Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa

What's Yea Forums's consensus on this?

On one hand the fucking narrator makes me want to shred my eardrum to pieces. But on the other hands those stupid jokes are kinda amusing.
Legit can't tell if it's trash or kino.

Attached: Tonegawa.png (1280x720, 462K)

kino

Funny and worth watching, though the shitposters thinking this redeems Tonegawa are annoying and I don't feel it was accurate to how big a shitbag he is. Also shifting the timeline to the modern era was dumb.

Maybe I missed some details or forgot but what's the indicator Kaiji didn't take place in modern times? I kinda assumed that it did.
I remember it explicitly saying it's in the 60s-70s in Akagi but in Kaiji they never clearly say when it takes place do they?

Attached: 010.jpg (744x1090, 208K)

It's great.

The narrator is the best part you fucking idiot

It exists in "fuck you" time

They constantly make reference to the "Lost Generation" of Japan in Kaiji which is when Japan was so economically fucked no one could get a job. So Kaiji 100% takes place in the 90's

I kind of miss this style. His current style isn't bad but there's something about this that's charming as well.

Starts off a little awkwardly but overall a fun show

Attached: 1543357160729.jpg (1280x2261, 696K)

It's good.

Attached: vrum.gif (300x300, 144K)

It's very good. You get used to the announcer like you got used to dick.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 19 [720p].mkv - 0015.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

It does take place in "modern times"
thing is "modern times" when kaiji started was the mid 90's

so yeah

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 23 [720p].mkv - 0004.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

>On one hand the fucking narrator makes me want to shred my eardrum to pieces.
It's easily the best narrator in comedy history, you tard.

The threads only were around the day it aired and most of the threads were rather critical at the beginning, especially at the beginning after a poor first episode. As time went on, the threads were small, but they were almost unanimously positive which is surprising for Yea Forums.

Speaking for myself, I just watched it to see something that season that wasn't isekai, shonen, or moebadge. It was strangely entertaining but I still have no idea who the target audience is. Threads were positive because only people who stuck around were those who liked it enough to keep watching.

Reminder that the official english Volume 1 releases in 2 days

Attached: 91kfKHtTrKL.jpg (1799x2560, 565K)

I dropped it after the first episode but decided to give it one more chance later on a whim. Turned out to be one of my favorite comedy anime, and on top of that the comfy threads gave the show an even more positive vibe.

>target audience
Anyone who likes comedy. And annoying Fukumotofags.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 20 [720p].mkv - 0002.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

>Not hardcover

Still excited for it though and hope we get more releases from Fukumoto if it does well.

No, it was in kaiji, the one in tonegawa is annoying as fuck, I mean, rolewise it's the same but the voice is so fucking high pitched it annoys the fuck out of me.

It was okay, fun.
But I wish we'd gotten more kaiji instead.

I love how they teased Kaiji making an appearance several times only for it to be a bait and switch.

Everyone hated the narrator after the first episode came out. It was only after a few episodes that people got used to it.

The gag manga was never intended to be canon and such the anachronism to not juxtapose this tonegawa to the original story

Head canon is that the villains here are in the afterlife after losing to kaiji living the happy sitcom lives they wanted

>Not hardcover
Shit's for people who insist that comics are graphic novels while Japan maximizes accessibility and profit with affordable softcovers.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.33_[2018.11.14_23.25.44].jpg (1072x1440, 261K)

The announcer is what drew me in. He's funny as fuck.

You can always read the manga, which is goofy and fun.