Most overrated series in anime history

Most overrated series in anime history

Attached: 6ea27f41-e422-4c58-8e06-9ad1602903b7.jpg (952x536, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/6ea27f41/image/xJq6Ee8UzOQAZ_AXSPDzMQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=wbnEBW8PZ_k
youtube.com/watch?v=VIiX4TL2_vg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not Haruhi, people at least remember TTGL instead of just pretending it was influential despite just being a generic yet decent LN

Maybe but at least it has some great tits

You have to be 18+ to use Yea Forums.

I still think Cowboy Bebop beats it in that sense. Fullmetal Alchemist too.

The first season of Haruhi was funny

This is the 10th thread you've made calling an old popular show overrated.

Madoka

It had some good ideas but they were neutered by the fact that the show was loli/moe pandering bullshit.

Op here. Sorry! Pic unrelated

These are the reason for why I only watch what I'm interested in these days and drop shows I don't enjoy, even if they are popular.
Not even trolling or being deliberately contrarian, I want to be able to go back in time and drop Madoka in particular and it genuinely bothers me that I remember the shows I don't like better than the ones I loved.

Gurren Lagann, Bebop and FMA all deserve every bit of praise that they get.
Get fucked, contrarians.

Attached: 91b82d27151740bc475cf6690bd6176e00649369.jpg (500x688, 496K)

Bebop and FMA are good. Gurren Whatever is not.

Get taste, MAL drone.

I hate higurashi and gakkou gurashi for this reason.

>lots of people like it so it's bad
You probably haven't had an original thought since middle school.

Attached: 1272852177466.jpg (319x448, 32K)

>anything popular is overrated

How do you know what MAL likes unless you visit the site

but user that's not FMA

>hating TTGL on Yea Forums, of all places.

I agree on Higurashi but Gakkou Gurashi was good

Yeah, I don't know about that. Maybe Qwaser, the far better TTGL, is just way too underrated?

Attached: Kamina_with_Boobies.jpg (914x1093, 226K)

No that would be pic related. Although GL is in the top five easy.

Attached: 816546020248_anime-puella-magi-madoka-magica-tv-box-set-blu-ray-primary.jpg (1268x1268, 308K)

>overrating madoka
that's literally impossible

Attached: 1532441699474.gif (169x209, 91K)

any proper oldfags around? what were the threads like when TTGL was airing? also now that i finally fucking watched this more than a decade late, what was that fan comic that has that page where kamina calls kittan a pussy for not drinking with him which triggers kittan into getting a bottle of gin?

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

I really really tried to watch this anime. Saw everyone talking about it like it was the dopest thing. Turns out it was naruto tier trash after Kamina's death. Dropped a few episodes later.

it's the ON:Y possibility.

Yea Forums told me so. Yea Forums knows best.

kamina is actually an inspiration

fuck you madoka sucks

Bebop would have been better if it had less humor and more plot/lore episodes

All of your favorite anime suck. That's the way it's always been.

VN and Manga are massively better.

Attached: 1550635134314.gif (400x400, 113K)

Overrated but still one of the best.

Gurren Lagann was the biggest thing, up until that point. you would think Jesus, himself, had written the thing. I never got it, but I was into other stuff, at that point. I am watching it, now, and I still don't quite get it. I have to assume it is because GL existed almost in a vacuum. there had been manly man anime, before that. But, they were either really old, or not as insanely balls-to-the-wall batshit nuts as GL

Anime, like any media, has a bit of a power creep problem. artists push the medium to its limits. then someone gathers up all the best parts and arranges it into something that fucking blows people's minds. Its not original, but it is just every good thing, optimized.

The problem is that this creates a new way of looking at the medium, so creators have room to grow. so, that show gets surpassed. Even worse, since it was not original, people can look back at it and spit on its accomplishments. You haters have the benefit of hindsight. when it was airing, you probably would have been pissing yourself with joy, with the rest of the fans

Madoka is legit the greatest most complete anime on planet earth right now. Go away.

t. Pissed Evangelion fanboy

Probably Madoka.

How? It’s so good.

He didn’t watch it.

Evangelion.

Gen Urobuchi, that's how.

it took over the whole damn site with hype and memes, which was pretty fun if you happened to like the show

and that sounds like double k, which i think is only around on mirrors these days

Attached: 1244906721630.jpg (719x527, 379K)

Simpleton empowerment fantasy
Haruhi at least was funny in some parts

2007 Yea Forums was fucking awesome and TTGL threads were fun as fuck. What you have to understand is that seasonal hype shows come and go, but Yea Forums is STILL crying for Kamina and fapping to Yoko 12 years later. It was also in the age before everyone hid behind seven layers of irony, so people would genuinely and loudly enjoy it together.

Attached: 1249432927026.png (517x407, 16K)

Sasuga phoneposter.

>Fucking Rossiu!

Attached: rossiu lied, people died.jpg (956x3381, 427K)

PSG?
FMA is good but the ending was shit. somehow they managed to make the filler series ending better written than the original

>#1 DAD
kek

TTGL was the reason summerfag cancer came into being

This. The people who liked the HYPE of TTGL in 2007 were the same kind of people as the faggots here now who only like trash like BnHA and Jojo and make loud obnoxious shitposts about how much anime sucks. I bet you don't even know what else aired the same season as TTGL.

That would be NGE.

fuck you you fat fuck you fat piece of shit you bad fat ugly motherfucker

Yep mouth-breathers are desperate to coke themselves up on base stimulation, so the most obnoxious trash gets popular because it gives them that high

see

Space Dandy is better than Cowboy Bebop.

>he hasn't actually tried cocaine
no wonder you don't appreciate it, but KLK is closer to cocaine than anything

Don't tell me what to do, tranny.

>tranny

Attached: file.png (600x341, 209K)

Nah KLK was trash outside of fap fuel. FLCL>>>>>shit>>>>>>TTGL

nah it was good and you're gay

Attached: 1551367654479.gif (286x286, 525K)

>no u
Maybe if you weren't so upset about your favorite show being called shit you wouldn't be such an obvious tranny.

code geass

you pre-op or post user?

>no u
>tranny card out of nowhere

stay mad tranny

Get gud at animu, family.

Didn’t mean to quote

Why would you enter this thread if you're going to get this butthurt about your favorite show being called shit? This is why you're trannies.

>he’s still upset about blatant trollposting
Everything ok at home user? How’s the transition going, they prescribing you enough hormones?

>still making 'no u' replies
Classic mentally ill tranny.

There's a very good reason why SHAFT is about to die.

>still making no u replies
>n-no you
seething puppet dancing on my strings

Haruhi is remembered because it was good, faggot.

>you haters
dont look at me boss, i may be 12 years late but im totally infatuated with ttgl now that ive finally seen it

>most overrated anime
>in 2019
this is some terrible bait

Madoka, Cowboy Bebop, and just about every KyoAni series would like to have a word.

Attached: 4chan_1c175d_1609526.jpg (600x750, 66K)

God I miss the mid/late 2000s, a time when Yea Forums was still optimistic about everything and it was okay to like shit.

Attached: 1250252433508.jpg (1280x800, 314K)

you got those backwards bro

just like jojo

It was influential though. It started the light novel boom

Disappearance was good, the TV show was mediocre at best

FMA and TTGL are Fucking average

Nah

TTGL > FMA

>and kick reason to the curb
hate this phrase so much. chuuni as fuck

It's not really overrated. It's just not nearly as fresh and new as people pretend it is.

this is probably the most unabashedly chuuni show ever

1. Maduka
2. Jo Jo
3. TTGL
4. Anything made by SHAFT
5. SaO

Pleb opinion, S1 is the best.

Now real talk, that award likely goes to dragon ball (Z and after) with how terribly shit the writing is and how popular it is.
one piece gets second place since it actually has strengths, but at the end of the day its still a vastly overrated series

Attached: 1471316891589.jpg (845x648, 104K)

>Loud noises, funny faces and over the top reactions: The anime
Also
>Selemat Pagi
This is the most overrated shit on Yea Forums.

Attached: nichijou.jpg (640x960, 91K)

It was really fun if you were watching it with Yea Forums. And there were no general threads so you get multiple threads every time a new episode is out which make shitposting a lot easier/fun. A lot of memes were made for the show. Pic related 'won' an informal vote for a new British flag.

Attached: 1197415373869.jpg (3000x1488, 406K)

I remember the Lucky Star vs TTGL wars.
Lucky Star was moe trash and still is.
Now I'm reminded that both of those shows are 12 years old.

holy shit i was just barely starting to get into weeb shit back when lucky star and ttgl were airing, no idea that war went on right under my nose

>weee I can't enjoy non-ironic things weeee what is this whackiness? Weeee it needs to make self-aware quips and sarcasm weee wöööö

Neck yourself Reddit.

Attached: yuuko shining.gif (500x603, 546K)

holy crackers user, thanks for droppin the comic name, now i can finally appreciate the insanity of it properly

Attached: kittan blublu.png (416x488, 150K)

Nichijou is reddit.
The Family Guy of Anime.

Nichijou at least didn't make the fucking Leeroy Jenkins joke ten years late.

every comedy anime has reddit humor.

Steins;Gate and money grabbing sequel.

oh and just like that a kino fan comic just fucking stops right there. feelsbadman

Attached: [toast munching stops].png (379x440, 158K)

FMA is shit. I bet you watched the faggy dub too.

>whole first season dedicated to exposition with no climax
>good
it might be good one day when they finally decide to make use of all this edging and give us a new season

Varies a lot depending on whether you can accept Dandy's style, but I think Dandy's just dandy.

i never would've thought Yea Forums would become a shitting ground where KLK is praised and TTGL is shit on and deemed overrated
this board is worse than Yea Forums sometimes

don't worry, it's alright being a pleb

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 45K)

this. if you think klk is better than ttgl you should just quit your hrt and kys degenerated trannies

I agree. Madoka is painfully mediocre and was thoroughly unimpressive after Steins;Gate.

That would be FMA:B.

Not so much that it's overrated but it's awfulness is underrated.

>didn't watch it in broadcast order
Proving that those that hate Haruhi are plebs.

Attached: 12039686_133182860369755_7472766117852050029_n.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Wrong, Kemono Friends exists.

FMA sucks though. They don't even do actual alchemy.

DUDE IT'S LIMBO LMAO!

Attached: Haibane.Renmei.full.79048.jpg (1280x1024, 368K)

2007 was a special time on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1188687924300.jpg (440x260, 52K)

07 Yea Forums was a blast. it's my nostalgia for that period that keeps me clutching to the festering corpse of this godforsaken board.

But for real though, Madoka deserves almost all the praise it gets. It may not be the greatest anime of all time, but it's still very good, and there's very little to legitimately criticize about it.

Never again.
Geass R2 was close, but that was 2008.
Cross Ange was the funnest set of modern threads that I can remember.

Attached: 1218581020358.gif (320x223, 1.56M)

but when azumanga daioh makes funny faces and loud noises Yea Forums says it's a classic

Fuck i remember when this board was renamed Code geass because of the spam, does anybody have the screencap?

tell me how azumanga is any less different?

Let's be honestly, kamina is as manly as Peter Parker who's known to be a masculine Manlet at best. But still a nerd.

But that's actually good taste.

>tfw no matter how many popular series you seethe over they will remain loved by everyone else

Hipsters stay mad eternally.

Attached: 153581139249.jpg (923x599, 513K)

pretty much

Depends on what part. Like Franxx it started off very well and turned into a mess.

Now this is shitposting.

>loli/moe pandering bullshit.
Someone's a bit insecure.
The point was having something cute and then feeding it to hell.
See Narutaru.

Attached: narutaru.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>gakkou gurashi
That was an interesting show. Completely forgot about it.

TTGL is absolutely a masterpiece.

If you want an example of truly overrated garbage then I can think of no finer example than Re:Zero.

That said, and dare I say it, Row Row Fight the Power is a kuso ED and only good for meme value.

The difference is Narutaru was from the start a massive fuck you to the genre and style of bullshit that Madoka rode in on

Narutaru is good, Madoka can go fuck itself

Do not speak ill of Azumanga, anus cultist

Attached: knife.jpg (1200x675, 38K)

You didn't answer the question.

Azumanga has actual jokes and humor, unlike nichishit.

I wish 50% of anime were as good or better than TTGL

gurren laggan is actually underrated. most people see it as a "dude turn your brain off" show without actually appreciating how nuanced it is

it's just as lolrandom as nichijou and with worse animation to boot, prove me wrong

>lolrandom
Not really, it's more akin to manzai humor

Attached: kill him.jpg (349x528, 55K)

TTGL is actually pretty underrated.
The consensus seems to be that it's just a dumb action show and that's that.
Some of the writing is surprisingly good but people tend to not pick up on that for some reason.
Ever notice how every "bad guy" had the same motive. From the first village leader all the way up to the anti spiral they all were holding people down for the sake of safety and assured survival.

thanks for the read anons, i enjoyed it even if it wasnt much

Attached: love.png (766x396, 278K)

here i took some pics if anyone wants them

Attached: PUUUSSYYY.jpg (505x200, 62K)

Attached: nice kamina.jpg (327x251, 20K)

Attached: dude that was TITS.jpg (629x275, 34K)

See TTGL is only praised by literal retards

Attached: awesome.jpg (627x579, 88K)

It's not terrible but it's also not great either, like a 6 or 7/10. First cour was definitely way better.

Just report and close the tab
desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/6ea27f41/image/xJq6Ee8UzOQAZ_AXSPDzMQ/

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25 a - Anime Manga » Searching for posts with the filename ‘6ea27f41’ and wi (1139x1469, 910K)

Were there livestreams back then in 2007 or everyone had to wait for subs?

It's just one dedicated shitposter plus few bored contrarians. Yea Forums is still worse with pepeshit, goldfaces, neverending console wars and other garbage.

>OP’s mom liked TTGL
is this even possible? Yea Forums told me women couldn't understand this show

the first half is golden but the time skim feels like a different show in a lot of ways

Haven't you heard about monogatari?

this

madoka is over ratted while narutaru does the same concept but way better

I'm sorry you weren't smart enough for it.

The second half started out slow but the last 6 or so episodes more than make up for it. Episodes 25-27 in particular are some of the best anime ever made.

it was of course great but it pretty much was supposed to set up the real battle after the time skip, the show as a whole is way incomplete without the antispiral arc even if you changed the beastmen arc end to have lordgenome not give the warning

seething for 5 months, what a fucking incel

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

You are as cancerous as him with posting this wojak shit from Yea Forums or whatever.

you have to be a teenager to enjoy >le bright lights big things and loud yelling

/thread

Attached: MV5BZjNmZDhkN2QtNDYyZC00YzJmLTg0ODUtN2FjNjhhMzE3ZmUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc2NjA5MTU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 20K)

this fan comic was great, who made it? why did he stop? it was unironically better than half of the shit i read on a week basic

Attached: i cant bealive my eyes.jpg (204x250, 16K)

the dude not only understood what made TTGL good, but also cop storys, shit was amazing, i need more

Attached: just 1 more.jpg (629x315, 44K)

he even had a fucking kickstarter back in 2012 but after that its just disappeared apparently, got deleted from wherever he usually would post stuff

/g/ the best board

I didn't realize it disappeared, I backed and got a physical copy. Might scan it now that I know

TTGL is Yea Forums culture and there is absolutely nothing you can do to undo it

Attached: 1218422615632.jpg (480x360, 18K)

how far did that one go? feelin real blueballed that the comic stopped right in the fucking middle of a big scene, like you cant at all even conceivably treat it as a pseudo ending

Why do you hate fun user?

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=wbnEBW8PZ_k

youtube.com/watch?v=VIiX4TL2_vg

Yea Forums is fucking dead

It was cool at first with the comedic tones, but once Kamina died and it actually started taking itself seriously it begun to suck.

Tell that to /m/

Based

For my money, it's decent up until Kamina's death, good until the timeskip, really good until the Rossiu arc ends and fucking amazing from then on till the end.

>only the first eight episodes of ttgl were good
I can't tell if this is a meme opinion or something people actually believe.

These are the people thinking My Hero Academia is good.

Libera Me From Hell playing as Kittan loaded up for his last mission was pure fucking kino

Agree except FMA

Because it did all that a decade earlier, when it wasn't stale

But it kept up the comedic tones throughout the show for the most part, and it had serious moments/drama from the start, like Kamina's existential crisis and finding out his dad had died, Viral's first episode, Adai village sacrificing children to maintain order, etc.

Attached: about that.jpg (960x540, 35K)

KLK was fucking trash, I don't know why that of all things was picked up by normalfags and hyperbeasts

Imaishi is literally incapable of producing anything less than a great anime. This is irrefutable and you all know it.
He could make a show about accountants and it'd still be one of the most entertaining shows of the respective year.

Magic alchemy.

Agreed.

Attached: OlivierMiraArmstrongEp33.png (665x701, 331K)

How the fuck did a show with such a pissy budget and crap ending become one of the biggest franchises in anime? It would be like if Half Life still had the praise it got but was made with 16-bit graphics and 3/5 of the story cut out.

Attached: dims.jpg (1200x571, 94K)

>Check what the artist is up to these days, see if he ever did more of Double K
>He dropped art to be a professional pianist

Not even mad, but excuse me?

Attached: 758634875.jpg (509x577, 19K)

>pissy budget
Its budget wasn't pissy. It had great animation at times. And never looked bad.
And the ending is one of the things that made it so iconic.

lol wut, I just figured he scrubbed the old fan comic cause he got a "serious" art job and he thought it would look bad on a portfolio. Well, good for him.

Attached: deadpooral.jpg (500x500, 55K)

>the ending is one of the things that made it so iconic.
That's a weird way of spelling infamous.

JOJO
O
J
O

Infamous enough to become one of the best selling tv anime series of all time.

i actually did find the oldass kickstarter page, skimmed over the description and even at the time he said his main thing was music

Pleb

Nice spot you found 'ere

Attached: ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

I stopped watching that shit a few eps in when best character died and we're left with cuckboy trying to man up.

I get why it's popular because all Japanese men can relate to passive MCs.

Nice bait

did anyone actually enjoy this? I just found it to be boring and the characters seemed pretty shallow.

In what way we're you supposed to get feels after watching this shit?

Violet Evergarden was much better in this regard

Attached: images (30).jpg (220x312, 21K)

Even as it is now, Monogatari is severely underrated

based

>and FMA
a little less based

poor man's code geass

>nu/a/

>grouping FMA in with those
yikes

Most overrated anime I've ever watched was kids on the slope. The jazz scenes were the only thing keeping me watching and they were few and far between. Fag dipshit MC hung up over literally crossdressing Shinpachi who's also a dipshit. Delinquent guy was pretty bro tier but was always in proximity with the other stupid characters.

Nah, you're right. I'm sure if I watched it in elementary school I'd be more affected. The music was great, but the you could see the entire plot from a mile away. One-dimensional characters that I cared nothing about, least of all the main love interest.

It was blatant feels-bait. Designed and written to make you feel emotions rather than being naturally emotional. again, great music.

this

Thank you for reminding me what the name of this anime is, I've been trying to remember for years. I haven't watched it yet, it's just somewhere in my backlog.

yeah average, one of the best-made shows of all time, everything that it is popular isn't shit you fucking dipshit

I think it helped start the fire.
But sword art threw gasoline on that fire.

>beginner level favorite anime list

you talk like someone in here has any kind of humor rather than say with all caps "FAGGOTS, FUCK YOUR TASTE" and put pepe in every fucking thread

TTGL is a celebration of Mecha by the guys who brought you Eva, a deconstruction of Mecha. Woah.

I agree. Shit is overrated as fuck. Simon ends up a virgin hobo for fuck's sake.

Fuck Gainax and their bad endings. They love bad endings WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH.

i actually think ttgl mostly lives up to the hype but i also agree that ending was way worse than it had any right to be, i get that all the others should have stayed dead but for fucks sake simons spiral power should have been able to stabilize nias existence or something
like a massive direct injection of spiral power way up into nia, over and over again, in the missionary position with handholding, to conceive a spiral child

love this shows except SAO, i think your taste is quite shit

Gurren Lagann was 12 years ago, so I'll let it slide.

Attached: 1555798181271.gif (540x540, 240K)

Imagine being so dumb Gurren FUCKING Lagann went over your head.

Imagine.

It's just Kamen Rider Ryuki with lolis.

Yet more idiots who don't understand why TTGL's ending is a masterpiece.

>code geass
retarded man's Death Note

Most trash opinion in Yea Forums's history

BASED
Haters BTFO by dubsanon

FMA manga and the Brotherhood anime are great but FMA(2003) ending was utter garbage.

As a teenager I used to love Gurren Lagann but as I got older I automatically stopped praising it that much.
I think it's just matter of age. Grow up user

>automatically
Interesting word choice.

It's a favorite of autistics who like to pad their sentences

>FMA 2003 was garbage

go wash your mouth out with soap and stay in your room while the rest of the family has dinner

Correct

Dragon Ball is the most overrated series

Attached: MV5BODNiM2Q4ZDYtNmU1Ny00OTRhLThjY2QtNzE4MzZlMzFjMDY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQwNzI5MDA@._V1_.jpg (1000x1426, 531K)

that's not a good thing

haruhi killed anime

Agreed it's trash tier