Franxx Darling

>Same themes as classic favorites like Evangelion and Utena
>Somehow loathed by Yea Forums

Why?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

cause it was shit.

franxx sucked

because she didn't have a dick in the end

fpbp

>same themes
>Eva: Although existing as an individal and especially interacting with people can be a very painful experience it's the only way for humanity to function. It takes bravery for a person to face a world full of people and things that might hurt you, but in the end it can be very rewarding experience.
>Franxx: BREED

>Franx: modern society stigmatizes sexuality, leaving young people helpless and confused, often stepping into a minefield of trouble when they try to figure out their own way to grow up and discover their desires in adolescence

FTFY

The first half was OK and building up into something interesting. The second half shit the bed with the whole aliens bullshit.

That's bullshit though, modern society is increadibly sexualized and every modern country has tons of sex ed.

Good for the first half or so, they seriously fucked up the second half.

Except there's an obvious contradiction there. Media appeals to sexual titillation while in every day life sexuality is treated as a taboo. DitF is about that contradiction, which is why the pilots are arranged into pairs/couples and pilot doggy style but are also banned from having sex and why the rival squad acts like some kind of Orwell style Junior Anti-Sex League.

The second half absolutely shit the bed.
The first half had almost infinite potential, instead we got
>"Oh you're my darling, nope nevermind gonna kill you to find my original darling, oh wait nevermind you're my original darling whoops lol"
>The kids having something wrong with them completely dropped "Oh man you guys want to be adults, it'd suck if you aged super rapidly passed a certain age or something, oh wait you guys cured that shit in a few months"
>"Oh man these leader guys are shady, I wonder what their motives are... oh... THEY'RE actually the badguys and the literal monsters were trying to save the planet and not just fight for their food source"
Like, holy fuck it just stumbled and stumbled and stumbled in that second half
Not to mention
>They didn't abort Kokoro's baby when they mind wiped her despite her showing obvious symptoms

Attached: 1542958942210.jpg (672x672, 75K)

I thought the idea was the adults were so desexualized they could no longer identify pregnancy, and that's why they had to look it up?

Can we talk about this scene? 02 is symbolically telling ichigo she can fuck darling just this once. But 02 doesnt care, that's how little of a threat she sees ichigo as to their relationship.

Shes like a chad cuckqueen if that's even possible

Attached: 20190426_060140.png (1908x1080, 1.22M)

The doc himself was alive before sterilzation became widespread.
I find it difficult to believe they had no one else under their employ with the same circumstances.

not really the same themes.
anyway, it's loathed because it's not what faggots wanted. being a trigger show, the incels expected brainless cheap fanservice, KLK style. they were happy with the first part because muh 02, but they never recovered after their favorite ship got fucked up and no happy ending.
you can't expect much from the majority of Yea Forums when more than 90% of the threads are moeshit and waifu fights posted by horny teens and fat neckbeards.

I really liked the first third of the show but It went really downhill after that

truest post on Yea Forums this decade

Its actually the exact opposite of Evas message. Eva is about existing as an individual whereas Franxx says that you should find someone of the opposite sex, disregard everything else in your life, base your entire self worth around that person and live a life of complete codependency.

When you build up to something for 20 episodes then take a giant shit down the throat of the audience, that tends to happen.

did they announce a sequel today? or is just a samefag flooding ditf threads

Dude have sex lmao

I wonder what it's like to have the next "Eva" in your grip and then lose it right before you reel it in?

It was a poorly written mess that just went all over the place until SUDDENLY ALIENS.
We got Necron'd but we didn't even get a proper Trance Kuja first.

The problem was the pacing and the characters they gave the most screen time. I was talking about this series with an elder weeb running a panel at a medium-sized anime con. We both agreed Franxx tried too hard to focus on marketability at the expense of its potential to be the next Evangelion.

You are correct that a lot of ideas should have been introduced much earlier

but this whole next eva thing is pure bullshit. it never had this potential, it never aimed that high.

HAHAHAHAHA oh my god what a fucking load of bullshit

Fuck off faggot.

It was pretty popular until week 26.
Everybody's just moved on to other shit now and nobody wants to admit they were one of the hundreds of anons taking twenty threads to bump every week because Nishigori fucked the ending up so bad.
Next time Trigger does a thing that catches fire there will be KLK and DITF threads again.
Anons made a shit ton of OC for this show.

>It was popular so it was good
It went to shit long before the final episodes.

>Nishigori fucked the ending up so ba
how, what's wrong with the ending?

>if the themes were the same why don't you like it
What is execution?

I want an anime about celibacy till marriage, couples getting married young and starting families.
Basically the 14 words but no degenerate.

None exist.

Thank god

Instead of building an interesting narrative with the already established story elements, they decide to rip off Gunbuster at the last minute.

The execution sucked dick.

Attached: 1518858852048.png (1280x1440, 1.83M)

>violet
>good writing
sorry, i'm not gay

both were great scenes desu

Why are you comparing a screenshot to a piece of text?

>Same themes
You're fucking kidding right? It's not even close do the same themes.
I will say it set a good foundation and foreshadowed a theme on sexuality but dropped it, failed, and then went a completely different direction into a shithole.

Top one is as cliche as it gets, bottom one is so subtle people tend to completely miss it unless somebody slaps a text from the novel over it.

opinion discarded

Violet Nose Ever Off Centre

No, they don’t, they have mecha, beta self insert MCs, and that’s were the similarities end
>first half was great
I see a lot of Franxxfags say this but they’re wrong. The first half had some interesting world building that really goes nowhere, the characters are all bland and one dimensional, most of the subplots are love triangle bullshit, and the main plot is retarded. The mecha fights are also garbage, most of the fights being concluded with 02 going apeshit and saving the rest of the squad, leaving no one else being able to really shine or grow in character

Leave Utena out of your cheap knock off shit

indead, the second half is the better part

>He thinks thematics are enough to overcome execution

I'm sick of brainless franxxdickriders.

It's nothing like Evagelion or Utena. Franxx is literal garbage.

No, it was all shit, I was just pointing out that the first half was also garbage

The ending lol

So kind of like how Kill la Kill foreshadowed a theme of egalitarianism vs. slash-and-burn individualism but then became about magical bikini armor and lesbian rape?

Why do you /pol/ fucks always try to claim traditional values as your own? Most of us Christians want nothing to do with you scum.

/thread

>look, it had the same themes! who cares about their execution!
I've been browsing this shithole for nearly a decade, and there's something I still don't quite understand
Why is OP always such a faggot?

I unironically liked and enjoyed Franxx. It was a little messy but it was like breath of fresh air. Sad there was no Dino babies but whatever.

>Utena
>Mecha
>Beta mc

>completely unlikable side characters
>aliens out of nowhere at the end

It could've been good and had some interesting concepts but wound up just wasted potential.

kill la kill was shit from the start: the rebellious teenage girl gets naked because she's free. what is this? miley cyrus the anime?

DitF jumped the shark when ayyliums appeared. Hiro and 02 sacrificing themselves and failing to exterminate completely the ayyliums was the final fuck you.

>egalitarianism vs. slash-and-burn individualism
The hard-core egalitarians became the communists and the fascists united with the libertarians to defeat them.

Attached: 1525304621018.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Dumb kyoanusfaggot.

Cope.

Hallelujah, PRAISE ISRAEL!

but this time the aliens made sense, unlike KLK. the ending is unironically fine, one of the less disapointing anime endings.

>shit designs
>bad attempt at aping EVA leading to McDonalds Evangelion
>ghastly mecha designs
>boring monster designs
>shit plot
>characters range from ok to shit
There was only one reason to watch this trainwreck and that was 02, and her main appeal was femdom, the moment they turned her from what she was initially into another generic love interest in need of saving, the show went to shit.

You can argue as much as you want about this, but it doesn't change the fact that the show going to shit coincides perfectly with 02 becoming tame.

Attached: 1543539246587.png (838x720, 387K)

Trigger confirmed to be part Abe's propaganda machine, stay safe out there my friends.

This is (you)

Attached: 1550445524355.png (547x512, 122K)

>shit designs
proceeds to repeat it twice cause he cant find more arguments
>shit plot
Its not like eva had a good plot it was basically a spaghetti

it became a meme anime, thus a prime target for contrarians to hate it. legitimate reasons? the poorly conceived final third of the show, and the fact that a lot of characters go underdeveloped.

>Utena
you didn't watch utena correctly

I agree with this take for the most part, but also think it's fair to call zero two's individualism in the early parts of the show unhealthy as it is derived mostly from hatred of her parental figures rather than some intrinsic drive, so writing her such that her individualism erodes as she moves forwards with her life makes sense. In my opinion, a better execution of her arc would be for her to first develop individualism out of hatred for her parental figures in her childhood flashbacks, then lose her individualism as she self actualizes beyond "I hate dad." In the second half of the show, she can regrow her individualism as she learns to love herself and gains an inner confidence while the gang are on their own, and for, now that she is a complete individual, she can fall in love again with MC kun and have it be a more fulfilling relationship. Actually, writing this makes me mad that they botched the show and her character so bad.

>a lot of characters go underdeveloped
yes
>the poorly conceived final third of the show
no, just a little bit rushed in some points. it's very easy creating an intrigue with lots of mistery, where nothing seems to connect. the problem is, how do you turn this into something that actually makes sense? and this is where most shows fail, they create exagerated expectations, then at one point they suddenly come up with the most bullshit explanations for everything and that's it.
franxx did exagerate with the intrigue, but it managed to tackle this pretty well, making everything connect in a meaningfull way and not giving it all at once. it didn't do as good as ttgl for example, but i expected it to be much worse, it was a pleasant surprise.

>miley cyrus: the anime

You've summarized Kill la Kill perfectly

I completely disagreed with the introduction of VIRM. for me, the story would have been much better with the cast rebelling against Papa instead of the writers introducing some new big bad in the final arc of the show.

i agree that it would have been better without virm, but the changes should have come much earlier. i mean, papa was shown to have some shady plan involving everyone and getting rid of klaxosaurs pretty much from the start. he was already in control of the whole planet, there's not too much left to do, at this point it had to come up with some over the top shit as every trigger show.

Should've just focused on the mecha and fucked off with the romance/shipping shit.

>Even though it is not as if monsters are only those with thorns
What a clumsy fucking sentence
>However, monsters aren't the only ones with thorns
Can't you at least make your bait image more readable?

Retarded comparison. Violet Evergarden did not draw any direct inspiration from other anime stories, but franxx did. Blatantly so.
At the end of the day Violet Evergarden is Violet Evergarden and Franxx is a very bad Evangelical and E7.

Evangelion*

violet is shit, get over it

Have sex

>Violet Evergarden did not draw any direct inspiration from other anime stories
People can be this retarded.

Attached: 1555962760874.png (267x300, 84K)

Nice argument reddit. Name another post-ww1 episodic anime about a war orphan learning to forgive herself if you can.

Kill yourself immediately.

>Violet Evergarden did not draw any direct inspiration from other anime stories

Attached: 1a080906c5d2c19e7fa40711ad0f8f64.jpg (450x557, 62K)

02 was the worst part of the show.

Fell in love with Hiro because he is the generic mc
Hiro turns into a idiot and his when character is just "muh zero two"
Worst of all she sucks time away from more interesting character s who are underdevelop

Every show has some inspiration but some are more obvious then others

Franxx was just a less fun valvrave

Attached: cover3.jpg (800x450, 34K)

Name another post-apocalyptic anime about group of teenage mech pilots rediscovering sexuality in a post-gender world.
If you are specific enough of course it is going to sound unique.

Darling in the turdxx is shit get over it

Neon Genesis
E7

They did it better

If anything, it shows that complex themes don't make a series good.

Did you read what I wrote or watch either of those. Because they are not about that.