Why was she so useless?

Why was she so useless?

Attached: Kurenai_Part_I.png (1194x1024, 1.03M)

>has the sharingan
>useless
No

Because genjutsu was useless bar snowflake sharingan abilities and muh genius kage 8 years old Itachi.

lel

because she's a woman in narutoverse

>genjutsu user
>can't use the sharingan for shit

>Besterest genjutsu user evaaarrr!
>gets both eyes, marriage and relevancy murked

I..

this guy gets it

Genjutsu is too overpowered, her only choice is to job. And that kinda goes for the entire manga, Genjutsus aren't allowed to shine because they're too op.

Seriously you just need to catch someone into an illusion and they're now a vegetable, you just kill them with a kunai. It's a very binary thing. They either avoid falling into the Genjutsu or they die. Just like Tenten isn't allowed to land her attacks because they're lethal.
But we can assume Kurenai is a genius at killing non-relevant enemies.

You can have a bit of spotlight even if you job though. Asuma's whole purpose was to job so Shikamaru could get a bit of focus, but at least he goes out there and beheads Hidan before dying. Kurenai's whole purpose was to ???

If Kurenai ever succeeded at her purpose she would probably kill the enemy... Though, Kishimoto could have done something like trapping Hidan in a Genjutsu only for Kakuzu to inject chakra into him through a loose thread so he avoids getting beheaded just in time.

Yeah, I see it. The real problem as being a woman in the Naruverse. You could still write good situations where Kurenai's Genjutsu works and ALMOST allows her to win, or at least cut an arm or something off.
She had no purpose.

No one said she was the best ever, just that she was good at it.

later on, there were dozens upon dozens of insta-kill jutsu you cannot defend against introduced. like amaterasu, dust release, raikages speed

yeah, it did ruin the series

Nobody cares, there are questions that are more worth asking or answering.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

This also kishimoto is a hack

Itachi is one fun guy
>If you look at him, he sends you to hell for 3 days
>If he looks at you, you die with black fire
>If he touches you with his sword, he also sends you forever to the shadow realm
>If you touch him with your strongest jutsu and he uses his shield, he reflects it back at you

he is also master shuriken thrower and his hack eyes can copy any move in the world

he also has a fucking stand which protects him from all danger and basically a ghost mecha

>I can copy any jutsu
>But I'm already unbeatable with my own jutsus I don't even need to copy yours

early onset menopause

But I do like how all these OP powers resulted in Madara's Rampage, Naruto went shit like at the beginning of Shippuuden but that ending craziness was a beauty

Pretty much all OP characters have a full resistance to his genjutsu
The instakill and instablock abilities are also completely useless in narutoverse as everything is decided by movement and reaction speed.
Unless you have an antidote poison is an instakill as well, let that sink in.
>amaterasu, dust release, raikages speed
You just run away from them. Lee's, Haku's, Dosu's and all the jonins speed was more overpowered if we talk in relative numbers

I don't know if people noticed, but Kishi directly implied that Asuma was cucked by Shikamaru for whatever reason. Just read the chapter where he visits her at the hospital.
Mirai also doesn't have dark skin like Asuma had, you would suppose that her skin color would be something inbetween Asuma and Kurenai but it simply isn't