Characters power level is so high that lower power levels literally can't do anything against them

>characters power level is so high that lower power levels literally can't do anything against them.

Why does Shounen do this?

Attached: bleach.png (1393x949, 385K)

Ever play dnd? A level 1 fighter isn't going to even touch a CR 15 creature. It would be foolish for the player to try.

>literally rule weaker people cant beat stronger that happens in every direction you look
Are you retarded?

It is entirely possible for a well prepared level 1 character to btfo a vampire of any level. I'm sure there are many other examples but that's what popped into my head first.

In fact for a couple hundred gold worth of scrolls you can destroy entire planets. We called it the DM cannon.

Bankai ruined the series

that sounds reasonable I fail to see the issue

It's an easy way to establish high stakes and to say that a specific character has to take the spotlight.

>power level is so high weak character gets hurt from attacking him
unironically great trope. made me laugh at the time

>villain's power is so high hero has no effect on him
>hero has one power up
>hero curb stomps villain

Attached: no.jpg (740x592, 100K)

You're complaining about that? I'd prefer that than the MC asspulling a way to defeat someone who is way stronger and more experienced.

>the villain's magic spell backfires and shrinks them instead of the hero

Dramatic effect, you've got to imagine it in the Manga:
>frame of Ichigo swinging with all his might
>viewer is wondering what the result will be
>turn page
>big dramatic picture of the attack having no effect with dashes all over the place and shit

Attached: 041c50a8c1197a27e4211ad000f22218feb6ceec_hq.jpg (454x540, 47K)

>you see it was all part of my master plan

Why does Shounen do this?

Attached: 4416006-ep279aizencharapic.png (680x451, 468K)

It can be fun depending on how it's handled.

>When you're so overpowered that the only time the good guys stand an actual chance of hurting you is when they cheat as hard as possible.

Attached: Hao.jpg (900x493, 108K)

Yeah I like to see where the hero gets a big power up, but his odds of winning are still hovering around 5%.

I really like his lego design just wish they wouldnt look anorexic. its not cheating but they definitely abused the hell out of it.

Is cool

So the entire plot point will be to just build up to it to matchup or overcome.

It's piss easy to write

>MC is weaker than strong enemy character thereby establishing tension

Why do Shonen do this?

To keep milking the series

Here's the problem tho, part of the reason that asspulling stuff sucks is that once you establish the powerlevel issue OP is talking about, you can't have the MC beat the antagonist without it. You can't have a "strategy" type victory because it's about power and strength and hit points and whatever bullshit the power level thing establishes. So all you have left is "get stronger".

And most importantly the good guys fucking LOSE because you're so broken. Instead they end up calling your mom so she can tell you to calm the fuck down.

It´s a great trope and I don't get why Kubo fucked it up as bad as he did.
>Ichigo fights Kenpachi, gets curb stomped like in the manga
>notZangetsu shows up and gives him a power up (let´s say he temporarily gives him his bankai even)
>Ichigo fights Kenpachi more or less evenly until he takes off the eyepatch
>Ichigo gets one shot, but kenpachi just leaves him there still alive, explaining to Yachiru that he sees potential and wants to fight him again later
>Yoruichi comes in and puts Ichigo into the Bankai cave

And now that we know just how much stronger than Ichigo a captain is and that Byakuya won't be this merciful the stakes are raised.

That's not that big of an issue, it just establishes that there's greater disparity between fighters in that world. The real problem
>Ichigo can't even cut Kenpachi because he's so much weaker
>5 minutes later, he can make Kenpachi spray blood because he thought about trying harder

yeah, the way he managed Ichigo's level in comparison to Ken's and other captains was horrendous. It first makes Ken like a massive weakling, but then he just goes and he destroys another captain in bankai. Ichigo's powerlevel was all over the damn place.

Attached: tGXsPg0.jpg (1066x1600, 398K)

if you wanted an incel power fantasy then stop watching shounen and watch isekai like shield hero instead

I can live with that, the problem is that Kenpachi's power level was reset to match the power creep.
>uses two hands against Nnoitra
>Espada 0 Yammy is a joke
>without his Zanpakuto got designated one of the 5 main threats against the Quincy

He showed up out of nowhere and was a strong as plot wanted him to be, until Unohana finally trained him.

Worse still:
>Ichigo beats Kenpachi (eye patch off) before he even achieves Bankai
>Ichigo goes on to achieve Bankai
>Ichigo can't even touch #6 Espada Grimmjow in Bankai, Grimjow doesn't even use a zanpakto, let alone release it
>Kenpachi overpowers #5 Espada (pre transformation) with eye patch on

How does that make sense?

i don't mind that one as much, after fighting Ichigo Kenpachi vowed to become stronger and he did.

Yeah but was Yammy really Espada 0? That shit just seemed stupid and unplanned like:
>"Oh shit I forgot about a Yammy fight!"
>"Well it's too late now, all the characters have exceeded well past his strength..."
>"I know, I'll just say that he's actually the #0 Espada rather than the #10...."
>"Then I'll just like.... make him really big or some shit...."

Seems like pisspoor authoring to me, and his battle strength reflected it.

It's like the real world except with energy beams instead of money

Yeah but that's not reflected even slightly in the story, if they had've put something in there about him achieving some sort of Bankai or even just learning his swords name that would done the trick - but I suppose that would have detracted from the character so he was just magically stronger with no explanation.
I actually enjoyed the two hand swing bit, but there should have been something else.

A-are you okay, user?

>trying to make sense of bleach powerlevels

oh sweet summer child

Attached: 1550155079000.jpg (607x608, 60K)

>I can sense his bloodlust from here
>his murderous intent... it's overwhelming!
>he was concealing his presence!
>anything to do with auras
If I see this shit one more time I'm quitting shounen

>Ichigo can't even touch #6 Espada Grimmjow
Ichigo couldn't fight properly at the time because he was afraid of his hollow side

What? No it isn't. A level 1 character can take out an epic level vampire with enough preptime? Even a level 5 vampire will absolutely merc a level 1 anything.

Unless you pack the level one with gear that they'd have no business having at that level, or a ludicrous amount of money to just buy the shit that would save their ass, money that they absolutely would not have.

I don't know what kind of DM's you've been getting but if you've been dropping high level monsters before leveling at all you've been playing the game wrong.

The thing with "auras", "presence" and anything metaphysical of the sort is that, if you start making it observable and measurable, it stops being fascinating as a storytelling device and instead feels rigid and formulaic.
Unless of course you're a kid, having no real experiences and still trying to make sense of the world around you, in which case ordered, numbered structures like powerlevels help a lot.

He's a 15 year old Japanese child who spends most of his time being carried everywhere he goes by the SoF. He is maximum twink.

>Big ass sword
>Doesn't cut the enemy because he is stronger

Attached: large.jpg (800x601, 71K)

Bleach power levels aren't static. Reiatsu is kinetic energy, Reiryoku is potential energy. Also Ichigo and Kenpachi's reiatsus are inconsistent by nature; Ichigo because of his conflicting powers and Kenpachi becuase he both consciously and unconsciously holds back his reiatsu. These are established plot points, whats confusing is that you seemed to forget that despite being established multiple times throughout the manga.

>complains about something he knows nothing about
???