Most influential anime of the 70's: Gundam

Most influential anime of the 70's: Gundam
Most influential anime of the 80's: Macross
Most influential anime of the 90's: Evangelion
Most influential anime of the 00's: Azumanga Daioh
Most influential anime of the 10's: Sword art online

Attached: lain-alien.png (1512x1072, 1.34M)

Huh, weird to see an OP that is objectively correct. That also explains why the 10s are so shit compared to the other decades.

change 70s to Yamato

>Most influential anime of the 00's: Azumanga Daioh

Attached: 102.jpg (1273x1024, 219K)

There are far more influential series from the 70s than Gundam

>00s
>not k-on or haruhi or lucky star
Lm@o.

Change the 90s to DBZ.

Absofuckinglutely. After Azumanga Daioh huge chunks of the industry stopped telling sprawling dramas and instead pumped out High School slice of life CGDCT. I was there. I remember it well. I mean Kyoani alone...

Attached: evilglasses.gif (440x330, 511K)

Yeah because Dragon Ball didnt exist right

god, what a wonderful world that would be.

That's why Azudai was so influential. all of those shows (Haruhi to a lesser extent) came out of Azumanga Daioh changing the landscape into a girl's high school stories market.

>Sword art online
god damn if this is the best the 2010s has to offer then i'm out. its only downhill from here.

Attached: 1543608367044.jpg (352x353, 21K)

Beating a dead horse for 20 years is not influential.

From what dimension do you hail from?

Dragon Ball was huge, but it wasn't really influential.

Meanwhile, Gundam was the first show to prove you could make a not kids-only show on TV.
Macross proved you could carry a show with high budget and visuals which are all over the place.
Evangelion proved you could make money in the deep-night time slot because there was an audience that wouldn't care.

Put these three together and you get modern anime. Inconsistent visuals, late-night time slot, more often than not aimed at various niche audiences.
Dragon Boll is just a typical wuxia story wrapped up in a Toei show format.

Why can't you retards read? Influential =/= good. Haruhi was "influential" but it fucking sucked.

I hate mechafags so god damn much

Not really

of course it didn't to amerifats

Change 10s to K-On!

Whole internet was built around it tho