Was he a metaphor for imageboard culture and a reference to MGS2?

Was he a metaphor for imageboard culture and a reference to MGS2?

Attached: kazundo-gouda.jpg (350x490, 40K)

Explain how? I didn’t finish the season.

>I'm a virgin, you know
Why did they add this bit of dialogue?

Section 9 and the viewers are under the impression he is elaborating some massive scheme to start WWIV but it turns out in the end that he was merely trolling. He published a blank manifesto online and when someone, specifically a virgin, would "read" it, they would become fanatics individualist. It turns out in the end that he had no specific goals other than "creating context".

He then tries to flee to the American Empire where he is promptly executed with a bullet in the face by an optic camouflage Major, waiting for him at the American embassy.

Attached: gouda.png (1280x661, 388K)

I started rooting for him when he revealed that he wanted all non virgins to die, finally a villain I can sympathize with

>WWIV
But I thought that already happened?

WWIII mate

They also had an episode with a dude with no junk go to a prostitute only to get beat up. And things like pic related. It was a weird season.

Attached: [OZC]Ghost_in_the_Shell_S.A.C._2nd_GIG_E17_'Red_Data'_[v2].mkv - 0003.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

the guy was a suspected member of Individual Eleven but it turns out he just delusional and too much of a pussy to actually ever commit any crimes. That episode hit me close home, not gonna lie.

Yeah, and then 4 happened without nukes, or is SAC in a timeline where it didn’t?

In SAC we have a flashback of how Major recruited Saito and it is mentioned it was WWIII

Are you sure about that?
Also, that doesn’t mean 4 didn’t happen.

I watch it religiously once a year, it's not referenced in the animated series.

I could never tell if the plot for the 2nd gig was genius or gibberish. I have a hard time even describing what happened outside of a few plot points.

Doesn't GITS predate MGS2?
I always thought they had a similar aesthetic.

Will I end up like him if I don't have sex?

But do they say they suspect him of wanting a fourth world war, or “another” world war? If they don’t say he wants a fourth one, then there’s no reason to assume there wasn’t already a fourth one.
Well the original stuff did, but SAC started in 2004, which is objectively after MGS2 was made and released.

The first one is already complex as it is and requires multiple watches, second is an expert mode but it's not gibberish, I found it even strangely prophetic of things that are happening today such as the whole Dedjima island subplot, which is why I compared it to MGS2

I didn't have sex and also ended with a cushy government job

Honestly, this whole thing about which war he's trying to start is getting the conversation off the rails really quickly, just watch it, it's irrelevant

I just think if someone who explains something to me gets something wrong, and I immediately know it’s wrong, despite not having watched what’s being explained, I’m gonna question the validity of the explanation.

have they come up with medicine for autism yet? Something lie reverse adderal? They only mention WWIII and I've only watched SAC and the movies.

>They only mention WWIII and I've only watched SAC and the movies
Oh, that explains it.

Hey me too.

desu I though in the manga it was a post WWV world even

Well I haven’t read the manga either, I’ve just read stuff on wikipedia, and there’s no mention on a fifth there.

Same, I can't even remember what the conflict was. There was the Individual Eleven, that Kuze guy, the guy in OP's pic, something to do with refugees and other stuff. I thought the Laughing Man was much better.

Correct, just as described