Vinland Saga

New trailer is out twitter.com/V_SAGA_ANIME/status/1120976066615631872

Air date confirmed 7th July

Are you ready for the anime of the decade Yea Forums?

Attached: vin32.jpg (946x1337, 314K)

I don't think it looks very good.

I think it looks very good.

It will be as bad as Altair

rude

based

Attached: vin6.jpg (640x452, 63K)

Attached: D46CH2kXsAMCUm3.jpg (1200x849, 220K)

>July
Half of WIT will be dead after this

Attached: D46CH8lW0AAoBjo.jpg (1200x849, 238K)

>Come back here Thorfinn let me hug your small body.

Attached: 20190424_062237.jpg (1755x1080, 474K)

Attached: D46CH3EW4AAYiiW.jpg (1200x849, 233K)

Attached: D46CH2lWkAA3kYZ.jpg (1200x849, 215K)

>24 episodes
make it three quarters

Oh lordy it looks like Knut has a massive arm because of his positioning in front of Thorkell.

wowe farmland saga is reborn

It's foreshadowing his transformation from a trap to a chad

Attached: vin13.jpg (729x424, 78K)

Where doesn that 24 episodes information come from? Not saying it's not likely but I've went through every nook of the offcial website, Twin Engine website and several news websites and also NHK broadcasting program and there's no mention about 24 episodes anywhere. Not even in the trailer.

Don't know but it has to be 2 cours since Canute and Thorkell are in the trailers

I want to know the source not bloody stupid people jumping to unfounded concussion.

>trailer literally shows scenes 50 chapters in
>STOP JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS

yes, i can't wait for finally see Tohrfinn in his prime

It's shit.

>CGI shit
Get ready for dissapointment, because you can tell from the trailer that WIT preferred to allocate their A-team for SnK/Kabaneri and just let KoiAme/Magus Bride's team do this instead.

Attached: 1462229612398.jpg (872x685, 104K)

>KoiAme team
Even better

or maybe they will rush the fuck out of it?

You would need to cut half of the story, to the point it wouldn't make any sense. Not something WIT would do

It'll be 1 cours long and adapt the whole prologue. I guarantee it.

That would be an absolute clusterfuck. There's too much material

>Half of WIT will be dead after this
?? explain

He probably means that they have a lot of work this year

Wew, for a second I was worried they were getting mass layoffs or something

Except all studios outsource the fuck out of their work, so bad schedule or not, you can always guarantee that a different sweatshop in china is doing the inbetweens each time.

I hope anime will finish before it gets shitty like manga. I don't want to watch farmland saga.

But farmland saga is the best part

Attached: vin5.png (834x671, 413K)

Only thing he was developing was the fields. After such bloody early chapters such big shift of action made it feel. like all this fighting early never happend.

The manga was about pacifism and the insanity of war from the beginning, some just ignored it

Attached: vin10.png (808x1200, 201K)

Peace was never an option.

I've been reading through Sangokushi after Hox started story timing it here. Roughly 33 volumes in, you know what it said? "Now begins the age of the Three Kingdoms." Over halfway through the series named fucking Romance of the Three Kingdoms. That's just how these stories work. Huge in scope, expansive in their timelines and length.

Vinland Saga is a lot like a huge ass epic, and the whole traipsing around Saxony thing was to set up Thorfinn's past and trauma as something he eventually learns from and moves beyond. Considering it's even named after Vinland, the series was never going to remain that story. The farmland and grikkland sagas become stronger precisely because, rather than a nebulous backstory, we see the kinds of fucked up mentality he used to have and the kinds of shit he went through. I feel for people who preferred the prolog, but it's become the exact sort of complicated work about pacifism that I've been wanting to see someone tackle for years.

Farmland Saga again provides the raw kind of story that's usually left to vague, little dwelled upon backstory. But it's about Thorfinn finding some kind of purpose and drive in life again through his farmwork with Einar. I appreciate that Vinland Saga can be this incredibly farsighted work that takes you through Thorfinn's life and trials without just putting everything in a time skip. Though there still are those, by and large the series shows the life Thorfinn has led that created that man he grows to be.

Attached: 010.jpg (663x418, 144K)

DAIGO!

My personal preference was Miyu Irino, but Kensho Ono is fine too. I was sweating bullets that they will cast Yuki Kaji because Studio Wit.

This and the last scene don't look familiar, looks like there's going to be some anime original stuff after Thorfinn joins the gang

Attached: vinrando.png (1278x718, 1.24M)

>24 episodes
Farm confirmed?

>snoreland saga
Why can't they just skip everything and start right from the fun boat adventures?

The prologue is 54 chapters. That's 2-3 chapters per episode. Farmland will have to wait for season 2

They're not going to do 100 chapters in 24 episodes user.

oh god if they end it at the prologue that reaction of animeonlys might make everything wroth it

Attached: x21.jpg (728x1058, 160K)

hopefully it ends before when manga turned into literal garbage

>waah thorfinn is no longer an angsty teenage ninja this sucks

Why are you memetexting like a Yea Forumsermin retard?

I don't believe this 24 episodes stuff. PVs rarely contain scenes beyond the first few episodes and we can already see fully animated scenes from vol 2.

Obviously it won't get to the Baltic Sea War.

The CGI Thorkell everyone was crying about looks like it's from Thorkell's flashback from volume 6

Oh no, it's Berserk 2016 all over again

Attached: hwga.jpg (752x960, 59K)

Why is it so hard to believe? 54 chapters in 12 episodes is not possible and not adapting the whole prologue would be like ending Berserk before the eclipse. It makes no sense if you want to tell a proper story

>54 chapters in 12 episodes is not possible
It is possible.

CGI boats

No it isn't. Don't be silly

>implying post-season 1 SNK is good

MNY and KoiAme are both well-animated and better directed than SNK Season 2 onwards.

I haven't read it in a while. Is it still a bad comedy with lol so random lancer and supermoves?

you are correct, we should skip all the prologue and just adapt the best part: farmland

>start with the worst part of the series

Wrong way to moan about it you idiot. Here how it should be:
>generic music
>not nordic folk music

See? Not hard if you have taste you stupid fuck

Vagabond farming saga > Vinland farming saga

This is a fact.

Attached: madara.jpg (597x604, 46K)

The poster looks great, can't wait for this.

Attached: 1553867937001.png (500x684, 218K)

I like vinland saga but why is it getting an adaptation now?

Hopefully it is good. I think the material would not be hard to adapt faithfully.

Why not? Better late than never

Accept the cgi scenes look better then all the hand drawn shit in the trailer

Imagine being blind, also koiames steller direction has nothing to do with the animators, and the script has very little to animate in the first place.

I think they might add some anime original stuff in between chapter 16 and 17 (probably a montage of Thorfinn trying and failing to kill Askeladd throughout the years)

On a side note I have a small feeling they might rearrange some stuff so that
>Chapter 3-16 are adapted first
>Go back and cover Chapter 1-2
>Move on to chapter 17 and on
Not a real fan of this order myself but it probably would work better for the anime

I dunno about that, it would change the feeling a lot since you are already supposed to know that Askeladd kills Thors before the flashback. Plus they probably want to start with lots of action to get normies hooked in the first episode

Makoto Yukimura is supervising the anime production, so if he agreed with anime-only scenes, I suppose one could even consider them canon.

No, you fucking retard.

true but the flashback was almost one and a half volumes longs, if they don't cut anything its gonna be 1-2 episodes to cover the first 2 chapters then 3-4 episodes to cover the flashback arc

Nothing wrong with that. I hope they adapt it faithfully

1 episode for chapters 1 and 2. 2 episodes to get to the end of volume 2.

There's no way, go and check how much stuff there is. A typical episode adapts like 50 pages so around 2 chapters. First chapter alone is almost 100 pages so fitting chapter 2 there would be pretty hard

Series turns to shit after the timeskip anyway, so who cares.

Attached: 1329474844862.png (320x287, 107K)

Pleb filter working as intended

>series starts as one thing
>drastically shifts once author becomes a family man
The plebs are the ones that kept reading.

Except that the themes never changed, see

His father still fought (because full-on pacifism is mega retarded) and after that point (even before it) for a very long time it was full-on violence.
The farmhouse part not only shifts in terms of how it handles violence, but also the entire flow and theme of the narrative. It's almost entirely different.

Thorfinn still fights, even more than Thors even. There's no difference in how the violence is handled. The story was always going to be about how violence is bad and yet so many people somehow completely miss it and just read it for cool fights

Stupid sexy Canute.

Attached: TVアニメ「ヴィンランド・サガ 」第2弾アニメPV.mp4_snapshot_00.28.240.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

>series has a bunch of cool fights
>baffled that people read it for the cool fights
The pacificst theme is the shittiest thing about it. If your goal is to be anti-violence then said violence should be horrid and not a reason why people read your material.

The action sequences done with cgi and that camera movement look so much better then the handrawn stuff, like the opening clip looks like some shit from filler hell naruto.

Looks pretty bad visually.
I'll give it a shot. Maybe the story is good.

Fights are spice, story is the meal. I guess anything with action is going to attract drooling retards who wanted Thorfinn to remain an emo teenager lashing out at everything that moves forever

>show has tons of cool fights
>in a series not supposed to glorify fights
>user calls people that enjoy the fights retarded and not the author incompetent for not even being aware of the dissonance

Attached: 1296918246891.jpg (546x548, 29K)

Thorfinn being a bitch is w.e, they didn't have to turn him into a friendship is magic, moralfag and use his character to preach mind numbingly shallow nothings about how bad violence is.

There's absolutely no tension left, bad use of low quality comedy to constantly ruin scenes, no sense of groundness.
Characters sillily shout attack names now, it's just tank in quality on the whole.
And i'm saying this as someone that thinks farmland would've been 10/10 if it was cut short a bit.

It just ended

>It's a viking turns into a peace loving hippie after doing DMT episode.

>innocent people get brutally killed all the time
>everything is telling the reader that violence and revenge is bad
>somehow still didn't expect farmland saga

Baltic war was a mistake, can we go back to scamming continentals with narwhal horns now?

get ready for eastern europe war arc

Please no

Attached: 1552725003820.gif (240x176, 912K)

livechart lists this anime as 24 episodes. They only list episode count after confirmation.

Very bold of them to release a PS2 game in this day and age.

what an amazing joke, sure didn't hear this one a billion times before

cute girl

I doubt Yukimura is unaware of the dissonance. I don't think Vinland Saga can accurately summed up as simply being a story about how "violence is bad".

That's Ylfa.

Are you retarded user?

I don't think it's so much that violence is bad as it is that violence isn't the be all end all and that people simply didn't look for other solutions outside of naked force.

bump

is it just me or does Thor kill all of Askladd's allys in the trailer. Thinking mostly of 0:43 and 0:57. In the manga he doesnt even draw his sword. Feels weird to have the whole "you have no enemies" speech and then start slashing up fools

Attached: Skärmklipp.jpg (687x606, 111K)

It's a flashback from when he was a jomsviking

damn you are correct, didnt notice the diffrent clothes. my bad

It turned into a really shit manga though when Thorfinn became a pacifist cuck.

No. The series goes to shit after the farmland arc.

Looks a lot like SnK, hopefully it won't be a budget nightmare like S1 was

>a giant child
Damn, he's certainly got the character down