Reminder that if your favorite anime isn't an original but an adaptation it's shit and the source material is better

Reminder that if your favorite anime isn't an original but an adaptation it's shit and the source material is better.

Attached: puella_magi_madoka_magica-01-02.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

You have to trigger harder than that.

Based Madokafag

Attached: 16475397122.jpg (1000x1200, 728K)

based

Attached: D4rALqZUcAIvqOe.jpg large.jpg (750x1334, 154K)

Attached: 1450218891500.jpg (1920x1080, 873K)

Case in point.
>is a kyoanifag
yikes desu

That's often wrong, though.

Attached: Lupinlaugh.gif (500x361, 1023K)

>thing largely about music is better in a medium with no sound

If it was just the thing but with music added it would be great. In fact if any studio but kyoani picked it up it wouldn't be such an embarrassment.

>yikes

Attached: azusa meme face.jpg (540x936, 46K)

Attached: w.jpg (524x433, 21K)

Also the whole point is that they're not very good and are just having fun, so having the songs played competently over it is just distracting to the plot.

>has no actual argument as to how the manga is superior
>is only posting to try to trigger company wars

Attached: autism.gif (256x186, 973K)

You haven't read it and if you did it was after you became a kyoanifag so it's not like you're worth spending any brain cycles to convince.

do you leave the house often?

>source material is always better, adaptations are always shit meme
Fuck off.

Yes. For every movie the normies gush about, if it wasn't an original, the book was better.

So? I'm reading the source material for all my favourite adaptations.
Well, except the ones that aren't translated like Jintai.

I'm honestly dumb enough to humor buying jintai for watashi on the covers

Counterpoint: KyoAni adaptations are usually better than the source material

Attached: file.png (1761x315, 3K)

Counter to the counter: this opinion is formed out of the school of thought that suggests that the KyoAni style is good.

Counter to the counter counter: it's not always about aesthetics, and KyoAni's detractors are both mistaken to think it is and needlessly obsessed with disliking a specific studio. I mean, it's no skin off my nose if someone doesn't like the anime they make; I certainly don't like everything they've ever done. I just think people who act like everything they touch turns to shit are being idiots.

It's not just the aesthetics, it's the formula too. They're always going to insert a lesbian romance where there was none, if they're adapting a game with multiple routes they're going to create a weird meta-route where all the girls are fine with being in a harem, and there is always going to be an emotional scene painted in sunset colors where the characters lament their journey coming to an end, even if they are working their asses off to get into the same college so that it won't. It's predictable and you have to be a low IQ sucker to like it.

>They're always going to insert a lesbian romance where there was none
Please continue to say stupid shit so I can laugh at (you)

Attached: 1302146762660.png (1920x1200, 808K)

It's amazing how KyoAni-generic they managed to make some of the Maid Dragon episodes.
Sports festival, Christmas play and season finale especially.

Fair points, but other studios do the same thing with game/VN adaptations. In any case, working to a formula isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially if you happen to like some of those elements, and it isn't a definite sign of low IQ to do so. When it works it works well, but as I said I don't like everything of theirs; there are times it doesn't work.

>KyoAni-generic
Comfy. The word you're looking for is comfy.

Idk man. I think the anime was excellent and at least on par with the vn

Attached: tomoya.jpg (850x960, 100K)

Name some examples where it does work. I can almost guarantee that you pick the wrong ones.

>successfully started a company war
I'm done with Yea Forums for the weekend. Fuck this gay Earth.

Attached: how fucked.gif (600x397, 43K)

Nah, I won't bother. You're just going to shoot them down because you didn't like the series in question. It's all subjective. What works for me won't necessarily work for you, what works for you won't necessarily work for me.

No. Not by a long shot. There is no possible path where Kotomi is reintroduced into Tomoya's life and Nagisa still ends up winning. Also since you aren't forced to play her route it makes Kyou seem not awful. This cannot be forgiven.

You were going to pick K-On! but then reread what I wrote and knew that I was going to pick apart the beloved S2E20 and make you look like a fool.

I'm a Kotomifag as well but the canon ending is Nagisa. I'm just happy that we got as much of her as we did.

Attached: kotomi violin.png (819x614, 765K)

sasuga madokunt, brainlets as always

>it's shit and the source material is better.
but thats wrong

Attached: 1321752690881.jpg (250x250, 12K)

The whole show was comfy. The anime-original episodes were also mostly generic and mediocre

It's only Nagisa because in her route you don't even meet Kotomi, otherwise she wouldn't have a chance. The childhood friend with a tragic story always trumps a random stranger who looks sad. I'm just glad that Nagisa wasn't completely neglected in Kotomi's route. She needed new friends more than anything and she got them. If not for the incredible difficulty I have envisioning a Kotomi after story I'd argue for hers to be the canon route.

based, only 8 months left to be officially AOTD

Attached: smug.jpg (300x338, 29K)

Kotomi is great user. For me and probably for you, she would be great. But the show is about Tomoya, and the girl he needed was Nagisa, just like the man Nagisa needed was Tomoya. Kotomi would not be able to offer the same support to Tomoya that Nagisa does due to her social ineptitude. Plus, the whole point of afterstory is to deal with the unique events that take place after the Nagisa route. With the other girls, the story ends with happily ever after (except when based writers literally kill Tomoya for choosing Tomoyo).

That being said, I would play/watch the shit out of Kotomi after if they ended up making one.

Attached: kotomi hide.jpg (1366x768, 135K)

Blow it out yer ass

Attached: Yukari goingupyourassdarling.jpg (990x1398, 334K)

The Nadesico anime is actually better than the manga. What now, faggot?

GuP is fine and all, but it's no Madoka.

I would give you a (You) but I don’t think you’ve proven you’ve deserved it, have a reply though.

madoka was good but nothing more

>Also since you aren't forced to play her route it makes Kyou seem not awful.
But Kyou did nothing wrong. It's not her fault her sister is a manipulative slut who wanted to fuck the guy Kyou liked anddidn't care how much Kyou was hurting, then ditched Tomoya for a cancer patient she could manipulate better.

In other words, fuck Ryou.

Top Five of the Decade:

1. Koe no Katachi
2. Madoka
3. Sora no Woto
4. Star Driver
5. Mawaru Penguindrum

it's true though

if there's anything I think every rational person can agree on, it's fuck Ryou.
>going back to your old crush when you find our your new one is dying of cancer

Creating a feasible genre is a higher accomplishment than subverting an aging genre. bro.

based
i love kyou

Attached: D02FED99-DBEE-4115-9B7A-B34499F6EF6A.jpg (909x883, 164K)

Counter argument.

Attached: kknj.jpg (702x526, 41K)

One can only speculate, but from what I know about Kotomi and people like her, I think you underestimate her. She has for years been holding onto the idea that it was somehow because of her that her parents died and that she doesn't deserve to be treated like a normal person, but now that she knows that her parents loved her until the end, she can accept the love of those around her. It might take her a little longer to become a fully functional member of society, but now that her personal conflict is resolved, she can now help Tomoya with his.
It's like in the second season of Hell Girl, Ai is freed from the grudge she carried for 400 years and is now able to have a little fun with herself, and devote the final arc of that one and the entire third season to helping other people with their struggles instead of just killing them.

>feasible genre
>girls in tanks

Attached: smuggg.jpg (492x492, 126K)

You wouldn't expect them to fight hand-to-hand, would you?

Attached: tears.webm (640x360, 1.91M)

I can't remember if she opportunistically swooped in after Tomoya and Ryou's relationship was already failing, or if she actively worked to sabotage it, but the fact that you have to be an asshole to everyone and work against Tomoya's very character turns me off the idea of even trying to date either of them and it should you too.

Kyou is a good girl
I don't doubt that she would want to and try, but how would she deal with Tomoya's alienation from his father? Like you said it's all speculation but Kotomi seems to have the same tendency to run away from her problems that Tomoya does. Maybe it would be fine to run away and let that problem be, but idk.
>it still hits even without sound
great show

Attached: kotomi kyou.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

>swooped in after Tomoya and Ryou's relationship was already failing, or if she actively worked to sabotage it,
She did neither.
Tomoya is the one that approaches Kyou.

Tomoya and Ryou's relationship? You mean the relationship that only exists because Kyou literally forces upon Tomoya? The one that had no chemistry at all? The one that she was sacrificing her own wishes and happiness in order to build because she loved her sister more than herself?

Attached: kyou scream.gif (500x281, 760K)

Clannad AF was really great, i always like to tell the same but for me it wasn't Ushio neither Nagisa so much what made it so great, it was the relationship between Tomoya and his father, how it was developed from S1 to the climax when Tomoya forgives him and the father leaves, that's probably one of the best scenes i've seen. how he finally managed to put himself in the shoes of his father to understand how he was feeling all along, it was so realistic and beautiful.

Thank you based Satan.

>being this biased

How the hell is that biased? Replay the routes for yourself if you don't believe me.

Unbased and yikespilled

As they are about to embark to America, Tomoya seems distracted. Kotomi senses it, not that she would in anyone else, but she really cares about Tomoya and pays extra attention to him. I can see her stopping at nothing to try and rectify whatever bothers him, not accepting his non-answers one bit. She'll go out on her own, not telling him where she went. He'll have no choice but to wait at the airport and hope that she comes back. It's not easy to see how she feels by looking at her. Maybe she doesn't like him anymore. But little does he know that she went to see Nagisa (Nagisa still recites that play to Tomoya before inviting him to stay with her, right?), and from her she learns what is keeping Tomoya from leaving. At the last minute, she arrives at the airport with someone who wants to see them off and give them his blessing: Tomoya's father. Or something like that. After that, Tomoya just works as a blue collar asian guy with a thick accent that annoys the American checkout ladies.
That's the best I can do, anyway. Point being it can be done. Shame they didn't.

Since I'm not a complete monster I always end up on a decent route like Nagisa or Kotomi or even Tomoyo.

I hate the art style here. They got so much better in later years.

I like the art style, reminds me of the early 2000's actually the ENTIRE anime is nestolgic form the early 2000's for some reason even though it was released in 2007.

yikes

Are you retarded? K-on! manga is absolute garbage. The fact that that Kyoaniggers managed to turn that horsecrap into a good anime goes to show how good the studio once was.

Maybe kill yourself.

>i-it's Ryou's fault Kyou is a bitch who sets her up only to then NTR her!
Tsunderefags, everyone. Reminder that Kyou literally does the exact same thing as Sekai in School Days.

You had me worried for a moment there, Satan.

Attached: 1525551846734.jpg (487x613, 90K)

>The one that had no chemistry at all
The one where a violent cunt throws books at Tomoya and tries to run him over with a fucking motorbike? It's alright, though, because the canon winner Nagisa is basically the same as Ryou in personality, and you will be eternally seething about that fact.

>i-it's Ryou's fault Kyou is a bitch who sets her up only to then NTR her!
It very literally is you fucking mongoloid. It's stated that Ryou told Kyou about liking Tomoya because she knew that Kyou wouldn't try to take him if she knew Ryou had a thing for him. Ryou couldn't even take the initiative to try and capitalize on the opportunity that Kyou gave her.
>Nagisa is basically the same as Ryou in personality
begone animeonly

Attached: smug Kyou.jpg (400x339, 48K)

>It's stated that Ryou told Kyou about liking Tomoya because she knew that Kyou wouldn't try to take him if she knew Ryou had a thing for him.
So basically, "how dare she love him". Okay.

>so basically "How dare she knowingly force Kyou to deny her own desires because she doesn't give a fuck about anyone but herself"
ftfy

EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA

Spice and Wolf’s light novels certainly are not superior to the anime.

How much of this opinion is influenced not by the story, but by your desire to fuck Horo?

Attached: index.jpg (651x383, 78K)

I still can't believe the AotD is from Shaft of all people

Oh no!!!!

40%

>utena
>snk
>tsurune
>

>Everybody still arguing about best Clannad despite perfection staring them in the face the whole time.

Attached: original.jpg (426x320, 76K)

based Yea Forumsegetable

What if my favorite anime is an adaption of a real novel series?

Attached: The Irresponsible Captain TYLOR - 01 (BD 720p) (Gaoshu_Exiled-Destiny) (NakamaSub).mkv_snapshot_01.1 (960x720, 68K)