The only dubs that should be considered pertinent are the ones for Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal alchemist

The only dubs that should be considered pertinent are the ones for Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal alchemist.
All others strip the series of any value and turn it into something it's not.

Attached: s-l640~2.jpg (361x329, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9nCw96uWA
youtube.com/watch?v=LDnu0giUS00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe the panty and stocking dub only because they completely changed the script and made it better.

check my dub_s, and begone.

Attached: qwaser-3743.jpg (757x720, 104K)

I feel like everyone is gonna turn on the FMA dub because of Vic McEggnog.

You forgot Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardcaptors, Ghost Stories, and Dragonball Z

I wouldn't say ghost stories counts since it's basically a parody. They were trying to replicate the series.

No, all dubs are shit.

Does anybody watch the original Fullmetal alchemist audio?

>nostalgiafags
FMA JP > dub

If you mention liking any dub at all you should be permabanned from Yea Forums.

The voicework for Cardcaptors was actually pretty good. Not a fan of how the script tried to rewrite the series into a mon anime, though. It didn't help that WB refused to air any episodes that didn't have Syaoran.

I'm starting to finally see the light
I think you're right

>dubs
Please, die

you missed out Golden Boy and Baccano

You are fucking kidding me right?

Baccano is nearly unwatchable subbed for me. The dub makes the show honestly.

Attached: Baccano cowboy.gif (500x275, 492K)

Most dubs change the scripts way too much by adding needless quips and references. Dubs should die

>pertinent
Are you retarded?

I'm still trying to figure out, between the dub and Nip, of A Silent Voice, which is more "authentic"?

What about Hellsing Ultimate

its called A Silent Voice. you should watch it muted.

Outlaw Star ENG DUB > original JP dub

You know, the movie would still make complete sense if you did that.
But then I'd miss out on this goofy shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9nCw96uWA

22 replies and no Yu Yu Hakusho? Time to fix that. Yusuke's screeching in the sub is unbearable.

Attached: latestcb20130713065326_display.jpg (650x488, 42K)

Japanese, you teenage retard

>The only dubs that should be considered pertinent are the ones for Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal alchemist.
Tryhard normie detected

Dub has Shoko played by an actual deaf person.

Kekkai Sensen dub is fucking awesome. I had no faith in nu-dubs until I saw it.

Attached: 8F52A311-0090-457D-A0C2-B8AB6900DF9A.jpg (750x513, 88K)

That doesn't make them a good actor

add berserk 1997 and flcl

all english dubs are terrible. zero exceptions.

What's with all the FMA discussion recently? Other than it being 10 years after brotherhood originally aired

Attached: [Reaktor] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - E27 v2 [1080p][x265][10-bit][Dual-Audio].mkv_snapshot_20 (1920x1080, 703K)

Black lagoon's fucking dub wasn't fucking bad either fuck.

Vic lawsuit and Elon Musk changed his avatar to Ed

I love when someone uses "all" in an opinion. It basically serves as a red flag for bait and thus, should be disregarded.

>dubs
>D U B S
Suck my dick

Hello Revy

Attached: bl_gta.jpg (1920x1200, 1.03M)

>financially supporting a dub that supports a r*pist

yikes

It's not even that great; workmanlike in its professionalism but too cartoonish (and Roy sounds like 60's Adam West)
Only good dub is Hellsing because I don't have to hear those horrendous SoCal/Leaf accents

Are you a teenage girl?

What is psg?
What is samurai champloo?
What are pretty much every single 80s and 90s ova?
What is flcl?
What is ghost stories?

Based musk

Attached: 778.jpg (600x400, 37K)

Trigun, Fairy Tail, and Naruto

Ghost Stories is a rare treat and can probably never be replicated again because "THINK OF A BIG BLACK GUY CHASING YOU" will never be allowed in the post-Vic#metoo era of dubbing.

Death Note unironically has a good dub imho tbqhwy

Attached: 0c1d9ec3dc843da7761deba2e9eb3d48.jpg (647x1024, 80K)

this

You are saying this like history is a one directional trend. these things go up and down, give it a few years nobody will care.
Also there are now new dubbers starting out so they could always try out stuff like that.

i turned on it when i watched the FMA movie on youtube in 2006, i think there were still new episodes on adult swim at the time. always thought the sub was far superior

Black lagoon.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u6.jpg (550x344, 93K)

100% agree

THis

>Hellsing dub original or Ultimate
>Alucard is a medieval Romanian vampire living in 20th century Britain
>Somehow speaks in an American accent with modern diction

How does this make sense?

>no GitS SAC

Attached: [OZC]Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG E10 'Trial'.mkv_snapshot_12.38_[2015.09.19_00.43.56 (1920x1080, 130K)

You clearly don't love that

Whilst good dubs that isn't necessarily true. I like Black Lagoons take on it.

He's a translator and it also has canon Russian, Spanish and Japanese scenes. Works for me.

Attached: BP.jpg (640x360, 35K)

This guy gets it, the fuck were they thinking with Arise though?

Because it amuses him to do so.

I watched up to ep 4 with Yea Forums and I just couldn't take anymore
>everyone looked like shit
>everything looked like shit
>animation was mostly shit
>get around to watching it with the dub
>have major's original VA voicing a side character
that right there just killed everything for me
Hell, the kinda fun Combat Arms clone they had a few years ago got about half of the cast back, I fucking hate arise

Attached: ChLMhA7W0AAIrtc.jpg (599x456, 32K)

Yup, I watched it in sub because at least they had original casting for batou and the major.

It fucking irks me to no extent that they had the voice that everyone wanted in the wrong place. I mean, she was on the project. Why not give her the part she deserves?

The animation wasn't so bad further down the line but again it's the issue with using cell-shaded CG in place of true drawn frame by frame pieces. Think of it as Berserk (The movies not the series which whilst terrible objectively had better shading). I didn't like the revamped original movie either, the 3D, whilst not bad was so unfitting and belittling of every had drawn line that came before it and mad it the milestone it was. Rant over but GITS is the shit, Psychopass gave it a good nod too if you haven't checked it out.

Attached: 2569.gif (500x380, 344K)

Ah I forgot to add aswell, aside from the interesting Hydra link with the Firestarter virus (introduction of stuxnet implementation and reference to the famous Iran FLAME nuclear incident with EQUATION) why are we re-writing her origins? I thought the point of the shit with Kuze and the crane folding was that it's where she came from.

Attached: giphy64869.gif (499x386, 228K)

dude cursing lmao

Berserk and Eureka Seven are great.

>no black lagoon

???

I tried watching in sub out of curiosity and was appalled at how bad the japanese voices are. Dub portrayal carried that series.

Ed is going to fuck funimation up

You forgot Hellsing
youtube.com/watch?v=LDnu0giUS00
>OH LAWD COME AMEN

Attached: Catboi marching.gif (278x300, 132K)

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for forgetting about G Gundam on its 25th birthday.

Attached: GetMadUMad.jpg (1016x768, 67K)

I just finished FMA Brotherhood

The world clearly revolves around me

>Retarded Japs forgetting Latin exists

That potato chip scene was superb.

Just because I worship and love you user doesn't mean everyone else does

God

Or the universe

Or what you humans call Truth does

That means you walk a path similar to God's

Attached: 669C5A21-C048-4B25-8453-4399B274B6E3.gif (500x484, 956K)

Code Geass' dub was fantastic, minus Nunnally.

I want to put it in your butt

Yeah all of the VAs were well casted, it fit their characters and there wasn't any bad/corny acting either

Dragonball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost in the Shell, Outlaw Star, Samurai Champloo

Attached: consider the following.png (719x720, 298K)

No

Stop wanting that

Attached: E586D363-BF80-4150-866F-04ADFE25EF77.gif (748x407, 1.68M)

Not these dubs.

Cromartie

Cromartie, though.

Attached: doke doke doke.gif (400x274, 774K)

Yu Yu Hakusho is honestly elevated by its dub.
Also a fan of the hammy NY accents in Baccano.

Golden Boy OP, jesus christ.

Are you retarded

Why Samurai Champloo?

>Cowboy Bebop
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Space Dandy
>Cromartie
>Hellsing Ultimate
>DBZ yeah, I fucking said it.
>Yuyu Hakusho
>Death Note

Dubs? Check these out.

Trigun?

>Black Lagoon
>Spice and Wolf
>Binbougami
>Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

yall didn't think the one piece dub was good?

4kids Pokemon
Yugioh Duel monsters
My Gym partner is a monkey

>yugioh DM
FUCK no. 4kids BUTCHERED that fucking dub.

Whats your favorite subfag cope?
>English sounds bad to me even thought I speak it
>Japanese VAs LITERALLY went to school to be VAs, even though I don't understand Japanese, but still, LITERALLY!
>What, you can't read? LOL

check' em

Attached: 57.jpg (199x253, 10K)

What you mean these?

Uhmm Sweatie outside USA many people speak more than 1 language, also france and italy alone are bigger anime markets than usa.

Cope harder subfag

check'd

get these

Attached: Nana-nana.png (708x394, 227K)

English isnt my native language so why would i chose english over original japanese?

no it happens just not permaban, got banned for talking about the dub and the company like Sony for producing shows like this.

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-085913_Chrome.jpg (720x1280, 381K)

Then I'm not refering to you. Don't get so defensive

mods have been extremely petty as of late. But it's fine at this time because the autistic guy who bitches wakes up around 6 am PT

This is the only good dub. Any other answer is the burning, shining indicator of a newfag that needs to get the fuck off this board.

Attached: 1462039520376.png (500x374, 170K)

That's the part they didn't change

I only like dubs. Now seethe monkey!

I mean that’s really all up to interpretation. Old dubs are generally not great, but recent Funimation dubs have been pretty decent, simply because they have enough money to pay for good voice actors. Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 come to mind.

they did get better, space dandy for one.

Hate dubs, I got a Snap from an old friend watching Sailor Moon dubbed and I was legitimately embarrassed for them.

But I still unironically prefer the dub for FMA, Rurouni Kenshin mainly due to Kenshin being played by a man in English, and Romeo x Juliet due to the Shakespearean English they used instead.

Your enjoyment of dubs has no bearing on my enjoyment of anime and manga. Also on an unrelated note I've beaten my dick sore to Satsuki several times, and I have no real idea why. I think it's the legs.

Attached: 1465746191285.png (917x677, 329K)

IN THE NAME OF GOD YE GUILTY

Attached: figma_bigo_red_droicy_wxp.jpg (500x503, 31K)

Yikes, weeb

Always a based feeling when you just finished a piece of media, open up the corresponding board, and immediately find a thread about that thing even if its like ten years out of season. Definitely makes you feel like the main character of life.

Sexy plain JC legs will never not make me hard.

Attached: 1465327542840.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Sppace Dandy fucked up even the first comedic scene so no lol

Dubs are still better

I was actually kind of impressed with the Funi dub whenever I saw it on TV. The VAs were actually good at screaming. I'm not sure how to describe it but English VAs almost always sound like they're holding back when they yell.

This man knows whats up

>considering any dubs
So this is the power of Americans

Attached: SmugUtena.png (720x480, 332K)

See

How do dubs-only degenerates watch shows that haven't been dubbed and never will be?

Attached: 1541133552321.png (512x500, 266K)

LET HIM BE ACCUSED

I don't. It helps me narrow down series I watch, since there's so much out there.

FMA dub is shit fuck off.

People like OP and is why I loathe the series. The fandom ruined it and turned it into something it's not.

I don't know how it is where you are from, but I am from a small country so we don't have much of a dub industry, and the only things that get dubbed are childrens shows/movies.
Any foreign stuff aimed at people above 12 is subbed, so I can't help but see dubs as something that is for children who haven't learned to read yet.
I guess thats why most of the shows people praise the dubs for are ones Americans saw on toonami or whatever when they were children.

Attached: tea_char.png (960x720, 801K)

And that, my friend, is a subfag cope.

>Japanese voice of Ed
Nice person, free of any drama
>English voice of Ed
Shitty dubfag who's dragging his company to court

Enjoy your ""dubs""

And a ching chong fling flong to you too.

Completely agree.

People give Japanese dubs too much credit. Japan's voice talent is overly monolithic, which really does not work for some shows.

Who cares? Just watch your dumb cartoons and shut the fuck up

This would be ideal, but subfags are misplaced elitism havers with big mouths.

Literally crying about pancakes.

Stop being a subfag enabler.

t. Nozawa

>Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh
These dubs were absolutely terrible and there are actual cut scenes. The fuck are you talking about? They shouldn't exist.

Most dubs are, yes. Unless they're autistic enough to actually just read the subs and lose almost nothing in translation, like the honorifics. Outside of that there's less than a dozen good dubs.

that's a pretty innocuous comment to loathe the whole series for.

Umm baccano dub, hellsing dub, ghost stories dub, next time dont think just because its dub its makes it bad

The funny thing about the ghost stories dub is that a lot of the other dub work by that team is mediocre

Superior tier: Dewey
Equivalent tier: Holland, Talho, Anemone
Barely inferior to original audio tier: Charles
Okay tier: Eureka, Dominic, Ray
Atrocious tier: Renton
Superior tier: Lloyd
Equivalent tier: Jeremiah
Great but inferior to original audio tier: Lelouch, Suzaku, C.C, Charles, Cornelia
Good but inferior to original audio tier: Everyone else
Atrocious tier: Kallen
KILL IT WITH FIRE tier: Nunally

>People want to listen to Romi Park's over the top screeching for 64 episodes as Edward

Your loss