Difficulty following manga

Anyone else have trouble exactly seeing what’s going on in a manga? Especially during a fight scene, most of the time it feels like a bloated mess of black and white that I can’t seem to ever get the hang of.

Attached: B488422F-72CA-4894-ABD3-38330178F796.jpg (225x350, 25K)

This but with anime.

>Yea Forums unable to read
what else is new

just pretend to get it and move on.

There are mangaka who are better at depicting action than others, but usually it's not too difficult to understand what's going on.

You're not alone OP. I've seen some pretty incoherent panels in my time. I'm not much of a mangafag though.

Buy the official release, there’s no good pirated scans of it, unfortunately. It suffers the same thing as Ashita no Joe’s manga.

What, are you talking about PP manga? I read it on mangadex and they provided good scans.

Only when the page decides to suddenly be in 640x480 resolution just because the page has a huge as fuck panel in it, it happens more commonly than you think.

Manga barely requires any reading, I’m not talking about reading, I’m talking about the art in general being hard to see what’s going on

Yes, I can't follow action in manga at all.

There were a good number of scenes in Blame! where this happened to me.

>fight scenes
just move on until the power up talk.

yeah but once i reread blame the second time i could clearly understand all the fights.
i think a major issue is a lot of characters look similar, and the style + black and white can make it hard to distinguish details

Happened me in Magi after the jew arc

I struggle to follow fight scene in manga too but I realized that it wasn't the case when I was reading dragon ball as a kid.Some people are just not good enough to make it clear while some like Toriyama are great at it.

It's autism. You get used to it.

I have it too sometimes, but I think it's two different issues for me.

The first is that sometimes the page is too "dark". Some artists can't use black and white well enough to create contrast and make things stand out so everything just blends together. Other artists are better at this however. I often have this problem with Shinju no Nectar.

The second problem is that sometimes the "choreography" makes no sense. Fight scenes where authors don't follow the 180 rule, or it's all just a blur of swishes and lines and it takes you a second to figure out what the characters are actually doing. Though I can't think of an example from the top of my head.

I think Mato Seihei no Slave is a good counterexample in that regard. The art feels very "light" (ie. I can clearly see what's going on despite it being in black and white) and most of the time the choreography seems to make sense.

All that being said, it must be pretty difficult to draw a good fight scene. After all, you have to convey the same sensation as fluid animation using only a select number of still shots. Use too few and nobody knows what's going on, use too many and you're dragging things out and ruin the flow.

Attached: 15[1].png (764x1200, 346K)

It depends on the manga. Dragon Ball is typically godtier when it comes to composition and paneling, so its impossible to NOT follow whats going on. Contrast that with something like Made in Abyss where Its so cluttered and filled with hard to parse bullshit that I'm tempted to just drop it and wait for the new movie/S2.

Most of this is because of scanlation quality. Even the best scans are still scans.

Nah. Stuff like Trigun is just confusing to read.

The entire Motorball arc in Alita is an eyesore for this reason. The paneling is so difficult to follow in the more intense scenes, that it often became a guessing game for me in discerning what the fuck is exactly happening.

I had this problem back when I was an EOP, but after learning Japanese I realised it's just because translators are completely fucking incompetent.

Following the flow of dialogue and combat in Japanese is completely trivial.

t brainlet

Attached: 1500912308788.png (263x200, 21K)

Cringe

Can someone post examples?

This. It's just like western action movies; some have good choreography with clear angles while some have rapic cuts of extreme close-ups that look like epileptic shit.

Nobody asked who you are.

I bought the manga and then I checked for the scans just because and found out that you can actually find the high quality digital version easily and there's no difference from the physical copy

Literally the only manga that I ever had this problem with is One Piece.

>Literally the only manga that I ever read is One Piece.
We know.

Only if the artwork/paneling is shit. Trigun for example.

The fight scenes in Blade of the Immortal were really easy to follow even though they could be pretty complex. It depends on the mangaka, I guess.

Attached: blade-of-the-immortal-1954687[1].jpg (750x1120, 101K)

No. Ping Pong is just poorly drawn shit.

/thread

The art is more realistic and easy to understand than 99% of manga and there's barely any action, and when there is they're just playing ping pong so there's nothing difficult to follow. So stfu and go back to your moeshit

>moeshit boogeyman
I don't even like moe.