youtube.com/watch?v=PiauQ7P7mtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4TGZCUsS8Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=7Vz7b5EGeR0
bakemonogatari.fandom.com/wiki/Musubimonogatari
pastebin.com/Tx86ye9L
pastebin.com/kqhZShZu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mostly nostalgia.

At the time it aired, her character design made her one of the prettiest girls ever. Bakemonogatari looked amazing at that time.

And her romance was super cute too. Image related. This ending made everyone warm and fuzzy. It was a 10/10 episode.
It might be hard to understand this nowadays. This has lost most of its value considering the direction the series went. It's officially a harem now, Araragi is the guy groping naked girls, and she had a haircut, so the beauty is gone - especially now when other anime looks just as good. And she's still "the girlfriend" while Araragi does all this stuff, which just devalues her even more.

Attached: 1374703881805.jpg (1920x1080, 101K)

She felt real.

bantz

She is sexually aggressive which appeals to beta anime cucks who are too afraid to take inititive with women themselves.

>It's officially a harem now
It always was, Bake was one of the most fanservice-y and harem-y seasons in this entire series too and the only reason people don't say this was that it happened to be followed by Nise which outdid it in those two aspects. Note how everyone only ever talks about the same 2-3 scenes from Bake and never the entire thing.
Harems having a 'main girl' is also extremely common too, for better or worse. I dunno why Yea Forums has so much trouble wrapping their heads around this with this series.

She is one of the only girls in the series that you could possibly believe exists in real life. Almost all the other girls are shamelessly full on waifubait.

She's a staple of her series.

>girl
>pretty
>actually female
>breathing
Isn't that enough?

Past Nise? I couldn't really tell you. By then she was hollowed out and lost any strong sense of definition she once had - and her role as the love interest is poorly fulfilled.

Back in Bake there was a legitimate buildup of tension and emotional weight in her and Araragi's relationship, allowing her big moments to hit home. In Nise there was less emotional buildup, but she retained some distinguishing traits and her dynamic with Araragi was still solid. Now, however, she only shows up to be involved in grand gestures that attempt to function as catharsis but can't due to the lack of build-up, or in short cameos to say something "savage" or "cool". It ends up that all of her good lines, however good they are, might as well have been said by someone else, and she no longer carries weight outside of nostalgia. And to top it off her chemistry with Araragi - which was never the best in the series, but at one point was at least good - has only grown stale with time.

To clarify, it's not as though she isn't at all entertaining anymore, rather, it's that despite being a decent character she no longer carries any - or at least a significant amount - of my investment in the series. I guess you could just say I'd rather spend my time elsewhere - like she's an eight in a sea of tens.

>has a boyfriend and the series hasn't ended yet
she's just another skank that'll never look your way or mine. Time to move on. ;_;

Same question, but elaborate with pictures please.
I'm too much of a brainlet to even finish Bake.

True

She looks cute

Kill yourself.

She has a good amount of character within her. I hated watching Bake and I would avoid her romantically. But I do respect her and Araragi's relationship.

>Girl that stabilizes you on first contact
>kidnaps you
>cuckqueen that sits by as her boyfriend builds himself a harem
>real
What girls do you guys interact with in real life

Every line of dialogue out of her mouth is one of the best ever written in all of anime.

Three dimensional character who shows different sides of herself and develops in personality as time goes on.

Relatively unpredictable, sometimes you think you know what she's going to do in response to something and she does, other times she surprises you.

In any other series she would easily, without question be best girl. In monogatari, it's arguable who best girl is, only because there are so many other 10/10s.

>I don't get it
Sucks to be you.

Attached: 1122312445341.jpg (650x720, 81K)

I don't understand people who say she's poorly characterized later on or stagnant. Even in her few appearances you can see how she steadily becomes more comfortable with showing weakness. By owari2 she admits casually to learning to drive to surprise araragi, doing something expressly for his benefit. By zoku she asks proactively whether araragi saw her in the mirror world and has no problem expressing that she wants to know about what he thinks of her. She stops threatening to kill araragi/other people if he cheats in an awkward attempt to appear tough. Where's the lack of development? Every single time she appears her character takes a step forward.

What's her appeal?

Attached: images.jpg (297x170, 8K)

Now THIS is the girl I genuinely don’t get why anybody likes. She is a bland dumb bitch who’s only personality trait is wanting to fuck Araragi.

Get out of here, normalfag.

>who’s only personality trait is wanting to fuck Araragi

Not even THAT. She was a selfish bitch who romanticized unrequited love and was keeping their friendship in a constant state of neutral so she could keep that fuzzy feeling of seeing your crush, without ever doing ANYTHING about it.

I think it was more about the presentation of her character rather than the character traits themselves.
I only like her because she’s a selfish slut, lol.

normalfags like cunts

>he only watched bake

Reddit.

>Female, young, long hair, big breasts, long legs, white skin, alluring voice, virgin, likes banter and to be walked gently
I really don't know user.

Reddit officially banned Senshougahara lewds.

Attached: __senjougahara_hitagi_monogatari_series_drawn_by_yadokugaeru__e4563a92c08470603aa7233d2421c030.jpg (637x900, 176K)

shes the best female in all of anime, nisio isin is the best writer and shinbo&co is the best directing team

i genuinely believe this.

Attached: akiyukisimba_waifu2x_art_noise2_scale_tta_11.png (958x846, 381K)

Yeah, I too was 15

this

Attached: 1542057654970.jpg (125x125, 3K)

nisio is a catfag

Manic pixie dream girl trope.
It's comfy to imagine a girl swooping into your life out of nowhere and falling deeply in love with you for basically no reason. You don't have to try and she doesn't really criticize you. Also lots of fetish fuel with her tying up Araragi, hitting him, etc.

>Manic pixie dream girl trope.
no

She fucks old men while Arararara white knights other girls.

>>>/TV Tropes/

It's not like she gets a whole lot of development after that either

Explain how I'm wrong though? You can't.

You need to read HxH

her personality isn't manic, or pixie

Did you skip Nadeko Medusa?

Who would fall under this in Monogatari? Tsukihi?

>big breasts
They’re average, Cat has big tiddies

if you're into used goods then she's perfect

her crabs

>virgin

>Nostalgia
Her episode in owari S2 gave me the same feels as Bake's ep 12. Gahara has always been best girl.

>and she had a haircut, so the beauty is gone -

I've always felt she looks better with short hair.

Attached: ua4cCj7.jpg (1476x1080, 257K)

>Manic pixie dream girl trope.
>It's comfy to imagine a girl swooping into your life out of nowhere and falling deeply in love with you for basically no reason. You don't have to try and she doesn't really criticize you. Also lots of fetish fuel with her tying up Araragi, hitting him, etc.

I went out with a girl who was like that. Except funnily enough She turned out to be polyamorous, so in my IRL story I was the Hitagi and she was the Araragi with the harem.

It was fun but once I realized what was happening I stopped being romantic with her, and eventually forced her away because I'm not a cuck, and also looked down on her lifestyle trying to argue in favor of sugar babying herself to rich tech fags.

Gave me my first and only BJ though and it was pretty cool.

On topic, I like Hitagi because she reminds me of myself but in girl form. Whimsical and teasing but also prone to worrying and melancholy. She's got an amazing character design and mannerisms, super cute.

Also this scene. Most of the best Monogatari scenes include her as well come to think of it.

Attached: hitagi PUNCH.webm (960x540, 1.7M)

truly redditgahara

what's his appeal?

Attached: 1492392134333.gif (500x364, 101K)

she's more lewd with short hair but not better/cuter overall

Disagree, I think she's superior overall with short hair.

Attached: __senjougahara_hitagi_monogatari_series_and_etc__19ce81f454d79bc306ef6f3b5ae44116.jpg (4088x2902, 825K)

>manic pixie dream girl
Senjougahara is the polar opposite of a manic pixie dream girl. She's cold, down to earth and forces mundanity onto the protagonist. Araragi is not liberated from his dull, uneventful life by meeting Crab, she is actively (and unsuccessfully) trying to push him back into a dull, uneventful life.

The manic pixie dream girl in Monogatari would be Kiss-Shot

Hitagi's main quality is her overwhelming eroticism.

I'm really glad that Sodachi actually apologised for that.

I don't follow this series, but it's the appearance. She looks like a realistic person, her expression, build, the way she holds herself, all of it is what you'd see IRL

wait she did? when was that

very true

Which mono would you gatari?

Attached: 20180122173400adc.jpg (1300x1196, 144K)

Attached: yoko.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

Oh cool. In the anime was that a part shown via text messages? I'm a filthy secondary so haven't read the LNs.

Shinobu

She's the most intelligent character in the sense that she understands what Araragi needs and becomes that person to provide it.
And also this

>Also lots of fetish fuel with her tying up Araragi, hitting him, etc.
grrrr

Attached: 1124223424332.jpg (2560x2880, 563K)

I haven't read them either, don't worry.

Realistic female character. Those who love real women will love Nadeko.

Should have been her foot

KanaHana rage mode
youtube.com/watch?v=mW6vhFtoEIc

Attached: 7b9.png (435x99, 79K)

I told my friends while we were watching that episode that I really wanted that to be me and they thought I was weird

She is the culmination of gap moe. She expresses herself honestly and directly and even so, the way she phrases things seem contraditory to what she really feels, but that is both cute and fun and the teasing leads to a great dynamic.

Sleeve jobs.

The Chad Version.

Attached: Ougi Smug.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

Crab is second

Attached: cat.jpg (868x1228, 459K)

no
Sodachi in Zokuowari, now that's pretty much a manic pixie dream girl

All of monogatari is great but whenever she's involves the scene is kino

The char design appeals to me.

>saves her
>handsome
>strong
>they get along well

>no reason

see

no it is a huge downgrade

How did you guys feel about her "new style"? i liked everything but the twin tails, they just didnt work on her.

Attached: 1546783988236.jpg (785x1167, 78K)

It only has that value because of your nostalgia. That episode was the second most gratuitous fanservice in the entire series, only behind the motherfucking toothbrush episode. It loses a lot of sheen when it's just Don't Forget That Senjougahara Exists: The Mini Arc.

Attached: 1504501789676.png (878x737, 463K)

> Tfw this scene just makes me want a gf

Attached: images (60).jpg (739x415, 13K)

>mfw i watched this scene laying in bed in a dark room, holding hand with my gf

if you told me that was gonna happen the first time i saw that episode years ago, i would've laughed in your face. don't give up, user.

Attached: 1555436768054.jpg (576x768, 127K)

What if Hitagi braps?

>obviously never watched season 2 of monogatari
>retarded

I liked Nadeko because she was flawed and relatable. Her motives are immature but also not out of character for a girl her age. She wants to escape the crushing weight of responsibilities, and I love that her Arc finally ends with Kaiki making her to understand that responsibilities are needed to achieve her dreams.

I like that her love for Araragi is just a red herring, and her actual story has nothing to do with him. It felt like such a fresh breath of air with a girl in Monogatari that doesn't actually lust after Araragi's dick.

Also her betrayal of Araragi was masterfully built up and then slammed in your face like a refrigerator out of nowhere, she was my least favorite character until season 2 of monogatari where she quickly became my favorite girl.

These guys get it
I also love her smugness, her occasional nerdiness, her overexcitedness, and how her airheaded exterior hides her sinister ulterior motives

Attached: sengoku-sans-the-bangs.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

I mean Yea Forums honestly, why would you waifu a girl that obviously loves the MC? An alpha Chad MC no less, that's just setting yourself up for NTR. I like my girls pure and available, with no interest in MC

Attached: 1555891547327.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

i am not gonna lie, i liked nadeko even before i started watching monogatari, cause of her song and somehow she was really cute.

True. Which is why the best option is one who doesn't love the MC or anyone else, is currently looking for someone to start a family with, and probably has low standards.

Attached: 71MCtr+aRPL._CR0,0,792,1408_SY1280_.jpg (720x1280, 125K)

both her openings are fucking fantastic, Kana Hana is a godtier semen demon
youtube.com/watch?v=PiauQ7P7mtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4TGZCUsS8Bo

Attached: 1548659338851.gif (960x540, 145K)

>tfw RRGI is trying to enjoy his life to the fullist because he knows one day his harem is just going to be forgotten memories
bat is truly best

Attached: Shinobu.jpg (1920x1140, 399K)

She's literally the most relatable character to me. Call me a psychopath or whatever.

only thing I'll call you is my nigga

Attached: totally kill.jpg (1280x1438, 140K)

That's because you're a degenerate tomboy faggot.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit but I feel the same way.

I don't like it either in hindsight. I thought it could work for slutty mirror crabs, but somehow that never happened.

But does she have crabs?

hey I'm with you brother

youtube.com/watch?v=7Vz7b5EGeR0

What's the watching order for this series?

Just start with the eva rebuilds and go from there.

Watch it in airing order except for Hanamonogatari, which I would watch after Owarimonogatari S2 and I presume (I haven't actually watched it yet) before Zoku Owarimonogatari. Hanamonogatari is the second to last chronologically, and I feel that it kind of spoils Owarimonogatari. I also feel like it reduces some of the impact of Monogatari SSS when watched directly after it.

Attached: Kanbaru.jpg (452x526, 39K)

I don't know if I'd call her the most relatable - that's a tough call to make - but there's definitely a lot about her that resonates with me.

>Nostalgia
>At the time it aired, her character design made her one of the prettiest girls ever.
Are you like 20 or something?

Not him, but nostalgia can be felt for things pretty quickly. It might not be the same kind or level of nostalgia that goes with childhood memories, but it exists.

>At the time it aired, her character design made her one of the prettiest girls ever.
But this is just blatantly false. She's not even the prettiest in her own show, let alone one of the prettiest ever.

Ararararagis mom is

>I dunno why Yea Forums has so much trouble wrapping their heads around this with this series.
It gets watched by a lot of people who don't typically watch harem shows, so you see it both out of defense and of ignorance when people say Monogatari isn't a harem anime

Monogatari isn't a harem though. Ararararagi ends up with one girl. If anything it is a recycled show because the girls do the same shit twice.

a lot of harems end with a dude getting one girl. all harems dont have harem ends

I love Monogatari so much and yet i never even finished it, what's wrong with me?
There's just something about the characters, especially early on, that warms my heart and brings me to my happy place, but i don't understand what it is.

Airing order for the first viewing for comfiness and character exploration.

Chronological for the second viewing to actually understand

Autism

Yeah most likely

Harem genre in otaku media just means MC being surrounded by more than 2 cute girls and flirting with them all the time.

Not gonna lie, I have a weird thing with not finishing shows I like. I don't know what causes it, It's not like dropping a show that's bad, I just never get around to watchimg it til the end.

I sometimes wonder if the people that feel Snek didn't save herself at the end of her arc just didn't pay any attention. She choose to let herself be tricked by Kaiki's slug curse to have the talisman removed, she chose to pursue a career as an artist over ever seeing Arararagi again, she stopped playing the victim by cutting her bangs and dressing in track suits so people wouldn't just blindly like her because she's cute, she finally realized that she would rather accept responsibilities than give up her dreams.

None of the other girls did it all by themselves either, Arararagi was always there to guide them. And that's all Kaiki did here too, he guided her onto the right path when Arararagi failed.

Attached: 06b5510686e16fceeabe3ade0841a7af.jpg (1398x1000, 394K)

Harem just means there's a lot of girls around a guy MC. Especially if multiple girls are interested in the MC or are all flirty with him, which would describe about 90% of Monogatari dialogue

She's got pretty decent dialogue with the mc. She has issues but is up front about them and working on them. She has an interesting background with Kaiki which should test how rrrgi deals with jealousy and other men in her past. She's one of them most fleshes out characters but I agree with the idea that she kinda becomes a background character as rrrgi builds his harem with little to no issues from her which is a shame. It would have been nice to see him actually deal with some consequences for his actions.

Sounds like you have commitment issues.

Before Bake I didn't even know that a girl can be so fucking perfect. Nisio is my hero.

Attached: EE97B44829B4429282AE97B1335BAACF.jpg (960x502, 134K)

Attached: 1556335551525.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

That's pretty romantic user, you walked her gently afterward right?

Don't get it either. All the girls besides Nadeko and maybe Kanbaru are much better.

its missing this one

Attached: 1470071295711.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

She also has top tier doujins.

being the best

this
her falling in love on her own and falling out of love on her own was highly relatable
atleast to me

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Koimonogatari_06_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[98FA4A17].mkv_snapshot_15.10_[2017.01.29_13.0 (1920x1080, 191K)

I never ever had a crush so I can't relate but I like her arc and her.

snek a shit. get out.

Attached: 1549165516065.png (500x281, 146K)

How can one snail be so best in ALL of her incarnations? It's not even fair. Objectively, the only competition (it's a tie) is bat.

Attached: Lost Dubs.jpg (780x720, 96K)

>in ALL of her incarnations
No big fan of adult snek. Small snek was way more fun.

Attached: 1243525376342.jpg (780x780, 118K)

She was decent in Bake. After that she became pretty fucking boring. She's easily worst girl.

She's a great character. She may not be particularly likable but she's very interesting and well developed.

It's forbidden in the bible for women to have short hair.

riight

Attached: 10514056415101.gif (720x411, 475K)

>harem now
Oishi is a fucking genius, the ability to disguise harem anime as romance and broaden its appeal

/thread

chiwa is the best seiyuu
maaya and marina are really good to though

on a figurative level, this is every woman

>You missed out on teenage love

It hurts bros

>She felt real
to an incel.

Why do all these fucking semen demons obsess over one, average looking dude?

In the final books she has Long hair again, but it's straiter than in bake and she has bangs

cool story bro

> Ararararagi ends up with one girl.
At a bare minimum, he ends up with two girls and is fucking one of his sisters on the side.

Which book was it that he proposed too hitagi or decided to marry her or something?

Musubi
bakemonogatari.fandom.com/wiki/Musubimonogatari

pastebin.com/Tx86ye9L

Attached: 1556356302932.jpg (640x915, 333K)

Amarimonogatari 4th chapter summury update

pastebin.com/kqhZShZu

Attached: 1556356428415.jpg (815x1200, 244K)

That's hitagi on the cover right?

Yeah, bride HItagi.

Nisiosin is a fan of Your Name. Confirmed.

The voice and manner of speaking.
>desu ne~

The snake scene made PP very hard

>Hanamonogatari is second to last chronologically
I thought it was the very last?

Its more trouble than its worth.

Because its a harem novel? If you want an in universe reason though you could say it has something to do with him being part vampire.

Never liked her since Bakemonogatari. She's always been annoying.

get ready to miss out on "20's love" and then after that enjoy the ride of wondering if "30's love" is going to be just as empty. so fun, i love this tv show, time to go to fucking sleep hopefulyy not wake up

Attached: 8475ba0dda71b204468750f4926ef5a1.jpg (550x778, 263K)

She's neat for bantz, she is actually assertive with pursuing her love interest as well.

Personally prefer the cat or bat but most girls in that show have something that makes me like them a little

Attached: __hanekawa_tsubasa_and_kiss_shot_acerola_orion_heart_under_blade_monogatari_series_and_etc_drawn_by_ (900x1200, 610K)

>average looking

Attached: aOfc6WLMvPi_3O5xMCzfYt8qZ8JaFmY8IVvopgEYKq9LQiepXC-M6HnJ-ee-HS0q1nj8B6PgLa-7rwukaKI3PKvrhbEEwdOmYwuA (610x365, 99K)

>"ending was warm and fuzzy"
>takes deep breath
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: nagisa.jpg (403x403, 21K)

I swear I'm not gay but he's extremely attractive

Attached: 1539944057476.gif (576x244, 2.98M)

>very pretty
>smart
>isn't scared of degeneracy, will be fine with almost anything you could ask of her
>isn't evil
>yet bullies and teases you at any given occasion, believes bullying = flirting
she's perfect

This ad was brought to you by the Izuko Gaen superpac.

your waifu is dead

Attached: 1555877768717.png (1360x768, 1.67M)

Attached: 33utkr6.jpg.png (726x308, 115K)

She looks better with the clothes on

Femdom is a fetish for insecure beta men that believes the only women that could ever love them are ones that would unreasonably enjoy how flawed you are. Pathetic

Attached: 1555878070150.png (1360x768, 1.65M)

u-unf
now say it in senjougahara's voice pls

based

Attached: 1081291051581.jpg (1088x720, 134K)

she's the staple of the show

This does sound like something Senjougahara would say.
Followed by her chaining you to a bed and making you suck her fingers

I've never ever gotten nearly as hard over an anime than during that scene where she made that faggot lick her finger for that droplet of water

god if only she wasn't stuck in a fucking harem

>tfw crabfags got turned on by your insult

Attached: CkB97zOUkAEvBoV.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

yes, is that a problem?

Attached: IMG_20190406_084700.jpg (820x512, 109K)

be mean to me some more pls