No one would even care about this boring crap if it weren't for the, admittedly, great visuals and sakuga moments...

No one would even care about this boring crap if it weren't for the, admittedly, great visuals and sakuga moments. I didn't even laugh once throughout the show, how do people find this "funny"?

Attached: 29714l.jpg (375x583, 71K)

It wasn't, people just can't admit kyoani has made bad shows.

>Japanese "humour"

Humour is subjective. I thought it was funny, and it's okay if you don't think its funny.

This is their only good show

I really wanted to like this as its fantastic to look at, but it aint no Azumanga.
No ammount of random surreal shit will make it automatically funny either.

this

azumanga wasn't funny either

Okay.

no
what makes you laugh is subjective
a well constructed joke can be recognized and appreciated by most even if it doesn't necessarily makes you laugh
nichijou has none of that

At least the girls were likeable.
Nichijou has shit characters.

the absurdist humor was funny to me.

the humour is contained in various elements

- unexplained extraordinary circumstances eg Hakase is an immature 8 year old girl who lives alone with a highly conscious humanoid robot that she built. Their interactions only highlight how impossible this scenario is since she is a brat who lies in a very 8 year old way. She designs off the cuff "a scarf that can make Sakamoto talk" (Sakamotos introduction was a very off the wall humerous moment"
- recurring jokes and motifs
- parody/satire is a huge portion of the show and deserves more elaboration than I can hope to bring. Ill list some common ones here a. Tsundere satire taken to 11 (one of the shows best features) b. Action sequence parody which is what you noticed c. the show is basically a satire of anime itself. d. archetype satire, the nervous teacher is probably my favorite as well as Sasahara
- Extreme exaggeration of mundane scenarios, as well as taking a joke waaay too far. NIkos failed attempt at making a joke, and her litany of failures at making a magic trick are examples of this method.
- randomness and other silly portions of the show. eg principle fighting a deer
- Nano and Hakase are just inherently funny and appealing characters in large part due to thier great VA skills

Overall you were right that the animation brings these elements to life and it is that perfect execution that makes it in my opinion at least a 9/10 SOL comedy

Attached: baka.jpg (1435x992, 233K)

the only shit character in Nichijou was the Hakase. everyone else was at least decent

The only decent one was Nano

Except it does, just look at

I like the manga a lot. Arawi's work is Andy Kaufman-esque. There's a convoluted logic behind the strangeness.

leaving aside the fact that parody and satire are among the most insincere forms of writing, spastic random insanity and exageration != well constructed joke, and it only takes you so far before it starts to feel trite
I can't believe anyone would laugh at the 'failed attempt at making a joke' bit. taking a joke way too far is not a positive

So what you are proving essentially is that humour is subjective

kanon and clannad were good. everything else felt half-baked

Attached: 1536877960187.jpg (351x358, 31K)

and off go the goalposts down the road. Thanks for reminding me of this show, needs a rewatch

>parody and satire are among the most insincere forms of writing

says who? it was mostly trope satire and it was well done

> spastic random insanity and exageration != well constructed joke

yes it is. Between these two you have what carries 90% of all comedy

Yeah, some people just can't admit they're lonely and they want some attention.

is subverting expectations okay? There was plenty of that or is that too 'random' for you. I dont know what you were looking for in a ching chong comedy, please tell us the humor method and give 5 examples. In fact just tell us your favorite comedy of all time so we can judge you

>when you're losing an objective debate and want to make it subjective

Wrong. Good humour always make people laugh. If it doesn't then the humour is just not good enough. No in-between.

>great visuals and sakuga moments
The manga has official English releases of all 10 volumes as well as Helvetica Standard so I'm sure people cared about more than just that even in the west.

Attached: ヘルベチカスタンダード_023.jpg (1433x2124, 548K)

Even the best stand up comedians can't make EVERYONE laugh, the same goes for comedy shows. Humour isn't absolute, "good" and "bad" humour doesn't exist. For example some people find lame puns extremely funny, while others don't.

There isn't a single show or comedian with "good" humour that can make everyone laugh.

I can hear this page

Can this poor show just stop getting stupid bait threads for just one week?
Man whoever on here wished for an amazing Nichijou adpation must have been feeling real monkey pawed the past 8 years

> gets challenged and cant put up

huh

I generally dislike japanese humour, so I'll go with an example from a movie that uses absurdist humour as well to varying degrees of effectiveness.
Life of brian
>latin lesson
hilarious and well constructed joke
>ufo picking
unfunny nonsense for the sake of randomness
Almost all of nichijou comedy fall into the second category.
Ideall good comedy would also work off of characters, but the characters in nichijou are mostly bland when not downright unlikeable.