Here your olympic ambassador bro

Here your olympic ambassador bro...

>no saber
>no pikachu
>no ichigo
>no ippo
>no kirito
>no full metal alchemist

Attached: ED647618-D240-442A-B5C4-22D56FA1BB3A.jpg (800x440, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HB6Ch_VAfIk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_mascots
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the series in that image actually matter to people other than smelly otaku

no one you mentioned should be there beside pikachu, who is probably not there because he's already in the announcement same as doraemon and mario, all 3 who probably have a bigger role

Dumb American

>full metal alchemist
>>>/MAL/

WHAT THE FUCK WHERE IS DEKU

Is't Goku the Olympic?

why precure and ghost cat from pokémon clone?

>Owakon Watch
>Mahou Shitkai Precure
nope

>naruto
Fuck that shit.

How old are those girls on the right?

>lists saber before Pikachu
>lists saber at all
How do you expect me to take you seriously even if this is bait?

>no Pikachu
Why would anyone want a mascot who has never won a fucking league in two decades?

Pikachu's the only valid complaint you've got, but I guess that yokai thing is the zoomer replacement.
Seriously though, why the fuck wouldn't they include Pikachu?

Attached: 1530227045144.gif (250x251, 999K)

But he won the orange league

Pikachu is a loser.

>a league where Ash only needs to beat a single guy
>an official league
top kek

Pikachu and Godzilla are now too american for their taste.

Where is Totoro? Or is Ghibli being hipster and not selling out to the filthy masses for some pointless reason?

Attached: A1mPp3HAfcL._SX355_.jpg (355x355, 29K)

Detective Pikachu made them disown Pokemon.

>Naruto
Um, shouldn't it be BORUTO - the new generation?

Why would Japan use a burrito to promote the Olympics?

Miyazaki probably didn't want his works to be associated with the olympics for some inane reason

The Yokai are based on actual japanese monsters from myths and are very culturally relevant in that regard despite any stylistic choices.

Pikachu was already in an official announcement

How is nobody pointing out that this is technically the second time Sun Wukong represented a country in the Olympics?

Attached: 1200px-YamataNoOrochi.jpg (1200x578, 365K)

Boruto obviously was never part of the big 3

But Boruto is the offspring of one of the Big 3.

>no Kumiko
What garbage.

Attached: 1541420311458.jpg (1200x1116, 209K)

>yokai watch
>astro boy
>shin chan
>actually mattering to people outside of anime fandom today
lmao

No, one punch?

At least two of those are icons in several countries

I get they want the heavy hitters, but it seems a bit of an oversight to miss out something that is currently relevant. They're all older picks, I would have gone for at least one something with major current sway. The only one there thats really big right now still is OP; DBZ is just spic trash outside of the recent Broly. Plus filling it up with basically shounen vs magical girl really glosses over a good chunk of the industry.
Still hate that fucking Nardo has so much normalfag appeal

Attached: baby_dan_dan.jpg (570x617, 412K)

kill yourself

Literally not one person gives a shit about borutrash

Still no where near the popularity level. Also didn't that little nigger cheat in the ninja Olympics?

He's the kind of person who would praise the 1964 Olympics for being so important and inspiring for Japan and would hate the new one because it's too commercial.

Where's the Cowboy Bebop, the Lupin the Three, the Gundroids, and the Inoyashas?

Naruto is more popular or “was more popular then one piece internationally if I remember right , makes sense it’s there

>No Yugi/Atem.

Oh come on...

Attached: dbq2qpj-c9b2d571-40b9-4a71-9e7d-695774441ed9.png (613x598, 177K)

>Still hate that fucking Nardo has so much normalfag appeal
Probably because it was good.

It's not a celebration of international appeal; it should be a nip thing because its the fucking nip olympics. Going off your logic an American Olympics would be very self-deciprocating as it parades around 600kg lardbbeasts becuase that's what everyone else around the world sees in burgerland and finds fun to laugh at.

(You)

Attached: bVIII.png (538x522, 101K)

>Probably because it was good.
Before the timeskip yes
After only had a few good moments

>nardo
>good
>ever
>Before the timeskip yes

Attached: wrong.png (500x400, 234K)

What about cpt Tsubasa? He used to be pretty big some time ago

Naruto had a lot going for it, the quality may have dropped drastically during the timeskip, but arcs such as Wave and the Chunin Exams was weeb kino and gave it the fame it has today. Call it shit all you want, but it had something going at the right place and the right time.

Worst precure before the one after it.

>187574876
>
I cannot realise I'm in a timeline when dumb fucking underages who watched Nardo are now old enough to post. And they're trying to defend it.

Attached: bitch_ass_nigga.jpg (1125x1262, 202K)

>if someone likes something that I disliked then they must be underage
Why are retards allowed to live?

population control

Sorry that I don't regurgitate old memes to look "cool" in front of my anonymous peers.

>Everybody like...has their own opinion man...
you can't like...tell people they're wrong for liking something
>haha but did you hear about that fucking retard that eats his own shit and drank piss because he liked it, what a fucking idiot

>WELCOME THE WORLD
>not WELCOME ZA WARUDO
THEY HAD ONE JO JOB

Attached: 1295648218610.jpg (589x564, 179K)

Yokai Watch and Shin-chan mean nothing to nobody who's not a Jap. Should've had Joe Yabuki and Pikachu.

Shin-Chan is popular outside of Japan, though
Especially in the Netherlands

Aren't you 3 years later for this thread? Anyone knows if the Baby Metal managed to win the poll to play in the Olympics?

Isn't Pokemon banned in some countries? I guess they went for the second best option that definitely is Yokai Watch.

Pikachu is a host, you nigger.
That's above ambassador.

This
All those other names only appeal to creepy manbabies; nintendo probably asked too much for pikachu's rights

Not even the hardcore fans of Naruto think Boruto is canon.

>Yokai Watch
>>What is Digimon
>>What is YuGiOh

>What is Digimon
A very obscure franchise that is only big on a very small community of old men around the world.
>What is YuGiOh
Come on, you could say that is at the same level as Yokai Watch since nobody cares for it outisde of Japan anymore, but you can't, since Yokai Watch is bigger.

Attached: Tokyo 2020 Anime Ambassadors.png (560x893, 527K)

The Big 8.

It's official, folks. These are all THE anime of Japan - of all time.

Sorry, Black Clover. Sorry MHA. Sorry HxH.

My grandpa recognize all of these except Precure and Yokai Watch, is his powerlevel acceptable?

>Yokai Watch
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

>Kumiko
>this user's choice for ambassador
What garbage.

Attached: 1405457052284.png (332x389, 112K)

>no bunch of literal who trash that nobody cares about other than their insignificant NEET fanbases care about
Exactly. You didn't even get pikachu right since he's actually been in the Olympics publicity along Mario.

Why didnt they just use Honoka and Nagisa? They're the most iconic and aren't already irrelevant. Plus it's not like this precure is even aired outside japan either, unlike futari wa which at least got a dub. There's no relevance factor anymore, no international appeal... What's the point

Yeah, Yato should be up there instead.

Maybe we get Kirino somewhere, since she already is an ambassador of Japan.

Attached: 1455124746202.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

MERCHANDISING

Ah, true that
I almost forgot it wasn't a toy commercial first and foremost

They should have put a Gundam in this image

Sucking what's his face explosion nigger in some corner, I pressume.

Where is Haruko from FLCL?

Detective Pikachu synergy

Hahaahaahahaahahaahaahahaha!!!!!!!!

Damn, waifufags truly are pathetic.

Pikachu and maybe FMA are the only two things on that list you could make an argument for.

Everyone else doesn't even parse. Especially not Kirito or Ichigo you bait-poster.

Fuck pokemon, fuck pikachu and fuck you.

Precure is the last real Maho Shoujo that isn't lesbian psychos killing each other/people disguising itself as maho shoujo. Precure sucks, but it's all they have left.

As for Yokai Watch I have no fucking clue.

>goku already stronger in powerlevel than all others
what is the point?

>the father of all anime
>the most popular girls anime
> the 3 most popular boys anime with billions of kids growing up on em
>the most Japanese comedy show to have ever be made that is STILL RUNNING
>A really popular craze that is huge with the kids and is beating out pokemon in japan.

From anime quality perspective these aren't amazing choices, but they are more than qualified for the job as mascots.

I do agree that no pikachu is weird, but it could be that nintendo were assholes and pulled drama when offered to have him used as mascot.

Like 12/3 yo.

astro boy is still a known figure in most asian countries, fuck off goblino

>hurr why no popular anime characters I like
why didn't Japan ask your opinion as the master of animes, fuck them

Not everywhere in the world USA you mutt. Shin Chan is huge in Asian countries.

Didn't they make an Astro Boy movie a couple years back?

No Gundam, Godzilla, Kamen Rider, or any kind of toku or kaiju is just stupid as far as impactful on Japanese media and culture

To be fair to the other user, if it's only Asia that Shin-chan is popular in, then most people don't care about Asian countries that aren't Japan, China, or Korea. Though, says that Shin-chan is popular in Europe, too. Guess it's kinda like Lupin; never caught on in America for whatever reason.

>precure sucks
eat shit nigger
why they chose Mahou is an actual question though

The card game has its own olympics user

are Aqours doing a song for the olympics or is that a dumb rumor

Attached: 1539033681190.jpg (374x374, 41K)

wouldn't they do the airing one in that case

Attached: 1550558037472.jpg (836x900, 209K)

>"the big 3" pushed down our throaths by anime fans in the west for a decades
>supposed to be the three ongoing manga with the biggest popularity outside Japan
>Luffy is there
>Naruto is there
>Ichigo isn't

Bleachfags BTFO, is it all because of that failure of a last arc?

1. Old ass news
2. Who gives a shit they'll just be on advertisements for japan stores only

LOL FAGGOT THIS IS THE JAPANESE BIG 3. NA REIGNS SUPREME. BTW HOW WAS THE 50K WORLD SEEKER SALES DOING FOR YOU GUYS. ONE PIECE IS LITERALLY SHILLED! BY BANDAI EVEN THOUGH IT GETS BAD SALES. Oh and please my dear boy please don't seethe at this crossover event on the second highest grossing game in Japan right now

Attached: D5EiZ9wWAAARPR4.png (680x383, 468K)

I remember seeing an updated Olympics graphic last year that had changed the Precure to the main character airing in that year's season.

I'm fully expecting the final design for the group used in the merchandise and promotional art in the immediate run up to, and during the Olympics will use the character's from next year's show.

Your all caps comment associating the series succes to it's videogames sales trully opened my eyes to how great Blach is.

"japanese" success ftfy and your welcome.

Attached: 1525748279104.jpg (750x1000, 164K)

TPCi is incredibly strict with their brand. Most blatant scenario is how the Pokemon amiibo do absolutely nothing for other games, even in Super Mario Maker while they do get you a costume, they don't use any Pokemon sound effects like how say a Link amiibo costume would use Zelda sound effects

>no Sakura

Attached: confused_anime_kaiju_with_big_interrogation_mark_on_her_head.jpg (840x1008, 414K)

The fact that Captain Tsubasa isn't one of the ambassadors triggers me.

>no Boku no Pico
im upset

Why must the nip government insist that anime is strictly a childish media?

Attached: 1521728799818.png (384x379, 183K)

Wasn’t the relaunch of Yokai swatch so bad that they stopped it and went back to how it was before?

Sakura is only popular in tacoland, they need to appeal to the entire world you know.

I guess it reflects Japan
A marketable country

>no Doraemon
>no Sazae
>no Tsubasa
>no Conan

Are you saying it isn't?

Attached: 1539061075799.jpg (419x383, 81K)

Strictly? No it isn't. There are plenty of stories and characters crafted for functional adults.

That's literally just seinen which is the 10% of anime at most, shows like VEG are aimed at teenagers.

Haha epic troll my guy. Teenagers totally aren't the kind of brain dead maggots that call slow shows boring, oh no.

Fuck off kid.

Attached: 1376127855493.jpg (191x254, 10K)

>literally who yokai cat is more important than Pikachu

Only agree with
>no pikachu

What you are missing:
>no conan
>no mario

Why are Maho cures still there?

where's inspector gadget?

Attached: Old enough for kisses.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>The Yokai are based on actual japanese monsters from myths and are very culturally relevant in that regard despite any stylistic choices.

This. Putting in Youkai Watch is basically a way to add the youkai folklore and shintou into the whole deal.
All of those are popular brands, but aside from Naruto, all of them are based around foreign settings. Whether it's the Chinese wuxia for Dragon Ball, Carribean pirates for One Piece, pseudo-European mahou shoujo stories,...

>Normal people knowing what YKW or Precure is

>olympics in japan
this is gonna be interesting
o mae wa mou shindeiru

>no Kenshiro
>no HnK representation at all despite being one of the best-acclaimed series, even to this day
My disappointment is palpable and my lack of surprise immeasurable

Attached: 1555386997548.png (320x240, 79K)

I'm sure they'll explain them on the official website or whatever.

Fucking newfags ITT. The biggest omission should be obvious

Attached: 5565.jpg (852x1201, 329K)

To be fair, the Yokai Watch shit was probably decided upon 3+ years ago when that shitty fart song was sweeping Nihon.

Kenshiro would look really out of place among those characters.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHERE IZ ISHIGO

>yfw they play this during the opening ceremony
youtube.com/watch?v=HB6Ch_VAfIk

I know. He'd be the only good character there.

Attached: 1554525855931.jpg (299x400, 52K)

>pikachu
k

>Sorry, Pokémon.
Suuure.

>boring moralfag better than Sailor Moon, Mahou Precure, and Shin-chan

Attached: 1531971172361.jpg (720x720, 44K)

If you had to pick 8 different series to accurately and properly represent all of Manga/Anime to the ENTIRE world what would you pick?

@187588654
>moralfag argument
Not even worth a (You). If you can't see that he's the best shonen protagonist then you're beyond saving.

Attached: Hokuto_no_Ken.png (1024x600, 727K)

Cringe.

Shin-chan makes sense, in that image it's the only airing anime that's relevant in other asian countries, not much in western countries though. Is Yokai even popular outside of Japan?

Surprised that Conan didn't make it though.

>ctrl+f Akira
>0 results
Plebs

Shounen Jump? More like Shounen Just.

Attached: just-in-color.jpg (962x1400, 1.59M)

>no EVA 01

Attached: eva01.jpg (257x196, 8K)

Not really. In Cure form each have 18/19. So it's fine.

I'm baffled that they didn't use anime characters that actually play a sport. Not only Ippo, but also (and even more important than him) Joe, Hanamichi Sakuragi and Tsubasa Oozora.

>no real life rolemodels, historical or still living, so they have to use entirely fictional ones instead
Pretty embarrassing to be honest.

>Weaboo thinks that because all he knows from Japan are cartoons there's no historical or still living role models there.

I didn't say I know everything. Japan's the one using fictional ambassadors, so clearly they don't have any worthwhile non-fictional ones they can use instead.

isn't there any other more popular series based around japanese folklore?
Maybe Lum?

This

>saber
>ichigo
>ippo
>kirito
Kill yourself, you fucking idiot.

I mean, either that or they just have more faith in their cartoon ambassadors over their IRL ones. Which arguably is an even worse thing I guess.

They know that anime is a huge export and will bring in tourism and overseas views, dingus. All of these characters are instantly highly recognizable and will connect to a wide group of people around the world.

Show my an olympic mascot that wasn't fictional.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_mascots

In fact, the absolute majority of mascots were made specifically for the event.

Attached: OlympicMascots_InternationalOlympicCommittee_Ringer.0.jpg (1200x800, 328K)

t.Hamburger
Leave your smelly shithole and learn about other places instead of talking out of your ass, idiot.

I'd say VEGtards are far slower than the show itself. Also yes, there's absolutely nothing inherently mature about how Sabergarden manages its characters and themes.

Yes, absolutely. Except for Shin-chan maybe.

Don't waste your breath, he's either a retard, trolling or both.

Ambassadors are different from mascots bro
incidentally japan also has mascots, of course. These things

Attached: 1704.jpg (300x180, 12K)

>implying anyone othet that the most putrid of Otaku and weeb NEETS give even the most insignificant of fucks about Shitcure
Other than that, you're absolutely right.

Astroboy is pretty known, even my parents have watch it in their childhood.
Also, Yokai Watch is known among kids nowadays.

arent these just TOEI franchises

>3 Toei anime
Why Youkai Watch instead of Kitaro?

Shin-chan is very popular in Latin America

Well Bleach just didn't have the staying power that the other 2 have. They had a nice start but lost momentum pretty fast

Because its primary audience is young teens & kids? non-sexual adult anime is a niche

>no FMA
thank god for that, shit is only overrated in burgerland

nobody elsewhere cares about that dead forgotten series

>Yokai Watch getting some rep
Thank, God. I don't want the franchise to die. The TV show is much too charming for the series to suffer a premature death.

This stuff isn't chosen based on the quality of the product itself. It's retarded you'd even assume that after living on this world for I assume longer than 18 years. It's based on popularity, so these 'classics' that are no longer relevant won't show up anytime ever

These four are literal whos outside of Japan, and for all their popularity in Japan, they have made little cultural impact there, whereas the other five have had enormous cultural impact. If it's just anime characters, then I think adding a Gundam to represent the whole mecha genre would have been more reasonable. Maybe even a Digimon or Yugioh, or even Totoro.

Attached: 1556318459324.jpg (800x440, 153K)

PreCure's annual revenue is 44.8 billion yen (2004-2018, revenue 627.8 billion yen)

Sailor Moon earns 35.7 billion yen a year (1992-2006, revenue 500 billion yen)

Card Captor Sakura has a revenue of 7.2 billion yen a year (1999.4 to 2000.3)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica's three-year revenue of 40 billion yen (2011-2013)

CCS's influence is not comparable to PreCure and Sailor Moon
Not even as good as Madoka

Attached: uv6yDpB.jpg (2048x1536, 556K)

>2000年 市場規模 1兆6800億円

DoReMi
>25位 おジャ魔女どれみ 0.63%

CCS
>33位 カードキャプターさくら 0.43%

>2001年 市場規模 1兆6300億円
>12位 おジャ魔女どれみシリーズ 1.83%

PreCure

>2004年 市場規模 1兆6300億円
>12位 ふたりはプリキュア 1.63% 266億円

>2005年 市場規模 1兆6100億円
>6位 ふたりはプリキュアシリーズ 3.52% 567億円

>2006年 市場規模 1兆6018億円
>11位 ふたりはプリキュアシリーズ 2.15%

>2007年の小売市場規模は1兆5936億円
>9位 ふたりはプリキュアシリーズ 2.78%

>2008年の小売市場規模は1兆5400億円
>7位 ふたりはプリキュアシリーズ 3.24%

>2009年
>5位 ふたりはプリキュアシリーズ 3.96%

>2010年度のキャラクター商品の小売市場規模は1億6170億円
>5位 ふたりはプリキュアシリーズ 4.74%

>2012年 キャラクターランキングベスト100 計1兆6060億円
>6位 プリキュアシリーズ 3.93%

Madoka
>59位 魔法少女まどかマギカ 0.25%

>2013年
>5位 プリキュアシリーズ 3.93%

>2014年
>10位 プリキュアシリーズ 2.69%

>2015年
>7位 プリキュアシリーズ 2.80%

>2016年
>7位 プリキュアシリーズ 3.11%

Doraemon is applying for the Olympic ambassador
These are the Olympic ambassadors.
Doraemon is higher than their status

Attached: 1239860_347776868690214_554933793_n.jpg (960x717, 145K)

Attached: DXKy7xjU8AA9BkU.jpg (2048x1376, 697K)

You're wrong about shinchan. It's popular in the weirdest places. Spain used to go absolutely nuts for it. I went there a few times in the early 2000s and there was shinchan everywhere.

PreCure's influence is higher than you think

Attached: DRpZB4ZUEAIMHnY.jpg (900x1200, 224K)

you mean Vocaloid, right?

>Mahou
>Not Futari Wa or whatever next years season is

Anyone claiming that these characters don't matter outside of Japan have obviously never visited SEA.

I really hate how Americans online think the shit they watch on Crunchyroll or see spammed on Yea Forums is actually representative of anime that is watched by the rest of the world.

Based Doraemon literally the main icon of Olympic.

Attached: Doraemon.jpg (600x600, 75K)

Good post

otaku are embarrassing

Attached: 6d0d73db.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

>shinchan
>literally who outside of japan
>little cultural impact
Not that they care about representing anime genres anyway... But Astroboy is already there and representing mecha

>no saber
good,.
>no ichigo
ichiwho?
>no kirito
now you're just shitposting

>no Illya and Kuro
What the fuck?

>Amerifats doubting based Shin-Chan

This is what you get with your "hilarious" dubs toonamifags

Attached: shinchanandfriends.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

I don't see these three anywhere. I hope the medals don't go missing...

Attached: trio.jpg (4093x2894, 2.26M)

Ok, I get why those characters are on there. Except for the two sluts on the right. What the hell are they from?

>shit talking motherfuckin Astro Boy
Nigga I will fight you.

Attached: 1556197333946.png (506x487, 217K)

There's a shit ton of missing characters who should be on that list.

Attached: pic related.png (960x720, 658K)

Can anybody translate what these say?

It's probably just saying what each anime is about.

>no lupin
lame

Mirai and Riko over Nagisa and Honoka is the only real issue with that image besides possibly the lack of Lupin and Gundam. Stay mad, burger.

Yeah now that you mention it they should have put him in out of respect for MP
Then again that requires Japanese to not be shitheads

Mahoutskai Precure, but the real question is , Why Miracle and Magical over everyone? In that sense the Twinkles would be better or hell the Huggtos.

It updates as new seasons come out, see
As for why the newest season and not nagisa and honoka, see

So most likely, it won't even be StarTwinkle's Cures, but whatever the newest Cure team is next year.

Attached: 1555713362462.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Posts like this remind me of just how useless global rule 2 is.

Yeah.

do the japanese like Heartcatch as much as westerners
should've been Tsubomi and Erika

>Why must the nip government insist that anime is strictly a childish media?
user, go to Yea Forums's catalogue and enter the threads for any currently airing late night anime which is supposedly being aimed at "adults".
You'll understand very quickly why the nip government are pretending that shit doesn't exist.

Attached: Consider this.gif (294x233, 695K)

>sailor moon
>literally who
>shitruto
>songoku
>some princess
>astroboy
>shin chan
>some cat
What is this, I thought Goku was supposed to be the one.

>some princess
Actually, she's a baker.

Really, in that dress, it'll get dirty.

That's a fair point but pretending stuff like Evangelion, Yuasa, Hosoda and Shinkai movies, recent KyoAni series and other productions that are made with a much older audience in mind do not exist is purposely trying to diminish an entire art form.
You don't have to include isekai or moe trash in there, just don't pretend only kids consume animation. It's the exact same disease that killed western animation.

Fixed.