the defendant
>Miles Edgeworth actively tries to blame an innocent party while allowing the real culprit to escape from his crimes since he is not competent enough to correctly interpret the clues

>somehow we are supposed to believe that Edgeworth is smart

????

Attached: Bratsworth.png (310x465, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MAmOyTHbaes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Edgeworth is assburger

Phoenix is a bad father!
Trucy should go begging when she wants something like a brooch

Wright was a fraud who forges evidence.

t. miles

Enjoy your dark age of law trite

>Miles Edgeworth actively tries to blame an innocent party while allowing the real culprit to escape from his crimes since he is not competent enough to correctly interpret the clues
I know right? Just look what he did to me.

Attached: matt-engarde-119151.jpg (350x490, 59K)

Why did you post this on Yea Forums?

Have you even played the games past the first one ?

He is smart for what he is though? You know, an actual prosecutor. Phoenix cases aside, Miles' tactics worked for him and gave him victory. He's effectively prosecuted. I don't see where you're going with this.

It's different in his spinn off games

It's not a prosecutor's job to send innocent people to jail

user the prosecutors job is to send people to jail. Guilt and innocence are secondary to that.

He thinks the anime's existence justifies any Ace Attorney discussion here despite the fact INVESTIGATIONS WAS NEVER ADAPTED AS AN ANIME.

Are you genuinely retarded

Technically the state sends them to jail, a prosecutor only proves a case for the state against the defendant.

Well that's a good turn around. Can't argue with that.

Hell even that's too generous. The reality is a prosecutor has to convince 12 people that the person is guilty, which usually isn't too hard considering most people aren't particularly logical and he gets to screen the 12 for anti-authoritarian worldviews.

>The reality is a prosecutor has to convince 12 people
By the American system.

Well I mean in other parts of the world you have judges who just decide on their own or sometimes they kill a goat and read it's intestines for a verdict.

However since PW is clearly based on the American legal system and is set in america its bizarre that you would point out that its only how things work in America.

Attached: Stupid.jpg (289x425, 41K)

But this is wrong no? The defendant gets to choose the jury

>However since PW is clearly based on the American legal system and is set in america its bizarre that you would point out that its only how things work in America.

I can't risk replying, the bait whiff is way too strong.

>The defendant gets to choose the jury

Attached: 1545791250619.png (281x147, 25K)

The game is actually based on the Japanese system, where its more akin to 'guilty until proven innocent' as it is assumed that the investigators and prosecutors did their job properly.

It varies from state to state but generally potential jurors are briefly questioned by both attorneys and the judge to determine suitability.

Each attorney gets to remove potential jurors on various conditions such as bias. However both attorneys get a number of 'free' rejections which they can use without question.

This seems fair but most studies have shown that judges overwhelmingly approve prosecutor challenges and ignore defendant ones. Leading the juries stacked in the favor of the prosecution.

Attached: hamburgers.png (650x902, 214K)

>english names
begone

Attached: 1324449583834.jpg (500x364, 94K)

>However since PW is clearly based on the American legal system and is set in americ
I know this is bait but JESUS CHRIST

Attached: IMG_6978.jpg (424x518, 60K)

The game reiterates several time that justice is an imperfect ideal and the only way something resembling that can be achieved is by having both the defense and the prosecution duke it out as hard as they can. The prosecution IS supposed to doubt the defendant no matter what. If on the other hand the defense believes in them unfailingly, the truth should eventually come out.

>imperfect ideal
Oxymoron.

Also, I like how we keep believing in the fallacy of the middle ground, even though we technically already know that it's a logical fallacy.

>It's another "person who can't unto logic uses the term 'fallacy'" episode

That user isn't suggesting that a compromise between the truth and a lie is anything other than a lie. He's saying that having the points for and against a particular position presented as strongly and competently as possible is the best way to find the position that's most likely to be true. That's why free speech is important, too.

>since PW is clearly based on the American legal system

Attached: 1555660352803.png (400x240, 83K)

>He's saying that having the points for and against a particular position presented as strongly and competently as possible is the best way to find the position that's most likely to be true
And that is false.
You do not need somebody to defend arguments that he himself knows to be false.
Unfortunately court cases always involve opposing interests, and so you cannot take an actually scientific approach to things. And so we need to make do with a non-scientific method, while pretending that the "balance" will get us into the proximity of the truth.
What this really is about, is giving both parties a fighting chance.

Wanna know who was a genius?
Franziska.
>Be 18 year old who became a lawyer at 13 which should be fucking impossible even with typical genius level intellect.
>Then goes on to win every case for 5 years straight until she meets Phoenix.
>Even then she still manages to pin down who the killer is at the start of each trial and does her best to try and cover this up to only to be foiled by Gumshoe's incompetence, Phoenix having A Rank Luck, a sexy Ghost, the ability to see lies, and us plugging our controller into his ass.
Like jesus.

That sounds more retarded than Genius to be honest.
>MUH HONORU
>Fuck the system, I just want to win because i'm butthurt about a random lawyer beating my perfect record, so i'll jail innocents
>Somehow isn't in jail for assault with how autistic she is about using her whip on people
>Cries like a little girl when she drops the hard ass facade.

What makes you assume that your all-powerful science prosecutors are going to be both 100% benevolent (no political bias, no temptation from money or personal grudges, not a part of a corrupt cabal of some sort, etc.) and 100% competent? When has that ever described government at any point in human history? That also certainly isn't true with modern day scientists who DON'T have the guns of state directly under their command and receive most of their funding from tax dollars, is it?

>Fuck the system
Considering PW games use the Japanese law system where defendants are guilty until proven innocent it's not really fucking the system. Japanese are sheep and don't believe in reasonable doubt or anything of the nature.
>Somehow isn't in jail for assault with how autistic she is about using her whip on people
user we call a parrot to the stand. This game isn't exactly 100% legal realism
>>Cries like a little girl when she drops the hard ass facade.
And Edgeworth curls into a ball when an Earthquake happens and Godot kills his lover's mother because of overconfidence. The Prosecutors aren't exactly all stable.

>What makes you assume that [thing that I just said can't be done can be done]?
I don't assume that and you should know that I don't assume that because it goes directly against what I just said.

Edgeworth just wants more evil in the world by letting murderers and rapists run free. I guess you could say he's pretty edgy.

They all work on technicalities, so long as there some hyper vague chance the cornered criminal is NOT the one who did it, even if there's pretty much no room for doubt, they'll take advantage of that one little corner to dig them out of harm.

>Well you see, my client is screaming about murder this very instant, and is quite clearly a scumbag who doesn't deserve to see the light of day
>BUT, he is not specifying that it was the victim!!!
youtu.be/MAmOyTHbaes

Attached: 1544777841775.jpg (1024x576, 76K)

when did this get a translation

The Japanese legal system is busted because their society is too much focused on the group than the individual. So if the individual is the problem they're outcasts regardless of guilt.
The guy who played Tanimura in Yakuza 4 was falsely accused of using cocaine but despite getting found innocent he's been essentially blacklisted from any form of acting.
It's fucked up.

In the games Edgeworth uses logic while Poenix just uses some bullshit magic to know who is lying and who isn't.

>uses logic

Man, this game was such a disappointment. Especialy the mysteries part.

It will.

That sprite is clearly from the third one

Edgeworth put much more effort in his investigations
>Phoenix have 11 cases in 3 years
>Edgeworth have 9 cases in 3 weeks.

Best girl soon.

Attached: daughterwife.png (300x450, 92K)

What if they aren't false?

You will generally find that it is less important whether things are true than whether the person advocating them makes a good job of advocating them.
A jury is a group of 12 random schmucks. They are not experts. They can't objectively judge anything. It is not their job to find the truth. What is their job is to be subjected to your people skills.

>objectively
I shouldn't have used this word. I meant to say that they lack the capacity to properly analyze the arguments.
This has nothing to do with objectivity. I apologize for the blunder.

What disappointment?

Wouldn't you like to know?

Start of the month.

>Phoenix
>Miles Edgeworth
who?

Listen that man is pure he just wants a win real bad

>genius
>lost each case against phoenix wright

what did he mean by this

Not in the first game

Why aa threads always turn into autistic roleplaying and armchair lawyers? Fucking Yea Forumsermins

No name is better than Miles Edgeworth

t. miles

When there is based offense and based defense - its possible to reach out to the truth. It's his work till last moment trying get guilty verdict, dumbass. (also yeah, check Farewell, My Turnabout)

In japan your guilty until proven innocent.

Edgeworth delegates investigation to the police, because that's their jobs. It's not his fault Gumshoe is fucking stupid.